All hotels in Salt Lake City, Utah, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here161 W 600 S, Salt Lake City, UT, 84101, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Great room for a great price"
The hotel was wonderful. Staff were great! and pleasant even at 1 AM when I got in. They were very helpful and seemed happy to help. The room appears to be modernized and bed was very comfortable. I loved that it had a microwave and fridge! The bathroom could use some updating and a better shower head. The restaurant inside the hotel called Reds was not great. It seemed overpriced and the food didn't taste very good. I did order room service and the pecan pie was great. If you stay here, make sure to check out R & R BBQ--it's within walking distance and was phenomenal.
2 night business trip May 13, 2015
"Awesome hotel"
Great hotel. Very accommodating and clean. We look forward to staying there again next year for our 2016 Melaleuca convention!
3 night business trip May 13, 2015
Andre
"Overnight stop in Salt Lake for a road trip"
A quick overnight stop. Everything we expected.
1 night family trip May 13, 2015
"Thrifty downtown hotel near shopping & restaurants"
The hotel is in the middle of downtown and well suited for business. The room was small but had been remodeled. The air conditioning worked sporadically, but, since we were staying only one night, we didn't ask for a repair. We enjoyed City Creek shopping center, lots of security officers and good stores. For pleasure, other areas would be better. There is a theatre nearby, a diner at the hotel. For business downtown, this is a good value.
1 night romance trip May 13, 2015
"Think twice about booking"
There was nothing on web site about the pool supposedly being refurbished. Microwave didn't work. Sliding glass door to deck didn't open. When the wind came up in evening (big wind) the curtains started blowing around and very noisy. I pushed against window and could see that seal in window was gone. Told desk clerk about it when checked out and it was...."oh yes, they are planning to fix some windows later on" Well, guess what, don't rent the rooms with faulty seals on sliding doors!
2 night trip May 11, 2015
Susie
"In Salt Lake for college graduation ceremony"
My husband and I were in town for our daughter's graduation from University of Utah. The location was VERY convenient for downtown restaurants, my daughter's apartment, and even the KOA on North Temple where other family members were staying in an RV. The bed was WONDERFUL and comfortable. The only negative was that there was no coffee available in the lobby; the first morning, the urn was there but empty, and the next morning, there was no coffee urn, so we just used the small coffeemaker in our room.
3 night family trip May 7, 2015
"Mediocre Stay"
Hotel is getting a little run down but the location makes it desirable. We had trouble opening sliding glass doors for air and it took a long time for service. Maid forgot washcloths the second day of the stay.
2 night trip with friends May 4, 2015
"Price was fair"
We got the handicap room, which was alright. There was a lot of homeless around the hotel, but the hotel did a good job of watching the doors and grounds. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. Price was fair.
1 night family trip May 7, 2015
"Red Lion stay"
Very comfortable room.
1 night business trip Mar 26, 2015
Debra
"Upset"
Rooms maid cleaned my room when I said no and had a do not disturb sign up!!!! Hotel didn't seem to care when I told about the issue
5 night family trip Mar 31, 2015
"Find a safer place to stay"
I have a service animal, and try to find pet-friendly hotels, even though my ESA is not a pet. This was the first time I had to "document" that I had an ESA. The front desk clerk was rude, not only to me, but to everyone with whom I say him interact. This is a rough neighborhood with lots of homeless and transients wandering around. I didn't feel safe walking my ESA after dark.
1 night trip May 1, 2015
"Too much heat"
The room was way too warm it was difficult for me to sleep.
1 night business trip May 3, 2015
Katherine
"The hot tub was absolutely magical!"
Everything was great. We were able to check in early, which was nice because we were juggling a tight schedule for a one day turn around. The service at the front desk was a bit hectic and the manager on duty, Isaiah, was unkempt and spoke poorly to the other girls working the counter. At one point, the girl who was helping us was trying very hard to keep her cool (and did a great job playing it off to us) but he was clearly on a power trip and came off as a know-it-all. The room was great! Everything was clean, the sheets were fresh, the view was amazing. The toilet was a problem, it took nearly 10 minutes to finish whatever it does after you flush before you could flush again... a little inconvenient when you have multiple people in a room after a 10 hour drive and lots of bad food. I'm sure you get the point. The lobby restaurant was amazing!! The hot tub was absolutely magical.
1 night family trip May 2, 2015
Myles
"Red Lion takes pride in the property"
Great clean hotel. Prices are good and the location is near the center of downtown and about 15 minutes from the airport. Walking distance to many food and drink options. I only wish they had a breakfast included even if it was just the typical bagels and fruit.
1 night business trip Apr 29, 2015
"Probably won't stay here again"
The location was easy to access from the freeway. Customer service was not great. while the customer service representative did ask me if I wanted either a lower or higher floor she failed to give me directions to reach my room. After driving for 14 hours, my friend and I wandered around the floor looking for our room. The light switch didn't work in the room. Easy access to a vending machine, however it was out of order. No access to water unless calling for room service. I rated this hotel a 3 out of 5 because it was not that great and it wasn't that bad. We were thankful to have a place to rest between driving through 4 states.
1 night trip with friends Apr 30, 2015
"red lion stay"
Rooms and towels were nice. Clean room.
1 night romance trip Apr 28, 2015
"It ok no big deal great price"
4 th time! Here it's average but not a very helpful staff low on staff! Very busy because it's less expensive than others in the area!
1 night family trip Apr 18, 2015
"Wow! Pleasantly surprised!"
Great hotel and great price!
1 night trip with friends Apr 18, 2015
"Bret & Wade's Getaway"
My boyfriend and I stayed at this property for a little weekend R & R and I have absolutely zero complaints about our stay. The property was clean and seemed well kept. The few front desk associates that I encountered during my stay were all (somewhat)friendly but definitely could have stepped it up a bit in the customer service department. Our room was very nice and clean. The air conditioner made a squeaking noise but nothing too bad. The bed was very VERY comfortable. Our overall stay was great.
2 night romance trip Apr 17, 2015
Bret
"Not bad"
Found underwear and a sock that wasn't mine. But, it was simple over looked. However, I didn't like finding them.
1 night romance trip Apr 13, 2015
"No washcloths?!"
Room seemed a little smaller than others I've stayed in. No washcloths in the room and when I asked the housekeeping personnel for some they said I would have to call Housekeeping because it was a different department.
1 night family trip Apr 3, 2015
sandi
"Worst Customer Service!"
Some of the worst customer service I have encountered to date. I have stayed here a few times a year and this experience was by far the worst. I advanced RV parking in their lot. The allowed it. We pulled in early by a few hours and were harassed by 3 different staff members even though the front desk was aware of our arrival. Once I get for safety sake. The front desk lady was absolutely rude and accusatory for reasons that are beyond me. Took the shuttle back from the airport for a car rental. The shuttle driver had us wait 45 minutes for passengers because she didn't want to drive there and back. When the passengers did arrive she proceeded to drive 15-20 mph over the speed limit, crossing over white lines, turning fast, and slamming on her brakes. I even had security harass me almost every night in the lobby about my purpose here when I was talking on the phone. My piece of advice for the Red Lion is to retrain your staff in customer service. I am paying customer treat me as such, not like a criminal.
3 night business trip Mar 29, 2015
Brendan
"Comfortable, Clean and Friendly"
I don't drive, so, it's important for me that the hotel is within a walking distance from everything, including a public transit, restaurants, etc. The hotel is about 2 blocks away from the Courthouse Station. I was able to take TRAX from the Airport to this Station and just walk over. The staff are friendly and nice. My room came with a refrigerator and a microwave, which was a big plus for me. My room was facing the west, and the view of the mountains was nice. If you go further to the west side, you'd start seeing many homeless people, just FYI. I really enjoyed staying at this Hotel.
3 night trip Mar 25, 2015
"Red Lion improvement."
I really injoy the room but I really wanted a king bet Suite and the pool was not open.
2 night family trip Mar 25, 2015
christine
"A pleasant stay (with two issues)"
My stay at the Red Lion Hotel was, for the most part, comfortable and trouble free. The beds were spacious and luxurious. The restroom were also nice. My biggest issues with this location were as follows: Before even entering the hotel to check in (the doors in the back are locked by key card for safety), my girlfriend and I were approached by a solicitor who made us both very uncomfortable. Apparently this man was a con artist, but fortunately guests from inside allowed us to enter the hotel so we could escape this situation. Also, the lack of reflectors in the streets in the Midwest (not the fault of the hotel but a tip for travelers planning to cross this part of the country) made driving at night in the rain extremely hazardous for someone coming from the west coast. Apart from these two issues, the hotel stay was pleasant and the rooms exceeded my expectations
1 night trip with friends Mar 23, 2015
Was a nice place, ok stay, only booked this one though because our place of preference didn't have any openings.
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
No bedside table lamp. Wake up call never called.
1 night business trip Mar 17, 2015
"Ok room."
The room is not to bad, old hotel and is many homeless people around.
2 night romance trip Mar 13, 2015
"Terrible service"
When we arrived they did not have the type of room I reserved available, they gave us a cheaper room but still charged us the same for the better room. Staff was very very very unfriendly and uncaring about anything. We were supposed to be on the "list" for breakfast and were not so we had to go elsewhere to eat in the mornings. The area the hotel is located is not the most desirable as we were constantly approached by homeless people as soon as we walked out the hotel doors to go anywhere. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone for any reason at all no matter how desperate you are DONT STAY!
2 night romance trip Mar 13, 2015
Ben
"Last time at this hotel"
We have stayed at this hotel before and been pleased with it, but this time will probably be the last. We got there and they didn't have a room for us even though they had our reservation. So my family had to wait for about 45 mins while they luckily found one. I will say for the most part all of the staff was fairly friendly and helpful. The toilet didn't flush, the air conditioning sounded like it was about to blow up and the shower barely had any water coming out of it. For the price there are better hotels in Salt Lake.
2 night family trip Mar 13, 2015
Brody
"Great Stay, Great Price"
We love staying downtown on occasion, and when we do, we prefer the Red Lion. It is central to everything and not overpriced as so many hotel chains are.
1 night romance trip Mar 13, 2015
Christopher
"Dirty"
The room was dirty. Wet towels were piled up in the corner. Carpet was wet as well
1 night business trip Mar 9, 2015
"Weekend travel..."
Nice place to stay...great location downtown!
2 night trip with friends Mar 6, 2015
Craig
"Good for a budget hotel. Don't expect much more."
Room was very drafty. Had to turn the heater up to 80+ to stay comfortable.
2 night business trip Mar 4, 2015
Nathan
"Averrrrrrage"
I was expecting a little more pop in the hotel and staff.
1 night trip Mar 5, 2015
"Good place"
Love location
6 night romance trip Feb 27, 2015
"Bad wifi"
A little worn out. Some modernization. Wi-fi not good
3 night business trip Mar 2, 2015
"Nice,enjoyable stay!"
We really enjoyed our stay here!! The staff was friendly and the rooms were immaculate!!
1 night romance trip Mar 1, 2015
April
"not happy with check in"
I was not happy with hotels.com they did not give me the correct night and it took several hours to check in, then I was charged 25% increase the only good thing was the clerk had a great asset and I know you know what I mean so time was passed ok but it was 2 a.m.
1 night romance trip Feb 20, 2015
Jerry
The best part was a Maverick convenience store in the hotel parking lot. And the sweet view of the Salt Lake valley, of course.
Response by Red Lion Hotel Salt Lake Downtown
Hello Bryce, Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm glad you found some of the close by amenities convenient and the views are fantastic. We hope to see you soon. Sincerely, Nikki S. AGM
1 night romance trip Feb 28, 2015
Bryce
"Red Lion Review"
Check in was Horrible Service, 2 young ladies at front desk need more training on paying attention to guests checking in, they were having to much fun ignoring guests and talking to 2 maintenance/engineering employees.
Response by Red Lion Hotel Salt Lake Downtown
Dear Asmir, I'm truly sorry about your experience at the front desk. We will look into the issues to ensure these types of things do not happen again. Despite your experience at the front desk, I'm assuming they rest of your stay was enjoyable based on your overall score. I do hope we get the chance to show you what a true hospitality experience is the next time you are in town. Sincerely, Nikki S. ASM
1 night business trip Feb 25, 2015
Asmir
"don't be fooled, this is not a real lion"
The sleeping portion of the room is nice. Bed is comfy, and you can tell it was recently redone. The bathrooms are old and dated, and not inviting. The hot tub was so low on water that the jets were not in the water! We experienced that street waiting over 20 minutes for the staff to get us towels. The staff is rude and unprofessional. This location does not meet the normal red lion standards.
1 night romance trip Jan 2, 2015
Nicole
"Hamertime"
Hotel was in better shape than some of the reviews.
4 night trip with friends Feb 15, 2015
Henry
"Needs TLC."
The air conditioning-heater unit made a ratting noise the entire time. It was very distracting during night time, special when trying to sleep.
3 night trip Feb 19, 2015
"Great Price for a clean hotel."
Loved it.
1 night business trip Feb 20, 2015
Harmony
"Rude front desk"
Isiah at the front desk was very rude and went out of his way to avoid helping us. Won't stay here again due to the service we recieved. That being said, nice room.
1 night romance trip Feb 20, 2015
travis
"Can I get some sleep...Please?"
Room had a mechanical whine all night long so we could not sleep. In the morning they moved us up 2 floors, still the same noise. They then upgraded at no extra charge to a room ( I believe was a normal room, not an upgrade) that was nice until we turned the fan on.... Loud bearing noise! Everything was fine if we didn't run the fan. The staff was nice and quickly accommodating but the hotel need mechanical repairs!
3 night business trip Feb 18, 2015
Billy
"Okay"
First room was not cleaned. Second room needed dusting and had a dirty towel hanging up. Otherwise nice. Heater did not work very well.
4 night family trip Feb 16, 2015
Leslie
Even though the hotel was almost empty I was given a room with a view of the roof, not pleasant. The parking is lacking as well. The room was well appointed and included a fridge and microwave. It is not in a bad location but there is a homeless shelter the next street over and a few blocks down. SLC is pretty safe though.
1 night business trip Feb 15, 2015
Connie
"Average hotel for a below average price."
Average hotel for a below average price.
2 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015