All hotels in Morgantown, West Virginia, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here127 High St, Morgantown, WV, 26505, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"May not go back."
We were given a room initially occupied by someone else. Then we were given a vacant room which was good, but several things didn't work, lamp, wi-fi, light, etc. service was apologetic, and attempted to take care of us. We were told that we were not charged for one of the three nights, but haven't received a refund. The area is good with restaurants in close proximity.
3 night romance trip May 8, 2015
clyde r
"Good Stay"
The room was big and comfortable. The free breakfast was GREAT! It was extensive- waffles, fruit, eggs, potatoes, bacon, sausage, juice, coffee, toast, yogurt, cereal. 100% would go back.
Response by Clarion Hotel Morgan
Thank you for leaving your comments on your recent stay. We look forward to seeing you the next time your in this area. Thank you for choosing The Clarion Hotel Morgan. Thank you, Traci Cain
3 night romance trip May 6, 2015
Jane
"WVU bound"
We stayed to attend an orientation for my son at the university. It was older than I thought but it was clean and fine. I wish the bar would have been opened later and that I could have ordered food. I would stay again.
Response by Clarion Hotel Morgan
Thank you for choosing The Clarion Hotel Morgan. We appreciate your business and look forward to your return the next time you're in this area. Thank you, Traci Cain
1 night family trip Apr 10, 2015
Eleanor
"Historic Hotel....Needs more updated rm/flr"
Great stay...the hotel had a distinctive smell on the 5th floor which I call about.
Thank you for staying at The Clarion Hotel Morgan. Thank you Traci Cain
2 night trip Apr 24, 2015
"Great Hotel!"
Amazing stay. We had a nice king size bed room was clean and the staff was wonderful.
Response by Clarion Hotel Morgan
I'm pleased your stay was an enjoyable one. We look forward to your return. Thank you
1 night romance trip Mar 13, 2015
Ralph
"Historic Hotel with Modern Amenities"
A nice historic hotel with all the amenities of today's time. Great location to the PRT (Personal Rapid Transit) which is perfect to get to the WVU Coliseum for sporting events.
Response by Clarion Hotel Morgan
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm glad your stay was great. Thank you
1 night family trip Mar 7, 2015
"i was a concert goer"
My husband and I went to a concert down the street from the hotel. It was perfect. We had some drinks and didn't have to worry about driving. The staff was really nice and the room was nice and clean.
Response by Clarion Hotel Morgan
Thank you for leaving feedback on our hotel. We look forward to seeing you again. Thank you
1 night romance trip Mar 8, 2015
Erica
"Better attitude from the desk clerk would set tone"
Front desk clerk was rude. Our room was cold and I couldn't get out of the bathroom. The door knob didn't work and I was stuck in there. Love the historic feel of the hotel.
1 night business trip Feb 19, 2015
"Heat Situation"
Very uncomfortable night due to inadequate heat. I spent the night adjusting the temperature because the room did not seem to have enough heat. I had to change rooms simply because there wasn't available staff to take care of a small plumbing issue.
Other trip Feb 22, 2015
"Would definitely stay again!"
Hotel staff was very nice. Restaurant on the 8th floor was amazingly good. The room was clean and comfortable. Bathroom was kind dated. Could use a renovation. The hotel has kept its beautiful old charm with the wood working, original mail chute and elevator equipment. (Just for show btw. Elevators are modern). Parking is a block and a half away. Not terrible but rather inconvenient when it's -2 degrees out. Overall a very nice, charming hotel for a very reasonable price.
3 night romance trip Feb 12, 2015
"Other then parking and breakfast, not to shabby."
Ok so as said in previous comments read the parking lot situation is a mess. Basically upon seeing the hotel on the left you want to take the first right that road will loop to two possible places to park get a spot and go in to receive your parking pass. Hope that helps. Other then that our stay was great lots of places to go for young couples and even families its a nice mountain college city. My only other complaint was the free breakfast the waffle iron didn't work and the juice machine only had apple juice. Minor complaints really unless you really care about parking and breakfast.
2 night romance trip Feb 13, 2015
Joshua
"Cold as *expletive*"
In my previous two trips to Morgantown, my friends and I have stayed at this hotel, and for the price and location, it was always a good choice. This go around, we were put in one of the corner rooms and instead of investing in proper insulation or even a working heating unit, staff decided to line the windows with towels and still rent the room to potential guests. The room was so cold that the ice we got the evening before had only partially (about 50-60%) melted. The room was completely uninhabitable. When we asked to switch rooms, the front desk attendant explained to us that the only available rooms were the corner rooms and that the conditions were to be expected there as well. In the end, we spent our second night in Morgantown elsewhere. I come to Morgantown at least once, if not twice, a year, and I doubt I'll ever stay at the Hotel Morgan again.
2 night trip with friends Feb 15, 2015
Christopher
"Excellent value for business travel"
Very pleasantly surprised! Huge room. Nicely furnised. Comfy bed. Very quite. Right in downtown Morgantown. Nice selection of breakfast items. Convenient parking just across street. Excellent value for business travel. I will stay again the next time I am in Morgantown.
1 night business trip Feb 16, 2015
Randall
"Brrrrr!"
Everything was fine except we had no hot water the first morning. Neither did anybody else until the afternoon.
2 night family trip Feb 11, 2015
Albert
"Great place to overnight when visiting WVU"
We stayed overnight following a WVU gymnastics meet, and thoroughly enjoyed the staff as well as our accommodations. It was nice to have a couch in our room to watch TV, and nice to have a bar in the hotel so we could take drinks back to our room. We also took advantage of the breakfast in the morning.
1 night romance trip Feb 13, 2015
Deborah
"Historic Hotel from1925"
Great downtown location in walking distance to many shops, eateries and WVU Campus.
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
J
"Business trip"
I am a single female, stayed at hotel on business for one week. The staff knew my name from the previous week and were extremely kind and attentive. The hotel is an old historic hotel full of beautiful woodwork and lighting. I couldn't have felt more welcome and attended to. Will stay again.
Other trip Feb 8, 2015
Pam
"Close to my daughter's apartment!"
This is the third time my husband and I stayed at your hotel. Your hotel is now our first choice when we come to Morgantown!
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
Teri
"Hotel Morgan = Great Hotel"
Great stay in a classic hotel. I love the Hotel Morgan. No better location in Morgantown if you plan to be downtown.
1 night trip Jan 31, 2015
"Worked for me"
In town on business. Got a great rate on expedia. Pleasant old hotel, breakfast was a plus. Will stay again.
Other trip Jan 31, 2015
Pam
"Will be back"
We were not expecting this hotel to be as nice as it was. clean room, friendly staff, ok breakfast and a very beautiful building.
1 night romance trip Jan 13, 2015
"Freezing cold room due to using this booking servi"
The room was very cold. They said because we booked through this service we could not get a refund. They also knew there were heating concerns, however, they said because we booked through this site, we could not get a refund. It was very disappointing to know due to the convenience of the site, we were treated poorly. We visit our daughter 5-6 times a year, and will not return if this issue is not addressed.
1 night family trip Jan 10, 2015
"Spacious rooms"
Has a nice bar attached to it and located in downtown area. Rooms are spacious. An older hotel but nice. Stay here when visiting wvu
Other trip Jan 13, 2015
KTK
Stayed for one night. Charming older hotel. Kept nicely, clean.
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
"Unusual and Old"
While room was nice the cleaning staff left clothing from prior guest on floor. Remote in room turned off heating unit every time you changed channels. Sharp metal edges in elevator and had to go down 2 times to get keys to work.
Other trip Jan 11, 2015
Stan
"greatness"
It was really nice
1 night trip Dec 30, 2014
"Great Stay at a Classic Hotel"
We drove from NH to Morgantown overnight, arrived very early, was allowed to check-in early so we could catch some sleep, front desk staff was friendly and professional. This is a "classic" hotel with many amenities from a "bygone era", absolutely beautiful. The downtown location was walking distance from many Morgantown restaurants and shopping, as well as the University. I highly recommend this hotel, and know where I will be staying next time we visit Morgantown.
2 night family trip Dec 29, 2014
Stephen
"TV Remote conflict with Heating Unit"
I only had three issues with this room. 1. When we changed the TV channel with the remote control the heater would turn on and off. Kinda crazy. 2. The parking lot is not property of the hotel. We got a parking ticket for backing into a spot. Our truck is longer and I didn't think we could back out of a spot with the next row so close. Ends up being that the city owned the lot and the small print on the signs was readable from the middle of the isle. Read all the fine print!!! 3. The sheet and blanket weren't sufficient to stay warm with when it's cold outside. Breakfast was nice. Better than most places. The hotel ballroom was beautiful.
"Overnight swim meet"
Hotel was great, good location, very quiet and comfortable.
"Great historic hotel"
Second time staying here. Like this hotel alot. Old, historic hotel, with a lot of nice woodworking and uniqueness. The food, (both times ate at the bar), is outstanding. Best steaks, I've had anywhere!!! Worth staying there just for that. Alot of cool restaurants and bars, within easy walking distance, as well. Very friendly folks working there, including the owner, Mike. Worth a try, if you haven't stayed before. Art museum, right next door!
1 night business trip Sep 16, 2014
Very disappointed with our recent stay. Arrived late on a Thursday and pulled up to the hotel and there was a group of townies fighting in front of our car preventing us from exiting our car to unpack. We were then asked to park our fully loaded van in a dark unlit lot behind a building across the street. Not wanted my freshman daughters belongings stolen we decided to unpack our stuffed car to room. Our non smoking room was smelling like smoke and must and very dated but clean. The following morning we left early and returned exhausted from moving our daughter into dorm only to find elevator not working. Had to climb 5 flights of stairs with several bags.
2 night business trip Aug 14, 2014
Franzese
"inconvenient parking"
foreign speaking man answering when trying to book room was having a hard time understanding me and vice-versa. specifically told them i needed a sofa bed or cot with room. when i got there and checked in, room did not have a sofa bed or cot, had to switch rooms. Was not told about no parking until i got there, after circling around hotel 4 times while trying to call their front desk to ask (who were NOT answering any of there lines, ) had to have daughter run in while i idled outside to ask them where to park, which was around the block in a pay-to-park public, unsecured lot with no security. When i asked about a continental breakfast, i was told it was on floor two. next morning in elevator, surprised to see none of the cars had a button for "2"....wasted time trying to find someone to ask where buffet was. finally found another lost guest who discovered on their own they meant "M" for mezzanine floor. they could have told us that instead of wasting our time. Staff seemed ill-equipped and in-experienced, front of hotel when entering smells old and musty.
Other trip Aug 16, 2014
karen
"WVU Move IN"
Great location for downtown and WVU.....easy walking distance to the downtown campus. As most folks visiting Morgantown know, parking is an issue everywhere and The Morgan is no exception. The staff was friendly and very helpful. The Morgan is from another time. Wonderful woodwork and great bones as a building, but it doesn't look like it is being maintained the way it deserves to be. Little things that make you say, why don't they just simply fix that or clean this. Room was very clean and comfortable; my wife loved the pillows and bed. Breakfast was about what you would expect, nothing special, but it got the day started. The bar looked friendly enough but we didn't partake. We also didn't eat in the dining room, but the menu looked good. Close to the PRT, which is always helpful at WVU. You will hear trucks coming over the Westover bridge and heading up the hill on 119, so don't plan on sleeping late. Not as nice as The Waterfront or The Chestnut but way better than the chains in town. It fits into a niche where it doesn't have any real competition. Would I stay there again, absolutely.
Other trip Aug 16, 2014
WVU Dad
"Hotel Morgan -Go somewhere else"
We will never stay here again. The hotel location is very inconvenient to the highway, hard to find, and parking is less than ideal. The agent who assisted us in booking only cared about making a booking and not what I really had asked for. The hotel is old, renovated, carpet felt unclean, window unit A/C. The desk clerk never told us there was a complementary breakfast, which we stumbled upon, and they would not give us a print out of our bill!
1 night trip Aug 7, 2014
J. Zee
The hotel is located in downtown Morgantown walking distance to food, parks and nightlife. The hotel bar and cafe were both closed during our stay so we had to leave the hotel for meals. The hotel was having trouble with the key cards so the line for check in was long and other customers were complaining that the problem had been going on all day. The staff was not very helpful in making recommendation on alternative food or entertainment when I stated my disappointment with the cafe and bar been in closed. He stated anything outside the hotel would be better than anything the hotel could offer. Location location! That was the best thing going for the hotel.
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
It was a nice hotel, I will stay there again, it was very close to WVU, that's where my daughter is going
Other trip Jun 28, 2014
"Beautiful Hotel"
The hotel was beautiful. The staff was very nice and very helpful. We will definitely stay again.
1 night trip Jun 18, 2014
Carla
"Over priced for what is being offered!!!"
Rooms and corridors are not properly ventilated. Obviously over time building starts smelling funny. They need to open all windows once every week and let the building have few air changes with fresh air.
1 night business trip Jun 16, 2014
"Cool, dude"
Good location near lots of bars and restaurants. Staff was very friendly. They let us check in early and use their parking lot the day before we checked in, which was a big help. The room was spacious and had a fridge and microwave, which seems to be more and more rare in hotels these days.
1 night trip Jun 13, 2014
"Old......"
Old, dated and needs updated! Will not recommend to any one!
Other trip Jun 13, 2014
"Good Hotel"
It was located in the middle of town, which made walking to everywhere easy. Also very friendly staff
1 night business trip May 30, 2014
"Trip to Morgantown for baseball"
Hotel was nice and staff was friendly. The bar inside is nice.
Other trip Apr 23, 2014
"Stayed for a show"
Staff was friendly. Room was all right. Bathtub had a ledge on it. RIght next to 123 Pleasent St. As good of a view of Morgantown as any.
1 night trip Apr 12, 2014
"My stay at Clarion Hotel Morgan"
went to the West Virginia and Kansas game Hotel is very clean and fun love the town overall and nightlife. I had a really great time staff was great. thank you very much.
Other trip Mar 10, 2014
"Off the Interstate but nice"
Very enjoyable; staff was very polite and helpful. I personally wanted something at the interstate but rooms were booked. Enjoyed my stay in downtown Morgontown in spite of driving off the interstate.
1 night trip Feb 19, 2014
We're were only there for one night but I could have slept for days. The bed and pillow were so comfortable, we enjoyed our night there.
Other trip Nov 21, 2013
"close to the theater..."
So close to the theater that we could walk Parking not too far Clean and nice staff
1 night trip with friends Oct 31, 2013
"Difficult to find.. need to change sign to Clarion"
Everything was Ok but .....property definitely needs an update ...very tired and worn -out decore.. great location
1 night romance trip Oct 24, 2013
"Nice hotel in the middle of the city"
Nice hotel in the middle of the city. Friendly staff, clean room, not special breakfast, good value, I'd stay there again.
1 night trip Oct 17, 2013
Very nice, clean hotel. Great location in downtown Morgantown!
2 night trip Oct 12, 2013