All hotels in Cape May, New Jersey, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here501 Beach Avenue, Cape May, NJ, 08204, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Very well situated, right on the ocean"
Really good hotel; we would certainly return. They can accomodate pets!
1 night trip Oct 24, 2013
"great view, close to lots of places we wanted"
Enjoyed it immensely. Didn't realize a full breakfast was included. I'd like to see that extra available as a set amount of money off any meal at the Pub restaurant.
4 night romance trip Oct 17, 2013
"miserable front desk grump"
The elderly grump at the front desk should be forced to take a course in customer relations, or retire! when we checked in at about 1 pm she informed us our room wasn't ready and she would call us on our cell when it was. We went for lunch and decided to check at the desk about our room since we had wanted to change into warmer clothes and take in the sights. Ms. Miserable informed us check in was at 4 pm . We took it on our own to change in the restrooms . She did not offer any explanation she did not direct us to the restrooms or any other areas we could possibility change our clothes in. 8 minutes after we left she called to say our room was ready. She could have checked on the room before we left, and she could have also told us about the breakfast buffet that was included which I found out about on my own when I went for coffee the next morning when the buffet was almost over. Overall the room was just ok for the price considering the off season rate of 200 per night. Looking at the in season rate of 500 a night and Ms. Miserable at the front desk I don't see how anybody would choose this place anytime during the year!
Other trip Oct 20, 2013
fred
"OK Hotel close to the beach and mall"
The hotel appears somewhat quaint, but is really dated. The furniture is uncomfortable and the front door stuck to the point that it had to be opened or closed by pushing one's shoulder into it like a football player. The alarm clock did not work and although the front desk promised a wake-up call, none was ever made.
Other trip Oct 7, 2013
Ed
"Strange experience"
Its hard to say about this hotel. First, we called early for a crib, was told it would be waiting in our room, but we have to pay 50.00 extra dollars for it. Thats a lot ! I thought, but worth the convenience. (Never stayed in a hotel that charged for a crib before) We arrive to the hotel tired at 10:00pm, and was told that there was no crib. They forgot to "order it from their supplier," and that if we can get it at all it will take an hour (an hour with a sleeping baby requires some on the go thinking...we did it). Front desk very rude about situation, like its somehow our fault, even though they had it right there that we ordered the crib. Crib came and two staff members put it together in a very nice and friendly way. The room itself. Strange....nice fixtures in bath a kitchen. recently redone. Old furniture, nothing to complain about. Dirty floors, they did not vacuum even though there is obviously sand from the beach. What makes it strange was that they had all of these staff on hand, like they are some kind of 5 star hotel, but overall maintenance and condition of the hotel is 2 stars. Why not put some of the money for staff into doing some kind of renovation and structural maintenance. Very close to the beach, wonderful view, GREAT beach.
Other trip Sep 3, 2013
"Nice hotel close to the beach."
Great 3-day weekend with my 3 children (15, 12 and 9 years old). Nice outdoor pool. Comfortable beds. Microwave and fridge are nice touch. Every room has an ocean view. Great location. Restaurants, arcade, mini-golf are all easy 1-4 blocks walking distance. Would absolutely stay here again.
Other trip Aug 30, 2013
"Way overdue for a renovation but great location!"
Hotel is like traveling back in time...kinda! Victorian era decor is very tired with worn carpeting and furniture. That said, they do keep the place clean and the location is amazing providing stunning views of the Atlantic. Would not return because it is just not our style.
2 night family trip Aug 19, 2013
The Carvers
"A little disappointing"
The hotel was ideally located and the staff was very polite. A good buffet breakfast was included in the rate and they even had an omelet station. The hotel had a small exercise room which was nice and never crowded. However, the rooms were a bit dingy with poor lighting and they had a musty smell. I've stayed there twice and found this to be the case twice. On the first visit the climate control was central and wonderful so I overlooked the negatives. On this last visit I had individual a/c units in the bedroom and the living room which caused the temperature to fluctuate too much. I wouldn't stay there again.
2 night trip Aug 17, 2013
Cape May Lover
"Nice Beach front Hotel"
It was fabulous,....clean, on the beach, nice staff, delicious breakfasts, close to Washington Mall. Great pool. What more could you ask for? I would recommend this hotel to anyone and certainly plan to return next year for a longer stay.
Other trip Aug 20, 2013
"Making Memories With My Family"
Loved getting up early and having coffee on the balcony. Exploring the beach early in the morning with my grandson and later having a great breakfast at the hotel with my family. Spent hours on the beach during the day, shopping after supper and relaxing. We enjoyed the the Cape May Zoo, Lighthouse and saw a great sunset. We even found our favorite stores near by. We will be planning another stay at this hotel.
Other trip Jul 4, 2013
Nana
"Oops!"
Our stay at this hotel was very nice but as I said in the first review the cost was expensive. We have stayed at other places in Cape May and they were just as nice but less than half the cost.
Other trip Jun 1, 2013
"A Summer Place"
The hotel was lovely and the staff was very helpful. We went during the spring break in April. I guess they were getting ready for the summer because they were painting and doing construction which made it hard to sleep in the morning. The restaurant and bar were closed which was also disappointing. I guess it's really a summer place
Other trip Apr 4, 2013
"You can do better - Low Quality - High Expense"
Hotel was OK. Mediocre at best. Many things in our room didn't work - ceiling fan, tv remote, alarm clock, etc. I didn't spend much time in the room, as we went to Cape May for the atmosphere. It just showed that the staff, while polite, didn't care about providing good service. Walls were paper thin. You hear everything in that goes on in the rooms beside and above you...EVERYTHING. I will go back to Cape May, but I won't stay here again.
1 night romance trip Mar 16, 2013
"Great hotel!"
Staff friendly & helpful. Great accommodations - very happy overall!!
1 night trip Dec 8, 2012
"Time for a facelift!"
Our room was dark and dreary. Beds were ok but it hasn't been updated in 20 years.
Other trip Sep 18, 2012
"Fabulous Beach Vacation"
The hotel is in an excellent location convenient to just about everything that we wanted to take in, from the beach (view of ocean) to the historic sites to dining. Loved it. This was my first trip to Cape May although many years ago my family and I frequented the Wildwood resorts.
Trip with friends Sep 11, 2012
Great location. Easy to get to everything. Hotel is a little run down. It's hard to get to your room if you are on the upper floors. Breakfast buffet is really good. We stayed in a suite which had a nice kitchenette. Rooms don't have many drawers for storage. Overall it was fine - practical.
Other trip Aug 26, 2012
The first person we encountered at the front desk was very brusk and rude. It doesn't cost any more to be courteous. I asked her if our room was ready at one point after the initial contact - and all she said was "Did you get a phone call?" Would it have been any more difficult to say ,"I'm sorry, we're working on it. We'll get back to you soon."? Also the room was much smaller than we were lead to believe. There were 5 of us and were told the room could accommodate us, it's true we fit - but it was very small. If we choose to go to Cape May again - we won't be staying at the Marquis deLafayette.
Trip with friends Aug 18, 2012
Gail
"Can't go wrong with this one"
Great hotel in an outstanding location. Very close proximity to beach, shipping, etc. No need for a car. Pet-friendly rooms on the first floor, so reserve something on an upper floor if you get annoyed by the occasional dog yapping.
Other trip Aug 9, 2012
"Great hotel possibly the best location in Cape May"
Wonderful experience, courteous and helpful staff, room is very clean and well appointed, if a bit on the small side. If not for the "release" you are asked to sign when checking in, I would give it a rating of 5. The "release states that the guest assumes responsibility for " missing items". I asked what sort of missing items and the desk clerk responded, "things like a lamp or a table" Of course I had to ask how in the world would I know if a lamp was missing, and the response was just a nervous laugh!! OK, I signed the silly thing and so far nothing has been charged to my credit card !!!!
Other trip Aug 6, 2012
We ha great time. The view was wonderful. The best part was sitting on our balcony and watching the ocean. We were close to everything.
Romance trip Aug 2, 2012
Charlene
"Overrated Hotel"
Very disappointed with the hotel accommodations - hotel is too expensive and suite is not what I expected. It looks more like a motel room, than a hotel suite. We travel very often and have stayed in hotels just as expensive. But their accommodations match the price they ask for. This hotel's rate are way too expensive. Will not book this hotel again.
Family trip Jul 10, 2012
Bernadette
"Best Fireworks view ever"
Pleasant.
Other trip Jul 8, 2012
Generally, the stay was a good experience. Just a couple of annoyances. The carbon monoxide detector's battery gave up at 3:45 AM the first night we stayed there. The front desk did send someone up right away with a new battery. Expedia and, I believe a brochure, touted a free breakfast every morning but that did not happen. Instead there was a coupon for $2.00 off per person for their breakfast buffet. And lastly the hotel brochure claimed to have beach chairs avaliable but when we inquired about them we were told to rent chairs from a vendor on the beach.
Other trip Jun 25, 2012
"girls weekend"
Nice hotel, not opulent but clean and comfortable. Great location. Nice pool and cabana bar with friendly wait staff. Bring quarters to feed the meters for extra cars, though.
Trip with friends Jun 25, 2012
Red Face
"balcony with oceanview"
The hotel is in an excellent location within walking distance to the main shopping area. The best part was that all the rooms have a private balcony with sitting chairs and a view of the ocean. There was some receipts and things left in the drawers from the previous occupants, but other than that the room was very clean and in good condition. If we go back to Cape Code, we would definately consider staying there again.
Romance trip Jun 24, 2012
Victoria
"Location is not everything."
I was very disappointed with the Marquis De Lafayette Hotel. If there goal is to make guest feel uncomfortable they are doing a great job. The location of the hotel is great but that is certainly not enough for me to ever stay again. The staff would go out of there way not to help you. I stood at the front desk for 10 minutes waiting for one of the two staff members just to acknowledge my presence. When they finally did it was with an eye roll and they were very nasty. I thought it was me until I went back to the front desk and saw them treating the other guest the same way. I think for the price they charge for the little hole in the wall they call a room the least they could do is treat people with respect. There is much more I could say, but I think you get the picture. If you can find other accommodations I suggest that you do.
Other trip Jun 21, 2012
CJ
"Recommended romantic getaway"
Our stay was fine. The accommodations were clean. The bar even gave us milk for our kids babas cause we forgot. The only complaints are; room was cramped, and a little dark albeit the view of the ocean.
Family trip Jun 20, 2012
Jake
"Beautiful View!"
My wife and I stayed at this motel June 12th through the 15th. It is an older hotel with older antique furnishings. We had a 5th floor balcony room with a beautiful view of the beach each day. We swam in the hotel pool twice. It was very clean and well kept. The motel was very quiet. It was before the end of school so that may have had something to do with it. There were a couple small things that could have been better. The tv remote did not work and the air conditioner in the bedroom was very noisy. It took us a night to get use to it. The one thing to be careful of is the continental breakfast deal. On expedia it says a free continental breakfast, but this not the case. The hotel serves a a hot breakfast buffet in their restaurant for $11 and gave a 2 dollar off coupon. If we had know this we would have brought some breakfast food and or budgeted money for breakfast. The motel was centrally located which is great. We were able to walk to all of the shopping areas, restaurants, and the beach. I would recommend the hotel to others as long as you plan on buying breakfast and don't mind it being a little outdated.
Other trip Jun 17, 2012
"Clean & enjoyable"
All reviews re most central location were correct. Even though it's an old hotel the room was above adequate & even my wife was pleased with the cleanliness, says a lot considering a beach resort hotel. View great, close to all beach, shopping & dining things. We only got in our car to visit the Cape May Lighthouse & Sunset beach about 5 miles away.
Other trip Jun 17, 2012
excellent
Other trip Jun 15, 2012
BIG
"Great view, great service, great hotel"
Staff was very friendly and helpful. All was clean and the beachfront view was spectacular from our balcony.
Other trip Jun 13, 2012
"Never stay in this hotel again!!!!!"
We decided to spend 2 nights in a Cape May, so I used hotel.com wesite to help us choose the right one. Unfortunatelly,Marquis De Lafayette Hotel wasn't the best choice ...... At first, we got some Indian women on the phone with the horrible accent and was hard for as to understand what the h.... is she saying!!!!!, the took her more than 15 min to write dawn ower contact information. She informed as that the hotel room(suit) will be on a 6 floor with the breakfast included in a total price... After we arrived, we found out that our room would be on the 2 floor all the way in the corner( with the balcony with no sun all day long), and the breakfast wasnt included in price even though our confirmation paper shows that!!!!!!! The ladies in the front desk weren't proffesionalll at all, just looked dawn at us and didn't offer any type of help in this situation!!!!! We did not even get our room clenaned( room service was included) and when I went dawnstairs to get atleast 2 clean bath towels and roll of toilet paper then, they said:" it is very unusuall that the room was left without cleaning....", no sorry, nothing!!!!!!!! FORGOT TO ADD..... VERY SMELLY!!!! AND NOONE EVEN ASK HOW WAS OUR STAY!!!!! DISASTER!!!!
Other trip Jun 5, 2012
Sylvia
"Very shorey"
I had a one-night stay here with a friend on 6/2/12. The room was very spacious, bright and airy with a nice balcony. All of the rooms are oceanfront and the view is spectacular. There are plenty of shelves in the bedroom and bathroom to put all of your personal items and that is a plus. We had a refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker. The location is perfect, within easy walkin distance to everything. Since we were there for such a short time, we did not use the pool or restaurants (Cape May is full of wonderful restaurants we wanted to visit). One thing: Hotels.com indicated breakfast was included but it was not. I was aware of the potential problem from other reviews. There are plenty of places for breakfast anyway and you to have the ability to make and have breakfast in your room and look at the beautiful ocean. I will come back here again.
Trip with friends Jun 5, 2012
Really enjoyed the Hotel. It is located right where all the activities are.
Other trip May 30, 2012
SB
"Nice hotel to stay in the center of all activities"
Nice hotel to stay in the center of all activities.
Other trip May 29, 2012
Traveller B
"Not so happy"
It was Ok, I thought the hotel would be cleaner for the price.
Other trip May 15, 2012
scott
"I believe the walls are made of paper"
The woman who checked us in was miserable. The room was fine but, the walls must be paper thin. We got no sleep due to our ridiculously loud neighbors.
Other trip May 11, 2012
Jenn
Located across the street from the beach and ocean with a scenic view from a deck outside our room with 2 rocking chairs where we enjoyed sitting and relaxing. The location is also within walking distance to the cobble stone shopping mall and lots of restaurants. and all the historic and beautiful houses and Inn's for which Cape May is famous for. We enojoyed our stay even though it was a little cool.
Other trip May 3, 2012