All hotels in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States of America
521 N Fort Lauderdale Beach Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL, 33304, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

1.7
    2.2
    1.7
    1.4
"Run down and dirty"
The hotel is run down and dirty bit it's across the street from the beach and next to the Hilton. They're tearing it down sometime this year. No wonder
Other trip Feb 13, 2015
"The hotel is close to the beach across the street."
The hotel needs a complete overhaul the first The first room had a hot water heater in it and the carpet smell the second room had roaches the stove on the side of the stove was completelyrusted they made one bed and not the next oneThe only good thing about this hotel is the fact that it's across from the beach
Other trip Feb 12, 2015
Good location to beach and boardwalk, hotel needs work
Other trip Feb 12, 2015
"Worst hotel I ever stayed at!"
Hotel is awful condition, smelled like mold, they never had fresh towels when we asked for it, just horrible experience would never recommend it!!!
Lili
"They sell ruined rooms for very high price."
We were given very terrible room absolutely different from what we booked online. We had to cancel second night and broke our vacation, because there were not any available rooms in near hotels. We came back home instead joy our weekend in Fort Layderdale.
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
Iryna
"Find another place to stay"
This place was the worst hotel/motel I have ever stayed in without a doubt.
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
AJ
"Horrifying! Disgusting!"
Hotel supposedly being purchased by major company. Kind of explains why it hasn't been updated in 15 years.
Other trip Feb 5, 2015
scott
"Don't do it"
Not at all as it appears. Depressing. Overpriced. Really disappointing.
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
"Worst hotel I've ever stayed in."
My title says it all. Wouldn't book this hotel for my dogs.
Other trip Jan 31, 2015
Tommy
"Roaches, snot & stinky room"
Room was horrible and check in staff was the worst with nasty attitude. Roaches, stink and flat out disgusting. But two days later (5day stay) they fixed the issue. I asked about a room transfer complaining about the situation, a kind Irish older woman gave the best customer service and took care of the reservation by sending me to their sister hotel next door. The other hotel was cleaner, basic and old but very accepatble. When I was in the lobby, a city code enforcer was looking for a permit for the wooden fence facing the ocean. Staff said building is getting demolitioned and new company was building a new resort. No wonder owner doesnt care about remodeling and most of the staff/owners don't seem to care, though some are really nice! If you wanna book something somewhat decent look elsewhere, like next door, a bit more/day but worth the extra cash. Trust me!
Other trip Jan 27, 2015
concerned trave
"short sweet and clean."
The hotel service was excellent. The people were very personable and helpful. Avalon waterfront was very clean. But the only issue was the room carpet was old and there were cracks and peelings on the ceiling in the bathroom. The pool was nice and clean though. The TV and phone are outdated, but for the type of stay I was there for that didn't matter. One great thing is their Wi-Fi. I hope this review was useful.
1 night trip Jan 23, 2015
Latisha
"How is this hotel on Expedia?"
I know Expedia has product managers that've actually go to and inspect the hotels that are within their product. I do not understand how this hotel got past and is still being featured on Expedia's website. This hotel is worn down, and one of the dirtiest hotels I've been to in ages. The conditions of this hotel are deplorable. While the location is directly across from the beach, there were no views. And for $154 spent for a one night stay, my only reward was taking cockroaches home with me. I've seen better at inner-city hotels in bad neighborhoods that charge weekly and monthly rate.
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
darren
"YUCK"
HORRIBLE & GROSS room!
1 night trip Jan 16, 2015
"Inexpensive hotel right on the beach"
This is definitely the best of the less expensive hotels that are right on the waterfront. I am going to stay here in the future instead of where I was before, a block away.
Other trip Jan 24, 2015
John, retired
"Beware!!!"
Dirty beds, dirty floors, dirty walls. Overall disgusting. Beware!!!
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
"Nothing like the pictures."
My friends and I rented a room at the Avalon waterfront hotel for my 21st birthday. Online I chose the option for a room with two queen beds and a full kitchen. When arriving to the hotel they informed us there were no rooms with two queen beds, so instead we had to sleep on double beds. The first room they gave us was horrible. The door had no handle inside so you couldn't even close it. And the kitchen had no oven. They moves us to another room with an oven which wasn't much better. When we went into the bathroom there was an unflushed toilet and an opened soap bar, like the room hadn't been cleaned, yuck! Called hotel staff and they came, threw out the soap bar, and left. There is no comforter on the beds. Only one sheet and when calling to ask for more sheets they said there were none. When we first got to the room there were no towels, told them we needed 4 and they brought 2 and said there were no more. The room was dirty and smelled bad and the hotel staff does not care. I would never stay there again, glad to be home!!
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
amanda
Horrible furniture, ugly decor, zero security. Only the location was good. don't bother.
Other trip Jan 17, 2015
RaudyG33k
"Dirty and sheets where dirty carpet was dirty"
nice location but very dirty place not enough pillows no remote for tv not enough towels carpet dirty sheets dirty bed uncomfortable hard time locking front door
Other trip Jan 13, 2015
Patrick
"Horrible"
It was horrible and dirty out dated
1 night romance trip Jan 10, 2015
"Location"
The location of this hotel is its best asset. Its not the nicest, but for the price and location, you cant beat it.
Other trip Jan 11, 2015
chris
"It is what it is."
This place is what it says. It worked fine. Lets not act like we thought we were going to the Westin.
15 night romance trip Dec 21, 2014
"Shocking"
Our room was so disgusting that we left straight away and did not spend the night
Other trip Dec 28, 2014
not happy
"Discusting"
I didn't stay. When I entered the room I peft right away. It was discusting.
1 night family trip Dec 23, 2014
Ebrahim
This hotel was awful. The rooms smelled awful and the chair had holes in it. There was no lights except one lamp.
Other trip Dec 24, 2014
"Bad place to stay"
Staying at this property was the worse experience I ever had. The city of Fort Lauderdale is not doing there job. I will contact the health dept.
Other trip Dec 16, 2014
active traveler
"Dirty, rundown hotel close to the beach."
Worst hotel I have ever stayed in. The chair in the room had stains on it, the ceiling had stains, the door had spaces between the floor and ceiling, it felt dirty, rundown, and yucky. The bathroom decor was from the 70's, but it was at least clean. The bathroom window was open and the screen was bent and broken. I would never stay here again, it was terrible.
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
"The beach was beautiful."
Hotel needs a lot of work. Nice terrace for sitting out side. Staff was accommodating and helpful. I wasn't real pleased with the bugs in the bathroom or the tub that did not drain.
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
ava
"Awful Hotel"
This was by far thee worst hotel experience I have ever had. The room was disgusting and the staff was terrible. The first room we were given was so gross that we were afraid to touch anything, and the bathroom door didn't even close. When we asked for another room we were given one that didn't even have beds in it! It just had bed frames! We were then just given the first room back. The lady at the front desk was rude and acted like we owed her an apology. We ended up not even staying there because we were afraid to sleep on the bed. Awful place! Do not stay here!
1 night family trip Dec 13, 2014
Jeri
"Only get what you pay for"
Stay away! Rooms smell, beds looked like they were stuffed with straw, pillows were crappy. Needless to say we immediately checked out and stayed somewhere else. The location however is great. The owners have a location the with a lot of potential, they need to spend some money to clean up the place!
Other trip Dec 12, 2014
Lori
"Nothing great, but cheap"
I've been to this motel twice now. The staff is super helpful and nice. Motel is in a great location. Nothing fancy at all but clean and kind of homey with the big front porch. Can't beat the price.
Other trip Dec 2, 2014
"Close to beach"
Cheap and affordable, but just like people say.... You pay for what you get!!! very uncomfortable and old.
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
"Disappointing"
Hotel Staff very rude, facilities on bad condition, dark, dirty
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
"shabby old hotel"
No heat, blankets were covered with sheet to hide there nastyness, no refrigerator, had to pay $10 for parking that was not on website. ..will not go there again.
1 night family trip Nov 28, 2014
"Nice view..but you can get that from the sidewalk"
a total bum room....surprised at Expedia for even having them as a choice
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
disgruntled w/
"Do not waste your time, you cannot get it back!"
Pictures were NOT current. Place was terrible. Looked like a frat house, no offense to frat houses, I was scared. It was that bad. We played name that stain for hours. Couldn't get money back, so we were stuck there. The location was the only good thing.
"Avalon"
Okay hotel in good location. Very run down. Not for a family trip but maybe a few guys looking to hang out. Price was good with the exception of the weekend. No frills no problems and full bar very close
4 night trip with friends Nov 12, 2014
Fred
"not what it seems"
Staff was very unhelpful and the condition of the room and hotel was less than desired. The pictures on the website in no way reflect the actual condition of the hotel. I was very disappointed
1 night trip with friends Nov 15, 2014
Wade
"hole"
nasty
5 night trip Nov 5, 2014
matthew
"Terrible experience."
There is no wifi in the rooms as advertised and as it is in their front sign. Old furniture. Old and noisy A/C wall unit. My room was in a different building, at the back. One good thing..... location (across the street from beautiful Ft. Laud. beach).
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
Roberto
"Classic bait and switch"
The online pictures made the hotel look acceptable. The reality: No hot water for three days - they gave me a 15% adjustment - hardly adequate; in-room internet was too weak to work; roaches; no ice machine
Other trip Oct 26, 2014
JD
"Awful!!!!!"
Cheap. Dirty. My room did not even have a door handle. Had to grab the dead bolt and lock it to shut the door. Bath room door would not close. Giant hole in wall repaired by stuffing toilet paper in it. Just nasty.
Other trip Oct 24, 2014
Cockroaches in the room, bedsheets not entirely clean with some stains and room smelled. Very unpleasant experience.
Other trip Oct 24, 2014
"You get what you pay for...."
Not a pleasant hotel. Old and dirty. Bad housekeeping. You get what you pay for. Close to the beach though
Other trip Oct 17, 2014
"I never will back to that hotel"
It is an old, or oldest hotel at Fort Lauderdale, room is really nasty, kitchen appliances are old and don't have maintenance, you must pay $ 10 every night for parking in an open area without security, gardens don't have maintenance and look very ugly, door lock is really unsecure. Please delete that hotel from your list.
2 night family trip Oct 11, 2014
jorge
"Terrible"
The attendant was very nice! There was no where to park and while I was trying to park a police officer was notified about a terrible incident that occurred. I saw the room and it smelled like old metal. The fire alarm needed a battery and the room smelled old and moldy. I decide not to stay and left. I could not get my money back because it was no cancellation on expedia.
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
"Run down, dirty, disgusting motel"
I knew I was in for a surprise when the clerk who checked me in recommended I go to the room and make sure everything worked. It had been a long day of travel and I didn't want to deal with cancelling my reservation and finding another place to stay, so I endured. This motel is very run down, tired, and in need of serious renovation. The door to the room would not close unless the deadbolt was locked (using a standard household key). The bathroom had broken tiles, very little cold water, large stains on the mirror, and a shower that was either off or scalding hot. The carpet was absolutely filthy. The furniture lacked knobs on the drawers, which was probably best given what might be living in them. The blinds on the rear windows did not close so I could see the motel across the courtyard day and night (and they could see me). To add to the excitement, I was bathed in the warming glow of a vending machine all night (which wouldn't accept dollar bills). All in all, this is the dirtiest, most run down facility I've ever seen or stayed in. Unless you're a college student wanting a dive in which to party, I highly recommend avoiding this place. I definitely would not bring my family to this establishment.
Other trip Sep 30, 2014
Dirty
1 night business trip Sep 18, 2014
"Just No - Location is not worth it"
I arrived late around 12:30am and was not expecting what I walked into. The front lobby does not look anything like what the pictures show. Perhaps I was in a completely different location but it was nothing the same, rather falling apart, dirty and old. This hotel is extremely out dated and in dire need of upgrades. Parking for this hotel is really sketchy as they have spaces available down an alley that has huge potholes and bumps. It's quite scary even though the staff member ensured me it is safe..... I didn't not have a great comfort level. As for the room, it was a complete disgrace. The carpeting was so dirty, the furniture looked like it was so old the upholstery was falling apart, the bathroom was smaller than any hotel bathroom I have even been in and appeared to be very dirty. One of the dust ruffles on one of the 2 beds has some dirty or rust marks on it which made me question if the sheets were even clean. I did not end up staying here as the state of the room made me really uncomfortable and I felt like if I did stay, things would eventually crawl on me. With the location being the only positive part of this hotel, I would NOT recommend this place to anyone I know.
1 night trip Sep 12, 2014
"Horrible period"
Worn down and unsanitary. Doors dont lock. Rugs stained worse than a crime scene. AC broken. Room was so bad I went to another hotel.
Other trip Aug 31, 2014
Cone
"Great Location..."
Fantastic location across the street from the beach. Nice pool and a covered patio area with a nice view of the beach. Reasonable daily parking fee. Staff was friendly and helpful. Door and locks could use an upgrade as well as the AC unit.. For the price ... it was great.
2 night trip Aug 21, 2014