All hotels in Middletown, Rhode Island, United States of America
1185 W Main Rd, Middletown, RI, 02842, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9482

"convenient to Newport"
Convenience
2 night romance trip Oct 17, 2014
"Clean, comfortable, and convenient."
This was our second stay at this Travelodge. It is just minutes away from downtown Newport in a quiet location. The staff was helpful and the room was great. Breakfast was not too fancy but appreciated. Would definitely recommend.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
"Comfortable place to stay"
Nice room with a comfortable bed for a simple nights stay. Fridge and microwave are a nice touch, although we didn't need them. Good location, only a few miles from Newport and the mansions. Good breakfast that exceeds most budget hotels. Includes a make your own fresh waffle machine, bagels, cream cheese, Danish, fresh fruit and the normal assortments of cereals. Staff very friendly. A cut above the other 2 star hotels. I recommend it. Found a few dead pill bugs on the bathroom floor, but no bed bugs. Heater A/C unit is a bit loud and cycles all night.
1 night family trip Oct 16, 2014
ROBERT
"Clean but too expensive"
I suppose hotel rooms are just expensive in this area, but the room was definitely overpriced. It was nice and the hosts were very helpful. I just expected a bit more for $200 a night.
2 night trip with friends Oct 11, 2014
"One nite stay"
Convenient but expensive.... It was only place available for the nite.
1 night family trip Oct 11, 2014
linda
"it was a hotel room. nothing special."
it was just a hotel room. nothing special. morning breakfast was ok.
Other trip Oct 10, 2014
"ok"
Door latch broken. Clock broken. Hot water only warm. Rickety wooden stairs. Not enough light to read.
2 night trip Oct 2, 2014
"Ok for one night last minute booking"
Ok for the one night stay, room was clean hotel outdated Way overpriced at $170/night
1 night trip Sep 20, 2014
KO
"10 minutes to visiter center"
Decided to stay a second night
1 night family trip Sep 17, 2014
I attempted to check in prior to the "official check-in time" and was told that I would HAVE TO TAKE AN UPGRADE in order to check in prior to the official check-in time! INSANE!!! I had been in the area and had all my clothing, luggage, etc. in the car for HOURS! Both the tub AND sink did not drain properly and I stood in a pond to get a shower. I brought it to the attention of the front desk who assured me that they'd take care of it! N-O-T! The faucet in the tub dripped ALL NIGHT! A-N-D no one came in to clean, or take out the trash. I had made the bed, so they didn't have to do THAT . . . they didn't even take out the trash! This location was recommended . . . and I'm ORIGINALLY FROM THIS TOWN! Unbelievable. Not sure management knows what they are doing. I knew the location and knew that it would be convenient to lots of things and was only a few miles from Newport. The location was not an issue at all....it was the lack of professionalism on the part of management and the lack of people doing their jobs (cleaning).
2 night trip Sep 15, 2014
"Hotel rooms that open to a parking lot"
Nice hotel ruined by hotel rooms that open onto a parking lot, leading to rude and obnoxious behavior by other guests,such as beeping their car horns,shouting from their cars to people in the hotel rooms, and glaring headlights as people parked in front of their hotel rooms.
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
We were given a room under stairs on first floor.dark and gloomy.Two lights in Br one not working (not enough light.) In morning small ants crawling on bedside table. Went to front desk.clerk very accommodating ,moved us to the second floor.Room 100 percent Improved.very clean.
Other trip Sep 15, 2014
"nice hotel close to all attractions in Newport RI."
Clean rooms good service our room was cleaned every day. Very good breakfast included.
Other trip Sep 13, 2014
This is an older motel -- a classic design, but a little worn-looking these days -- but it was clean and the price was much better than other hotels in the area. We were very satisfied. It was a short and easy car drive from this hotel to Newport, where the hotels cost five or six times as much.
1 night trip Sep 6, 2014
"Would stay here again!"
Front desk staff very helpful, clean rooms, fridge,microwave. Were going to give me 2nd floor room, I needed 1st floor for physical reasons, very accommodating
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
Becky
"Cheap and reflects it"
First thing that caught my attention was the smell - cheap perfume. Once I got home (after 2 days) I had to wash my SUITCASE because the kids said it stunk. Nice. And don't turn on the heat - because then it smells like cheap perfume on fire. Ugh. Pillows: Huge and rock hard. Great if I had a neck condition that required me to sleep with my neck at a 90 degree angle. Painful otherwise. I gave up and used the spare blanket as a pillow. My husband suffered through and complained all weekend about his neck/back. Bed: similarly rocklike. At least it was flat. Cleanliness: Other than the smell, it was OK. Bath: Super low toilet which didn't bother me but would anyone with knee problems. Tub drain leaked so couldn't take a bath - which was a real disappointment for me. Next time I'll pay more to stay somewhere nicer. Just not having to exist in that nauseating smell would be worth it! Truly a sad hotel experience.
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
"This is Motel not a hotel"
After reaching realized it is a Motel rather than hotel.
1 night trip Aug 28, 2014
"Excellent Budget Friendly Hotel"
It's shocking that such an inexpensive hotel could be so conveniently located in Newport/Middletown. The room was modern, updated with a flat screen tv, microwave, and mini fridge. Didn't use the pool, though it did seem a tad small, but who needs a pool when the beach is 10 minutes away. Big plus, the girl at the front desk was extremely friendly, gave us tips on what to see/do, and managed to get our room ready before the 3pm check in. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others in the future.
Other trip Sep 3, 2014
LeeLee
"Affordable Hotel Near Newport"
This hotel is within 15 minutes of Thames Street and 5-10 minutes of First and Second Beach. Great location and even better prices. When most hotels are charging $450 you can get this place for $150. Sure you have to drive a little ways, but if you're just using it to sleep, this is a great spot. Clean, simple, cheap, and comfortable.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
DAN
"Decent and convenient"
Just right for a weekend visit to Newport and a show
2 night trip with friends Aug 16, 2014
"great location"
excellent management
2 night trip Aug 21, 2014
"Good for the price..."
I booked 2 rooms here for my bachelorette weekend. There were 8 girls and no one really could complain. The rooms were very inexpensive (we paid $115/person for the whole weekend) for what you get and the proximity of Newport. There was a decent outdoor pool and lots of restaurants and stores in the area. The hotel staff was nice but you have to go to the office to get any items needed (extra towels, toilet paper, etc). The rooms are okay - we had two of the newer style rooms and they looked good but there were a few tiny problems (paint spots missing, carpet rips, scratches/dings) but nothing major. If you're looking for a cheap and easy place with mediocre expectations it's a good stay. We had fun! It's also very close to Newport center and great places in Middletown. (Atlantic Beach Club is only a 5-10 minute drive)
2 night trip with friends Aug 22, 2014
Amanda Mowry
"Green Pool in Season."
Stayed in height of Season, payed height of season prices. Pool was green. Poor cell service and Wifi in rooms. Won't go back.
Other trip Aug 28, 2014
"EVERYTHING GREAT.......EXCEPT......."
Very pleasant stay. Updated room, in all significant respects...beyond expectations for a "budget" motel (Newport area is NOT cheap). Outside clean, but bland. Room, however, has had recent facelift, and looks good. Clean, quiet, comfortable. Breakfast a bit better than average "budget" scenario. The one drawback.....charged, at check-in, for use of room safe. RIDICULOUS !!!!! A small charge, but annoying. Not listed on website, these guys must be taking lessons from the airline industry. Check-in attendant was courteous, but not what you'd call friendly. These small things make a difference, and overlooking them is not a smart idea.
Other trip Aug 27, 2014
Roscoe
"Pleasant Stay"
We enjoyed our 2 night stay at Travelodge in Middletown RI. The room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was offered, but we did not eat there other than coffee in the AM. There is no elevator, which may be a problem for some. The staff was courteous at all times. I would stay there again without hesitation.
2 night trip Aug 20, 2014
Eliiza
Everything good, esp at this price. Internet down almost daily for a few hours
3 night trip Aug 17, 2014
This hotel is great. It is quiet and nice location would stay again.
2 night trip Aug 17, 2014
Marcie
"pretty good"
It was very convenient. The room was clean, quiet, pretty comfortable. The breakfast was pretty standard (nothing exciting, but a good amount of variety). The breakfast had great hours though- you could wake up early or sleep in a little later and not miss it.
2 night romance trip Aug 16, 2014
BB
"Disappointing"
This was one of my worse experiences at a hotel in a long time. Was overpriced for what we received. Could not get a comfortable temperature in our room. Pool is unbelievable small, the picture on the web is deceiving! WIFI was incredibly slow or not working at all. My wife and I use IPads, most times could not get connected or if we did took forever too load anything.
Other trip Aug 20, 2014
"Newport"
Room was relatively clean. Carpet desperately needed professional cleaning. Water ran continuously in tub. TV was updated to HD flat screen while we were there. Continental breakfast only so-so.
2 night trip Aug 15, 2014
"Very basic"
This hotel is very old. The pool is tiny, doesn't look like picture on website at all. When we checked in, there was no TV remote. The staff was very helpful and did get us one but had to "find" it and then reprogram it. There was no welcome book to list area restaurants and no TV guide for channels. They advertise free HBO but you have no idea what channel that is unless you ask. It was an old TV from 15 years ago. We obviously didn't go to watch TV but when you're in the room, we like to have it on especially at night before bed. It was definitely not worth the money. Would have paid more for a higher quality hotel.
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
"Good location on a budget"
The motel was what we needed.. Less then 10 mins from newports attractions. The breakfast was a nice surprise.. Much nicer then other motels ive stayed at. i also used the outdoor pool which was well maintained
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
Dee
"beach"
hotel was close to beach and town. they are in the process of renovation so a little rough around the edges. the coffee was horrible but the breakfast was ok.
4 night trip Aug 5, 2014
rachel
"I like the location, everything is near by"
Breakfast was awesome, love the new upgrade on televisions
Other trip Aug 14, 2014
ann
"Trifle worn, but still quite nice"
As my title indicates, my room was showing very minor signs of wear, but overall was very nice! Staff was helpful. Overall: Totally worth the $90 I spent on this Sunday night in August. I don't think there's anything close in price that would have been acceptable in the entire county.
Other trip Aug 13, 2014
L
"No bang for my buck"
I feel a little generous with the review I'm giving but I know that my experience could have been much worse. Apparently it was recently renovated. The only things that seemed "renovated" about it was the beds and headboard. I called ahead of time to confirm my reservation which was met by a friendly staffer. When I finally checked in, they had known ahead of time that I had a party of four and only managed to provide towels for three. On the first day, the bathroom lights were acting weird, on and off. The following day, after a long day of tours, we just wanted to relax and shower. The lights didn't even work and we had to call the desk to get it attended to. That was probably the biggest turn off. It took about 10minutes to get power back in the room. At least the nights were quiet although we could hear others walking outside on the wooden floor. This place needs a major upgrade because the price did not match the experience.
2 night trip with friends Aug 8, 2014
Tristan
"Nice Hotel For A Short Stay!!"
I brought my family out to Newport, Rhode Island for a weekend (and it was the most amount of boats and yachts I've seen outside of Mystic, Connecticut which we stopped at on the way there). I was just looking for an affordable hotel, where the rates were manageable for 2 rooms and 1 night, especially in Newport where the rates can get a bit insane, as I would expect to pay those rates for a more luxurious place like Las Vegas. We came an hour before the 3PM check-in time but were still setup within 20 minutes, so no issues. Parking was free and we found spots right near our rooms. The rooms were pretty clean, and full with the amenities you would expect. I read a review here regarding the old tube televisions they had, which looks like they threw outside when we arrived, and both our rooms had Samsung 32 inch flat screens. The rooms and the beds were comfortable and furnished well. Fast free WiFi! Expedia has this hotel as 2 and half stars, but I'm glad I looked at the Tripadvisor rating as well, as was over 3 stars so between the Ambassador Inn and the Ramada, I took a chance on this one. Breakfast was all you can expect, and with coffee, waffles, boiled eggs, danish and muffins, I was happy. The pool was pretty small (smaller than what the picture may imply) but we took advantage of the local beaches. In summary, it's just a place to sleep in, and you don't take a long drive to Newport just to sleep at the hotel. We were pretty pleased. We expected worse.
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
Ezra
"2 Nights in Middletown, RI"
Nice breakfast options in a.m.; overall clean room. Top Latch-lock was broken - felt a little unsecure since exterior doors. Clean pool and pool area.
2 night family trip Jul 29, 2014
"Much better then expected"
Book this hotel! It was so much better then I expected. The room was relatively modern. (Except tube tv but who cares and I believe they are switching those out). The room felt new and very ckean. I travel slot for work and one thing that bugs me us when I walk into a room and it us warm and smells like cleaning products. Honestly that us what I was expecting. Except I walked in and it was freezing but I loved it. It was mud August and so hot and humid out. It wAs do nice to unpack and cool down. This places is what it is. A cheap place to stay when I. Town for a couple if days.
1 night trip Aug 7, 2014
Wish it had a working washer and dryer. Kids loved the pool. Service was very good.
3 night trip Aug 4, 2014
Linda gershuny
Large room, clean ...nice staff and free breakfast...the only remark is the mold smell in the room.otherwise, the kids loved the pool and we enjoy our stay.
1 night trip with friends Aug 5, 2014
Sylvie
"college visit and family trip"
local college visit with the family. this hotel is about 10 minutes from town and 20 minutes from Univ of RI. Hotel was quiet. Very, very clean. 3 night stay
Other trip Aug 8, 2014
Ginger
"okay hotel standard"
There was only one high chair at breakfast and it was crowded. We were on the first floor and we had children running back and forth on the second floor and it was very noisy. We requested in advance a handicapped room and two double beds which we did not receive. We alos asked for a baby cot which was not in the room but they did bring it once we arrived.
2 night family trip Aug 3, 2014
Terri Davis
"Great hotel for a stay in Newport"
We stayed here for 3 nights when we came to Newport Folk Festival. The staff was so friendly and accommodating. The breakfast was fine, nothing fancy but did the trick. And the rooms were pretty comfortable and clean. Would definitely stay here again.
2 night romance trip Jul 25, 2014
Emily
"Terrible smell"
Teerible smell and dirty. Not as pictures..............................
steve
"One stay for a conference."
I was going to nearby Newport, RI for a conference. I had stayed at this hotel before. It's very easy to find, and there are lots of restaurants nearby. The room is pretty basic, but it was very clean. The staff was friendly and helpful about giving directions and tips for nearby dining. There were also free copies of the Providence Journal newspaper, if you wanted one. I would recommend this hotel to a friend, and I will be staying here again next year.
Other trip Jul 30, 2014
"great Folk Fest weekend"
Travelodge was the perfect location to stay for the festival. the front desk folks were friendly and informative. breakfast was decent. the only complaint was our room smelled a bit musty. would stay again.
2 night trip with friends Jul 25, 2014
Nicole
"Good for the price"
Price well within budget. the room was very clean and modern. however the breakfast was very limited and the pool was half the size of what was pictured on the website as well as having no patio space. good for the price but would not stay again
Other trip Jul 26, 2014
"Family vacation"
I would not recommend this hotel to anyone traveling with children or if you plan to stay in the rooms for long periods of time. We arrived at about 9pm with three children who were ready for bed and the desk clerk was away for about 15 minutes. When we finally got into our room you could hear everything going on in the hallway, rooms around us and outside. At 2:30am it sounded like there were people playing soccer in the hallway above us. The rooms were clean but dingy and out dated. Thank god we were only there to sleep as we were on our way to another destination. We travel a lot during the summer and this is by far the worst hotel we have been to for the price. It is way over priced and reminded me of a pay by the hour hotel. If you are not with children, need a quick place to crash and don't mind noise you could roll the dice at this place.
2 night trip Jul 18, 2014
JP
"Nice hotel near Newport"
Was looking for less expensive hotel convenient to Newport. This hotel was still pricey for basically a motel (drive up in front of door to room), but Newport in the summer months evidently demands these higher prices. Read that the hotel had been recently remodeled and found the room very nice and updated (other than older tv-which was fine & an individual in the wall air -conditioner, which cooled fine). Bed was comfortable with updated new bedding. It fit the bill for our needs.
Other trip Jul 22, 2014