All hotels in Morgantown, West Virginia, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here1 Lakeview Dr, Morgantown, WV, 26508, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.9
"beautiful resort"
a wonderful stay. the course is immaculate. the restaurant all you can eat prime rib dinner was superb. room was recently updated and had all the conveniences. my 3 day stay was a great experience.
2 night business trip Apr 30, 2015
Darren
"Not well kept and NO LAKEVIEW"
Honestly, we didn't stay. We checked in and then checked right back out. The hote was very old and hasn't been updated in a while. The guests staying there were an average age of 65. Unfortunately, the room they gave us smelled like feet. We decited not to ask for another room and just left. If you like golf it's near a lovely golf course. They should change their name to Golf Hotel though because all though there is a lake, there is definitely no view of the lake and no way to get down to it either, at least from the hotel. There is no lake view.
1 night family trip Apr 20, 2015
Alicia
"Relaxing, but please update!"
We were forced by a snow storm to stay 2 nights instead of the planned 1 night stay. Overall, the rooms were clean. We were told the rooms were smoke free-but when we entered our first room, it smelled strongly of 3rd hand smoke (the kind that gets embedded into the walls and woodwork). We asked for another room, and although the clerk acted surprised, she very willingly gave us another room, which was much better on the nose. Our mattress was "V"-shaped, and not very comfortable. We had 2 different rooms, and had the same problem in each room. But...I cannot say enough good about the check in staff. They were so kind and accommodating. The indoor pool on the 3rd floor was wonderful. We had it to ourselves each time we used it. It was clean and well taken care of. Breakfast was free and very good with a variety of food choices - some hot, some cold. The bar and grille served very good sandwiches and salads. Staff was very efficient. It was a very pleasant stay, and I would stay again.
1 night family trip Mar 4, 2015
"Very Cold Hotel"
Walk to the pool inside our hotel and the hallways were freezing cold. Old hotel, needs to be remodeled.
Other trip Feb 19, 2015
Lura
"Nice place to stay."
The room was clean, and enjoyed the area. Fitness center was awesome.
2 night family trip Feb 6, 2015
Suzanne
"Timeshare condo by the golf course."
We were given an available condo on the property in exchange for a booked hotel room. The privacy was nice, but the furniture was worn and the shower was pretty poor. The ability to do our own meals would have been nice, if we had known in advance.
Other trip Jan 8, 2015
"Great place to stay and play."
Lakeview Resort is a great place to stay. The ambience was special. The room was clean and the beds were Ooooooooooo, so comfortable! We enjoyed our little getaway at Lakeview.
1 night romance trip Nov 27, 2014
"No heat"
We arrived in our room around 11:30 p.m. after being outside at a WVU football game with temperatures in the mid-20's so we were already frozen to the bone. Unfortunately there was no heat whatsoever. We asked to be moved, but were told the hotel was sold out. We asked for a maintenance man, but we were told there was no maintenance man on duty. We asked for a space heater, but were told there were none on property. The only relief they offered us were additional comforters. When I asked them what they planned on doing about the charge for the room they told us they would comp the room. We doubled up on comforters and slept in our thermal underwear. We would stay at this hotel again, but hope that they will consider keeping a maintenance worker on staff when the resort is sold out and switching rooms is not an option and also keep a couple of space heaters available for emergencies such as this one!
1 night romance trip Nov 20, 2014
Alan
"Only stayed for one night but everything was fine."
Pleasant but did not stay long enough I would stay there again
"Nice hotel in dire need of an update."
The hotel is in need of renovation and modernization. Its decor hasn't changed much at all since the 1980s. As a result, the hotel has a tired appearance that doesn't make it a great value for the money, unless you're playing golf there and don't care about the facilities or the rooms. Breakfast buffet was nice and hotel staff was courteous. Don't stay here if you are unable to walk long distances. Getting from the lobby to the opposite side of the building is a LONG, cumbersome, and confusing walk. You can drive around the back to a closer side entrance, but I did not feel comfortable doing that as a single traveler.
2 night trip Oct 31, 2014
"Not worth the price"
I will go with the positive first. They did upgrade me to one of their townhome suites which was considerate. The townhome suite was less than nice. They jack the prices up during football weekends, and I dont mind paying a premium price if the place is nice. It was very outdated and the beds were very uncomfortable. It also wasn't very clean. The biggest disappointment was waking up on Saturday and getting ready to leave for the day, we noticed the hot water was not working. The maintenance guy was very quick and helpful, and fixed the problem, but the hot water takes a couple of hours to heat up, and we had to leave. Upon checkout the clerk asked me about the stay and I indicated the issue, and the only thing they could say, was "oh sorry."
2 night trip with friends Oct 31, 2014
matthew
"WVU Football game"
Stayed here while attending a WVU football game. The location was great and the setting was beautiful. The beds were extremely uncomfortable but the rooms were clean. We also had breakfast in the restaurant which was not very good.
1 night family trip Nov 1, 2014
Kendra
The experience met my needs for overnight lodging close to WVU and Morgantown during a football weekend.
LC
We attended the WVU -TCU football game and the location couldn't have been better. I wish I could have stayed and played a round of golf. The course looked outstanding. I can't wait to come back.
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
Staff was nice however I don't think the rooms have been updated since the 70's.
"Lake View Inn & Resort"
Legends bar staff was extremely rude and service was poor. They appeared to be short staffed and ill equipped to handle the large number of customers in town for the WVU/Baylor game, golf tournament, and wedding receptions. The food in the bar and restaurant was mediocre, especially for the price. The hotel lobby looks like it was last renovated in the 1970s. For $249 per night, the hotel was a big disappointment and I won't stay there again.
2 night family trip Oct 17, 2014
"Horrible"
The Food during the conference was horrible; Under Cooked Chicken, Foil in the lasagna, breakfast cold; YUCK! The only good thing about the hotel...was the room, very clean and comfy. I would have had a better time just staying in the room. Other than the room, everything else.....Horrible. I would never go back there again!
1 night business trip Oct 19, 2014
"Costly stay, great hotel and setting."
This was a very costly stay for 2 double beds. The room was large enough for queen beds and it would have been better able to sleep 4 people. Staff was wonderful, room was clean and we really enjoyed the fact that West Virginia U beat Baylor! Our grandson was delighted we came. The area and the resort are beautiful anytime of year but this fall visit was the best!.
1 night trip Oct 18, 2014
Sonya
"disappointed"
It was not easy to find. Room was old and mini fridge even looked like it was dropped down a flight of stairs! 2 towels in a 2 double bed room which is odd. I travel 100% for my job and although it's a nice complex, the rooms were definitely not worth the money paid. Was really disappointed. I got 2 rooms so they got alot of my koney
1 night trip with friends Oct 18, 2014
Annette
"not to satisfied"
remote didn't work. had to call for more towels only have 2 sets towels in the room .(3 adults 1 child) Paid too much for the hotel maybe resort is better.
1 night trip Oct 4, 2014
not to satisfied
"Extremely Poor Housekeeping. Not ADA Compliant"
I will never stay there again. House keeping did not clean room; make beds; replenish soaps and other toiletries. The 3 story hotel doesn't have elevators. Try hauling 150 lbs of luggage to your room on 3rd floor. Parking was very limited. You at certain times of the day you have to spend 10 to 15 minutes driving around to look for a parking space.
5 night trip Sep 25, 2014
Patrick Samsell
"Rooms are dated."
Décor was dated. One of the beds was broken. I thought they fixed it while we were out but crashed down while we were sleeping. I travel a lot and found this hotel to be subpar. Staff could have been better.
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
"roaches"
When I first checked in my room smelled like cigarette smoke, i was then moved to a bother room where i found roaches. I went to the front desk to report it and they told me that maintenance would take care of it. After about am hour i came back and ask the front desk if it wad safe to go back to the room sone they sprayed for roaches she told me yes. I got back to the room and nothing had changed since the one I captured was still in the cup. I asked top be moved since i didn't want to come home with roaches in my bags and it seemed that it was the end of the world. Terrible stay for a so called fancy hotel
4 night business trip Sep 29, 2014
"Morgantown WV"
Very nice hotel, only complaint was being woken up by neighboring wedding reception attendees at 2am.
2 night family trip Sep 26, 2014
"Room complete with no soap and someone else's sock"
The resort is old and the rooms (particularly the bathroom) very small. I had no soap in my room when I went to freshen up and had to ask at the front desk. Also as I was lying in my bed I noticed 2 strange shadows in a floor lamp shade. Turns out it was a pair of Nike black socks hanging from the light fisture to dry, I assume.
1 night business trip Sep 24, 2014
Jonna
Very relaxing. Great view of the surrounding area. Enjoyed watching the golfers and their play.
1 night trip Sep 25, 2014
"Not what it was advertised as"
This is NOT a resort, don't let the name fool you, it is not worth the price we paid for a room, I was highly disappointed in my stay. I will not stay there again. The electric outlet for the coffee maker and hair dryer did not work. The tub was stopped up and my husband removed the plug and pulled out disgusting hair mess. Tub was peeling paint, tile in bathroom was dirty. No lake view either. Name needs changed to "Near the Lake, Super 8"
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
WVU mom
"Stressful not Spa-Like"
We stayed here for WVU family weekend and out of all the places in the area we have stayed, this was our least favorite. It was extremely busy. There were many weddings and conferences and it felt very impersonal. It is clean on the surface, but many aspects are dilapidated. The staff was not very friendly and helpful. There was initially a mix up with how many rooms we reserved, and they were insistent that it was my error. They then blamed hotels.com and told me that I should never book online. I even produced the confirmation and proof of the correct booking, and they still did not take responsibility. They did rectify the situation and placed us in a townhouse, which was nice, but did not have the same amenities the hotel had. We were unprepared for the "house" situation and had to go buy shampoo, soap and a blow dryer.
2 night family trip Sep 26, 2014
"Don't expect great service here"
Unfortunately, I did not have a great experience at this hotel. When I arrived to check in, I was told that the cleaning staff was running behind. I said that I didn't mind waiting a while to check in. The lady at the desk politely told me that she would upgrade me to one of their townhomes overlooking the golf course. When we arrived at the townhome, the maid was finishing up cleaning the place. She said that it was really hot inside and that she "thought someone had left the heat on," but that she had adjusted the thermostat to cool the place down. It was over 80 degrees inside the townhome, but I left to head to the college football game, thinking that surely the place would cool off over the next several hours while I was away. When I returned to the hotel, I found that our "upgrade" of a townhome had not cooled down a bit. When I called to ask for a different room, I was told that there were none available and that nobody could come check the air conditioner that night. I would have left and gotten a different room in Morgantown, but there were none available due to it being a home football weekend. I obviously didn't sleep well that night, but the most troubling aspect was that the management showed no desire to make amends. I was never offered my money back, a discounted future stay, etc. I won't be going back to this place ever again. Consider yourselves warned.
1 night trip Sep 20, 2014
Brent Cody
"Family Reunion"
I stay at this hotel each year due to it's location. The place is run-down and needs a face lift. The room is old and just okay. The food in the restaurant is pretty darn good but the service is very slow.
Other trip Sep 14, 2014
The hotel and room had some problems. There was no shower curtain. A razor from a previous occupant was not disposed of. Inattentive college students staff the desk. Breakfast and service there were good though. Golf course is beautiful, however.
2 night trip Sep 5, 2014
"Needs Updating!"
I read the reviews and they were correct. Over-priced old hotel. If a Hampton Inn opened next door, this Hotel would be bankrupt. We checked out after one day. No fridge in the room, door wouldn't lock when we left the room, shower curtain rod fell off the wall and when leaving the room, I checked under the bed and found one of the bed frames was supported by wooden blocks on one end. The only bright spots were the service and the food in the over priced restaurant. We chose this hotel because of the proximity to the lake. I'd rather drive further and stay in a better place and we did.
2 night romance trip Aug 30, 2014
Jerry and Lis-anne
Old hotel. Desperately needs renovation. Very small bathrooms.
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
"Lakeview Resort-Morgantown"
A nice, quiet, clean and comfortable stay w/a friendly staff but the resort could use some renovation. Would def stay there again though...
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
"Terrible"
Terrible. Dirty. Old. Not as expected at all. My rating would be one star. Filthy bathroom, hole in wall, room not ready at check in, First review more thorough, but for unknown reason was not acceptable.
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
annonymous
The resort is in need of a facelift and looks dated. Room had a section of the ceiling stucco that had separated and fallen due to some sort of wetness above and was rather unsightly. Landry room service doors open in halls throughout the hotel to public were not very appealing. No towels at indoor pool and indicated by my in room sign. Only 2 towels in a room booked for 4 people. Adequate breakfast buffet, and had to search for server for 2nd cup of coffee. Breakfast receipt posted recommended tips of 15-20% for buffets were I do all the work? I would stay here again out of necessity, but it could do with some upgrade to raise the level considerably
1 night trip Aug 15, 2014
The door was quite difficult to open you literally had to throw you or hip into it in order to open it. Once inside there was an awful odor. I noticed mold on the bathroom ceiling. The toilet would not flush; someone did come fix it within half an hour. The bathroom only had two towels, two washcloths and one face towel and toiletries for one person this was in a two double bed room, at least double towels etc would have been acceptable. Last, but not least the molding to the window was hanging down. We only stayed one night, thank goodness, because even the tub didn't drain when taking a shower. I had a friend stay in another room, he found trash in his room as well as something in his wall that looked as if someone spat on it.
Other trip Aug 16, 2014
"Not Biker friendly!!"
Not having much time to get away this was miserable. Due to work we got in around 9:30, in our rush to get there we didn't eat - asked front desk for suggestions on ordering out, snacks anything...,? nothing would not help. Treated us rudely. Would not will not go back again.
2 night trip Jul 25, 2014
"Not that Great!"
May be a nice place to Golf! but place was moldy and needs a good enema! Perhaps they just gave me a dirty room but i wouldn't stay there again. staff was friendly
Other trip Jul 27, 2014
Mike Hunt
"Hard to find"
Street going to hotel is very confusing. Need to have clearer sign for somebody getting off the highway. Hotel is located at the end of property. You have to go through the condo units first. No free breakfast. No fridge or microwave. Bathroom too small. No vent instead there's sauna.
Other trip Jul 11, 2014
"Nice room. Enjoyed the stay"
Friendly staff, Great place to stay on a weekend of WVU actiivities
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
mike
The pictures make the hotel look much nicer than it actually is. The rooms are dated and the service time is slow when requesting items from the hotel. The golf course looks great even though we did not have time to play.
"nice hotel in Morgantown"
Based on reviews I was 50/50 about this hotel. Yes it is a tad dated, but I was pleased that kids could walk around and the facilities were really nice. We had family stay the same time at a Hotel with better reviews and a lot newer in Morgantown and I would not have stayed there. The fellow clients were not as nice. The overall amenities and layout of resort make it well worth it.
Other trip Jul 3, 2014
"Nice stay."
Beds uncomfortable but room was clean. Nice for a quick stay.
Other trip Jun 29, 2014
"Communication problems"
We wanted to go to the Prime Rib buffet. I called the Resturant & after the phone rang for two minutes or more, someone happened to walk by and answere the phone. Not knowing the situation, he went to get information only to find out that the place was closed. This is information we should have been told about at check in since it's advertised in their literature. We went to the jacuzzi and the water looked muddy. There were other minor things not worth mentioning.
1 night romance trip Jun 14, 2014
This hotel was nice but not exceptional. The online description is a little misleading. The spa is in a separate building away from the actual resort, not in it. The facilities are a little older, but the staff was really nice and helpful. Overall this is an okay place to stay.
Other trip Jun 15, 2014
"LAKEVIEW was great ..."
My wife and I were treated royally. The room was much more than we anticipated. The price was good. We have only one question: Why did they name it "Lake-View?" We could not see Cheat Lake from the hotel.... that was the least of our concerns. The room was clean, quiet, and comfortable. Although we did not play golf, the golf-course was beautiful.
Other trip Jun 14, 2014
"Noisy Neighbours"
My first nights stay - awakened at 2:30 am by noisy neighbours right below my room. They were so loud that my wife went and knocked on the door and threatened them with contactinng management. The next evening outside my room was another group of people drinking and getting loud, fortunately they stopped at around 10 pm. The Resort is beautiful (with the golf course layout)but I was not impressed with the accommodations. I just recently spent 2 nights at Wintergreen Resort in Wintergreen, VA - the accommodations there "are as different as day and night".
Other trip Jun 13, 2014
Tomas
"Credit card compromised. Fraudulent charges made."
Never do business with again. Reseverd online. Never handed hotel my card. Some how my credit card was used to make fraudulent charges yesterday. Card is rarely used only for vacations.
Other trip Jun 11, 2014
ed
The staff was friendly and welcoming. The townhouse was spacious. Very comfortable.
1 night trip Jun 3, 2014