All hotels in Miami Beach, Florida, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here100 Collins Ave, Miami Beach, FL, 33139, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Score breakdown (from 1 review)

• 5.0
  • 4.0
  • 3.0
  • 2.0
  • 1.0

Response by The Mercury All-Suites Hotel
The Hotel is under new management and current reviews can be found on Trip Advisor.
4 night romance trip May 1, 2015

TripAdvisor reviews for Mercury All-Suites Condo Hotel

"Dirty, loud, no vacation at all"
05/22/15 SS-Starr New York, New York, United States
I stayed at this property for 9 nights in which I was never informed that there will be construction going on every morning and the water would be shut off during my stay. I booked this assuming I can relax on my vacation. I asked the front desk if there are any other rooms available and they said everything was already booked for the week. To add to how unprofessional Lee Baron is the front desk man brought a potential buyer to view the room without notifying me and came in right when I was about to walk outside. Does that mean people can come into the room I paid for when ever they want. I emailed Lee Baron about all this and his response was "I was unaware" and "I have no control over the conditions" .
"So happy with the gem!"
05/20/15 KMcWill
The Mercury was an amazing place. We went for our honeymoon after years of not having one and we weren't disappointed. Our room (207) was to die for and the hotel staff was amazing, especially the gentleman that checked us in. I didn't catch his name but he was an English bloke with a greying goat-tee. What a pleasure he was ! He walked our bags up and gifted us with champagne. Getting chairs for the beach was NO hassle and you are literally 1 block away from the best seat on the beach. Our room was clean and comfortable and everything looked like the photos. Things were old but its OLD Miami! its charm! Our bed was so comfortable!!! We will only stay here from now on and are planning our next trip back. Thank you to the gentleman at the Mercury and to Donna for your responsiveness and warmth!
"Wonderful Location and cute boutique hotel"
05/18/15 ARthur681 Miami, Florida, USA
This hotel is just in the beast location in South Beach, It is in the middle of the action and just 2 blocks west of the beach. The place is chip with a good vibe. Has a great but expensive seafood restaurant in Lobby and pizza place attached.
03/20/15 Klarissa A New Jersey
I stayed in this hotel from March 12-16 for Spring Break. The location was great and the price is amazing the staff was friendly and helped with many questions. The hotel was fulled with college kids but its expected. There's a diner across the street but its pricey went once and didn't like it. I would stay here again my next trip and I'm recommending all my friends.
"Mercury Miami Beach"
02/20/15 KristenK1979 Chicago, Illinois
Spent January 28 -- February 1 at the Mercury. I'll start with the booking process. Originally I found this hotel on airbnb.com; but then went to booking.com because at airbnb I had to wait for a response. On booking.com you could reserve immediately. We booked a one-bedroom for myself (age 35), my son (age 3) and my parents (age 55 & 62). My husband was to meet us at the end of the week for a cruise we were taking. In the pictures and description on booking.com it appeared to be a king-sized bed, with a sofa bed in the living room, with french doors opening out to the pool. Upon reserving through booking.com, the person at airbnb responded (too late, unfortunately) and told me that many of the units are individually owned and rented through the management company on-site, so there are no guarantees as to what decor/furniture/amenities are actually in each unit. At that point it was too late to cancel through booking.com; we had to go forward with the reservation. Several days later, I received an email from Donna Grabosky from the Mercury asking me what my arrival time was and if I had any questions. I responded a few weeks later (I am an airline employee and travel space-available so I am not able to confirm air travel until last-minute) with my approximate arrival time and several questions. I asked what room exactly we would be getting and what amenities/furniture/kitchen items were in that unit. I never received a response. We checked in to the Mercury on Wednesday, January 28, and was given a room on the third floor. I don't remember what the room number was, but it faced the pool and was the middle unit on that side. 305 I think. Anyways, the room did not open out to the pool as the pictures showed. The room was nice, with an incredibly comfortable king-sized bed in the bedroom. The sofa, however, was not a pull-out as listed on the amenities; it was a futon/couch barely the size of a twin bed. My mom, son, and I slept in the king bed while my poor dad slept on the futon. When my husband arrived the day before our cruise, he ended up taking some pool cushions from the chaise lounges down by the pool and sleeping on them on the floor! It sucked. Aside from the non-pull-out sofa, the room was nice, although a little weirdly laid out. The bedroom has a big master bathroom with an open soaker tub and shower, but there is no door between the bathroom and the bedroom. There is a pocket door between the main bathroom and toilet, and then another pocket door between the toilet and an additional sink/mirror/vanity area, and then another pocket door between that area and the kitchen. The two vanity area was a nice feature of the room, as it was easy for more than one person to get ready at the same time. One thing the room was lacking was hooks/hangers/clotheslines. For a hotel situated so close to the beach, there was NO place to hang wet bathing suits and towels. The main bathroom had ONE towel hook and that was it. To install one of those retractable clotheslines found in hotels or add a few wall hooks would be an invaluable addition to this room. **Oh, I almost forgot, there were ANTS ALL OVER the shower. Now, my parents lived in Florida for five years and I know bugs down here are kind of impossible to get rid of, but it was still gross. The pool area is heated and very nice, although because the pool is situated in the courtyard, there is very little sun. For me, traveling with a small child, the lack of sun and the heated pool was a pro for us, but I could see how that would be a con for most. It was too chilly and too rough to go in the ocean, so we spent a lot of time at the pool. **The pizza place adjacent to the pool was SO good, and reasonably priced. The front desk staff leaves at 7 p.m. every day, which didn't seem important to me until the drunks started coming in around 4 a.m. and literally screamed and banged on the door of the unit next to us for what seemed like hours. Really -- it was hours. And there was no one to call because there was no desk staff at night. I usually stay in full-service hotels and this was an amenity that I didn't really think much of until I needed it, and the Mercury doesn't have it. The location is great, two blocks from the beach (and there's a Starbucks right there -- bonus!) and playground and about 5 blocks to Miami Beach proper. Other reviewers have said it's quieter where the Mercury is -- I didn't experience that -- but being in Miami which is pretty much a club/party scene, I expected the late-night noise. Aside from whoever was banging on the door and screaming that one night, there is street noise but it's not unbearable. So to sum it up, The Mercury is a condo-hotel of individually-owned units -- the units are not exactly the same. The pictures on the websites you will see are of several different units unless you clarify that those are pictures of the actual until you are renting -- otherwise it is not guaranteed. Response from the hotel staff is nonexistent, even when they reach out to you. Hotel staff is not on premises overnight -- you're on your own with unruly guests. Location is fantastic and very walkable. Beach is two blocks away. I feel like I wrote a largely negative review but just for the record, I would stay here again, the price was very reasonable for a 1-bedroom apartment.
"ARE WE IN THE RIGHT PLACE ?!"
02/13/15 Food_Wine_Lover1 Vancouver, Canada
On January 2 booked a trip to South Beach for 10 days, through a website booked this DISAPPOINTING place to stay!! After what we saw on the website the reality was way to far from the pictures. From smelly corridors, to damaged floors, broken doors, peeling wallpapers, leaking bathtubs, moldy washroom ceiling,very old cooking utensils,tv hanging sideways.... After contacting management and refering this points the feedback was very poor close to non. Being close to the beach and lots of alcohol what made us stir out minds away from it. NOT RECOMMENDED AT ALL !!! Happy travels everyone.
"Lovely place"
01/31/15 SamSangster7 Barcelona, Spain
The hotel is currently under renovations, mainly the lobby area, but the feel of the place was perfect for me. A great location, a few blocks from the beach and surrounded with restaurants. There is a club nearby, but if you are in Miami for the nightlife this should not be a problem. Any issue is dealt with quickly and the staff and residents are very helpful and welcoming. The pool is small but very nice. I will definitely be back!
"A review mainly of penthouse PH4"
01/21/15 dadhy Seattle, WA
I considered a number of flats in South Beach and decided on the penthouse PH4 because it was near the beach and the Deco area but sufficiently removed to be quieter, was a Deco building and had a pool, This review is primarily of PH4 but I’ll start with the public areas. The hotel is under renovation and there is feverish building in all directions. The street is fairly busy with construction vehicles, taxis, private cars and the large, expensive Prime Fish restaurant that occupies much of the ground floor busy, noisy and generates not always pleasant aromas. The lobby and hallways are basic. The desk staff was very helpful, congenial and informative. The infrequently used pool is heated with a small in ground hot tub adjacent. The elevator is adequate but no floor indicators so you must wait until the door opens before you know where you are. Central air conditioning, the fans very noisy – 80 dB measured three floors up. I suspect the rooms on the two floors near the restaurant would be noisy and odoriferous, near the air conditioning unbearable if noise sensitive, and near the elevator and the loud closing doors on either side of the outdoor connecting bridge between the two halves disruptive. There are some 30 rentals, the remainder permanent residents. Some are managed by agents, others by owners. We found PH4 through VRBO.com. The agent was adequate but supplied misinformation and not very familiar with the apartment. The website description was confusing and lacked essentials such as the size, layout and what was provided. We were ready to cancel after reading this idiotic caution which set the weird tone: We do not replenish any supplies including toilet paper or towels. There are coin operated laundry facilities in the building available. If you would like like additional towels or toilet paper we do offer towel or cleaning service for a small fee. Alerting guest to the toilet paper policy? What else is rationed? The agent upon questioning revealed four rolls were provided but didn’t describe their length nor quality. The desk man agreed it was beyond silly and showed me the free rolls he kept on hand if required. The apartment itself was fine, although the elevator only goes to the third floor, there is a long walk to reach it and about a 15 step interior stair case. There is a kitchen dining area, a bedroom, two sinks, one toilet, a large jetted tub with no electrical connection. Plenty of room for two. An extensive concrete deck on two sides with more than enough furniture. Excellent for al fresco carry out, lounging, drying laundry - no rack, I brought a line and clothes pins. The windows and sliding doors are double glazed blocking most of the external noise. The bed was wide and comfortable, the kitchen supplied with basic utensils, a bottle of detergent, a used sponge, no dish towel, only salt and pepper. The frig was tiny, the freezing compartment failed to keep ice cream solid and had a dollhouse size ice tray. The air conditioning was prompt, comfortable but until turned to Auto from Fan, very noisy. Took a long wasteful time for hot water, probably the boiler was 4 floors below. It was serviceably clean but debris behind furniture and the deck not swept. Don’t look too closely. Two closets with hangers making adequate storage. Eight large fluffy towels, four fluffy large wash clothes, bath mat, 6 small bottles of body wash, shampoo and conditioner the type two small to read in the shower without eyeglasses. Efficient Todo toilet, clumsy shower control. Curiously, no bar soap. The advertisement made a point of not providing beach towels, umbrellas nor cooler. The easygoing desk rented large towels for a buck a day and when it was the afternoon making it 24 hours, $2 for an umbrella. At $250 a night I thought the cost reasonable and the up charge for the increased room, large deck, and quiet well worth it. More minuses: This nice apartment needs TLC, it appears neglected as if an absentee owner. On arrival a large mattress leaned against a wall, a large picture against another. Pictures were askew, the sheer curtains sagging with no wand to open. The living room slider would not lock and the bedroom, not open. Floor molding was absent leaving gaps. No directions for appliances or the two old cathode ray TVs. Many light switches didn’t work, bulbs were burned out. Hair dryer feeble. No bed side tables; I moved over the kitchen chairs. Shower with small glass panel – no doors nor curtain. No grab bar. Upon complaint the mattress and picture were promptly removed, and one bulb replaced but the other repairs ignored.
"Just the necessary"
12/19/14 Nico M
Excelent Hotel, great location, two blocks away from the beach and close to walgreens, they can let you in what ever you may need for breakfast or for lunch, close to ocean drive maybe 3 blocks away it is a good location hotel
"Miami in Nov/Dec "
12/14/14 hottie511 Baltimore, MD
First off, this was my 1st time ever going away in the dead winter. Arrived via taxi to the hotel. Has great curb appeal. Upscale restaurant attached to hotel, along with pizzeria that had access beside the pool (which the guys tried & said was great). Lobby was updated & nice enough. Check in was laid back & the owner let us in our room a couple hours early. Now to the important part.....if you are looking for a hotel, don't go here. If you are looking for a fully stocked apt, don't go here. If you are the type to need a Concierge, don't go here. This is strictly for folks like us who stay somewhere for the LOCATION only. For that, it was perfect. Apt.202 (302 is the one I wanted but was already booked) 2 bedroom apt with 1 bath & balcony was small yet efficient. Good thing I was traveling with close friends so it was no big deal that the master bedroom had no door to the main vanity sink & shower/deep soaker. We switched off & whoever needed the shower took the entire space. Once again no big deal for us. The toilet was next door to the shower room, separated by a pocket door with another vanity sink on the other side of it, also separated by another pocket door. Weird layout but worked out great for us. The gals took this one over so we could get ready quickly. The master BR had a king bed, very nice.....with balcony access....only the door to it didn't open & needed to be repaired. Living room had ikea couch (big enough for 1, not 2). Good thing one of the guys brought a sleeping bag with him. Galley-style kitchen was the most updated part of the apt. All the appliances (like stove, mini fridge for our alcohol & leftovers & microwave, no dishwasher) & dishes, etc. that you need. Very sufficient. Balcony was nice & quaint with matching table & 4 deck chairs....awesome for chilling with a drink or drying our beach gear. 2nd BR....queen bed, curtains, no door.....once again, do all your changing in the sink room or whatever. Dated TV's in living room & master. Bring your own washcloths, loofah, whatever. They had plenty of towels & gave us extra. Remember, it's not a hotel. Concierge is only there till 6pm. They leave & come back to shut down the pool at 9pm. It's apt-style living. Only issue we had was the light in the 2nd BR blew out but we told front desk & they handled it by the time we got back from the beach. Pool was heated & awesome. It definitely got used everyday because the beach was too cold. Jacuzzi was not hot so we didn't really use it. Okay so now the whole reason we chose the place.....location, location, location. 1st off, it was literally right across the street from Big Pink (awesome food....check them out on TripAdvisor). Also Story was right next door so don't stay here if you go to bed early.....you are in SOBE so you shouldn't be flying in looking for a quiet place anywhere south.....go inland to get a quiet place. Now the best part....we were literally, like actually 2 streets over from the beach.....I mean like 3 blocks from the beach.....like we crossed Collins, crossed Ocean drive & walked past the Hilton on the beach & put foot to sand. Only ppl who stay somewhere they can walk to everything can appreciate this location. We flew to MIA a few days before our cruise to hit the beach, the strip & eat so this checked all the boxes. We were determined not to rent a car so we took bikes everywhere when we didn't feel like walking. MIA has a bike system called CityBikes & there's tons of bike racks everywhere. There was one holding 10-12 bikes right across from the hotel. About $6/hour. Bike where you want to go & there's a bike rack somewhere near your destination. Awesomeness. Hands down this hotel was the best stay for your money....I caught a deal on booking.com for $700 for 5 days :-) so we couldn't even complain.