All hotels in Amsterdam, Netherlands
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights herePieter Cornelisz. Hooftstraat 2, Amsterdam, 1071 BX, Netherlands, ‏‎866-925-8648

"small room"
pretty good but single room with single bed was tiny.
1 night business trip Jul 10, 2014
sh
"Clean and cozy"
Excellent location, friendly staff, nice view of the Rijksmuseum. Rooms are small (on par with Amsterdam standards), but well-appointed, comfortable, immaculate, and cozy. Got a great deal on the price. I was extremely satisfied with my stay!
2 night trip with friends Jul 8, 2014
"Great place to stay in Amsterdam"
Central location on outer canal ring and right next to museums and boat tours. Upscale neighborhood next to high-end retail shops. Close to tram line stop from Central Station. Albert Heijn supermarket nearby.
2 night trip Jul 10, 2014
Jen
Nice location in Museum District. Close to restaurants and the Museums as well as public transportation. Rooms, of course, are European small, but comfortable. Will stay again at this hotel.
5 night trip Jul 7, 2014
"Close to all the museums"
Great location. Can walk from there straight into the red light district so you can see all the sights on the way.
3 night trip with friends Jun 30, 2014
We only stayed for two nights for the last part of our 3 weeks in Europe. The room was okay. Somewhat small and the door to the bathroom inevitably catches on the bed, at least in our room. We paid for a deluxe room and I would be nervous to see the size of a smaller room, especially if you are two. Otherwise it was a great location and nice staff.
2 night romance trip Jun 18, 2014
jmayrambl
"Close to must-sees, but get what you pay for"
I booked this hotel since I was given a decent rate and the located looked great. Had the rate been higher I would've had more reason to complain. There were definite pros and cons. I walked into a room with buckets due to perspiration from the ceiling, but the view of the Ryks made up for it. I see a lot of complaints about the size, but it's Europe and what I expected. If I were to spend more time in the room I would've considered requesting a larger and updated space, but it worked for me as an individual. You do get free wifi, but it was really frustrating to use it- I would have full service and then it would go away. I also noticed that my A/C went out, but the maintenance person had left for the day so I was without air for a day. Overall the staff was friendly enough, but their knowledge of the area could be improved- I asked where an internet cafe is, was given two locations, but discovered the locations given were incorrect. The next visit out I wouldn't be opposed to staying again, but I would also search for other deals in the area. If you don't have high expectations (thorough daily clean- my sink didn't get cleaned out for example) for your stay this place will do.
4 night trip Jun 9, 2014
Monica
"return customers"
we have stayed here multiple times and have been very happy with the convince of the location and the helpful staff. the hotel is pretty quiet overall and is within walking distance to the museums and many shopping areas.
3 night trip Jun 15, 2014
"Clean, but worn and small"
The room was very....shall we say cozy (two suit cases caused issues). The room was very clean though, even though it was slightly worn (scuffed walls, etc). Very good service, very good location right across from the hard rock cafe, blue boat tour (dinner cruise was great), near vangogh museum and the reichtsmuseum
3 night family trip Jun 6, 2014
Great location, basic amenities, great breakfast.
1 night trip Jun 10, 2014
Marcel
"all ok."
Location is all right, check in & out is a wee bit slow, but courteous. Room small but ok.
1 night business trip Jun 5, 2014
sh
"Great little room at a great little price"
Overall the hotel was great. The Best Western brand typically means you can expect consistency of cleanliness, coziness and nice basic amenities. If you are looking for room service, restaurant, pool, spa, you won't get it here. What you will get is a stellar location, very nice updated, clean and comfortable room.
3 night trip with friends May 28, 2014
mdlc
Very, very, very close to many of the museums of Amsterdam - the Rijks Museum was almost right outside our window. It is also situated right on one of the canals. One of the huge flea markets is about a 10 minute walk, along with many cafes and shops. The rooms are pretty small and basic but decent, adequate, and clean - just the space you need for sleeping, showering, relaxing, etc. The breakfast was extra but very good and well worth the money.
4 night trip May 27, 2014
if you like party or hangout late night, don't stay here cause it is far from red light area and shopping mall, and breakfast is not include when you stay either. this hotel has a lots of rooms in the basemen level and it is a lot of noise too. I also heard other guest told me theie problems.
Other trip May 26, 2014
c
The only real complaint I had about our room was that you could not close the curtains to block out the street lights to sleep at night. Everything else was fine!
1 night family trip May 18, 2014
Karla
"Nice hotel in a great location"
Nice hotel in a great location, by the Rikjsmusuem and Vondelpark.
Other trip May 22, 2014
I got the room #12 which was on the basement, very noisy area without any sound isolation. We had stayed there for two nights and the room service did not clean our room until around 7pm, and after that they forgot to leave towels. When I asked for towels to the reception, they told me to come to the reception to pick them up because nobody could go to the rooms!! which was very weird... The price of 200 Euros per night is extremely expensive as it does not compensate the excellent location.
Other trip May 20, 2014
Great location. Helpful staff. Mix-up over reservation was solved professionally and to our satisfaction.
Other trip May 15, 2014
"Just right if youre by yourself!"
I will book here from now on.
4 night business trip Apr 26, 2014
Jon
"good location,simple&modern room,wifi,slow staff"
trying to summarise it into the title :) the location in great. simply great. from museums to other popular venues. close to everything, shops, bars, clubs. the room we got was bigger than normal ones and it was great. modern and clean. tho I dont think I will get used to the dutch way of how the toilets are built. sorry. free wifi is always a plus. room keys didnt work like 3-4 times during our stay and the staff was super slow to respond. nice and kind - but super slow.
Other trip Apr 23, 2014
Eyal
Great location! Bathroom flooded when we took a shower. Very small rooms but can't be beat for the price and location.
3 night family trip Mar 25, 2014
This has been 3rd time at hotel Pleasant stay as usual . However I always pre-pay my bookings and have been asked to pay deposit at checkin . Unfortunately by using cash the deposit seems to double , I don't like using my credit cards abroad so this depleted my cash reserve . I've been a frequent guest and have never trashed any hotel room I've stayed in .
2 night trip with friends Mar 21, 2014
Jeffrey
"Amazing and Lovely Experience."
The experience was amazing. I had an absolutely amazing view with the water front and the room is keep clean daily. It is overall a very pleasant time for my team.
Other trip Mar 6, 2014
Lynn
"Perfectly located"
The benefit of staying in this part of Amsterdam as opposed to the centrum is how quiet the streets are. No rowdys patrolling all night long. Also most of the rooms have at least a partial view of the canal and the hotel is only a block away from the Rijksmuseum. I have stayed here a half dozen times and have no complaints. Sometimes I use the stairs because the lift can take a while but that's just me. I have not used the cafeteria as there are several excellent eateries close by. The room was clean and everything worked well, plus a good selection of cable channels.
Other trip Feb 28, 2014
"great value hotel"
Everything was fantastic.
3 night romance trip Feb 17, 2014
ioannis
Room was small but clean and friendly staff. Great location next to the Rijksmuseum and across from the Hard Rock Cafe. Leidseplein is a short walk across the bridge where there are many restaurants and clubs. Very affordable rates.
4 night trip Feb 13, 2014
Mark Cosgrove
"above average hotel"
hotel was decent on all accounts. the location is great 1 block from the Rijksmuseum. good help at the front desk (I had a few travel/tourist questions), room was clean and well done out. only thing is the room was very small. this didn't bother me as I as traveling alone, but you would not want 2 people in it, there would be no place for the bags!
Other trip Feb 4, 2014
"Comfortable and Affordable in a great area!"
Everything about this hotel exceeded the price. Hotel staff was friendly and helpful. They even referred me to a doctor when I was feeling ill. The room had all the amenities, was clean, and the bed was large and comfortable. I slept great! The location is near all the top museums and short walk to the center of town and some beautiful canals.
Other trip Jan 8, 2014
Rich
"staff"
staff was so rude!!
Other trip Jan 5, 2014
has
"Good hotel but service was not as expected"
The hotel location is great with everything close. I placed the level "Please clean the room" before noon that we went to walk around the city and when we arrived: surprise "nothing happened", the room was exactly the same, then I asked to the front desk ext 2201 for a couple of towels around 4:30 PM and I had to call 4 times for them until past 7 PM when I received the towels. I haven't call too many times for towels specially from a Best Western hotel. Another black point is that the hotel doesn't have parking and it cost 30 Euros per day from a third party. I suggest to include a good discount for parking to those guests that arrives by car to this hotel. The good part was the quality of the breakfast (offcourse not included that cost 9.5 Euros per person).
2 night family trip Dec 4, 2013
Renan
"Overall not bad - see below for setbacks.."
Overall it was a good experience. Hotel staff were very courteous. Checking in/took a little longer than expected because of long cues. Location is one block away from Rijkmuseum, 10 minutes walk from Leidsplein (restaurant hub etc) and ATM and 5-10 minutes walk away from local transportation depending on which line you are taking. However, location was a setback if you were going into the heart of Amsterdam (Dam sq/rembrandtplein) on a daily basis and coming back late at night but again, being away from the craziness helps at times. The room was of ok size, with a safe and clean. The bathroom was really really small, you could get into an accident if you are not careful inside the bathroom but it was alright for me as I'm a skinny guy but if you are a bit healthier, it may and will be a problem for you. The BED/MATTRESS was TERRIBLE. If you have back problems, I suggest you don't stay here as the matress was extremely soft and I couldn't sleep well. Internet was better than expected. You can connect multiple devices through wifi and speed is acceptable.
1 night trip Nov 29, 2013
"Excellent Location. Great Price!!!!"
Great Location. Directly across the street from the two most popular museums in AMS. Also, across the street from the Holland Casino and Hard Rock cafe. Hottest bars and clubs a short 2 min work. Also, two tram lines run in front on the hotel, across the Canal. A must Stay!!!
2 night trip Nov 28, 2013
IA
Stayed for 2 nights for work - booked a larger room, everything was fine, great staff
2 night trip Nov 18, 2013
Jeffrey
Perfect location for visiting museums. Right on the canal. Easy access to transportation and restaurants. Clean room, new shower, TV, wifi.
1 night trip Jun 16, 2013
Barb
"Great location within walking distance of museums."
Great location. Convenient to museums and we walked throughout the central city.
Other trip Oct 26, 2013
steve
"Best location in Amsterdam"
It is located within walking distance of Dam square, All the museums, it is actually right next door to the rjiksmuseum, not to mention it is located on the "rodeo drive" or 5th ave. equivalent of Amsterdam. Rooms are small, but for the price, there is no way to complain.
Other trip Oct 5, 2013
Nars
"Nice and great location"
The bathroom were a bit small but im a big guy so I guess thats relative. Otherwise great hotel and a perfect location for anyone on holiday.
Other trip Sep 12, 2013
At first, this was the first best western I have ever stayed worthy of the name "best". But as the days went by it got to good and then just barely ok. Mostly because the wifi is probably the worst I have ever encounter; free public hotspots around the city were much better. Other than that, hotel is clean, service is good, neighborhood is great, breakfast better than I am use to in Europe (particularly Amsterdam).
2 night trip Aug 13, 2013
"Close to museums and Vondelpark"
Our hotel room was comfortable, although the layout of the room could have been improved. The key feature of this hotel is its location: close to the major museums and to Vondelpark. This location made all our explorations of Amsterdam easy. We also enjoyed the "run of the house" rate, which included a free breakfast each morning. The desk clerk seemed a little surprised by our free breakfasts, so this must not be a common feature. Be sure to ask your travel agent about getting the "run of the house".
2 night family trip Jul 28, 2013
Alan P.
"If it wasn't for location...."
This place is just blah... It's our 2nd time there. Nothing special. Rooms aren't quite clean. This time our room was in the basement. STAY AWAY from the basement. Yes, rooms are larger but NOISIER! Our bed was two twins together and it had a HORRIFIC quality of mattress. Breakfast is €12.5/person and just across the street you get te same for €4.50 If it wasn't for location, I would have never returned.
3 night trip Aug 9, 2013
Ruesga
"Good staff and service, small room"
This was my second stay here,in two years. Great location. Clean facilities. Attentive staff.monly issue is room was really small.
Other trip Aug 13, 2013
der wombatski
"Great place to stay when visiting Amsterdam"
The staff was outstanding, the location and hotel were great.
Other trip Aug 10, 2013
Kathryn
"Nice hotel, great staff, wonderful location"
The hotel was really nice and the staff were friendly and very helpful. The location was fantastic, especially for someone looking to see the sites in Amsterdam for the first time.
Other trip Aug 10, 2013
texas traveler
"Excellent hotel for Van Gogh, Riksmuseum, concerts"
Wonderful hotel far enough away from the crazyness of downtown Amsterdam, yet close enough to get there if you want.
Other trip Aug 9, 2013
Brooks
"very nice and convenient"
We really enjoyed this hotel. Its right in the middle of the action but not loud from the hustle and bustle of Amsterdam. The room was clean, nice, affordable and they have AC!!! which is very needed in the summer months. We would definitely stay again
1 night trip Aug 2, 2013
"Next door to the RijksMuseum."
We loved everything in that beautiful city. Our hotel was on a canal, 5 minutes' walk from cute cafes/pubs and from Leidestraat, a must-visit street of Amsterdam. It was difficult to choose from so many hotels. We were not disappointed with our choice.
2 night romance trip Jun 23, 2013
Eliane K.
We loved this hotel. You can't beat it for the price. It's a block from the Rijkes Museum and in walking distance from everything else. The hotel staff was very helpful and friendly. We booked our room for the night before we arrived since we were getting in very early. I had sent an email a week earlier requesting a quiet room. When we got there at 6am we had already been checked into a quiet room on the top floor facing the courtyard. Through out our stay the staff was helpful with suggestions, directions. The rooms are a typical size for Europe but very modern, clean and comfortable. I would have liked a harder mattress, but I always do, even in the US. The bathroom was very small but again very modern and clean. We would definitely stay there again.
4 night trip Jul 17, 2013
Robyn
"great hotel, great location"
we were spontaneous about accommodations in Amsterdam, and we found the Apollo in Expedia. it had good rates for the weekend, and was close to Leidsplein which was the location we wanted. it's cheaper to book through Expedia then on the site, but they let us use the computer so we booked through here. lovely location, right next to the Reich's museum, and close to trams. great facilities, comfortable amazing bed, and really nice staff. air conditioning was a must in Amsterdam in the summer, and they had the best one!
Other trip Jul 23, 2013
Miuriel
"Perfect for museum junkies"
The location cannot be beat if you are interested in the museums. Also close to major square with many restaurants. Close to tram stops. Our room was very small and a large person literally would not be able to turn around in the bathroom.
4 night trip Jul 12, 2013
"Nice hotel next to the Volderpark"
The hotel is good, well located in the city. The twin bed is put together, so for friends to stay in is not much comfortable.
Other trip Jul 14, 2013