All hotels in Dallas, Texas, United States of America

2.3
    2.5
    2.3
    2.9
"Improvements are great, however...."
This hotel also has permanent residents and were told upon check-in that refrigerator / microwave could not be guaranteed for guests that were not long-term residents. This is a new policy as this is the 7th time we have stayed here for this event. It is crucial for us to have those items and will not be staying here when we return to Dallas if this policy is still followed, no matter how convenient the location. Property shows many signs of aging, but after asking, had everything we needed, room was comfortable and the staff was very willing to assist.
5 night trip Nov 26, 2013
"Dont be fooled by the pics of the reception area"
You get what you pay for ... I got fooled with the pictures of the reception area which is nice in fact. My excitement only lasted till I reached the 8th floor and exited the elevator. It smelt of low maintenance right as the elevator doors opened. The carpet in the walkway pretty much prepared me on what to expect. Shabby room overall. The bathroom state was ok. The TV was a joke, max 10 channels in which may be 5 work with some clarity! The remote battery was dead. Pillows display their age and abuse. Yuck!
1 night trip Oct 17, 2013
"Hard to believe"
I understand that these was not a 5 star hotel, but there some no negotiable minimum expectations at any hotel. First of all the room did not had light, there was a light in the bathroom and on top of the sink, but that was it. For TV I was not expecting a 19" tube TV with 10 channels but 5 of them fading constantly. The carpet was dirty, but I mean dirty not stained. It seem like there was some drywall job done recently and the dust and drywall pieces were still on the carpet. Also there was a weird damp smell in the room. The last thing, but pretty bad too, was that the AC unit could no be adjusted so it could only work full blast. Which made the room super cold.
Other trip Oct 20, 2013
Monica
"Close to downtown"
The hotel is clean, but very, very run-down. That being said, the outside/pool area was very nice. I hope that it is renovated soon.
1 night trip Oct 11, 2013
"football game"
toilet would not stop running, found hair in the tub
Other trip Oct 13, 2013
"it's so old!!"
So my boyfriend and I came out here for a football game when we landed we found out that our reservation has been cancelled at holiday inn so we were searching desperately fire a hotel that wasn't booked. We found this one and I didn't see any pictures or anything first but it was $155 for 2 nights, I figured it had to be a decent hotel.. when we arrived it seemed good, the lobby was nice the front desk agents weren't professional though but they were nice. We went up to the room old, like a motel 6 the small tvs were fuzzy we had circuits go out in the bathroom and there was no shower curtain, when I called for more towels they wanted me to go get them.. but It was clean there were no bugs and a roof over our Head . I probably won't be staying here again willingly but if I was stranded and this was the only place open I would.
2 night business trip Oct 5, 2013
Victoria
"Groc. store inside hotel! shuttle serv 2 luv fld."
It was very pleasant; staff as well. Frig & micro so I could have the nice frozen meal I bought at the CONVENIENCE STORE INSIDE THE HOTEL! I bought ice cream for dessert at that same store. It is the hotel I will return to when I fly out again.
1 night trip Jul 28, 2013
Sherron
"Okay for the money"
The phone didn't work in the room. I missed a flight. There was a dirty wash rag in the shower curtain, but other than that, it was fine. I should have just asked to switch rooms to a phone that worked.
Other trip Aug 11, 2013
"stinky, dirty room"
not good. the hotel smells like it was hosting a cigertte convention. We reserved a 2 bed room and receicved a single bed, and the room smelled horrible. after another 10 minute wait at the desk we got another room, which smelled bed, and was not very clean. the ice maker didnt work, and it looked like some bad things had happened in the room across from us.
Other trip Aug 10, 2013
"Meh"
The tv was ancient with crappy signal. There were no towels. The sheets had cigarrette burns even though it was a no smoking room.
Other trip Aug 5, 2013
"Nasty hotel, wouldn't even recommend to my enemies"
There was no door on our bathroom, had to get new room. It was outdated, had no bed skirts, nasty bathrooms, bedding, carpet, the list look goes on. The pool was the only bearable thing.
Other trip Jul 31, 2013
amy
The tub/shower looked like it had sewage backup in it. It smelled musty, The shuttle was very accomodating. We only stayed 3.5 hours.
1 night business trip Jun 30, 2013
Maryann
Easy in and out.......Best mattress ever!
1 night business trip Jul 20, 2013
"Bad Hotel Stay"
The shower did not work. There was no phone or TV remote control in the room.
Other trip Jul 26, 2013
Leta
"Overall enjoyable."
Older classic hotel, need of remodeling, but nice.
Other trip Jul 23, 2013
"Staff nice, hotel not so much"
Friendly service, however only one person at reception, and it took forever to get checked in. Only one elevator was working so had to wait on that as well. Our room key wouldn't work due to faulty lock. We made three trips downstairs to get it fixed which were failed attempts. Finally they sent someone up with a machine to get us in. Not to fix it. So if we left room someone had to stay in room to let you back in. So overall crappy.
Other trip Jul 22, 2013
mad
"Good hotel, poor staff"
The hotel was nice, loved the pool and hot tub. When we arrived, we got our room key and went to our room to find out it was already occupied, no big deal got a new room. It was nice, it wasnt very cool though, we reported it and it was fixed while we were out that day. We had a smoking room, and guess what they had no ashtrays. The next day we went to the front desk to get towels ( they wont bring them to you) and apparently they were out of them too.
Other trip Jul 22, 2013
Air conditioner not working. Furniture and carpeting were stained/dirty-looking. TV reception was bad. We were moved to another room. Better view, but was missing the iron, coffeepot was broken. The gym room equipment was poorly maintained. Carpeting was filthy so couldn't use floor equipment. Swimming pool was clean but the lounge chair pads were filthy or moldy looking.
Other trip Jul 17, 2013
Veronica
"Lacking"
The room was clean but the halls had an odor, I had 2 queen beds yet I only received 2 paper thin bath towels, 1 hand and washcloth, no bath mat and curtains didnt fully close at night.
1 night trip Jul 13, 2013
OF
"Not what we expected"
First of all, after checking in, we tried several times to enter the room, the cards did not work, having to change them twice to get additional cards to know avail door still would not open. Went to the desk clerk, she offered to open the door, it still would not open. Desk clerk offered three other rooms before we were able to gain access to one. Then, we decided to stay one additional night. The desk clerk informed us that the rate from Expedia was better, so we booked it through them only to find our card not working, no towels had been replaced, no new soap, no trash cans in the room, not one chair. Had to go back to the desk clerk three times to get towels, and a key new card to get into the room. After telling the desk clerk about the missing chair and waste baskets, we constantly received apologies from the staff, but no action was taken. We certainly not recommend this hotel.
Other trip Jul 16, 2013
Ivan
"Close to all must see sights"
During our stay at the Stering hotel, we were very unsatisfied with the hotel services. While staying there, over the course of a weekend we didn't received any hotel cleaning services. Not once did they come and take out the trash, make up our beds, and we did not receive any towels without command. This experience made the whole trip disappointing, and we will never stay there again nor will we recommend it to others.
2 night family trip Jul 12, 2013
Anonymous
"we will stay there again"
when the fridge and microwave were not in our room, they fixed it right away and brought to our room. Loved the pool area!!
Other trip Jul 11, 2013
"Dont stay here"
It was horrible. I arrived with my husband and son and they gave us a room with no bathroom. We asked for another room and the one that we received the air was not working, it was hot as heck. The floor was more comfortable than the bed. Overall I will not be staying here again.
1 night trip Jun 29, 2013
"Our experience"
We arrived at the hotel at 11pm after an 8 hour drive. The first room we were given had a turn of the century(1900 not 2000) 18 inch TV that did work. After calling the front desk, we were given the room right next door. We were forced to leave the curtains open because their design continuously prevented the flow of air from the AC. The bed was as hard as the sidewalk, so during the middle of the night I almost opted to sleep outside since the room was lit up from the curtains being open. Outside would have been an upgrade except for probable security pitfalls. Keep in mind that this hotel is located in the market center in Dallas. Upon arriving, I asked the front desk person if market was nearby. He asked me what type of market was I looking for. I really think he thought I was looking for a good rib-eye. We checked out the next morning.
Other trip Jun 24, 2013
"awful hotel"
The carpet had stains. There was no remote for the TV. No coffee.
Other trip Jun 3, 2013
"Disatisfaction of Room"
I'm not happy with my room I had to change rooms twice
Business trip Jun 3, 2013
"Just a stop by"
Had a very enjoyable stay Could have bigger TV and vcr hook ups TV reminded me of the 60s
1 night trip May 25, 2013
"Worse Dallas trip ever"
When we checked in the hot water was so hot you could not take a shower. Then I called the help desk over and over finally they moved us from 131 to 128 another room. Then I could not access WiFi to do my work. I had to drive to McDonalds. I bought some food that I could not heat up in the room no microwave. It was the worse experience I ever had in Dallas. I would not recommend nobody to stay there.
1 night business trip Apr 15, 2013
"Only if you need an airport shuttle"
We picked this hotel for the airport shuttle. The room didn't even have a piece of paper in it. The only place to eat was the expensive hotel restaurant or a Bar b que place next door which wasn't open at 5 PM. I would not recommend staying here.
Other trip Mar 29, 2013
This place should not even be open!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a DUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1 night trip Mar 24, 2013
just bill
"Condition of Sterling Hotel"
The hotel needs some uplifts, but over all it is good for the price. I would stay there again.
Other trip Mar 26, 2013
"over night stay it was great will come back here"
customer service was good....had a issue with internet being done but they made it all good.
1 night trip Mar 7, 2013
AB
"Motel 6ish"
If you just need a roof over your head, it's cheap and they always have vacancy. But if you looking for a nice place to stay, don't go to the Sterling.
Other trip Mar 8, 2013
"Horrible"
Tiny bathrooms, one of our rooms was occupied, or recently occupied without being cleaned before they offered it to us. They asked if the room would work anyway instead of getting us a new room that had been cleaned. The drywall in the bathroom was falling apart. There was no continental breakfast. We should have just stayed at the motel 6 or the super 8, we probably would of had a better experience.
Other trip Mar 4, 2013
"Smelly room"
What a smelly room that will never have me go again!
Other trip Jan 31, 2013
Edward
"downtown Dallas"
it was fabulous!!
1 night trip Oct 13, 2012
"Waste & Disgusting Hotel.."
Sterling Hotel, Dallas is di most stinking hotel we have ever stayed. we stayed for two nites, we change room to another still the same filtiness. the carpet stinks, no towels, TV not working, No conplementry breakfast at all and the furnitures need changing. I will stop here. Thx for asking.
2 night business trip Oct 13, 2012
Joyce
"Poor Quality"
The quality of the hotel was below a two star rating.
3 night business trip Oct 10, 2012
scott
"Close to Dallas business area"
Yea, so the hotel is from the 70's, but it was exceptable for an overnight stay, the bed was soft, the sheets were clean, the overall room was clean. The tv was old and didnt really have enough channels, but unless your there to watch tv its ok. The Pool was nice, it goes from 3 to 9 ft deep, thats rare to see these days! the desk clerk was nice when we checked in, when we checked out the girls was kind of squirrely, but nice. the little coffee bar in the middle of the hotel is nice, they had starbucks coffee, but you have to pay at the reception desk - weird? that night we went to the grill/bar to eat. overall its a nice little bar, the bartender is a good bartender but not such a good waitress. She was really nice and apologetic when she forgot half our order, but the pizza was really really good. she seemed overwhellemed with phone orders and about 6 people at the bar and 3 other tables, i almost wanted to get up and help her! She was super nice and i felt they should have had someone esle there to help her. So overall - if you have business anywhere near the dallas market area, its a nice good cheap place to stay...
1 night business trip Jul 26, 2012
TexasGirl0513
the staff were not very friendly and did not know how to run the front desk. The halls were very dirty and my room was not cleaned very good. At 12:20 am a security quard tries to open my door but the chain was on the door, and starts saying that I was not suppose to be there. I had to go down to the front desk and ask what was going on. the fron desk forgot to update the guest list. I was so disappointed that I was suppose to stay 3 days but I checked out in 1 day. Bad place to stay.
3 night trip Jul 1, 2012
Rudy

"Commet"
The door was hard to open the contol to the tv was broken i was not happy with the room nothing work in this room
1 night trip Oct 5, 2013
Santiago
MX
Je recommande cette hôtel pour l'aceuille et la gentillesse du personel
3 night trip Apr 9, 2013
Christian
FR
"pesimas condiciones del hotel"
las condiciones y limpieza del hotel fatales...no vuelvo a este hotel nunca mas.
4 night business trip Jan 28, 2013
IT
2 night family trip Jul 23, 2013
AT

TripAdvisor reviews for Sterling Hotel

"THIS PLACE IS A DUMP! GAMBLERS PARADISE....."
06/23/15 HOBOSCRATCH8830 Garland, Texas
I stayed here. The lobby was not too bad. The rooms are awful and looks like the windows have never been cleaned. Roaches everywhere...Crappy mattresses...The price is not worth it..$899 per month. Lots of degenerates and shady people all over the place. The owner lives there and is a degenerate gambler. Lots of gambling going on here..If you like a crappy place to live and you’re a gambler then this place is for you...
"DO NOT STAY HERE!!"
03/20/15 AJ J South Houston, Texas
They sold us a room that was not ready to rent. It had dead bugs on the floor and ROACHES. They gave us a room with a busted TV, no towels, no pillows, and DIRTY. They promised us a renovated room, and we got a room far from it...when I asked for a refund, the sales person threatened us and kicked us off of the property. DO NOT STAY HERE IF YOU VALUE YOUR MONEY, SAFETY, & COMFORT. Did I mention that it is right down the street from a jail?? Wifi did not work. Poorest customer service and we ever experienced! This hotel should be shut down
"Worst and Horrible!!!!!"
02/28/15 Roland C Arlington, Texas
Hotel need to shutdown!!!!! I don't have a choice to take this hotel because of the weather condition! First smell was bad, nasty carpet, bedding smell like a mold! I will rather stay at my car instead of staying to this hotel! Waste of money!
"Glad That Is Over"
02/27/15 TheRealHadrian Dallas, Texas
First and foremost you can't compare this "hotel" with say a Stay Bridge or a Candlewood Suites if we are talking long term hotels. I stayed in the The Sterling for over 100 days. I self relocated to Dallas so my company was not covering any expenses. The Sterling was the cheapest with the least amount of crime in the vicinity of the places I looked. Let's talk about some positive aspects first. The floor I was on was very quite and the people seemed level headed. I had fantastic view of their nasty dumpster as well. Room service was once a week and they did a pretty solid job. Nothing from what I can tell was touched or stolen. I tried leaving tips but they never took it. Construction on the "Renovated" floor was shoddy. Still better than the other floors...if you can swing it pay the extra money to stay on 7. When I checked in the towel rack was on the toilet along with most of the wall. I talked to the woman at the front desk and that was useless. It took a few days but the wall got patched and the towel rack sat on the floor for over a hundred days. The room had bugs. No telling how many bugs crawled on me at night when I slept but I just dealt with it. The people staying there range from hard working people down on their luck, professionals and some shady looking characters. Honestly I never had an issue with anyone of the residents there. The elevators always felt like they were going to fail at any second. I did ride an elevator with a guy rolling a piano around. The poor parking garage maybe has another 4.0 earthquake left in it. The exterior is in rough shape. The bar is an experience in of its self. Good bartenders and no smoking. Not a bad dive bar at all. The people watching is amazing. The "hotel" likes when you pay in cash. My sales person told me they screw up credit card payments a lot. I paid in cash the entire time. Still kept a card on file. Laundry is reasonable. Nothing nearby to eat and no shopping close. Internet is horrible maybe upswell some sweet bandwidth? I'm just glad my time there is over.
"Ya get what ya pay for.."
02/19/15 Guest325 Surprise, Arizona
We had just moved to Dallas from out of state and needed something reasonable. I had seen their ads online and this seemed fine. At first it was. Room was ok, staff was ok.. It got "shakey" when we had a theft occur on one of our vehicles, the security guy (who is probably just a resident there working off rent) was a jerk about it. Got all sorts of stories as to why they could not viee the security cameras.. Even more run around from Darryl the hotel guest manager. I will say this though, Darryl has some background in hardcore sales as he can talk circles that can confuse even an intelligent person. So good that he should be in politics. Bottom line is, it is questionable here. There are some true characters. Including a couple liars. Beware, probly pay the extra money for good quality service and attention.
"This place Doesn't Deserve a Rating !"
01/01/15 Doug B Houston, Texas
I lived at Sterling for one month on a monthly plan. The management could careless about any issues that arise. When I arrived the room was dirty. I had to clean the room top to bottom. I am NOT kidding. The internet is monitored by the hotel. It does not matter if you have a firewall , internet security, they back door your system, cut you off, they play some kind of game as they control it. I had bugs crawling around the refrigerator, dead ones in the refrigerator, it took a month of spraying to get rid of them. This place could careless. They only want your money and once they get as far as they are concerned- You Should Have Learned Your Lesson - Don't Come Back ! I dare you to stay at this place - and do not complain after reading this.
"Don't Stay Here.."
09/29/14 Keith J Nashville, Tennessee
Let me first start I have worked in the Hotel industry for 12 years and I currently work for a airline for 3 years so I know good service.. This is one of the worst hotels I've ever stayed in.. We checked in and the first room 308 didn't have aTV the room was dingy and no towels or soap.. They moved us to room 303 and it reaked of Urine..I went downstairs twice getting room keys.. We moved to room 205 and the smell of bleach was so bad it burned your nose. I went back downstairs a third time and was told this was one of two rooms left and the front desk girl checked the other room and said it smelled like bleech..I felt sorry for the front desk girl cause I know it wasn't her fault but poor management and staffing... She was doing all she could but the issue was the hotel itself.. I told her we would run out for a few hours and let it air out.. Upon returning the room aired out somewhat but still smelled of bleach.. We didn't have but one set of towels and no soap.. In the morning there was no iron in the room and the front desk manger tells me I had to wait until the house cleaners came.. That's no excuse I've worked at extended stay hotel before and Night Auditors have excess to linen or towels and other things like soap, coffee and towels even alarm clocks..I was at my last wit and told him he needed to take something off my bill and he did that's the only thing that was done.. The front lobby is the other thing that's nice but the hallways are FILTHY and the rooms are nothing to write home about.. They say they have a few nicer rooms but thats like hitting the lottery I guess because I had no luck.. Run and Run Far from this hotel..
"Glad I came and saw it for myself"
09/17/14 Kristy W
I read the previous reviews that were posted about this hotel, but decided to come see for myself. Honestly I was thoroughly surprised when I got here. The lobby is beautiful and the staff is very friendly and helpful. The one thing that stood out the most for me when I arrived was Darrell. He is the sales coordinator, I think. He gave me a tour of the hotel and allowed me to see the different rooms available. He was very informative and they actually allow you to choose the room you want. I was in the market for a monthly rental and you couldn't beat their price. My room was of five star quality from the choice of bedding to the updated furniture and flat screen television. The room itself was very clean. The pool and spa was greatly kept. The view of downtown from my room at night was spectacular, even though the hotel is located in an industrial area. The hotel has a restaurant/bar and a store inside, which was very convenient and the prices were very reasonable. The maid service was great always did a great job cleaning my room. Every Friday and Saturday night I went upstairs to the penthouse for blues, drinks and just a great time. I didn't have a problem with noise from neighbors like you normally get at hotels. I did receive help from a very nice security guard named Phil he was patrolling the parking garage and was nice enough to escort me to my car at night. I didn't experience any security issues while I was there, but knowing that they have a guy like Phil as security made me feel even more secure during my stay. I could go in forever about my experience at this hotel but it's better to just experience it yourself. I will definitely be returning to this hotel
"Disgusting and Filthy Hotel"
08/17/14 Bigtexcookin
Run away. Far far away! You would be better off in a cardboard box outside. The pictures I am posting are of the kitchen. Eat here and get a side of ebola with it! The owner of this slum should be ashamed!
"Not a price gouge.......(Not exactly the Hilton)"
07/19/14 bill b Dallas, Texas
After checking prices for a 30 day stay (or longer) within a close proximity to Downtown Dallas for a "decent" place, to say I felt as if I were being extorted is an understatement. Stumbled across this older hotel not far from downtown. Things didn't get off to a good start. Wi-Fi sluggish, no towels in my room, a/c seemed weak and noisy. Gentleman who filled out my paperwork and checked me in immediately moved me to another floor and WOW. It seemed like a different hotel. Room was dramatically updated. At this price range I wasn't seeing the sketchy patronage I thought would be a given. Had they not dealt with my issues and corrected them in such a prompt fashion the rating would be much lower.