All hotels in London, England, United Kingdom
3 Westbourne TerraceLancaster Gate, Hyde Park, LondonEnglandW2 3ULUnited Kingdom, ‏‎800-491-6126

Clean
    Room is all right
    Breakfast is average
"A pleasent experience"
A nice and small english style hotel excellent for a quiet evening and night. The lounge/library and restaurant in the ground floor was pleasant for relaxing and eating after a busy working day. Good location close to Paddington Station and not far from Hyde Park. It is not a place for those wanting a lot of nightlife just outside the door or fancy high class hotels, but very good if you want a nice quite location for relaxation after a busy day and with easy access to transport to Heathrow or by underground to wherever you need to go.
2 night business trip Mar 21, 2016
Tor
"Too loud to sleep"
The room was VERY noisy. We could hear people walking above us as well as in the hall way. It was difficult to sleep, as it went on all throughout the night. However, the hotel was very charming and cute. The staff was wonderful. We wouldn't stay there again, though, because we couldn't sleep, but, it's too bad because the hotel has a lot of potential.
1 night romance trip Mar 14, 2016
"Great location in central London"
The biggest plus about this hotel is that its close to Paddington station. The Heathrow express connects to the airport in just 15 minutes. Super convenient. The service providers at this hotel are very courteous and helpful. Room size is very small and the shower is not great.
1 night trip Feb 21, 2016
Arjun
"Refreshing, great location, European, loved it!"
It was a little difficult to find because the sign is so small, but it was delightful, quaint, refreshingly European. Location was so close to Paddington Station, about a 7 minute walk with luggage. It was also within walking distance of the metro. We loved it and would definitely recommend this hotel.
1 night romance trip Sep 24, 2015
DeAnn
Stayed 2 nights. In great location. It is a little hard to find because there is small numbers and name of hotel at location.
1 night romance trip Oct 18, 2015
Randy
"No reservation"
When I appeared at the hotel, they told me they were completely booked and that Expedia should not have booked me. They said I had a room at the Lancaster down the street. I ended up in a high rise noisy hotel instead of the boutique hotel I booked through Expedia.. Never again...
Other trip Oct 5, 2015
Ron
"Loved our stay at the Royal Park Hotel!"
We loved our stay at the Royal Park Hotel! The front desk personnel were very friendly, welcoming and helpful. Special thanks to Ronnie, the bellman, who helped us get settled and gave us great info about the area. The hotel is beautiful, the room was lovely, bathroom very nice, and lobby comfortable. They even had umbrellas ready for guests to use. The location is good, walking distance to the hop on hop off busses and underground, with several small restaurants and stores nearby. We will be happy to stay here again.
3 night romance trip Aug 31, 2015
Lori
"I Was Trapped in the Hotel Elevator"
Late in the evening, I and my party of 5 were trapped in the hotel elevator. The elevator stopped between floors. We rang the alarm. The hapless night staff did not know what to do. Finally we escaped via an emergency door mechanism we discovered ourselves. After the event, the night staff said we overloaded the elevator. The sign on the elevator says max capacity 8 people. We were only 6 average size people. Early the next morning we had to drag our luggage down the stairs - no help from the morning person. There was no expression of concern by management.
Other trip Sep 9, 2015
"You Can Do Better"
Hotel was overrated. Room was decent by European standards but the room temperature was hard to regulate. On the last night two people were talking in lobby until 1AM and the sound carried through the heating vents and it seemed like they were actually standing outside our room. The night clerk did nothing about it and I had to get the manager involved to solve the problem. While London hotels are expensive this hotel was not worth the money. We checked into other hotels in the area that were half the cost of this one with comparable rooms and amenities and some with free breakfasts.
1 night romance trip Aug 25, 2015
"Very convenient location"
Nothing but good things to say about The Royal Park Hotel. The location is excellent: close to transportation - Lancaster Gate tube stop and Paddington Station, but in a very quiet neighborhood. Our room was on the third floor facing the street, but we slept quite well with windows open every night. There are a number of restaurants nearby, ranging from quick breakfast stops to casual options for dinner, and there's even a small convenience store around the corner for a snack or basic necessities. The RPH staff could not have been nicer or more helpful. We had a car for the week, but didn't use the hotel's available spaces. Instead, we found a more affordable alternative space right across the street through an online parking site. We wouldn't hesitate for a second to return to The Royal Park Hotel the next time we travel to London.
Other trip Aug 26, 2015
Pat
"Great Experience with a tough bed!"
Wonderful. The feedback is the bed is a bit tough to sleep on for more than one night in a row.
3 night romance trip Aug 18, 2015
Shaheed
"Epicenter of Chic and Accessibility"
I LOVED it!! It's 4 minutes away from Paddington Station, Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens and right in the middle of everything!
2 night trip Jul 24, 2015
Tamara
"Disappointing"
Disappointing. Room really small, gave us room with view of someones roof top. Paid for more than that. Had to climb stairs to get to room. Instead of having room ready, the first thing they tried was to upcharge me for another room. Declined and so they said my room wouldn't be ready for a couple of hours. Plumbing poor condition. Not worth the price. Bed OK.
3 night family trip Jul 18, 2015
Mel
"No functioning A/C in the room"
A very disappointing stay since they couldnt get the a/c to work. It was around 30C in the room and impossible to sleeo. I like to think that a hotel of this standard should have some backup, for example portable a/c units when system goes down.
Other trip Jul 19, 2015
"wonderful London holiday"
Absolutely wonderful!!! Can't wait to stay again! Super friendly staff very accommodating!
7 night family trip Jul 7, 2015
Tracy
a little cramped
1 night romance trip Jul 8, 2015
Gerald
"Very well located luxury hotel"
The hotel is in a fabulous location close to paddington station and Kensington park. It is quiet and comfortable. The air conditioning and the bed were superb. Food was good and staff was very helpful. The only reason I did not give the staff 5 stars is because they made some mistakes (which were somewhat significant). But I would highly recommend this hotel.
Other trip Jul 7, 2015
ljq
"Close to Paddington Station"
We selected this hotel because of proximity to Paddington Station and ease of access using Heathrow Express train and because they had queen sized beds. Several restaurants are conveniently located on Praed Street and it is within walking distance of Kensington Gardens/Hyde Park, a nice area for walking or running. Fresh cookies awaited us in our room each day and weather forecast for the day was posted each morning by the elevator. Air conditioning was spotty in our room. The last few days it was much too warm. We were told on checkout that they could have done something in the office to have corrected that. Overall, we would definitely stay here again.
Other trip Jun 23, 2015
Ann
"Nice small boutique hotel in very good location."
We Booked an executive suite to get a king sized bed. Room nicely decorated but layout a little odd, probably because this is a converted townhouse. Staff VERY accommodating.
Other trip Jun 5, 2015
Barb
"Elegant, convenient property on quiet street"
I reserved a six-night stay at The Royal Park Hotel without having been there before, and so of course I was a bit nervous about the location and quality of the property. On arrival, all my concerns disappeared, and throughout our stay I was continuously impressed by the understated elegance of our room and the common areas of the hotel. Our room was good-sized, for a European hotel, and all of the facilities worked well. Bed was comfortable, entire premises were clean. In addition, the staff was friendly, helpful, and efficient. The Royal Park Hotel is within walking distance of Paddington station, so there are numerous shops and restaurants nearby. It is also a short 2-block walk from Hyde Park, the underground and both public and sightseeing busses. Still, it is tucked into a quiet residential area that is peaceful and quiet. We will definitely consider it for future visits to London.
Other trip May 29, 2015
"Convenient to Paddington Station, quiet street"
Room was quiet, clean, and comfortable. Location is great for not taking a taxi - it is close enough you can roll a suitcase from Paddington Station (Heathrow Express), yet far enough from the station to be on a quiet street. It is also a block or so away from Hyde Park. Only negative was relatively late check in time (a lot of London hotels do this - keeps guests waiting in the lobby for the rooms to be ready).
Other trip May 29, 2015
Great experience from start to finish. Very comfy hotel. Professional staff. Highly recommend it!
Other trip May 26, 2015
"Return to an old favorite"
We had stayed here before. It is an easy five minute walk to Paddington Station and Heathrow Express in one direction and even less to Bayswater, the park, and the Underground. The hotel itself is a converted townhouse in a very quiet neighborhood. The rooms are small, as usual in London, but the service is friendly and personal. The breakfast seems overpriced to us, and there are lots of alternatives quite close; the tea, which is a recent addition, also seems a little high (try the National Portrait Gallery, rooftop views of London and they throw in admission to the museum). It's hard to beat the location for those of us coming and going through Heathrow.
4 night business trip May 14, 2015
Roy
"Lovely, Classic London hotel close to Paddington"
Lovely hotel within easy walking distance of Paddington and Heathrow Express. Friendly, helpful staff and good breakfast with great coffee.
Other trip May 15, 2015
Kate
"Satisfied"
We have lived in and visited London many times. The location is excellent an easy walk from Paddington and Heathrow Express. The room was adequate size, shower excellent, but bed was a little soft, for anyone with back issues. Only one lift a minor inconvenience. Staff friendly and helpful. WiFi good. Good restaurants within easy walk and very short walk to Lancaster Gate station on Central Line. Overall a positive experience. Did not use food services so no rating for that
8 night romance trip May 1, 2015
Joel
Very convenient location near Paddington Station. Friendly and professional staff. Clean and comfortable room.
Other trip May 4, 2015
"Great place!"
Loved it! Great room with a nice terrace/balcony view. Great service, loved the free cookies!
3 night business trip Apr 29, 2015
Jodi
"Excellent Location, Great Staff"
About four minutes' walk from Paddington, so perfect if you take Heathrow Express. Four minutes from Hyde Park, from other Underground stations. Comfortable room, best shower in the history of the world. Staff is excellent and very helpful. Second stay at this hotel. Will stay again.
Other trip May 1, 2015
PLC
"Amazing place by Paddington station"
The hotel is rapt clean and the staff is nice. Close by several restaurants, bars and pubs.
Other trip Apr 8, 2015
Giuseppe
Excellent, luxurious hotel in a beautiful quiet neighborhood. Close to Paddington Station and Lancaster Gate tube station. We were able to walk to Hyde Park and beyond quite easily.
Other trip Apr 5, 2015
I have stayed at 4 or 5 hotels around Paddington. This has been the best. The rooms are kind of small but everything else about the hotel is great. Signed a fussy business traveler.
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
"Great Experience at the Royal Park Hotel"
This quaint boutique hotel provides a lovely "London" experience in a quiet neighborhood with great restaurants and pubs within walking distance. A positive feature is how close it is to the Paddington Station for getting in and out of London on the Heathrow Express. However, the best feature and asset of the hotel is it's staff. We had several occasions to ask for directions, recommendations and advice and they were very very accommodating and helpful. All of the staff went out of their way to make us feel welcomed. In particular, I mentioned to them that I lost my cell phone at a restaurant the night before and they were determined to call the restaurant the next day to see if it was located. And it was!!! I really didn't expect to see it again. Our next trip to London will include a stay at the Royal Park Hotel.
Other trip Mar 24, 2015
B
"Tiny room, great hotel and location"
The location is amazing, hotel is very nice, the only drawback are small rooms, but I hear it's normal. I'm also side of we got a more expensive room it would've been bigger. But bathroom was rather big, and the bathtub huge. Overall, very nice experience, and I would recommend it.
Other trip Mar 19, 2015
dK
"Great hotel experience in London"
This was our first time staying at The Royal Park Hotel. My husband and I were traveling for business and decided to stay over the weekend to enjoy London. The Royal Park Hotel made our stay very special. We definitely look forward to a return stay when we visit again.
Other trip Mar 17, 2015
Cindy
""Proper" British Boutique Hotel"
As you step inside, you notice the olde style touches; the giant doorknob on the crisp and shiny black fron door, the warm greeting from the tophatted doorman, the classic Victoran decor, sitting parlor, etc. They even have a Bentley for hire. I've used this hotel a few times now for business, and the staff are always friendly and wish you a good day with a genuine smile. The facilities are great. I get the 4 post king bed room, and the room is generous in size, a couple tvs, well stocked mini-bar, a couple bottles of free spring water each day and there's even a few fresh cookies left in a cookie jar in the room each day. There is turndown service, and the shades are drawn each night, when I come back from a long day. The room is always very clean. I wish they had an ironing board/iron, but that's my only gripe, though I have never asked to see if they have one to bring up. In the evening, I hear that they have champagne and cookies for guests, but working late, I've never made it back by 7pm, when it ends. They do have an honor bar in the sitting room, with pretty high-end offerings. Just write your room number and what you had. Service for that would be nice, but really, it's uneccessary. I feel like I'm in my posh auntie's drawing room, by the fire in a winged chair, sipping a decent 15 year Scotch, after a long day at the office. Go here, you'll like it. I'd recommend a mid-tier upgrade, since it is the only room category I've tried here, and it's nice.
Other trip Mar 14, 2015
"Sweet Place, Good Value, Great Location"
I host an annual meeting in London and have tried 5-6 different hotels near Paddington. This was by far the best among them (though not the most expensive). It's a sweet place. Some of the rooms are small, but they're clean and well decorated. In fact the whole place is well decorated -- by the host of an antiques show on television. There's also a great whiskey bar in the lounge (which is -- amazingly -- an "honesty" bar). The one down side is that the rooms don't have water kettles or coffee makers. Other than that, it was great. Will stop making my way from place to place and (assuming the price stays competitive), will come back to this hotel again . . . with pleasure.
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
"Did not meet expectations."
This hotel is a convenient walk to Paddington Station and severals streets nearby have a selection of dining options. The hotel itself did not meet expectations. We were without hot water our first morning there. We mentioned this to the front desk and they said sorry and there was no follow up later in the day or any mention of it. The They always seemed to act like we were kind of a bother - from the moment we checked in with our prepaid reservation. We got the sense we were not their usual clientele - they offer Bentley service to the station. Anyway - the room was small compared to the other hotels we have stayed at in London but was higher priced. At checkout they asked if we enjoyed our stay and again we mentioned no because of no hot water on day one and they just smiled and said sorry again - nothing else. We will not stay here again as we simply did not feel welcome.
2 night romance trip Jan 26, 2015
sean
"Close to Paddington Station"
This is a very nice hotel, within walking distance to Paddington station, which makes it ideal if you have a flight early the following morning. The neighbourhood feels good and safe. The staff at the hotel is excellent. The rooms are small (which is normal in all of Europe), and the sound attenuation is minimal/non-existent; I am partly deaf, and got woken up at 3:30 AM by someone snoring loudly, this continued until 6 AM, by which time I had to get up anyway. I brought this up with the staff at checkout and they were very apologetic, I even received an email from the hotel manager the next day offering me a special discount/upgrade for next time. Although I don't blame the staff or hotel for having a snoring guest, I would expect a 4* hotel to have better soundproofing. The bed was not particularly comfortable.
1 night business trip Jan 13, 2015
Wilson
A lovely hotel walking distance from Paddington Station which is the destination of the Heathrow Express. Friendly and efficient staff. A warm home feeling.
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
"Excellent Hotel/Friendly Staff"
In town for one night due to a layover. Staff was very friendly and helpful
1 night family trip Nov 29, 2014
Rebecca
"Great Hotel-Great Location"
Great place to stay, close to Hyde Park, Paddington Station and friendly staff with great cookies in the room!
1 night trip Nov 26, 2014
"It is worth every penny..."
Wonderful stay, wonderful staff. Excellent accommodations, beds, linen, pillows, bathroom amenities top choices. Would come back anytime. My friend's birthday was special and the hotel made sure she enjoyed her stay in a lovely suite. Right around the corner from Paddington Station. It was a great experience indeed!!
Mati
"Great location but a little small."
The hotel was in a beautiful area a short walk from Hyde Park and close to the tube. We weren't in the hotel very much which was good because the room was very small. I understand this is common in the UK, but we could barely open the ironing board. My chief complaint is that the carpet, chairs and some linens (I.e. Bed skirt) were not very clean and seemed worn out and dated. This is usually a deal breaker for me, but again we weren't there very much. The bathrooms did look like they were remodeled and were actually very nice. We didn't use the restaurant downstairs or any other hotel facilities. The staff was friendly, so all in all I say it was a success.
Adam
"Location and Charm"
Booked this hotel for my sister, my 86 yr old Dad and myself. We had been traveling in India and wanted to break up the long flight home back to LA. The hotel was terrific! It is only apx 3 blocks from Paddington Station, where there is a direct train from the airport, the Heathrow Express, which takes just 15 minutes and travels every 20 min. Very easy walk from Paddington to hotel. The hotel is just about 2 to 3 blocks from Hyde Park. The rooms are sweet and the breakfast room and adjacent sitting room have nice fireplaces, tastefully antiques and pleasant art throughout. I would stay again.
Other trip Nov 17, 2014
"Pay for the Location"
Great location within walking distance to Paddington station, but for the money I spent, I think I could have found a suitable alternative with better amenities and staff. It took us about twenty minutes just to enter the building because someone was surfing the Internet and had forgotten to unlock the front door (not sure why you lock a door at 1pm to a four star hotel). The room is cramped and stuffy with a questionable elevator. Decor was good with comfortable linens. It was a good boutique experience (maybe for one night stay), but that was about it.
Other trip Nov 4, 2014
"Nice hotel- very close to Paddington Station."
This was a nice if expensive hotel near Paddington and Hyde Park/Kensington Gardens. Our room was small but clean and cosy--the bed was comfortable. The bathroom is lovely. During our stay--over a week-- the lift was out which is very unfortunate if you are downstairs as we were. We would have loved an easy, inexpensive cup of coffee in the morning but this is very difficult. Breakfast is overpriced and they offer expensive coffee to go--you have to pick it up at the front desk. Staff is friendly and helpful. We had two free waters each day and cookies left in the room. All in all, when we go again we will probably try another place. For the money, we would have liked a couple of different special touches. Still, the location can't be beat.
Other trip Nov 4, 2014
Lynne
"Nice hotel close to underground"
We stayed at the hotel for four days. The staff are very good and helped us with reservations for tours. The lobby area and dining area are very well decorated but the room was slightly shabby.
Other trip Oct 29, 2014
Pat
"Great Hotel in excellent location"
We enjoyed our stay tremendously. The staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful. Our room was a garden room and was very clean and cozy. My husband and I will definitely stay here again on our next visit. This is a beautiful, very British hotel. Love, love.
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
"Royal treatment at the Royal"
My wife and I spent 3 nights at the Royal Park, choosing the Royal on the advice of a friend. We found the hotel to be welcoming, comfortable, and classy. We booked a King Suite, and we very pleased with the size and comfort of the room. Like many hotels in London this is a converted townhome that has received a first class renovation. The library/bar and the dining room are in the style of an English country home, large comfortable chairs and couches. The front desk staff could have not been more welcoming and accommodating. Nice young people from a variety of European countries. We will stay at the Royal Park on our next trip to London.
Other trip Oct 9, 2014
It was a nice stay. The location was safe and really close to the Underground station. Staff was extremely helpful and friendly.
Other trip Oct 8, 2014