All hotels in Longueuil, Quebec, Canada

Poor vibe
  • Bar
    Bar is not good
"Hotel on subway line"
We had a big car and didn't want to drive or park in the city and planned to use the subway...this location worked great for us
2 night family trip Aug 31, 2014
Dada
"Location of hotel"
Hotel is next to the subway station which makes it great location. you can leave your car at parking lot and take the train to downtown Montreal or anywhere. Hotel staff are very friendly, a plus! WiFi is very slow in room and lobby. Restaurant is nice. Hotel facilities including room are clean, some area need renovation. Overall this is a great hotel.
Other trip Sep 3, 2014
SC
Satisfied !
1 night trip Aug 29, 2014
Mm
"An ok experience"
Room is clean, but small. Wifi signal is very bad. And even our room is on the 10th floor, it is still noisy from the street.
1 night trip Aug 27, 2014
"Great location!"
The hotel is just next to the metro station. Just 3 stops away from Victoria Square.
1 night trip Aug 29, 2014
No internet connection for two nights we stayed there. We complained to them 4 times about the bad internet connection. At first, they wanted to bill us for fixing the wifi in the room, but then they said they can't do anything about it. Phone in the room was not working as well so we had to take elevator down from 11th floor to talk to hotel front desk clerk.
2 night trip Aug 27, 2014
Serena
"Great Value!"
4 nites in Montreal to help our daughter get settled into to her new apt. for the coming school year. Hotel was great for this was only 15 min drive to Mont Royal area. Hotel was very modern, clean and with free parking. Would definitely stay again.
1 night family trip Aug 28, 2014
Cory
"Good and cheap"
Good and cheap good staff i paid 1 $120 dont pay more than that
Other trip Aug 28, 2014
yurikurik
Overall we had a great stay. The lobby is big and nice. The room is spacious and clean. Free parking. Internet is slower than expected. The check-in process took more than 20 min even though we have paid via Expedia. The staff at the front desk could be more efficient.
Other trip Aug 28, 2014
"I can recommend"
Nice and clean...It looks bit old from outside but keep quite clean inside. Decent sized swimming pool but I haven't try so not much to say. The hotel serves breafast buffet (about 12 bucks) which was nice but in most of all, location worked really okay with me. It is not located in busy downtown but only pass over a bridge to get to old Montreal downtown. There is metro station right next to the hotel so easy access to pretty much everywhere. I will probably stay at the hotel again for my next trip.
Other trip Aug 27, 2014
My stay at the hotel was great but the dinner was excellent. The hotel service was excellent.
1 night trip Aug 24, 2014
Lucette
"A great base from which to explore Montreal"
The Sandman is a high-rise hotel across the river from downtown Montreal. What made it an especially good location for us was that right next door is a subway station, so even when it’s raining, you can get around without getting particularly wet.The subway/bus station has an ATM, a McDonald’s, and a convenience store, so those amenities are all available within a few hundred yards of the hotel. The room we had was nice with a king-sized bed, sofabed, desk, and a fridge. I have to admit that I wasn’t really prepared for the prevalence of French language in Quebec, but the staff at the front desk were bilingual and very helpful. They assured us we’d find English-speaking folks most places we went and they were right. Even from the 14th floor, we still got some road noise from two surrounding highways, but it didn’t keep us awake. We found the hotel’s WiFi service flakey and weren’t able to use it much of the time we were there. Breakfast at the hotel’s restaurant is $11 per person, so you might want to find an alternative.
3 night family trip Aug 12, 2014
dmarkwind
"Friendly staff but"
The bedding had holes in it! We had a room with 2 beds and both beds had bad blankets. When we asked for another we never got it. Granted it might not be a sanitary issue but it looked bad.
1 night trip Aug 22, 2014
Al
"Good stay and access to Montreal was easy."
We wanted a decent hotel that would allow us to experience Montreal without a car and whose location enabled us to get around easily. This hotel provided all that. The room was large enough although tight to get to the desk. Bathroom was a good size and coffee provided was Seattle's Best.
Other trip Aug 24, 2014
"Nice hotel, price was great. I will come back."
Everyone seems to speak French as a first language but English also. No language problems at all. The metro seems complicated to use but is very useful.
Other trip Aug 23, 2014
Ron
Chose hotel for the convenience to the metro station (across the street), the easy access to the highway and the included parking. The staff was nice and friendly. Did not use any of the amenities but they were there for the asking such as the pool, the restaurant, the gift shop, etc. Our room was on the 11th floor and had a great view. Furniture and room itself were dated but beds were comfortable, bathroom and room were clean. Nice flat tv but not enough channels. Would have loved to have a microwave and refrigerator but weren't completely necessary either. The hotel served our needs so, therefore, we were very happy with the selection. Would stay there again.
1 night trip Aug 19, 2014
R. Bido
"Convenient, but forget wifi"
Being next to the Metro was very convenient. Service was excellent, in both French and English. The room was clean, although it was a bit small. BUT - and this was a big one for us, the wifi constantly cut out, and when it was working, it was sloooowwww. When I asked at the desk, they wanted me to talk to "tech support" which did nothing. Finally they gave me a wifi booster, but it didn't help very much.
4 night trip Aug 17, 2014
"Air conditioner unit very noisy"
Not bad and good location next to metro.free parking a plus.room OK but bathroom light did not work and noisy air conditioner.
1 night family trip Aug 12, 2014
chris
"Meh"
It's fine for a night or two. Hotel feels dated. It's across the river, outside of downtown, so it's easy to get to downtown from but hard to get back to at night. If the metro interests you, it's right on a metro stop. $12 round trip had us taking our car and paying to park. All in all, it was ok. If we were to visit Montreal again, I wouldn't stay here again.
2 night trip Aug 10, 2014
"credit card issues"
The staff does not seem to have mastered the credit card arrangements. My Capital One card was not accepted by the desk at checkin since it was not embossed, an imprint was necessary and a photocopy of the card was unacceptable to them. I had to use a different card, which came with currency transaction fees. But on the next day, the desk clerk said I had NO credit card on file at all yet proceeded to take my Capital One card with no problem in payment for the breakfast. First time during an entire week in Canada I had a problem with this credit card. The hotel is very convenient to the Montreal Metro, has a very good breakfast (but a bit steep at 12 dollars), and provides free parking. The wifi was a bit inconsistent in quality.
Other trip Aug 14, 2014
US tourist
Hotei is located very close to a metro station which makes it convenient. Staff was acceptably nice. However, a poor internet connection, no safe in the rooms, and a toilet that didn't flush right marred the otherwise great experience.
Other trip Aug 14, 2014
"close to on our way"
it was nice that everything was excellent, and it was nice that a room was ready when we got there
Other trip Aug 13, 2014
"right next to Metro station"
Our double queen room was very nice. Hotel didn't have roll away for our 5th person but we had an inflatable mattress so no worries. Busy weekend in Montreal so had to go outside city but this hotel is literally across the street from the Metro station and parking is free!!!!
2 night family trip Aug 1, 2014
The room was very clean. Nice place to stay. Close to a few good restaurants.
Other trip Aug 1, 2014
"Very nice high-rise hotel"
This hotel is right next to the metro (subway). It was a clean, quiet room overlooking Montreal Island and La Ronde. Great location and staff.
1 night family trip Jul 22, 2014
TJ
Excelent
1 night business trip Jul 27, 2014
beatrice
"Senior travelers"
Loved the location- close to the metro station. Within driving distance to the town where many street cafés offered great food and music from the park across the street. Very helpful staff. Easy parking.
1 night family trip Jul 18, 2014
"Convenient via metro to Montreal"
Some of the the finishes in the bathroom and carpeting are a bit dated. But with that being said the hotel is very clean and the people that work there are very nice. The metro to Montreal is across the street. Pretty good value for the money.
2 night trip Jul 25, 2014
"Nice hotel in nice location"
The hotel is old and in some areas it needs upgrading. Having said that the rooms are large and clean and the public areas are well maintained. The hotel is only a very short walk to the metro and this provides a short inexpensive ride into the city and its numerous restaurants. Free parking and internet are a nice bonus. The hotel is very well located next to the highway yet we did not notice any noise from traffic.
2 night trip Jul 21, 2014
Peter Booth
"Great hotel, great location, great value.poor wifi"
everything was wonderful about this hotel, free parking, great pool, great location just feet from the metro. the only problem, the internet. it only worked sometimes, and the front desk did not acknowledge a problem.
1 night trip Jul 23, 2014
sd
"Good stay"
Everything was nice, and the pool was perfect for our young kids with a shallow section, src. Wifi was spotty, but otherwise very satisfied
1 night family trip Jul 22, 2014
"Across the river from downtown Montreal"
I had difficulty finding a room in downtown when I arrived so booked this one as reasonably priced (compared to say the Hilton at $244 CDN/night). It is less than 5 miles from downtown Montreal across the river over the Jaques Cartier bridge. It is also right next to the metro but I didn't use that. The staff all speaks English (and French of course) but this isn't true of staff at nearby businesses in Longueuil (I visited McDonald's, Tim Horton, gas/petrol stations). The people at these businesses were helpful nonetheless but if English is important to you then staying in downtown or old town might work out better for you.
Other trip Jul 23, 2014
"Nice hotel close to public transportation"
Great location to watch the fireworks competitions! Close to La Ronde
Other trip Jul 22, 2014
Jess
"Loved it"
I was kinda scared after reading some of the reviews, but we extended from one night to three. The staff was great, the room was great and the metro station being across the street was a lifesaver. Will definitely stay here next time!
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
Ben
"One and only Sandman on the East Coast"
I was highly impressed by 2 things: water pressure of the shower and great breakfast. It is right next to Metro station. One negative thing: this hotel shall not take Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa, it has a chip but lacks old fashioned raised letters of the name and the account. For some unholy reason this hotel want to take an imprint of the card's face, yes, like it was done in 1980's. They refused my Sapphire Preferred and I had to produce another unsecured card.
2 night family trip Jul 11, 2014
Vladimir
"Close to the transportation"
When I arrive I was told I had to leave deposit they would n't take my card because it didn't have chip expedia should have prepared me for some arrangements
Other trip Jul 15, 2014
ELSIE
"Very convenient hotel"
We went to Montreal for 4th of July weekend and had a wonderful time! This hotel is literally right next door to the train station so getting into old Montreal and everywhere else was super easy to do. Check in was easy and the receptionist was very friendly. The room was clean and the bed was pretty comfortable. We had a nice view of downtown Montreal. You have to pay for breakfast if you want to eat at the hotel which was pretty decent. My husband connected to the wifi just fine but I had trouble with my phone so I believe it had to do with my phone. Definitely recommend this hotel to anyone that doesn't want to pay higher rates to stay in the middle of everything but doesn't mind a quick and easy train ride! Would definitely stay at the Sandman Hotel again!!
1 night trip Jul 3, 2014
Lily
"Next to La Ronde"
Our stay was OK. Room was clean and location was perfect since we were going to La Ronde the next morning. The pool was small but my boys enjoyed it because the water was warm. I was hoping their would be more stuff close to hotel but there is not. I also wish they had a small fridge in the room.
1 night trip Jul 2, 2014
Le Roy
"Acceptable"
Very Slow internet, but clean pool, clean rooms, no airport shuttle, friendly staff.
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
Ali
"Great location."
The hotel is very close to the subway station. The subway station also has convenient stores and McDonalds. The staff is also very helpful. I would stay there again.
3 night trip Jun 21, 2014
"Great economical hotel,fabulous location, bad rest"
Was not able to change my title! lovdd the hotel, nice, affirdable and so close to down town by metro. would stay here often, but will never eat at the resturant. it's over priced and not even that good. but you are like three subway stops away from downtown so it does not matter. the metro stop is like 100 feet away from the hotel, can't beat that. And staff is super helpful.
Other trip Jun 29, 2014
eliss
Room was fine, clean. Toilet ran after flushing but we were able to adjust. Requested not being near mechanicals, elevator or ice/vending machines. Room was directly next to all three! Fortunately the ice machine was broken so no noise. So much for requests being considered. Staff was helpful and considerate. Liked free parking in downtown Longuieul. Would recommend to others.
Other trip Jun 21, 2014
"Ideal location F1 race"
Enjoyable stay. Great attitude from staff, bar and breakfast. Quick response to problem with TV problem in room. Two problems. one-ice machine not working on my [12th flr.] two- slow drain in sink and bath. Great parking, Ideal locale to METRO, Good shopping, Pleasant neighborhood and inviting surroundings. Montreal Police provided polite & effective crowd control and security. Loved the METRO and the easy access to Montreal City from Sandman.
3 night trip Jun 6, 2014
"Nice hotel, close to public transportation."
Recomended, very good. close to public transportation and close to downtown.
Other trip Jun 7, 2014
"Great Budget Hotel"
This will be THE hotel to come to next time we are in Montreal!
3 night trip May 23, 2014
"Over the River"
Our stay in Longueuil was a pleasurable one. The Sandman is close to a quaint downtown strip including pizza restaurants, classy bistros, and a sushi quick stop. As the hotel is next to a transit hub, we could have gotten to downtown Montreal easily if the yellow train had been running. The stay turned from Montreal immersion into pool and sauna luxuriating. No complaints here!
1 night family trip Apr 12, 2014
Francesca
"Convenient and excellent as always"
I'm a frequent visitor to Montreal. I stay in sandman more often than anyplace else, and find it meets my needs best.
1 night business trip Apr 29, 2014
D S
"HS Band Trip"
The hotel room was very clean. The Breakfast Buffet was well worth the cost. The front desk staff was helpful and friendly. In general, I don't think that the Canadian businesses have the same level of customer service training as in the US, so when something negative was mentioned, they give you a confused look rather than immediately apologize for any inconvenience. Luckily I didn't need to complain, just noticed this happening to a customer in front of me in line at the front desk. I would stay there again in the future. Good experience overall.
3 night trip Apr 3, 2014
JD
"perfect for the money and convenient location"
I like location even if it is not in the heart of Montreal because in front of this hotel there is the subway and bus station. So you can be really quickly in the city ! And parking is free... This hotel is clean, rooms are large and comfortable, there is a swimming pool and sauna, we went it was pleasant with the cold outside !
2 night trip with friends Mar 7, 2014
"what a disapointment !"
the bed was awful.. from our room, we heard the noise of the highway all night long.. pillows not confttable at all.... only positive point : location ! close to the subway...
1 night family trip Mar 5, 2014