All hotels in New York, New York, United States of America

"Good day"
it was awesome
1 night romance trip May 21, 2015
"The hotel was nice ."
The hotel was very nice,very clean and was very close to transport...It's not cheap but I was tired and need a last min hotel to stay .
Other trip May 23, 2015
Elle
"New York Visit at Belleclaire"
The hotel and its staff were awesome. I would definitely stay at this hotel again. The location was great - very convenient to the subway and Central Park.
5 night family trip May 16, 2015
"Comfortable, interesting hotel on upper west side."
Had a lovely two night stay midweek. Very enjoyable.
Other trip May 21, 2015
J
"Good location, average hotel"
The location is great, great residential neighborhood two blocks from the subway, but far enough from Times Square to get a real New York experience. Great restaurants nearby, less expensive than mid-town. Beware of the "standard" room, it's quite small, maybe okay for one person, but not two. We got moved for an up charge and it was worth it. Nothing special about the room, the air conditioning was noisy. The shower control head kept falling off. We reported it and were assured that it would be fixed, but it never was. That made it difficult to control the water temperature in the shower.
Other trip May 20, 2015
Ray
"Near subway, deceiving pictures"
Room is really small. Nothing like the picture. Neighborhood is really nice, next to subway station.
3 night family trip May 14, 2015
We had a great experiance. We love staying here it is convenient to all our needs. We have family in the area and we feel very safe being here.
Other trip May 19, 2015
"Beautiful hotel but too expensive!"
The Bellclaire is a beautiful old hotel but the staff was terse and not overly friendly. Our room was very expensive with no real extras except complimentary non-alcoholic drinks in the lobby. The room smelled like pure rubbing alcohol, which I guess was suppose to make us feel like it was sterile clean. The plus was that we did have spotless white bed linens and towels.
Other trip May 18, 2015
Tricia
"Dark and Dingy"
Small room very dark window was tiny..... Not worth the money
Other trip May 18, 2015
glen g
"Beautiful bundling"
Decent hotel in a beautiful old building. Excellent location on upper west side with walking distance to Central Park
Other trip May 17, 2015
coffeenaz
"Good one but ask about room view."
Great location and staff. Small room with window into air staff. Espresso bar in lobby a big plus.
3 night business trip May 11, 2015
Excellent location for those willing to take the subway. Walk 5 blocks to 72nd and then the express to Times Square is one stop away.
Other trip May 15, 2015
"Dream vacation in NYC"
Hotel was clean and comfortable. Friendly helpful staff. Noisy if facing Broadway but by late night not that noisy. Wish we had coffee in room. Good location, UWS. Near Central Park, museums, Lincoln Center, subway station. Market next door, quaint restaurants and pubs going toward 79th and Amsterdam. Wonderful New York experience!
Other trip May 13, 2015
Family Vacation
"Comfortable bed, interesting design"
We stayed for 3 nights, it was a nice room on 8th floor (as I requested), in a good area, so it wasn't noisy at all, air conditioning worked well too. Interesting design of the lobby! I like the architecture of the hotel itself, old style building, very nice! I was happy to have a Bigelow shampoo in our room! That's what I use recently. The only minus was the long wait of the car from the valet. It took about 45mins even in the early morning! And it's not in&out. But the rest of the stay was good! Oh, try those donuts at the lobby!! They're delicious! :)
Other trip May 10, 2015
Alexandra
The hotel was great and the service spectacular! We had a room overlooking Broadway which was quite noisy so next time we will ask for an inside room, but other than that the room was immaculate and comfortable.
2 night romance trip May 4, 2015
"Super stay"
Wonderf
1 night family trip Apr 15, 2015
mahomi
"Fantastic!"
Fantastic! Big Room in NY right next to Central Park. Free WIFI in the room! Hotel itself have very nice decor. Lobby looks very impressive. Although check in is at 3PM I was able to check in right when I got there around 1PM. Once I got to the room the room service showed up immediately to check on the room condition. They found a small problem with the bathroom. This had no impact on my visit at all, but when i got back to the room later that night i received complimentary snacks and a bottle of wine...It came with a hand written letter from hotel management apologizing for the issue this morning. That was really impressive, Possibly best hospitality and service I have ever experienced. I was very impressed. I do travel a lot and I have not seen service that good in hotels that cost 1000$ a night. Very satisfied and very happy stay!
1 night romance trip May 5, 2015
Szymon
"Quick family get a away"
We had a lovely 2 night stay. Our room was immediately upgraded at check - in. The room was very clean,spacious and comfortable. The lobby was on the small size but had a nice food/coffee bar. The only thing that I thought was lacking was an outdoor space. We had lovely weather and wished we could have sat outside. Otherwise, very nice stay. Staff was busy but responsive when approached.
2 night family trip Apr 14, 2015
"EUROPEAN ATMOSPHERE"
EXTREMELY HELPFUL STAFF; NICE LITTLE LOBBY AREA WITH COFFEE BAR AND BOTH NYT AN USA TODAY DAILY.
6 night trip Apr 27, 2015
Joan
""Simplicity at its finest.""
A very cozy room with the best walk in shower I've ever been in. VERY clean room and the decor is great looking as well. We were very comfortable and I would recommend it to everyone I know. The concierge was very nice when I checked in and for checkout. My compliments to ALL staff that contributed from the cleanliness of the room to the desk staff. Thanks guys. I'll be back!!!
1 night romance trip Apr 8, 2015
Anthony
"We'd stay again"
Hotel staff was terrific. We had reserved at the absolute last minute and got a good rate on Hotels.com. Then, when we asked for a room that wasn't overshadowed by machinery outside, we were immediately given a better and very much larger room at only a very small upcharge. The hotel is not only very convenient to where our son lives, but it's incredibly easy to get around town because of proximity to the subway. Plenty of restaurants and coffee shops in easy walking distance, hotel is clean and well maintained. We'd stay there again.
2 night romance trip Apr 6, 2015
"room was nice and newer furnishings"
good experience with hotel. The rooms were clean and they were quick at the desk,
Other trip May 4, 2015
"Cute, quaint + close to everything!"
Such a gem of a find in the upper west side! Perfect location, close to shops on Broadway, 4 blocks from Central Park and close proximity to be able to walk everywhere. Staff was exceptionally friendly and I was surprised how clean, modern, and quaint it was for the price. Highly recommend!
Other trip May 4, 2015
AngelaMM
"great place"
gave me a handicap room, so the shower was terrible.
Other trip May 2, 2015
"Noise"
The hotel needs an update. Rooms are OK, but look like they could at least use a fresh coat of paint. The windows do not block any noise, or even airflow, because there are window air conditioning units. The steam radiators make a lot of noise, and you can also hear your neighbors shower, because the pipes sound like a train rolling through your room.
Other trip May 1, 2015
cayirguzeli
Great location! Very close to restaurants and cinema. Rooms were small but comfortable.
Other trip Apr 30, 2015
"Charming hotels on the upper west side"
The room was very nice. I would definitely stay there again. I love the upper west side. Convient to everything.
1 night family trip Apr 25, 2015
Lori
"Disappointing return"
I have stayed here many times, but this time, my room was tiny, with a view of back wall of hotel, poorly functioning heat and air conditioning. Other times I have been very satisfied with my stay.
Other trip Apr 29, 2015
"Visit"
Nice older hotel in great neighborhood. A lot of road noise heard in room. Bought earplugs at cvs across street which blocked out most noise for good night sleep.
4 night romance trip Apr 23, 2015
bradley
"Charming but needs some TLC!"
It is a charming Hotel and we enjoyed our stay, but we ran into some challenges! The rooms are old and the two we stayed in, (upgraded to a bigger room on the second night) had terrible drafts and some cosmetic issues in need of repair. The Staff tried to accommodate sufficiently and made the best of the situation. In spite of our challenges the beds were comfortable and rooms were clean and that helped!
3 night family trip Apr 23, 2015
michelle
"Dirty hotel with bad service"
Worst hotel I have stayed at. The staff was very unfriendly. They put us in the smallest room in the back with view on bricks and dust flying in through a hole in the wall. Woke up at 6am due to construction workers. The room smelt of pure alcohol and there was no way to open the window with the mountain of dust and dirt outside. We called to change room and they didn't want to do anything about it. Most awful hotel experience in my life and am a frequent flyer. Strongly advice to look elsewhere if you are going to spend 150-200 for a night.
1 night business trip Apr 16, 2015
Charlotte
"Bait and Switch!"
I reserved a Deluxe Queen, having read that the basic rooms were not terrific. The room we were shown was the worst I've seen in years! Pitiful. Nasty-ugly. Inadequate. If that was Deluxe, then I am the Queen of Romania! Went to the desk and asked to be moved. The reply: "We are full this week and have nothing.... Oh, we can put you in a suite for $XX" I agreed to the upgrade. The suite was nice. My impression is that the hotel has nasty rooms and nice suites. Either pay the extra for a suite or don't stay.
Agnes of God
"Our favorite NYC hotel"
We love the Belleclaire! The location is perfect. We enjoy the upper west side because it is relatively quiet and has much less traffic than your typical tourist areas. Restaurants and shops abound in the area. Try the New Wave Cafe or Utopia for breakfast, Freds for dinner, and the best vanilla rooibos cuppa at The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf on the same block as the hotel. The closest subway station is just two blocks away at 79th. You also have Central Park and Riverside Park within easy walking distance. The hotel is charming and boasts a lobby that is always inviting. The staff are always courteous and the rooms are very clean and have plenty of space for what you would expect in New York. This hotel is "our" hotel for NYC.
Cori
"A delightful bargain"
How lovely to find such a lovely spot at an affordable price. It is an old building with charm that more than atones for small elevators and noisy radiators. Rooms are small but not claustrophobic; bathrooms also small but modern and feature really fine shampoos, etc. Great location.
Ned
"Ok night at BC"
The room was lovely, larger than I expected. The bed is super comfy. There is quite a bit of traffic at night so I wore my ear plugs. Also, the bathroom window didn't close all the way so I had to close that door at night for warmth and noise pollution.
1 night business trip Apr 24, 2015
"Small wonder"
The room was small, but very clean and comfy.
1 night romance trip Apr 7, 2015
jaqua
"Not as advertised"
We're told originally booked was not in service due to pipe burst. Then, we were placed in a drafty room without any way to close the window. Room was much too small for the price, although staff seemed concerned about our comfort.
"Needs a lot of work."
Hotel well past its used by date. Cracked tiles in bathroom, windows that don't seal, old style window air-conditioning, tiny elevators, hallways smell of cigarette smoke. Would have been a nice hotel about 15 years ago. I suggest you look elsewhere for your stay on the Upper West Side.
2 night business trip Apr 22, 2015
MICHAEL
"easy street"
very easy entry cozy stay
1 night business trip Apr 20, 2015
Desi
OK hotel. Water gave out on day for an hour or two. Comped us with mini breakfast next day
2 night family trip Apr 13, 2015
It was a horrible experience, the hot water didnt work, the staff was always confused. Will not return
Other trip Apr 21, 2015
"average"
No bad but not great either, close to metro, fairly good price but old.
Other trip Apr 21, 2015
"a night at Hotel Belleclaire"
I was looking for something affordable and not too far from central park, this was great!
1 night trip Apr 16, 2015
Maurie
"Missing the details; loud construction noise"
I was in town on business and really needed to be able to sleep. I requested and received a quiet room, but on my second night there, construction on the building next door began at approx. 7:30am directly below my window after being out for a required work event til 4am. I tried to sleep through it but finally called the front desk and was moved 2 hrs later to a different room. I appreciated the effort, but the 2nd room was pretty much just as bad because of other construction nearby. Construction isn't the hotel's fault, but the windows were quite thin/poorly insulated and street noise was very present in both rooms. However, the walls themselves were actually very thick and I never heard a peep from other rooms. A lot of small details, though: most of the channels on both TVs did not work; while the rooms were clean, each room had items missing (one had no closet so hangers were only available on hooks in the bathroom, only one outlet far from the bed, etc.); laminate floors in both were peeling up. Nothing major, just don't be fooled by the lovely photos: when you want to pay less, you lose a lot of the attention to detail you get in pricier hotels. The UWS location, however, was great and only 2 blocks to the 1 train.
3 night business trip Apr 15, 2015
"Excellent hotel, but.."
Nice location Comfortable Reasonable rate Cons: Only one i could find, but its a big one. There was a cockroach in the bath room. Maybe because it is a old building. But its the first time i saw them in any of the places i had stayed.
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
Vijay
"A second chance"
We stayed there this past weekend. The staff at the hotel was great. The hotel is beautiful. The neighborhood is in my opinion the best neighborhood of New York City. However, our room was to be desired. Our room faced Broadway. I would strongly advise not getting a room that faces Broadway. We heard noise all night long. Apparently there is a portion of the window where an air conditioner is located. It was as if the window was wide open. There were a few other little things that could have been improved upon. For example, we had no Wi-Fi. I would give this hotel a second chance because of where it is located and because the staff was great. But I would make sure that my room was not sitting on Broadway.
1 night family trip Apr 18, 2015
"Nice hotel in Upper West Side"
The hotel staff is very pleasant and helpful. The hotel, located in a quieter (for New York) Upper West Side neighborhood, is only a few blocks from a subway station (red line) which takes you almost anywhere in Manhattan. There are several OK restaurants nearby. When we visited, the hotel had a breakfast bar featuring pastries from an excellent bakery found just around the corner from the hotel. The pastries were pricey but delicious. Our room was on the street side and quite noisy at night. We were able to drown out much of the noise by turning the window air conditioner on to fan only. If you are a light sleeper, I suggest you request an inside room. Rooms are a decent size although our bathroom was quite small.
Other trip Apr 18, 2015
"Short stay"
Room PK for short stays. Too small for extended stay
Other trip Apr 16, 2015
angus
"Nice Hotel on the Upper West Side"
Great location close to Central Park. Smaller rooms but very comfortable.
Other trip Apr 15, 2015
"Great location in NYC"
Perfect location for walks to Central Park, the Natural History Museum. Also close to subway and restaurants. Very friendly staff and lovely lobby with cafe open in the morning, complimentary NY Times, and ample seating for a moment of relaxation. Stayed with my 3 boys aged 11, 9 and 6. They enjoyed the location, quick breaks in the lobby, and quick check-in.
Other trip Apr 15, 2015