All hotels in Cape May, New Jersey, United States of America

"July 2015 Stay"
Not enough parking.
2 night family trip Jul 23, 2015
"Weekend stay"
My daughters and I enjoyed a long weekend stay at the Lafayette. The view of the ocean was wonderful. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the breakfast buffet was terrific. I would definitely consider returning to this hotel.
3 night family trip Jun 26, 2015
"so so"
Room was dreary. no daylight into bedroom. one window in adjoining room.balconies were side by side but the door to it was not able to be locked.I did not feel secure. all the doors including ours were so tight they had to be slammed to close securely which kept waking up my wife.For the amenities offered we thought the price of the room to be excessive We will not stay there again
2 night romance trip Jun 12, 2015
"our 22nd Aniversary"
The trip was to celebrate our Wedding Aniversary. We found the hotel to be comfortable and quiet. Our room was nice and everything worked. Overall the hotel was a little shabby (but in a refined way) and very clean. The FREE breakfast was outstanding & I liked the fact that it was offered until 11AM, we're not early risers. The only negative was one of the outside lights shone straight into our room,we couldn't turn it off. Hotel came to the rescue by hanging a blanket over the window and we slept well. The hotel staff was obliging and very helpful. The central location was a big plus.
3 night romance trip May 20, 2015
Jack
"Very unhappy customer"
The Hotel its self needs to be updated. Rooms are very cold. The rate of the hotel was too much for the condition of the room. I don't think I will be back again.
3 night family trip Feb 13, 2015
"Nice hotel on the beach, pool, and restaurant."
The room wasn't the view we wanted I asked at the desk for a deferent one. It was no problem they made sure we were happy.
Other trip Jan 21, 2015
BUB
"Cold room"
Room never warmed up. Called the front desk 3 times with no answer, finally got through. Told them the tv wouldn't work, they said someone would be up to fix it, no one showed.
Other trip Jan 14, 2015
"Cape May, NJ Treasure"
Hotel provided a wonderful buffet breakfast in pleasant surroundings. The location was excellent for sightseeing, shopping and dining. The staff was friendly and helpful.
2 night trip with friends Dec 26, 2014
"Cold air coming in through the door gap"
The door of the room could use some adjustment to stop the cold air from coming in through the gap. We complained and the hotel put us in another room, and the situation was improved, but not eliminated. Otherwise, things are OK and the hotel is in a great location in Cape May.
2 night romance trip Jan 2, 2015
"New Years Eve 2015 Stay"
The hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating. Rooms were very clean and provided a beautiful view of the ocean. Beds were very comfortable.
Other trip Jan 6, 2015
"Christmas get a way"
Good comfortable room excellent breakfast buffet. Balcony over looking the ocean
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
joe
"Could use some improvement."
OK, but nothing special. Couldn’t get room until after 4 PM despite No Vacancy sign illuminated all afternoon. Staff neglected to inform us room was ready. Late night staff behaved more like a night club bouncer than a courtesy desk employee. Place could use some upkeep. Would return, but not on top of hotel wish list.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
"Love This Hotel"
Built in late 1800s, beautifully decorated for a romantic get-away or family vacation. Located directly across from beach. Very comfortable bed. Great balcony. Close to shopping and restaurants on main strip.
1 night family trip Dec 29, 2014
"Close to the beach is the best feature."
Bed was horrible. Very soft, dip in the middle. Carpet stained. Door needed to be slammed to shut. Very noisy....could hear through the walls.
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
Virginia
"Definitely recommend"
Very satisfied with the hotel and service. Breakfast buffet was extensive too.
1 night romance trip Dec 27, 2014
Gaurav
"Great Getaway"
This hotel offers ocean views from every room which is wonderful. The suite was a great choice because it has a kitchenette and sitting room that is very comfortable.
4 night family trip Dec 24, 2014
"Quick overnighter"
Our first time at this hotel, it was a last minute overnighter and loved it! Would stay again!!
1 night family trip Dec 19, 2014
Jill
"Great location!"
The hotel (and every room) faces the beach, and all have a small balcony with 2 nice chairs. The staff is friendly and the rooms are adequate. Sice we were there in December, it was mostly empty, so I can't tell you what it's like in the peak season. I imagine that it's very "lively", i.e., crowded and noisy. A decent alternative to a B&B, especially if you're bringing kids.
Other trip Dec 22, 2014
"Great Stay in a Great Town"
I went to Cape May with my Mother and teenage daughter for a girls weekend during the holiday season. Location is perfect! Car can remained parked, walking to the Washington Mall area is only a block or two away. Check in was quick and easy. Our room was on the 5th floor, an ocean view suite. I was a little nervous as we walked down the hallway because the hall seemed a little run down and dark. However, when we entered the room it was much nicer than expected. Room was very clean and the set up was nice. View perfect. We called front desk to request bedding for the pull out. Almost immediately someone had brought us everything we needed. The best part though, is the included free breakfast. Has everything you could ask for and more. Made to order eggs, waffles, French toast, cream chipped beef. A ton of breakfast meats and sides, pastries, breads. The list goes on and on. All drinks and juices are included too. Service was friendly and fast. All food pans were kept full throughout. Really nice treat. I would choose this hotel again and recommend to others for sure.
1 night family trip Dec 13, 2014
Tara
"Just what we wanted!"
Cape May is beautiful and our experience in the hotel was as I remembered it...big room, balcony overlooking the ocean. It felt very quaint. It is close to everything. Staff was very helpful and friendly. Perfect getaway from NYC hustle and bustle!
1 night trip with friends Dec 6, 2014
"Perfect Cape May Getaway"
My wife and I needed to get away for a weekend and we love Cape May, so we booked 2 nights in late October. The Marquis de Lafayette was the perfect hotel for our trip. It's within walking distance of everything and we were able to walk to the beach, great restaurants, bars, shopping and even the horse carriage tours. We had a great time as there were many Halloween-themed events over the weekend. Also, waking up to a hot breakfast buffet each morning was fantastic. Food was great and staff was wonderful. Overall the room was very clean and attended to daily by the housekeeping staff, who were very attentive and did an amazing job. We will definitely come back!
Other trip Oct 30, 2014
"Weekend Getaway"
The staff was great. Maid service was excellent. Good location. Every room has ocean view. Downtown within easy walking distance.
2 night trip Oct 23, 2014
An average quality hotel with a great location and views. Overall, we were very satisfied.
3 night family trip Oct 17, 2014
"Very pleasant stay"
When I arrived at my door I was very disappointed .The door was rusty and showed signs of a poorly done repair. The room was clean and nicely furnished. I was very pleased. The breakfast buffet was tasty and bountiful. I would stay there again.
3 night trip with friends Oct 18, 2014
Pleasant staff. Old hotel that has been renovated to cover up most of the worn building. The location is good and near most activities. The bathroom is extremely small but adequate. The hot breakfast was very good with numerous choices on the menu including a chief to make your personalized omelet. Alan
Other trip Oct 15, 2014
Mickey
"Getaway weekend"
Our stay was good, clean rooms hotel exterior could use painting and dining room could use a make over.
2 night trip with friends Oct 10, 2014
"Nice relaxing stay"
The room was clean and comefortable. The location is fantastic. We had an ocean view and were within walking distance ( 3 blocks) of the walking mall and all the main restaurants.
4 night romance trip Sep 7, 2014
Ray
"Great staff across from beach"
Free breakfast buffet was delicious and the room was nice. The personnel were very friendly and helpful. The only drawback was the mattress in the room was uncomfortable and I feel sorry for any adults who sleep on the pull outs! View was gorgeous and the hotel was centrally located and within walking distance to many attractions and restaurants. We brought our two small children and they had a blast; I would definitely stay here again!
Other trip Sep 6, 2014
"Beautiful view"
Spent 2 days at the Marquis de L - and enjoyed the time there very much. It is in an excellent location, straight across from a great beach and within easy walking distance of many terrific restaurants. It has an old fashioned feel, but is clean and comfortable.
Other trip Sep 6, 2014
MC
"Beautiful, elegant, hotel has seen better days"
I loved Marquis De Lafayette Hotel. I remember riding my bike past it when I was a child and wondering about the rich people who could stay in such a wonderful place. Now I wonder how the hotel justifies charging such high prices while not spending money on needed updates. The rooms were a little bit run down, the staff was wonderful but seemed harried and overworked, and the hotel was clean. There were little things like the broken ice cream machine in the hall on the second floor and the exposed duct work (not in the cool, industrial way) that made me question whether management was even trying to keep the place upscale. The hotel had a wonderful breakfast and is on an excellent location. And I love quirky places like this. But I know that I could have a room that is nicer for less money at one of the less famous places in the neighborhood and I doubt that I'll go back.
Other trip Aug 28, 2014
Dennis
"location was great, but....."
The location was great., but the hotel really showed is age. Room was damp and had damp musty smell whether we had door open, or air on. Couch felt damp. Carpet felt damp and I didn't really want to walk on it. It may have helped if there was tile instead of carpet.
4 night business trip Jul 25, 2014
Monica
"Nice location right across from the beach"
This was a great experience. The hotel is right at the beach, the staff is friendly and accommodating, the room had everything that we needed, and the free breakfast buffet was fantastic!!
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
Perfect for friend getaway. The suite was perfect for four including overall space, sleeping arrangements and the kitchen with refrigerator. We were able to walk everywhere, which was exactly what we all wanted.
2 night trip with friends Jun 6, 2014
Irishkk
"Very noisy after 1AM!"
We have stayed at the Marquis De Lafayette many times over the years without a problem. This was the first time in June and we did not sleep well at all! The first night it was well inebriated guest load talking and occasional shouting into the early morning hours. The second night it was skate boarding and maintenance work after 1AM. We realize that the people above us were locked out of their room by a key failure and the lock had to be hammered off, but their was excessive tool dropping, floor scrapping and and shooting that was over the top! We will not go back there again!
Other trip Jun 17, 2014
"First time at the hotel"
The area was great the staff was amazing. The rooms are nice... The vents had dirt and dust in them... Was a lot...beds were clean... The included breakfast was completely amazing... Service was great... Keep in mind this is a really old hotel not on of the newer ones....so don't think your staying In a brand new place... It's a classy hotel just very old
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
Ryan
"great hotel amenities, ocean front, clean"
we were revisiting cape may after 8 years and chose to stay in the same hotel by the beach. the hotel has all required amenities, is by the beach and close to downtown. this time we went with family. convenient laundry, housekeeping calls, hot breakfast daily at the onsite restaurant and friendly and helpful staff. the suites would stay a family of 4 comfortably. rooms and bathrooms were clean. full kitchenette was available along with cutlery and for those who like the convenience of a keurig machine they had them in the room. laundry chutes for dirty linen not accumulating in the room. we would stay at the same hotel if we visit again.
Other trip Jun 3, 2014
regi
"excellent"
Loved it can't wait to go back
3 night business trip May 23, 2014
Jeremiah
"hotel de Lafayette"
Friendly and courteous staff also they are knowledgeable on all details.
2 night trip May 24, 2014
Susan brzoska
"Requested a king size bed and got 2 twins instead"
Very disappointed. Requested a king size bed and got 2 twins instead. Not happy about that since I was spending a lot of money for 2 nights. Will never go back there again. Hotel needs lots of updating and repairs. And I will never use Expedia ever again either. Very bad experience altogether.
Other trip May 28, 2014
tony
"Cape May beachfront"
Best complementary breakfast I ever had! Located on the beach with access to many shops and restaurants within walking distance. Pet and kid friendly. Balconies facing the ocean. Staff was superb. The only negative was that the larger tv was not in bedroom. Tony the bartender (on weekends) made amazing drinks and was hilarious! I had such an amazing time here and will definitely be back this year (I hope)!
Other trip May 27, 2014
Jenny
"Opposite the Beach"
The Standard Room was lovely, with a small porch overlooking the ocean on Beach Avenue. Slightly loud on a Saturday nite with revelers on street and in next room. Breakfast was ample with many selections, and included in room price. The bad part was dealing with the daytime Front Desk Hostess and the Daytime Manager, who were like "evil twins", refusing to let us see various available rooms, insisting we had to have the one assigned to us. Our assigned room was opposite the noisy hotel kitchen fan and near the icemaker. The response we received to our complaint was that we could not be moved, they were booked. Later that day, we approached the afternoon/evening General Manager with our concerns, who quickly checked the computer and was happy to move us to another room just down the hall. All four days of our stay, the Vacancy Sign remained on. AND the daytime staff avoiding meeting our eyes. Poor form, indeed.
3 night romance trip May 15, 2014
"Just okay"
The rooms were very outdated. I expected a nicer room, especially for the price. There are not enough outlets at all. They do give a free breakfast which was very good. Will not stay there again.
1 night trip Mar 22, 2014
"Nice people"
I got stuck after missing the ferry. The manager upgraded my room to a suite and recommended a wonderful restaurant/pub just down the street. Definitely see another stay there in the future.
1 night business trip Mar 21, 2014
JimNurse
"Definitely Returning"
The staff here is one of the most friendliest and welcoming staff. The hotel itself is rich in history- some reviews say it's a bit "dated", but we didn't mind at all- it was actually a nice change of pace and felt homey. Right across the street from the beach- the balcony rocking chairs were very comfortable and the view is superb. Close to shops and restaurants. We stayed in the Cape May Suite and was perfect for my husband and I and our two girls. Breakfast came with our stay and the Sunday brunch is nice- nothing fancy but lots of choices. It was an off season stay so it was quiet an relaxing. My daughter and I spent time on the 4th floor family room and we played checkers and read books. Great view of the Inn of Cape May from that room.
2 night trip Mar 8, 2014
Vfam
"What a WONDERFUL WEEKEND EXPERIENCE!!!"
I had a wonderful time in a very nice, clean hotel and it was truly a great time, I walked the little shopping area at Washington Square and did a little shopping. I went to the Irish Store which is always a treat and then we had dinner at my favorite spot in the area which is the Lobster House. On Sunday we had breakfast and went back to Washington Square for a little while so that we could have a nice lunch at the Ugly Mug.
Other trip Feb 24, 2014
"Good location but outdated furnishings"
Prime location middle of Promenade, great beach view. Room itself was out of the '70's. Heater was too hot even set on low. Turned off and on overnight to get room ok temp.
2 night romance trip Jan 17, 2014
Phil
just stayed overnight
Other trip Dec 31, 2013
"A good stay"
The hotel is in an excellent location across from the ocean and we had a great view of the ocean from our balcony. The room was very clean and had a nice well stocked kitchenette with dishes, pots, pans, flatware, coffee pot, etc. Bathroom was very clean and had sufficient towels and toiletries. Was hard to get belongings upstairs though because there is no ramp and only one entrance is accessible to the elevator. The restaurant staff service was not that attentive, but could have been short staffed due to the Christmas holiday. Free breakfast was a good perk. Would re-book here again.
2 night trip Dec 24, 2013
ADC
This hotel is a dated building that is in need of some upgrades. Just some unusual things about the suite we stayed in- the ceiling fans were not in the center of the room, which was weird...the paint job in the bathroom did not cover up the old Pink paint that used to be there...the entry door had a horrible paint job on it. The rooms have cheap drop down "office style" ceilings. Having said all of this, I would still probably stay here again, as long as the price was right. We got an average deal, made better by the excellent free breakfast buffet, which had good hot foods, plus they also would make omelet's, French toast and pancakes. The omelet's are awesome. Staff was very nice, location is pretty much the best you can get in Cape May, across the street from the ocean and easy walking distance to the Washington Street mall. Just don't get too excited about arriving to a better than average room, because these are fairly average.
Other trip Dec 16, 2013
Ken
We loved our stay at the Marquis. The room was nice, the veiw was great & the breakfast was delicious ! Perfect !!!!
1 night romance trip Dec 13, 2013