All hotels in Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States of America
1900 Pavilion Dr, Virginia Beach, VA, 23451, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9478

"Lame stay"
under major renovation so the stay sucked
1 night business trip Apr 25, 2015
mike
"very well recommended"
Rooms are very nice and clean..the staff was nice. The beds are very very comfortable!!! I'll be staying there again.
1 night romance trip Apr 4, 2015
ashton
"Within walking distance to convention center"
We were in town for a three day National wrestling tournament at the convention center. This hotel is within walking distance, which made it very convenient. We had two rooms. The lobby was under construction and it was difficult to find the entrance in the dark. The rooms were not very clean, there were food crumbs in both. The bathrooms were also dirty with stains on the floors, cabinets, and walls by the light switch. It looked like they were wiped down with a dirty cloth. The rooms lacked a safe and a mini fridge (essential for teenaged boys who haven't eaten in weeks in order to make weight, and finally can!). The king sized bed was very soft, but only on one side. The other room had full sized beds, which are really too small for two people to sleep on. We ordered room service the first day for breakfast, which was very good. The second day we ate the breakfast buffet, in the restaurant, which was terrible. The bar was under staffed all three nights, with one bartender and one waitress. But the waitress was wonderful!
Erica
"Not a guest centered hotel"
On our first night, our bathroom cleaning was leaking water from room above. They closed the pool over the weekend for construction, during in my opinion, peak guest times. The hotel staff also failed to alert us to construction that woke us up at 10 am. At the very least, they could have moved our room location to avoid the noise.
Other trip Mar 18, 2015
Wanda
"Convenient location not so convenient – – staff"
I have stayed in the hotel a couple times before and this time was definitely the worst hotel is under construction and the staff was not accommodating considering we couldn't even find the hotel entrance it probably would've been a good idea if they have a staff member out there assisting people bringing in their luggage but they couldn't even offer thatwhen I finally had the chance to sleep in at 8:30 the cleaning lady was knocking on the door and the major trillion they were doing in the cement echo throughout the entire hotel it was so loud I didn't even hear the jets passing by convenient locationbut we're taking our money somewhere else next year
3 night family trip Mar 13, 2015
Desiree
"Super comfy bec"
Quick stay but very quiet and comfortable. Restaurant is incredibly slow!!
Other trip Mar 17, 2015
"Nice hotel, great location.."
Staff was wonderful and the hotel was clean. Due to a cheerleading competition the hotel was completely booked! My only complaint was our tv only got three channels. Because it was late when we returned to the hotel we did not complain.
Other trip Mar 17, 2015
kim
Checkin was smooth and quick. Room was clean. However the bathrooms was small but served its purpose. The on site restaurant left much to be desired though it was convenient. Location perfect for events at the convention center.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
"Close to Conv. Center, but rooms were in bad shape"
Issues with the room: Cobwebs hanging from ceiling-never cleaned the entire time we were there either; Window was so cloudy that you could not see out it; bathroom shower leaked all over the floor, had to call maintenance to fix it; room was NEVER vacuumed in the 5 days we were there; Mold in the shower grout (which I finally WIPED out with a washcloth, no scrubbing or chemicals required... the last day we were there ... just to see if it could be cleaned); coffee pot in room was left with rusty water in it from who knows when and the thing was so dirty with old coffee, that I asked for a new one. The hotel did give us a refrig and microwave when I complained about room condition, and they did get me a new coffee pot (after 4 reminders), which was nice for tea in the afternoon or evening. Hotel is under rennovations downstairs, but didn't think that meant housekeeping didn't have to clean the rooms upstairs (it was the worst hotel for cleanliness I have ever been in).
Other trip Mar 12, 2015
"Doubletree experience"
Besides the couple on the other side of the wall being quite audibly amorous (3x) Valentines Day night, our room was clean but average. We opted to have our room changed to the 11th floor and the room we got had a bathroom door handle that wouldn't shut and a TV remote that wouldn't work. I'm quick to forgive but after a very long drive, I was hoping for 3.5-4 star experience and it was barely a 3. Staff was very nice.
1 night family trip Feb 14, 2015
"Valentines weekend 2015"
Other than the long walk in the freezing cold to check-in due to construction the stay was amazing!
2 night romance trip Feb 13, 2015
Internet connection didn't work at first but the staff got right on it and connected it. Not a lot of counter space in bathroom. Electrical outlet between beds worked on and off. Would not be my first choice of a hotel if I go back.
"They have something to sell!"
The "concierge" was peddling some sort of product extremely aggressively...as elevator doors closed, calling rooms, in the hotel restaurant. Ridiculous.
1 night romance trip Feb 7, 2015
"Poor Signage & Hotel Entrance"
The hotel lobby/entrance is under construction. We spent 15 minutes searching for the entrance. Poorly labeled entrance and awkward floor plan make difficult entry for guests. Once inside our stay was pleasant. No other issues, nice hotel, pleasant service.
Other trip Jan 22, 2015
Karol
"Welcoming and helpful"
everyone was helpful and kind. My dog and I had a very nice stay!
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
"Pet Fee"
When I put in my criteria on Expedia I checked "Pet" prior to booking the room at this hotel. when I check into the hotel I had to pay a $ 25 Pet Fee to stay the night I paid the fee Why did Expedia not have/know their would be an additional charge ? I expect to be credited from Expedia and expect a response.
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
"Nice for the price"
I was here for a convention. Location was perfect. It's walking distance to the VA Beach Convention Center. Although they are under construction, it was still a pleasant stay. Also the breakfast was nice.
1 night business trip Jan 16, 2015
"Great hotel and lots of parking"
Always stay here when in Virginia Beach Really like the parking as we often have a boat with us
1 night romance trip Dec 31, 2014
"Under renovation"
The beds weren't comfortable. No fridge or microwave in room, when ask for one the brought one from another room. Fridge was missing a leg so had to prop it up with cardboard. No vent in bathroom so very steamy. They were under reconstruction.
1 night trip with friends Jan 1, 2015
"Not a great stay"
Shower curtain did not close completely water all over bathroom. Construction. Need to label entrance better.
1 night romance trip Dec 27, 2014
"a work in progress"
They've upgraded their rooms since my last visit (a few years ago) and are in the process of re-building their entrance. Fortunately, I was there on a holiday weekend, so there was no construction noise. That might not be the case for the immediate future, though. I arrived at night and there was no signage to tell me where the temporary entrance was. I had to drive around until I found a likely door. My room was very clean and comfortable and the staff were all unfailingly polite. The room safe didn't work and the toilet got clogged, but both times, they quickly sent someone to fix the problem. I ate 2 mediocre breakfasts at the chain restaurant on site (Max & Erma's?). The room rate was very competitive with what other non-beachfront hotels were offering. I would definitely stay there again.
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
"Great one night stay!!!"
Only stayed one night as we were in the J&A Racing Surf and Santa 5K. Great place to stay and extremely good staff!!
1 night family trip Dec 20, 2014
Joan
"Hotel"
It was horrible!
1 night trip with friends Nov 1, 2014
Suzanne
"Moaning Room = NO SLEEP"
We stayed at this facility because it was close to the Convention center. Around 9 p.m., the heating unit began to make a moaning sound. We tried to sleep but it continued through the night. Finally at 2 am I called the front desk hoping to be moved to another room with a quieter heating unit. The front desk sent up security who just told us to turn it off. Well it was 45 degrees that night so turning it off wasn't an option. We did however turn it off just so we could try and get some sleep. Well imagine our surprise when it continued to moan in the off position. At checkout, I shared my concerns with the front desk. I was told it was the wind and not the unit. I have officially written Doubletree off my stay list!!!
1 night family trip Nov 1, 2014
Brigette
"Nice clean hotel near the beach."
When we arrived, check in was swift. We had a problem with our heat but a repair person was sent instantaneously and we had heat in no time. Staff was very friendly. Housekeeping was outstanding.
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
Nona
"GREAT"
only place i will stay
1 night romance trip Oct 18, 2014
mark
"Too noisy"
Doors slamed and wake you up!!! Kids screaming & running the halls.
2 night trip Oct 10, 2014
"Family vacation"
Our stay was pretty good. I wish I had known prior about the pet policy. One of the elevators smelled like urine and every time we walked to our room we heard dogs barking. We could also hear everything our neighbors said and did because the walls are paper thin. When they would close their door our beds would move. Other than that it was a decent stay and the friendly staff and copious amounts of Doubletree cookies made up for what annoyed us.
3 night trip Oct 11, 2014
Brandi
"GREAT, GREAT, GREAT!"
Hotel was GREAT! I am Military and this hotel always gives me honors without question. And the cookies were GREAT! Everything about this hotel I LOVE! I always stay at the Hilton or Double Tree and I am never disappointed.
3 night trip Oct 10, 2014
"bad service hotel"
I was highly disappointed about the service!!!!
2 night family trip Oct 10, 2014
"Great service"
We always stay here when we visit Virginia Beach. We enjoy the space and the efforts of the staff to accommodate all of our needs. They are friendly and professional!
1 night trip Oct 7, 2014
"And cookies!"
We have stayed here several times when attending conferences. The staff always seems spot on. The restaurant is good. The parking lot connects to the conference center parking lot so super convenient. There are a few restaurants within the 1/2 mile and of course tons just a little farther on. The hotel is clean and again the staff every time has been very professional, friendly, and helpful.
1 night trip Oct 4, 2014
"Great Staff"
Hotel was very nice and the staff was great, the air conditioning was a little slow in the room but not bad. Would definitely recommend.
1 night trip with friends Oct 4, 2014
Becca
"Perfect for my event!"
I was there for a conference at the Virginia Beach Convention Center; the hotel was literally 2 parking lots away. It's not on the beach but it's a 5 minute (or less) drive away. I thought it was great for the price. I had no problems at all.... Love the complimentary cookies!
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
Catherine
"it was a nice hotel, but not close to the beach."
As usual, the Dokkuble trees are always nice, and they have nice cookies and are generous with them.
Other trip Oct 1, 2014
"Next to Convention Center."
Excellent! Loved the pool! Very clean!!!
1 night trip with friends Sep 27, 2014
Chris Matherly
"Hilton Hostel"
Firstly, while my first nights stay at a Garden Inn Hilton in Suffolk, VA was fairly pleasant, both shower stalls of each, including this one in VA Beach, VA, had extremely poor drainage (clogged, likely with hair) and inside of 1-2 minutes feet were submerged with a fully open drain. They both took ~10 minutes to fully drain, afterward. Otherwise, 2/5 hotel staff encounters were pleasant and most enjoyable to have interaction with (front desk personnel, only). The bathroom in this establishment in VA Beach, VA, was improperly cleaned with caked-on soiled residue spots (as old dried soap or candle wax?) along the bottom of the walls and over much of the floor. Furthermore, the towel rack was meagerly clinging to its stripped wall-mounting hardware, room 633 (and all rooms ending in -33) are situated adjacent to the floors' main plumbing, vending and ice machines, and intermittent and most audible machine dinning was incensing. Additionally, without so much as a nock, the room-cleaning staff freely entered as my gf and I were exiting the shower at 07:30 am on a Saturday. Oh, and there was an interesting ~80 dB stuttering/screeching/banging noise emanating from the pluming that woke us twice that required turning on/off the shower water several times to silence the racket. Beside the additional cold/DAMP air that the "air conditioning" unit provided and the damp stale smell of the room, the stay was... adequate.
1 night trip Sep 19, 2014
Marine1
"Overall a nice stay but...."
...,you had to be an Olympic sprinter to use the elevators. By the time the bell rang, announcing which elevator car was opening, the doors would begin closing again. Difficult enough to squeeze in there by yourself; almost impossible whilst carrying luggage and an infant. Why the hurry Doubletree?
4 night trip Sep 19, 2014
"Great off season place to stay"
For a first time trip to Virginia Beach it was nice to be far enough away from the "traffic" but still close enough to get to every thing the area has to offer. The room was very comfortable which we find to be true of any Hilton hotel in which we have stayed. The staff was friendly and professional. The only negative was room service. We had to call to find out where our order was.
4 night romance trip Sep 17, 2014
"Very convenient to our event."
The staff, room and amenities were excellent, except it would really be nice to offer a continental breakfast. Thanks for the complimentary coffee.
1 night trip Sep 20, 2014
"Ok for the price"
A little to noisy, walls not well insulated. Bathroom floor was dirty and only two towers in the bathroom. Front receptionist had an attitude, she look like she didn't want to be there, bedrooms are too small for my taste. The pro are, is has a beautiful lobby, plenty of parking, security entrance door (must use your room card to get in) in the back, the pool was clean and water was warn.
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
"great fitness center"
Three treadmills, three ellipticals, two exercise bikes, decent free weights and a great Precor apparatus. Hotel condition was excellent. Next to Virginia Beach Convention Center. Two very good restaurants and a Food Lion nearby which offsets the lack of refrigerator / microwave.
5 night business trip Sep 14, 2014
J
"Bathroom floor & vent were dirty"
VERY dirty and disgusting bathroom floor; the vent on the wall was also dirty & voices from other rooms could be heard through it.
Other trip Sep 21, 2014
Stayed just one night, but the hotel was nice, the staff was friendly, and the room was clean. I think the only disappointment I had was that there was no refrigerator in the room. Otherwise, I'd stay there again, and likely that chance will come again soon.
Other trip Sep 20, 2014
"excellent when meeting at the Virginia Beach CC"
Great location but the PLANES, the PLANES!!!
5 night business trip Sep 9, 2014
Dolly
The hotel was great. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Love those warm cookies. Only problem was the TV service. The hotel was installing an new cable service, could not always get channels. They did send someone to fix it. Had a great vacation.
8 night trip Sep 3, 2014
Margaret
"parking lot"
Due to several gatherings that was being held, parking space was bad just about everyday.
6 night business trip Sep 1, 2014
"Just okay"
The hotel room wasn't very clean, there were toenails and hair on the carpet. The shower was ridiculous. I am 5 feet 5 in and I had to duck under the shower head. No fridge or microwave. Hardly any towels in the room or at the pool. The pool water was very hot, 90 degrees, so we couldn't stay in more than a few minutes. They charged me a different rate than what was stated on the website for the second day. I will avoid Doubletree in the future.
2 night trip Aug 29, 2014
"no standard amenities"
My only negativity is that there were no microwaves or refrigerators. It would've been nice so you can keep food and drinks cold and not have to waste left over items.
3 night trip with friends Aug 28, 2014
stacy
"Great hotel right next to Convention Center"
The room was really nice and the food in the restaurant was great!
Other trip Sep 1, 2014