All hotels in Scottsdale, Arizona, United States of America

• Value for money
  • Bar and Beverages
    Bar is awesome
    Great amenities
"Stay on the way to airport"
All was good. Nice retro style hotel. Room was clean and staff friendly. Only concern was that the room heat was only coming out of one vent and there were two other vents but no heat. Phoenix does get cold in the winter it was 40s when we were there. Despite the heat being cranked full on the room never heated.
1 night romance trip Nov 18, 2015
Antranik
Great place, lots of character!
1 night romance trip Nov 16, 2015
Penny
"Fair, OK value."
A nice motel. Room could have been cleaner. Turned on ceiling fan and dust went everywhere. Continental breakfast was good. Fine for value. An older motel that has been kept in fairly good condition. Right next to Papago mall.
1 night family trip Nov 14, 2015
"Comfortable surprise in Scottsdale"
Our room was large, clean, and comfortable. This is all we could ask for for an overnight stay. The front desk clerk also made a great recommendation for dinner when we asked for a Mexican restaurant. Breakfast was adequate enough to start our day. We highly recommend staying at Magnuson Inn when in the Scottsdale area.
1 night romance trip Nov 11, 2015
Bernie
"Simple"
The hotel met our needs given its proximity to ironman az. Think motel 6 with a different flair to it. If your needs are simple, this is a fine place to stay. For you want to wow your wife, this isn't the place.
2 night romance trip Nov 14, 2015
Matthew
"Cheap hotel with free parking"
This is a good cheap hotel. There is free parking and its close to the airport. It's out of the way for any tourist activities. The staff are very helpful...going out of their way to help, but the hotel is pretty run down.
2 night romance trip Nov 14, 2015
"Nice work staff"
I did not like smoking trays outside all the rooms. Ok if it was a section but it was for all 1st floor
2 night family trip Nov 13, 2015
Sheila
"A pleasant surprise!"
A great bargain for nightly rate? Easy drive to local attractions in Old Scottsdale and Talking Stick resort/casino. Best deal in area!
1 night family trip Nov 10, 2015
Fred
"A very nice place to stay"
An older hotel that had been expertly remodeled on several occasions, but all the work was very well done. A very nice place to stay.
1 night romance trip Sep 26, 2015
Milton
"Relaxing Stay"
Clean,tidy and professional in every way!
3 night trip with friends Nov 5, 2015
joe
"Magnuson Hotel - Scottsdale"
The experience with the bartender Bruce was great he was respectful and put up a great conversation keeping you engaged and entertained. Overall the hotel was very nice, clean and staff at the reception desk were awesome. Definitely suggest a stay at this hotel if you are in the Scottsdale area, and it's just minutes away from Phoenix Sky Harbor and Old Town Scottsdale!
2 night trip with friends Nov 5, 2015
Neha
The staff was very friendly the room was small but very clean and comfortable
1 night trip with friends Nov 5, 2015
"Clean, pleasant, affordable....."
We had a wonderful two night stay at the Magnuson Papago Inn. The staff couldn't have been more friendly, and the hotel, while a little old school design-wise, was very well maintained. We also got a really great rate, which made it even more appealing. Would stay here again without hesitation.
2 night romance trip Oct 30, 2015
"A blast from the Past"
I stayed a week and it was very relaxing. I so appreciated the "throw back" style of the place to make you feel you were staying in the past. All furnishings were very well maintained and not run down, but it felt like you were in a clasic 1960's hotel that was just opened.
6 night business trip Oct 19, 2015
Philip
"refurbished motel for sure"
To be fair the description does reference an old motel/hotel that was remodeled or renovated. It certainly was. Parking was tricky in that - hard to find. The rooms still had that musty-old cigarette smell despite the renovation. You can hear your neighbors and everyone in the pool/courtyard area due to thin walls/windows. I think all the rooms opened to that area as well. Front desk was very nice and helpful. I didn't make it to the breakfast or the cocktail lounge on site so i can't comment on that. The bathroom was small but they offered a mini fridge so that was nice. A way to keep drinks cold are essential for visiting Phoenix/the Valley. Housekeeping came by "early" in the AM (approx 9a) but since there wasn't a door handle placard to hang stating "let me sleep in or something to that affect" they knocked loudly and then opened the door. Apparently i didn't shout loud enough to stop them in time. On that note, it is not a place for quiet and relaxation. You can hear your neighbors, ppl walking around (we were on the 2nd level), etc. Location was okay, about 7-10mins south of downtown Scottsdale (you could take the first left onto Scottsdale/Rural rd) and you could take McDowell for about 4-6 stoplights before hitting the 101.
Other trip Oct 28, 2015
shlee
"Nice Homey Hotel Stay"
Though the hotel was built in 1965, it was very homey, quite, and nice. All staff were very friendly and the king size bed was firm. The breakfast room was setup like a restaurant with cloth table linens beneath panes of glass on tables. Drinking mugs were ceramic vice the usual styrofoam cups and there were glasses for juices. Food choices were to-be-made waffles, bagels, toast, pasties, hot oatmeal & hard boiled eggs. Would stay again on another trip.
3 night family trip Oct 19, 2015
Donald
We loved our stay. Great room, perfect bed and lovely yard with pool and trees. Plus great breakfast's.
3 night business trip Oct 15, 2015
"Super place at a super price!"
Awesome, secure, great pool, awesome breakfast, great staff....Stay here for a great deal!!!
1 night family trip Oct 13, 2015
Roger J
"Free breakfast and great location"
Great location, close to a few parks and old town. Good for visitors to go to nearby places. Just the bedding sheets are sort of rough which make me a little bit uncomfortable. Free breakfast is nice!
2 night romance trip Oct 15, 2015
Yuzi
"Great place"
The rooms were clean and comfortable. We even went to a different hotel as part of our trip and came back and they gave us the same roomI like that
Other trip Oct 17, 2015
"Great for the price."
The hotel certainly looked better in pictures than in person. Especially the pool. The hotel was old but exceptionally clean. It was in an okay neighborhood and not within walking distance of Old Town or the mall but it was less than 10 minute drive to get there. There was enough parking but the lot was very small so if you drive a large very large vehicle maneuvering around might be tricky. All that said, the hotel was great for the $102 I paid for a room with 2 (really comfortable) queen sized beds. Cleanliness is the number 1 thing for me and this place was very clean. I'd stay here again.
1 night family trip Oct 11, 2015
Cathy
"Fantastic Old Style Hotel"
The hotel was an older style hotel, but was very well kept and was very modern. I would highly recommend this location!!!
2 night family trip Oct 10, 2015
"Over the top friendly and fun"
Front desk staff fun and welcoming, ASU gear on! Lane (sorry if wrong name, notes are at home)@ front desk worked on my laptop for over 30 minutes and got it connected to internet. Business center very useful. Can't say enough about the wonderful service, and at breakfast, too. Well stocked, hot food, great coffee. Had another local hotel that I liked but this one is more comfy, and less "corporate". Great job, Magnuson Papago!
3 night trip with friends Sep 26, 2015
Judy
"a pleasant surprise"
this hotel was a pleasant surprise very convenient to sky harbor airport the staff was friendly and the room was spacious and clean the free breakfast was one oft the best of any hotel we stayed at we wished we could have spent more time relaxing at the pool we highly recommend this hotel
1 night romance trip Sep 30, 2015
edward
"Great hotel for price"
Very nice hotel for its age
2 night family trip Sep 29, 2015
achie
did not fill safe for my work truck
1 night business trip Sep 28, 2015
ricardo
"Love the birds"
It rained so we didn't get to enjoy the pool but everything else was nice.
1 night family trip Aug 7, 2015
Sherrie
"terrible"
the smoke detector kept beeping so we went and told the office so they gave us a battery. said to change the battery. it kept beeping and it was super late and we had a baby. so we disconnected the smoke alarm from the wall. and put the wire connectors back on the wires and took the smoke detector up to the front where it was still beeping. then was told we were gonna be charged for damaging the property ... just for taking it down . who does this??!!
1 night trip Aug 27, 2015
shannon
"Just not for me"
'The first room we went to smelled of cigarette smoke and we had to go to another room. The property needs to be updated.
4 night trip with friends Sep 21, 2015
Dwayne
Quaint. Loved the place.
1 night family trip Sep 19, 2015
steve
"Really Enjoyed it"
Small hotel on a great location, very friendly service. Great for a short stay!
1 night trip with friends Sep 26, 2015
"Rooms need help"
The hotel reminded me of a apartment complex. The blankets and sheets need to be replaced and the bathroom is very small. For food we just ended up going to a restaurant. Staff was very kind though.
2 night romance trip Sep 25, 2015
Susie
"Way Beyond Our Expectations!"
We picked this particular hotel to save money since we were only in town a few days for a business trip. When we arrived we were surprised that such an affordable hotel would have such beautiful scenery in the courtyard. A lemon tree, dozens of parakeets, and a double swing that my spouse and I were able to enjoy every morning. When you add in the restaurant and bar this made for an exceptional place to stay! We normally don't stop in this area much but rather pass through on our way to other destinations but we have not decided to stop for the night when we get the opportunity. This hotel is a hidden gem that I will recommend to all of my friends & family.
Other trip Sep 28, 2015
Jay
"Good Times"
Comfortable and in a good neighborhood.
1 night trip Sep 25, 2015
"Oldie but goody"
Great hotel. A little dated but good.
1 night romance trip Sep 23, 2015
Somsak
Access to everything we were looking for. Quiet, comfotable,and,secure.
2 night trip with friends Sep 21, 2015
Catherine
"An Oasis in the Desert."
I came to Phoenix for my anniversary with my girlfriend. Finding a decently priced and clean hotel for us to stay was hard but the Magnuson came up on my search results decently priced since I purchased a flight beforehand. I decided to take a shot and give this hotel a try. At first I had my doubts, but I would be soon be proven wrong. One of my favorite things about this hotel is how close it is to the airport, and after dealing with the hustle and bustle of traveling it is nice to have a hotel nearby. Eating out is easy too. There are a few restaurants just east of the hotel in the Papago Shopping Center. If you need food and aren't in the mood for driving somewhere...take a walk next door. Security at my hotel is also very important to me. I can tell you that the entire time I was at the hotel I felt safe. All the rooms face in towards a central courtyard complete with a beautiful pool, a giant bird cage, and a life size chess board. All doors leading into this courtyard require a key card in order to get in. I never once had to worry about someone who shouldn't be there wandering around the place. Entering the room I was greeted to a flat screen TV, fridge, coffeemaker, ironing board, and something I've never seen in a hotel room....a ceiling fan. The room is simple, but with a comfy bed, clean carpet, quiet AC, and a spotless bathroom, there isn't much else I need. I wouldn't mind staying here again. Breakfast was simple but good and the staff was wonderful.
Other trip Sep 24, 2015
Cody
"1970's glamor in the middle of suburbia"
Coming here was like living on a cruise boat circa 1970. The decor was totally of that period - the orange paint, rock wall siding, the bird cage, the human-sized chess board, the two-person swing. Regardless, it's a comfortable air-conditioned stay in the inhuman 100F heat of Arizona. Breakfast is fairly typical continental - the only highlight is the single waffle maker that is always in use.
1 night romance trip Sep 18, 2015
Gerald
great place to stay very clean and comfortable
1 night family trip Sep 19, 2015
timothy
It was great better than 3 palms
2 night trip Sep 18, 2015
wanda
"Papago Inn"
I have been staying here for 9 years and it has always been very pleasant. Rooms are clean, spacious and very centrally located for my business trips. Great customer service!
2 night business trip Sep 16, 2015
Sandra
It was a nice place to stay
2 night business trip Sep 11, 2015
Stacy
Good stay . Big pool and great breakfast. Old Scottsdale 10 minutes away. I would stay again..
1 night business trip Sep 11, 2015
"Value delivered !!!"
This is a good deal cost wise. The staff was very professional, helpful and responsive. The room was clean, comfortable bed and pillows. The only negative; the shower drain was clogged and drained very very slow. We did mention during check and felt they truly cared and would fix same day as they thanked us for letting them know. Will stay again if in area and do recommend for those looking to save $$$$
1 night romance trip Sep 12, 2015
Nathaniel
"Nice Tucson get-away"
We came up for a one night stay to attend a memorial service for a dear friend. We've stayed here before and love the retro-60's look of this property. The king bed is extremely comfortable. Decent continental breakfast from 7-10am.
1 night romance trip Sep 12, 2015
Jack
Very clean hotel
2 night business trip Sep 11, 2015
Bobby
Older hotel but we'll maintained. Staff was excellent & very helpful
2 night family trip Sep 7, 2015
Marilyn
Great hotel and great service" I was impressed.
1 night family trip Sep 4, 2015
michael
Very comfortable! Close to everything. Easy access. No microwave or kitchenette as described online or when I called the hotel 2 days before my flight as asked about the deluxe double room that I booked and paid for ahead. Staff was friendly and courteous. Still on the phone the person told me it was a full kitchenette with everything to use.
3 night trip Aug 25, 2015
Ana M
"Nice birdcage!"
The hotel advertises that they have a restaurant on site and the front desk clerk mentioned the "restaurant" was open from 7:30am to 10:30am. In reality, it is a continental breakfast with poor service. I don't mind a continental breakfast if I am made aware of that in the beginning. It was very disappointing to find out there was no table service, no bacon and eggs.
1 night family trip Aug 28, 2015