All hotels in Morgantown, West Virginia, United States of America
1 Lakeview Dr, Morgantown, WV, 26508, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.9
"Nice location, nice people, great golf, dated room"
Nice location, nice people, great golf, dated rooms. In addition, expect to pay an additional $6/night resort fee. Buffet and bar food are pretty pricey but decent food. I called late for a Tee Time to golf with a client and got one at 6:30am, so instead of driving down from Pittsburgh at O'dark thirty, I drive down the night before. I wasn't overly impressed or unimpressed. It met my need to be at the course on time with a decent nights sleep. Beds were comfortable with 4 good pillows on each.
Other trip Jun 1, 2014
justin
"Aged and room cleanliness nor up to standards"
Went for my daughters graduation and I can handle an aged hotel if it's clean. The sheets were stained and I told the front desk. They seemed concerned and they did change the sheets. I noticed later that the comforter was stained also. When I checked out and told them they seemed to have the attitude of oh well. They have upgraded the dining and lounge area an they were nice and the golf course was also nice. I also had rented a room for a graduation party for my daughter. They did the catering. This was average. The maids always were having smoke breaks at the door you would go in. They didn't move and you walked through the cloud of smoke. They really need to be better at customer service since they hike the prices up for graduations.
Other trip May 18, 2014
Carl
"Commencement weekend at WVU"
This is an old hotel that smelled of cooking odors except where it smelled of disinfectants Room and staff were well below acceptable standards. Some old hotels are classics and have old world ambience and service. The Lakeview is just old, not up to the standard of a Motel 6.. Bathroom was so small we couldn't both even brush our teeth at the same time Our telephone didn't work, but being an engineer I jury-rigged it. The toilet stopped up, they ran out of coffee for the room ( no coffee when I awake is unforgivable and a $27 + tax and tip per person breakfast was the only option) , I wanted a copy of the magazine in the room, told it was not available. (but on check-out in conversation with the manager I did get a copy)The price of the two day stay was $150 more than normal. The staff showed no concern about this or my other concerns but rather had the attitude "we know hotels are full, so we can charge as much as we can get". As far as the "Lakeview" is concerned, only a few public rooms I could find could see the lake. We saw a parking lot. I do not appreciate being treated this way On check-out I could not get a bill, only a statement that read "no charge". When I later checked my credit card, however, it showed about $460 charged. . There are laws about price gouging for groceries and gasoline. I think it's time to introduce legislation for hotels.
Other trip May 16, 2014
Hank
"They need to update the rooms"
Nice place but not worth $250 a night
2 night business trip May 9, 2014
Pat Petros
"No reservation changes 7 days prior to arrival"
I booked this hotel 3 months ago due to my son's graduation from a local university. I had originally booked a 2 night stay, but a week prior to graduation we decided that 1 night's stay would be sufficient. The hotel would not let me cancel one of the nights, so I spent $1100 for 2 rooms/2 nights! The hotel was probably very nice "back in the day" but it is now rundown and not what I would consider "resort" quality. Breakfast is $15 and the dinner buffet is $30. For these prices, the hotel is not up to par. Also, it is very difficult to exit/enter the interstate to and from this hotel. You have to take a 5 mile detour when the interstate is practically next door. Very inconvenient. Beware if you want to cancel or modify this reservation!
Other trip May 12, 2014
angela
"Pleasant surprise"
We were on the road heading to Buffalo. Got on my tablet and looked for a hotel near where we were. The Lakeview was the same price as a chain hotel and had an extra star. Made the reservation and drove about 12 miles off I -79.Well worth the extra miles. Food in the Legends bar was very good, staff was very pleasant at check in. The only negativevwas they did not have any coffee in the room but they did have free coffee in the morning at the restaurant. Just had to go down the lobby and get it and take it back to the room. But if you like golf, this is a good place. 1st. tee is right out the front door.
Other trip Apr 24, 2014
Alan
"Dated although info said it was renovated"
Excellent reception staff and wait staff. Breakfast buffet was okay but some hot food items were cold. Had dinner at a special event and the food was not good. Chicken was tough and veges cold. Room just okay but clean. Could hear talking and other things in next room. Parking was not available close to room. Outside of building looked dated and had signs of lack up upkeep.
Other trip Apr 15, 2014
"A little overrated"
From the online photos I was ready for a premier country club-like setting with specious modern rooms. In reality it seemed more like an older motel in the middle of basic cosmetic renovation. It reminded me of a typical motor lodge with really small rooms. We had requested a refrigerator at the time of making the reservation, but when we arrived they wanted to charge us $10 a night for the service. I guess they'd bring one to the room? No microwave and the beds were not very comfortable. OK for a one-night stay on your way to someplace, but I couldn't imagine going there to spend any length of time!
1 night family trip Mar 25, 2014
cjd
Very peaceful and quiet location, friendly staff and great exercise facility. We stayed in a newly renovated room however there were no extra plugs for electronic devices so we each unplugged a lamp...slight inconvenience. Shower area is not vented so ceiling already getting spots of mildew. Ok now but likely to be an ongoing issue. I would stay there again.
1 night trip Mar 7, 2014
lar
"Overcharged, overpriced"
The place is a 29.99 per night. I paid 130 and then was charged another 40 dollars for dont know what.
Other trip Mar 9, 2014
roman
"Overcharged, overpriced"
Other trip Mar 9, 2014
roman
"Great place but easy to get lost"
Great hotel ,I was there with my 2 sons for a funerals and was looking for a place with an indoor pool and other things to keep the boys busy this place was perfect .the only thing I had trouble with was finding it once I got off the highway a few more signs would have been perfect and then I wouldn't have anything negative about it .the staff was very nice and friendly as u would expect while staying in the south .not at all like New Jersey lodging.
3 night business trip Feb 19, 2014
Robert c.
"Hotel was nice and clean."
Very nice surroundings. Would recommend this hotel highly.
Other trip Feb 21, 2014
Victoria
"Not as nice as the price"
Nothing too special about this hotel. It feels like you're in a maze trying to find your way around. The amenities were pretty bad too. Two towels and wash clothes for 2 adults, 1 child, and a newborn. There were no towels at the pool. (BTW the hot tub was broke.) Called front desk to request towels. Took 30 minutes and the towels were thin and a little bigger than hand towels.
Other trip Nov 25, 2013
Dana
"Nice hotel but Old"
I thought the hotel was nice, the area is nice, the lake is nice, but the hotel was kind of old and out dated, back when the hotel was new, which was many years ago, it was a top notch hotel, I can tell by the way it looks now, Its just old and needs a Facelift, area is nice and staff was super nice, had a small of musty, it was not bad, I would stay again, kind of pricey for such a older hotel.
Other trip Nov 11, 2013
tammy
"I guess "resort" is relative..."
I would not call this a "resort" or give it more than 3 stars (out of 5). On the down side: The carpets were old and dingy, the breakfast buffet was cold, the coffee was terrible, the hot water in the shower ran out after 2 minutes and my husband had to take an ice-cold shower, and with the winding roads and confusing exits we went in circles trying to find the place. On the up side: The staff was friendly, there was a nice sports bar on site, and the beds were very comfortable. If you are there to golf it would be a nice place to stay. If you are there for a WVU game, stay in town, close to the stadium, and walk everywhere.
Other trip Nov 11, 2013
"needs updating-room shabby"
We expected the hotel to be in better shape. Sink was cracked, no tea or coffee in room, restaurant a long walk so we got breakfast on the road instead.
1 night trip Oct 20, 2013
CEF
"Recent stay"
Booked online...golf course beautiful. Dining room not open so ate pub food.
Other trip Oct 24, 2013
"This is a RESORT???"
The room was smaller than what I've found at Courtyard and Hampton Inn. Although it's called Lakeview Resort, we never were able to see the lake.
Other trip Oct 24, 2013
"First Timer"
We had trouble getting our room key to work so my wife went to the front desk for another. She had to wait as there was a wedding party there as well. The hotel would host five weddings that day. But once we got the key everything was great. And the room temperature was very cool which felt great after having to wait in the hallway for the room to open.
Other trip Oct 14, 2013
"I would not recommend it."
We came thinking it was a nice resort specially because is a golf resort and most golf resorts are very nice but we were completely disappointed, we booked this place for WVU parents weekend because we couldn't find anything closer to the University, thanks God we only went there to sleep. We got two beds and one of the bed was so bad it had a whole in the center so if two people sleep there they would sink to the center, it was horrible but we had no other choice than to stay there. The room is VERY!! outdated with 80's borders around the edge of the wall and chairs that looks from the 70's and don't get me started with the furniture. The only thing I can tell you is that the room was clean and that's why we staid. The back doors where open to everyone so if someone wants to walk in and out the back doors they can so there is no security in this hotel at all.
Other trip Oct 7, 2013
Wendy
Hotel need upgrades. I'm assuming they get a lot of clients from Cheats Lake and the gold course. The public areas seemed ok, but our room was cramped with old furniture, the windows were foggy and the beds were small.(We were supposed to have 2 queen beds, but we got 2 full beds). I believe we were in a renovated room (I would have to see an unrenovated one. It looks like a hotel out of the '70's, however It could really be a gem on the lake.
1 night trip Oct 4, 2013
"New mattresses would help rating"
Stayed for a weekend, the golf course was very nice and well maintained. The rooms were recently updated but still felt very outdated. The mattresses need to be replaced for sure. For the price I was expecting a more updated environment. The rooms were clean which is the most important part for me and the staff was very accommodating.
Other trip Sep 18, 2013
"Hotel is tired but room was clean and comfortable"
The lobby, hallways, elevators, and bathroom inside room are in need of an upgrade. The lobby and hallway had a funny smell but once I got inside the room, it was clean and smelled fine. I did not notice any lake access in walking distance. I am not sure if you can reach the lake from the property.
1 night trip Sep 10, 2013
"OK hotel, great staff"
Hotel room was tired; questionable cleanliness. Hallway reeked of a very unpleasant odor. Staff was very friendly & helpful. Food in bar & grill was tasty & reasonably priced.
Other trip Sep 6, 2013
"Labor Day/Birthday Getaway"
Very nice place, stayed Saturday and then Sunday went on the New Tygart Flyer train ride trip in Elkins, WV and came back to Lakeview to rest before heading home Monday.
Other trip Sep 4, 2013
Lynne
"No View!"
Lakeview Hotel with no view of the lake (any room), that was disappointing. Inside pool had 2 chairs, 2 lounge chairs and 2 towels available, there were 11 people there. It was just OK, for the cost I was disappointed, if you get a good rate and you are there to golf than I guess I would recommend to others. The community/homes around Cheat Lake are beautiful!
Other trip Aug 25, 2013
Denise
"getting run down"
not worth the price. hotel didn't live up to pictures.
Other trip Aug 21, 2013
"The Lakeside Resort"
The resort is on a golf course and the adjacent hotel area is special in terms of setting, scenery and landscape. In it's day, Lakeside was probably a magnicfiicient mountain resort when it was built in the 1950's. The years have taken away the pristine polish from it's day, to what is today a hotel that is a little tired and worn, but still holds a certain charm that you could still see and feel. The outdoor patio for drinks or a meal very enjoyable and picturesque, and a refreshing change from a brick and mortar hotel restaurant. If you are the type who recognizes and enjoys a style and charm, and is a little different, and you don't require 24/7 room service, then you would love Lakeside. We would definitely stay there again.
Other trip Aug 19, 2013
"Close to my destination"
Enjoyed my stay and will stay again.
1 night trip Aug 15, 2013
"Could be great"
This facility looked great on line but it definitely needs a good cleaning. Something fell off our nightstand and we had to move it to retrieve our item. It was disguising back there. With some extra TLC this hotel could be a great recommendation. Also they need to leave enough towels for the amount of occupants. The maid didn't come to make up our room until after 5. Not sure if I heard a vacuum being run.
Other trip Aug 18, 2013
"Beautiful Golf Course, but Shabby Hotel"
The golf courses at Lakeview are fantastic. Well manicured and fast greens make this a "must play" golf course. Unfortunately, the rooms have become very shabby and run down. Some significant remodeling and upgrades to the rooms would make this a first class resort.
6 night trip Jul 29, 2013
"Okay for golfers"
Our room was not ready upon arrival after 3:00p.m. but the room was recently remodeled and clean. We were on the third floor but there was no elevator, making getting luggage up the stairs difficult. We attended a wedding on the site and those facilities were very nice. The food was mediocre but the wait staff was excellent! Parking was very limited, as the golfers were using the parking spaces near the rooms.
Other trip Jul 29, 2013
We certainly have no complaints about our overnight stay. The room was quiet, nicely appointed, and very clean. The bathroom was quite small and the elevator was a good distance from our room, but that's probably to be expected in an older facility. Excellent room rate for the area. Restaurants were good, but a little pricier than expected given the very reasonable room rate. It's a pleasant overnight in a convenient location. We will return!
1 night trip May 28, 2013
Lynda
"Dont go there - disgusting"
This was an horrible hotel, I will never get back and would not recommend it to anybody. BTW - we had 2 rooms and in one of the rooms we have found used underwear...
Other trip May 29, 2013
Ariel
"Far from a resort."
For the price I paid, I would have expected better. The hotel has an outdated look, with grungy carpets. The front desk is beautiful. I would have expected this look to carry over to the rooms. The room was ok. Again, for what I paid, I would have expected a bigger room. There were holes in the curtain. The coffee maker was dirty.
Other trip May 26, 2013
Old
Business trip May 23, 2013
T
"Needs updating"
It needs to be updated. Could hear everything being said from surrounding rooms. The TV was old as was the furniture. Rooms were small. There should be breakfast included in price of room. The competition of surrounding area hotels offer breakfast. Most are priced the same such as Hampton Inn which does a very nice breakfast. Stayed because of event @ resort but should have stayed in Morgantown.
2 night trip Apr 26, 2013
Ann
The hotel staff was very friendly and courteous. Since we arrived around 6:30 it would have been great if we could have gotten something to eat. Being away from any stores they should have some type of food available.
1 night trip Apr 24, 2013
"The fitness center was top notch & views awesome"
The hotel was undergoing some renovations but it had no affect on our stay. The location was great, amazing fitness center and close to Morgantown.
1 night romance trip Mar 23, 2013
"Love it!"
From the young girl at the front desk greeting us, to the restaurant, to the room....all first rate! The only warning I would give has nothing to do with the stay, but with the directions getting there....do not follow the GPS! Otherwise, wonderful experience!
Other trip Mar 20, 2013
"One bad apple...."
Arriving late in the evening, it would have been nice to have the person at the desk greet us with some semblance of cordiality. There was none. At all. The room was very nicely appointed and clean. It was surprising that it had no microwave or mini-fridge, which would be a definite drawback had we been staying longer than just an overnight then continuing to our destination. The rooms all overlook a parking lot. The 'mountain view' photo is taken from the golf course. Cheat Lake is not visible either. Parking lot. Period. Overall, the hotel is well-maintained with attractive rooms and very comfortable beds. While it is entirely possible that the lack of basic cordiality is limited to the one individual with whom we had contact, the management may want to review some basic rules of hospitality with its staff as it may be impacting return visits.
Other trip Mar 18, 2013
Mrs. E.
"Hope you like golf"
This resort is old and shabby. Some areas are being remodled but we had no access to them. We are seniors and had to walk up 3 flights of steps. Management sent help to bring up our bags. Elevators were not available to use due to construction, Food was the same quality as any hotel-nothing special. Dining room was quite large. Bring your own iron and board because they have none in the room. My feeling about the place is that it is living on its beautiful golf course reputation. I don't play golf!
Other trip Mar 12, 2013
Sue
"GREAT FOR ANY OCCASION"
It IS JUST A VERY RELAXING, COMFORTABLE,BEAUTIFUL,AND PEACEFUL ATMOSPHERE.STAFF AND ALL IS EXEPTIONALLY NICE AND THE ROOMS ARE NICE AND COMFORTABLE.
Other trip Mar 12, 2013
TERA
"Nice enough for what you pay"
I think it was worth the money but we had a few issues. The first room we were in was fine except for a lack of convenient electrically outlets but our neighbors were disruptive. We had a bunch of teenagers running up and down the halls screaming throughout the night. Next night we were moved to a newly renovated room but still outlets were an issue and the curtains were not designed to close all the way despite the fact that the room faced the front. I had to use a binder clip to keep the curtains closed. Even with these problems, we will go back. It was nice enough for the price and the location was good. I'll look around though and will consider other options for our next trip.
3 night business trip Feb 15, 2013
Tammy
"Quiet area"
The hotel was away from the hustle and bustle of Morgantown, but close enough to get there within minutes. Resort was nice with the amenities included of pool, fitness, suana and gold, however due to the short visit and activities we had going on unable to use them. Rooms seems a liittle dated and it would have been nice to have a fridge & microwave in room, even thou not stated there was. Cheapr hotel we stayed in previous night at least included those. Room was comfortable, but the housekeeping was lacking. Very little toilet paper on roll and no addition roll left. Housekeeping took away used towels on first day and did not replace them or coffee supplies. Found that the be annoying for such a nice place.
2 night trip Feb 16, 2013
Margee G
"BEAUTIFUL"
everything was just perfect and nice. very clean and comfortable. staff very sweet.and the view and overall appearance was gorgeous!!
Other trip Jan 17, 2013
TERA
"Definitely not a 3.5 star hotel!!!"
The room smelled like smoke, the vanity in the bathroom was falling apart, and the toilette was dirty.
Other trip Dec 31, 2012
"Spent a comfortable night"
Nice surrounding area, very quiet. The room was a little dated but worth the money. I didn't see much of the property as I arrived late and left very early. The front desk person was very courteous.
1 night business trip Dec 3, 2012
A mountaineer
"Good hotel if price is right"
Have stayed at this hotel for many years. Usually get good deal during the winter months as was the case with this stay. Hotel is becoming very dated and the uncomfortable mattresses prove this. Rooms are old but clean. The bed's are horrrible. Need replacement. Very hard to get a good nights sleep. During our stay there were many party's going on during our two night stay. Rooms and halls were loud with noise all day and night. Had to call front desk several times to complain. Worked for awhile then noise continued. Parking is slim to none during these party events. Had to park way away from room. Was not happy about all the cars and comotion in the parking lots and lobby area's. Hotel has great location and is close to the WVU campus which is a plus. Also hotel bar is nice with good food and great service. I would say this hotel is worth a stay if the price is right. It will not be long before this hotel needs a total renovation to satisfy future guests.
Other trip Dec 3, 2012