All hotels in Florence, Italy

"Comfortable hotel close to everything"
We stayed at the Hotel Laurus two years ago and when we returned to Florence, we immediately made reservations to return to the Hotel Laurus. The hotel is close to the train station and within walking distance to the Duomo, Uffizi, Ponte Vecchio and shopping galore. Breakfast is served in a rooftop dining space with a view of the Duomo and there was a nice selection of breakfast choices to start our day. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Florence.
Other trip Sep 13, 2014
Judy
"Great location to walk to everything"
Great location, beautiful area, Duomo unbelievable - rich in history and culture
3 night family trip Sep 4, 2014
"Great Florence Location"
Enjoyed the stay at this hotel. Great location just off the piazza. The staff was helpful and very friendly. Room was clean and comfortable. I'd certainly use this hotel again.
1 night trip with friends Aug 12, 2014
Perfect location! Nice hotel but the bed was not comfortable
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
"Excellent hotel"
Love this hotel, modern facility, clean, super friendly staff.
1 night family trip Aug 28, 2014
Many thanks to the staff for their help and direction. This was our second visit to the hotel and would stay here again if we go back to Florence. The staff presented me with a small bag of candy because I was unsuccessful in finding it in the stores in Florence. They are very thoughtful and accommodating to those who stay at their hotel.
Other trip Aug 27, 2014
"Great hotel and location"
The room was excellent along with a great street view to watch the hussle and bustle of night life in Florence. Great hot breakfast as well in the morning on the 6th floor terrace.
Other trip Jul 30, 2014
"good choice in Florence"
I chose the hotel because it was rated well, had king beds and was close to the Duomo. Other than that it was all a pleasant surprise. Nice room, nice people, good location, good breakfast.
Other trip Jul 22, 2014
Rich
"Fabulous find on hotels.com"
Really enjoyed our 3 night stay. Room was spotless, very comfortable and perfect location right in the centre but only a 7 minute walk from the central train stn. Breakfast on the rooftop patio with a view of the Duomo in he mornings was lovely. Romina at the front desk was extremely helpful finding a vegan restaurant, Le Fate, for us which was the best vegan meal we've ever had! Would definitely recommend the hotel and the restaurant.
3 night family trip Jul 11, 2014
Debbie
"Hotel in Florence"
We stayed here while visiting Florence. It is well located for shopping and sightseeing and restaurants.
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
"fantastic personnel and service"
this is a great hotel to stay. The Front desk people were great, the location, the cleanliness. We strongly recommend it.
7 night family trip Jun 14, 2014
Haim
This was one of the nicest hotels we stayed in during our 3-week trip to Europe. We level of cleanliness and comfort was top-notch.
Other trip Jun 18, 2014
"Great service and location"
The hotel was ideally located and the service by Fabio was outstanding. He was an invaluable resource in offering dining tips and helping us with our luggage, arranging taxi service, etc. The rooms were comfortable, but the shower was quite small and the bed and pillows a little too firm for my American taste! The rooms are not luxurious, but certainly comfortable and clean. The one drawback was that ours was near the front hall and staircase for the building, thus it was noisy as other occupants came and went at night.
3 night family trip Jun 3, 2014
Mamma Bear
"Wonderful Hotel!"
The staff was great! I had emailed them prior to our arrival that my daughter would be joining us and they gave us a room with an extra bed in it for just a nominal fee that included breakfast! The breakfast was good with a nice selection. The beds were comfortable. Steps from the Duomo and central to all areas of town. We all enjoyed it. Would definitely return.
3 night trip May 30, 2014
Cindy
"Perfect Location in Florence!"
Great hotel, very close to train station and must see sights. Top Designer stores in same neighborhood. Service was excellent, room was very clean and bathroom was very spacious with plenty of hot water. Air conditioning was fabulous which was not the case in our other hotels in Rome and Venice. Adjacent coffee bar was perfect way to start each day and terrace bar offered good view, great wine and attentive/knowledgeable staff. Would definitely stay again and highly recommend!
4 night romance trip May 25, 2014
Linda M
"Paying for location"
The location of this hotel is ideal. It is two blocks from the Duomo and a quick walk to any of the major points of interest. However, you can definitely do better as we had other friends staying near us. Breakfast room is very nice with a terrace. Our room had a terrible musty smell which we complained about but they insisted they couldn't smell anything. They were nice about it, but I had to personally buy room freshener because it was so overpowering. Although that was disappointing, it wasn't the end of the world and the staff were very friendly. I just think you are not getting the bang for your buck
Other trip May 29, 2014
The hotel was in a great location. We ended up walking everywhere from there. I would say the breakfast is expense for what they offer but that was the only negative thing. Room was great size and clean.
2 night romance trip May 20, 2014
"Very convenient location."
You get what you pay for with this hotel. They don't have the best amenities but comfortable enough. The restaurant has a patio with a vey nice view of the cathedral's tower. Our package included a free breakfast and they serve a complete, delicious breakfast buffet. The customer service is excellent. I wouldn't mind staying again on this hotel. This hotel is just 2 blocks away from the train station so don't you don't need a taxi. We did because we didn't know and we were overcharged maybe because it's so close the cab driver added more than what was on the meter.
Other trip May 27, 2014
Glenn & Adel
"Very nice hotel with great location"
The hotel was excellent and within walking distance to all the major sights. Highly recommend it.
Other trip May 17, 2014
"Central location in Florence"
Very lovely location, very central in Florence. Breakfast was wonderful! Lavish, excellent food.
Other trip May 12, 2014
cj in texas
"Highly recommend!"
This has to be one of our favorite placed we stayed on our honeymoon. The room was very nice (wood floors!) and clean, with a great big window (which opened, but was double-paned to keep out the noise) looking out on the main street- we could see the duomo, which was perhaps 75 yards away. They offer you a free welcome drink in their bar, which has a great scenic balcony. Unfortunately we didn't take advantage of the balcony because of the cold, rainy weather, but I'm sure it's wonderful when mother nature cooperates. There are several good restaurants nearby, and though all of them are "touristy", it's nearly impossible to escape that in a city such as Florence. Overall, a great place to stay.
2 night romance trip Apr 27, 2014
Caitlyn
"Hotel Laurus al Duomo"
The hotel was great! The staff was very helpful and friendly. We were disappointed that the room had air conditioning, but we weren't able to use it because it wasn't "the season" according to the staff. The nights were cool enough to sleep with the window open, but our room faced a noisy street.
Other trip Apr 30, 2014
"Good experience."
Rooms very, very clean upon check-in. They may use a vinegar solution to wash the bath towels as I smelled a small trace of vinegar on them. The shower shield was too short and small. I had to keep manouveuring myself to minimize the amount of water that will end up on the floor :( However, florence hotels are extremely expensive and for what we paid we got a good deal. Overall the room was clean and comfortable. I would stay there again.
Other trip Apr 26, 2014
peggy
"Absolutely wonderful!"
We stayed at the hotel for 3 nights and couldn't have asked for a better location or friendlier staff. It was close to all major sights and the rooms were clean and comfortable. Would definitely stay here again!
3 night family trip Apr 14, 2014
"Convenient, Clean, Close to Duomo & Train"
Walking distance to everything in Florence. Surprisingly nice room. Nice to have a cafe attached to the lobby in addition to the terrace for breakfast. Flaky WIFI. Noisy street, but only a problem if you want the window open. AC only in summer months. I was there in April and it wasn't hot enough to require AC. Having the window open was nice (but loud). When the window was closed it was quiet.
4 night trip with friends Apr 10, 2014
"Our family vacation"
I have been to Florence many many times and stayed in different hotels. I really got fortunate on this trip to find this hotel and get to stay at it. i traveled with my son, mom and sister. It’s always difficult to stay at a place that can fulfil different age groups. but by far this was the best place to stay for all of us. literally walking distance from the train station, walking to Duomo and all important sites. In the center of Shopping (good for me) and around a ton of different restaurants and coffee/wine bars. So we really had the best of the two worlds. The staff were very kind and helpful, rooms very clean and just made our trip really something to remember for a long long time.
2 night family trip Mar 29, 2014
Bita n
"Ibrahim"
Very nice and quite and clean hotel, service as we'll very good . The staff is very honest and helpfull. I recommend it also as it close to train station and in very good place .
2 night business trip Mar 25, 2014
Ibrahim
"Great price and location!"
Great service, location and price.
2 night trip Mar 10, 2014
Roger
"close to both the train station and Il Duomo"
I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Hotel Laurus al Duomo. It was easy to find, central to restaurants and shops, and close to many of the major sites. The staff were friendly, competent and spoke fluent English. The room was small but comfortable, and the hotel was clean. I would definitely recommend it.
3 night trip with friends Feb 7, 2014
Janice
"Super location - average hotel"
There is nothing specifically bad about this place. Everything is OK but nothing excels except the location which could not be better for the price. I did not eat there because there are too many good places to eat. The room is the smaller European type. Nice people.
1 night trip Feb 6, 2014
Tony D.
"Excellent location"
2 minutes from the train station, 2 minutes from the Duomo. By the way, there's next to this hotel an excellent restaurant who serve delicious food typical of florence. The name of the restaurant is Osteria dell olio and it's located in: Piazza dell olio 10r I will definitely choose this hotel when I go to florencr again!!
Other trip Jan 29, 2014
Rani
"Great Honeymoon Stay"
Everything was fantastic at Hotel Laurus al Duomo. The location is incredible and the value is great. My wife and I were there for three nights and had no complaints at all. The wine bar upstairs is well worth a visit as well.
3 night romance trip Jan 4, 2014
Chris DiLorenzo
"Nice hotel great location"
We stayed at Laurus al Duomo for one week with our 28 yr old son and his girlfriend and we all found the hotel to be charming and the staff wonderful. Thank you.
Other trip Jan 3, 2014
"Excellent Hotel with a great location."
Location couldn't be better. Rooms were clean and no noise from the street level thanks to the double-window. But noises from your next room neighbors could bug you a lot, so the hotel needs to something about it.
Other trip Jan 3, 2014
Diana
"Attractive, Professionally Staffed."
The rooms (we had two different ones - a "room with a view" and a "junior suite" - were handsomely appointed (as good as or better than some 4-star business hotels in which I've stayed), very neat, and, clean. The staff were friendly, professional, and helpful. The only (minor) negative was the weak wifi signal in some corners of the suite. The breakfast buffet meets the needs of the American and Continental traveler, and the evening wine tasting is well stocked and the staff knowledgeable. Two minutes walk brings you to the Duomo or the Medici Chapel; of course, no other Florence site is much further than that! We saw Rome on this same trip, and, while I would think twice about returning to Rome, I would eagerly return to Florence and Hotel Laurus al Duomo.
1 night romance trip Dec 27, 2013
Steven S.
"2 days in Florence"
Very good, hotel staff was nice, room was spacious, locatin is good, 5 mins walk from train station.
Other trip Dec 23, 2013
Gracie
"location - location"
Our stay at Hotel Laurus al Duomo was excellent, it was close to everything. museums, train station, shops and restaurants. Staff was very friendlyand courteous. Breakfast was super. Thank you we had a good time.
4 night trip Nov 28, 2013
Martha Ocavb
"Nice little hotel"
The hotel was what I expected after reading all the expedia reviews: a small hotel, very well located just back of the Duomo so all the attractions were close and walking distance, the staff of the hotel very helpful. The room was very small but just fine and in the little balcony I could enjoy the view of the Duomo. The only inconvinience we had was that the water of the shower was cold the first morning when we got up a little bit late, just before the closing of the breakfast time.
Other trip Dec 4, 2013
oriana
"Close to train and Duomo"
While the location of this hotel is great (close to the SMN train station, Duomo and Central Market), there were a few things about the hotel that rubbed me the wrong way. The sheets on the bed were stained when we first arrived to our room and there was a very foul smell that lingered in the shower. The faucet water also had a foul taste and smell. Our bed was very hard on one side, and concaved a valley in the other. On the plus side, the staff was very friendly and helpful, and the breakfast was decent.
2 night romance trip Nov 17, 2013
Brookman
"Very Nice Hotel"
Only thing we didn't like were the pillows. Everything else was great.
2 night romance trip Nov 13, 2013
"Clean hotel, great location"
Out of all the hotels to choose from online, I can't believe I lucked out and chose Hotel Laurus al Duomo! The location is great! Close to train station and Ponte Vecchio in other direction. Seeing the Duomo as soon as you walk out the door was fabulous. You can also see it from the roof terrace, a great place for a relaxing breakfast or glass of wine. Also, if you get alittle lost, all you have to do is find the Duomo and you will know your way back to the hotel. I chose the hotel because other reviews noted how clean it was. The room was spotless, including the bathroom, updated and modern. Only thing I can sugguest is better lighting in the bathroom to apply makeup, but there is a magnified makeup mirror which helped. Plenty of closet space! Maids were very nice. Front desk very pleasant and accommodating. Would definitely stay there again. Oh, and there is a great cafe right downstairs! For anyone looking for a place to stay while visiting their child while studying in Florence in the Duomo area, this is a great hotel.
Other trip Nov 15, 2013
Robin
"great location in the center of old Florence"
We spent five nights at the hotel Laurus al Duomo in early November 2013. The location was ideal--in the center of everything--two blocks to the Duomo, and relatively short walks to all the other major sights. the hotel was modern and clean. the included morning breakfast was way above average with a room and terrace overlooking the duomo. staff was very helpful and the rooms were modern and well furnished. Short walk to the train station (you really don't need a taxi).
Other trip Nov 12, 2013
Larry and Julie
"Very nice hotel"
I would highly recommend this hotel. It is a 5-minute walk (straight up the street) from the train station and is one block away from the beautiful Duomo. The staff was very friendly, knowledgeable and quite helpful in recommending things to do and making dinner reservations. The room was clean. The only drawback was that our view was of a side of a building which had scaffolding on it, BUT it didn't matter since you never wind up staying in the room unless it was to change and sleep. They include a buffet breakfast, which was fine to start the day, and had free wi-fi. We were also able to leave our luggage in a storage room after we had officially checked out since we had a few hours to kill (to do some last-minute site-seeing, shopping) before we had to catch our next train. I would return!
Other trip Nov 3, 2013
Joycie
"excellent location, close to Duomo"
This was my second stay at this hotel. It is very clean and the beds are very comfortable. But the winning point is the location. Stand at the door of the hotel and look right, you see S. Maria Novella. If you look to the left, there is the Duomo. It is definitely where I stay in Florence from now on and recommend to friends.
Other trip Oct 21, 2013
Eni
"Excellent location in central Florence"
Just steps from Il Duomo, this hotel is a great place to experience central Florence. The room was extremely quite at night considering its city center location.
Other trip Oct 21, 2013
"my visit to Florence"
i visited Florence for only one day, and stayed at this hotel, the room was very comfortable, the bed very nice, two different spaces , one the bedroom, the other like an small living room with a sofa, a tv, the mini bar, etc. they offered us a wellcome drink in the terrace . The breakfast was superb, and the view at the restaurant marvelous. what else can i say. i really enjoyed my short visit to Laurus al duomo hotel.
Other trip Oct 15, 2013
"Grat hotel, great location"
This was a great choice of hotels in Florence. With all the choices it helped to hone in on a location. laurus al Duomo was a perfect location for us to explore all of Florence! The staff was warm and accommodating; they helped us get last minute "skip the line" tickets to the academia, stored our bags when we arrived hours before check-in. Breakfast was a very nice variety of choices. The room was modern and clean. We didn't have a view of the Duomo from our room, but we didn't spend much time looking out the window so it did not matter. In all we were very pleased with our accommodations at Hotel Laurus Al Duomo and would definitely stay there again.
Other trip Oct 15, 2013
Betsy
"Expensive, but comfortable"
Good size room and large, although very firm, bed. Our room did not have much of a view, but others did. Great selection of wines in the rooftop wine bar (same room used for breakfast) and the appetizer platter we had was delicious. Breakfast was crowded and staff had trouble keeping up, but overall nothing objectionable besides the rate. Felt like we overpaid, but our trip coincided with the World Championship bike race and we were unable to find anything else.
Other trip Oct 8, 2013
"Excellent hotel with a great location in Florence"
From our arrival through the enitre stay including checkout, the Hotel Laurus al Duomo staff was pleasant and very attentive. The room was up-to-date and showed few signs of any wear and tear. Breakfast was included in the room charge and we enjoyed that as our start to each morning. The hotel aslo has a Wine Bar open in the evening which had a menu with more options than a normal "bar menu". In fact, we ended up having our evening meal there out on balcony on multiple occasasions enjoying the sunset views as well as the view of the Duomo just down the street.
Other trip Oct 7, 2013
We were very disappointed with this hotel. When we arrived for our stay, we were told that, despite our advance reservation, they did not have a room for us because there was a bike race in town and they chose to fill the hotel with those associated with the race. The bellman then walked our bags through the streets to a new "comparable" hotel. The replacement hotel was so much better than the Hotel Laurus al Duomo, which we had stayed at the previous year. We will now be staying at the Hotel De La Ville for all future stays to Florence.
1 night romance trip Sep 23, 2013