All hotels in San Antonio, Texas, United States of America
110 Lexington Ave, San Antonio, TX, 78205, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Anniversary Trip to San Antonio"
We stayed in this hotel for our anniversary. Pros: great gym, one of the best I've seen in a hotel. Hotel was also clean and on the Riverwalk, just not the busy part. Hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating. It was also very reasonably priced, especially for a hotel on the Riverwalk. Cons: the room was pretty small. There was no complimentary parking or breakfast, nor was there a microwave in the room. Wifi was also spotty.
2 night romance trip May 6, 2015
Adam
"Stained"
There were stains on the bed sheets and on the carpet. Room didn't have a clean smell too it. Pool was very dirty. I don't mind paying top dollar for a hotel but in my experience in staing in El tropicano, I wasn't very pleased.
1 night business trip May 7, 2015
eduardo
"Yourthebestaround.Nothingsevergonnakeepyoudown"
This place is awesome! Great atmosphere, great staff, great location. Definitely going back when we get the chance.
1 night family trip Mar 18, 2015
Miguel
Stayed at the hotel just one night and the A/C unit didn't work at all. Called maintenance around 1130pm and when they arrived they spent 30 minutes trying to fix it. At about 1230am they asked if we wanted to change rooms when we had to be up at 6am. When it was checkout time we told the front desk about the issue and they only offered free coffee or free breakfast. Never staying here ever again. First impressions usually is what makes want to come back. In this case they never did anything to accommodate us. Poor service.
1 night romance trip Apr 11, 2015
"Vintage fabulous."
It was a great stay. I wasn't sure when we pulled up, but it ended up being fantastic. The pool was fun, bar had great service. It has a vintage vibe. It kind of reminded me of a fear and loathing in Las Vegas hotel – only so much better. Little but great walk to the action on the river.
1 night family trip Apr 26, 2015
"Durty QTIP"
found a dirty Q tip on top of the desk, there was no towels in my room and when i asked the staff in the front office to give me some towels they asked if i wanted to carry them or take them to my room. If they wanted to service the customer they should have offered to take them to my room not ask me what i wanted.
Other trip May 1, 2015
"Think before you book"
Went in for just a single night thinking it is near to the river-walk but it is not, please think before booking it. Rooms are not well maintained, the window curtains didn't close completely, when asked the maintenance guy he said they cant fix it in single day, the other set of curtains didn't moved at all. Also the coffee maker in the room didn't work in the morning. No space for self-parking.
1 night family trip Apr 25, 2015
"Fiesta"
Very nice hotel the staff treated me and m u wife like a king and queen. We think the hotel is a 5 star hotel comparable la mansion.
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
El tropicano
"mediocre"
Amenities were few.
2 night family trip Apr 21, 2015
Ismael
"Nice to be along the Riverwalk"
We stayed 6 nights at El Tropicano.The only problem was getting the housekeeping service to remember to clean our room on the last two days. We like our room and it was quiet. Everything functioned properly in the room and the bed was comfortable.
Other trip Apr 24, 2015
Contenta
"Decent but to pricey for the room"
Lobby was nice , vallet was nice , but a little too pricey for the room . Not located by the main sports bars / main attractions .
2 night trip Apr 17, 2015
"Pleasant and Relaxing Experience"
View several hotel packages on the Riverwalk (San Antonio, TX) and decided to select the El Tropicano. The reviews were mixed but out gut feeling was that it can't be all bad. Much to our surprise, the staff was very helpful and our room was ready by 1:00 p.m. and settled in. The room was spacious, clean, comfortable and had a microwave mini-fridge and sink in the kitchen area. We didn't dine, rather, snacked at the hotel, but the coffee shop and bar were very good. The service staff there, Tony, Laura and Debbie were outstanding. Very hospitable/friendly and provided wonderful service. Staff was ready to give needed information and tips on how to get around at an affordable cost. Hotel is on the Riverwalk and so accessibility to the water taxis was terrific and economical. The only con with the property is that they didn't provide room service, but that was OK since we got up a bit later that what we normally do. Will stay again on our return trip for Fiesta next year.
Other trip Apr 21, 2015
"fiestas"
Was good, room was far from exit.
1 night family trip Apr 18, 2015
frank
"Quality hotel close to everything."
Excellent experience. Room always clean and breakfast in lobby was good and quite afordable.
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
Convenient access to the river walk
3 night family trip Apr 1, 2015
Don
I wont be going back. For the price I could've gotten something a little more up-scale. There was still trash in our trash cans when we walked in to our room. The sheets didn't look real clean. And I couldn't believe there wasn't a microwave or refrigerator in the room.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
"Nice clean hotel"
The hotel was very nice but did look dated. The carpet and paint in the hallways looked about 30 years old and could use an update but the rooms itself was great. Very clean, cozy, and comfortable. Staff was very well mannered and curtious. Valet was very prompt, right when we checked out our car was available in maybe 2 mins. My only complaint was that you can bring pets and someone on the same floor as us had a cat that escaped and we heard non stop meowing near our door.
Other trip Apr 5, 2015
lonnie
"Alittle off the Beaten Path but Nice"
We enjoyed the pool and it was on the Riverwalk but a over a half mile into the downtown area. I don't mind walking but everyday to and from gets old. We did get the double decker bus that dropped us off directly in front of the Hotel but that only went until 5:30. It was an enjoyable walk but if you walked the ghost tour and had walked around all day, a Hotel right in the downtown area would have been better. All in all I would recommend it.
Other trip Apr 2, 2015
"San Antonio quick trip"
Nicely remodeled hotel with huge lobby. Room was extremely small but clean, my only issue was the weak breakfast buffet for 9.95 that was no different from the free continentsl breakfast at comparable hotels.
1 night business trip Mar 30, 2015
"Savings Costs"
The hotel is cheaper in downtown San Antonio, and so I was hoping to save money. However, saving money costs. There was no taxi service and taxis would not come. The restaurant was poor and the hostess was rude. There is nothing close by. The room was clean, and the hotel was otherwise fine.
1 night business trip Mar 20, 2015
Keith
"PARKING SPOT"
The only thing is parking they charge a lot for parking and when u go to get one everything is full cause other people not staying in the hotel take the parking is not fair.
5 night trip Mar 25, 2015
Ernesto
""Cant wait to come back!""
It was very comfortable...the atmosphere made it feel like paradise. The music playing at the pool and the sound of the birds made it very relaxing. Only thing is the pool isnt heated and no fridge/ microwave in the room. Staff was very friendly and accomidating. I cant wait to plan our nect trip here!
1 night family trip Mar 28, 2015
"Pretty good hotel"
Pool wasn't working so we moved after one night. We came to lay by the pool and it was being painted. People at front desk didn't tell us anything about it. They did have an agreement with hotel across the street to use their teeny tiny pool so they should have told us. They charge $18 for parking which is ridiculous. It is easy access to river walk which was convenient but it's still a good walk to the main area of restaurants. The bathroom is super small but the beds are very comfortable. Overall it is a good hotel for the price compared to those around river walk. We would have stayed if their pool had been open.
1 night romance trip Mar 25, 2015
"Ok location."
Staff was very un helpful and rude. Would not return not worth the money I spent.
"Nice hotel. Good location and great rate"
Check in was great. I was in town for my son's Air Force graduation. I was given a room over looking the river. Staff was extremely nice and was offered 1/2 price parking rate!! I was Also given a coupon for the tiki bar :) hotel is close to everything. I would definitly stay here again.
VICKI
the staff is not nice and the room is ok. Not a ideal place to stay.
"San Antonio for Excited Parents of BTC grad"
We had to change plans rather quickly to accommodate a change in our graduates plans. This hotel is far enough away from the River Walk craziness but yet right on the Walk. You can walk to any of the chain "fun" in 15 minutes via the River Walk yet get away from the crowds in the same amount of time. We plan on staying again in the future.
Other trip Mar 29, 2015
The
Great hotel located on the river walk and less than 5 min walk to town which is great. Breakfast in the morning was a great buffet with a lot of options (pancakes,hash browns, etc) and service was great when we needed more towels and blankets they were happy to help !
Other trip Mar 29, 2015
Jess
"Close to downtown."
Dated hotel.clogged shower drains. Small restroom , with toilet being very low.
Other trip Mar 28, 2015
"Relaxing Trip"
Blast from the past. Wish there had been a restaurant for dinner. Beautiful views of the city and river, would have loved having dinner outside.
2 night romance trip Mar 22, 2015
PERRY
"You get what you pay for, don't fall for the sale!"
At first, this hotel seems like a GREAT idea. It is close to the riverwalk and the pictures look really, really nice. The last-minute deal sale price also made it really attractive. This was, however, only nice part of this hotel. Upon arrival, the receptionist didn't even greet us, she was too busy cleaning. I mean, I know this isn't a 5 star hotel, but when guests arrive, you should at least greet them. When she was done cleaning, she then gave us the "what do you want" face. After an unfriendly check in, we were greeted by an undersupplied room that was also dirty. The linens were wrinkled, and the linens on the pillows had clearly not been replaced. When we walked into the bathroom, there were only a few towels but not nearly enough toiletries for two. Same goes for the coffee and creamer. Upon our first night's stay, we left for the town. When we returned, we were greeted by the same room we left behind. No replenishing of supplies, no cleaning. I mean, this is HOTEL! Even the super 8 will make your bed for you and give you more coffee pods... it is kind of what you pay for! This happened for the entirety of our stay. To add to the joy, the pool area was a mess as it was under construction, and no one told us about it! It even got to the point that the toilet paper was running low, I mean... what is this!? Overall, the place sure does have potential, and I see how they got their nice pictures... but the overall management (which is what this comes down to) is pitiful.
Other trip Mar 26, 2015
Maria
Was just a great staff. The overall experience was good. The only thing I could complain about was the view from my room sucked. All I saw out of the Windows from my room were metal vents
Other trip Mar 25, 2015
christina
"Great location!"
The hotel is pretty, in a great location and has a beautiful pool but our room was too warm. We had a hard time figuring out the air conditioner and then even on its lowest setting it was still too warm in our room. We could never get it to cool off. In the morning it was cooler outside than in our room. Other than that, it was a great hotel and a great stay. The girl who works at the coffee place "Espresso" was very nice and helpful.
Other trip Mar 24, 2015
Samantha
"Great staff. Terrible accommodations."
Friendly staff. Our room was right next to the elevators. The walls were thin and you just had to listen to the loud noise of the elevators going up and down. Made it difficult to sleep. Finally slowed down around 5am. The hotel bar staff is very unknowledgeable. The drinks were not very good which was disappointing especially for the price. Also the parking was awful. The vallet service is nice but is a pain when it's manditory. And the fact that I have to pay $40 to park was ridiculous. The staff was very respectful and professional but the process to get our car and get out of the lot was awful and timely. Great staff. Terrible accommodations.
2 night trip with friends Mar 20, 2015
"No major complaints"
Overall good stay. I didn't like that hotel parking was $18 a night, so $60 extra. The room was clean and the staff was friendly, but the bed wasn't the most comfortable. We got what we paid for. This hotel is on the riverwalk but it's about a 10 minute walk to the main part of the riverwalk, which was fine by me.
3 night business trip Mar 19, 2015
"Ambience"
Courtyard, pool, outdoor bar were great. A little far (not walking distance) from main Riverwalk entertainment. Very friendly service. Breakfast was ok. The live Toucan in the lobby was fantastic.
1 night family trip Mar 18, 2015
"A cool, retro hotel for families!"
My wife and two children stayed here. We really loved the place. It was like stepping back in time to the late 60s/early 70s. The place is very chill and unpretentious. The room was clean and adequate. The bathrooms are small, but it wasn't a big issue. The kids had a glorious time in the outdoor pool even though it wasn't heated (March). The frozen margaritas were delicious and are cheaper during happy hour. When we checked in and went to our room, we realized we didn't have a porch or chairs, which most rooms do, and they moved us to one that did. The hotel has immediate access to the Riverwalk, and is about a 15 minute walk to the main strip. It was nice to be a little outside the craziness of the restaurants and shops. We took a water taxi and had a fun ride. Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel for families.
2 night family trip Mar 19, 2015
Colin
"Great hotel downtown"
Stayed here for the weekend. We checked in very fast, hotel staff were very friendly and helped us with everything. Valet parking was very polite. Definitely recommend
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
"Could Have Been Better"
Didn't like that we were charged for parking. The first day there the maintenance man walked in on us to pick up a machine that was left in the room. Second night we were woke up at 1am by people arguing in the hall way. The house keeper did a great job cleaning our room.
2 night romance trip Mar 15, 2015
Lexia
"GREAT, CLOSE TO RIVERWALK A HISTORIC LANDMARK"
I LOVED THIS HOTEL, IS A HISTORIC,LANDMARK IN SAN ANTONIO, RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE RIVERWALK, USED TO BE LBJ'S WHITE HOUSE HEADQUARTER'S WHEN HE WAS IN TEXAS BACK IN THE 60'S. THE HOTEL WENT THRU A GREAT RENOVATION, GREAT MARGARITAS FOR $5.00 DURING "HAPPY HOUR"
Other trip Mar 22, 2015
CARMEN
My children and I stayed for one night as we were passing trough San Antonio. It was nice and the hotel staff were pleasant. The breakfast there was also delicious.
Other trip Mar 21, 2015
Eve
"Like Super 8 but not so clean"
Stayed in the place for four nights. My room was cleaned once. Hotel was built sometime in 60's or 70's and nothing was done in it since. It is run by a group of teenagers, or lookalikes, who have moderately good time browsing internet but are mostly groggy for which, considering the jobs they currently hold, no one can blame them. The first urge you have leaving this hotel is to contact the Terminix or the Orkin people and have yourself checked for bedbugs and other vermin. On check-in hall carpets looked like a livestock playground and, understandably, were left that way as I cannot imagine any minimum wage teenager desperate enough to clean them. Complaining about anything in this place struck me as grotesque as complaining in prison about bad living conditions. And so, I never did. With one exception though. On check-out I have asked why my room was only cleaned once during my four day stay. One of the juvenile agents endowed with a permanent smirk replied "Perhaps you have requested that it didn't." This might have been a good deed since if I took the juvenile seriously I would have contacted my doctor for a brain scan. There is one good thing I can say about the place. When you take shower the water temperature changes from warm/hot to icy cold every minute or so. If you need a good wake-up there is nothing better.
Other trip Mar 19, 2015
"Spring Break 2015"
The only thing I have to say is please be advise it is on the river walk but it is too far down from tourist area
1 night family trip Mar 15, 2015
"Great room with a great view."
The room was great. Very clean and with a great view of San Antonio. I loved it.
Other trip Mar 17, 2015
Irma
I liked the pool and the tiki bar, the rooms are old but well maintained, is in the Riverwalk but far from mall and restaurants.
Other trip Mar 17, 2015
Alejandro
"Nice hotel in downtown San Antonio"
hotel staff was very helpful. A very clean hotel off the river walk. One thing i did not like was that there was a charge for breakfast. It has a very relaxing pool outdoor on the second floor.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
Edward
"Pleasant stay"
The hotel was very nice. It was in a good location. It was easy to get to get around the area from there
3 night business trip Mar 11, 2015
"Dirty Hotel"
I have been staying in number of hotels for the last 15 years inside and outside the US and even the cheapest ones were more clean than this hotel. The room was basically DIRTY and I could see hairs and pieace of nails of other persons on the floor. I was there only for a night , I asked for a king bed instead I got a little queen bed for a the same price and instead they gave me breakfast voucher like I care !
1 night business trip Mar 12, 2015
The people outside to vallet were rude and cussing when we got there to unload everything out front. They definitely need to be more mindful of the impression this sets for the hotel itself.
Other trip Mar 15, 2015