All hotels in Miami Beach, Florida, United States of America
6701 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL, 33141, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Ordinary pool
  • Wellness
    Sufficient wellness & sports facilities
    Service is poor
  • Value
    Poor value for money
    Dirty
    Bad internet service
"GREAT EXPECTATIONS SMALL REWARD"
LUGGAGE GUYS WERE AWFUL FRONT DESK WAS OUT OF TOUCH THE GM MUHAMMAD WAS GREAT IN HELPING ME BUT STAFF Is SUBPAR $30 for parking a day it is hard to find parking elsewhere elevators were slow but my balcony room was beautiful for almost $200 oceanfront room no microwave was hurtful THIS HOTEL WILL CHARGE U RESORT FEES AND $50 a day incidentals after paying $1100 and additional 290 was added YIKES NICE POOL GOOD BALCONY GOOD GM THATS WHERE IT ENDS ITS A RESORT WITH REally NO AMENTIESS BUT THE POOL I BEEN THERE 15 times all for the balcony Over seeing the ocean I'm use to the bad service
4 night trip Oct 8, 2015
"Hotel Needs Upgrades"
So this property is in a great location and next to the water, and this the only positive part of my review. This hotel needs major upgrades. For the price of the stay I think it was rip off. As you enter the hotel the reception area and decor is terrible. The rooms had a strange smell, dirty carpet, restroom was outdated with chipped tiles. There were no blankets in the the room, they just had bed sheets.. wow never experienced that before. I don't even know why they charge a resort fee... what resort??? I would not recommend this place to anyone.
Response by The Deauville Beach Resort
Dear Guest, Thank you for your feedback. We are very sorry to know you did not enjoy our hotel. This is not the standard we want to offer to our guests at all. Your comments are being sent to our Management for their review. Sincerely, Customer Service
2 night trip with friends Oct 9, 2015
"Enjoyed our stay"
This was a return visit to The Deauville--cellebrating our 52nd anniversary of 9/14/1963. Restaurant servers -Evelyn, Jeanette, Marco, plus wewre very nice. Tiki Bar and beach were fine. Had odd bathroom with NO MIRROR above the sink.
2 night romance trip Sep 14, 2015
The Deauville is an older hotel at a great location for a relaxing time. It's right on the beach. The pool area is very nice and has plenty of space. You can walk right out of your clean hotel room and on to a great day on Miami Beach for a relatively low cost, which is what I look for. I used the gym downstairs and the equipment is very old, but there is a lot of it for a hotel gym and you can get a decent workout. There are plenty of stores and restaurants around. I have found the staff to be friendly and responsive. If you are a hotel snob, this is not your place. I have had issues with inconsistent WiFi, but for the most part it worked. This is not close to South Beach so if you're planning on spending a lot of time down there stay further south. Like I said, it's an older hotel, and it shows in spots. This hotel is a clean, decent place to stay. Every time I go back improvements have been made. I myself have stayed here many times. If you aren't expecting filet mignon on hamburger pricing, this place is fine. I would suggest to the management that one way to make a positive impact on the guest impression would be to replace the refrigerators and coffee makers and brighten up that area of the rooms.
Other trip Oct 9, 2015
"Terrible staff, the hotel has a good location"
The staff are rude, unhappy, and don't provide the right service. I asked for blanket, towel, etc, and they refused to give me, tottaly desprepared. This started when I came to the hotel, the guy from parking didn't help us. After, in the night, I asked for a blanket, because we DIDN'T HAVE ANY BLANKET in our room, then he gave me one, but we were in 2 beds in the room, and I asked one more, and he said NO.
Other trip Oct 8, 2015
"Help this place. POOR POOR POOR"
Poor customer service Hotel Manager Maria very rude along with the staff (terrible), they are very unorganized, need to retrain employees and didnt care that theyre the ones who made a mistake. I felt stereotyped. I never had face cloths when housekeeping cleaned our room they left bath towels but never any face cloths and when asked for it took longer than a hour. Someone need to help this place! Dont stay here first room smelled of urine
Response by The Deauville Beach Resort
Thank you for your feedback. We are very sorry to know you did not enjoy our services. This is not the standard we want to offer to our guests at all. Your comments are being sent to our management for their review. We apologize for any inconvenience you might had and we hope you can give us another chance in the future. Sincerely.
3 night trip with friends Oct 2, 2015
Kaleesha
"Dirty pool, bad wifi. No windows in rhe room"
Dirty pool, bad wifi. No windows in rhe room. Customers service undevoted.
Response by The Deauville Beach Resort
Thank you for your feedback. We are very sorry to know you did not enjoy our rooms or personnel. You mentioned you had no windows in the room. All our 504 rooms have beautiful views with wide windows in every corner. This is not the standard we want to offer to our guests at all.
Other trip Oct 6, 2015
"Nice location. Beautiful beach"
Great location. Pool be beach area is rate 4.5 stars . Room was a little small and uncomfortable . Didn't like they don't have microwave or breakfast service . Hotel services was good.
2 night family trip Oct 2, 2015
alicia
"Poor"
Customer service? What customer service! The night "manger on duty" was very rude! I had an issue with my credit card that I had already prepaid my hotel room on! I was travelling from LA to Miami, sitting on the hotel floor in the lobby with my phone charger in the wall bc my phone was just about dead at 10:30 PM) Not one person from the hotel staff- manager included- offered any assistance! Not anything! "Is there anything we can do? If I hadn't already prepaid for my room and by that being my only credit card I had with me at the time.... I would have gladly and most certainly gotten another room at any of the other hotels in area! Bc that is just poor customer service! Old hotel any way...needs updating in a major way! Bad paint job in the bathroom, rust on the door, someone else's hair strands in the shower...dust coming out the vents, old fixtures, one bed had a comforter with sheets..the other just had sheets with no top comforter!
4 night trip with friends Sep 10, 2015
It was disappointing. The hotel was expensive for the standard and location. I do not recommend it.
Other trip Oct 1, 2015
"Magical Miami Beach"
The stay was magical. The room was fantastic with an amazing view. I will stay here everytime I visit Miami Beach.
2 night romance trip Sep 21, 2015
1 night family trip Sep 24, 2015
Great experience.
1 night family trip Sep 24, 2015
"Great vacay spot"
I came here for a quick solo vacation and loved it! The staff was friendly and welcoming especially the front desk. Rooms were very comfortable with a great view and maid service every day. The pool area was great to lounge around. The Tiki bar could be a little better since it took a while for my order to arrive. And also a bit overpriced for what was services. However overall I loved it. Would definitely stay here again.
5 night trip Sep 20, 2015
Felix
"Another fun 5 day stay at the Deauville!"
The check in was very time consuming while the system glitch was resolved. I was not aware that the rooms on the 16th floor were called executive now when I have stayed there so many times. The front desk which is usually very accommodating did place me where I wanted to, although the front desk managers George was not so accommodating! I really like the front desk group Lubby, Rolando and Katrina they are really helpful. Thanks Carlos fixing the hot tub one of the best features of the hotel. The pool guys a terrific and Melvin had my room clean and smelling awesome by 9:30 when I came back from breakfast...thanks so much!
5 night family trip Sep 16, 2015
very slow checkin service. the elevator is terribly not efficient, need to wait forever to go up or go down. I will not stay there again
2 night trip with friends Jul 3, 2015
xiaobo
"Thumbs up!!"
It was nice place to relax.Clean and the location was perfect.
2 night family trip Sep 17, 2015
"A good getaway hotel on the beach"
Our stay was a 1 nite getaway. Everything was fine, the only complaint I have was after check-in as we were heading to our room. the security advised that I could not bring my lunch bag which contained 3 bottles of water & a pack of ritz crackers in them to the room. Their explanation to me was coolers are not allowed. It was not a cooler, but a med size thermo lunch bag. because they confiscated it & I was advised to pick it up when I checked out the next day, I forgot and ended up having to make a 1 hr return trip down their to retrieve it.
1 night romance trip Sep 6, 2015
Carl
"High Parking Cost - Resort Fee - Nice Beach"
I was a little shocked by the $30/day self-parking fee a block away (valet parking $55/day). $20/day resort fee to cover the use of facilities that should be included in the hotel rate (this is not the only hotel guilty of resort fees but it is a ridiculous practice of not including everything in the hotel rate). There is a $100 charge on your credit card (refundable) for some unknown reason. Bar drinks at the pool carry 18% tip plus tax on top of the menu price. You have to wear wrist bands at the pool and beach. Room maid did not leave us towels. The hotel is in good condition but it is still an old building. The pool water was not clear but a lot of people at the pool that day. I would probably not stay there again. The beach was great in that area.
3 night romance trip Sep 10, 2015
TONY
"I would NEVER stay here again."
Shower scales me. No warm, it went from coolto scalding hot. They came to fix it but still wasent fixed. Called again, next guy spoke no English so had no idea what I was saying. The only choice we had was cold or scalding. Needless to say we skipped the shower on our morning flight home. The first nightwe stayed and I was scalded, I went to get she ice from the ice machine, didn't work. Called them and they said they would be there to fix it..One hour later still not fixed...hour and a half later still wasn't fixed. Then an employee toldme it had been broken for months and I would need to go down two floors for ice. We had to wait til 330 to get our room clean .. I called twice for towels and finally at 3:30 they bring them and clean my room. My to smelled musty, actually the entire hotel smells musty and is in dire need of remodeling. The waitress in the restaurant downstairs was RUDE, we didn't go back either. I will be fair and say the location is great, my beach view was awesome and the bed was very comfortable. But that wouldn't bring me back.
2 night family trip Sep 12, 2015
Cindy
it was good.hotel has good location View from the room was excellent Overall a good hotel
1 night family trip Sep 13, 2015
"Exactly what i was expecting!"
From the time of check in and check out this hotel exceeded my expectations. This was exactly what I wanted reasonable price, amazing location (Steps away from the beach, Walgreens,Pizza hut, Numerous Cuban restaurants ext.)Yes this is 10 minutes away from South beach but isn't this why you go on vacation anyways to relax and away from the chaos? I can't believe those who actually complain that this hotel is not near enough totally ridiculous! This is in a perfect location. Go and pay for South Beach prices and certainly it won' be as smooth and relaxing. Everyone was friendly and the Pool Bar was amazing. The music was Young friendly exactly what was expected. Those who complain about stupidity should go and pay for a 5 star Hotel. My experience was amazing and so will whomever stays here in the future! Will Definitely return!
4 night romance trip Sep 4, 2015
ANGELA
"Comfort at its finest."
My one and only complaint is the slow and screwey elevators. They were slow at times and I had to keep pushing the buttons to keep my floor level activated. Other than that, my stay was super comfortable and my girlfriend loved it too. We had an awesome time and we also loved that everything we needed was in walking distance, such as Wells Fargo, Chase Bank, Little Ceasars Pizza, 7/11, Subway and especially the 24 hour Walgreens. We look forward to planning another trip to the Historic, Deauville.
8 night romance trip Aug 29, 2015
Juan
"my experience at the deauville hotel"
The hotel is a classic. Location excellent but the condition of the hotel could be better. However, for the price the hotel is a good deal. A big problem was that when I made my reservation there was no mention that the hotel has no free parking and you have to choose between paying $30 per day for parking or trying to find a spot on the street. They should have mentioned this before you book the hotel. I had a rent a car and parking was a big problem. Swimming pool and beach very nice.
5 night family trip Aug 26, 2015
Enrique
Was great, except for cockroaches in the bathroom. The cleanliness of the hotel wasn't the best indeed, but overall the ambiance of the environ was beautiful.
Response by The Deauville Beach Resort
Dear Guest, Thank you for your feedback. We are very sorry to know about the roaches you have found in the bathroom. This is not the standard we want to offer to our guests at all. The Deauville is going thru some changes and your feedback will be sent to our Department Heads for their review. Noreen Barros - Customer Service
3 night romance trip Aug 28, 2015
"Overnight in Miami"
Very happy with our one night stay. Friendly, polite staff, comfortable room. Everyone from 2year old to 71 yrs happy and well satisfied
1 night family trip Aug 27, 2015
"Worst hotel on Miami Beach"
Staff has no idea what good customer service is. The hotel is run down old and dilapidated. The paint is chipping off the walls in the rooms. The bathroom vanity is old run down dirty and chipped. The sheets are so old and cheap that they have pilling. Carpeting is old and dirty in the rooms. Window curtains are broken and do not close properly. We were not given a blanket had to call and ask for one. This property is barely a 2 star and they treat the guests like its a 5 Star. Security guards that are not even nice stalk you by the pool. There are no activities by the pool, the lounge chairs are worn and some broken and if you return you beach towel after 6p you are charged yet another fee. Ridiculous!!! On top of the $20 daily resort fee for nothing if you ask to bring a guest they want $25 extra per day and everyone has to wear a lime green wrist band. $25 a day for what I don't know. Will never return to this property and will let my friends, family and colleagues know how terrible it is.
Other trip Sep 1, 2015
AMR
"LOVED MY STAY!!###"
We had a great experience. Supervisor Armando is the BEST!!! He has great customer service. Rolando front desk also the BEST, great customer service. I will revisit soon.
2 night family trip Aug 28, 2015
Cecilia
"Poor service, unkempt, poor value..."
Check in was slow and unorganized. Bathroom was moldy. No washcloths . I asked for them 4 times in one day and just got towels. House keeping only made up beds. Didn't clean bathroome once in 6 days. Despite my requests. I cleaned it myself and had to place trash outside room for it to be picked up. Great history and size of ballrooms offer lots of options for large groups,and classes but I'll never stay there again as it is dirty and unkempt. The men mopping the lobby floors did an awesome job and cleaned it often but everything else was awful. What's worse is l gave them an opportunity to correct or address the issues on several occasions to no avail. One week later, still no call from their management team as requested. ..
5 night trip with friends Aug 19, 2015
africa
Very good place on the beach. Lobby area very attractive and classy with lots of comfortable seating. Pool large but did have trouble finding lounge chair in the afternoon. The place is very clean. Venezia restaurant across the street was great! Diverse menu at good prices. The Italian dishes were especially good. Ate most of meals there. Would be happy to stay there again.
Other trip Aug 29, 2015
Don
"#MBKF2015 dance conference guest"
Balcony view was breathtaking. Some rooms were updated. Others not so much. Overall I was comfortable. I didn't like that beach towels had to be returned by 6p or you risk charge of $15 per towel. I was there for a dance festival #MBKF2015. During pool parties, not enough bartenders, same for evening socials. The ballroom was sweltering which is torture for dancers. The staff was friendly and professional. The first room smelled of mold and mildew. The veranda had pervasive mold and a disconcerting leak in both balcony rooms I stayed in. Like I needs to be inspected to avoid structure failure from water damage. Anything you need is in.walking distance. Ideal location.
1 night trip Aug 20, 2015
"Low class retreat"
Staff doesn't care about this place or their customer your on vacation you don't need to deal with all the drama
Other trip Aug 26, 2015
"Home away from home"
We visit Miami every spring break and in the summer. Everytime we visit we stay here we love that it's not far from south beach or Lincoln road mall pretty much it's close to everything in Miami... We love how nice,quite and relaxing this place is! I love all the remodeling they are doing to the hotel it was definitely needed! The only thing I would suggest is that if check out is at 11am they should not come at 9am to try to clean your room mind you I had a " do not disturb" sign on the door! I spoke to a manager about it and the gentleman was very nice and said that was not allowed and that they would have a meeting about it.
1 night family trip Aug 19, 2015
Zaide
"First Time visiting Miami Beach"
The Latin Supervisor at front desk at check-in was very nice,the stay at the place and around the area was a little pricey over stay was pretty good
2 night trip with friends Aug 14, 2015
TERRY C.
"My bday weekend"
It was a great get away the hotel was beautiful and of course like every other hotel chraged for everything no shocker but I didn't mind I went on vacation with the girls to spend money anyway I did get hit with some racism outside the hotel but no biggie just laughed it off the hotel was manly filled with Hispanics and the cleaning ladies didn't really speak any English but my overall experience with this hotel was a good one
3 night trip with friends Aug 13, 2015
Jacquita
"disgusted"
disgusting
1 night trip with friends Aug 15, 2015
"Nice hotel and very close to the beach."
Excellent. I will recommend this hotel to anyone.
Other trip Aug 17, 2015
"ok hotel"
BOOK A OCEAN FRONT ROOM WHEN I WENT TO CHECK IN WAS TOLD NO ACEAN FRONT ROOM AVABALE
Other trip Aug 1, 2015
"I do not recommend this hotel for nobody"
There forget to clean my room and sometimes they clean it and forget fold the towels overall it was not good
Response by The Deauville Beach Resort
Dear Guest, Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for any inconvenience you might have encountered. You comments are being sent to our Supervisors for their review. Thank you again. Customer Service
Other trip Aug 1, 2015
Nice hotel with a big pool. Need to take a texi to bars and parties.
Other trip Jul 30, 2015
"good hotel for business or relax"
I received a really good service and I enjoy the beach
Other trip Jul 21, 2015
Room was great with a beautiful ocean view from the balcony Parking was a little expensive and also Beach umbrellas was expensive , but overall it was a great stay Will go there again
4 night romance trip Jul 15, 2015
"Not worth the money"
There were many fees, Hotels.com stated it was $10 parking per night and we got to the hotel and it was $30 per night. Also i had to give the hotel $150 upfront in cash for a deposit. There was also a $60 resort fee and the Jacuzzi was out of service. they were also remodeling rooms next to us so it was pretty loud. There were also many bugs, i saw about 3 beetles, those big tree ants and other ones as well. We had a ocean front room so it was a beautiful view and the beds were comfy. All in all i paid about $700-$750 for the hotel itself and i don't think it was worth that much money!
3 night trip with friends Jul 15, 2015
Keisha
"Older hotel on the beach"
Hotel parking is $30 a night and it is located a block away. The hotel charged a $20 per day resort fee for beach chairs, towel, and gym access. There were a bunch of conventions being held so the hotel was packed full of people. The elevators took so long that we mainly used the stairs and ended up in the employee's laundry area. The water heater was terrible in the shower. It went from scalding hot to no heat at all. If you want to be awake without coffee then a nice eye opening shower at this hotel will do the trick. It is hard to shave with goosebumps! I asked the receptionist about it and she wrote a note to someone to fix it. It never was fixed. The office chair was almost as big as the TV & we had a view of the roof. If I could do this again I would skip this the beach front hotel and book something close by with a better rating!!
Other trip Jul 17, 2015
Texan Traveler
"Loved It!!!"
Love the view, the staff was friendly and accomodating, the price was reasonable for being in Miami. You have to remember this is a historic hotel so it's not brand new. If you want brand new go to a new hotel and pay brand new prices! Also, don't go there with a bad attitude and expect to be treated well. Be nice to the staff and they'll take care of you. Only thing I can say to improve is update the tiki bar, keep it and the pool open LATE for the partiers. The cleaner used in the rooms is strong and stinks, gave us a headache, smells cheap. Beds are comfy, oceanfront balconies are breathtaking, cafe out front and restaurant are good!
1 night trip with friends Jul 10, 2015
Cristina
"Hotel of horror"
Disgusting and disappointing. Nothing shown online is true. The whole hotel needs to be remodeled. The elevators, ice machines, and tvs didn't work. There was garbage and mattresses in the hallways. The tiki bar was completely closed off like a crime scene and the pool smelled of urine. Not to mention the steep parking fee per night($30).
Response by The Deauville Beach Resort
Dear Guest, We appreciate your feedback even though is not favorable to us. This is not the quality of service we aim to give our visitors. We are sending your comments to our management team for their review. Thank you. Noreen Customer Service
Other trip Jul 12, 2015
"Dissapointed"
Rooms are not that great, bathrooms are old and outdated. Service is less than desirable. There are several steps in the front and no ramp so guests have to carry their suitcases up the stairs themself while staff, if there are any there, look. pool was overcrowded, no room to sit and no towels...overall, not a good experience..will not be going back
Other trip Jul 12, 2015
"I don't liked this hotel"
Terblol I don't recommend this hotel the rooms are Horrible they're don't give enough towels The elevator don't work well everything is so poor
2 night trip Jul 4, 2015
martha
"Not what I expected"
The pool was closed at sunset and the actual pool area lack enough seating. The tiki bar was a bit run down. They charged adult GUESTS that came to visit $25 and the kids $10. Parking is $30 and is half a block away with no valet.
2 night romance trip Jul 3, 2015