All hotels in Amsterdam, Netherlands

Breakfast is average
    Room is not nice
    Uncomfortable
"24 hours in Amsterdam"
Great location, close to everything. Staff was very helpful.
2 night business trip Nov 14, 2014
"Convenient location"
Traveled as a party of six, booked 3 twin rooms just 2 days before our arrival. Rooms were clean but small, location great just a block from Rijksmuseum. Beds way too soft, but that seems to be the norm! Would stay again
2 night family trip Oct 26, 2014
"fantastic location in Amsterdam..."
close to most sights. I was easy to find in a difficult city layout as Amsterdam. The breakfast should have been free and not a charge. All breakfast in Europe are free with a hotel stay. I would recommend this hotel .
2 night trip Oct 22, 2014
"house keeping failures"
This is tough to rate. The service rating of 5 is for 1 individual. I've stayed here many times, alone but this time my better half looked a little closer, finding unclean under pads on the bed(s) - in more than one room. Dirty & stray hairs is unacceptable at this level of hotel. The evening desk manager made a remarkable revocery for the hotel's credibility (kudos to Marjon (spelling?) by finding an alternative room with cleaner bedding, but only after inspecting another room. She was patient & apologetic. With our eyes open, it is clear that even the hallway carpets need better maintenance. House keeping needs to upgrade its procedures.
1 night business trip Oct 21, 2014
sh
"Average hotel in a good location."
Rooms too small, bed not comfortable, tiny shower, old facilities.
Other trip Oct 24, 2014
Business Travel
"Very convenient location"
Perfect location for Van Gogh and Rijksmuseum. No problem with hotel, but room was quite small.
3 night trip Oct 4, 2014
"Just okay"
Not good. Not bad. Location was great- short walk to Van Gogh museum. Given a very tiny room with the AC and heater vents ( or whatever those large things were) right outside our window. They were very nice about moving us - the next day. The second room was fine and really no complaints but would have liked coffee and hot water in room, which most hotels offer these days at this price. The staff was nice and very helpful but would stay elsewhere next time I visit Amsterdam.
3 night trip with friends Oct 3, 2014
Dana C
The location could not be better and the staff was kind. We upgraded to a suite, which made our stay absolutely wonderful! Many other rooms were on the ground floor or near the elevator, so we felt lucky with our room. The staff was not very knowledgeable about specific restaurants and bars, but they were happy to make reservations for us when we did our own research. Internet was not available in our room, but was available in the lobby. We will certainly stay here again for the cleanliness and location!!
4 night trip Oct 2, 2014
"Location tops"
Many of the recent comments we also found to be accurate. I think it is important to emphasize the real friendliness and helpfulness of the desk staff and also the housekeeping. It is ideally located to the Rijksmuseum and Van Gogh museum and the tram stop is nearby.
5 night family trip Sep 25, 2014
The location was perfect for visiting Amsterdam for a few days. It's really close to the museums and several other attractions. The rooms are small, but clean and nicely decorated.
2 night trip Sep 20, 2014
"Close to leidseplein"
Good bed, clean shower but room too small and view is awful but if want to be close to vondelpark and leidseplein it's ok
Other trip Sep 21, 2014
mo
"Amsterdam"
The staff is friendly, rooms are very small but clean. Close walking to many things so location is great.
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
tlm
"Nice for the price and location"
Clean enough with a very good location near museums.
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
"Nice for the $$$"
This hotels is affordable, nice and in a good neighborhood... I only have positive things to say...
1 night business trip Sep 3, 2014
"Convenient Location and Helpful Staff"
This hotel is located within a three blocks of the Van Gogh Museum, the Rijksmuseum, the Coster Diamond Museum (free), a canal river boat cruise station, a city-wide tram pick-up station, and decent places to eat. The Heineken Brewery is also within a short walking distance. The hotel room was small by American standards, but clean and comfortable. The hotel staff was very helpful, especially helping us make on-line reservations for the Van Gogh Museum which saved a couple hour wait in line. We did not opt for the hotel restaurant option because food options were readily available elsewhere (Dutch Pancake House across the street was especially good).
2 night family trip Aug 5, 2014
Rich
The hotel is near many museums. The Vango museum also the Heineken experience and many others. For 5 euros you can also take the bus from the airport very easy to use. (Bus 197) and from near the hotel there are many other atractions. The hotel staff was very good from the desk to the dining facilities.
5 night trip Aug 3, 2014
B. Gaitan
"FANTASTIC LOCATION!!!!!"
We really enjoyed our stay here. While the room was a bit cramped, we didn't care because it was comfortable, the service was great and we spent all our time out seeing the nearby sights. The hotel is wonderfully located to see the museums, take a boat ride or two, find nearby restaurants, and walk through the beautiful districts of Amsterdam. We hope to stay here on our next visit.
3 night trip Aug 4, 2014
The location was superb! The rijksmuseum and Van Gogh museum are around the corner, as are many shops, cafés and restaurants. Staff was efficient and friendly. Room quality and size were good for this budget, but could have been cleaner.
3 night trip Aug 1, 2014
Great location, 5 min walk to Vondelpark, Rijksmuseum, Leidseplein. Tiny single rooms, but hopefully you won't be spending much time there anyway. Great staff. Breakfast is a bit on the pricey side.
Other trip Jul 30, 2014
My sister and I stayed there for 3 nights. It was pretty close to everything we wanted to do. The staff was very friendly and helped us figure out how to get places. I would definitely stay again.
Other trip Jul 27, 2014
"small room"
pretty good but single room with single bed was tiny.
1 night business trip Jul 10, 2014
"Clean and cozy"
Excellent location, friendly staff, nice view of the Rijksmuseum. Rooms are small (on par with Amsterdam standards), but well-appointed, comfortable, immaculate, and cozy. Got a great deal on the price. I was extremely satisfied with my stay!
2 night trip with friends Jul 8, 2014
"Great place to stay in Amsterdam"
Central location on outer canal ring and right next to museums and boat tours. Upscale neighborhood next to high-end retail shops. Close to tram line stop from Central Station. Albert Heijn supermarket nearby.
2 night trip Jul 10, 2014
Jen
Nice location in Museum District. Close to restaurants and the Museums as well as public transportation. Rooms, of course, are European small, but comfortable. Will stay again at this hotel.
5 night trip Jul 7, 2014
"Close to all the museums"
Great location. Can walk from there straight into the red light district so you can see all the sights on the way.
3 night trip with friends Jun 30, 2014
We only stayed for two nights for the last part of our 3 weeks in Europe. The room was okay. Somewhat small and the door to the bathroom inevitably catches on the bed, at least in our room. We paid for a deluxe room and I would be nervous to see the size of a smaller room, especially if you are two. Otherwise it was a great location and nice staff.
2 night romance trip Jun 18, 2014
jmayrambl
"Close to must-sees, but get what you pay for"
I booked this hotel since I was given a decent rate and the located looked great. Had the rate been higher I would've had more reason to complain. There were definite pros and cons. I walked into a room with buckets due to perspiration from the ceiling, but the view of the Ryks made up for it. I see a lot of complaints about the size, but it's Europe and what I expected. If I were to spend more time in the room I would've considered requesting a larger and updated space, but it worked for me as an individual. You do get free wifi, but it was really frustrating to use it- I would have full service and then it would go away. I also noticed that my A/C went out, but the maintenance person had left for the day so I was without air for a day. Overall the staff was friendly enough, but their knowledge of the area could be improved- I asked where an internet cafe is, was given two locations, but discovered the locations given were incorrect. The next visit out I wouldn't be opposed to staying again, but I would also search for other deals in the area. If you don't have high expectations (thorough daily clean- my sink didn't get cleaned out for example) for your stay this place will do.
4 night trip Jun 9, 2014
Monica
"return customers"
we have stayed here multiple times and have been very happy with the convince of the location and the helpful staff. the hotel is pretty quiet overall and is within walking distance to the museums and many shopping areas.
3 night trip Jun 15, 2014
"Clean, but worn and small"
The room was very....shall we say cozy (two suit cases caused issues). The room was very clean though, even though it was slightly worn (scuffed walls, etc). Very good service, very good location right across from the hard rock cafe, blue boat tour (dinner cruise was great), near vangogh museum and the reichtsmuseum
3 night family trip Jun 6, 2014
Great location, basic amenities, great breakfast.
1 night trip Jun 10, 2014
Marcel
"all ok."
Location is all right, check in & out is a wee bit slow, but courteous. Room small but ok.
1 night business trip Jun 5, 2014
sh
"Great little room at a great little price"
Overall the hotel was great. The Best Western brand typically means you can expect consistency of cleanliness, coziness and nice basic amenities. If you are looking for room service, restaurant, pool, spa, you won't get it here. What you will get is a stellar location, very nice updated, clean and comfortable room.
3 night trip with friends May 28, 2014
mdlc
Very, very, very close to many of the museums of Amsterdam - the Rijks Museum was almost right outside our window. It is also situated right on one of the canals. One of the huge flea markets is about a 10 minute walk, along with many cafes and shops. The rooms are pretty small and basic but decent, adequate, and clean - just the space you need for sleeping, showering, relaxing, etc. The breakfast was extra but very good and well worth the money.
4 night trip May 27, 2014
if you like party or hangout late night, don't stay here cause it is far from red light area and shopping mall, and breakfast is not include when you stay either. this hotel has a lots of rooms in the basemen level and it is a lot of noise too. I also heard other guest told me theie problems.
Other trip May 26, 2014
c
The only real complaint I had about our room was that you could not close the curtains to block out the street lights to sleep at night. Everything else was fine!
1 night family trip May 18, 2014
Karla
"Nice hotel in a great location"
Nice hotel in a great location, by the Rikjsmusuem and Vondelpark.
Other trip May 22, 2014
I got the room #12 which was on the basement, very noisy area without any sound isolation. We had stayed there for two nights and the room service did not clean our room until around 7pm, and after that they forgot to leave towels. When I asked for towels to the reception, they told me to come to the reception to pick them up because nobody could go to the rooms!! which was very weird... The price of 200 Euros per night is extremely expensive as it does not compensate the excellent location.
Other trip May 20, 2014
Great location. Helpful staff. Mix-up over reservation was solved professionally and to our satisfaction.
Other trip May 15, 2014
"Just right if youre by yourself!"
I will book here from now on.
4 night business trip Apr 26, 2014
Jon
"good location,simple&modern room,wifi,slow staff"
trying to summarise it into the title :) the location in great. simply great. from museums to other popular venues. close to everything, shops, bars, clubs. the room we got was bigger than normal ones and it was great. modern and clean. tho I dont think I will get used to the dutch way of how the toilets are built. sorry. free wifi is always a plus. room keys didnt work like 3-4 times during our stay and the staff was super slow to respond. nice and kind - but super slow.
Other trip Apr 23, 2014
Eyal
Great location! Bathroom flooded when we took a shower. Very small rooms but can't be beat for the price and location.
3 night family trip Mar 25, 2014
This has been 3rd time at hotel Pleasant stay as usual . However I always pre-pay my bookings and have been asked to pay deposit at checkin . Unfortunately by using cash the deposit seems to double , I don't like using my credit cards abroad so this depleted my cash reserve . I've been a frequent guest and have never trashed any hotel room I've stayed in .
2 night trip with friends Mar 21, 2014
Jeffrey
"Amazing and Lovely Experience."
The experience was amazing. I had an absolutely amazing view with the water front and the room is keep clean daily. It is overall a very pleasant time for my team.
Other trip Mar 6, 2014
Lynn
"Perfectly located"
The benefit of staying in this part of Amsterdam as opposed to the centrum is how quiet the streets are. No rowdys patrolling all night long. Also most of the rooms have at least a partial view of the canal and the hotel is only a block away from the Rijksmuseum. I have stayed here a half dozen times and have no complaints. Sometimes I use the stairs because the lift can take a while but that's just me. I have not used the cafeteria as there are several excellent eateries close by. The room was clean and everything worked well, plus a good selection of cable channels.
Other trip Feb 28, 2014
"great value hotel"
Everything was fantastic.
3 night romance trip Feb 17, 2014
ioannis
Room was small but clean and friendly staff. Great location next to the Rijksmuseum and across from the Hard Rock Cafe. Leidseplein is a short walk across the bridge where there are many restaurants and clubs. Very affordable rates.
4 night trip Feb 13, 2014
Mark Cosgrove
"above average hotel"
hotel was decent on all accounts. the location is great 1 block from the Rijksmuseum. good help at the front desk (I had a few travel/tourist questions), room was clean and well done out. only thing is the room was very small. this didn't bother me as I as traveling alone, but you would not want 2 people in it, there would be no place for the bags!
Other trip Feb 4, 2014
"Comfortable and Affordable in a great area!"
Everything about this hotel exceeded the price. Hotel staff was friendly and helpful. They even referred me to a doctor when I was feeling ill. The room had all the amenities, was clean, and the bed was large and comfortable. I slept great! The location is near all the top museums and short walk to the center of town and some beautiful canals.
Other trip Jan 8, 2014
Rich
"staff"
staff was so rude!!
Other trip Jan 5, 2014
has
"Good hotel but service was not as expected"
The hotel location is great with everything close. I placed the level "Please clean the room" before noon that we went to walk around the city and when we arrived: surprise "nothing happened", the room was exactly the same, then I asked to the front desk ext 2201 for a couple of towels around 4:30 PM and I had to call 4 times for them until past 7 PM when I received the towels. I haven't call too many times for towels specially from a Best Western hotel. Another black point is that the hotel doesn't have parking and it cost 30 Euros per day from a third party. I suggest to include a good discount for parking to those guests that arrives by car to this hotel. The good part was the quality of the breakfast (offcourse not included that cost 9.5 Euros per person).
2 night family trip Dec 4, 2013