All hotels in Overland Park, Kansas, United States of America
6801 W 112th St, Overland Park, KS, 66211, United States of America, ‏‎866-539-8122

"so so"
the hotel lobby elevator and hallways were freezing. the bar was way understaffed as there were a lot of people waiting on drinks
2 night business trip Nov 12, 2014
"Out of town soccer tournament stay"
Reviews said the bathroom was small but it is extremely small.You could take a shower from the toilet. Bathtub was not in very good condition. Room is big and comfortable. Breakfast was not great. They couldn't keep things stocked and all we ended up eating was a bunch of different breads. It was an average stay but it wasn't in as good of condition as other Hyatt Places we have stayed at before.
1 night family trip Nov 1, 2014
"Good hotel but understaffed."
Hotel was pretty nice for the price but it was completely understaffed from 6am into noon. Any morning questions, check out, etc, at the front desk took at least 20 minutes and the person at the front desk answered phone first and made customers in line wait and wait and wait. There was only one person at the desk. Only one person in the kitchen too so there was no silverware in the morning. If the morning kitchen and desk staff was doubled from 2 to 4 the hotel still would have been understaffed. The staff worked very hard but were overwhelmed.
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
"Nice hotel for a business traveler"
The hotel was quiet and comfortable. The complimentary breakfast was satisfying and saved me extra time and money versus going out to eat. I liked the sofa, desk and mini-fridge in the room so I could relax at the end of the day without having to lay on the bed. I will definitely stay here again.
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
Jill
"Hotel needs an complete overhaul."
Outdated facility, short on staff, no ice machine/vending machine on the first floor. about he only thing positive was the breakfast bar. Beds need to be throw out and furniture replaced throughout. would not stay here again.
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
Sonny
"Older hotel but still not bad"
This is an older hotel and you can tell. It was clean and the staff was friendly. The breakfast was the same each day and from my previous experiences with Hyatt Places, that is not normal. All in all, nice place, convenient and friendly staff.
3 night trip Oct 19, 2014
Breakfast was good but the coffee was TERRIBLE. The coffee looked like tea and when another quest and myself mentioned it we were told it was fine.
3 night trip Oct 17, 2014
Mjh
"Nice hotel close to the interstate"
Hotel was nice. Close to lots of shopping and food but also close to easy interstate access.
Other trip Oct 21, 2014
Jordan
"What I expected"
Stayed with family for a wedding. Booked two rooms, and were assigned different floors b/c didn't check in at the same time. Hotel clerk was able to get us on the same floor though. Breakfast was okay. Coffee was good. Room was clean and comfortable. Kids were disappointed pool was outdoor, so closed due to season. Nice also that check out wasn't until noon. Overall, satisfied.
1 night trip Oct 11, 2014
Very impressed ... Beds were not as comfortable as we wod have liked.
Other trip Oct 19, 2014
Beautiful hotel!
2 night family trip Oct 10, 2014
Josephine
"Not like the St. Louis Haytt Place"
We stay at the Haytt Place in Chesterfield (St. Louis) all the time and love it. This hotel was much older and while it didn't look bad, it wasn't the greatest. The main issue was the water pressure or lack of. And the water came out scalding hot on any setting from any sink or shower. The main bathroom was a toilet with the shower. It was so small that you couldn't get dressed in the bathroom with out almost falling in the shower or the toilet. Beds were small even for myself and my 9 yr old son. The hide a bed helps but with 4 people, the room was still tiny. It did have the largest TV I have ever had in a hotel. 50". The breakfast buffet was also just okay. Nothing super special but seemed like your heat up and serve meal. Staff was great but the hotel just needs some love.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
"Clean"
Great breakfast.
1 night romance trip Oct 5, 2014
jason
"Great hotel but disappointed with shower."
This was a very nice hotel, too bad the showers were so cheap! The shower head was crusted with scale and the pressure couldn't get water to the back of the shower. Truely disappointing. The stash was great and the breakfast was really nice.
1 night romance trip Oct 4, 2014
"Enjoyable stay"
We enjoyed our stay. The breakfast was really good. One curious thing - the coffee cups in the room were not protected by plastic and had finger prints on them.
2 night family trip Sep 30, 2014
"Good enough"
The hotel was a lot smaller than it looked in the pictures. The bathroom was very small and I also found a good amount of lint on the sofa. Overall it was an okay stay for just one night.
1 night trip Sep 27, 2014
Dezarai
"Mediocrity at its best"
Our room would have been great for one person in town on business. For two it was a bit crowded. What we liked (1) the location of our room was right near the exit (2) good work area (3) comfortable bed (4) a comfortable area for entertaining. What we didn't like (1) tiny closet with a handful of hangers and difficult access (2) no drawers into which to put clothing (3) television didn't work well (4) low water pressure in sink (shower was OK) (5) room cleanliness was OK, not great (5) heater/AC very loud (6) breakfast was barely OK when you could get to it. Very disorganized. Plates were over the middle of the line, for instance, utensils at the beginning. I couldn't get a cup of tea on our second day. (7) the staff tried to be helpful, but there is one person at the front desk doing everything, including helping out with breakfast! Lots of other medium to low priced hotels in the area. Try one of those.
2 night trip Sep 26, 2014
Doug
The hotel was extremely clean. Smelled fresh as soon as you walk in. The room was beautiful.
1 night trip with friends Sep 27, 2014
Margaret Joy
I had a very nice stay in Hyatt place metcalf. Staff was very cordial and food was awesome.
Other trip Sep 26, 2014
"Hotel is all around great!"
Will definitely be staying here again and again!
2 night trip Sep 19, 2014
Rachel
"Nice place to stay."
Very nice hotel, I have no complaints. rooms were big and very clean. great pillows too.
Other trip Sep 25, 2014
"Who's been sleeping in my bed?"
Although the hotel itself appeared clean, and the breakfast was great, the linens on the bed did not appear to be clean/washed, and the pillow cases actually had smudges on them. Glasses used in the room were not washed or exchanged for clean ones during the daily "service" in the room. I wanted to ask for clean sheets the first night when I opened the bed, but my companion dissuaded me from making the complaint. The linen/laundry service could definitely use an upgrade.
4 night trip Sep 18, 2014
"Hotel in good location."
Hotel needs updating. Rooms were large except for bathroom. Free breakfast was above average in qualtiy and variety. Good rate for the condition. Staff helpful and responsive.
Other trip Sep 23, 2014
"Will definitely be back!"
Was hesitant to book a rm in KC, KS since we were visiting college campus in KC, MO but am so glad we did. The hotel is so comfortable (great beds too), clean, safe, and easily accessible that it was well worth the 20 minute drive back to campus in MO. Hotel is highly recommended!!
2 night family trip Sep 19, 2014
"a quick visit"
location was great; room was comfortable and quiet. The corridors and rooms are in need of new carpet; wall paper; paint and freshen up. starting to have the worn out look. I think the 6 year warranty on what people see is UP !!!
3 night trip Sep 18, 2014
gordo
"4 Stars"
Upon check-in, we received a tour of where the amenities were located. During breakfast, the staff got us refills of our beverages and took our dishes for us. We had two double beds in our room. The room size was great. The beds were comfortable. The bathroom, on the other hand, was so small you could not shut the door while sitting on the toilet. The shower was approximately five inches away from the toilet. The room is plenty big enough for the bathroom to be enlarged.
Other trip Sep 23, 2014
"Great place to stay!"
Everything was great except the breakfast I had tomato juice that was out of date, as well as a few pieces of fruit that were not any good, like they just added to the previous day's supply with fresh fruit.
2 night business trip Sep 18, 2014
Kimberly Bishop
"Nice breakfasts"
Friendly staff, nice hotel. Enjoyed the stay. Busy hotel, plenty of parking
Other trip Sep 20, 2014
siva
"Great value, low cost"
Nice hotel for a very reasonable cost. Clean and well kept. Nice beds and bedding. Comfortable sofa and desk area. All of the necessary amenities, including a refrigerator, bar area, computer power and connections, wifi, etc. Safe part of town. Good complimentary breakfast.
Other trip Sep 19, 2014
guest
"Good value if you get a deal"
Got a good discount for booking 2 nights. Breakfast was great but crammed for space. Checking in the room keys didn't work and had to get manually let in to the room. Front desk lady was not friendly and appeared to have no clue what she was doing. Maintenance and assistants were more than helpful and actually offered a apology for the inconveince. Overall good stay for the price but wouldn't want to pay full price.
"Not bad"
Overall our two nights here were not bad for the price we paid, but will not stay here again. The room and bed were comfortable and clean. The breakfast was not great. Wish they had more options for "on the go" like muffins or bagels. When checking in, it took almost 30 minutes. Many excuses were made, but we finally got our room. No vending machines, $2.50 for water at the front desk seems extreme for this type of hotel.
Becky
"Not Accommodating"
Our room was warm, stuffy and had a weird odor when we first walked into our room. The air conditioner/heater was not working properly. We were only able to get the heater and fan working. The cooling part of the air conditioner did not work. Before unpacking we asked if we could change rooms but were told that they did not have any available rooms. Someone from maintenance did come to look at the air conditioner and told us he thought it was working and then he sprayed an air freshener. The odor was so bad that we went to Target to buy a bottle Febreze Air Freshener, which seemed to help. Luckily the temperature outside was not too warm so the fan was okay, but not ideal. We have stayed at other Hyatt Place locations and have always had a great experiences with accommodating staff but that was not this case at this location.
1 night trip Sep 6, 2014
Shower didn't work
2 night trip Sep 12, 2014
"Fine hotel, needs to work on details"
We stay at Hyatt Place brands all the time, and this one was just a bit off. Had some cleaning issues in the room (hairs in shower, dirty cups, etc.) and the staff was just a bit off. Almost gave my partner and I a dirty look for having 1 bed instead of 2. Hotel is in a good location, close to food and many things to do, so that's a plus.
2 night trip with friends Sep 12, 2014
"Horrible service!!"
Stayed two nights, took an hour to check in, seemed front desk had no idea what was going on. Got room and air conditioner outside room kept turning on and off, kept us up all night, complained and got nothing in return. Next night got a note advising we could ask for there ear plugs, obviously they knew there was a noise issue. Breakfast was alright but the cook was very slow at refilling anything. Room was never cleaned, upon check out wasn't even asked how my stay was just seemed like a bother to staff. Seemed like since I got a hotels.com rate they didn't care anything about me. Wouldn't recommend nor stay here again!
2 night trip Sep 12, 2014
"Hyatt Place Overland Park"
Very nice place! The room was comfortable, spacious & very clean.
Other trip Sep 15, 2014
Paula
"Decent"
Average hotel stay. When I arrived there was no one that was able to check me in because the one lady who could was "out on a shuttle run." Would have thought any of the 5 other people working could have done that to allow her to stay and check guests in... Room itself had an odd, almost musty smell and there was a wet spot on the floor at the end of the bed. For the price I would have preferred to stay elsewhere but no other hotels had availability
Other trip Sep 11, 2014
The room was clean and well laid out. The shower was excellent. The hotel staff was very pleasant and did a great job. The location was easy to get too. The Breakfast was a little above average for this type of amenity. Would stay there again.
3 night trip Sep 5, 2014
"Really enjoyed my Stay"
I was really HAPPY with my stay and surroundings. The rooms was clean and even though pets was there they didn't bother us. I'm so looking forward to going back and this will the place I will stay.
3 night family trip Sep 5, 2014
Tawanda Harris
"Jackhammer AC"
Our AC unit started making a LOUD jackhammer sound around 11pm. I went down to the front desk to inquire about relocating to another room or at least a fan so I could turn off the AC. They said they were booked solid and they had no fans, sorry. I then called their 1-800 # and they eventually offered to move us across town to another hotel! but I was not moving 3 kids that were sleeping in the middle of the night and not knowing exactly where this hotel was even located. After this I returned to the front desk and asked that the manager on call be notified suddenly, miraculously a room became available, I was so mad by this point that I moved my family to the new room and managed to get a little sleep. I will NEVER stay at this hotel again, and we are in the KC metro approximately 10 weekend a year for soccer tournaments. I will be taking my services elsewhere.
1 night trip Sep 6, 2014
"up-to-date, friendly--everything we needed"
I was on a short business trip and just needed a small room close to the areas I needed to visit. The location was perfect, close to I-435 and in a quiet, clean area. The complimentary breakfast was hot and fresh, with many good choices. The room, however, was the most impressive. 2 good sized comfortable beds and a very spacious front room with a large sectional pull-out sofa. We could have had a big slumber party there! Would definitely choose to stay here again.
2 night business trip Sep 5, 2014
call-me-kate
"Ok"
The staff was friendly but seemed to be poorly trained or just learning. Whatever your need such as check in or buying a cocktail it took two to three people for the task to get accomplished. Bfst selection was excellent as to food selections.
Sre
"Great, but..."
We had a great stay and the staff was friendly. But, the carpets had been recently shampooed I guess, because the whole carpet was wet. I guess it wasn't dried out which was inconvenient.
Armentrout
"Looks nice until you look under the hood"
Walking into the lobby the hotel is very impressive but after check in it started to go down hill. The elevators were not clean and a little scary. The hallways were dirty and had a funny smell. The room also seemed nice at first glance but the carpet had a few stains and the toilet was not in the best shape (seat was broken and toilet was not fixed to the ground). The breakfast was also very simple and not very appetizing. The hotel staff was stiff and not very attentive. Would spend a little more and go somewhere else next time.
2 night trip Sep 5, 2014
"Excellent Place to Stay!"
I was pleasantly surprised by the room size. My husband and daughter and I booked this hotel for a weekend in Kansas City for a Chiefs game. Upon arriving the hotel staff was very pleasant! When we got to our room we were very surprised by how large the room was. The bonus was a sectional couch with a big TV! There was plenty of room to relax and watch tv without having to sit in bed to watch TV! I would really recommend this hotel to anyone with kids needing a room with extra space.
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
Christy
"Good location, poor customer service"
Had to wait over an hour to check in, but received four drink coupons. Room was really nice and clean, but the sink on the wetbar backed up during the night. Told them at breakfast that it was backed up and they sent maintenance up right away (we had two rooms side by side and both backed up). He said the sink would have to be snaked after draino did not work, and said we would have to move rooms. This is at 9:00 am. I was told it would take 30 min to an hour. After an hour and a half, went down and was given the run around about only having three housekeepers and was told it would take another hour. At three we were given the key to one room and it took till almost 6 to get the key to the other room. It was obvious the woman working the counter did not want to do any extra work to make our stay nice. The gentleman that was working the desk was trying, but it still did not get done. It really ruined the entire day for our family and we were not able to go do everything we wanted to do for the day because we were in limbo at the hotel. When we checked out we did receive vouchers for two free nights, but I don't know if we will use them. There is another Hyatt a few miles away and I think I would pay a little more to stay at that hotel.
2 night family trip Aug 30, 2014
Sean
"Beds"
Everything was great. Queen beds where a littler than the than one week have at home.
1 night trip Aug 30, 2014
Hyatt
"Not the typical Hyatt experience"
First they were offering a cheaper rate upon check in than when I booked and didn't know how to make the adjsutment. The staff seemed experienced and not service orientated. They seemed understaffed as we had to wait in line to check in, no one was covering the service counter (multiple times we tried). Breakfast was supposed to be out by 7 a.m. and it wasn't. The beds in our room squeaked every time we moved - keeping us awake most of the night. The room was not as clean as we usually expect in a Hyatt and perhaps just a bit older of a facility. We will NOT stay at this location again. A mile down the road is a MUCH nicer experience.
1 night trip Aug 29, 2014
Great pool area ,staff exceptionally friendly ,breakfast choice poor ,good WiFi
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
"Pretty good overall"
The hotel was really nice the staff was courteous and the free breakfast was more than I expected. The only complaint I had was that the whole time we were there about 2 days and I night they never came to clean the room and fix the beds. But overall all it was a pleasant experience.
1 night trip Aug 23, 2014