All hotels in Morgantown, West Virginia, United States of America
1 Lakeview Dr, Morgantown, WV, 26508, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.9
Home size was good, hotel needs some loving though..looks like hasnt been updated in at least 30 years
1 night family trip Nov 27, 2015
Juan
"Let's Go Mountaineers!"
We had a mini family reunion centered around a WVU football game. Lakeview was perfect- restaurant, sports bar and a great staff.
2 night family trip Nov 13, 2015
"Careful finding hotel"
If you are using a GPS to find this place, put in the name of the hotel or you will end up in a mobile home section FAR from the hotel. The room was adequate but dated. We stayed only one night. It is a spa and golf resort, enjoyed by those who stay longer. We only slept there so really do not know their services. The WV football team houses here on Friday nights before their games if that is of interest to you.
2 night family trip Nov 6, 2015
Old, renovation needed badly! A/C didn't work, sounded horrible. Carpet was filthy, no bath towels in the room. Only reason I stayed was due to the fact other hotels were booked up. Never again.......
Other trip Oct 12, 2015
"Old decor, ice machines didn't work near us."
Parking lot over crowed, black people wanted to fight in parking lot over a space - not a good visit, glad I didn't stay two nights.
Other trip Sep 28, 2015
"Lakeview in Serious Need up Remodling/Updating"
For what I paid ($238 for the room), and the reputation of Lakeview, I was extremely disappointed. I might have had better accommodations at a Motel 6 (but I might offend Motel 6). The room was dated, the shower head was rusted, the metal shower knob was loose, the key entry system didn't work well, a metal seal was hanging from the shower knob insert, and there was mold on the ceiling. Also, the mattress needs to be thrown out as it sunk in the middle. This is the second time I have stayed there. I wasn't overly impressed the first time, and I was very unimpressed on the second visit. The owner needs to take a hard look at this allegedly "nice" golf resort and invest some upgrade money, or lower the price to compete with Super 8s and Motel 6s."
1 night romance trip Sep 5, 2015
"Very quiet...."
Enjoyed the stay, it was quiet. Only issue was the bath tub wasn't draining during mine and my wife's shower. Otherwise it was nice. A little dated but enjoyable.
Other trip Sep 7, 2015
Great People @ Desk and services. We were there to drop our daughter to WVU. the staff was so helpful in the process
2 night family trip Aug 13, 2015
"Nice hotel for location to Morgantown"
When we first got there they put us in a room that hadn't been remodeled yet. the room looked like something out of the ghetto cracks in the ceiling a lamp with nowhere to plug it in no blow dryer no iron no ironing board absolutely barebone room. the place was not even nearly booked they should never put a customer in a room like that when they have other rooms available unless they're totally booked until the customer that that's all they have I was very disappointed until they did move us to one of the remodeled rooms then we were completely satisfied. you never put somebody in a room like that impression it was literally looks like a war zone out of the ghetto room.
Other trip Aug 21, 2015
"One night quick trip."
Had a late dinner at the bar and spent one night. The room looked very old but was clean.
1 night family trip Aug 14, 2015
"Overhyped"
Other much nicer properties available in the Morgantown area. Stayed at Lakeview solely based on a past colleague's recommendation. Unfortunately, it must have been based on 20 years ago since that is about how outdated the hotel is presently.
3 night family trip Aug 12, 2015
"Expensive one night stay!"
Staff had a very cool attitude and were not helpful at all. Arrived in the evening and they told us the bar and grill were open until 1:00 AM. They did not tell us that food service stopped at 10:00. When we arrived at 10:00 no food would be served. We then asked at the front desk about pizza delivery, they gave us three places to call, none of which delivered to the hotel, surely they knew this when they gave us the names. Rooms were no more than average, outdated in décor and amenities, cooling system was awful. I expected better out of a $200+ per night hotel.
1 night family trip Aug 13, 2015
Pamela
"Older golf venue in retirement type community."
Dated hotel from the 1960's. Room was clean TV new beds comfortable, bathrooms dated and cramped. Used for confrences, wedding venues, etc. Interior needs major decorating updating, walls, carpeting, ceilings, current art, and modernizing. Felt like an old hotel in a retirement community for golfers. Not near any convienences.
Other trip Aug 16, 2015
Dyann
Not impressed with such an expensive hotel. Rooms are small, my sink was slow to drain, ac unit was really loud, poor tv selection, not the hotels fault but the power went out in the middle of a speech prep on my laptop...
1 night romance trip Aug 7, 2015
Donald
"I love this hotel"
great staff! I always enjoy my stay at this hotel.
Other trip Aug 11, 2015
"Just an ok stay."
It was ok, golfing was good for son and husband, the place in general was very outdated. But looked as though it was nice at one time.
2 night family trip Aug 7, 2015
TERRA
Just traveling through. Wish we could have stayed longer.
1 night romance trip Jul 30, 2015
Shirley
"Worst Hotel Stay Ever"
This hotel has terrible customer service. My minor son got food poisoning from a local restaurant in the middle of the night of our last night. I called to try to get late checkout because he was still ill in the morning and was told no. When I approached the front desk clerk about how unsatisfied I was with that response, she laughed at me. Very rude! I have never had a hotel tell me I couldn't have late checkout, especially with a circumstance like this. Additionally the shower floor felt like it was peeling away from the liner and there was water in between. Also every time you left the hotel the cleaning staff was outside smoking so you would have to walk through a wall of smoke to get to your car. Will never stay here again or recommend to anyone. We paid almost $400 for 3 nights in this hotel.
3 night family trip Jul 22, 2015
Deanna
"Gem Near Morgantown, WV"
We wanted a one night travel stop in a scenic location; Lakeview Resort exceeded our expectations. The location is convenient, just off I-68 near Morgantown, WV. and the resort has a beautiful golf course and a great water view. The path through the golf course was a great place for a walk after a long drive. The room was very comfortable and clean and the restaurant served a delicious prime rib buffet. We noticed an attentive man restocking the food area and helping out at the carving station. Later he stopped by our table to see if all was well, found out that he was the manager. Steve Sharkey leads by example, has high expectations for customer service and is very passionate about the resort. Morgan, our waitress was another example of that. Steve was back in the restaurant at breakfast time, again working and greeting the guests. Breakfast didn't disappoint, great food and service.
1 night romance trip Jul 10, 2015
Helene
"not what the pictures looked like on the website"
facilities were old and the hotel was not full, yet they put our room at the very end of the resort, extremely far from the restaurant, pool or front desk. Place was clean but very dated and no staff were available for assistance
Other trip Jul 22, 2015
Suzy
"nice hotel; dining ok"
always enjoy staying at Lakeview; wish you could bring back dining room overlooking cheat lake
Other trip Jul 3, 2015
"Disappointing stay..."
While the room was adequate, it wasn't anything to rave about but it was clean. The day we were there they had a golf tournament so the place was packed and a little chaotic. The only draw back was the staff working the restaurant. After a few minutes of waiting for someone to seat us, we were greeted with a not so pleasant "just sit anywhere". After finding a table and we were unsure of whether it was strictly buffet or if we could order from a menu. (buffet only) Unable to locate a server, we had to find our own coffee. It was obvious Customer service was not a priority for anyone. The only good thing was the food was good but not a good dinning experience. Will not stay there again.
Other trip Jul 2, 2015
"My Stay at Lakeview Resort"
The facility is somewhat dated. It is apparent that the Resort was at one time a "hot spot" and a very nice place to stay, however time has taken away from the Resort in that the furnishings are somewhat dated "circa 1960's /70's". The room had adequate furnishings and was relatively clean with a new TV. The room did have somewhat of a musty smell that probably originated from the carpet or bedding. The ceilings in the hallways are very low and reminded me somwhat of going back in a tunnel or mine. The golf course looks beautiful and the food was very good but a little pricey . The staff was courteous and friendly. The major drawback are roads in and out of the resort . It is apparent that WV does get a lot of snow thusly a lot of salt and road damage in and around Morgantown. Many potholes and rough patches on a very narrow and winding road. Lodging in Morgantown although more expensive maybe worth the price just to avoid the roads in and out of Lakeview.
Other trip Jun 30, 2015
"Not as expected"
The entire hotel smelled horrible. Bed was incredibly uncomfortable, air conditioning was noisy all night. Not worth the money!
Other trip Jun 26, 2015
TM
"HOtel close to WVU"
Gym and pools are very nice. Room was freezing and even with air conditioner off we had to sleep with sweatshirts on.
Other trip Jun 24, 2015
JWitt
"Aging a little but still a nice stay"
Good time! Breakfast a little cold. everything else good
Other trip Jun 23, 2015
Cork
"Not quite a resort"
It seemed close to WVU, but was a longer driving trip due to road conditions. The staff was helpful, but the hotel is in desperate need of updating.
Other trip Jun 17, 2015
parent
"Wedding destination"
I was surprised at how rundown this place is. When I was at WVU, Lakeview was considered the premier place for folks to visit. That was thirty years ago. Apparently not much has changed over that period of time as far as updating the facility is concerned. There was mold on the bathroom ceiling. The desk drawer was missing. The wall paper was buckling up in spots. The drapes had come unhooked on one end. Just too sloppy to be called a resort.
Other trip May 26, 2015
"Dismissive and Unfriendly"
Staff not book our stay properly which resulted in my youngest sleeping on the floor for an hour while I worked to correct the situation. They were uncaring and rude.
Other trip May 19, 2015
Not a nice hotel. The property was nice at one time, I'm sure. However, it's in a terrible state of disrepair. It was embarrassing to have booked my family into a "resort/spa" and then to arrive to such a run down property. There was no room service which was tough given the remoteness of the property and the restaurant hours during the day.
Other trip May 18, 2015
Needs updated. Lobby is old, was hoping to be more modern.
Other trip May 10, 2015
"beautiful resort"
a wonderful stay. the course is immaculate. the restaurant all you can eat prime rib dinner was superb. room was recently updated and had all the conveniences. my 3 day stay was a great experience.
2 night business trip Apr 30, 2015
Darren
"Not well kept and NO LAKEVIEW"
Honestly, we didn't stay. We checked in and then checked right back out. The hote was very old and hasn't been updated in a while. The guests staying there were an average age of 65. Unfortunately, the room they gave us smelled like feet. We decited not to ask for another room and just left. If you like golf it's near a lovely golf course. They should change their name to Golf Hotel though because all though there is a lake, there is definitely no view of the lake and no way to get down to it either, at least from the hotel. There is no lake view.
1 night family trip Apr 20, 2015
Alicia
"Relaxing, but please update!"
We were forced by a snow storm to stay 2 nights instead of the planned 1 night stay. Overall, the rooms were clean. We were told the rooms were smoke free-but when we entered our first room, it smelled strongly of 3rd hand smoke (the kind that gets embedded into the walls and woodwork). We asked for another room, and although the clerk acted surprised, she very willingly gave us another room, which was much better on the nose. Our mattress was "V"-shaped, and not very comfortable. We had 2 different rooms, and had the same problem in each room. But...I cannot say enough good about the check in staff. They were so kind and accommodating. The indoor pool on the 3rd floor was wonderful. We had it to ourselves each time we used it. It was clean and well taken care of. Breakfast was free and very good with a variety of food choices - some hot, some cold. The bar and grille served very good sandwiches and salads. Staff was very efficient. It was a very pleasant stay, and I would stay again.
1 night family trip Mar 4, 2015
"Very Cold Hotel"
Walk to the pool inside our hotel and the hallways were freezing cold. Old hotel, needs to be remodeled.
Other trip Feb 19, 2015
Lura
"Nice place to stay."
The room was clean, and enjoyed the area. Fitness center was awesome.
2 night family trip Feb 6, 2015
Suzanne
"Timeshare condo by the golf course."
We were given an available condo on the property in exchange for a booked hotel room. The privacy was nice, but the furniture was worn and the shower was pretty poor. The ability to do our own meals would have been nice, if we had known in advance.
Other trip Jan 8, 2015
"Great place to stay and play."
Lakeview Resort is a great place to stay. The ambience was special. The room was clean and the beds were Ooooooooooo, so comfortable! We enjoyed our little getaway at Lakeview.
1 night romance trip Nov 27, 2014
"No heat"
We arrived in our room around 11:30 p.m. after being outside at a WVU football game with temperatures in the mid-20's so we were already frozen to the bone. Unfortunately there was no heat whatsoever. We asked to be moved, but were told the hotel was sold out. We asked for a maintenance man, but we were told there was no maintenance man on duty. We asked for a space heater, but were told there were none on property. The only relief they offered us were additional comforters. When I asked them what they planned on doing about the charge for the room they told us they would comp the room. We doubled up on comforters and slept in our thermal underwear. We would stay at this hotel again, but hope that they will consider keeping a maintenance worker on staff when the resort is sold out and switching rooms is not an option and also keep a couple of space heaters available for emergencies such as this one!
1 night romance trip Nov 20, 2014
Alan
"Only stayed for one night but everything was fine."
Pleasant but did not stay long enough I would stay there again
"Nice hotel in dire need of an update."
The hotel is in need of renovation and modernization. Its decor hasn't changed much at all since the 1980s. As a result, the hotel has a tired appearance that doesn't make it a great value for the money, unless you're playing golf there and don't care about the facilities or the rooms. Breakfast buffet was nice and hotel staff was courteous. Don't stay here if you are unable to walk long distances. Getting from the lobby to the opposite side of the building is a LONG, cumbersome, and confusing walk. You can drive around the back to a closer side entrance, but I did not feel comfortable doing that as a single traveler.
2 night trip Oct 31, 2014
"Not worth the price"
I will go with the positive first. They did upgrade me to one of their townhome suites which was considerate. The townhome suite was less than nice. They jack the prices up during football weekends, and I dont mind paying a premium price if the place is nice. It was very outdated and the beds were very uncomfortable. It also wasn't very clean. The biggest disappointment was waking up on Saturday and getting ready to leave for the day, we noticed the hot water was not working. The maintenance guy was very quick and helpful, and fixed the problem, but the hot water takes a couple of hours to heat up, and we had to leave. Upon checkout the clerk asked me about the stay and I indicated the issue, and the only thing they could say, was "oh sorry."
2 night trip with friends Oct 31, 2014
matthew
"WVU Football game"
Stayed here while attending a WVU football game. The location was great and the setting was beautiful. The beds were extremely uncomfortable but the rooms were clean. We also had breakfast in the restaurant which was not very good.
1 night family trip Nov 1, 2014
Kendra
The experience met my needs for overnight lodging close to WVU and Morgantown during a football weekend.
LC
We attended the WVU -TCU football game and the location couldn't have been better. I wish I could have stayed and played a round of golf. The course looked outstanding. I can't wait to come back.
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
Staff was nice however I don't think the rooms have been updated since the 70's.
"Lake View Inn & Resort"
Legends bar staff was extremely rude and service was poor. They appeared to be short staffed and ill equipped to handle the large number of customers in town for the WVU/Baylor game, golf tournament, and wedding receptions. The food in the bar and restaurant was mediocre, especially for the price. The hotel lobby looks like it was last renovated in the 1970s. For $249 per night, the hotel was a big disappointment and I won't stay there again.
2 night family trip Oct 17, 2014
"Horrible"
The Food during the conference was horrible; Under Cooked Chicken, Foil in the lasagna, breakfast cold; YUCK! The only good thing about the hotel...was the room, very clean and comfy. I would have had a better time just staying in the room. Other than the room, everything else.....Horrible. I would never go back there again!
1 night business trip Oct 19, 2014
"Costly stay, great hotel and setting."
This was a very costly stay for 2 double beds. The room was large enough for queen beds and it would have been better able to sleep 4 people. Staff was wonderful, room was clean and we really enjoyed the fact that West Virginia U beat Baylor! Our grandson was delighted we came. The area and the resort are beautiful anytime of year but this fall visit was the best!.
1 night trip Oct 18, 2014
Sonya
"disappointed"
It was not easy to find. Room was old and mini fridge even looked like it was dropped down a flight of stairs! 2 towels in a 2 double bed room which is odd. I travel 100% for my job and although it's a nice complex, the rooms were definitely not worth the money paid. Was really disappointed. I got 2 rooms so they got alot of my koney
1 night trip with friends Oct 18, 2014