All hotels in San Diego, California, United States of America

"A Bank turned into a HOTEL!! Very beautiful!"
Awesome place. The hotel was amazing. This place was a bank before a hotel.
2 night romance trip Feb 18, 2015
"Lovely!"
Lovely hotel! No complaints at all. Valet parking is $40/night, but has unlimited in/out privileges, which proved to be useful. Plenty of nice restaurants within 6-8 blocks walking distance.
2 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
April
"Comfortable Stay"
This was for my Birthday getaway for me and to hang out with friends. The room was very comfortable and the employees were so gracious and welcoming. I would stay there again when I come back to San Diego. I recommend this hotel to everyone.
2 night trip Feb 14, 2015
Simone
"The Bank Hotel"
Such a beautiful hotel! The room was nice and roomy. The location was perfect, right off of the Gaslamp District walkable to all the Gaslamp has to offer! The hotel staff was very friendly. Definitely would stay at this hotel again!
3 night romance trip Feb 13, 2015
Deborah J
"Small, old, and thin walls"
Nothing special about it. Not at all impressed. Room was small and you can hear anything/everything outside the door in the hallway.
Response by Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Downtown
Mr. Jonathon, Thank you very much for sharing your feedback about your stay. Here at the Courtyard by Marriott, San Diego Downtown, we strive to provide the best experience for our guests. I understand you had concerns about the building during your stay and am sorry to hear you did not fully enjoy your time with us. Our hotel is a historic landmark in San Diego, as it was our city’s first bank, built in the early 1900s. Many of our guests choose to return to our property for the exceptional customer service and the unique feel of our building’s architecture. Next time you stay with us, we would love to arrange a tour with one of our knowledgeable bellmen, to show you the historic features of our wonderful hotel. Again, thank you for sharing your experience with us. We hope to see you again soon.
2 night trip with friends Feb 13, 2015
Jonathon
"Best bang for your buck."
Great location and great service. Perfect location if you want to head out to the gaslamp for the night.
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
The hotel was ok, but I was shocked with the hundreds of homeless people loitering in the area. We couldn't leave the hotel without being stopped by homeless individuals asking for money or cigarettes. We witnesses 2 incidents within feet of the hotel entrance of homeless individuals experiencing a medical emergency. I also didn't expect to pay $40 a day to park at the hotel. Will not be returning to this hotel again. It was not a pleasant environment, it was upsetting more than anything.
Response by Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Downtown
Thank you for your feedback. It is unfortunate that you've experienced the other side of downtown San Diego. We truly understand and empathize in your situation. We do offer valet parking for $40 which will give you unlimited in and out privileges. If you choose to come visit us again, our staff are more than happy to give self parking options in the area. In spite of the inevitable events, we hope you were still able to enjoy our historic property, the staff, and the Gaslamp District during your visit.
"Solid experience"
No surprises. Very nice staff.
2 night business trip Feb 4, 2015
Jeffrey
"great weekend getaway"
the staff was great everyone was helpful. the room was very clean well put together. the view was very nice recommend getting on the higher floor if you can. so you could see the beautiful city view. just beware of the parking situation valet for the hotel was $40 a day however you can find a parking garage that is within walking distance or if you're lucky you can find parking on the street.
2 night romance trip Jan 23, 2015
"Beautiful historic hotel!"
The hotel is a historic building that is absolutely charming but still modern. The staff was very friendly and helpful. There is currently scaffolding in the front of the building so wasn't able to get full pleasure of the building and entry.
1 night trip with friends Jan 23, 2015
Lori
"A great spot."
Overall, very good. great historic building. Restaurant crew was great. Bartender was good. Valets were great. Location is ideal to explore San Diego.
2 night business trip Jan 19, 2015
"Business travel"
Hotel was well maintained and well run. Good location and friendly service. Try the bagels they serve for breakfast, they bring them from NYC!
3 night business trip Jan 17, 2015
gerard
Amazing stay! Staff was awesome and so friendly!! Will definitely be back!
2 night trip with friends Jan 17, 2015
lisa
"Great location!"
Perfect. Everything was wonderful. The staff was amazing. Location close to everything!!!
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
Brandy
"Gaslamp District is a party"
So much fun to stay downtown in the Gaslamp District! Be prepared for noise and crowds. Make sure you walk to the water to enjoy the sunset.
1 night romance trip Jan 17, 2015
"Business in San Diego"
It was a pleasure
2 night business trip Jan 11, 2015
Pablo
"Slept like a baby"
Room was very clean, neat, bed was extremely comfortable , slept like a baby,
2 night family trip Jan 2, 2015
"Hotel with nice character"
We stayed for 6 nights and needed a room with 2 queen beds. We were given a handicapped room which we didn't need. I am uber picky when it comes to cleanliness. I saw a long hair in the bathtub and several plastic clothes tags on the carpet and a paper bag under the bed.
Other trip Jan 10, 2015
"Presidential Suite"
Excellent experience. Got upgraded to the Presidential Suite (apparently no King rooms available) - just one stipulation - can't use the balcony since they are renovating the hotel. We were just fine with that. Awesome room. Had a great weekend in San Diego as a result - stayed in room more than usually would just so we could enjoy the space and the view. All staff very kind, friendly, and helpful. Would definitely stay at this hotel even if not in the Presidential Suite.
Other trip Jan 7, 2015
Jenny Jo
"Very Satisfied"
Great location. Comfortable room. Property was clean, well maintained & decorated. Excellent service. Great place to stay if attending get togethers in the Gaslamp District.
2 night romance trip Jan 2, 2015
"Nice hotel but NO PARKING"
The hotel is nice and is relatively located close to everything, however, there is no parking and the only option is to pay $36 per day for valet parking. I went ahead and parked in one of the area parking garages, but still ended up paying $28 a day. NOT Happy. The hotel itself is very well maintained and has great staff, however, they could validate the parking. For this reason, I would certainly not rate it as excellent. And, I was disappointed this was not noted at booking, while it did list that there is valet parking, it could have said this was the ONLY option.
Response by Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Downtown
Thank you for your feedback, Blanca. It is always great to hear our guests appreciate our historic property and our wonderful staff. We are excited to share your great comments to the team. Unfortunately, due to our downtown location we have limited parking space and pretty steep parking prices. I would like to sincerely apologize for the mis-communication. I want to share that our valet services offer unlimited in and out privileges which might work better than the other options in the area when you return for your next visit. Have a great rest of your week. We hope to see you again soon!
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
Blanca
"Great location!"
The hotel was great, the location fantastic for walking just about anywhere you would like to go when on a short weekend trip to San Diego. But the part that really stood out for me were the Valet staff. They were always super friendly and willing to help with any questions we had!
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
Christy
Everyone was very polite and the rooms were very clean. The only dislike was the sink was detched from the bathroon.
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
"Loved!!!!"
Beautiful Historic Building. Excellent Service!!! We loved our stay here. Parking is a challenge in this area, but not the Hotels fault, just the area. They have Valet but a little pricey.
1 night romance trip Dec 27, 2014
"Horriblle experience!"
First night (had booked three nights though only stayed one) was OK. Was awakened next morning at 8:28am by hammering noises from outside the room (apparently the hotel was undergoing renovations that I was not made aware of). Tried to ignore the noise and go back to sleep (had gone to sleep around 3am and desperately needed more sleep) hoping the noise would eventually stop, but it never did. At 11am I packed up and checked out of the hotel shortly after. Originally thought about requesting a move to another area of the hotel, but since I originally requested a room in a quiet location and was assured that my assigned room was just that, didn't trust that the hotel had a room that met my "quiet" requirement.
Other trip Jan 1, 2015
Lock
"Terrible"
Parking was 38$, we found used champain bottle in the room
2 night romance trip Dec 27, 2014
Alik
"Vacation in San Diego"
Cleanliness of room/hotel and very good service.
3 night family trip Dec 22, 2014
Duc
Great place with lots of charm. My only issue was the Valet Parker hit the curb and scratched my rim. And a large # of homeless sleeping in the doorways thur out the gaslamp area
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
robert
"Hope to be back."
Wonderfully courteous staff. Gorgeous hotel. View isn't great but the rooms are comfortable. Fitness center is good for a hotel center. Location good
1 night family trip Dec 23, 2014
Jane
"Very nice."
Parking is a big issue in this area. Valet parking is available. Parking is also expensive in the area.
"Great location."
Hotel is in a great location, staff is very helpful, reasonably priced restaurant.Would recommend for your next stay in San Diego.
Dain
"Great location,old historic hotel"
This hotel is a beautiful landmark in downtown San Diego. The lobby is gorgeous and it is wonderful to learn from staff about the history. Things I did not enjoy about the hotel are: thin wills, and some parts of the hotel appearing old and run down. For example, one elevator would be perfect, the other with walls chipping and in bad shape. Many aspects were beautiful and stylish, however it appeared renovation still needs to be done as some components are chipping, old, and dull. I did, however, absolutely love the location of the hotel. We didn't have to use any taxis because Gaslamp bars and restaurants are in walking distance. I enjoy the historic, grandiose style of the lobby, and the modern, updated decor of the hotel rooms. The room was comfortable, it was great to access to a fridge, and again the location really just can't be beat. Overall,I will likely stay at the hotel again because of the affordable price and unbeatable location.
Kayla
"Wonderful Christmas in San Diego"
Loved it! Great family hotel, too, and everything you need for a comfortable and friendly stay. Everyone helpful and so nice to our two granddaughters who love to stay at a Westin Hotel.
4 night romance trip Dec 21, 2014
Thank you so much for the experience. When we checked in, the employee gave us the room where used to be a safty room for the owner. It was very spacious. We had a great time staying there.
Other trip Dec 26, 2014
Sally
"Great hotel stayed for xmas eve loved.it"
Great hotel. Great rooms worth every penny. Would stay here again for sure. Loved that it was a bank
Other trip Dec 26, 2014
Tammy
"Awesome location!"
Ramon was great! Hotel staff was very informative with the questions we had.
1 night trip with friends Dec 17, 2014
Calla
"LOCATION!"
Very happy with hotel. Great location, walking distance from 5th Avenue. Wouldn't bring kids, but great for singles, couples wanting to experience the gas lamp district. NO PARKING! Valet only at 28 dollars a day was ridiculous. Should post this in the hotel.com listing, but it was nice having a car. If your just going downtown and aren't going to the beach use public transportation from the airport. No rental car is needed. The hotel staff was friendly and very helpful.
2 night romance trip Dec 6, 2014
"center of everything."
Wonderful location. This location was close to everything you want to be close. service was warm and inviting.
1 night romance trip Dec 13, 2014
sherwin
"Very nice stay"
Great spot close to everything.
"Marriott never fails"
Always like to stay with Marriott. Great service and comfy beds, and this time around it was not any different. Gaslamp was our nightlife destination and we found ourselves within walking distance from all bars and restaurants. Nice place to stay for any occassion in SD.
Jose
"Beautiful hotel, but the staff....."
$39.00 daily valet parking charge and they can't find my car!!! My wifi password didn't work!!! The front desk NEVER answers and the call would route me to the 800 for reservations. Then they finally answer and make me call technical support to see why my wifi doesn't work!!! They said call 866-363-7747...NEVER STAYING HERE AGAIN...even if it was free. One annoyed customer. The positive of the stay--beautiful building, comfortable room, and great view of city and harbor.
1 night trip with friends Nov 29, 2014
"Quick pit stop !"
It was an affordable stay very close to the gaslamp district. I would recommend !
Edmarie
"Historic but noisy"
Our room was directly above a very busy intersection; the noise from the traffic and the pedestrian/party-ers kept us awake most of the night. Otherwise the place is fine.
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
Allan
"Noise"
I checked in friday nights and stayed for two nights. The facilities and the room were great. But there were parties going on late at night and I was having a difficult time sleeping. It could be the location of my room or because of weekends when people like to party.
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
soh
"Excellent Hotel - Excellent Location"
This hotel could not be more perfect!! It is a great location - walking distance to the shopping centre and all the bars, restaurants and night life. The rooms are a good size and very comfortable, the bed and pillows ensure you get a good night sleep. The hotel is in an old bank so it is quiet grand and has lots of great architecture. I was however annoyed that I was charged for 2 bottles of water instead of 1 - and that when we went to check in at 3.30pm our room wasnt ready. Whilst the staff were pleasant we were not offered any comp drinks whilst we waited and then were expected to tip for the bags to be taken up. Otherwise I would stay again for sure and recommend to anyone else!!
3 night romance trip Nov 13, 2014
Sally
"Very nice rooms"
The only problem the whole weekend was that the bathroom sink never drained. Otherwise a good hotel, good location. Definitely would stay again.
Other trip Nov 18, 2014
Meg
Last minute trip to Gaslamp is SD. Had a great time.
Other trip Nov 18, 2014
Rob
"Will come back again and again!"
Amazing view! Awesome room! Awesome last minute deal for a saturday!
1 night trip with friends Nov 8, 2014
"Awesome stay"
Great room and great ambience!
2 night trip with friends Aug 29, 2014
Norma
"Nice hotel!!"
Nice hotel, close to trolley, tons of bars and restaurants and right next to the house of blues.
Other trip Nov 4, 2014