All hotels in Miami Beach, Florida, United States of America

2.6
    2.4
    2.2
"#sucked"
We arrived after 11 pm to check in. We got up to the room and the card keys did not work so we had to go back downstairs to get them reactivated. The ratchet strippers on the 3rd floor that were taking pictures for 2 hours in the hallway were loud and obnoxious, this was about midnight. Around 3 am, the neighbors seemed to be banging on the walls and yelling. The walls were paper thin, we got no sleep at all. There are no room conveniences such as a basic coffee maker. Short on towels. However, the location was very convenient and it was close to just about anything you could need. That was the ONLY positive thing for this hotel. I would NEVER stay here again though. Everything was so old and run down.
1 night trip with friends Feb 21, 2014
Tiffprl2
"Great location but..."
I liked that the hotel is in a great location but it desperately needs an upgrade. The beds were very uncomfortable and the bathroom needs a serious upgrade. The staff were very nice especially Stephanie she was very accommodating and welcoming.
Other trip Feb 21, 2014
The
"great front desk"
The women was very helpful on check in and check out.
1 night trip Feb 10, 2014
SoBe lover
Good location ! Ac was constant no off or on just cold . old room ,old sheets , old furniture however right across beach . I don't complain typically just being honest . On the other hand I would stay here again
3 night trip Feb 6, 2014
Hotel is very rundown and in neednof major update. Bathroom dirty, stains on sheets, paint falling off walls, no heat for cold nights etc. staff was polite and helpful, location was perfect to see all in South Beach. There is a reason this is a non refundable, pay up front hotel.
3 night business trip Feb 13, 2014
Nikki
"Location is the only plus"
This hotel needs an overhaul. I did not expect big rooms in this age of hotel, but I did not expect peeling pain and drab furnishings
Other trip Feb 17, 2014
"Nice location not real clean"
I think they need to have more control of the staff so they can see what needs to be done inside the hotel. Not worry about selling booze.
Other trip Feb 14, 2014
"No HOT water"
The one thing I wanted at check in was a hot shower, and for the two days we stayed, I never got that. The staff was friendly and tried to do what they could, but it made the rest of the hotel look that much worse. It reminded me of a cheap Mexican hotel at which I was once forced. Even if the price is right: stay elsewhere. I checked out a couple of rooms and they all looked as dilapidated. The lack of hot water made me seriously wonder about the food they were cooking in the kitchen as well.
Other trip Feb 13, 2014
"Decent for the price"
The hotel is old, but the room was clean. There was a cheapo mini-fridge that was nice to have for bottled water, etc, but it wasn't luxurious by any means. Main complaint is that the sliding shower door didn't slide well at all and was difficult to open/close. Staff was not overly helpful, but not rude.
Other trip Feb 11, 2014
"DO NOT STAY HERE !"
The worst Hotel. Extremely smelly. Says internet is included - THERE IS NO internet. Very noisy air-conditioning system, can't sleep from the noise. Temperature was so low it was "freezing" in the room (can't adjust). Overall very bad experience. Booked for 5 nights and only stayed there 1 afternoon. Extremely overpriced for the quality that it is. Don't be fooled to pay the money just because it is on Ocean Drive. THERE IS NO VIEW. the windows are stuck to the adjacent building and the noise (and smell) from the alley bellow is ALL you will get for a view.
4 night trip with friends Jan 5, 2014
"Very loud!"
This hotel is the perfect location if you want to stay directly across from the beach in the heart of all the action in South Beach, but definitely not the place to stay if you want to get a decent nights sleep. Loud groups come in and out of the lobby throughout the entire night and the walls are paper thin. If you are going to South Beach to party, this is a great place. If you are going for anything else that requires a good nights rest, do NOT stay here.
Other trip Feb 5, 2014
"terrible"
Terrible.. I never stayed in a shabby hotel on vacation. The bathroom was small and paint peeling of the wall... The room was just not good over all. . But if you last minute book I guess you get what you pay for. It's good because it's on ocean that's it. Didn't like the food either.
2 night business trip Jan 29, 2014
mrkeke2u
"Bahamas trip via Ocean Drive"
What a great location and the staff are the best in Miami , helpful and kept us informed, sadly the hotel needs a good refit, if it wasn't for the location being on Ocean Dive you would not stay, no hot water when we arrived and then we got stuck in the old lift. No tea and coffee making facilities for us Brits. Good wifi signal and free. If you've not been to Miami before if you hire a car its a fortune to park and now free.
1 night trip Jan 31, 2014
Andy
"Dissapointing"
nothing worked properly at the hotel from the coffee maker elevator hot water water pressure no towels
Other trip Jan 28, 2014
Jose Louis
"Expedia SHOULD NOT post this hotel on its site"
No valet parking (closest 2 blocks away) No help with baggage(lugged it 2 blocks from parking space) Booked 2 rooms ---both had no AC nor hot water for showers last 24 hours;no pressure to take wash cloth shower
Other trip Jan 28, 2014
"Great location & service BUT very old"
Hotel staff is great! The hotel is on ocean dr so there is no better location. This hotel like most on ocean dr is very old and need to be remodeled. The room was extremely small. This is the type of place you stay to shower and sleep a few hours then get back to the partying of Miami.
1 night trip with friends Jan 23, 2014
"The worst hotel ever"
Don't Evan think about it , run run run away it's TERRIBLE
Other trip Jan 24, 2014
J
"arrived at 5pm room still not ready for check in!"
Not good.
1 night business trip Jan 10, 2014
"Directly across from beach"
The hotel front desk very very nice, the place is outdated and bathroom small but for the price and location its ok. I did not like smelling smoke in my room as the next door neighbor smoked in early am. Did not eat at hotel other more exciting places down the street.
2 night trip with friends Jan 8, 2014
just visiting
"Youre paying for location"
The hotel is located right on the strip where everything takes place. If you are going to be going for a short trip, where you wont be at your hotel as much, then this is the place for you. The rooms are very outdated, the hall ways are sketchy and a bit smelly. Floors creak, and dirty carpet areas. Not bad for it's location.
Other trip Jan 13, 2014
"Bumped to another Hotel"
I have been wanting to stay at the Cavalier for 2 years, an original Art Deco Hotel in the heart of South Beach. However when I went to check in there was a problem with the room, making it impossible for them to accommodate me at the hotel. However the manager moved me to another hotel close by, arranged and paid for a taxi and gave us a couple of free cocktails while we waited for the cab. The other hotel was a higher scale property and was very gracias is offering me a free upgrade to a suite. It was a great trip and I will definitely return to the Cavalier based on the way they treated me as a guest and patron to their property… so my bucket list has the Cavalier on it once again. I recommend the managements level of customer service and can only imagine anything you need while staying at the property will be taken care of.
Other trip Jan 12, 2014
Mason
"paying for location, not quality!"
hotel restroom floor was wet & was nasty. not gonna go into all the details, but not recommended.
1 night trip Dec 29, 2013
jerry gardner
The hotel staff member gave our room key to another guest and the other guest came into our room un-announced while I was changing clothes. It was horrible. Also very, very noisy,
1 night trip Dec 26, 2013
"Excellente location"
It needs a little bit more renovation specially elevator but overall excellent hotel
Other trip Dec 27, 2013
I spent three days in Cavalier Hotel, the location was the best. Staff is kind, rooms are nice maybe a little too cold, to much of central air conditioning of that time of year. Will return for sure!
Other trip Dec 23, 2013
My mom and I stayed here after coming back froma cruise as part of her birthday trip. I usually stay at this hotel when in Miami. The only issue I had with this stay was that the tub in the room looked dirty but when I asked to have it cleani realized it was just stained. But overall I had a great stay.
2 night trip Dec 16, 2013
Ty
"Ideal location for South Beach."
This was the second time I've stayed at the Cavalier. The hotel is under new ownership and management. The entire hotel was in much better condition that our first stay. The staff has made a good effort to make the rooms nicer and more comfortable. The drinks were a great deal. The food was good and at a good price. You just can't beat the location of this hotel for the price.
3 night trip with friends Nov 29, 2013
"Location, location, location"
This hotel is the best price for the location. The room was small but very clean.
Other trip Dec 1, 2013
"Nice location. Can't go wrong with that."
Nice location (13th St and Ocean drive). Parking garage is <2 mins walk. Polite and helpful staff. Low average rooms. Unimpressive. The bed sheets were clean. There was an odd odor in the room but I was too tired to take a note. And yes, noisy room. Very noisy till early hours of morning. But it was still doable. People looking for quite or wanting to impress may want to look elsewhere. But for the price, I might go back there.
Other trip Nov 25, 2013
Mr. A
"worse place ever"
this hotel is run down, a/c never cooled are room, mold in show, nasty curtains and bed spreads. You couldnt get any bottle water or anything to drink if the bar in the lobby was closed. No coffee offered. I would not recommend this place to one person, it was over priced and worse then a dive hotel.
Other trip Nov 25, 2013
Connie
"Ugly hotel..."
The only thing that this hotel has is location....that's all!!!!
2 night trip with friends Nov 14, 2013
"Location, location.........."
There is nothing much to expect from this hotel. For younger couple on a budget and who just need a place to shower and recharge then this will do. The only good thing about this hotel is it's location. Right in the center of all the action on South Beach.
JOR
"crap "hotel""
The thin walls are understandable, hotel was built in 1930's. However the comforters/duvet's don't need to be that old. The really disgusting thing is that some of the staff, (one bald bartender/waiter in particular) are incredibly rude, to the point of ruining my stay... internet didn't work for more than five minutes without cutting out....
appalled
"Not what you're paying for"
Hotel looks nothing like the pictures they have on the Internet it looks like an old apartment in Brooklyn new york
Nina
Very old hotel,not clean and will never stay again.
1 night trip Nov 8, 2013
Alex
The Location was great, but that's about it...
2 night trip Oct 2, 2013
Tammy O'Brien
Great stay! The staff was courteous and friendly! They upgraded me to a suite overlooking the beach. As I departed they gave me a refreshing glass of ice water! Wow ! I will definitely return again
2 night trip Nov 9, 2013
Lisa van den Heuvel
"Wedding Week"
My husband and I stayed in the Cavalier for two days. The rooms were fine. I had no complaints. We asked the check in clerk to put us in a room away from the outside noise and she did. The bartender made the BEST mojitos! The staff was very polite and friendy. The only drawback is the noisy neighbors...the walls are very thin and we could hear everything they were saying.
Other trip Nov 12, 2013
Renee
"Never again"
I really never feel the need to “rate” a hotel, but this was a bad one. Rooms and bathroom is as big as a small box. If you want to get a good night sleep then don’t stay at this hotel, between the beds that were so uncomfortable I felt like my back was broken and the loud music of the club next to us we got NO SLEEP. When I checked in I had to sign a document and the agent went over the document with me and said “well # 2, 5 & 7 don’t apply to you, management recently changed and the new management doesn’t have that rule anymore.” My question to him was, how hard is it to update the word document to reflect the new rules??? He didn’t know what to say. I also asked for beach towels at 9:55 am – “we don’t have any until 10am” went back at 10:15am and he handed me 2 towels (we had 3 in our party) he then proceeded to tell me they had no more. Really it is 10 am and you already handed out all our towels?????? We couldn’t even use a bathroom towel because they are as big as my head let alone my body.
Other trip Nov 12, 2013
"Best bang for your buck on Ocean Dr."
There were many negative reviews about this property and I am glad that I did not let them deter me from staying here. For the price/location, there is no better deal. YOu are on Ocean Dr in the heart of the action for a fraction of the price of other 'nicer' hotels. If you are expecting service or amenities like the Fountainbleau or even a Hampton Inn, you need to set your expectations a little lower. This is South Beach. The hotels are older, and if you desire this level of luxury on Ocean Dr. you will easily be paying 5 times the price of this hotel. DirectTv was standard in the room, they provided towels for the beach, everyone was friendly and the room was clean. No complaints here!
2 night trip with friends Nov 7, 2013
Nicholas R
"fantastic location"
rooms need a major update and cleaning
3 night trip with friends Oct 31, 2013
"Ok"
The staff was very nice and pleAsant but the hotel is very out dated they definetely need to fix it up
Other trip Oct 22, 2013
"GOOD ANTIQUE HOTEL"
HOTEL WAS FAIRLY CLEAN BUT BEDSPREAD SEEM SO OLD THAT THEY HAD A LOT OF LOOSE FUZ THAT GET ON CLOTHES WHEN SITTING ON BED. BUT OVERALL FOR RESTING THIS HOTEL IS OK. GREAT LOCATION NEAR THE BEACH AND ALSO AWESOME RESTAURANTS NEARBY. SERVICE WAS VERY COURTEOUS AND PROMPTLY RENDERED.
4 night trip Oct 16, 2013
"OK for the price."
Friendly staff, broken bed. Classic 'you get what you pay for'. Overall, it was fine and what I expected , again, 'for the price'.
Other trip Oct 22, 2013
Lee
If you are looking for a hotel based on location this is the hotel for you. The rooms are tiny and the service was minimal. For the five days I stayed there they didn't clean my room once.
4 night trip with friends Oct 11, 2013
Denzel Johnson
Hotel is located on ocean dr across the street from the beach and that's the best thing about this hotel. The service was barely decent but the staff was nice. I've stayed at the cavalier a few times because it's relatively cheap and I don't ever spend much time in the room but this was my last time. Entire hotel is freezing cold and there's no wireless signal. Almost all the rooms are suites so you can hear everything in the adjacent room; no sense of privacy. House keeping only came once in the 3 nights that I stayed there. Like I said, it's cheaper than most of the other hotels on ocean drive so I guess I got what I paid for.
3 night trip Oct 11, 2013
A.N.
"hotel on ocean Dr."
the hotel was alright, it was in a great location, the room was small the staff was nice but the room walls were so thin u could hear everything that the person was saying next store to you,it was like they were in the room with us,needless to say i didn't get much sleep cuz of the loud rude ppl next to us, but other then that it was ok. C$
Other trip Oct 12, 2013
C$
Nice staff but dirty and I will never go back again.
1 night trip Oct 6, 2013
Jane
"Nice Little Hotel"
The location on the beach was fabulous! Close to shopping and night life. This hotel was very clean and functional. Old school Miami look, a comfortable basic room for a night a place you would not hang out all day because there is so much to do on south beach. I would stay there again, the price was right. Sincerely, Reyne Carney
Other trip Oct 7, 2013
Reyne
"In the middle of all the Miami Beach Action"
My boyfriend and I stayed for 2 nights due to a trip required for my architectural studio class for my graduate degree. We were there to check out the old Miami Herald Building Site. Anyways, we found this hotel on hotels.com because it was moderately priced and looked alright from the pictures. The guy at the front desk Noel, he was the best! Very personable and ready to help you out to let you know where to go for anything you needed. We had a beautiful room facing the ocean, the furniture is obviously from like the 50's but the room will do the job for a couple nights. They had Direct TV in the rooms, but the bed was a little hard for us and you might want to request a couple extra pillows. We are not too picky so it was pretty nice. However the floor was all tile in the room and a little sticky so bring your slippers. It is located on Ocean Dr. in the middle of Miami beach, we walked to local restaurants for dinner both nights and there was a Starbucks around the corner for our morning coffees. They have a small restaurant and bar on the first floor like most of the hotels do in that area but we never ate there and neither did many other people. But there are great local places and the neighborhood is great, your not afraid to walk around at night or anything like that. We enjoyed our short stay there for sure, Thanks to Noel.
2 night trip Sep 26, 2013