All hotels in West Valley City, Utah, United States of America
2229 City Center Ct, West Valley City, UT, 84119, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Horribly Unclean and Dirty"
It's in a GREAT neighborhood and PERFECT location for me. The staff will remember me from this post because I had such an awful stay. The hotel looks like they're falling apart because of improperly done renovation. I asked why there was debris all on the ground and the receptionist told me that they had "given up the fight" due to it constantly being dirtied by construction. Around 3 PM on Saturday, maintenance left a huge stinking pile of garbage on my floor. I contacted the front desk that night. It was still there. Then Sunday, contacted 2x {early morning and night}, then by Monday morning the smell was absolutely outrageous, filling the entire hall and seeping through my room door. At 7:30 AM I took several pictures, marched down to the front desk and demanded that they remove the garbage immediately. I went and ate at the continental breakfast. At 8:30 when I walked back up, it was, of course, still there. I became incredibly irrate, dragged the heavy and huge bag down to the stairwell and left it there. It was gone within 5 minutes. I reported it to the SLC health department. During my stay, I also heard scratching in the walls seemingly inside the AC unit. Whenever I would turn off the sound to my movie, move closer, or clap my hands, it would stop suddenly, for a few minutes, leading me to believe that whatever it was was alive. With their garbage and construction problems, I wouldn't doubt it.
6 night business trip Jul 23, 2015
Theodore
My stay was very pleasant. the hotel location is a bit out of the way, but it worked out well for our stay.
2 night family trip Aug 17, 2015
Herbert
"A Pleasant Surprise!"
I chose this hotel because my regular place was fully booked. I was pleasantly surprised Big improvements since I stayed her a year or so ago. A great deal of remodeling has been done. The bed was VERY comfortable. I would like to see a little protein added to the breakfast menu,even if it is only hard boiled eggs. Looks like this will be my new 'go to' choice for the area.
3 night business trip Aug 18, 2015
"Newly remodeled"
The hotel has recently been updated and they've done a great job. The room was nice and new looking. The only complaint I have is there was someone else's hair on the towel when I went to use it. Grossed me out so I just grabbed another towel and it was fine. Other then that my stay was very nice and comfortable. Everyone was very polite and helpful.
2 night business trip Aug 12, 2015
"Short term stay at Baymont"
The lobby was under construction. desk man was trying to do three things at once, from a fold out table, unsuccessfully. Hallways were littered with carpet rolls and equipment. We often take stairs instead of elevators, and noticed it has clearly been a LONG time since the carpet on the stairs and landings has been vacuumed. Our room had a very noisy refrigerator, and the ceiling fan made a horrid scraping noise, making it unusable.
2 night family trip Aug 2, 2015
"Pleasant stay"
The staff was helpful and courteous and I would definitely stay again and recommend it.
2 night family trip Jul 29, 2015
Leroy
"Disappointment"
I chose this hotel for the pool and breakfast besides location was very disappointed they had construction going on in the hotel which nobody informed me of and of the 3 days I was there we got to use the pool the last day for only an hour, I would of never chose that hotel if I had accurate info on it in the first place
2 night family trip Jul 21, 2015
Ronna
"Rude and loud"
People at the front desk were rude and in helpful. They have an airport shuttle but runs at odd hours, so are unwilling to help with getting to the airport. Loud area thin walls. I would not stay here again.
1 night family trip Jul 22, 2015
Nicholas
Hotel was doing a remodel but the room was clean. I had stated that there would be 3 of us but they only provide 2 bath towels, 2 hand towels, 2 wash cloths. Pillows were hard.
1 night family trip Jul 13, 2015
Terri
A lot of construction, but staff very helpful, and rooms are great. Planning on staying there next time in Salt Lake
2 night family trip Jul 14, 2015
Philip
"Baymont Stay south of Salt Lake"
Room newly remodeled. Lobby area still under renovation. Good affordable property for overnight stay while traveling.
1 night romance trip Jun 30, 2015
robert
"repeat guests"
This hotel is our first choice in the SLC area. Close to family and convenient to where we need to be.
1 night romance trip Apr 8, 2015
Gerry
The hotel was being renovated so everything was tore apart. The elevator was having issues so we utilized the stairs where the construction personnel would hang out which caused the stairwell to be in disarray.
3 night trip with friends Jun 17, 2015
Christopher
"Great choice for the price."
I've stayed at this Baymont a few times now, and have found it to be a very nice place for the price. I love all the restaraunt options that are within walking distance, and also how convenient the location is, easily accessible right off the 215. This has become my "go to" hotel when staying in SLC.
1 night business trip Mar 20, 2015
"Comfortable room and nice front desk staff!"
Unexpected stay in SLC. Booked last minute. Hotel is being renovated. The lobby was rather a mess but room was very nice, comfortable and clean.
1 night family trip Jun 16, 2015
"Horrible experience don't stay there."
Worst stay I've ever had at a hotel. They were remodeling and the crew set off the smoke alarm and had door slamming at all hours of the night. I was woken up every morning at 5:00 am to slamming doors, the breakfast as horrible, and I had to change rooms because the A/C didn't work. Do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else.
3 night business trip Jun 1, 2015
"A work in process."
The Hotel was undergoing rennovation and it appears as though our room had been updated, it was very nice. Getting to the room by stair well was not possible becouse of construction but that is a temporary issue.
1 night romance trip Jun 2, 2015
Randall
"Overnight stay"
The lobby and first floor is under construction. There was a sign saying to enter where the pool is but we had no idea where the pool was. FYI, it's around the back of the hotel. Lots of dust and debris, we weren't sure where to walk. The hotel staff was nice, accommodating and apologized for the mess. The elevator did not work on the first floor as they were under construction. We stayed on the second floor, so we didn't have to lug our luggage around too much. The rooms were great and remodeled. Over all it was a great overnight stay.
1 night romance trip May 30, 2015
"Wedding Stay"
When we first arrived we couldn't get through any doors because the hotel was torn up for remodeling. We had traveled 4 hours and were tried. So when we finally find a place to get through we were shocked by all the furniture outside and/or inside and trash everywhere. We asked it they were open because it looked terrible and we didn't want to stay but had already paid. The front desk person was on the phone and couldn't help us, so we just stood there wondering what to do. The floors were torn up all around and it was a mess! We finally got checked in and got to our room, where there were 2 double beds and not queen like we thought we asked for. We were very disappointed to have spent the money to stay there for 2 nights. We will NOT stay there again. If you are remodeling, the hotel should of let us known and gave us a comp to the hotel across the street.
Other trip Jun 1, 2015
Southern Utah
"pictures not reality"
hotel was under renovation, construction crew left a mess, unprofessional
3 night family trip May 21, 2015
ronald
"Great location, comfy beds"
Comfortable accommodations, very good night's rest. Elevator was out in the morning, but fixed in time for us to move our luggage. Very convenient location. Helpful, friendly front desk staff.
1 night family trip May 19, 2015
"Business Trip in Utah"
Hotel underconstruction, therefore a lot of dusts in the room.. through vents system smell and on. Hope after construction completed will be better.
1 night business trip May 16, 2015
NHATALEXANDER
"It was ok"
The hotel was ok. It seemed to be under remodel. The pool is quite small, but the King size room was comfy.
1 night family trip May 15, 2015
Kaelyne
Even with the remodeling, it was quite and close to food
Other trip May 17, 2015
"Disgusted"
The view from our window was garbage, literally. Broken chairs and desks everywhere . The whole building was just gross and dirty
Other trip Apr 24, 2015
The staff and room was great, however, hotel was under renovation.
Other trip Apr 22, 2015
Teresa
"Don't stay here!"
This hotel was dirty and old. The breakfast is stale and not what is presented as on the website.I would not recommend staying here. And will not return myself.
1 night family trip Mar 26, 2015
Ryan
Enjoyed our stay. Our room was great it was very clean and smelled clean. Nice hotel even tho going through some remodeling. Breakfast was OK cereal, yogurt, waffles etc. There is a Applebee's and Cracker Barrel on either side. Best Applebee's we've ever eaten at the Employees were all friendly and helpful.
Other trip Mar 29, 2015
"Caution. Construction. Disrespectful workers."
The motel is located in the perfect spot for travel in all direction. My last stay was not quite as I wished from times before because of the construction workers, after working, being excessively loud in the motel and in the lounge area. They were very inconsiderate to all the other hotel guest being so loud in the early morning hours. Like between 1am and 5am.
3 night business trip Mar 3, 2015
"Vacation"
Ok place to stay.
7 night trip Jan 26, 2015
Will
"great location to the Maverick Center."
Clean! Staff friendly! Really needs updating. Mattress was very uncomfortable.
Other trip Mar 15, 2015
bob and jan
"Hopeful of future???"
Hotel under a well needed renovation. Great jobby workers to keep noise down. Interested to see it looks when done. Convenient location, great value.
1 night business trip Mar 10, 2015
When I first checked in I was given a room that apparently was already given to another guest. So, I had to get a different room. The new room was dirty. There was a wet towel on the night stand, and dirty towels on the bed. It did not appear that the bed sheets were changed from the last guest. Due to the experience with the staff I chose to sleep in the recliner and ask for new sheets the next day. The hotel hallways are dirty. I chose not to eat breakfast there, but they do have one. I also didn't use the pool, but it looks like a nice one. They are doing construction on some parts of the building so hopefully they are cleaning it up; but that doesn't excuse the poor housekeeping.
Other trip Mar 6, 2015
"getaway needed"
They were doing remodeling, the smell of paint was annoying. The smell of smoke was also bad, the rooms were good.
2 night trip Feb 28, 2015
"poor"
We reserved a king bed- non smoking- got there @ 11:00 pm, tired, and they had overbooked motel-= noting left but a king bed with no heat. Went to room had not been cleaned. Ended up with a queen bed, smoking....which we woke up in the morning feeling like we had been smoking all night.
3 night family trip Feb 26, 2015
COLLEEN
"Early flight out the next morning"
This hotel was doing some remodeling therefore the dust and the confusion on the 1st floor was understandable. However the room we had on the 3rd floor was almost the same way, not as dusty, but from the stains on the furniture, to the filthy carpeting, to the “dust bunnies” and hair left on the bathroom floor and in the tub. We can just hope the remodeling is going to carry through the entire hotel. The bed was comfortable, but I have a hard time sleeping in sweatpants, long-sleeved tee shirt, and socks. (Could not trust the bedding!) We would have moved on, but this was a last resort/all other hotels booked in the surrounding area type of thing. Our flight left very early the next morning anyway. Maybe after the remodel we will consider this hotel again.
1 night romance trip Feb 25, 2015
Our bed 107 was the hardest one I ever had.....but the one in 111 room was comfy. Long night !, . Phil
Other trip Feb 28, 2015
The room was clean. Didn't have or need much intersection from the staff. Draw back was noticing all of the supplies in the main area, buckets of paint ect that was obvious it was in the process of remodeling.
Other trip Feb 22, 2015
"Ok, needs work"
best description is ok, they are renovating the main lobby so the breakfast area was cut back and there was a lot of construction supplies in the parking lot and hall, room was dated but very comfy, excellent location, a lot of restaurants walking distance and close to the mall and highway
2 night business trip Feb 16, 2015
robert
"Wow! Not in a good way"
Had our friends not been staying here, we would have paid for another room elsewhere. Very disappointed.
Other trip Feb 18, 2015
beth
If you want to stay at a great hotel in this area, go to Embassy down the street. This hotel is a mess!
"Under construction ---- dirty"
Under construction ---- noisy and dirty ---- breakfast food not good ---- ie milk was warm juice was aweful
Other trip Feb 15, 2015
"Friday night blues"
I checked in with ease although the desk clerk was t friendly and didn't seem to like his job. I went to the room with my children and as I set my bag down I came across a huge empty bottle of whiskey. I immediately wrapped it up and took it to the front. After standing there for 5 minutes the clerk finally came up front. I told him then gave him the bottle. All he said was oh I'm sorry. That tells me that the room wasn't thrououghly cleaned. The shower filled up as you showered and the drain stopper in the sink was broken. The pictures on the website are extremely misleading. The pool area is small and moldy. The pool didn't feel heated and the hot tub wasn't that hot.
1 night family trip Feb 6, 2015
shannon
"Comfortable"
Very nice, welcoming staff.
3 night business trip Jan 27, 2015
Felicia
"Good night's sleep"
Quier, clean and comfortable.
1 night business trip Feb 1, 2015
"Queen beds.....NOT"
The one staff member we did see was nice. The room was clean. The beds were advertised as being queen beds they were not. They could barely be called a double bed. They were barely big enough for two people. And I had a toddler to share with and they were to small even for us!! I would not recommend this to friends or family.
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
Alysann
"nice hotel, could be cleaner"
pleasant hotel experience with ample parking spots. continental breakfast is good but has no eggs or any proteins. staff was nice and routinely cleaned my room, overall clean room but still had remanants of smoke in elevator and hallways. right next to Cracker Barrel if you want a nice breakfast. 4/5
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
Edson
"Horrible night!!!!"
This was by far the worst hotel I've ever stayed in. Our room was the worst room possible in the hotel #119 right next to the elevator and an open view for anybody in the lobby to see in our room when you open the door. There was no fridge or microwave in our room. We could hear every person getting on and off the elevator all night. The toilet ran every 5 mins and you could hear water running from the bathroom above us all night. The fan in the bathroom did not work and there was shampoo lids in the shower from previous guest. When asked how my stay was upon checking out as I complained from being sleep deprived the lady at the front desk couldn't have cared any less. Why she asked in the first place is beyond me. Because she didn't seem to care what my response was. Not even a sorry or here is a free anything on us. The only think I liked was the location of it being so close to the Maverik center. Would I stay at this hotel again? Absolutely not!!!! This is not the only hotel close to the Maverik center and I will defiantly be staying at one of the others next time.
1 night romance trip Jan 31, 2015
"Ewww!"
We checked in and the guy was great. Nice, saw me struggling with my 2 kids so he walked us to the room opened my door. It went down hill from there. It stunk, I had accidentally booked a smoking room, and they couldn't change it. Oh well my bad. The carpet was dirty and stained. The walls were filthy, scuffed and just dirty. I opened the window and turned the fan on to air it which blew dust EVERY WHERE! We checked out at 445 am, we couldn't stay any longer, couldn't sleep, couldn't breathe.
Other trip Feb 1, 2015