All hotels in Morgantown, West Virginia, United States of America
127 High St, Morgantown, WV, 26505, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Very disappointed with our recent stay. Arrived late on a Thursday and pulled up to the hotel and there was a group of townies fighting in front of our car preventing us from exiting our car to unpack. We were then asked to park our fully loaded van in a dark unlit lot behind a building across the street. Not wanted my freshman daughters belongings stolen we decided to unpack our stuffed car to room. Our non smoking room was smelling like smoke and must and very dated but clean. The following morning we left early and returned exhausted from moving our daughter into dorm only to find elevator not working. Had to climb 5 flights of stairs with several bags.
2 night business trip Aug 14, 2014
Franzese
"inconvenient parking"
foreign speaking man answering when trying to book room was having a hard time understanding me and vice-versa. specifically told them i needed a sofa bed or cot with room. when i got there and checked in, room did not have a sofa bed or cot, had to switch rooms. Was not told about no parking until i got there, after circling around hotel 4 times while trying to call their front desk to ask (who were NOT answering any of there lines, ) had to have daughter run in while i idled outside to ask them where to park, which was around the block in a pay-to-park public, unsecured lot with no security. When i asked about a continental breakfast, i was told it was on floor two. next morning in elevator, surprised to see none of the cars had a button for "2"....wasted time trying to find someone to ask where buffet was. finally found another lost guest who discovered on their own they meant "M" for mezzanine floor. they could have told us that instead of wasting our time. Staff seemed ill-equipped and in-experienced, front of hotel when entering smells old and musty.
Other trip Aug 16, 2014
karen
"WVU Move IN"
Great location for downtown and WVU.....easy walking distance to the downtown campus. As most folks visiting Morgantown know, parking is an issue everywhere and The Morgan is no exception. The staff was friendly and very helpful. The Morgan is from another time. Wonderful woodwork and great bones as a building, but it doesn't look like it is being maintained the way it deserves to be. Little things that make you say, why don't they just simply fix that or clean this. Room was very clean and comfortable; my wife loved the pillows and bed. Breakfast was about what you would expect, nothing special, but it got the day started. The bar looked friendly enough but we didn't partake. We also didn't eat in the dining room, but the menu looked good. Close to the PRT, which is always helpful at WVU. You will hear trucks coming over the Westover bridge and heading up the hill on 119, so don't plan on sleeping late. Not as nice as The Waterfront or The Chestnut but way better than the chains in town. It fits into a niche where it doesn't have any real competition. Would I stay there again, absolutely.
Other trip Aug 16, 2014
WVU Dad
"Hotel Morgan -Go somewhere else"
We will never stay here again. The hotel location is very inconvenient to the highway, hard to find, and parking is less than ideal. The agent who assisted us in booking only cared about making a booking and not what I really had asked for. The hotel is old, renovated, carpet felt unclean, window unit A/C. The desk clerk never told us there was a complementary breakfast, which we stumbled upon, and they would not give us a print out of our bill!
1 night trip Aug 7, 2014
J. Zee
The hotel is located in downtown Morgantown walking distance to food, parks and nightlife. The hotel bar and cafe were both closed during our stay so we had to leave the hotel for meals. The hotel was having trouble with the key cards so the line for check in was long and other customers were complaining that the problem had been going on all day. The staff was not very helpful in making recommendation on alternative food or entertainment when I stated my disappointment with the cafe and bar been in closed. He stated anything outside the hotel would be better than anything the hotel could offer. Location location! That was the best thing going for the hotel.
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
It was a nice hotel, I will stay there again, it was very close to WVU, that's where my daughter is going
Other trip Jun 28, 2014
"Beautiful Hotel"
The hotel was beautiful. The staff was very nice and very helpful. We will definitely stay again.
1 night trip Jun 18, 2014
Carla
"Over priced for what is being offered!!!"
Rooms and corridors are not properly ventilated. Obviously over time building starts smelling funny. They need to open all windows once every week and let the building have few air changes with fresh air.
1 night business trip Jun 16, 2014
"Cool, dude"
Good location near lots of bars and restaurants. Staff was very friendly. They let us check in early and use their parking lot the day before we checked in, which was a big help. The room was spacious and had a fridge and microwave, which seems to be more and more rare in hotels these days.
1 night trip Jun 13, 2014
"Old......"
Old, dated and needs updated! Will not recommend to any one!
Other trip Jun 13, 2014
"Good Hotel"
It was located in the middle of town, which made walking to everywhere easy. Also very friendly staff
1 night business trip May 30, 2014
"Trip to Morgantown for baseball"
Hotel was nice and staff was friendly. The bar inside is nice.
Other trip Apr 23, 2014
"Stayed for a show"
Staff was friendly. Room was all right. Bathtub had a ledge on it. RIght next to 123 Pleasent St. As good of a view of Morgantown as any.
1 night trip Apr 12, 2014
"My stay at Clarion Hotel Morgan"
went to the West Virginia and Kansas game Hotel is very clean and fun love the town overall and nightlife. I had a really great time staff was great. thank you very much.
Other trip Mar 10, 2014
"Off the Interstate but nice"
Very enjoyable; staff was very polite and helpful. I personally wanted something at the interstate but rooms were booked. Enjoyed my stay in downtown Morgontown in spite of driving off the interstate.
1 night trip Feb 19, 2014
We're were only there for one night but I could have slept for days. The bed and pillow were so comfortable, we enjoyed our night there.
Other trip Nov 21, 2013
"close to the theater..."
So close to the theater that we could walk Parking not too far Clean and nice staff
1 night trip with friends Oct 31, 2013
"Difficult to find.. need to change sign to Clarion"
Everything was Ok but .....property definitely needs an update ...very tired and worn -out decore.. great location
1 night romance trip Oct 24, 2013
"Nice hotel in the middle of the city"
Nice hotel in the middle of the city. Friendly staff, clean room, not special breakfast, good value, I'd stay there again.
1 night trip Oct 17, 2013
Very nice, clean hotel. Great location in downtown Morgantown!
2 night trip Oct 12, 2013
Dianna
"Historic charm trumps modern soullessness..."
This was my third stay at the Hotel Morgan and would recommend it to anyone. As it is an historic hotel in an established downtown, it has much more charm and character than any cookie-cutter chain outlet can offer. Our standard room was quite roomy and included a convenient couch. Was there a slight odor of I'm not sure what at times through the building? Yes. Were all fixtures as modern as you'd find in a just-thrown-together chain building that will be torn down in 20 years? No. But wood, brass, and a step back in time remain more than worth that exchange for me. Very friendly and attentive service at the front desk and the ground-floor bar/lounge also excellent and a pleasant surprise.
2 night trip with friends Oct 11, 2013
Anthony
"Great place to stay downtown"
Stayed for one night while in Morgantown. The hotel is a bit old but everything inside was nice and cozy and plenty "new" when it came to the sheets, shower, pillows, etc. The bar downstairs was great and the room was spacious enough to be comfortable. I don't think it is a GREAT deal for their nightly rate but with the limited options in Morgantown it was fine. We wanted to go out on the town and have dinner and drinks. So, staying on High street was perfect as we didn't have to walk far, drive or pay much for a cab. Side note...our cab driver was nice but never turned on the meter and the rates were basically whatever he felt like charging us. You could tell his rates probably got more expensive as the night went on and the demand for cabs were higher.
Other trip Oct 14, 2013
Staff were extremely nice and helpful. I recommend the restaurant for dinner
1 night trip Sep 21, 2013
"Vsiting WVU"
Very comfortable room. Building in very nice condition. 5 minutes from one section of WVU. One block over from the tram to th e university Management and customer service was very good. I asked for an early check in. The rooom was ready. I also asked if I could stay past chk out time and they were very accomodating. Also the price was right. Downtown area so there were some loiterers however a lot of restaruants and in a safe location.
1 night trip Sep 14, 2013
"pretty good stay..."
Convenient location. Couple blocks from everything- thats good and bad as one way there is a sort of seedy red light type district and the other way is the river walkway and the scenic campus center. Lovely restaurant on top of the hotel. Old interior, its time to update that it went from being classic to dingy. Our room as fairly clean and very comfortable with a nice view. The staff was all very friendly and helpful. The continental breakfast was highly processed baked goods and microwaved sausage and eggs. it's free so cant really complain just couldnt eat anything there as have dietary restrictions.
1 night business trip Aug 28, 2013
AH
"Class Act"
What a charming venerable lady! Highlight of the stay was the dinner on the roof top. Food was outstanding and service was great.
1 night trip Aug 28, 2013
Ron
"Nice but too dark!"
Hotel needs some modernizing, inside is too dark and Telephone service was difficult to get out. Complimentary breakfast needs a lot of help in content and atmosphere. Also, dining in the hotel is too expensive.
Other trip Aug 23, 2013
"My go to hotel in Morgantown"
Fine as usual. Love staying on High Street, walking to restaurants and stores. convenient parking across the street from the hotel.
1 night trip Aug 11, 2013
BG2
"Great Place"
Nicest people I've ever met, very helpful.
1 night trip Aug 1, 2013
"Within walking distance of WVU"
I stayed here about six years ago, and my most recent stay was a definite improvement over the last. The rooms were cleaner and nicer than last time, although it is still an old, tired hotel waiting to be refurbished. The breakfast was so bad we skipped it both days. The location can't be beat - right next to the university on the main street of town.
2 night trip Jul 28, 2013
csk
This is the place to stay if you're staying in Morgantown. within walking distance to several downtown shops and restaurants.
1 night family trip Jul 19, 2013
"Wonderful staff but hotel ok"
This beautiful historic hotel in downtown Morgantown was very easy to find. There was no place to unload the luggage as the 2 spots in front of the hotel were in use. The parking lot was easily accessible but a long wet walk as it was pouring the rain. Expedia did not give a choice of what kind of room or number of beds so I was not happy to find out only one bed was in the room reserved, however, the very nice man at the front desk took care of that problem easily by giving us a room with 2 beds. He stated that it happens a lot because people are not given the option on the travel sites and if the hotel is full he is not able to always make the changes for people. The hotel itself was just gorgeous if you like old historic buildings which I do. The lobby and mezzanine were clean and the chandeliers were sparkling. The room itself was a good size and had a desk and a sitting area in front of the TV. The beds were very hard and not comfortable for my arthritis, however, the pillows were comfortable. The carpet was dirty and the curtains looked very shabby with holes in them which really ruined the overall impression of the renovation of this beautiful historic hotel.
Other trip Jul 12, 2013
"Morgan"
Staff we're very nice. Breakfast poor with little healthy choice. Room old- needs a good clean and updated. Too pricey for room. Noisy room neighbors late night. Top floor restaurant looked very good albeit expensive. Handy downtown location but town full of bums.
Other trip Jul 4, 2013
traveler
"OMG"
This hotel is dark, dirty, and depressing! It appears that someone has tried to do some repairs---on the cheap!
Other trip Jun 20, 2013
Lolly
"Good location. Nice hotel"
I stay here fairly often when visiting family. It is a centrally located and convenient to restaurants, etc. It is clean and comfortable with a friendly staff. The rates are usually very good for the area and caliber of hotel. My only complaint for this stay was that when I returned to the hotel one day at 5:00 PM after being out for the day, the room had still not been made up. Otherwise, no complaints.
Other trip Jun 14, 2013
Jon
"Not too bad"
Picked this hotel for its location. The staff was very cordial and accommodating and allowed me to check in early in preparation of a wedding. The rooms are big but extremely old school with window air conditioners and old bathrooms. The pillows also arent the best but overall, I would still go back.
Other trip May 11, 2013
Pare
"Awesome"
The staff were amazing. The bed was massive and extremely comfortable. Just everything was good!
3 night trip Apr 7, 2013
Ross
"Such a memorable stay!"
Awesome, the hotel was exquisite and charming. The decor was traditional for the time period built and made the accommodations more enjoyable. The front desk was polite and helpful, the 8th floor restaurant - amazing! The rooms were large, elegant and comfortable. Would visit West Virginia again just to say at this hotel. The town was exciting and charming and the views from the 8th floor restaurant breathtaking and the view from the 3rd floor balcony into the banquet hall magical! So enjoyed our trip!!!!!
Other trip Apr 8, 2013
Jackie
"Disappointing"
The hotel is an fantastic old structure that could be more beautiful with some updates. The public areas show their wear and are less than desirable. The rooms are small but clean. The free wi-fi is a joke. During my two day stay, I wasn't able to get any work done because the speed of the wi-fi was so slow and kept kicking me off. I called the front desk and was told that they re-set the server but couldn't help the speed. I was also disappointed in the continental breakfast. If you are heath conscience or have a big appetite, eat somewhere else.
Other trip Apr 3, 2013
Peggy
"WVU stay"
I really enjoyed the hotel. I have stayed tere before and love the area.
Other trip Mar 6, 2013
"Just ok"
Hotel Morgan is the best choice for staying in downtown Morgantown. The hotel restaurant is one of the best restaurants in town. My only real complaint is the breakfast. The description did not mention a continental style breakfast. The breakfast was very disappointing, especially for a hotel that has such a great restaurant on-site.
2 night romance trip Mar 1, 2013
"Love Morgantown"
This classic old hotel, once the Hotel Morgan, is a little gem. Unfortunately, it seems not many people know about it. Beautiful woodworking in the whole hotel. Quaint bar/grille on the ground floor, was a delight and food was very good. There is a top floor formal restauant, which I understand has a great view, but I didn't get to that area. Room was huge! Nice King sized bed, ajoining to nice living area with full sized couch. Will definitely stay there again.
1 night business trip Feb 26, 2013
clean hotel in the middle of town.
1 night trip with friends Feb 14, 2013
greg
My friend and I were visiting for a sporting event. The hotel was close to all the bars/restaurants of downtown and a couple blocks from the PRT station, which was helpful in getting to and from the game. Overall, it was a good trip! The staff was helpful and nice. I read a lot about smells and stuff, and honestly, it smelled perfectly normal.
2 night trip with friends Jan 27, 2013
"Will Stay Again!"
Great experience for the price! I've stayed at Hotel Morgan three times, and it never disappoints for the location and for the comfort (considering the fairly cheap expense).
Other trip Jan 2, 2013
"Nice downtown hotel"
Hotel was centrally located to downtown. It definitely had the feel of a older hotel, but the room was large and clean. Staff was very nice. The complimentary breakfast had little to offer.
Other trip Dec 13, 2012
"Good service"
If you love old buildings, this is the place for you. It truly reminds you of what hotels used to look like with it's beautiful grand entrance. On the downside, this place really could use a bellhop and valet parking. I never say that, but due to the location of the parking lot and minimal parking to unload, people could use a hand. The staff was great!
Other trip Oct 29, 2012
"The old gal needs a new dress"
Young and inexperienced check in staff were friendly and accomodating, but not "with it" in terms of being proficient and on top of their game. Yet to their credit - friendly. Bartender had an attitude. Hallways from elevator to my room needed to have paint stripped and repainted. Furniture in the room, headboards and upholstered fabrics were worn. This ain't old European, its just old.
1 night business trip Sep 12, 2012
"History Has An Odor"
Great location for downtown access. Somewhere I believe I read that this hotel is either a landmark, or it is a hotel with historic significance. Well, unfortunately, a trip back to yesteryear has a price ... how do you get rid of history's odor? I understand the hotel is now non-smoking, but this is one of those hotels you can't help but reminisce (as much as you hate to) about how it was like when people did smoke in hotels. I have stayed in luxury hotels that were in very old buildings, but subsequently remodeled. Somehow they get rid of history's odor ... The Clarion should seek out those experts! A shout-out for the staff - Not only was the desk clerk who initially checked me in very pleasant, but all the workers in the hotel seemed to take special pride in working there. The icing on the stale cake - I called to inquire about checkout in the evening before I was to leave. The clerk responded "11am", but immediately followed the statement with "what time would you like to check-out?" I said I had a meeting in the morning, but I didn't know when it would end ... the clerk responded "how about we make it for 1pm, and if your meeting extends beyond that just call the desk and we will adjust the time." I ended up having a quick meeting, and checking out by 10am. Nevertheless, the relief I had (and the better sleep) knowing I wouldn't have to pack all my things up to check out by 11am was EXTREMELY SATISFYING.
Other trip Sep 15, 2012
I won't go back. Hotel smells really bad and has really dreary, depressing feel to it. The complementary breakfast was horrible. Not even fresh brewed coffee and had plastic plates and utensils and bad environment. The monitor in the "business center" was 10 years old and unusable. The WIFI in my room stopped working and I was told that many other guests have the identical problem I had...yet you won't fix it! Parking is a block away.
1 night trip Sep 3, 2012