All hotels in Gahanna, Ohio, United States of America

Delicious food
  • Wellness Area
    Great wellness & sports facilities
    Clean
There were lots of dust on ventilation in bathroom and carpet wasn't clean.
Other trip May 16, 2014
alex
"Handicap room"
Not happy getting a handicap room. The person at the desk during the night did not mention that they were sold out and that was the reason for a handicap room. The lobby was incredibly loud with guest. Called from a cab to be sure we would find it and the night staff never answered the phone. When I arrived, I realized that the guest in the lobby were so loud that she probably did not hear the phone ringing. The hotel was over priced for the room, however the day time counter person offered to add a few points extra on my Marriott number to make up for the disappointing stay.
Response by Springhill Suites by Marriott Columbus Airport Gahanna
Our apologies that you were checked into an Accessible Room. I'm glad that our Associate was able to offer some compensation. While we generally make Accessible rooms a "last sell", because of our very very busy weekend, it was somewhat out of our control. Thank You for your comments.
Other trip Apr 27, 2014
"Amazing"
The hotel was a blast and clean!! The people were so nice! And I had the whole gym and pool and hot tub to myself the morning before our families wedding we were going to. It was such an amazing, relaxing visit. If I could give it any critique, because I feel like I have to to be authentic, is that the elevator was a little slow. Haha. It was a blast, and I would go there again in a heartbeat!
1 night trip Apr 11, 2014
"Very nice room and amenities"
Stayed here for weekend shopping trip at Easton and American Girl Store
Other trip Apr 11, 2014
"Business trip -close to what I needed"
Nice hotel, breakfast ok, beds not so comfortable.
2 night trip Apr 2, 2014
I was disappointed in the size of the room.
1 night trip Mar 27, 2014
Shirley
"Great Experience"
First time staying in a hotel. It was fun and exciting. Nice place. Great bed.
2 night business trip Mar 21, 2014
Jesse
"I would stay again"
My trip was both business and pleasure. I was a bit disappointed by the smallness of the "king suite", once the couch was pulled into a bed position there was nearly no walking room. I had brought my daughter who was going to swim with her son while i was at my business meeting but the pool had too much chlorine and then took until the next day to get up to temperature again. I stepped on a metal piece that some prior person had taken from new clothes, like the little metal piece they put on the end of a pair of socks, so clearly the room hadn't been swept before we checked in and we checked in at 9:00 pm. The front desk staff was very very friendly and accomodating Breakfast was a treat and I loved talking to the staff preparing and keeping the area clean. There was plenty of hot water.
2 night business trip Mar 7, 2014
Lu
"Nice hotel close to the Easton Town Center"
Hotel was clean and all staff was very friendly. Our second night they were short staffed so our room didnt get cleaned until 7pm and there were no clean towels in the pool area. The staff was apologetic and did what they could to bring what was needed. Breakfast was included and was great. Something for everyone!
Other trip Mar 10, 2014
"Close to airport & OSU"
Room smelled smokey. Had to run water for a while until it got hot in sink and shower. While taking a hot shower, it become cold as if someone in the next room was using it at the same time. Otherwise comfortable room.
Response by Springhill Suites by Marriott Columbus Airport Gahanna
Thank You for your comments on your recent stay with us. Our apologies that the room smelled as though someone had smoked in it. Marriott's are non-smoking hotels, but sometimes people ignore that, and it can be difficult to catch them. Our apologies about the hot water as well. It has been addressed with our Engineering department to make sure any issue is fixed, and that it doesn't happen to anyone in the future. Thank You again for your comments, and hope you will choose us in the future.
Other trip Mar 4, 2014
"Clean Hotel"
The was clean, a little on the small side for the money it cost. I would go back and would recommend this hotel to others.
Other trip Mar 3, 2014
"Great location, great stay"
location was great to downtown and easton mall, the rooms were very clean and nice.
2 night trip Feb 21, 2014
traci
"Terrible!!!"
Room was filthy!!! Toilet had not been cleaned and seat was splattered. Went to call and complain, phone wouldn't work!!! Went to front desk and the lady on duty was rude about even though she did change our room. New room had awful smell to it! Never going back! Complete filth
1 night business trip Feb 8, 2014
Brandy
Had a great experience here! How do I order the mattresses?
2 night trip Feb 14, 2014
We had a lot of fun, and the pool is open late, so that was awesome
Other trip Feb 14, 2014
"Enjoyed our stay and would come back."
Room was very nice and clean. Loved the set up and the couch and bed were very comfortable! We had a great night and I enjoyed watching the planes land. The staff was very friendly. We will definately be going back! I actually thought that being by the airport would be a problem but it wasn't.
1 night trip Feb 7, 2014
Marcy
Upon arriving to the hotel after 3pm, rooms were not ready for check in. I was provided two different rooms and neither were ready. So I decided to leave and come back. The hotel is dated and could use an update. The entire night up till 12am, kids ran and yelled up the hallways. The breakfast was nice. Overall decent stay but I will not return.
2 night trip Jan 31, 2014
This hotel was in close proximity to a very large shopping area. It was easy to find and the staff was very friendly.
1 night trip Jan 25, 2014
It was a nice, extremely clean hotel. The staff was very helpful, friendly, and nice. I would instantly stay here again. Beds were comfy and the entire room was extraordinarily clean. Two thumbs up for this place. They even are willing to transport you to places if they are close enough free of charge. Free breakfast that is more than continental.
2 night business trip Jan 22, 2014
Alex
Excellent
1 night trip Jan 20, 2014
The front desk clerk "Donna" was very kind, pleasant and more than happy to make sure that I was accommodated properly!
1 night business trip Jan 16, 2014
"Great one day stay"
I really enjoyed the roominess of the room. I had 5 people with me and then had 5 visit us while we were there and it was great. We were able to share some family time and not be overly crowded. The pool and hot tub were also good and it was a very pleasant experience.
1 night trip Jan 18, 2014
Marla
Had a wonderful stay at Springhill suites.We had a comfortable room and bed and a decent breakfast in the morning.We were in Columbus for a wedding and this hotel was close to the wedding and the reception.We only stayed for one night but we had a wonderful time.Would recommend it to anyone.
Other trip Jan 15, 2014
"Hotel was clean and well kept."
Not a terribly fancy hotel but it was kept up decently and in a good area. It was quiet.The staff was friendly. The pool and hot tub area was nice and clean. Breakfast was fair. Only C minus grades were for one set of towels for 3 people (I called the front desk and they asked me to come down to pick some up) and it could've been stocked with toiletries for 3 instead of one. (Two queen beds and a sleeper sofa= more than one staying) I would recommend this hotel and/or stay again.
Other trip Jan 15, 2014
teri
"Very cozy"
I had a King room with a sofa and it was really cozy and had all of the amenities needed for a couple nights stay (fridge, microwave etc.) Decor was nice and up to date and breakfast was good too! Nice & clean.
1 night trip Jan 12, 2014
SD
No hot water in the bathroom sink. I was told it would take "some time to let the water run". Considering they have conservation messages all over the hotel room I found the hot water solution was not up to the hotel chain standards. This hotel was clean. The bed was exceptionally comfortable. The décor and finishes in the room were very tired and poorly updated. We got an good deal on the rate (less than $70) however, I would never stay here at full price.
Other trip Jan 13, 2014
"Convenient if flying out of the Columbus Airport."
The directions to the property were correct. The room was very comfortable. However if one is hungry and the weather outside is frightful (which it was) the prices at the little snack area were very expensive. I guess getting free parking for a week and the free shuttle to and from the airport make up for the cost of a few items from the snack bar.The hotel is located next to a Subway Sandwich shop.
1 night trip Dec 6, 2013
Bobbie Chubb
"Overnight stay for airport departure"
The hotel was a little outdated but the customer service was outstanding. The service provided was very friendly and courteous. Housekeeping could have vacuumed a little better because I saw a toothpick and strips of tissue paper. The room had a sofa sleeper and when I opened it there were peanuts on the bedding. So, I asked for additional bedding and the front desk personnel was very helpful.
1 night trip Nov 22, 2013
Aracelis Gonzalez
"Expensive for what we got."
There was nothing horribly wrong with this hotel. I felt for the money we should have gotten more. The kitchenette was poorly stocked. The layout of the room made it difficult to maneuver, kept hitting the TV on my way between sleeping area and living area. My biggest peeve were the sheets. Why can't hotels by fitted sheets that stay on the bed. Every morning we would wake up to find ourselves tangled in the fitted sheet. When I said something about it on check out the worker said,"Well, hope you'll come back. Setting is noisy, trucks all night. Also, many HS sports teams running the halls and scarfing the breakfast, while their chaperones ignored them.
Other trip Nov 17, 2013
"Weekend Trip"
A great hotel for a great price but you can sometimes hear a plane overhead from the 3rd floor. We didn't mind because it wasn't often and we are deep sleepers, but if you are a light sleeper I would request 1st or 2nd floor. We got down to breakfast a little late, 9:30 a.m. so there wasn't much left. They still had the waffle maker going and plenty of eggs and bacon, but the bread items were gone. The fresh fruit was on the check-in counter not on the breakfast bar. The seating area is nice...plenty of space. My daughter loved that Nutella was included with the jelly!
Other trip Nov 4, 2013
"Right near CMH"
Hotel was what we needed: proximity to the airport. Clean enough, but very bare-bones as far as amenities. Full house meant not as many extra blankets as we needed. Not the new jazzy remodeled Springhill Suites we were hoping for, but certainly functional. And staff was very pleasant even with a full house straining them.
Other trip Nov 4, 2013
Stone
"Nice But a Little Dated"
The facilities were fine bit showing some wear and tear. Staff was helpful. There are a number of nearby restaurants which was convenient.
1 night trip Sep 30, 2013
"Nice hotel close to airport"
Nice place to stay. The bed was very comfortable and very clean room.
Other trip Sep 30, 2013
not an appealing part of town. Planes start at 6am on the button!
1 night trip Sep 18, 2013
"Hotel stay in September"
Nice place although I was slightly annoyed because there was no soap, shampoo, or conditioner in the room when we checked in. When I did call the front desk to let them know that we didn't have it they responded quickly. The breakfast provided was good and the person working at the front desk was professional and friendly.
Other trip Sep 23, 2013
"Not too Shabby"
This is a pretty good hotel. The rooms are nice and the breakfast was good. The location is accessible and convenient.
3 night family trip Aug 31, 2013
Dr. A
"Nice, but not where I expected"
Nice, clean hotel. It is not one of the newest Springhill Suites, but still in pretty good shape. It is close to the Columbus Airport; however, it is not one of the hotels right on airport property. Because of the description, I thought that I was booking one of the hotels within walking distance of the Airport.
2 night trip Aug 30, 2013
Holly
"Great location for any vacationer."
We were very happy with the room's appearance. The first time we entered it 's breathtaking atmosphere of comfort we looked forward to a great night's rest after a very long journey. The hotel was quite beautiful. Everything was FANTASTIC about the room until we realized within 30 minutes of our stay the air conditioner was broke!!!! The front desk offered a fan from the laundry room which they emphasized we could not keep. So we kept the fan long enough to contain coolness while we dressed for our event. Secondly, This you may not can do anything about, but my wife was very displeased that all the beautiful mirrors made her look larger than she is which is always displeasing to a woman. I am not opposed to you NOT wanting to post this review, but we cannot rate our experience for this trip above a 3 at this time; however, we hope to visit again one day because we absolutely loved the hotel and location. We want to visit Columbus, OH again, and we look forward to staying here again. The next time we hope our stay will be quite memorable with all things positively awesome in every aspect and to tell others about our stay to convince them to accommodate at this hotel. Because we know they will enjoy it's location, attractions, restaurants, hotel strip, mall and stores!
2 night trip Aug 23, 2013
"Overall very nice hotel"
All the staff I spoke to was friendly and helpful. The hotel, while right off the high way, was tucked back into an awkward area, there wasn't anything within walking distance.
1 night trip Aug 24, 2013
"Wonderful hotel, wonderful staff"
This hotel is very close to the airport and Interstate(s), and is brand new !!! The staff is super friendly, and very knowledgeable of the area (we needed to find an urgent care - and they came through with a suggestion). The breakfast was great. We definitely will stay there again the next time we are in Columbus !!!
3 night trip Aug 2, 2013
"Best bed ever!"
We stayed there 1 night and drove into Columbus to LC Pavilion, aouut a 10 minute drive. It was worth the drive! I was the most comfortable bed we have ever slept on. The breakfast was better than most frreebies.
Other trip Jul 31, 2013
Lori
Very good value and close to airport but too far from shopping and dining.
2 night trip Jul 26, 2013
"Nice hotel near the airport."
Short drive to restaurants and Kroger store. Good value.
Other trip Jul 29, 2013
"Experience at Spring Hill Suites - Gahanna, OH"
The accomodations were as expected when staying at a Springhill Suites by Marriott thus the reason we choose to stay at these hotels. Most of the hotels have good all around quality in all areas and this one did not disappoint. The staff at this location were very pleasant, rooms were clean and the air was cold........
Other trip Jul 27, 2013
"Meh hotel - there are others in the area"
We recently stayed for the weekend. The hotel is okay. We reserved the room for two adults and two kids (king size bed and sofa bed). We had to go back to the front desk to get sheets and blankets for the sofa bed (none were in the room). We never did find any extra pillows. Needed to get an extra towel for our fourth person (three in the room). Breakfast was okay, fruit was at the front desk, none on the buffet. Didn't try the gray turkey sausuage. Opted to skip hotel breakfast on the second day (not terribly good and same selection). Went to the pool - was a bit disturbed that the water doesn't filter unless there is enough weight in the pool to raise the water level up high enough for the filter. At first the four of us were ths only ones there but once four or five other people joined the water was high enough to go into the filter. There was a hamper for used towels at the pool but we didn't see any pool towels. I asked the front desk if they had them or we should use our room towels. The woman at the desk brought back a stack of hand towels and told me to use them. Room service took our room towels even though we hung them up to resue them and replaced our four towels with two. Back to the front desk we went for more towels. I don't quite get it. I don't feel like one towel per person is excessive. Overall the hotel was okay, but there is a TownePlace suites, Candlewood suites, and Holiday Inn express and suites in the same area so I would try another one out.
Other trip Jul 25, 2013
"conveniently located"
I am very sensitive to odors/perfumes/fragrances. I have never encountered a hotel that used scented detergent (Tide) before. Once I informed the front desk of my situation they resolved my issue by rewashing my linens. Heather was very understanding and helpful. The rest of my stay was enjoyable.
3 night trip Jul 18, 2013
Fantastic bed! Very clean and comfortable
1 night business trip Jul 11, 2013
"Close to wedding event."
Fabulous
2 night trip Jul 5, 2013
This has been my third or fourth stay at this particular property and it is always well maintained. This time I was started by a fairly new front check-in counter that was ultra-contemporary. At first it took a bit to get used to, but I liked it!
1 night trip Jul 1, 2013
K. Fraza
Nice hotel and would stay again. Would recommend this hotel to other friends and family.
1 night trip Jun 29, 2013