All hotels in San Francisco, California, United States of America
121 7th St, San Francisco, CA, 94103, United States of America, ‏‎866-925-8648

2.9
"not recommended"
bad experience with this hotel. small room,noisy bathroom fan,very very slow WiFi 0.17mbps the fastest,rude restaurant personal and bar tender, very low water pressure in the shower, most of all bad neighborhood.great front desk staff very accommodating, also house keeping are very friendly.
4 night romance trip Sep 23, 2014
Morad
"Good place"
Great place to stay, on a decent road. (which varies from street to street). The room was clean and the parking was easy even though it was $40. Staff was very helpful!
1 night family trip Sep 27, 2014
Angela
"price not match the hotel room"
the staff are very nice and well, but the room it is old. and NO A/C ??
1 night trip Sep 25, 2014
Ray Li
Enjoyed the stay. I hoped they had provided small refrigerators . Not as an extra cost.
3 night trip Sep 19, 2014
Alex
"Over priced for a very average motel"
Needs air conditioning, toilets/shower way too cramped, roll out bed mattress was a joke as you could feel the springs, and supposedly nonsmoking but you could see butts everywhere....
2 night family trip Sep 18, 2014
Ashton
Loved the hotel - very retro. The kids loved the roof top pool. Convenient to metro. A little seedy in spots but two blocks to main bus line. Would stay here again!
1 night family trip Aug 7, 2014
"Great for short stays"
I was only in town for one night and essentially needed a place to rest up and sleep before I went on my merry way again. This was the perfect solution. It was was clean, simple and well-sized, without the unnecessary frills. It definitely could use the installation of AC, though!
1 night trip Sep 18, 2014
Ann
No air conditioning, hotel does not pay for parking. Overall experience was not good for the price paid..
2 night business trip Sep 17, 2014
"Nice hotel in Soma"
This is a good hotel. The overall property is nice, but the restaurant is poor. Below average food quality and selection . The staff was accommodating. The room was too warm, no A/C and too little ventilation with only a little window to open. The price was high for the overall value. It is very a close walk to Folsom St or Civic center Bart, Muni and trolley cars. The room did not have a refrigerator but staff provided one for no charge when I asked.
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
"San Francisco"
Very cute hotel. Has lots of charm. Retro decor was quite fun. Only issue was no a/c . Rooms get pretty warm. Need a fan to pull the air in. Ceiling fan does not help. Friendly staff, and clean rooms.
2 night family trip Sep 15, 2014
"Average and clean"
Free wifi ,no refrigerator. Beds OK. Clean. Open hallways.
Other trip Sep 13, 2014
48y male
"The True Essence of a California Hotel"
This is a midcentury Best Western that has been tastefully redone to enhance that history. You will feel like you stepped back into the past with the enclosed courtyard, retro feel of the rooms and overall ambiance. The hotel is a solid 3 stars. The personnel are helpful and friendly. The room was clean and well maintained. There is no AC so fresh air comes from the window and the neighborhood can be noisy. It is not situated in the best neighborhood, but I traveled alone and felt quite safe and secure.
1 night trip Sep 9, 2014
Adrianna
I was fairly please with the hotel but was very disappointed that there was no air conditioning in the rooms. It became rather uncomfortable in a family room with five people. It never acurred to me to ask if there was air conditioning. I thought that would be pretty standard. However the service was pretty good and would consider using this hotel again (just in the fall and winter)
2 night trip Sep 5, 2014
Room is what you would expect of a best western; clean & comfortable. A little small, but it is San Fran. $30 to park which is cheap for San Fran.
1 night family trip Aug 28, 2014
Garcia
"Nice surprise"
The hotel was a nice nugget in the neighborhood. The restaurant food was good, the room had nice modern touches, and the courtyard was peaceful. Very relaxing.
1 night family trip Aug 29, 2014
PK
"WILL STAY AGAIN AND AGAIN!"
This hotel was a breath of fresh air and in the perfect place in the city. Great coffee shop right across the street (visited both days) amazingly friendly staff, clean and cute rooms, attentive and kind valet. Wonderful! Perfect place for two girls in the city, will stay again!
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
Kara
"no what I was expecting"
the place was not what I used to have in my previews places where I always like to stay
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
"Nice hotel, well priced for the service"
Nice hotel, well priced for the service. Bfast on location larger bfast selection across the street. Fine during the day, at night not so good a location as it is closed to Tenderloin and Civic Center; can become unwelcoming very quickly. Advised to take a cab back at night.
Other trip Aug 23, 2014
"Very bad neighborhood"
The hotel was very expensive in a very bad neighborhood. I would not recommend this hotel.
2 night trip Aug 7, 2014
Javier M
"Can fit a family of five"
No A/C (although not usually needed in SF), got stuffy at night. Sliding window on one side with ceiling fan but nothing near the beds made it uncomfortable. Being just a couple blocks off Market St was helpful however just south of the hotel is scary.
5 night family trip Jul 26, 2014
Stephen
"Location"
When I made reservations. I was not aware of the location. But assumed that Market and Mission St. would allow easy tour bus or public transportation. Traffic and parking fees are insane in SFO. The hotel is on the border of the Tenderloin district (very bad). We had to walk to Union Sq. for transportation. I had to walk among drug addicts, drunken homeless people. The area around the hotel smelled of marijuana and urine. Our first night we had a drugged out crazy man screaming out our window. I had to call security over it. Several other customers yelled at him and chased him away. We had a 9 and 7 year olds with us that were scared. We were offended.
Other trip Jul 29, 2014
Jerry
"Over priced"
Definitely not a 3 star. Room was booked when we got there. We had to wait over two hours to get checked in even though the room was empty. Once in the room there were body hairs on the beds. Site won't let me write what body parts I was talking about. No air conditioning but a fan. There was no towels in the shower. The heater was stuck on wouldn't shut off had to call 3 times to get maintance up to fix it. The noise was loud at night from other people throughout the night. no breakfast, also parking was way over priced $35 dallors a night. Pool was very foggy not clean looking at all. I payed $250 a night place was a $75 a night tops I will never stay at a best western again!!!
2 night family trip Jul 18, 2014
Oscar
"Good Location, decent hotel"
We decided to spend two nights in San Fran kinda late notice and found availability here. The price was a little high but what do you expect in downtown. The hotel decor was nice and the pool was heated which was great. The staff, particularly one person at the front desk was very rude to us when we signed in, really for no reason. I asked for advice for a local place to have dinner and he told me to not be worried about that now and to come back later when we were really ready to go out to eat and basically told me to shut up. Unfortunate, but everything else was as expected based on other reviews.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
Dustin
"crack alley"
its located in the tenderloin, legit homeless on crack wandering the street and plenty to pass by on your way to union square. My room smelled like the rancid chlorine water from the fountain right outside the door in the courtyard. Im assuming everyones room smelled that way on my floor because we all had our windows open. found hair in my shower, not mine! Sheets/bedding were very clean and fresh. Amazing coffee shop across the street, very pet friendly, great burger place connected to the hotel. ok if you're just looking for a place to crash in between activities.
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
"Worst Hotel Ever on Our Vacation"
This hotel is in a VERY seedy area of town after dark. The rooms are VERY small and they have no A/C what so ever. So if you like sleeping in a room for 5 people the size of a shoe box this is your place. I wouldn't take my shoes off inside and wouldn't allow my daughter to even sit on the floor. The front desk clerk told us the pool closed at 10 when it actually closed at 9 and we were RUDELY asked to leave the pool by the maintenance person. Our "family" room was on a corner that everyone had to walk by in the morning starting at 5 am. I wouldnt stay here again.
1 night family trip Jul 2, 2014
Unhappy
"Pretty Good"
Nice motel, nothing special, but a decent place to stay. Room was clean, comfortable bed, and had iron (with no board). Close to all public transportation. Did not know about the $75 security deposit. Would stay here again.
1 night trip Jul 4, 2014
"Nearly impossible to get a good night's sleep"
**Pros** Nice clean room, friendly and helpful employees, decent restaurants and cafes nearby. **Cons** No soundproofing meant we could hear every car driving by all night long. Barely slept.
2 night trip with friends Jun 30, 2014
"best pride weekend ever"
will definitely use this hotel for next year's pride! Only complaint is that there is no AC... everything else was awesome!
1 night trip with friends Jun 28, 2014
crys
Accept no air conditioning and rooms are quite musty.
3 night trip Jun 27, 2014
"Retro Chic with a great price"
I love this hotel it was comfortable and fun I love the environment it was meant for a younger crowd but I saw many families during my visit. It was near many of the location I wanted to be nearby such as union square and a mild walk to ashbury and haight. And also convient with transportation nearby like the muni and Bart
Other trip Jul 2, 2014
Brandon
"Needs upgrade"
the location was ok. There was a good restaurant right next to hotel and the staff were very friendly. But the hotel room need some upgrade. the windows don't lock and anyone can reach the chain lock or door lock if they want. bed can also use some top mattress as it was not comfortable to sleep on. Our family did get a room upgrade and that was a plus.
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
kids and me
"Remodeled and surprisingly nice"
Convenient location to SoMa. Very impressed with the quality of remodel they did not long ago.
1 night trip Jun 25, 2014
"A Night in SF"
Hotel tricky to get to due to one-way streets, but we managed. Parking and entrance not obvious but we managed. Stayed one night with our three grandchildren. There may be a better part of the City to do this, but we never felt unsafe. We were just far from where we were going to do most of our activities.
Other trip Jun 27, 2014
"awful hotel - stay away"
Bad neighborhood Useless concierge has no information about events or places of interest in the city Outdated rooms with tape patched wallpaper Could not even print out boarding passes, non working keyboards at hotel computers WiFi offering speed of modem dial in Stay away from this place
2 night family trip Jun 20, 2014
"family trip to san francisco"
stayed at this hotel. not bad. family liked the room size, there was a fold out couch that the kids liked.
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
gaby
I liked the funky "vintage" feel of the room. It was small but comfortable. It even had windows that opened - yay! However, those same windows were single pane and anyone talking outside the room was clearly heard. All rooms are outside access, that was unexpected.
3 night business trip Jun 10, 2014
"My 2nd time visit"
My 2nd time visit they put me on the 2nd floor corner such an awful room. The rooms upstairs are usually better. I went to drop my car off valet for a bit when I came back to get my car valet guy snapped my key n broke it. Common sense if they key doesn't turn then contact me so I can show u how it works. Broke my custom key for my car & didn't even reimburse me for the damage. My first time here was good 2nd visit terrible :/
1 night trip May 25, 2014
"Nice but a bit challenging"
It is a wonderful hotel per se but the $35 per day parking fee per day or the ticket-maid awaits. Also , it could be and is sometimes, Noisy at night.Party people. Hey it's in SF after all:)
Other trip Jun 8, 2014
world traveler
"Nice weekend in San Francisco"
The wife and I traveled to San Francisco to celebrate our anniversary and I chose this hotel based on the price and other people's reviews. The staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel is really nice all around, from the lobby to the rooms and also the restaurant where the breakfast was delicious. My only complaint was that some of the guests were too loud at all hours of the night, which I understand it happens, so it was probably our luck that weekend having loud people and kids running on the hallways but other than that, it was really nice.
Other trip Jun 2, 2014
"Inexpensive and good location"
The room was updated contemporary. Based on a few small photos my friend showed me, I actually thought it was more of a high-rise building. Instead, it reminded me of Dexter's apartment in Miami. CON: Our room smelled strongly. I think that they just replaced the carpet or did some serious renovation that left a really strong chemical odor. (Hopefully, Dexter wasn't there and that was the chemical smell.)
1 night trip with friends May 9, 2014
Ben
"Not Worth the Money"
Needs Paint - Room Walls thin, Hotel staff did nothing about all night partying - Restraurant is a "Order/Pay" Counter and a couple of tables - Advertised "Full Breakfast to Order" only provided a Continental Breakfast Buffet at $10.95 a plate - No Lobby Coffee Service. For $300+ a night, a rip-off - GO SOMEWHERE ELSE! We'll never be back!
1 night romance trip May 17, 2014
"very expensive parking/breakfast not included"
Not only did I end up spending 35$ extra for parking, I also had to buy out breakfast and at 9$ each not including beverage that adds up fast. Although the room was clean and comfortable and as advertised, there was a party going on in the patio right outside our room until 1 am which woke my baby. Pool was nice and heated.
Other trip May 19, 2014
"parking pitfalls"
Great place to stay. Beautiful mod-style hotel smack dab in the middle of everything. The only complaint I have is the $30 parking fee. It is separate from your booking and there are no other options. The hotel is pretty clean however I did notice a used glove in the courtyard overnight.
1 night trip May 16, 2014
Great for a night or two. Close to the bars and clubs and other nightlife...making the BART and cab rides affordable.
Other trip May 19, 2014
kyndal
"Amenities Weren't Bad; not Thrilled about No AC"
The hotel staff were very good. The hotel itself was a warren of courtyards and hallways and not kept very clean. The staff did a good job on my room though. The room itself had some torn curtains and the windows were odd/thin/cracked. The hotel had no AC which, given the unseasonably warm weather, made the room a bit stuffy and uncomfortable. The exercise room was well-equipped for a hotel but they didn't have a means of cleaning the equipment or towels. The hotel was in proximity to a federal building but backs up to an somewhat depressed area. All in all, a mixed bag.
5 night trip May 11, 2014
Steve R.
"Not perfect"
The hotel staff in the morning had an attitude against us. I did not like the valet parking or that we had to pay for parking. It said free parking when I booked the hotel and free breakfast. We had to pay for the breakfast. The room wasn't cleaned up, it had rocks and dirt on the floor. There was no A/C in the room, we had to get a fan to cool off in our room.
Other trip May 18, 2014
"great simple central hotel with friendly staff"
easy to find and get to and from as market street is pretty central in San Francisco. The staff were very helpful and the service was excellence. It is a quirky, sort of 50's style hotel with themed and elegant furniture. It doesnt have aircon but the fan was really fine.
Other trip May 16, 2014
D
"Place to stay"
Great pool.Great front desk experience.Great location.Clean.Nice.great room . Just the place to stay. Oh,also great rates...
Other trip May 14, 2014
world traveler
"Very Nice Hotel"
Building looks 50s but the internal decor is very nice. Good value hotel. A bit noisy at times. Sound travels through building due to concrete design. Would stay here again. Close to public transport.
1 night business trip May 6, 2014
Lee
"All you need to know is they have a heated pool"
They have a heated pool on the roof. What more do you need? It's a block from civic Bart so the location is a bit more shady but I stay in the City a lot and by far this hotel is amoung my favorites
1 night business trip Apr 28, 2014