All hotels in Dallas, Texas, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here1055 Regal Row, Dallas, TX, 75247, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.3

AT

TripAdvisor reviews for Sterling Hotel

"DO NOT STAY HERE!!"
03/20/15 AJ J South Houston, Texas
They sold us a room that was not ready to rent. It had dead bugs on the floor and ROACHES. They gave us a room with a busted TV, no towels, no pillows, and DIRTY. They promised us a renovated room, and we got a room far from it...when I asked for a refund, the sales person threatened us and kicked us off of the property. DO NOT STAY HERE IF YOU VALUE YOUR MONEY, SAFETY, & COMFORT. Did I mention that it is right down the street from a jail?? Wifi did not work. Poorest customer service and we ever experienced! This hotel should be shut down
"Worst and Horrible!!!!!"
02/28/15 Roland C Arlington, Texas
Hotel need to shutdown!!!!! I don't have a choice to take this hotel because of the weather condition! First smell was bad, nasty carpet, bedding smell like a mold! I will rather stay at my car instead of staying to this hotel! Waste of money!
"Glad That Is Over"
02/27/15 TheRealHadrian Dallas, Texas
First and foremost you can't compare this "hotel" with say a Stay Bridge or a Candlewood Suites if we are talking long term hotels. I stayed in the The Sterling for over 100 days. I self relocated to Dallas so my company was not covering any expenses. The Sterling was the cheapest with the least amount of crime in the vicinity of the places I looked. Let's talk about some positive aspects first. The floor I was on was very quite and the people seemed level headed. I had fantastic view of their nasty dumpster as well. Room service was once a week and they did a pretty solid job. Nothing from what I can tell was touched or stolen. I tried leaving tips but they never took it. Construction on the "Renovated" floor was shoddy. Still better than the other floors...if you can swing it pay the extra money to stay on 7. When I checked in the towel rack was on the toilet along with most of the wall. I talked to the woman at the front desk and that was useless. It took a few days but the wall got patched and the towel rack sat on the floor for over a hundred days. The room had bugs. No telling how many bugs crawled on me at night when I slept but I just dealt with it. The people staying there range from hard working people down on their luck, professionals and some shady looking characters. Honestly I never had an issue with anyone of the residents there. The elevators always felt like they were going to fail at any second. I did ride an elevator with a guy rolling a piano around. The poor parking garage maybe has another 4.0 earthquake left in it. The exterior is in rough shape. The bar is an experience in of its self. Good bartenders and no smoking. Not a bad dive bar at all. The people watching is amazing. The "hotel" likes when you pay in cash. My sales person told me they screw up credit card payments a lot. I paid in cash the entire time. Still kept a card on file. Laundry is reasonable. Nothing nearby to eat and no shopping close. Internet is horrible maybe upswell some sweet bandwidth? I'm just glad my time there is over.
"Ya get what ya pay for.."
02/19/15 Guest325 Surprise, Arizona
We had just moved to Dallas from out of state and needed something reasonable. I had seen their ads online and this seemed fine. At first it was. Room was ok, staff was ok.. It got "shakey" when we had a theft occur on one of our vehicles, the security guy (who is probably just a resident there working off rent) was a jerk about it. Got all sorts of stories as to why they could not viee the security cameras.. Even more run around from Darryl the hotel guest manager. I will say this though, Darryl has some background in hardcore sales as he can talk circles that can confuse even an intelligent person. So good that he should be in politics. Bottom line is, it is questionable here. There are some true characters. Including a couple liars. Beware, probly pay the extra money for good quality service and attention.
"This place Doesn't Deserve a Rating !"
01/01/15 Doug B Houston, Texas
I lived at Sterling for one month on a monthly plan. The management could careless about any issues that arise. When I arrived the room was dirty. I had to clean the room top to bottom. I am NOT kidding. The internet is monitored by the hotel. It does not matter if you have a firewall , internet security, they back door your system, cut you off, they play some kind of game as they control it. I had bugs crawling around the refrigerator, dead ones in the refrigerator, it took a month of spraying to get rid of them. This place could careless. They only want your money and once they get as far as they are concerned- You Should Have Learned Your Lesson - Don't Come Back ! I dare you to stay at this place - and do not complain after reading this.
"Don't Stay Here.."
09/29/14 Keith J Nashville, Tennessee
Let me first start I have worked in the Hotel industry for 12 years and I currently work for a airline for 3 years so I know good service.. This is one of the worst hotels I've ever stayed in.. We checked in and the first room 308 didn't have aTV the room was dingy and no towels or soap.. They moved us to room 303 and it reaked of Urine..I went downstairs twice getting room keys.. We moved to room 205 and the smell of bleach was so bad it burned your nose. I went back downstairs a third time and was told this was one of two rooms left and the front desk girl checked the other room and said it smelled like bleech..I felt sorry for the front desk girl cause I know it wasn't her fault but poor management and staffing... She was doing all she could but the issue was the hotel itself.. I told her we would run out for a few hours and let it air out.. Upon returning the room aired out somewhat but still smelled of bleach.. We didn't have but one set of towels and no soap.. In the morning there was no iron in the room and the front desk manger tells me I had to wait until the house cleaners came.. That's no excuse I've worked at extended stay hotel before and Night Auditors have excess to linen or towels and other things like soap, coffee and towels even alarm clocks..I was at my last wit and told him he needed to take something off my bill and he did that's the only thing that was done.. The front lobby is the other thing that's nice but the hallways are FILTHY and the rooms are nothing to write home about.. They say they have a few nicer rooms but thats like hitting the lottery I guess because I had no luck.. Run and Run Far from this hotel..
"Glad I came and saw it for myself"
09/17/14 Kristy W
I read the previous reviews that were posted about this hotel, but decided to come see for myself. Honestly I was thoroughly surprised when I got here. The lobby is beautiful and the staff is very friendly and helpful. The one thing that stood out the most for me when I arrived was Darrell. He is the sales coordinator, I think. He gave me a tour of the hotel and allowed me to see the different rooms available. He was very informative and they actually allow you to choose the room you want. I was in the market for a monthly rental and you couldn't beat their price. My room was of five star quality from the choice of bedding to the updated furniture and flat screen television. The room itself was very clean. The pool and spa was greatly kept. The view of downtown from my room at night was spectacular, even though the hotel is located in an industrial area. The hotel has a restaurant/bar and a store inside, which was very convenient and the prices were very reasonable. The maid service was great always did a great job cleaning my room. Every Friday and Saturday night I went upstairs to the penthouse for blues, drinks and just a great time. I didn't have a problem with noise from neighbors like you normally get at hotels. I did receive help from a very nice security guard named Phil he was patrolling the parking garage and was nice enough to escort me to my car at night. I didn't experience any security issues while I was there, but knowing that they have a guy like Phil as security made me feel even more secure during my stay. I could go in forever about my experience at this hotel but it's better to just experience it yourself. I will definitely be returning to this hotel
"Disgusting and Filthy Hotel"
08/17/14 Bigtexcookin
Run away. Far far away! You would be better off in a cardboard box outside. The pictures I am posting are of the kitchen. Eat here and get a side of ebola with it! The owner of this slum should be ashamed!
"Not a price gouge.......(Not exactly the Hilton)"
07/19/14 bill b Dallas, Texas
After checking prices for a 30 day stay (or longer) within a close proximity to Downtown Dallas for a "decent" place, to say I felt as if I were being extorted is an understatement. Stumbled across this older hotel not far from downtown. Things didn't get off to a good start. Wi-Fi sluggish, no towels in my room, a/c seemed weak and noisy. Gentleman who filled out my paperwork and checked me in immediately moved me to another floor and WOW. It seemed like a different hotel. Room was dramatically updated. At this price range I wasn't seeing the sketchy patronage I thought would be a given. Had they not dealt with my issues and corrected them in such a prompt fashion the rating would be much lower.
""For the price, you can't beat it. I would recommend it to most anyone.""
07/18/14 keyboardist4him Dallas, Texas
"Upon entrance, off to your left, there is a nice gathering area with a Grand Piano, coffee bar, a and a 70's-style Grand Staircase that leads to upper ballrooms/dance floors, and private meeting rooms. Many floors have been recently renovated to a modern style, with each one different than the other. Blues & Country bands still grace the top Penthouse level, with excellent views of Dallas downtown.