All hotels in Middletown, Rhode Island, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here1185 W Main Rd, Middletown, RI, 02842, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9482

"Very basic"
This hotel is very old. The pool is tiny, doesn't look like picture on website at all. When we checked in, there was no TV remote. The staff was very helpful and did get us one but had to "find" it and then reprogram it. There was no welcome book to list area restaurants and no TV guide for channels. They advertise free HBO but you have no idea what channel that is unless you ask. It was an old TV from 15 years ago. We obviously didn't go to watch TV but when you're in the room, we like to have it on especially at night before bed. It was definitely not worth the money. Would have paid more for a higher quality hotel.
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
"Good location on a budget"
The motel was what we needed.. Less then 10 mins from newports attractions. The breakfast was a nice surprise.. Much nicer then other motels ive stayed at. i also used the outdoor pool which was well maintained
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
Dee
"beach"
hotel was close to beach and town. they are in the process of renovation so a little rough around the edges. the coffee was horrible but the breakfast was ok.
4 night trip Aug 5, 2014
rachel
"I like the location, everything is near by"
Breakfast was awesome, love the new upgrade on televisions
Other trip Aug 14, 2014
ann
"Trifle worn, but still quite nice"
As my title indicates, my room was showing very minor signs of wear, but overall was very nice! Staff was helpful. Overall: Totally worth the $90 I spent on this Sunday night in August. I don't think there's anything close in price that would have been acceptable in the entire county.
Other trip Aug 13, 2014
L
"No bang for my buck"
I feel a little generous with the review I'm giving but I know that my experience could have been much worse. Apparently it was recently renovated. The only things that seemed "renovated" about it was the beds and headboard. I called ahead of time to confirm my reservation which was met by a friendly staffer. When I finally checked in, they had known ahead of time that I had a party of four and only managed to provide towels for three. On the first day, the bathroom lights were acting weird, on and off. The following day, after a long day of tours, we just wanted to relax and shower. The lights didn't even work and we had to call the desk to get it attended to. That was probably the biggest turn off. It took about 10minutes to get power back in the room. At least the nights were quiet although we could hear others walking outside on the wooden floor. This place needs a major upgrade because the price did not match the experience.
2 night trip with friends Aug 8, 2014
Tristan
"Nice Hotel For A Short Stay!!"
I brought my family out to Newport, Rhode Island for a weekend (and it was the most amount of boats and yachts I've seen outside of Mystic, Connecticut which we stopped at on the way there). I was just looking for an affordable hotel, where the rates were manageable for 2 rooms and 1 night, especially in Newport where the rates can get a bit insane, as I would expect to pay those rates for a more luxurious place like Las Vegas. We came an hour before the 3PM check-in time but were still setup within 20 minutes, so no issues. Parking was free and we found spots right near our rooms. The rooms were pretty clean, and full with the amenities you would expect. I read a review here regarding the old tube televisions they had, which looks like they threw outside when we arrived, and both our rooms had Samsung 32 inch flat screens. The rooms and the beds were comfortable and furnished well. Fast free WiFi! Expedia has this hotel as 2 and half stars, but I'm glad I looked at the Tripadvisor rating as well, as was over 3 stars so between the Ambassador Inn and the Ramada, I took a chance on this one. Breakfast was all you can expect, and with coffee, waffles, boiled eggs, danish and muffins, I was happy. The pool was pretty small (smaller than what the picture may imply) but we took advantage of the local beaches. In summary, it's just a place to sleep in, and you don't take a long drive to Newport just to sleep at the hotel. We were pretty pleased. We expected worse.
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
Ezra
"2 Nights in Middletown, RI"
Nice breakfast options in a.m.; overall clean room. Top Latch-lock was broken - felt a little unsecure since exterior doors. Clean pool and pool area.
2 night family trip Jul 29, 2014
"Much better then expected"
Book this hotel! It was so much better then I expected. The room was relatively modern. (Except tube tv but who cares and I believe they are switching those out). The room felt new and very ckean. I travel slot for work and one thing that bugs me us when I walk into a room and it us warm and smells like cleaning products. Honestly that us what I was expecting. Except I walked in and it was freezing but I loved it. It was mud August and so hot and humid out. It wAs do nice to unpack and cool down. This places is what it is. A cheap place to stay when I. Town for a couple if days.
1 night trip Aug 7, 2014
Wish it had a working washer and dryer. Kids loved the pool. Service was very good.
3 night trip Aug 4, 2014
Linda gershuny
Large room, clean ...nice staff and free breakfast...the only remark is the mold smell in the room.otherwise, the kids loved the pool and we enjoy our stay.
1 night trip with friends Aug 5, 2014
Sylvie
"college visit and family trip"
local college visit with the family. this hotel is about 10 minutes from town and 20 minutes from Univ of RI. Hotel was quiet. Very, very clean. 3 night stay
Other trip Aug 8, 2014
Ginger
"okay hotel standard"
There was only one high chair at breakfast and it was crowded. We were on the first floor and we had children running back and forth on the second floor and it was very noisy. We requested in advance a handicapped room and two double beds which we did not receive. We alos asked for a baby cot which was not in the room but they did bring it once we arrived.
2 night family trip Aug 3, 2014
Terri Davis
"Great hotel for a stay in Newport"
We stayed here for 3 nights when we came to Newport Folk Festival. The staff was so friendly and accommodating. The breakfast was fine, nothing fancy but did the trick. And the rooms were pretty comfortable and clean. Would definitely stay here again.
2 night romance trip Jul 25, 2014
Emily
"Terrible smell"
Teerible smell and dirty. Not as pictures..............................
steve
"One stay for a conference."
I was going to nearby Newport, RI for a conference. I had stayed at this hotel before. It's very easy to find, and there are lots of restaurants nearby. The room is pretty basic, but it was very clean. The staff was friendly and helpful about giving directions and tips for nearby dining. There were also free copies of the Providence Journal newspaper, if you wanted one. I would recommend this hotel to a friend, and I will be staying here again next year.
Other trip Jul 30, 2014
"great Folk Fest weekend"
Travelodge was the perfect location to stay for the festival. the front desk folks were friendly and informative. breakfast was decent. the only complaint was our room smelled a bit musty. would stay again.
2 night trip with friends Jul 25, 2014
Nicole
"Good for the price"
Price well within budget. the room was very clean and modern. however the breakfast was very limited and the pool was half the size of what was pictured on the website as well as having no patio space. good for the price but would not stay again
Other trip Jul 26, 2014
"Family vacation"
I would not recommend this hotel to anyone traveling with children or if you plan to stay in the rooms for long periods of time. We arrived at about 9pm with three children who were ready for bed and the desk clerk was away for about 15 minutes. When we finally got into our room you could hear everything going on in the hallway, rooms around us and outside. At 2:30am it sounded like there were people playing soccer in the hallway above us. The rooms were clean but dingy and out dated. Thank god we were only there to sleep as we were on our way to another destination. We travel a lot during the summer and this is by far the worst hotel we have been to for the price. It is way over priced and reminded me of a pay by the hour hotel. If you are not with children, need a quick place to crash and don't mind noise you could roll the dice at this place.
2 night trip Jul 18, 2014
JP
"Nice hotel near Newport"
Was looking for less expensive hotel convenient to Newport. This hotel was still pricey for basically a motel (drive up in front of door to room), but Newport in the summer months evidently demands these higher prices. Read that the hotel had been recently remodeled and found the room very nice and updated (other than older tv-which was fine & an individual in the wall air -conditioner, which cooled fine). Bed was comfortable with updated new bedding. It fit the bill for our needs.
Other trip Jul 22, 2014
J
"Wouldn't stay again"
This motel is old with old furnishings and a tube tv. The ground floor room smelled mildewy. The continental breakfast had very few healthy choices. The pool was cloudy couldn't see the bottom. Would not stay there again. In my daughter's words, it was gross.
2 night trip Jul 11, 2014
Betty
"Great location and service for the price"
When we first arrived, 2 hours early, the staff was incredibly helpful and had our room ready for us. Throughout our 4 day and 3 night stay, the staff went above and beyond what was expected. The rooms were very modern looking and spacious. The bathroom looked like it was next on the list to fix up but still offered a clean and spacious area to get ready. If we go back to Newport for this event, they can expect us back again! You'll pay half the rate of being in Newport and only be 10 mins away.
3 night business trip Jul 10, 2014
"Decent room for a fair price"
The room was nice, seems recently renovated. Beds were comfortable and bathroom was clean. Heating/Cooling worked well, noise from neighbors did not carry through the walls. Lots of choices for breakfast. Pool was small but clean. I would stay here again.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
We found the Travelodge to be inexpensive and quite adequate. It is located on a "strip route" but "it is what it is" and for the price and location is fine. We were here for a Newport wedding. The room was nothing fancy but fine with Wifi, a fridge, microwave and fine TV.
Other trip Jul 13, 2014
jan
"Nice hotel to stay at!"
It was a wonderful place to stay. I also liked the continental breakfast that was included!
Other trip Jul 13, 2014
Rosalie
"Not horrible"
Travelodge is in a great location, close to all types of restaurants and major shopping stores. The beds were a little hard on my lower back, and the continental breakfast was "ok" but IHop is a few blocks away. It can be challenging exiting the driveway onto the busy road, so patience is a must. Only minutes from beaches and Newport so not a problem and cheaper than staying in Newport. I didn't get sound sleep due to the bed discomfort. Would stay again if just for one night. 4 nights was too much for my back.
4 night trip Jul 5, 2014
Sleepless in RI
"Great inexpensive place to stay"
The place was very clean and the front desk clerk was accommodating. It is less than a 10 minute ride to downtown Newport. I also saved a "ton" of money staying here than in a place in downtown Newport. I enjoyed my overnight stay there and would book a room there again.
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
Nice place for the $$ close to everythinh
1 night trip Jul 2, 2014
Rae
"Pleasant stay"
I wasn't quite sure what to expect as I usually stay at hotels such as Marriott. The service was excellent, the room was clean and updated and the location was convenient. The pool was smaller then expected but still okay. This was a good choice rather than paying double the price at another hotel for the weekend.
2 night trip Jun 27, 2014
"Under renovation"
It looked like they were working on the exterior. My room was newly done and everyone was very nice. I would stay here again. Clean neat and nice people. Maybe a little older, but I'm good with that
2 night business trip Jun 29, 2014
"Nice simple hotel that's comfy and convenient."
Pleasant stay, nice staff, great location, comfy rooms.
Other trip Jul 1, 2014
Ken
"Dated but nice. Management very accommodating."
Room was upgraded due to leaking faucet in bathroom. Given a suite toaccomodate us.
Other trip Jul 1, 2014
Roy
"Nothing special"
Check-in staff was extremely rude. Room was not very clean. Booked three nights, ended up only staying one. Not a great experience.
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
AE
"Trip to wedding"
The hosts were very helpful and courteous. We enjoyed our stay and recommend this hotel to others.
2 night trip Jun 20, 2014
"Clean Hotel/Good Value"
Nice king bed room with good linens. Old style box TV - but then I didn't come to Newport to watch shows in a room. All sorts of conveniences nearby like fast food, gas stations, movie theaters and franchise stores. 4 miles from downtown Newport and easy to get around.
Other trip Jun 29, 2014
Mel
"Close to Newport, RI and easy drive to local spots"
We would stay there again. Breakfast was very good. Room clean, but had a slight musky ordor. Staff was helpful. We celebrated our 58th anniversary there.
Other trip Jun 26, 2014
Dick
"Overall pleased with my stay"
Hotel is somewhat old but appeared to be maintained. Room was clean and for the price overall pleased.
3 night trip Jun 19, 2014
"Run down and shouldn't have been rented out."
After spending a very long time in the lobby waiting for the hotel personnel ( who was polite and calm) to find my reservation that had been lost, I went to the room. The door was dirty with fingerprints which could have easily been washed if it had ever been paid attention to.The first floor room had curtains that didn't close all the way. I had to pin them shut so passers by couldn't just look in. The room smelled funky. The couch was too smelly to sit on without me putting a towel on it before I did so. A child who had been there on an earlier stay had written on the desk chair with a pen, but it had never been cleaned, so that seating was useless too. The bedspread was very questionable, but that could have been my impression from the condition of the rest of the room.The bathroom door stuck (badly). Three out of the four lights/fans in the bathroom didn't work. The sink barely drained. We needed to get to our event, so we just figured we'd endure it. It would only be for one night. Upon checkout, I mentioned the condition of the room to the desk attendant. He said that the room was slated for renovation. This room should never have been rented out in the condition it was in. I won't go back to a travel lodge hotel.
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
"good"
We were here for 3 days and nights. Staff was very nice. Room was big and clean. Would stay there again if we get back to this area.
1 night business trip Jun 12, 2014
"Pleased returning customers"
Two years in a row staying here while visiting Newport. Great location, just 7-10 minutes drive from everything you need in Newport. Very close to Anthony's Seafood restaurant, which was a great recommendation of the Front Desk manager last year. I have a feeling that we might return one day)) Working at the travel industry, always a nice surprise to find great budget spot, when traveling just for 1 night. I really hope that the other rooms are in exactly the same condition as the ones that we have stayed. Nice hotel deserves to be booked every time you are in Newport/Middletown area.
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
Olya
"Travelodge Newport, Rhode Island"
The pool wasn't even up and running, with two small children a pool is a necessity! We had requested two queen beds and got two doubles. The hotel staff was nowhere to be found on the day of check out. This hotel was cheap, and probably worth the price but traveling across the country for me to stay here wasn't worth it.
Other trip Jun 7, 2014
Tiffany
Good
1 night trip Jun 2, 2014
"Good for the price..."
It is what it is...it was close to Newport and easy to get in and out of town. The hotel was so, so, but it was good for the price. It served it's purpose. It was clean and safe, but other than that, not much to write home about!
3 night business trip May 29, 2014
"ok"
It was what we expected. A little pricey.
1 night business trip May 30, 2014
"Clean and Quiet"
The staff was very friendly and the room was clean and comfortable. Peaceful and quiet atmosphere. We were attending a graduation in Providence and commute was easy..
2 night trip May 23, 2014
Claudette
"Good Value Stopover near Newport"
The room was clean, comfortable, and served its purpose as a reasonably priced, last-minute stopover within close driving distance of Newport, Rhode Island.
1 night trip May 25, 2014
"Very nice hotel."
Everything was great for a budget hotel. No need further details.
Neeta
"Very nice hotel"
Hotel staff is very respectful. This guy guided us patiently how to get to the hotel as we did not have a GPS whatsoever. Eventhough it was very late, he kept smiling and did not feel bothered. The breakfast is OK as usual for a budget hotel. The facilities are clean. The room/bed/bathroom are also clean.
Neeta
"close to 2 public golf courses"
Clean and quiet with comfortable beds at a great price, just what a group of golfers was looking for on a weekend trip. It's close to two good public courses and an easy straight shot into Newport.
"convenient to Newport"
Reasonably priced and convenient to Newport. Front desk was very nice and interested in our feedback. Typical roadside motel. Cereal, breads, waffles, juice, coffee and tea for breakfast. Would be nice to have some boiled eggs for protein.
1 night business trip May 20, 2014