All hotels in London, England, United Kingdom
3 Westbourne Terrace, Lancaster Gate, Hyde Park, London, England, W2 3UL, United Kingdom, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Return to an old favorite"
We had stayed here before. It is an easy five minute walk to Paddington Station and Heathrow Express in one direction and even less to Bayswater, the park, and the Underground. The hotel itself is a converted townhouse in a very quiet neighborhood. The rooms are small, as usual in London, but the service is friendly and personal. The breakfast seems overpriced to us, and there are lots of alternatives quite close; the tea, which is a recent addition, also seems a little high (try the National Portrait Gallery, rooftop views of London and they throw in admission to the museum). It's hard to beat the location for those of us coming and going through Heathrow.
4 night business trip May 14, 2015
Roy
"Satisfied"
We have lived in and visited London many times. The location is excellent an easy walk from Paddington and Heathrow Express. The room was adequate size, shower excellent, but bed was a little soft, for anyone with back issues. Only one lift a minor inconvenience. Staff friendly and helpful. WiFi good. Good restaurants within easy walk and very short walk to Lancaster Gate station on Central Line. Overall a positive experience. Did not use food services so no rating for that
8 night romance trip May 1, 2015
Joel
"Great place!"
Loved it! Great room with a nice terrace/balcony view. Great service, loved the free cookies!
3 night business trip Apr 29, 2015
Jodi
I have stayed at 4 or 5 hotels around Paddington. This has been the best. The rooms are kind of small but everything else about the hotel is great. Signed a fussy business traveler.
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
"Great Experience at the Royal Park Hotel"
This quaint boutique hotel provides a lovely "London" experience in a quiet neighborhood with great restaurants and pubs within walking distance. A positive feature is how close it is to the Paddington Station for getting in and out of London on the Heathrow Express. However, the best feature and asset of the hotel is it's staff. We had several occasions to ask for directions, recommendations and advice and they were very very accommodating and helpful. All of the staff went out of their way to make us feel welcomed. In particular, I mentioned to them that I lost my cell phone at a restaurant the night before and they were determined to call the restaurant the next day to see if it was located. And it was!!! I really didn't expect to see it again. Our next trip to London will include a stay at the Royal Park Hotel.
Other trip Mar 24, 2015
B
"Tiny room, great hotel and location"
The location is amazing, hotel is very nice, the only drawback are small rooms, but I hear it's normal. I'm also side of we got a more expensive room it would've been bigger. But bathroom was rather big, and the bathtub huge. Overall, very nice experience, and I would recommend it.
Other trip Mar 19, 2015
dK
"Great hotel experience in London"
This was our first time staying at The Royal Park Hotel. My husband and I were traveling for business and decided to stay over the weekend to enjoy London. The Royal Park Hotel made our stay very special. We definitely look forward to a return stay when we visit again.
Other trip Mar 17, 2015
Cindy
""Proper" British Boutique Hotel"
As you step inside, you notice the olde style touches; the giant doorknob on the crisp and shiny black fron door, the warm greeting from the tophatted doorman, the classic Victoran decor, sitting parlor, etc. They even have a Bentley for hire. I've used this hotel a few times now for business, and the staff are always friendly and wish you a good day with a genuine smile. The facilities are great. I get the 4 post king bed room, and the room is generous in size, a couple tvs, well stocked mini-bar, a couple bottles of free spring water each day and there's even a few fresh cookies left in a cookie jar in the room each day. There is turndown service, and the shades are drawn each night, when I come back from a long day. The room is always very clean. I wish they had an ironing board/iron, but that's my only gripe, though I have never asked to see if they have one to bring up. In the evening, I hear that they have champagne and cookies for guests, but working late, I've never made it back by 7pm, when it ends. They do have an honor bar in the sitting room, with pretty high-end offerings. Just write your room number and what you had. Service for that would be nice, but really, it's uneccessary. I feel like I'm in my posh auntie's drawing room, by the fire in a winged chair, sipping a decent 15 year Scotch, after a long day at the office. Go here, you'll like it. I'd recommend a mid-tier upgrade, since it is the only room category I've tried here, and it's nice.
Other trip Mar 14, 2015
"Sweet Place, Good Value, Great Location"
I host an annual meeting in London and have tried 5-6 different hotels near Paddington. This was by far the best among them (though not the most expensive). It's a sweet place. Some of the rooms are small, but they're clean and well decorated. In fact the whole place is well decorated -- by the host of an antiques show on television. There's also a great whiskey bar in the lounge (which is -- amazingly -- an "honesty" bar). The one down side is that the rooms don't have water kettles or coffee makers. Other than that, it was great. Will stop making my way from place to place and (assuming the price stays competitive), will come back to this hotel again . . . with pleasure.
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
"Did not meet expectations."
This hotel is a convenient walk to Paddington Station and severals streets nearby have a selection of dining options. The hotel itself did not meet expectations. We were without hot water our first morning there. We mentioned this to the front desk and they said sorry and there was no follow up later in the day or any mention of it. The They always seemed to act like we were kind of a bother - from the moment we checked in with our prepaid reservation. We got the sense we were not their usual clientele - they offer Bentley service to the station. Anyway - the room was small compared to the other hotels we have stayed at in London but was higher priced. At checkout they asked if we enjoyed our stay and again we mentioned no because of no hot water on day one and they just smiled and said sorry again - nothing else. We will not stay here again as we simply did not feel welcome.
2 night romance trip Jan 26, 2015
sean
"Close to Paddington Station"
This is a very nice hotel, within walking distance to Paddington station, which makes it ideal if you have a flight early the following morning. The neighbourhood feels good and safe. The staff at the hotel is excellent. The rooms are small (which is normal in all of Europe), and the sound attenuation is minimal/non-existent; I am partly deaf, and got woken up at 3:30 AM by someone snoring loudly, this continued until 6 AM, by which time I had to get up anyway. I brought this up with the staff at checkout and they were very apologetic, I even received an email from the hotel manager the next day offering me a special discount/upgrade for next time. Although I don't blame the staff or hotel for having a snoring guest, I would expect a 4* hotel to have better soundproofing. The bed was not particularly comfortable.
1 night business trip Jan 13, 2015
Wilson
A lovely hotel walking distance from Paddington Station which is the destination of the Heathrow Express. Friendly and efficient staff. A warm home feeling.
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
"Excellent Hotel/Friendly Staff"
In town for one night due to a layover. Staff was very friendly and helpful
1 night family trip Nov 29, 2014
Rebecca
"Great Hotel-Great Location"
Great place to stay, close to Hyde Park, Paddington Station and friendly staff with great cookies in the room!
1 night trip Nov 26, 2014
"It is worth every penny..."
Wonderful stay, wonderful staff. Excellent accommodations, beds, linen, pillows, bathroom amenities top choices. Would come back anytime. My friend's birthday was special and the hotel made sure she enjoyed her stay in a lovely suite. Right around the corner from Paddington Station. It was a great experience indeed!!
"Great location but a little small."
The hotel was in a beautiful area a short walk from Hyde Park and close to the tube. We weren't in the hotel very much which was good because the room was very small. I understand this is common in the UK, but we could barely open the ironing board. My chief complaint is that the carpet, chairs and some linens (I.e. Bed skirt) were not very clean and seemed worn out and dated. This is usually a deal breaker for me, but again we weren't there very much. The bathrooms did look like they were remodeled and were actually very nice. We didn't use the restaurant downstairs or any other hotel facilities. The staff was friendly, so all in all I say it was a success.
Adam
"Location and Charm"
Booked this hotel for my sister, my 86 yr old Dad and myself. We had been traveling in India and wanted to break up the long flight home back to LA. The hotel was terrific! It is only apx 3 blocks from Paddington Station, where there is a direct train from the airport, the Heathrow Express, which takes just 15 minutes and travels every 20 min. Very easy walk from Paddington to hotel. The hotel is just about 2 to 3 blocks from Hyde Park. The rooms are sweet and the breakfast room and adjacent sitting room have nice fireplaces, tastefully antiques and pleasant art throughout. I would stay again.
Other trip Nov 17, 2014
"Pay for the Location"
Great location within walking distance to Paddington station, but for the money I spent, I think I could have found a suitable alternative with better amenities and staff. It took us about twenty minutes just to enter the building because someone was surfing the Internet and had forgotten to unlock the front door (not sure why you lock a door at 1pm to a four star hotel). The room is cramped and stuffy with a questionable elevator. Decor was good with comfortable linens. It was a good boutique experience (maybe for one night stay), but that was about it.
Other trip Nov 4, 2014
"Nice hotel- very close to Paddington Station."
This was a nice if expensive hotel near Paddington and Hyde Park/Kensington Gardens. Our room was small but clean and cosy--the bed was comfortable. The bathroom is lovely. During our stay--over a week-- the lift was out which is very unfortunate if you are downstairs as we were. We would have loved an easy, inexpensive cup of coffee in the morning but this is very difficult. Breakfast is overpriced and they offer expensive coffee to go--you have to pick it up at the front desk. Staff is friendly and helpful. We had two free waters each day and cookies left in the room. All in all, when we go again we will probably try another place. For the money, we would have liked a couple of different special touches. Still, the location can't be beat.
Other trip Nov 4, 2014
Lynne
"Nice hotel close to underground"
We stayed at the hotel for four days. The staff are very good and helped us with reservations for tours. The lobby area and dining area are very well decorated but the room was slightly shabby.
Other trip Oct 29, 2014
Pat
"Great Hotel in excellent location"
We enjoyed our stay tremendously. The staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful. Our room was a garden room and was very clean and cozy. My husband and I will definitely stay here again on our next visit. This is a beautiful, very British hotel. Love, love.
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
"Royal treatment at the Royal"
My wife and I spent 3 nights at the Royal Park, choosing the Royal on the advice of a friend. We found the hotel to be welcoming, comfortable, and classy. We booked a King Suite, and we very pleased with the size and comfort of the room. Like many hotels in London this is a converted townhome that has received a first class renovation. The library/bar and the dining room are in the style of an English country home, large comfortable chairs and couches. The front desk staff could have not been more welcoming and accommodating. Nice young people from a variety of European countries. We will stay at the Royal Park on our next trip to London.
Other trip Oct 9, 2014
It was a nice stay. The location was safe and really close to the Underground station. Staff was extremely helpful and friendly.
Other trip Oct 8, 2014
"Clean, comfortable, convenient"
This was perfect for our two-night stay over in London en route to Africa. The room was very quiet, and roomy by London standards. The bath was tiny, as is to be expected in most European hotels, but completely adequate. The staff was friendly and went out of their way to be helpful with theatre tickets and tube directions. An easy walk from Paddington Station.
2 night trip with friends Sep 17, 2014
Cathleen
Better than expected. Helpful staff.very pleasant stay.
Other trip Sep 30, 2014
Fred
"Comfortable and feels a bit like home."
Everything was nice except the wifi is a big issue. I had to sign in at around 5-10 times a day. No coffee or tea in room. The staff is very accommodating.
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
michelle
"good"
Good
3 night family trip Sep 16, 2014
"Wonderful boutique hotel near Paddington Station"
Staff was very helpful. Ronnie was there to help at every turn. Omar the car driver was extremely nice while being professional. An overall lovely stay. Will recommend to others considering travel to London.
Other trip Sep 20, 2014
Edward
"Nice hotel, great location"
We booked this hotel for our last day of a two week tour of Europe.We chose it primarily due to its proximity to Hyde Park & Kensington Gardens/ Palace. It was very close not only to these locations but also great shopping (Harrod's and others). The room itself was clean & the bed comfortable. The bathroom was very nice with a tub and real shower as well as two sinks which is a definite plus. Although it was the smallest room we had stayed in during our vacation we were staying only one day and night so it was perfectly adequate for our purposes. The hotel looked to be maybe 100 years old and was very charming and although a bit pricey for the room size etc; I'd guess that is due to its location. Over all a very nice place that I'd definitely recommend for short durations.
Other trip Sep 5, 2014
"Welcome home!"
Fantastic atmosphere, friendly and caring staff, close proximity to transportation and great places to eat.
Other trip Sep 5, 2014
Sheila
"Great Service"
Most hotels I stay at I want to be left alone, but after a harrowing journey of 5 trains to get there I needed someone to help me. The heathrow express was not in service that day so my husband and I and all our luggage took 5 trains to get to the hotel from the airport. Once we arrived the bellman (lovely gentlemen) saw me coming grabbed my bags and helped us into the hotel. We explained our issue and he happily explained how we could avoid this from happening when we left to fly home the next day. He helped take our bags up to the room and got us settled and calmed down. I would definitely recommend the hotel to others and would stay there again if I'm back in the city. Thanks for hiring a great 'face' of the hotel.
1 night business trip Aug 23, 2014
Kate
"It was nicely located and friendly staff"
All was good. Good location. Room was clean and comfortable. Great price.
Other trip Aug 8, 2014
Very pleasing apartment style hotel. Very close to Hyde Park
Other trip Aug 1, 2014
Terra Xoble
"A great place to stay while you're in London."
All the staff was professional, nice and helpful.
Other trip Jul 22, 2014
"Friendly Service"
We stayed at the Royal Park Hotel for 2 nights, after 2 weeks of traveling in Istanbul and Greece. It almost felt like coming home. The staff was very friendly, professional and responsive to any request. The facilities were lovely. And the location is convenient to the Paddington station. I highly recommend this boutique hotel if you appreciate personal service.
2 night family trip Jul 8, 2014
SusanE
"A great place to stay"
Very clean hotel. Staff was very helpful. The hotel is two blocks from paddington station. Which was great. Quiet area
Other trip Jul 2, 2014
"Classy Hotel in Great Neighborhood."
My wife and I took our honeymoon in London. We stayed at the Royal Park Hotel. The hotel was clean and attractive, with great access to public transportation in a quiet neighborhood near Hyde Park.
Other trip Jun 12, 2014
"Hotel staff"
The staff was very kind. The location is good. But The hotel amenities is not good. No coffee maker, no microwave oven.
Other trip Jun 1, 2014
Jacob
"Another lovely stay at The Royal Park hotel."
Stepping into this hotel is like stepping into a beautiful oasis in London. The staff I interacted with were friendly and helpful. The room was beautiful and the bed comfortable. Wifi was free and worked well. This time I was on the ground floor. It was close to the lounge room and breakfast room, I guess, so there was a bit more foot traffic going by in the morning, but it didn't wake me up. I had no outside noise to speak of. Location is less than a 5 minute walk to Paddington Station, making it very convenient for getting to Heathrow and much else besides.
1 night trip May 25, 2014
Meira
"Excellent staff!"
The service at the Royal Park was excellent. Five star service at a four star hotel!
2 night trip Apr 22, 2014
"Close to paddington station"
Very nice location and location. I would like to stay there again next time I go London.
Other trip Apr 20, 2014
connie
"Tucked away, but close, clean and comfortable."
Lovely hotel - with old world charm. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Food a bit pricey, and hair dryer didn't work and there wasn't a plug for one in the bathroom, but the bed was very comfortable and pillows were great. Very quiet and the staff was very accommodating. Close to the Heathrow Express station for easy airport access. Walking distance to shops, park and restaurants.
1 night trip Apr 12, 2014
"nice area"
the hotel was quaint. old but updated. the staff was very cordial, however, they never informed us of the comp champagne from 7 to 8 in the blue room.we did get comp tea and cookies upon arrival though. that was a very nice touch and welcome. we enjoyed our stay even though we did not spend too much time at the hotel. metro station very close by and easy to ride.
2 night trip Apr 9, 2014
sharon
"Wonderful Hotel"
We loved this hotel. We stayed there for 3 nights and was pleasantly surprised. The staff was wonderful and very helpful. We got there early, before the normal check in time and they got us a room ready while we had a complementary cup of tea. This hotel is a block away from Paddington Station and Hyde park. The staff was very helpful about how to book tours and how to get around. The room was small, decorated very nice, but all we needed since we spent most of our time seeing the sights in London. I would stay at this hotel again. Very nice.
3 night family trip Mar 19, 2014
Tami
"Our London Trip"
The hotel staff are excellent. The service was exceptional and our room was very nice. I would definitely stay here again.
3 night trip Feb 21, 2014
"Trip to London!"
Upon arrival everything was good - we were given the very large key to 607 (i think) which in comparison to the outside temperature was lovely and toasty. We were provided with a pot of tea and then some bottled water - all good! We ventured out for some bevvies and a curry and upon returning were met with again a toasty warm room. It was OK (apart from the view of course - terrible). We went to bed and sleep after turning the AC temp down - however - it would seem that the temp in the room didn't change as during the night just seemed to rise - we were up all night long in an oven until we opened the window ! So either the room as freezing or boiling - no in between... In the morning after a night of lack of sleep i couldn't be bothered to argue the point or advise the hotel staff of this as we were more interested in getting out and getting a coffee - and what would it have changed! Anyway - be warned. Check that the AC cools!
Other trip Jan 28, 2014
"Loved our stay!"
Absolutely perfect in every way. We were on the top floor wih a veiw of the cute row houses behind us. We had a room for our 2 teenagers with 2 twin beds next door, but not connected--perfect!! We had a king and both rooms were situated on its own wing. Nice, spacious rooms! We felt very spoiled. Very sound proof. I could not hear the elevator or outside noises. Close to both Lancaster Gate and Paddington underground. Very professional staff! We did not have the breafast, but I might try it the next time we stay--yes--we will be back!!
4 night family trip Jan 19, 2014
Melanie
"quiet location not too far from Oxford Street"
the hotel is located in a quiet neighborhood close to Hyde Park. the furniture reminds the guest why it is called ROYAL - not my taste but clean and nice.
1 night business trip Jan 21, 2014
I stayed at the Royal Park Hotel with two of my children a few days before Christmas and we had a very pleasant experience. Our room was quiet, nicely decorated, and very reasonable in price. The staff were helpful and friendly. We would most definitely stay here again, and I've already recommended this hotel to my friends. If you're looking for a plastic, expensive, Americanised "boutique" hotel, this isn't the place for you. It's homely and cosy and really lovely. Full marks!
Other trip Jan 6, 2014
Great Hotel. Staff was great, the room is small but it is a typical size for a london hotel room. The location is great, it is near paddinton and lancaster underground. I went there for vacation and it was beautiful. I recommend this hotel.
Other trip Jan 3, 2014