All hotels in Portland, Oregon, United States of America
808 SW Taylor St, Portland, OR, 97205, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Great room
    Breakfast is average
  • Value
    Fairly good value for money
"Parking only downside to beautiful hotel"
Beautiful old style hotel well locsted in Portland. The bedding was some of the best I've ever slept in and our room was huge. A massive tub/jacuzzi and shower in the bathroom. The only downside is parking. The choices are $35 valet (per night) or parking in a city garage. While there is a garage next door, it costs $22 per night itself and has disallows you from getting your car from ~12:30a to ~7a.
1 night romance trip Oct 19, 2015
Danielle
Loved the hotel and staff was friendly. I was attending a conference at the Hilton Hotel, which was only a couple of minutes down the road.
2 night business trip Oct 13, 2015
Priscilla
"Great beds"
Easy and comfortable.
2 night romance trip Oct 14, 2015
william
"Pleasant stay"
The Paramount is in the heart of the city. It was smallish but also meant it was not busy with lots of people. Quiet, relaxed evening with dinner at Swank and then a bottle of wine in the room lead to a nice evening after a long day. The cleanliness issue was hair found in the shower - but that was minor and easy to overlook.
1 night business trip Oct 15, 2015
rosanna
"Great location and hotel"
Great hotel with very helpful staff. Both the hotel restaurant and bar were terric. Great location!
3 night business trip Oct 13, 2015
Kathleen
"Perfect place for the girls night get-a-way"
My best friend from the age of 12 (we're now in our mid 30's) are separated by disatance. I live outside of Portland and my friend lives in Tacoma, WA. We made a pact to each other this year that every 6 months she'd come to Portland and the next 6 months I'd go to Tacoma. Our first time at this and she came down here and we chose the Paramount. Pulling in and having the doors opened for us and having no hassle with the valet parking was great. The hotel was clean, quiet and our style. Our best recommendation is Ed. I've never used a conscierge before and Ed was beyond amazing. After an afternoon of walking around downtown and shopping, we decided we wanted manicures. I called down to Ed who told me he'd call me right back. 2 minutes later he called and had manicure reservations at a great spa a couple of blocks away, and even pushed back our reservations at Swank so our manicures weren't rushed. When we came back downstairs from our room for dinner, he asked us how our manicures went, and introduced us to Swanks manager. We were well taken care of. After dinner, Ed mentioned he wouldn't be on when we checked out the next day, and gave us his "care package" complete with tea and bath salts. He was also patient enough to take a selfie with us and then insist on taking our picture in front of the pears. The next morning, we ordered room service for the first time. The food was amazing, and eating it in the most comfortable bed and watched reality tv. It was beyond amazing.
Other trip Oct 18, 2015
Megan
"Great place to stay in Portland."
This is a lovely, luxurious hotel. I was a little sad I could only stay one night. The staff are friendly and helpful. The rooms are spotless. The location is great for walking around downtown Portland. It has several great restaurants on the same block, and inside the hotel. The bedding was really comfortable. The only drawback is the extra charge for parking, which isn't cheap. I would definitely stay there again.
1 night trip Oct 12, 2015
Eufemia
"Paramount hotel - a nice choice"
Had a wonderful stay at the Paramount Hotel. Perfect location for those interested in visiting the art museum or doing some shopping at Nordstrom's! I rated the hotel service down slightly because of the 'less than friendly' greeting by the valet parking attendant. For an overnight valet parking fee of $30+ one would expect a friendlier greeting. Otherwise, hotel room and other aspects of customer service were top-rate. Would definitely stay there again.
1 night romance trip Oct 9, 2015
The heat pump in the room kicked on and off all night waking us up. We couldn't have slept without it as it was too warm.
1 night romance trip Oct 8, 2015
"Anniversary weekend"
We celebrated our anniversary in Portland and our stay at the Paramount was perfect. We were upgraded to the 14th floor with a great view. We had a jacuzzi tub and a bottle of champagne and chocolates were waiting for us when we arrived. It was great!
1 night romance trip Oct 10, 2015
"Pull the rug out from under your guests"
We ordered a rollaway in a 2 queen bed room weeks ahead of our stay because of our need for one guest to sleep alone. On our way to the hotel, the morning of our check in we were told a rollaway was not possible because of fire codes. What were we supposed to do about this last minute change? The hotel offered no remedy so one guest slept on the floor! Deplorable service for a 4 star hotel since it was their oversight that created the problem. We would not have stayed there in the first place had we known
3 night family trip Oct 2, 2015
"Staycation"
A great place to stay if you are getting out for some alone time. Really enjoyed the Whiskey Bar. The Bartender was very friendly and social.
1 night trip Oct 2, 2015
robin
"Impressive!"
This is a beautiful hotel in a great location! The staff was consistently friendly and helpful. They have the most comfortable beds I've ever stayed in and you are within walking distance of lots of great restaurants, bars and shops. I will definitely stay here again.
1 night trip with friends Oct 2, 2015
"Portland visit."
My stay at the Paramount Hotel was most relaxing and comfortable. The city of Portland, OR is a delight to roam in. I'd go back in a heartbeat.
3 night business trip Sep 23, 2015
ASCELINE
"Great location on the center of Portland."
Great location for cultural destinations, Powell's books, public transit. Reception reasonable, but not overtly helpful. Ask for a map. The room seemed ok but we found ants gathered by the waste can. Front desk person seemed surprised that such a condition could occur! I would stay there again because it is overall ok and the location is wonderful. I would say it is 3.5 stars, not quite a 4.
Other trip Sep 30, 2015
"Excellent service"
Outstanding service. The front desk was very good, and the concierges were outstanding, particularly Ed and James. A well located hotel that provided all of the amenities of the more expensive ones.
3 night family trip Sep 24, 2015
"Nice stay at the Paramount hotel"
The hotel is conveniently located to restaurants, shopping, and public transportation. The rooms were clean and comfortable, and the service was excellent!
2 night business trip Sep 23, 2015
Jeanette
Never been to Portland and was happy with this location. Walking distance to The Nines hotel for rooftop cocktails. My only complaint would be the bellman helped us find a restaurant and felt like he was just name dropping to sound important. Fishhouse food was just ok in the bar.
1 night romance trip Sep 18, 2015
Cathy
"Stopover in Portland"
Road trip from San Francisco to Seattle - had to stop a night in the infamous Portland, Oregon. The Paramount was right downtown and provided great comfort. I'm a big bed guy, this hotel could use some work on that front. Room was good, nothing spectacular. Swine in lobby was very cool, as I am a big whiskey fan. Definitely worth a trip, decent price for what you get.
1 night romance trip Sep 21, 2015
Joshua
"Portland"
Nice hotel, but a couple of negatives. We stayed on the top floor, which was nice for the view, but we NEVER were able to get warm water for a shower. When paying for a nice hotel, you would hope to not have to rush through cold showers every day. The staff tried to help but basically told me there was nothing that they could do.
4 night romance trip Sep 13, 2015
Erik
"Very Central!"
Loved staying here! It was very central to everything and I could walk all over downtown and get everywhere in 5-10 minutes! The staff was very curious and helpful and my room was very clean. I had a great view from the 14th floor!
3 night family trip Sep 13, 2015
Nikki
"Great to return to Portland!"
Great neighborhood, lively though still able to find parking easily. Downtown Portland very walkable. Everything about reservation correct, though i changed mind about bed choice after check-in. 5 min later they called with the change made. Restaurant and whiskey bar both pleasant surprises.
5 night family trip Aug 5, 2015
"Great Hotel!"
Great location -- walking distance from many of the attractions we wanted to see. We didn't use the hotel services much, but when we did interact with staff they were very professional and helpful. The room was spacious and well kept. We will certainly stay at The Paramount again if the opportunity presents itself.
3 night romance trip Aug 26, 2015
"Great hotel at good price"
Great hotel in a great location. Very comfortable.
1 night romance trip Sep 6, 2015
"Portland downtown"
Excellent staff. Arrived at noon expecting the hotel to store our bags since check in is at 4. Room was ready to go at 12:30. Valet couldn't handle my truck so they directed me to a garage next door - $15 cheaper than the hotel parking. Hotel is well within walking distance of food carts, shopping and waterfront.
1 night romance trip Sep 9, 2015
"Weekend Away"
Nice hotel, great location. Nothing over the top.
1 night romance trip Sep 6, 2015
"Nice hotel, service nonexistent"
Housekeeping skipped us after our first of two nights. We left around 10:00 a.m., but we returned to an untouched room around 3:00 p.m. Around 4:30, we found a tab on our door stating that, if we wanted housekeeping services, we should call the front desk before 3:00 p.m. Service in the attached restaurant, Swank, was horrible. Our server walked past us for ten minutes before she brought menus and water. She took my wife's order, but I had to call her back to give her mine, annoyed that I did. She never refilled our coffee, so I grabbed the thermal pitcher off the bar and served myself, as did several other patrons. While dinner service was slightly better, the food was disgusting. The brioche under the foie gras was scorched to charcoal, and my ribeye, ordered charred medium rare, came medium well, with some slimy clear liquid on it, the meat gray as though it was boiled. I would have sent it back, but our server was heavily distracted by a table of eight. The next morning, we seated ourselves, no one came in five minutes, so, knowing the drill, I took the pot of coffee to our table. I had to served myself water and coffee refills again. I expressed all this when we checked out. The front desk clerk apologized, and said the restaurant was only open six months. I suggested the hotel re-assess that business arrangement.
2 night romance trip Sep 4, 2015
Patrick
"Happy"
Lovely hotel! Friendly & great location!
2 night family trip Sep 7, 2015
Molly
A very nice place. Attached restaurant and bar are a little pricey but worth it. The only complaint we have is the horrible shower head. Poor design for the 14th floor.
3 night romance trip Sep 5, 2015
Gregory
Great. My room had jet bath. It was great deal for the price.
Other trip Sep 9, 2015
"Excellent location. Condescending front desk."
This is a beautifully kept, clean hotel. The location is great for walking all around downtown Portland. It really was good in all ways except this one clerk that just talked to us like we were idiots whenever we had requests (1) or questions (1). That doesn't seem like a big deal, but it is. She wasn't even fake pleasant, just nasty. To be fair, the checkout clerk was very nice and the head of housekeeping, John, was kind and helpful when we left something behind. We wouldn't go back. People can be nasty for free all the time, I don't need to pay someone to behave that way.
K
"Comfortable getaway, once you get in..."
Folk with ADA concerns need to call ahead: the hotel will NOT park ADA vans, and do not have arrangements for patrons with such vehicles. Had to go and find a garage on our own, a bit far away. Room was well kept, but there was an electrical problem that kept the TV and the outlets on one wall from working. The desk said they were working on it. When I asked if someone could bring me a cup of hot water for my tea, they offered, "just crawl behind the cabinet and unplug the coffee maker and take it into the bathroom to make your hot water". Meh... Fortunately, the city was charming, I was in wonderful company, and Ed, the concierge, was great.
"Good Find"
Great spot, good restaurants in the hotel, and nice location in downtown Portland.
1 night business trip Sep 2, 2015
Joan
"Nice Portland get-away"
The room was very comfortable and I got a great nights' sleep here. Restaurant and bar were both very nice, food was good - great happy hour at the bar! Would definitely stay here again.
1 night romance trip Aug 27, 2015
Adrienne
for the price I expected the rooms to be better
1 night family trip Jul 25, 2015
Hongli
"Great location for a downtown experience"
Nice time with the kids and family doing school shopping
Other trip Aug 25, 2015
mark
"Great place"
Couldn't be nicer or more convenient
2 night business trip Aug 16, 2015
"Excellent stay in Portland"
Very nice hotel with very friendly and helpful staff. Extremely convenient neighborhood, close to MAX and bike access
2 night business trip Aug 19, 2015
Martin
"New favorite place to stay and dine in Portland"
Excellent find. Close to good coffee, restaurants (Swank and Swine were the best - food, service and staff) and shopping.
1 night business trip Aug 16, 2015
Carpets a little dirty and the bed was old and way to soft. Shower had week power.
1 night family trip Aug 16, 2015
"Paramount is paramount"
Great weekend get away. Hotel was in a good location close to many attractions.
2 night romance trip Aug 14, 2015
"Loved the location"
Great hotel at a great location.
2 night romance trip Aug 1, 2015
Melania
"Would not stay there again."
The room interior was average, certainly not up to the room rate. In the lobby never saw the concierge, went behind the concierge stand to retrieve a map. The one good thing I can say is the young man who brought us our car upon checkout was very courteous and helpful and we thank him for his directions.
1 night romance trip Aug 11, 2015
Jane
Great room with an awesome balcony.
2 night romance trip Aug 9, 2015
"Great hotel, terrific location"
The hotel is well-situated in the Cultural District, and easy walking distance to many things. Our room was spacious and beautifully appointed. The concierge, Ed, was a wealth of suggestions about what to do and see given our limited time in the city. Swank, the restaurant in the hotel, is expensive for dinner but completely worth it -- the food is fabulous! We would definitely go back to this hotel.
Other trip Aug 13, 2015
Traveler
"Excellent hotel, ridiculous parking"
$209 is not bad for this hotel, smack in downtown, very nice, excellent lobby. But like all hotels, this one gouges on parking -- $35 extra a night for valet. I drove 2 blocks away and parked overnight for $6. They also have about 40 bucks in gratuitous extra charges--tourist tax, hotel tax, etc. In the end, the actual cost is about 40% more of the $209. And that is irritating.
1 night trip Aug 9, 2015
Stephen
"Great location, rooms and dining."
Overall a great stay. - Comfortable beds and room overall. - However, very poor shower pressure. Took us a long time to take showers. - No mirror anywhere but the bathroom in our room - would be useful to have one elsewhere so that 2 people can get ready more easily - but this is minor. - Excellent location. Can walk anywhere. - Great restaurant and bar in the hotel. Bar has very good happy hour.
6 night romance trip Aug 1, 2015
Natasha
"Great Central location for Portland travelers"
Fantastic central location in downtown for families wanting to sightsee and explore Portland.
8 night family trip Jul 29, 2015
Dyanne
"Downtown Weekend"
the hotel is located in a trendy corner of the city. It has two great bars/restaurants.
Other trip Aug 10, 2015
mike
"Recent Stay 8/7-8/9"
Perfect location right downtown near shopping,light rail line,waterfront.Was disappointed with the room;dark and lacking furniture. Returned to front desk for a different room was informed hotel was sold out without even checking her room statuses or her front desk manager. When I made a reservation,I specifically requested a higher room away from elevators was given a room 2nd floor around corner from elevators. The bathroom shower would get the floors very wet not proper drainage,no fans?
Other trip Aug 10, 2015