All hotels in Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
172 W Adams St, Chicago, IL, 60603, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Given the wrong room! Deserve a refund or credit!"
Pretty disappointed... I paid for and reserved the FANTASTIC and was placed in the WONDERFUL room which is a teeny tiny space... I didn't realize I had been jipped until I researched when I got home. Very disappointed that I completely overpaid for this cramped space... especially when I was trying to make the weekend special.
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
Jamie
"w"
Very comfortable, good amenities, top of the line service. Waiting area is upscale and very pleasing to the eye, and the room was tranquil. I will be back!
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
Quincy
"Great service"
Excellent service, clean room just a ridiculously small bathroom.
"Happy customer means a returned customer"
I really enjoyed myself...a really classy place with classy employees....I look forward to staying there again...
1 night romance trip Feb 7, 2015
Ed
"Excellent hotel"
Overall a great experience. Rooms were specious and had nice decor. Lobby area is also nicely put together. Staff is also very helpful. Would definitely consider staying here in our next visit.
2 night romance trip Feb 6, 2015
"Weekend"
Valet was slow and uncommitted. At one point they left our car parked outside the hotel for 30 minutes, unlocked.
1 night family trip Feb 8, 2015
"Great hotel!"
Great stay, great staff and good location!
1 night trip with friends Jan 29, 2015
Brent
"Not what I booked!"
Well what I thought I booked was a separate bathtub but instead I got the combined. I realize that it wasn't that when I walked in the room but the night manager made up for it . The manager accommodated me in letting me choose another room and then sent up champagne with strawberries for my birthday. I just loved the thought of that!
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
"Hotel Style"
The W Hotel was a lot darker, sexier, and contemporary back in the days. Now it's too beige and conservative. It's lost it's edginess. Overall the hotel was great if you didn't have anything to compare to the old W style.
1 night trip with friends Jan 18, 2015
Rosemary
"Disappointing"
Front desk check-in took thirty minutes despite having three people working and only six people in line. Cable didn't work, messaging didn't work, it took multiple calls to get both fixed. The room was tiny, WiFi was extra, bed was rock hard, room was by far the noisiest I've had in years of travel. The location is good but less stylish and lower cost Hotels within a couple blocks are much, much better values unless you are silly enough value style over substance.en knock yourself out.
Other trip Jan 14, 2015
J M Nickey
"perfect location"
Perfect for an overnight business trip
1 night business trip Jan 8, 2015
mike
"Beautiful hotel."
In town for a wedding, rehersal dinner held at the W. Beautiful hotel with graeat service. Would stay here again!
2 night trip with friends Jan 2, 2015
"adequate, but not impressed."
Very confusing check-in. Had to hunt down valet, no doorman, no front desk person present. Where was everybody? The room was clean and overall fine. The bathroom is right next to the bed, which is a little awkward. Service was good. Valet parking is $49/night. Use Spothero app to pay half that price.
2 night romance trip Dec 28, 2014
"Great stay in Chicago"
Great staff and great location. Excellent service, really happy that I stayed there.
Other trip Dec 27, 2014
"Not impressed with club vibe"
This hotel has BEAUTIFUL old-world architecture inside but has been cheapened by the disco balls hanging in the lobby. This is for sure a "boutique" hotel. The location is great for site-seeing. The rooms are modern and nice. Our bathroom needed some cosmetic attention though. The paint in the corners of the bathroom was bubbled and peeling and the door needed the inside pull replaced. The elevators are hideous in their design! They are way too dark for the hologram décor on the walls.The elevators almost have a "black light" affect. To me it would seem very unnerving for anyone who is claustrophobic on any level.
Other trip Dec 12, 2014
"Beautiful place!"
Everything was great!
1 night business trip Dec 6, 2014
"mediocre at best"
We had booked a king size bed, and were given only a double. The hallways were a bit dingy, and there was only one robe in the room, and the TV did not work properly. Considering the price of the room, it was a disappointment.
1 night romance trip Nov 29, 2014
"Not as great as expected but still Enjoyed it.."
The staff was very inviting and helpful. The hotel itself was gorgeous. Only problem we experience was the room stayed extra hot all weekend, which made us uncomfort while there. Great city and place.
Other trip Nov 22, 2014
Britt
"good hotel"
Quick business trip with easy walkable access to key business districts - cab to good food. Great beds. Great desk service
Other trip Nov 21, 2014
Lee
"nice hotel in downtown chicago"
really nice room, location accessible to downtown events, bathroom a little too cozy [read: small]
Other trip Nov 21, 2014
ray
"Typical W fair"
Nice hotel. Typical W fair. Liked my room a lot for being small. Happening bar on first floor. Can hear the L though at night in your room if you are on the back side of the hotel.
Mitch
"Waiting at the W Double charged 4 parking"
i was booked twice for my car parking and still haven't gotten a refund. Paid 125.98 for one night of parking. Took eight hours of emails and calls and still not fixed. The room wasn't ready when I got there at 9:30 pm, so they told me t wait and they had to fix it.
1 night business trip Nov 8, 2014
cynthia
"Small Rooms, OK Experience"
The staff was friendly, but the room was awfully small. The barhroom fits just one person standing at a time - that's how small it is!! There was no coffee in the room, or free coffee in the reception downstairs - as the description stated it would. The location is great, but I was expecting more for the price we paid.
1 night trip with friends Nov 1, 2014
Ana Cynthia
"1 night in chi"
Felt more like an Aloft room, really small space considering Im 6'5". Great location tho and wasnt terribly expensive.
1 night trip Oct 31, 2014
hotel was disappointing. i was expecting higher quality.
Other trip Oct 23, 2014
"Beautiful hotel right in downtown"
Came to play tourist for the weekend after working hard in the suburbs all week. Very modern, clean, upscale and comfortable....walking distance to train, shops, restaurants, and a short cab or bus ride to Lake Michigan, Navy pier, Ogden point, Aquarium, Planetarium and Field museum.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
anonymous
"Great service from the hotel staff."
I mentioned at check-in that it was our 1 year anniversary and the staff sent a gift to our room and did everything that they could to make the stay exceptional.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
Bret
W Hotel in downtown Chicago was very nice. Room was quiet, clean, modern and comfortable. Bathroom was a little on the NYC tiny size.
Other trip Oct 10, 2014
bird girl
"Wife's birthday"
Very nice. But need a microwave in the room and a mini fridge you can use. Free wifi with stay.
1 night romance trip Oct 4, 2014
Mizell
"Family time"
We were in Chicago for a concert at United Center. It was convenient to step outside and have valet hail a cab. Rooms were small but very clean and comfortable. Would definitely go back.
2 night trip Oct 3, 2014
"okay"
I tend to be sensitive to noise at night, from hallways, floors above, and climate control mechanics, and this hotel passed for a good night sleep. This is, of course, probably the most important thing in a hotel, so...But my key card was repeatedly disabled, and I had to go to the lobby often to get the card functional again, sometimes waiting in line behind several other people either checking in or checking out or other. Staff was functional but never felt as though I was well attended to. Husband was a little turned off by some of the design elements (e.g. back-lit "inspirational" billboard in the room and little cloth dustbags for the extra roll of toilet paper) but his taste runs to the more strictly functional anyway. Toiletries were not refilled, and there was only one bar of soap for the sink and the shower. I had hoped that once we moved the sink soap to the shower, housekeeping would have added a new one for the sink. No such luck. I suppose two bars of soap is wasteful, but...
Other trip Oct 4, 2014
"Great location, beautiful hotel"
Beautiful, comfortable room, although small. Didn't use the minibar - crazy high prices! Appreciated the concierge service. Great location!
2 night trip with friends Sep 12, 2014
Pamela
"Great hotel location"
The hotel was in a great location, near public transportation and popular landmarks, because of the location in the financial district getting around on the weekend was easy as there wasn't much traffic. The rooms are smaller but updated and trendy, avoid the in room drinks they will cost you a fortune. On the day we arrived, Some of the towels in our room were dirty and there was some hair on the tub that didn't belong to either of us, other than that the room was clean. A new shirt of mind seemed to disappear during the day while we were out, but I suppose it could have been left on the bed and mixed with the linens upon cleaning. The valet parking was very convenient though pretty costly, $63 per night.
Other trip Sep 30, 2014
lacey
Over priced and a few items did not work properly.
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
"A very tight fit!"
When walking in the front door, I thought I must have taken a wrong turn. The lobby was very small and the pathway to the reception desk was not well marked. I thought I may have come in a service entrance or something, but no, it was in fact the front lobby. When I checked in I was told that I would need to wait for my room to be cleaned, though the room was pre-paid and I had arrived around 9 PM. 10 or 15 minutes later I was given the room key. The size of the room was crazy small. The bathroom was a bit of a joke. The shower is so tight that the shower door hits the shower head when you open it. The toilet is in front of the sink, so you kind of have to lean over the toilet to see in the mirror properly. I would not recommend staying there, especially for over $250 a night. Hampton Inn or similar hotel would be a much better choice.
1 night business trip Sep 20, 2014
C O
"Nice Hotel for the Price..."
I would say that this was a nice hotel for the price. However, the rooms were incredibly small and the walls were paper thin! We could here someone in the next room snoring! The staff was incredible, we just wish the rooms were a little bit bigger and a little more quieter. Regardless, I am still a big fan of W hotels.
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
Schaller
"Room was microscopic"
The lobby had kept it's 1920s style which was the biggest plus. Our room was a matchbox and the el train was close enough to be a noisy distraction.
1 night trip Sep 13, 2014
"Will stay again!"
It was absolutely wonderful! Amazing staff and comfy, cozy room. Excellent location.
Other trip Sep 10, 2014
ad
"Convenience and Quality Downtown"
We picked a downtown hotel so we could ride the South Shore into Chicago and take the Red Line to a Cubs Game. This was a perfect location and required very little extra walking. The staff was friendly and courteous and met all our needs. The room was small, but perfect for an overnight for just the two of us. We will definitely plan to stay here again when we are in town! Thanks!
1 night trip Aug 23, 2014
Mindy
"The W"
Stayed a night, rooms clean, modern and comfortable. Great location
1 night business trip Aug 31, 2014
Jovan
"Nice job for an old property"
Service is good, rooms can be tiny. They have done a nice job with an old property but an old property is an old property. Nothing wrong with features, as they have all been upgraded but space is space and some of these rooms can remind you of NYC cute boutique hotels with tiny rooms.That said, for the right price and with the right expectations it can be a good value.
1 night trip Aug 28, 2014
Well traveled
Not what I expected from the photos. The room was really small and faced towards the back of the building so all I could see was brick walls. But it was clean however you could smell the humidity and it was damp. Overall it was fine. I am not crazy about it.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
Sina
My fiancé and I stayed here for a night and we got in late because our flights were delayed. But, the staff was very accommodating and upgraded our room so we could enjoy our stay despite arriving later than anticipated. Highly recommend this hotel!
Other trip Aug 31, 2014
Great room...we had one of the "smaller rooms" but it is a good size...my wife and I had PLENTY of room...the rooms aren't as small as people say...very modern and trendy...great location...loved it
2 night romance trip Aug 22, 2014
"Great hotel to attend a conference"
The fantastic room was clean, very spacious and comfortable. The bed was very soft and plush. Large bathroom. Good toiletries. Very attentive personnel.
Other trip Aug 3, 2014
Debbie
"Very nice, modern Loop hotel"
The room was excellent, the service staff were fantastic, and the overall experience was very memorable. The room was very clean and ready for us well in advance of "regular" check-in time. The lobby was an incredible place to hang out, visit with friends and watch people. An added bonus was the hotel's great location -- less than one block from the "L" and five blocks from Union Station. We look forward to our next visit.
1 night romance trip Jul 26, 2014
Lee
"Not Pleased"
We were placed in a room that for sure at one point was a storage closet. The room was too small to even navigate our luggage around. The bathroom was very similar in size to one I had in my dorm room years ago. The grout was not clean and it was very small. The location however was very good.
2 night romance trip Jul 11, 2014
LOVED IT!!!
3 night business trip Jul 7, 2014
"A night in the city."
Quick, early check in, quiet, and easy checkout. No problems, be careful not to consume any items in the room. Fortunately the price us listed to deter you. An older hotel with updated looks.
Other trip Jul 13, 2014
"Small Room but wonderful staff"
When my wife and I checked in, we were informed that we would be getting an upgraded room since we were SPG members, but the room we received was very small. It was a little unsettling to realize that was the "upgraded" room but we didn't mind as much since we weren't going to spend a lot of time in the room. The maid staff was extremely friendly and free coffee every morning in the lobby was a plus. Overall we were pleased with our stay but do wish the room we received was a bit bigger.
3 night trip Jun 27, 2014