All hotels in Amsterdam, Netherlands
Pieter Cornelisz. Hooftstraat 2, Amsterdam, 1071 BX, Netherlands, ‏‎866-925-8648

• Bar
    Bar is not good
    Room is not nice
    Uncomfortable
"Great for shorter stays"
Booked this hotel during a last minute work trip and was delightfully surprised at the quality of the overall hotel. Very nice, comfortable room with good breakfast buffet and perfect location for going out in the evening.
2 night business trip Nov 12, 2015
Patrycja
"You get what you pay for"
Loved Amsterdam - not so much for this hotel. The location is great and the staff friendly and helpful. Unfortunately the rooms are dirty. One of our rooms had dried blood not only on the fitted sheet, but also on the foam mattress pad. Our other room's bed had a broken box spring which made for a "slanted" rest. Although management gave us a different room and we all survived, I wish I would have paid a bit more and stayed at a different hotel down the street.
2 night family trip Dec 17, 2015
"Great museum location"
We had a very nice stay here, definitely coming back. Pros - friendly staff helped with any questions and a very late first check-in due to out train delay - super close to the Van Gogh Museum and the Rijk Museum and their excellent art collections - the room was spacious and comfortable with good bedding - beautiful view of the canal - wifi was perfectly stable Cons - one area of the hotel has no elevator with very steep and narrow stairs
1 night romance trip Dec 8, 2015
Loved this hotel!
1 night romance trip Dec 8, 2015
Christopher
"marginal service"
right next to the museums and that was why I stayed there
7 night business trip Nov 30, 2015
THE ROOM WAS IN THE BASEMENT! WITH NARROW STAIRWAY THAT YOU CAN NOT TAKE THE LAUGGAGE. UNLESS THEY CHANGE THE ROOM I WILL NEVER STAY IN THIS HOTEL AGAIN
1 night family trip Oct 12, 2015
BIJAN
"Enjoyed our stay!"
We enjoyed staying here. The room was a bit small but we were gone most of the day so all we needed was a bed and bathroom. We'd definitely stay there again and would recommend it to others. Great location too!
4 night romance trip Oct 11, 2015
"Just ok"
Nice rooms but nowhere to keep food cold. I've stayed at better hotels for less money.
2 night business trip Oct 2, 2015
Joel
The location was great easy to catch tram. To get to sights in Amsterdam many are within walking distance. The only draw back was room very small and the beds were narrow and soft.
7 night family trip Sep 16, 2015
"need firm matresses"
The hotel is reasonable for the price, but the mattresses and pillows are terrible. Layout of rooms not ergonomic
2 night family trip Sep 20, 2015
JOHN
"So small you sleep on top of your luggage!!!!!!!!!"
The hotel is clean and the breakfast is great but the rooms are super small. We got 1 room for 2 guys and requested 2 beds, the beds were touching each other as if we were sleeping in the same bed. Also, there was no room to put the luggage. And the bathroom is smaller than on a boat.
3 night trip with friends Sep 3, 2015
Souhail
"Excellent location"
Hotel was not accommodating for early or barely on time check in, but had a place for bags. The room was small, but cleverly designed and that was the upgraded one for delayed check- in. It was cleanish, but mostly quiet and comfy!! A good rest after Prague
Other trip Aug 15, 2015
tara
"Good Location"
The hotel has a convenient location to museums, river tours and bus stops. Breakfast was not complimentary, but was good. It was cheaper to purchase the breakfast in advance. I had a problem with the safe in the room. It was not functioning well. I was not able to open it on my check-out date. The manager, the only person who could open it, was not on duty until 10:30 a.m. on that day. Fortunately, my flight was in the afternoon. Otherwise, it would become a disaster for me because my passport was in the safe. You might not want to use the safe to avoid potential problems.
3 night trip Jul 16, 2015
Jianxiong
"Hot time in Amsterdam"
We were in Amsterdam for 3 nights. The room we had was small. The paper coffee cups weren't replaced after they were used. Parking we were lucky to park directly out front but was very expensive,36 Euro a day and noisy with street traffic. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful. Air conditioning worked well
3 night romance trip Jul 1, 2015
Katarina
"Disappointed!!!!"
The place leaves a lot to be desired. As a comparison, we are now in the prime location of Rotterdam paying 40% less for a room that is far superior and really not even on the same planet with the Best Western. How they get away with charging as much as they do for a room in which you can't turn around without going out into the corridor, beds that are not 'king', as requested and not comfortable, very dated and dirty carpets and curtains, etc. etc...., is beyond us. Shady characters hanging around the entrance at all times is a bit of a concern, although, some of that is to be expected in Amsterdam. Staff is efficient and friendly, breakfast is good, although, they could do without all the processed meats and cheeses! A country with cheeses known all over the world should be serving those! .....and deli meats instead of the real thing?
Other trip Jun 19, 2015
verka
"Great Place near Twn Center"
We were in town on holiday and wanted to stay near the town center This hotel was perfect - affordable, near good food choices, on a major canal, near public transit. Bathroom was a little small and we're not sure why they do a frosted glass door instead of wood so you can have privacy. But overall a great place to stay.
Other trip Jun 17, 2015
"Very expensive basic accomodarions"
Staff ran from warm to cold ( Front desk was very very busy); room was airy but plain; sirens were loud on the main drag at night. If this is the only room you can find for under $250, take it, but otherwise look elsewhere.
Other trip Jun 10, 2015
Great hotel.. Great location... Great breakfast... Only negative was bed was way to hard.. Not comfortable at all.
2 night family trip May 7, 2015
Christine
"Great hotel, great location"
This is a great hotel for a visit to Amsterdam. It is along a main street car line from the train station, and a few minutes walk from the Rijksmuseum, the IAmsterdam sign, and the Van Gogh museum, as well as a nice upscale shopping district and several very good restaurants. The hotel is very clean and the staff are friendly and helpful. There is is free luggage storage. I would not hesitate to stay here again.
2 night romance trip May 1, 2015
Donald
"Tiny rooms. Great location."
Tiny rooms by US standards but the location makes up for that. The room was comfortable and quiet, just not big. Couple blocks to Heineken Experience, Rijksmuseum and Van Gogh. Lots of food options in the other direction. The 197 bus drops off at the Rijksmuseum so it's cheap and easy to get to from Schiphol. GVB stops are close so you have access to the whole city.
3 night romance trip May 2, 2015
"Museum visit"
We needed a hotel for a few days in Amsterdam before embarking on our river cruise - a chance to revisit Amsterdam and see museum shows. Location was superb, next door to the Rijksmuseum, 5 minutes from Van Gogh and Stedijksmuseum. Room was cramped - hardly room for our two suitcases, barely room for the bed. Bathroom was similarly cramped. Breakfast at 11 euros was nothing special, but there was a great pancake shop across the street. Lots of neighborhood restaurants. Staff was very helpful, and when we needed an extra day, apologetic about the sudden doubling of the price, recommending we check Hotels.com for someplace cheaper. We did.
4 night romance trip Apr 17, 2015
David L
"Ok location"
Can't sleep because of the mattress. It was super soft that it hurts my back. Shampoo and conditioner is not enough for 2 people.
Other trip Apr 26, 2015
Ney
"Friendly busy and handy!"
Friendly welcome and Helpful staff, smallish room But handy location; noticed direct bus to airport from nearby Leidseplein
4 night romance trip Mar 24, 2015
"Overall, wonderful stay!"
The best thing about hotel is location. Walk to everything. Great restaurants & entertainment in area. Also, the staff was very friendly & helpful. We had breakfast included in our stay & it was also very good with hot & cold selections. The room we had, room 313, was small for a double but really quiet. Overall we recommend the Apollo & would definitely stay again but upgrading to larger room.
2 night trip with friends Mar 23, 2015
"Great location, comfortable rooms"
We booked a "deluxe" room that was pretty much the exact same size as the regular size room we booked on a stay we had last year in this hotel. One square foot of extra room does not constitute "deluxe." That should change. We did have a nice view of the canal and I love the large windows that open. the half shower bath was annoying because it is freezing with no curtain to keep the warmth in. The beds were really comfortable. It is in one of the best areas in my opinion because all the museums are virtually right out your door. The room was ready early and they let us into it which was very nice.
4 night romance trip Feb 17, 2015
"Stay here"
I was going on a last minute get away and this place was great. I wasn't sure what time check in was, but when I got to the hotel, they gave me a room immediately. Clean environment, neighborhood isn't too far from anything. It took me about 20 mins to walk to the Anne Frank house. The hotel staff were friendly and extremely helpful.
1 night trip Feb 25, 2015
Samantha
"Great hotel! Highly recommend"
Great location, great customer service, and lovely hotel. Got an amazing deal on hotels.com and it was worth at least 3 times what I paid.
1 night trip with friends Feb 13, 2015
"Clean, no frills"
This is a decent place to sleep.
2 night business trip Feb 11, 2015
Patrick
"You get what you pay for..."
This is a hotel for backpackers and budget travelers. The hotel only advantage is that it is located a block away from the Rikjs Museum. The hotel needs remodeling! The bedrooms are closests (too small). When was the last time they clean behind a desk or in between a desk and a wall?
2 night trip Feb 6, 2015
Jaime
"Good location but bad service and facility"
The location is good near tram station. But service is bad. Reception staff are busy and they don' t their job. Other customers also claimed that. The shower room is terrible, the water come out a little and flood happen after it. Wifi is not good.
2 night romance trip Feb 12, 2015
A very nice hotel near everything And a good breakfast
Other trip Feb 14, 2015
"Great Priced Hotel in a Great Location"
The hotel was in a great location. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The rooms are small and we were given two single beds pushed together instead of a queen bed.
4 night romance trip Feb 5, 2015
Dahlia
"Great!"
Great!
3 night trip with friends Feb 5, 2015
"The best around!!!"
Great! Right near muesums! A little far from other things but the walks are worth it!!
7 night romance trip Jan 11, 2015
Allison
"I would recommend it..."
I really liked it there! Staff was charming and helpful, my room was absolutly fantastic (I have been given a delux double, since I have been staying there for about 2 weeks). The only thing that I didn't really like were the breakfasts: not an option for someone with lactose intolerance or gluten-free diet (this is why my 'overall rate' is not max.
8 night business trip Jan 9, 2015
Agata
"Perfect hotel and great location"
its close to leidsplein .you can go dam squere by walk .qualty location.helpfull and peacefull staff
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
berkay
I had a great time staying at this hotel. Staffs are very helpful and friendly. Location is also perfect for me.
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
zay
"Great location for a hotel!"
Great view of the canal
1 night trip Jan 10, 2015
"Extremely overpriced accommodation."
Extremely overpriced accommodation. Tiny room, even though our room was not the smallest one according to the fire escape plan on the door. Good breakfast as is typical in Europe, friendly staff. Location was good but as stated very expensive for what it is. I would not stay here again for that reason.
2 night trip with friends Dec 30, 2014
Hendrikus
This hotel was in the perfect location - not in the rowdy central areas, but still within walking distance of sights and museums. The rooms were clean and in good condition. They are small rooms (the bathroom door will touch the bed when fully opened), but still comfortable. The bed was soft and nice to sleep on. Our double bed was actually two single beds pushed together on wheels; this turned out to be a little troublesome as the beds would come apart as we slept and someone would inevitably fall through the middle. This could probably have been addressed but we chose to leave it, so that's not the fault of the hotel! The front desk service was very helpful and polite. The breakfast buffet (at an additional cost) included a wide array of bread, yogurt, croissants, granola, and eggs. Very delicious! As some days had terrible weather, it was nice to be able to have a full belly before making our way into the city.
2 night family trip Dec 26, 2014
"Just Perfect Location"
This is a great hotel for first timers. Location is very central. Once you get to know the city and start traveling around the country, it's good that you know that Central Station is about a 30 min walk. Other than that, the area is very quite and you are right on the high-end-stores street. I wanted to thank the lady who registered me at check-in...she upgraded me once she saw I was staying for 9 nights over Christmas. Yes, the staff is awesome, efficient and responsive. WiFi worked perfectly as well. The only little stupid thing is that the pillows are squared, so coming from America is was a bit weird and uncomfortable at first not having rectangle pillows. Other than that, I would go back and stay there.
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
pepe grillo
"great value for tourist viewing city, ok location"
hotel is comfortable.... Although room are small and bathroom is minuscule, it has everything you need if you are there to see the sights of amsterdam. The location could be better as it is a good 20 min walk to downtown area, but the walk is not bad, and u enjoyed that it was not in the middle of tourist area. There are plenty of restaurants and bars close enough. Great stay, prompt and accommodating cleaning staff as well as front desk reception. There looked to be a nice spread of a buffet for breakfast, however I just helped myself to the complementary coffee
4 night trip with friends Dec 24, 2014
Yvonne
"2singles is not a double!!!"
Booked a double room and got 2 singles pushed to together. The beds were made up as singles and they couldn't even put a bottom sheet over both mattresses, not even after request! The mattresses kept slipping apart!
3 night romance trip Dec 21, 2014
Great stay. Good location comfortable room!
9 night trip Dec 17, 2014
"Great location in Amsterdam and good service."
Great location (museums, canal and park). Clean hotel and clean room. But the room was a bit too small, and the bathroom was not properly sound-proofed. I would have booked a bigger room if I knew in advance.
3 night romance trip Dec 13, 2014
"Functional Room, Perfect Location."
I was in Amsterdam for a single day (two nights) and only needed a place to throw my pack down and sleep. For that purpose this hotel was perfectly adequate. The room was miniscule with only enough space for a single (and too soft) bed, a desk, and a chair. The bathroom door barely cleared the corner of the bed, and you couldn't open the shower door if the bathroom door was closed (not enough space for you and the door). But who cares?? It was clean, everything worked, and the location was outstanding. Almost adjacent to the Rijksmuseum. Easy to get to from the airport via public transit. Trivial walk into Leidseplein. Easy to explore the city on foot. Would definitely stay there again if I was travelling alone. If I was travelling with family I might look for (and undoubtedly have to pay for) slightly better accommodations.
2 night trip Dec 5, 2014
Glen
"another warm welcome at the BW Ap"
awesome desk staff
1 night business trip Nov 21, 2014
"Amsterdam wonderful best western location excellent size of room just to two very small!"
I am a senior citizen and I pooped a single room at this very nice hotel the location was perfect excellent but the room was so so small I could barely turn around smaller than any college dorm room I've ever seen I think they should use it for a broom closet instead of a room!
2 night business trip Nov 18, 2014
"24 hours in Amsterdam"
Great location, close to everything. Staff was very helpful.
2 night business trip Nov 14, 2014
"Convenient location"
Traveled as a party of six, booked 3 twin rooms just 2 days before our arrival. Rooms were clean but small, location great just a block from Rijksmuseum. Beds way too soft, but that seems to be the norm! Would stay again
2 night family trip Oct 26, 2014