All hotels in Kansas City, Missouri, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here11828 NW Plaza Circle, Kansas City, MO, 64153, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.9
    2.9
    2.5
"World Series visitor"
I stayed at the Plaza twice in the past ten days and have no complaints at all. The hotel is a bit threadbare in places, but the room was very excellent and the complimentary breakfast was very good. All of the employees were cheerful and attentive.
Other trip Oct 30, 2014
"calm and comfortable"
The management tries its best to make it comfortable for clients. They are very friendly. Hotel is away from down town so be prepared to have your rented car
4 night family trip Oct 23, 2014
Mohammad
"surprisingly nice"
We just stayed overnight to catch an early morning flight. Staff was friendly and helpful. The driver was very gracious and happy at 4:15 A.M. We left our car in their parking lot which was nearly half the cost of parking at the airport. The room was clean, inviting and comfortable. I'll stay here again. The price through Expedia was awesome!
Other trip Oct 28, 2014
Catherine
"Yuck! Stay away!"
This hotel was so awful. We were booked for a one bedroom executive suite and got a one room king with sleeper sofa which would clearly not fit 4 adults, but we were with our kids. We were told HOTELS.com booked us for a lesser price, so I'm assuming that's why we got stuck in that room. The sofa bed would only open halfway before it would hit the bed, so they told us we could rearrange the furniture. We could also hear voices coming out of the vent in the shower clear as day. Don't stay for the breakfast. The fake milk was watered down and so were the scrambled eggs. The sausage was cold and the lines were ridiculous because of the small space. There was hardly anywhere to sit and they closed it down an hour early. If you REALLY need a place to stay, this will do, but you should save the money and stress and just stay at a MOTEL 6. The rooms may not be as spacious, but at least you definitely know what you're getting. I will never stay here again.
1 night trip with friends Oct 25, 2014
Jlee
"Plaza Hotel"
Awesome price for an overnight stay! Although the breakfast could have been better, I had a great time!
1 night trip Oct 25, 2014
"Understaffed"
Appeared that one girl was doing everything...desk clerk, breakfast clean-up, airport shuttle. Lobby restroom had no soap or towels?
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
Sandra
"OK for the price"
I occasionally stay at the Plaza Hotel because it is close to my office. It is a worn, dated hotel, but seems clean and the price is good for the area. My only complaint is that the beds are badly worn out.
1 night business trip Oct 21, 2014
BJ
"family outing"
I was Leary after reading the aweful reviews this motel had but we booked and stayed it was wonderful. The people were extra nice and even gave my daughter a bday surprise. We will definitely stay again!
2 night family trip Oct 17, 2014
s
"Plaza Stay"
Had a bathroom leak from the top floor.
2 night family trip Oct 18, 2014
bryan
"This place needs help!!!"
The condition of just about everything looked in disrepair. It was like the last time anyone did any maintenance was 15 years ago. Paint peeling, liquid nails was used as grout on tiles, the toilet in my room was not totally fastened to the floor, the was a bug in the sink, the windows did not close all the way (the lock was adjusted so you could lock the window), the shades and draperies were fraid and were starting to shred, the control for the bed did not work, the restaurant didn't have the first 3 entrees I wanted and more. The staff was very pleasant and helpful.
Other trip Oct 23, 2014
ezrastorm
"tub didn't drainand the air mattress bed would not"
will never go back there place was a dump, was supposed to stay 2 nights. Left day earlier because room was crap. Air didn't function properly.
Other trip Oct 23, 2014
steve
It was just awful - the bed sank in the middle and the room had an odor. Only stayed one night instead of the four - had to change hotels it was so bad.
Other trip Oct 18, 2014
"Maintenance & care needed!"
There was one very old, course, twin size blanket with holes in it in the closet. We had a king size bed. There was no blanket on the bed, at all, only a sheet and the bedspread. The people were nice, and tried to find another blanket, but after quite a long time, they were only able to find another twin size blanket that was just as bad, except it didn't have holes in it. This looks like it could be a very nice airport hotel, but in seriously in need of maintenance and attention.
1 night trip Oct 15, 2014
"Not bad at all"
The breakfast is really good. It has eggs, sausage, lots of fruit, waffles, etc. The hotel is a little old but not in a bad way. My room had a few cosmetic problems but the bed was comfortable and the room was really clean. The shower and bathroom were nice. To be honest, I got this for so cheap and it was nice that it wasn't a run down hotel, just an old "nice" hotel. I have no complaints.
Other trip Oct 16, 2014
Wes
The toilet kept running so my friend and I knew how to hook up the chain so we didn't have to hear it running in the night. We then told the front desk about it in the morning.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
"Great Hotel, with fast WiFi"
This was a great stay at the hotel. I love the service and how it is family owned. Granted this isn't the BEST hotel. I say it makes up in the family service, and the ideal price. Plus their WiFi is really fast!
1 night business trip Aug 16, 2014
Christopher
"you get what you pay for and more."
I read the previous reviews that were not very good. For 60.00 these people seem to expect the penthouse of the Hilton with a butler. Come on, this is a great place to stay, older hotel that was very nice in it's day but has some wear and tear now but still very liveable. The service was good and the breakfast and restaurant in the evening was good. For the money this is a great stay, right next to the airport with shuttle service if you need it. I spent 4 nights here and will return in the future.
4 night trip Oct 2, 2014
H.Carter
The room was nice but the facility was not well maintained. The breakfast eggs and sausage were cold. One employee was tasked with getting breakfast and checking out those of us who had early flights to catch. Too much for one person to handle!
1 night business trip Oct 3, 2014
Not a good experience and the owner/manager was extremely rude. I would never suggest this hotel to anyone. The place smelled badly and there were numerous issues.
2 night trip Oct 2, 2014
Hobie
"Don't stay here"
This hotel smells bad and the beds are uncomfortable. It looked dirty. don't let the price fool you.
Other trip Oct 7, 2014
Terrible Hotel. I would NEVER stay there again. The beds were hard on the ends and sunk in the middle. The confortor was stained. I was extreemly dissapointed. It took over 20 minutes to check in. Only one person at the desk while four others just stood around. The lobby smelled of greesy fried foods.
1 night trip Oct 4, 2014
"Not good..."
Dirty, stained, bed cover, window drapes, bath towels and carpet. Only one wash cloth in room and it had a stain on it. No ironing board in room and iron had something melted to it. All wood furniture was warped and trim falling off. Window drapes stained from window leaking. Room infested with ants. Electrical outlets broken and coming out of walls. No mini fridge or night stand clock. HVAC unit cover was off and filter clogged. Felt like I was in the Bates Motel... I should have gone camping...
"Don't bother"
Dirty bedding, broken plumbing, dirty dishes. Yuk yuk yuk Won't stay here again!
Other trip Oct 7, 2014
"Older Hotel - Bought out - Trying hard to Improve"
This is an older hotel that has been bought out and the owners and employees are trying hard to renovate and improve. It was very reasonably priced and very close to the KCI-Expo - walking distance.
3 night business trip Oct 2, 2014
Ann
"Needs renovation"
Room needs upgraded. Stayed on 1st floor and room was not same as room had previously on 2nd floor. Mattress very worn out. Carpets ripped. Cannot believe the difference in rooms from one floor to the next.
1 night business trip Oct 2, 2014
"2 thumbs down"
Bugs in the room. The cheapest quality towels that felt like sandpaper, the cheapest tissue and toilet paper. Breakfast was poor and the 'napkins' were bathroom dispenser towels. Had to stay there because most of my usual hotels were booked, but never again. To the Plaza owners: costco sells great TP, napkins and tissue. That alone would improve your guests stay. Oh and only 1 elevator in a 7 story hotel.
1 night business trip Oct 4, 2014
Marc
"Dirty Hotel"
Our room had some holes in the wall, stains on the floors, a dirty toilet and some gum or something like it on the base boards. Our room wasn't very clean but we aren't the type to complain to the hotel. We wouldn't stay here again.
1 night family trip Oct 4, 2014
"Cheap stay."
Staff was friendly and accommodating. My only complaint was the parking, as this property also sells park and fly, and makes finding a spot to park your car difficult.
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
"Great price, clean room"
I only wanted to spend a short night at a hotel close to the airport. I stayed in an executive room, which included a microwave and a fridge. The bed was comfy, the room was clean, and everything worked. It was a pleasant, quiet night and I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.
1 night business trip Oct 3, 2014
"Relaxing weekend"
Staff was friendly. I enjoyed the Breakfast that came with the room. I loved the hot tub, and the pool, but when I went to dry off, the towels had huge holes in them! The room was nice and clean. very relaxing atmosphere, and I would return for another stay.
1 night romance trip Oct 3, 2014
jeffrey
"Staycation"
The place was extremely shabby but clean. The walls in the unit were a bright olive drab which made the place appear very dark. The television in the bedroom was a big old tube television and the flat screen in the living room was small. There were three people in the front desk area when we checked in and it seemed we were disturbing their conversation. We tripped on carpets because they were bowed in the middle of the room. BUT -- the place was clean and spacious. Good inexpensive place to crash, but we wouldn't go back.
2 night trip Oct 2, 2014
"Not impressed"
Outdated and not very clean
1 night family trip Oct 3, 2014
"This was a disgusting hotel!"
We arrived at the hotel in the evening and as we walked into the hotel it smelled awful. We got to our room on the 3rd floor and it stunk and we were developing headaches. The hotel staff found a new room on the 3rd floor and it was 84 degrees in that room. We were sweating and the air conditioning didn't make a difference as it was coming out warm from the a/c unit. The fix-it guy walked in, took the filter out of the a/c to make it work better and then came back again with a fan to make the room cool off faster. The temp of the room came down to 82 within an hour. We packed our stuff and decided to leave. We were told by the hotel staff that they had another room on the first floor with 2 queen beds. My husband and I have 7 kids and live locally. We were just wanting a night out. We have a king bed at home, so a queen bed would be ridiculous. We went to the side and talked about it. A few minutes later we approached the front desk and told them we would take the queen room and they told us they already sold it. They asked if we would like to go back to the sweltering room so we went to the side and talked about it again. They guy ran up to the room, checked and the temp was 78. After talking about it for a few minutes, we regrettably decided to take the sweltering hot room because they told us we would not get a refund for our night's stay, so we again approached the front desk and lo and behold, that room had been sold. We left. Never got our money back.
Other trip Oct 3, 2014
Herman
Hotel was nice and good price, only problem I had was the bathroom. It needed maintenance.
2 night family trip Sep 23, 2014
"Night with someone special"
I loved the room and the outdoor area. The bed was very comfortable. The hotel is a little run down, but for the price, I was very pleased. I didnt like the rules on no breakfast brought back to your room in the AM. It was very quiet. I enjoyed my stay.
1 night trip Sep 27, 2014
"excellent honeymoon"
The only complaints we have are, lack of shower pressure from the shower heads, no hotel information in the rooms and no remotes to control the beds.
4 night business trip Sep 21, 2014
Bender
"Bad Experience"
Hotel needs complete overhaul. Outlet hanging out of wall in room, bare wires showing. Heater in room, knobs stripped so could not be adjusted. Hotel staff was notified that there were lumps in the milk on the breakfast bar and they put the carafe back on the breakfast bar and said it was OK.
Other trip Sep 25, 2014
Fred
"Will not stay again."
Overall the stay was not great. When I sat on the bed and lift my feet to lay down I rolled into a whole in the middle of the bed. The pillows and the bed was horrible. Bedding was wrinkled. They moved us to another room which was not much better. The hotel bar was not stocked.. Did not have this or that. Liked the convenience of the park and fly.
1 night trip Sep 17, 2014
P. Buck
"The parking sucked...but otherwise it was fine."
Minus one star for the poor parking situation. The provide long term parking for the airport, which means you are fighting for spaces constantly. The air conditioning in our room wasn't the greatest, but it was fall so we just left the patio door open and it was nice enough. Our room had SLEEP NUMBER BEDS!!! One didn't, but the other one did!! It was totally awesome!!
2 night trip with friends Sep 19, 2014
Aimée
"You get what you pay for!"
Hotel was nice. Fairly clean. Very close to the airport. The breakfast was free and you get what you pay for. It was so-so. The room was fine, except for a few ants in my bed and the nightstand. It wasn't bad for the price.
Other trip Sep 23, 2014
Barry
"Fine little hotel"
Easy location, Clean rooms, the indoor pool & hot tub were fantastic after a long day. Breakfast was a little lackluster and the shower drained slow but enjoyed the stay with a large group of friends. Preferred the Hotel bar next door at the Sheraton, but liked our room rates.
2 night trip with friends Sep 19, 2014
"It was ok"
location was fine, price is OK. the hotel is in need of some repairs.
1 night business trip Sep 19, 2014
Wayne L
"Could have been better"
The clerk who checked us in was alright. He ran my credit card to cover incidentals. We came for morning breakfast, wanted some waffles. Waffle iron was off/unplugged. Attendant wasn't around but there was still batter available for the iron. Some of the fruit was very low in stock. Tables in the dining area needed cleaning. It was about 8:30 or 8:45, but the breakfast area should have been kept up better, even near the end of breakfast. Housekeeping came by while we were in the room. We asked for a fresh set of towels, soap and shampoo. She was short one washcloth and gave us a very soiled bath towel. It was disgusting. When we checked out, the clerk on duty didn't give me a receipt showing they didn't charge me for incidentals. Told me I got my receipt from Expedia, who I booked my room through. He told me so with a mouthful of breakfast. The room was okay. It was non-smoking. I used the rest room about 2 am and it smelled as if someone had just smoked a cigarette in the rest room. Not sure if a smoking room shares ventilation with our rest room, but it wasn't pleasant to smell in our non smoking room, #139.
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
Mickey
"Very nice hotel in Kansas City, friendly staff"
My first trip to Kansas City. The Plaza Hotel was very nice. The staff was very friendly and accommodating, to my requests. The room, that I stayed in was very nice, as well. The restaurant/bar area was great and they served some really good food, as well. I also liked the concession stand area, that they had in the hotel. Definitely would stay there again.
Other trip Sep 21, 2014
"Cheap, but disgusting!"
Thank goodness I only needed to sleep there for about 5 hours. It was just an icky motel. I would have never stayed there if I had my husband or kids with me. I just needed a place to stay near the airport for a 24 hour trip. Booked through Expedia hotel/car combo. Cheap, but bad hotel!
Other trip Sep 21, 2014
Registration staff suggested we take our rental car back the night before our early-morning flight which we ended up doing. They sent a shuttle to pick us up and then we took the shuttle the next morning to catch our flight. Had we waited until the morning to return it we may have missed our flight so this was an excellent suggestion!
Other trip Sep 19, 2014
Larry & Kathy
"I do not recommend this hotel."
Poor service, poor room condition. Urine on bathroom wall.
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
world traveler
"Great Stay!"
My husband and I went to KC for a weekend getaway. We're always skeptical about staying somewhere new. We were greeted politely as soon as we walked in and helped right away. The guy behind the desk offered us directions and answered our questions. Our room, although had some water damage in the corners, was large and comfortable. The bed was amazing! Breakfast was nothing special but it's free and there. The only complaint I had is that the pool could have been heated up. Close to the airport, cheap parking if you need to leave your car while your gone (free while you stay at the hotel), anda short 15 minute drive to downtown. I would definitely stay again!
2 night business trip Sep 13, 2014
Jessica Allen
"You get what you pay for"
All-in-all this was a good stay. The hotel was not as clean as I am used too, mostly around the pool area. The beds were very, very comfortable. The breakfast was very minimal, but it was free. I am glad I didn't pay more than I did for this hotel.
3 night trip Sep 12, 2014
"Good for a quick stayover"
Several family members stayed here for 1 night while in the KC area. It is very convenient to the airport and they were quick to arrive with the shuttle when I called. They were having some internet connectivity issues when I arrived but other than that, everything was in working order. Beds seem really hard at first, but they do sleep comfortably. Hotel is due for a renovation, but it isn't run down or anything. It was clean and comfortable. Kids enjoyed the indoor pool, especially since KC was having a cold snap while we were there. We didn't stay for breakfast so I cannot comment on that. Lobby is nice. Staff was friendly. Overall, no complaints.
1 night family trip Sep 11, 2014