All hotels in Kansas City, Missouri, United States of America
11828 NW Plaza Circle, Kansas City, MO, 64153, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.8
    2.8
    2.4
"Not well maintained"
One of the headboards was off the wall the beds look liked someone had been jumping on them after they were made, there was apparently a shortage of towels for the rooms as well as the pool.
1 night family trip May 30, 2015
Tonja
"Bring your own towels and coffee ..."
We had 4 room at this hotel a total of 9 people and we ask if we could use the empty breakfast area to eat as a family and was told no. Since there was no one in there and we were happy to clean up whatever mess that might be made that was a bit rude considering how many rooms we had rented. 2 rooms had no coffee, and all of the rooms only had towels for 1 person. When we ask for more we were told there were not towels available. Same at the pool, we had 8 people swimming but there was only 5 towels available.
2 night family trip May 29, 2015
Tonja
"mediocre at best"
Ac/heater unit did not work properly. Nice area but the grounds of the hotel itself are not properly cared for. You get what you pay for.
1 night romance trip May 27, 2015
"Room was dirty and staff was rude."
The bathroom in our room hadn't been cleaned. There was a used bar of soap in the shower and it was dirty. When I called the front desk they were rude and acted like I was bothering them.
1 night romance trip May 29, 2015
"Branson Trip"
The first room we were in smelled bad. The second one was much better. The courtesy van was awesome, getting us to where we needed to go promptly.
1 night business trip May 27, 2015
Terry
"Great deal but hard beds"
Overall the hotel was in good condition and mostly clean. I think it's just an old building. We arrived late and the parking was terrible. The staff was friendly and the rooms were decent for the price. The bed, however, was hard as a rock. If you like a nice hard bed, this is your place.
1 night romance trip May 22, 2015
"Convenient, clean, & comfortable"
It provided a great night's sleep at a close location to the airport for a GREAT PRICE. The shuttle was great and the staff was friendly & helpful. I would stay again.
1 night trip May 16, 2015
"$$ not bad"
For the money cant beat it
1 night romance trip May 20, 2015
Aaron
"Not worth it!"
To start with..no parking! Hotel rents parking lot to long term parking for nearby airport. No parking for guests. Waited 15 min for someone to leave just to park. Room was a king bed/smoking room. No ashtrays. Only 1 washcloth in room. Sheets had burn holes in them. Cobwebs all around ceiling. Carpet torn, and not the cleanest. Site lists LCD tvs...had old crt tube style. WiFi was so bad, couldn't keep connection. People at check in seem like you are bothering them. Will never stay here again. Hope this review helps someone who is traveling, and just wants a decent nights stay.
1 night trip May 22, 2015
Wayne L
"Last minute booking"
Had to book a hotel at the last minute after my flight was cancelled. As I was in line waiting for my new reservation, I jumped online for hotels. Chose this one for the price and location. Got there and customer service was awesome. Room ok, toilet ran and it looked a little run down. Breakfast was great and free shuttle back to airport was great.
1 night trip May 18, 2015
Kadesha
"Consider another hotel in the area"
I only stayed at the hotel for one night, but one night was enough! The bed was uncomfortable and the hallways smelled musty. There are other hotels in the area I would recommend before this one.
1 night trip with friends May 16, 2015
brittani
"Plaza Park and Fly"
Hotel was outdated, and in need of a good cleaning in the common areas. Breakfast so very bland and insufficient. This a park and fly hotel, is will make it difficult to find a parking spot.
2 night romance trip May 15, 2015
Darrel
"It was okay"
Room was not the best. Brown spots on the ceiling and other spots, Adv. a waffle breakfast and no waffles, I just feel it needs a lot of care and it is not a 3 star hotel.
1 night family trip May 16, 2015
sharon
"disappointed"
Definitely not a 3 star hotel.
1 night business trip May 16, 2015
"Second time, but probably my last"
Have stayed here before and thought it was fine. This time the room was not cleaned properly, not enough towels, no coffee, air conditioner didn't work all the time, tub wouldn't drain. They did change our room the second night but unfortunately, I don't know that I will stay here again The location is good, close to highway and restaurants.
2 night family trip May 8, 2015
"Plaza Hotel, worth the money!"
When we arrived the elevators were down, but they put us on the second floor, which wasn't too bad. Elevators were up by the next day & operated perfectly. Pool & hot tub both down, as it appeared they were upgrading & painting the area. Both were back up by our last day (three day stay). Hotel staff friendly & caring, which was nice. They do a park & ride with a shuttle to KCI, so parking was a premium during the busy weekend. The continental breakfast had good choices including 4 types of juice. Not too fancy of a meal, but a decent one. It looks like the ownership is working very diligently to restore this older hotel & it does show. If we go that direction for any reason, we would have NO PROBLEM staying there again. If the upgrades & restoration continues, it will be a very nice place. They need to upgrade the TVs & amount of channels in the rooms.
3 night romance trip May 7, 2015
"Nice!"
Has a Titanic feel to it, liked it a lot was surprised about the price, very cool!
1 night trip May 13, 2015
Eduard
"Sleeping on plywood"
Beds hard as a rock, lock on door broken, bathtub drain backed up while showering. There was no place to park for people staying at nite due to it being a park and fly motel will never stay there again!!
3 night romance trip May 7, 2015
"Hotel cleanliness"
The hotel looks as though it used to be nice but is in desperate need of a reno.
2 night family trip May 8, 2015
"Michelle's Stay"
Breakfast was not appealing or satisfying. Showers were never cleaned (i.e. spraying down hair, etc.) during my ENTIRE stay.
3 night trip May 5, 2015
"weird"
Weird
1 night business trip May 3, 2015
"awful"
Dirty sheets. Staff couldn't get anything done or right. Awful breakfast. Never recommend
1 night family trip Mar 27, 2015
"unimpressed"
It was adequate but not worth writing home about. TV had bad signal, bulb in lamp burned out, few skimpy towels, teeny one cup coffee pot with no decaf-----no decaf available at included breakfast. It was a place to sleep, but more for less in other chains.
1 night family trip Apr 2, 2015
Judy
"You get what you pay for..."
Rooms were definitely smoking regardless of how they were advertised. Very friendly staff but I spent a day traveling smelling like an ashtray after staying there. Avoid if smoke bothers you.
1 night family trip Apr 5, 2015
Cody
"BUDGET HOTEL - YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR"
BUDGET HOTEL SO I GUESS YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. THE ONE POSITIVE WAS THAT THE PEOPLE WERE ALL VERY NICE AND ACCOMODATING
1 night trip May 3, 2015
michelle s.
"Rude/Rip"
Selected this hotel near KC airport for clean reasonable, secure place to stay and leave my vehicle while I had to travel for the week. It was advertised free parking with your stay, but they charged me for parking as I was checking out to go to the airport, if I was to leave my car there. They said since I didn't reserve the room directly with the hotel, I had to pay...'You can't have it both ways', he said. Upon checking in I clearly stated I had a vehicle to stay here, and at that time is was 'no problem'.
1 night business trip May 3, 2015
Jeffrey K
"A little disappointing"
This hotel is close to the airport and lends out their parking lot for a park and fly location. Unfortunately, the patrons that park and fly take up the largest portion of the really good parking spots. Staying at the hotel for 4 nights we had to park farther away in the outer parking areas. We were not made aware they were roofing over the pool so the pool was closed most of our stay.
Other trip May 3, 2015
Terri
"Smelly rooms"
Rooms smelled bad. They had an old smell, misty, moldy like.
Other trip May 2, 2015
"Bad experience"
The room was so dirty it was embarrassing. Human body hair on sheets, spider webs in room. Smelled bad like mildew and smoke. Quality of service was the worst I have ever experienced and I am a traveling salesman. Pool area looked like it should be shut down by the health department, and I cannot come up with family friendly words to describe what the hot tub water looked like. Overall experience was so bad I was scared to try the breakfast. When I complained, I was told that I was pathetic, they have been in business for thirty years and I need to get over it. Feel very insulted and would not give them a one star rating, pictures are very deceiving
1 night romance trip Apr 25, 2015
aaron
"One night was enough."
We needed a room close to the airport and this one had a shuttle. As it turned out, that was the ONLY reason to stay at this dilapidated hotel. Even the restaurant was closed down by the Health Department. The bed was comfortable, but the bedding sheets and cover were not that good.
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
Ron
"at check in our room hand to be changed due to con"
Our first room had a door wide open at checkin about 9pm / 10 and smelled of cat pee?! tired we went back to the desk and changed rooms , much better room. Rarely during our 3nite stay did we get ample towels or wash cloths or appropriate soaps , lotions ect... the elevator on our side of the hotel was down the next day and stayed down thru our stay. On the first floor it smelled of septic close by the stariwell doors (leading downstairs to basement). oh never got coffee refills for room . Also going down to "breakfast" i witnessed owner / manager coughing directly at /by food table...We had hoped to eat here and save money during our stay but after that , who could eat the food, along with the stinky smells in the first floor hallways...Basically i was more than terribly disappointed.
Other trip Apr 25, 2015
"Off your list of hotels"
Main lobby man's restroom not working. Still have feces in toilet when i walked in. At least get a bucket of water to flush it out ! Not working sign was on the floor. lights in room with missing light bulb. On off switch of another lamp was not working properly need to be replaced.
Other trip Apr 24, 2015
"Cheap Price = Cheap Service"
Stayed here prior to a dance competition at the KCI expo, they were booked full for the night. Front desk staff was not very accommodating. I had booked 2 rooms through hotels.com and selected pay at hotel, my mom was staying in the other room and they wouldn't let her pay for that room on her own card. Not too big of a deal. I did request a crib for my 1 year old but they were not able to accommodate this b/c they have exactly ONE crib for the whole hotel and it was in use. We did use the pool area and took 1 towel with us from the room b/c I'd read reviews that complained about the lack of pool towels. There were no towels at the pool and when my husband went to the desk to request them they told him they bring them every 15 min. I did see them bring about 5 towels including several hand towels to the pool area which were gone right away. The pillows and beds were very uncomfortable. The hotel needs lots of updating. There was a ceiling tile that I noticed in a hallway that was damaged, later on in the evening it had been removed and there was water leaking on the floor in the hallway, they did have a wet floor sign up. Upon checkin the bath tub in our room was not clean and had dirt in it. Breakfast buffet was unimpressive. My daughter wanted cereal and there were a few bowls next to the cereal, none of them were clean. Overall I did not expect much, we chose this hotel b/c it was cheap.
1 night family trip Apr 17, 2015
Nichole
"DO NOT STAY HERE!!!"
I can't say enough bad things about this Hotel. None of the staff wear uniforms. The lamps are plugged into extension cords. The hot tub looks green & the jets don't work. The Hotel staff aren't the friendliest. The Hotel is old and falling apart. My room was supposed to be non smoking yet the whole room reeked of smoke. The floors felt wet. The bed was uncomfortable. This is NOT a 3 star hotel. I've stayed at nicer motels than this. They play this hotel up in the ads to be a 3 star hotel with the the amenities. Why so cheap then? You get what you pay for. I myself didn't listen to others reviews and I was so mad at myself. I spent $70 on this craphole when I could have went to Motel 6 and had a better time. For the love of man please listen to the reviews and do not stay at this place.
1 night romance trip Apr 19, 2015
"You get what you pay for"
I was on a business trip and didn't want to pay much this hotel is affordable so you get what you pay for. The staff was very friendly only thing I didn't like was they had 2 elevators and 1 was out of service then the other 1 was out of service and mind you we were on the 7th floor. But other then that this hotel ok
3 night business trip Apr 17, 2015
Lorenzo
"horrible!!!! don't waste your money!!!"
Terrible!!! The rooms smell like mildew, wet carpet n smoke...but I had a nonsmoking room??? Toilet would not flush unless u hold the handle down..no washcloths in the room..had to go down n get them. The 2bath towels that were in the room were so dingy..I went to Walmart n purchased my own towel n washcloths!!! And on top of that..."No parking!!!!" Never again would I stay there or recommend anyone..they couldn't give me a rm for free...I still wouldn't stay..a mess!!!!
2 night trip Apr 17, 2015
Kimberly
"Great place"
This hotel was perfect especially for the price. I just needed a place close to my in-service that was affordable. It may be an older hotel, however, it has been updated and was clean and comfortable. Room was nice and big. just no refrigerator in the room, but I was okay to put my bottle of water in the ice bucket to keep it cool. I will definitely stay here again.
1 night business trip Apr 15, 2015
"not awful, not great"
It's fine, for a $50 hotel room. The van service to the airport is excellent and very reliable. It could definitely be cleaner, and little less "dingy" but passable.
1 night business trip Apr 14, 2015
"Deceiving pictures, bad experience"
I would not stay at this hotel again. It was almost impossible to find parking at this place. The staff and accommodations were not great. The wifi was not working most if the time. We had to call 3 times to get sheets for the sofa bed. The entire hotel and room had a smoke smell. Bad experience overall.
Brenda
"Good Value"
We stayed 2 nights and had no problems. The staff was friendly and accomodating. Our room was spacious and everything worked. This hotel shows some wear and tear but they are not charging 5 star rates. If your picky and have lots of money stay somewhere else but if your watching your money and don't need the best, this place is just fine.
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
"Don't look under the beds"
Too tired to check when we got in, but during the trip we found water bottles under the bed, beer bottles on the deck and they did not change our linens until we made them. I have no idea how long they had been using the same sheets. Only put 2 towels for 3 people.
"Not very welcoming"
Each time I had to contact the front desk, they were rude. My traveling got me to the hotel very late and when I gave them a courtesy call they said," we are open 24 hours ma'am" and hung up.
Other trip Apr 16, 2015
kelly
staff was very helpful, pool was nice, room was just average
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
"Hotel need major remodeling rooms are old."
Very honest staff I fodgot my computer in the room when I checked out they call me to let me know. Very honest and nice staff.
Other trip Apr 12, 2015
joe
"Horrible"
Tremendously poor. Room smelled musty, sheets were dirty, nowhere to park, poor customer service, dark, dirty and dreary.
Other trip Apr 7, 2015
We went for a quick weekend in KC and weren't at the hotel often. We were worried since it was close to the airport we would hear planes all the time but we didn't hear one plane and it was pleasantly comfortable in the room.
Other trip Apr 5, 2015
"Horrible"
The bed was a broken sleep number bed, the water would not drain out of the tub so we stood in 6 inches of water to shower, spitballs were on the ceiling, floor wasn't vacuumed, complimentary shampoo was used, breakfast was AWFUL! Eggs were cold, waffle iron wouldn't work, silverware was dirty. Don't stay there.
Other trip Apr 4, 2015
mn lover
"Hard Bed"
If you require an extremely hard surface to sleep on then this is the place. Bed felt like concrete slab. I stayed the full 3 days since I agreed to a 'no refund' clause.
Other trip Apr 3, 2015
"Good Value"
Pool and hot tub were clean and warm, staff was great and breakfast was delicious.
"Smells bad"
Was really disappointed and wish I would have paid more attention to the reviews of this place. Parking is a problem due to the number of "park and fly" customers that also use the lot. People park anywhere they can find a spot including fire lanes. The hallways smell like a Febreeze overload, obviously hiding something. The room had a smell that I think was mold....triggered my sinuses draining like crazy. There was water damage in the corner of the room. Some of the tiles in the shower looked like they had fallen off and were randomly glued back into place. The owners appear to be putting minimal money into keeping it running.
Other trip Mar 28, 2015