All hotels in Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States of America
1900 Pavilion Dr, Virginia Beach, VA, 23451, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9478

"GREAT"
only place i will stay
1 night romance trip Oct 18, 2014
mark
"Too noisy"
Doors slamed and wake you up!!! Kids screaming & running the halls.
2 night trip Oct 10, 2014
"Family vacation"
Our stay was pretty good. I wish I had known prior about the pet policy. One of the elevators smelled like urine and every time we walked to our room we heard dogs barking. We could also hear everything our neighbors said and did because the walls are paper thin. When they would close their door our beds would move. Other than that it was a decent stay and the friendly staff and copious amounts of Doubletree cookies made up for what annoyed us.
3 night trip Oct 11, 2014
Brandi
"GREAT, GREAT, GREAT!"
Hotel was GREAT! I am Military and this hotel always gives me honors without question. And the cookies were GREAT! Everything about this hotel I LOVE! I always stay at the Hilton or Double Tree and I am never disappointed.
3 night trip Oct 10, 2014
"bad service hotel"
I was highly disappointed about the service!!!!
2 night family trip Oct 10, 2014
"Great service"
We always stay here when we visit Virginia Beach. We enjoy the space and the efforts of the staff to accommodate all of our needs. They are friendly and professional!
1 night trip Oct 7, 2014
"And cookies!"
We have stayed here several times when attending conferences. The staff always seems spot on. The restaurant is good. The parking lot connects to the conference center parking lot so super convenient. There are a few restaurants within the 1/2 mile and of course tons just a little farther on. The hotel is clean and again the staff every time has been very professional, friendly, and helpful.
1 night trip Oct 4, 2014
"Great Staff"
Hotel was very nice and the staff was great, the air conditioning was a little slow in the room but not bad. Would definitely recommend.
1 night trip with friends Oct 4, 2014
Becca
"Perfect for my event!"
I was there for a conference at the Virginia Beach Convention Center; the hotel was literally 2 parking lots away. It's not on the beach but it's a 5 minute (or less) drive away. I thought it was great for the price. I had no problems at all.... Love the complimentary cookies!
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
Catherine
"it was a nice hotel, but not close to the beach."
As usual, the Dokkuble trees are always nice, and they have nice cookies and are generous with them.
Other trip Oct 1, 2014
"Next to Convention Center."
Excellent! Loved the pool! Very clean!!!
1 night trip with friends Sep 27, 2014
Chris Matherly
"Hilton Hostel"
Firstly, while my first nights stay at a Garden Inn Hilton in Suffolk, VA was fairly pleasant, both shower stalls of each, including this one in VA Beach, VA, had extremely poor drainage (clogged, likely with hair) and inside of 1-2 minutes feet were submerged with a fully open drain. They both took ~10 minutes to fully drain, afterward. Otherwise, 2/5 hotel staff encounters were pleasant and most enjoyable to have interaction with (front desk personnel, only). The bathroom in this establishment in VA Beach, VA, was improperly cleaned with caked-on soiled residue spots (as old dried soap or candle wax?) along the bottom of the walls and over much of the floor. Furthermore, the towel rack was meagerly clinging to its stripped wall-mounting hardware, room 633 (and all rooms ending in -33) are situated adjacent to the floors' main plumbing, vending and ice machines, and intermittent and most audible machine dinning was incensing. Additionally, without so much as a nock, the room-cleaning staff freely entered as my gf and I were exiting the shower at 07:30 am on a Saturday. Oh, and there was an interesting ~80 dB stuttering/screeching/banging noise emanating from the pluming that woke us twice that required turning on/off the shower water several times to silence the racket. Beside the additional cold/DAMP air that the "air conditioning" unit provided and the damp stale smell of the room, the stay was... adequate.
1 night trip Sep 19, 2014
Marine1
"Overall a nice stay but...."
...,you had to be an Olympic sprinter to use the elevators. By the time the bell rang, announcing which elevator car was opening, the doors would begin closing again. Difficult enough to squeeze in there by yourself; almost impossible whilst carrying luggage and an infant. Why the hurry Doubletree?
4 night trip Sep 19, 2014
"Great off season place to stay"
For a first time trip to Virginia Beach it was nice to be far enough away from the "traffic" but still close enough to get to every thing the area has to offer. The room was very comfortable which we find to be true of any Hilton hotel in which we have stayed. The staff was friendly and professional. The only negative was room service. We had to call to find out where our order was.
4 night romance trip Sep 17, 2014
"Very convenient to our event."
The staff, room and amenities were excellent, except it would really be nice to offer a continental breakfast. Thanks for the complimentary coffee.
1 night trip Sep 20, 2014
"Ok for the price"
A little to noisy, walls not well insulated. Bathroom floor was dirty and only two towers in the bathroom. Front receptionist had an attitude, she look like she didn't want to be there, bedrooms are too small for my taste. The pro are, is has a beautiful lobby, plenty of parking, security entrance door (must use your room card to get in) in the back, the pool was clean and water was warn.
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
"great fitness center"
Three treadmills, three ellipticals, two exercise bikes, decent free weights and a great Precor apparatus. Hotel condition was excellent. Next to Virginia Beach Convention Center. Two very good restaurants and a Food Lion nearby which offsets the lack of refrigerator / microwave.
5 night business trip Sep 14, 2014
J
"Bathroom floor & vent were dirty"
VERY dirty and disgusting bathroom floor; the vent on the wall was also dirty & voices from other rooms could be heard through it.
Other trip Sep 21, 2014
Stayed just one night, but the hotel was nice, the staff was friendly, and the room was clean. I think the only disappointment I had was that there was no refrigerator in the room. Otherwise, I'd stay there again, and likely that chance will come again soon.
Other trip Sep 20, 2014
"excellent when meeting at the Virginia Beach CC"
Great location but the PLANES, the PLANES!!!
5 night business trip Sep 9, 2014
Dolly
The hotel was great. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Love those warm cookies. Only problem was the TV service. The hotel was installing an new cable service, could not always get channels. They did send someone to fix it. Had a great vacation.
8 night trip Sep 3, 2014
Margaret
"parking lot"
Due to several gatherings that was being held, parking space was bad just about everyday.
6 night business trip Sep 1, 2014
"Just okay"
The hotel room wasn't very clean, there were toenails and hair on the carpet. The shower was ridiculous. I am 5 feet 5 in and I had to duck under the shower head. No fridge or microwave. Hardly any towels in the room or at the pool. The pool water was very hot, 90 degrees, so we couldn't stay in more than a few minutes. They charged me a different rate than what was stated on the website for the second day. I will avoid Doubletree in the future.
2 night trip Aug 29, 2014
"no standard amenities"
My only negativity is that there were no microwaves or refrigerators. It would've been nice so you can keep food and drinks cold and not have to waste left over items.
3 night trip with friends Aug 28, 2014
stacy
"Great hotel right next to Convention Center"
The room was really nice and the food in the restaurant was great!
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
Charlene
"Smelly Comforter"
I asked for a cot/roll-away-bed and they gave me a thick mattress pad. That was fine. They gave me sheets. Those were fine. But then they gave me a smelly comforter that could not be used due to the stench of it. Why would they give their customer something like that? Very poor judgement on their part.
2 night trip Aug 22, 2014
Kiko
"Very nice hotel and staff"
All good. It is 0.8 miles from the beach, but the hotel has a shuttle that runs every 30 minutes all day until 10pm.
1 night trip Aug 22, 2014
"Meh"
It was ok but for the price we expected better attention to detail. Coffee was missing and housekeeping left trash from the previous occupant in the room. The hotel smelled like chemicals and there was a communication breakdown on our fridge request and delivery between housekeeping and the front desk. The hotel is in a good location and offered complimentary beach shuttle service every 30 minutes. Overall I'm sure they were just struggling with the end of summer rush and would stay there again albeit at lower prices.
2 night business trip Aug 22, 2014
"Very nice worth the price"
The room was very nice and clean. Tub drain stop did come off but no biggie to me. Hotel staff was friendly and helpful. Great location to the beach. will stay again.
3 night family trip Aug 16, 2014
Desiree Hartman
"Pretty average"
Initially we were assigned a room which had an odor of a smoker. Hotel staff was eager to help and switched our room immediately. Our "new" room did not have the smell and appeared to be clean; however during my stay when I looked under the beds to locate my remote I found old chip bag and candy wrappers which were left by the last guest. So, overall the room appeared to be clean except under the bed. Also, pillows were too soft and it was difficult to sleep on them. Overall the staff was very nice, but there were some obvious gaps in the cleanliness.
3 night trip Aug 14, 2014
Not good. from day one to day two sheets not changed sand in bed. Towels not changed. green scrub pad left in sink. Dolce Gabanna perfume stolen.
2 night trip Aug 12, 2014
KFed
"Next to the convention center."
My wife and I attended an event at the convention center over the weekend and the hotel was two blocks away, very convenient. The room was very nice, comfortable. The staff was friendly and accommodating. We did not get a chance to check out the rest of the motel(pool, restaurant, etc...) as we only stayed one night.
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
ManteoJoe
"Very good value"
The staff were always friendly and very welcoming. The hotel was in good shape and very clean. We loved that the hotel was so pet friendly as we traveled with our dog. The location is convenient to the beach, but not "on the beach". The surrounding neighborhood offered up a couple of good restaurants and was a quiet retreat from the crowds on the boardwalk. The price was excellent for what we got in return.
4 night family trip Aug 12, 2014
Nice stay at Virginia Beach. The shuttle service to the boardwalk was a bonus but it wasn't too far to walk, like 10 to 15 minutes. Enjoyed the pool as well.
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
Maid service was inadequate. There were no bath towels on arrival & none the 2nd day even with a request to front desk. Had to call for them upon my return @10 pm. No clean glasses or cup on both days. Yes I did tip the 1st day, but not the 2nd
3 night trip Aug 10, 2014
"quiet location with easy walk to the beach"
The Doubletree is a very nice hotel. In a quiet calm area about 8 blocks from the beach. Shuttle to beach runs every 1/2 hour and takes 5 minutes, walk is about 20 minutes through a nice area with skate park, surf shops, farmer's market, etc. Pleasant stroll to the craziness of the beach boardwalk area. It was nice being able to get away from that if you wanted. Taxi was $7 to hotel late at night after shuttle stopped running, but one night I even walked it and felt totally safe. Good spot. Will return.
1 night trip with friends Aug 7, 2014
BK
Pet friendly close to the beach
2 night family trip Aug 3, 2014
The mattress was way too soft! I called for another blanket and nobody answered at housekeeping or the front desk!
1 night trip Aug 4, 2014
neil
"Over all experience"
The hotel was great from the entered into the hotel. The cleanup lady Barbara on the third floor, was so welcoming and helpful. Our rooms were superclean for also for being a hotel that excepts animals. Five minutes in our room, front desk called up to see how we liked our room and on the next day was our anniversary and they brought us up fresh-baked cookies and drinks wishing us a happy anniversary. Everyone was friendly helpful and very loving to all animals. Free shuttle to the beach tell 10pm at night.. It's like a three minute ride and a two minute walk and close to everything. We will definitely be coming back to this hotel. Best hotel in Virginia Beach.
3 night family trip Jul 31, 2014
"Great Service"
Great staff from the housekeeping and front desk. Polite and professional especially the evening staff for the front desk. I love the eagerness to help from the lovely Concierge who gave all the information in town. I will stay again the next time I come back to VA beach.
2 night trip Aug 1, 2014
"Near beach however the rooms are small"
Guest service is good I would not recommend the restaurant there however the food is disgusting
Other trip Aug 6, 2014
Donnell
"Mediocre :("
*We purposefully chose the Doubletree by Hilton because of the hotel's reputation for high standards. The positives were the promptness of the shuttles (to and from the beach), the great service from Emma in Max and Erma's, and sweet Cynthia from housekeeping. While the lobby area, restaurant, pool, and fitness room were clean and up to date, our room was quite the opposite! It had outdated decor and needed maintenance (painting, caulking, light bulbs, odor). *We booked over a month ahead of time, for a 9 night stay, with small children, and had to resort to speaking to a manager for a small fridge for our baby's milk!!! We had a very late check in after a very long day of driving (hotel was aware of this), the people at the front desk were quite cold and unwelcoming (only 1 young man went out of his way to greet us and other guests warmly as they arrived!). We were there 5 days before we accidentally discovered there was complimentary coffee or other beverages available in the restaurant! *For the first few days we could not get housekeeping to our room until the evening!! We were a family of four in 1 room, it was necessary. When we called the front desk to request an earlier time, they just yelled at the housekeeper on our floor! The poor woman had no help! No wonder she couldn't get to us soon enough! There is no reason a reputable hotel like this should be so short staffed, while boasting having a full hotel. Hire more help and keep your customers happy!
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
Gopoulos
"Not bad for the money."
The hotel wasn't bad for the price. The location was convenient and quiet. The staff was a bit unappreciative of guests. I had to call for towels twice during a weekend visit and once for a broken coffee maker and all three times the front desk made me feel like I was annoying them. All in all it was just an average hotel with average staff. Nothing to really brag about.
"Local was great and I loved my room & the service."
I felt that my room was nice and clean. Service was outstanding.
Danielle
perfect
3 night trip Jul 24, 2014
Dennis
"no mini fridge"
ok but no minifridge they need to correct that
3 night family trip Jul 22, 2014
"I love jet noise lol"
The hotel is in a great location, easy to get to the beach and the staff were friendly except for the front desk person who called to tell me at 3am that my 4 year old was playing on the phone. After apologizing repeatedly she was rude in telling me she was getting annoyed. He is only a child. Other than that great place just be prepared to hear jets flying around at all hours.
2 night trip Jul 22, 2014
Ron
The staff at the hotel were all friendly and eager to help in any way possible. The beds were comfortable but would have been nicer to have a queen bed instead of double beds. Other than that the hotel was great.
2 night trip Jul 21, 2014
"Not that great"
Nothing special. Not worth the price, I expected more from a hilton hotel. Bathroom floor was dirty. Would not stay there again.
1 night business trip Jul 19, 2014
Not happy , there was no microwave , we were put on the waiting list but never got one. No little refrigerator , bedding was dirty and stained, very nasty to sleep there.
1 night family trip Jul 19, 2014