All hotels in Scottsdale, Arizona, United States of America
7017 E Mcdowell Rd, Scottsdale, AZ, 85257, United States of America, ‏‎855-241-5599

Great pool
  • Value
    Great amenities
    Decent vibe
"Great place"
The rooms were clean and comfortable. We even went to a different hotel as part of our trip and came back and they gave us the same roomI like that
Other trip Oct 17, 2015
"Great for the price."
The hotel certainly looked better in pictures than in person. Especially the pool. The hotel was old but exceptionally clean. It was in an okay neighborhood and not within walking distance of Old Town or the mall but it was less than 10 minute drive to get there. There was enough parking but the lot was very small so if you drive a large very large vehicle maneuvering around might be tricky. All that said, the hotel was great for the $102 I paid for a room with 2 (really comfortable) queen sized beds. Cleanliness is the number 1 thing for me and this place was very clean. I'd stay here again.
1 night family trip Oct 11, 2015
Cathy
"Fantastic Old Style Hotel"
The hotel was an older style hotel, but was very well kept and was very modern. I would highly recommend this location!!!
2 night family trip Oct 10, 2015
"Over the top friendly and fun"
Front desk staff fun and welcoming, ASU gear on! Lane (sorry if wrong name, notes are at home)@ front desk worked on my laptop for over 30 minutes and got it connected to internet. Business center very useful. Can't say enough about the wonderful service, and at breakfast, too. Well stocked, hot food, great coffee. Had another local hotel that I liked but this one is more comfy, and less "corporate". Great job, Magnuson Papago!
3 night trip with friends Sep 26, 2015
Judy
"a pleasant surprise"
this hotel was a pleasant surprise very convenient to sky harbor airport the staff was friendly and the room was spacious and clean the free breakfast was one oft the best of any hotel we stayed at we wished we could have spent more time relaxing at the pool we highly recommend this hotel
1 night romance trip Sep 30, 2015
edward
"Great hotel for price"
Very nice hotel for its age
2 night family trip Sep 29, 2015
achie
did not fill safe for my work truck
1 night business trip Sep 28, 2015
ricardo
"Love the birds"
It rained so we didn't get to enjoy the pool but everything else was nice.
1 night family trip Aug 7, 2015
Sherrie
"terrible"
the smoke detector kept beeping so we went and told the office so they gave us a battery. said to change the battery. it kept beeping and it was super late and we had a baby. so we disconnected the smoke alarm from the wall. and put the wire connectors back on the wires and took the smoke detector up to the front where it was still beeping. then was told we were gonna be charged for damaging the property ... just for taking it down . who does this??!!
1 night trip Aug 27, 2015
shannon
"Just not for me"
'The first room we went to smelled of cigarette smoke and we had to go to another room. The property needs to be updated.
4 night trip with friends Sep 21, 2015
Dwayne
Quaint. Loved the place.
1 night family trip Sep 19, 2015
steve
"Really Enjoyed it"
Small hotel on a great location, very friendly service. Great for a short stay!
1 night trip with friends Sep 26, 2015
"Rooms need help"
The hotel reminded me of a apartment complex. The blankets and sheets need to be replaced and the bathroom is very small. For food we just ended up going to a restaurant. Staff was very kind though.
2 night romance trip Sep 25, 2015
Susie
"Way Beyond Our Expectations!"
We picked this particular hotel to save money since we were only in town a few days for a business trip. When we arrived we were surprised that such an affordable hotel would have such beautiful scenery in the courtyard. A lemon tree, dozens of parakeets, and a double swing that my spouse and I were able to enjoy every morning. When you add in the restaurant and bar this made for an exceptional place to stay! We normally don't stop in this area much but rather pass through on our way to other destinations but we have not decided to stop for the night when we get the opportunity. This hotel is a hidden gem that I will recommend to all of my friends & family.
Other trip Sep 28, 2015
Jay
"Good Times"
Comfortable and in a good neighborhood.
1 night trip Sep 25, 2015
"Oldie but goody"
Great hotel. A little dated but good.
1 night romance trip Sep 23, 2015
Somsak
Access to everything we were looking for. Quiet, comfotable,and,secure.
2 night trip with friends Sep 21, 2015
Catherine
"An Oasis in the Desert."
I came to Phoenix for my anniversary with my girlfriend. Finding a decently priced and clean hotel for us to stay was hard but the Magnuson came up on my search results decently priced since I purchased a flight beforehand. I decided to take a shot and give this hotel a try. At first I had my doubts, but I would be soon be proven wrong. One of my favorite things about this hotel is how close it is to the airport, and after dealing with the hustle and bustle of traveling it is nice to have a hotel nearby. Eating out is easy too. There are a few restaurants just east of the hotel in the Papago Shopping Center. If you need food and aren't in the mood for driving somewhere...take a walk next door. Security at my hotel is also very important to me. I can tell you that the entire time I was at the hotel I felt safe. All the rooms face in towards a central courtyard complete with a beautiful pool, a giant bird cage, and a life size chess board. All doors leading into this courtyard require a key card in order to get in. I never once had to worry about someone who shouldn't be there wandering around the place. Entering the room I was greeted to a flat screen TV, fridge, coffeemaker, ironing board, and something I've never seen in a hotel room....a ceiling fan. The room is simple, but with a comfy bed, clean carpet, quiet AC, and a spotless bathroom, there isn't much else I need. I wouldn't mind staying here again. Breakfast was simple but good and the staff was wonderful.
Other trip Sep 24, 2015
Cody
"1970's glamor in the middle of suburbia"
Coming here was like living on a cruise boat circa 1970. The decor was totally of that period - the orange paint, rock wall siding, the bird cage, the human-sized chess board, the two-person swing. Regardless, it's a comfortable air-conditioned stay in the inhuman 100F heat of Arizona. Breakfast is fairly typical continental - the only highlight is the single waffle maker that is always in use.
1 night romance trip Sep 18, 2015
Gerald
great place to stay very clean and comfortable
1 night family trip Sep 19, 2015
timothy
It was great better than 3 palms
2 night trip Sep 18, 2015
wanda
"Papago Inn"
I have been staying here for 9 years and it has always been very pleasant. Rooms are clean, spacious and very centrally located for my business trips. Great customer service!
2 night business trip Sep 16, 2015
Sandra
It was a nice place to stay
2 night business trip Sep 11, 2015
Stacy
Good stay . Big pool and great breakfast. Old Scottsdale 10 minutes away. I would stay again..
1 night business trip Sep 11, 2015
"Value delivered !!!"
This is a good deal cost wise. The staff was very professional, helpful and responsive. The room was clean, comfortable bed and pillows. The only negative; the shower drain was clogged and drained very very slow. We did mention during check and felt they truly cared and would fix same day as they thanked us for letting them know. Will stay again if in area and do recommend for those looking to save $$$$
1 night romance trip Sep 12, 2015
Nathaniel
"Nice Tucson get-away"
We came up for a one night stay to attend a memorial service for a dear friend. We've stayed here before and love the retro-60's look of this property. The king bed is extremely comfortable. Decent continental breakfast from 7-10am.
1 night romance trip Sep 12, 2015
Jack
Very clean hotel
2 night business trip Sep 11, 2015
Bobby
Older hotel but we'll maintained. Staff was excellent & very helpful
2 night family trip Sep 7, 2015
Marilyn
Great hotel and great service" I was impressed.
1 night family trip Sep 4, 2015
michael
Very comfortable! Close to everything. Easy access. No microwave or kitchenette as described online or when I called the hotel 2 days before my flight as asked about the deluxe double room that I booked and paid for ahead. Staff was friendly and courteous. Still on the phone the person told me it was a full kitchenette with everything to use.
3 night trip Aug 25, 2015
Ana M
"Nice birdcage!"
The hotel advertises that they have a restaurant on site and the front desk clerk mentioned the "restaurant" was open from 7:30am to 10:30am. In reality, it is a continental breakfast with poor service. I don't mind a continental breakfast if I am made aware of that in the beginning. It was very disappointing to find out there was no table service, no bacon and eggs.
1 night family trip Aug 28, 2015
Joleen
We liked it, nice quiet hotel , just few people around pool was very nice .
Other trip Sep 3, 2015
Max
"They need to upgrade their services"
Their are not any microwaves in rooms very inconvenient to keep going to front desk the refrigerators are old and rusty also the bathroom are not clean the housekeeper put dirty blankets back on bed I had to tell her not too the rooms are way over priced for the service at breakfast one of the workers stands there and watches you eat it's very uncomfortable
4 night trip Aug 19, 2015
Tamika
"convenient location"
The location wasn't too far from the freeways (202, 10) and the main street, N Scottsdale. This was ideal as I attended a couple of sporting events.
Other trip Aug 31, 2015
Harry
not much privacy, probably good for a family reunion.
4 night business trip Aug 21, 2015
Niema
"Dated, but clean, friendly and a good bargain."
This was a top of the line hotel in its day. Most of it hasn't changed but well kept.
1 night romance trip Aug 26, 2015
kevin
Awesome!!
1 night romance trip Aug 25, 2015
Nichole
Our stay at the hotel was very nice and comfortable .I would highly recommended it to others
1 night romance trip Aug 21, 2015
marie
Very nice.
2 night family trip Aug 21, 2015
Billy
"Would stay again"
The hotel was at up nicely and the neighborhood was clean and felt safe
1 night family trip Aug 21, 2015
MaryAnn
"great hotel"
Very nice rooms. The staff was exceptionally friendly and accommodating.The free breakfast was great.
1 night family trip Aug 19, 2015
lorraine
"Awesome!"
A really nice hotel! Exceeded expectations. The staff was friendly and knowledgable. The room large and beds super comfortable. It is an older hotel which has been remodeled but has not lost the 60's charm! Highly recommend!
3 night family trip Aug 18, 2015
Cheryl
"So cool - didn't want to checkout"
Awesome place, clean, secluded, deep pool, amazing breakfast, everything is neat and operational, strong shower, good water drainage - best place in its price range. Thought to stay overnight in transit ended up extending for extra day to get some rest since the place was super comfy - didn't want to leave so soon
1 night family trip Aug 18, 2015
Stayed here while moving our daughter in at asu. Nice,small hotel away from hectic campus. Good complimentary breakfast. Would stay there again.
3 night family trip Aug 13, 2015
karen
"Great Place, Low Cost, Close to ASU"
I was helping my child move into the ASU dorms. From the outside of the hotel, you would never know how great this place is to stay at. Inexpensive, yet offers a lot. Continental breakfast is always good. Internal/private atrium with a pool, vending, chess, and a huge bird cage to enjoy. Decent amount of plugs in the rooms which all women and kids know is a must. It is not the Ritz, but if you want low cost at a decent hotel, this is the place. Not to mention, the staff is very friendly and welcoming.
3 night family trip Aug 16, 2015
Maria
"Cute older hotel"
Older but not run down. Pool and courtyard with birds were nicely kept. Nothing to complain about with the rooms. Complimentary breakfast was surprisingly nice and offered lots of food. Overall great stay and would come back anytime I'm in Scottsdale.
Other trip Aug 20, 2015
"Stayover before flight"
I stayed here after spending in the day in Phoenix area. I got the feeling I was in a fort, where you needed your room key to get thru doors/gates. The breakfast was ok, unfortunately, my shower didn't work in the morning before my flight....for price, it was ok.
1 night trip Aug 17, 2015
"Great Place!"
Room was very clean, beautiful landscaping and very nice front desk.
2 night family trip Aug 14, 2015
Erich
"Hotel Hoppers"
Place was great and i really liked the tranquility of the hotel bar/
1 night trip with friends Aug 7, 2015
"Simple with quaint touches"
Perfect place to stay for a short business trip.
1 night business trip Aug 14, 2015