All hotels in Amsterdam, Netherlands

Great amenities
    Bad internet service
  • Value for money
    Poor value for money
"Definitely not a 4 stars hotel"
Terrible hotel, I wouldn't recommend anyone to stay here. The first problem occurs right after we arrived to the airport - day before I emailed the hotel and asked for the transfer to the hotel, and they answered that they don't do reservations, I must wait to the minibus of the hotel on the "hotels transfer point" and it will take us. So we waited almost 50 minutes but it not arrived, so we had to take a train, a tram and 10 minutes walk to get to the hotel. When I told about this to the reception girl she said that they will check this case, but nobody apologized or suggested any compensation. Our room was definitely not what we saw on hotel's pictures - very old furniture, one nightstand's shelve was missing, the room was dirty and old. This is not a room in the 4* hotel, we were stayed in different hotel - 3, 4 and 5 stars, but this room was worse than all 3* rooms we saw. The bath in the bathroom had a leakage so after I had bath all the floor was full of water. When we returned to the room on the second day we found out that one of the glasses was missing - the cleaning lady took the dirty one and didn't replace it with the new. Also the next day the cleaning lady put only one big towel instead of two.
Other trip Apr 20, 2014
Elena
Hotel didn't have washcloths for your face and my windows were so dirty, it was hard to see outside (and I paid more to face the canal)! Disappointing, for sure - but it was close to where I needed to be.
3 night trip Apr 9, 2014
"Agness"
It was a great time and I really enjoyed..great hotel and very good service
4 night trip Mar 20, 2014
Agnieszka
"Cozy and comfortable hotel."
Friendly and cooperative staff. Spacy rooms, good bar. The only unconvenince is that the hotel is situated not in the center of the city. It takes 20 min by walk to get Museum District.
Other trip Mar 13, 2014
antony
"Nice hotel, easy walking distance to RAI"
Nice location, close to RAI, many restaurants in the area. Large park nearby, picturesque canals, etc.
Other trip Mar 10, 2014
"Gorgeous View!"
I love the experience. It is perfect for whoever going to Convention Center, the hotel is located literally 10 minutes walk to the place. I love the morning walk and the beautiful view of the morning. The hotel always have bike renting and it cost around 16 Euro per day, that is a great deals for travellers.
Other trip Mar 6, 2014
Lynn
"Very small room and view to the parking lot"
I was expecting a view on the water as in the picture but ended up with a view next to the parking lot.
Other trip Feb 7, 2014
Soubhi
"Wyndham Amsterdam"
Really enjoyed my stay at Wyndham. Staff was very friendly and helpful. The location of the hotel was awesome... Would really stay here the next visit to Amsterdam for pleasure as well as business.
1 night trip Jan 3, 2014
Romelda
"We'll stay there again."
The hotel is quiet, staff is friendly, perfect coffee shop and bar experience in the hotel. Walking distance from shopping and food. Wifi was throughout the hotel and room. You do have to take a taxi, bus, or tram to city center in the heart of Amsterdam.
Other trip Nov 29, 2013
NTD
"Hotel ok.......but too far away from the city"
The hotel was a little bit disappointed since I expected it to be closest from the city center.
Other trip Nov 12, 2013
"Wyndham Appolo Review"
It was fair, too pricy for what you get in Return, there are way better choices outhere
2 night romance trip Oct 4, 2013
"nice neighborhood close to tram"
couldn't get air to work
2 night family trip Sep 20, 2013
Sue
"Adequate hotel at a good price"
This was a good hotel. The rooms are a bit old. The room I had overlooked a roof and the wall of an attached building. There was a fluorescent light on in the other building 24 hours per day and in order to get any cool air into the room I had to leave the curtains open at night so my room was flooded with light from this other building. It's a little bit of a walk to the street car but not bad (less than 0.5km) Staff was helpful and friendly. They have weekend laundry service (Saturday). For the price on Expedia for a weekend, this was a very adequate hotel. I would certainly stay here again.
Other trip Sep 27, 2013
Martin
"Great hotel, location little far from city centre"
Wyndham Apollo Hotel Amsterdam offered an excellent stay with friendly hotel staff who provided exemplary service. Room was clean (albeit a little on the smaller side -- nothing that I didn't expect, though). No complaints about noise, the area around the hotel felt safe and was not loud or noisy in any ways. The hotel is a little bit far from the city centre, but again, this was something that I expected and knew going in (it wasn't much of a problem -- it is perhaps a five minute bicycle ride from the hotel). Hotel also rents bicycles at a relatively affordable and competitive rate (it is at a premium compared to bicycle shops downtown, but is significantly cheaper than a taxi and allows for significant convenience and the ability to return bikes later at night -- something downtown rentals generally do not allow). Overall, excellent hotel -- just be aware that it is a short ride to town.
2 night trip Jul 6, 2013
"Misleading"
This hotel was absolutely horrible. The ratings were misleading. They wasnt wifi... actually the wifi did not even come up in the wifi queue. The room did not have a mimi bar. when i told the receptionist she stated oh it must be having some work done to it. the tea pot had green coersion on the coils within. The service was horrible. Very surprised this was a Wyndham chain.
2 night trip Aug 6, 2013
"Best place I stayed in Europe!"
Of the many accommodations I dealt with in the UK, France, and other spots in the Netherlands, the Apollo Amsterdam was by far the best place we stayed. We will definitely return without question. Comfortable rooms, attentive staff, great amenities. Absolutely worth every penny.
Other trip Aug 12, 2013
"Wonderful hotel."
Close to museums, on the water , nice views. Staff friendly and helpful. Rooms bright and clean. Great location slightly out of center but walking distance to most attractions. Quiet and comfortable.
Other trip Aug 8, 2013
"Kind & Respectful Staff."
Very nice location. very close to many interesting sights and access to #5, & # 24 street car to Central Station & City Center.
Other trip Aug 5, 2013
""king" bed is actually Queen-sized"
Nice hotel but located far away from everything. Tram cost (around 7 euro day pass per person) may make it more cost-effective to stay at a more centrally located hotel. The only real drawback was mislabeled bed sizes: The room booked as having "King" bed was only Queen size (an inconvenience since we booked a room for two adults and a child). I double checked with the front desk to confirm that this bed size is what they sell as a King. Rollaway beds were 45 euro -- which I think is too much (and given hotel's misinformation about the bed size). The hotel has a nice restaurant (nice outdoor setting and fancy kitchen in the evening), but the breakfast was somewhat below expectations (but cheaper) compared to other European hotels.
3 night trip Jul 23, 2013
"Lovely setting"
We got an upgrade to a suite, because I had paid extra for a canal view and the executive room I paid for didn't face the canal. So we got a canal view suite and it was fantastic! Great view and very quiet. Easy walk to museum square "museumplien" (sp?). If you walk to Beethoven street "Beethovenstraat" you can catch a tram to anywhere in town. This is a little ways out of the main activities and museums, but you can get there in under 10 minutes walk. This is much quieter than other areas which we really appreciate! I would definitely stay here again. The price was a little high, but it was worth it.
3 night trip Jul 7, 2013
Sweet
"Perfect for business travel"
The rooms look nothing like the pictures on their website. My room was very outdated and worn, but it was still comfortable and clean with a great view.
Other trip Jun 3, 2013
"Holiday in Amsterdam"
Ever time I've ask about anything the staff have always be attentive, bonus about this hotel is that local transportation was near by
Other trip May 25, 2013
erwin

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"Good hotel , would stay again"
Had an executive room which was well equipped with a very comfortable bed . Only complaint was that service in the restaurant and bar was a bit slow ..but apart from that all was fine !
4 night business trip Mar 20, 2016
chris
"Enjoyable stay"
Loved the hotel and got free upgrade when the staff heard it was a special occasion staff very helpful .bar and breakfast a bit expensive.Hotel bit far from city you need to take a tram which is about a 8/10 minute walk from hotel and bout 10 minute trip in butthe tram comes every 5min.. hotel is great if you don't mind travelling in and out of centre ..
3 night romance trip Feb 11, 2016
emma
"Nice modern hotel"
Nice hotel, rooms modern and clean. Got a €12.50 pp breakfast deal at check in. Great for marathon as on the route. Not great for public transport, but walkable to many museums and sites.
Other trip Dec 26, 2015
Amelia
Lovely stay. Nice area although a little far from the main tourist district and a 10 minute walk from the nearest tram stop. Staff very friendly and helpful although felt whilst room very clean when we arrived they left dirty cups and plates in room during our stay. We booked hotel because on special. Not sure value for money if we had paid full amount.
4 night family trip Nov 13, 2015
"Awesome Wyndham"
The Hotel rooms have an awesome view of the canals. Loved the stay.
5 night romance trip Oct 16, 2015
Anand
IN
"Aggressive morning staff!!!!"
stupid and aggressive staff. They have multiple rooms with absurd view. all you can see outside your room is compressors of air conditioners. staff when approached is extremely aggressive. specially few white girls. morning staff
3 night business trip Sep 18, 2015
Ahsen
"Rainy week, but comfortable stay."
Everything was good! We got an upgrade, plus the gym was next to our room. We couldn't ask for more. Plus, very friendly stuff. The only "downside" was that it's not too close to town/main centre, but we knew that before we got there. It's a quiet neighbourhood. Very peaceful and calm.
5 night romance trip Jul 25, 2015
Khairi
SG
"Amsterdam trip"
I liked the hotel it is close to the museum area and a really affordable and short bus ride to everything else. The rooms are small, atypical of European hotels, but it was clean and comfortable. The staff was accommodating. I didn't like the room and they changed it for us which was really great. I just have one complaint, they have a breakfast plan that can be purchased for 22€ and if you buy it up front you get it for half price. It wasn't offered to us and when I went to get it, they wouldn't give me a better price. I got 10% off at checkout but I think they should have given for half price. Overall it was a good choice and I'd go back there again
3 night trip with friends Aug 6, 2015
Robbin
"Mrs Bessie"
Nice n clean hotel , friendly staff...love this hotel .
3 night family trip Jul 16, 2015
BESSIE
SG
"Lovely"
we really liked this hotel . The reception staff we very friendy and helpful. Breakfast was terrible, with nothing being replenished, and service very poor. The room was lovey and very comfortable. I would recommend this hotel
2 night romance trip Jul 11, 2015
"Beautiful views, excellent staff and tasty breakfa"
Stayed two nights with a group of friends. The hotel is comfortable, clean, on a lovely canal next to which you can sit outside for breakfast and drinks. Major down is the hotel's awful wifi. I couldn't connect on my ipad and apparently this happens to quite a lot of hotel guests. Bar at the back is buzzing and full of good looking locals.
Other trip Jul 20, 2015
Nice hotel, walking distance to museums, shopping and canal rides
Other trip Jul 20, 2015
We stayed a week at the Wyndham Apollo it was great, no complaints at all. Location was amazing just a quick tram to Centre Station and the Museum area, we walked it a few times as well no problem. Amsterdam is lovely and this hotel made our stay even better.
7 night romance trip Jul 4, 2015
"Quality hotel in good location"
This is a high quality exclusive hotel away from the intense hustle and bustle of the center but still only a 15 minute walk or 2 minute tram ride away from all the attractions and museums. The staff are helpful and efficient. There was a problem with gaining access to my room on check in but an alternative room was sorted quickly and I was given an upgrade to my room. The room was comfortable and beautifully decorated. The bathroom was exquisite in appearance with a good selection of complimentary toiletries. My only complaint was that when I used the shower, water would go over the entire floor of the bathroom (the shower had no tray as bathroom had a wet room design). The drinks and food at the hotel are extremely expensive so I did not eat or drink at the hotel. However, I did go into the bar area, which was warm, cosy and had an outside drinking area on the canal edge, extremely pleasant if you have the money to pay €15 for one cocktail or €8 for a single shot of spirits. I would definitely stay here again but not use the bar or restaurant facilities unless I had acquired riches.
Other trip Jul 11, 2015
Britgirl
"Business trip"
Overall a great stay. Hotel has great Restruant at ground floor with amazing food and very good service. I liked the hotel very much and will stay there for my next trip
5 night business trip Jun 28, 2015
Manan
IN
"Fantastic resort"
Fantastic Hotel with terrific staff that were eager to help with all my quiries.
2 night trip Jun 27, 2015
Graham
Most of the rooms have been renovated recently. Hotel is nice, location is great.
1 night business trip Jun 30, 2015
Guido
"Up grade to a suite withe water front view."
Clean room upgraded to a suite with water front view. Perfect room.
2 night business trip Jun 27, 2015
"Worth staying."
Thoroughly enjoyed my stay here, Great area just a little way out of town but easy access to the city by tram. the reception staff were amazing, assisted me with all of my enquiries and very friendly. The hotel is modernly appointed and the veiw from sitting in the bar lounge is quite tranquil.
1 night trip Jun 26, 2015
Graham
"Pleasant hotel near to in quiet corner of Amsetrda"
Walked to hotel from Amsetrdam Zuid station. Hotel overlooks canal at eastern end of Apollolaan
Other trip Jun 5, 2015
"Great location with one of the hippest restaurant/"
Great view, amazing new restaurant and bar, harbour club, one of the best places in Amsterdam
1 night business trip May 26, 2015
IL
"Great hotel for city break!"
Very smart & clean hotel with friendly and helpful staff. Our room had a breathtaking view of the canal. We opted not to have breakfast in the hotel and instead tried out some of the local spots- our favourite being Bakers & roasters for an amazing breakfast! Loved being able to rent the bikes from the hotel - it was a very easy cycle to the centre and nice not to be too in the middle of as it can be crazy! Highly recommended.
Other trip May 5, 2015
weekend breaker
"Great hotel, let down by a simple lack of action."
Lighting failed in bathroom. Advised front desk at 1800hrs to please repair. Arrived back from dinner at 2100hrs, no action taken. Called desk again, advised of situation. Waited another 20 minutes - no action, Called again - no action. called again - finally fuse reset somewhere outside of room, problem solved. All that time bathroom out of action - too black to see anything. Employee apologised, said got busy and forgot. Were there enough staff on duty? Basically could have been addressed within minutes and a shame it took so long to solve a simple matter. Ironically, the fuse tripped again and did have to be reset again. We had only plugged in one farm charger and not in the bathroom. Obviously something not right with circuit.
2 night family trip May 1, 2015
Bryce
"Definitely stay here again!"
Great location on the canal... nice outdoor seating for the bar.
1 night business trip Apr 22, 2015
"Clean and comfortable"
We spent two days here and the cleanliness of the hotel cannot be faulted. The room we had was fresh and spacious and has tea/coffee facilities in the room along with an iron and board. The staff were very helpful and very pleasant and quite informative. I can find no negative about the room, staff and facitities the only negative I observed was the breakfast but this is a minor as the staff were slow to replinsh some of the food and had run out of a few things. The hotel is slightly outside the main area and you do need to get transport into the centre and once we had navigated the public transport system is was actually quite easy to get into the city.
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
We arrived late and were given an upgrade. Beautiful room and great view over the canal. Staff all friendly and very helpful. We were able to buy tickets for local attractions from the concierge which we found very good as it saved us having to join queues. Would recommend and use again.
Other trip Apr 12, 2015
Rex
"Family visit"
Very enjoyable stay.An ideal spot for visiting our family.
4 night family trip Mar 26, 2015
Ian
"Good option for RAI"
Stayed here whilst attending an event at the RAI. Ten minute walk (or EUR 10 taxi). Lovely setting on the canal. Nice bar/restaurant and breakfast - although the breakfast can get a little stretched when busy. Short taxi ride to centre of town and free shuttle bus to the airport. Taxi would be EUR 45. Professional staff and clean and tidy hotel.
4 night business trip Mar 22, 2015