All hotels in Middletown, Rhode Island, United States of America

• Value
    Rather comfortable
    Breakfast is average
    Room is all right
"hotel stay at Middletown, RI"
I enjoyed my stay at this hotel, centrally located and close to restaurants and shops. The drive to Newport is not that far either. Was surprised at the breakfast items offered:excellent. One of the male staff (indian???)was not too friendly. Not used to people who do not smile when speaking to guests. Room was great. TV stations in room: junk.
Other trip Aug 6, 2015
People behind desk were very friendly and helpful.
2 night romance trip Jul 31, 2015
"It's ok"
the hotel itself was fine, but the staff was rude. I definitely would not stay here again.
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
Bare bones as expected but nearly unbearable strong antiseptic odor
1 night family trip Jul 27, 2015
Harry
this is my third time staying at this hotel. it is the perfect location for Newport Folk Festival. they have updated the hotel over the years, but it still is a bit rundown. it suits my needs for the festival though.
2 night trip with friends Jul 24, 2015
Nicole
"Good Hotel for a Great Price, Close to Everything."
A Great Value for the Area. Nick @ the Front Desk goes out of his way to take care of your needs. The room is kept spotless & stocked with fresh Towels by Lidia the Housekeeper They have Breakfast. ie: Bagels, asst. baked goods, cereals, Coffee, OJ & even a self service waffle maker included in your stay. The pool is small but definitely sufficient for a quick dip. Hotel is a 5 minute drive to center of Newport, 2nd Beach & not far from other points of interest in the area. Again the Staff Make it an even Better & Enjoyable Stay! Keep up the Great Work.
Other trip Aug 1, 2015
Norm
"Good Basic Motel"
Very clean. Good breakfast. Room was small but updated. Nice flat screen TV. The pool is smaller than it looked in the pictures and used by many guests. It overlooks the parking lot and does not have shade except for 2 tables with umbrellas. If steep stairs are an issue for you, ask for a room on the first floor. Front Desk staff was friendly.
3 night family trip Jul 19, 2015
It was good for what we needed. Couldn't afford to stay in Newport, so this worked out just fine.
2 night family trip Jul 26, 2015
"For that much money you should get a good bed"
Overpriced. The bed was the worst one I've ever had in a motel. It is clearly worn out and needs to be replaced. We were in Room 117. The service was good and the location worked well for what we wanted to do.
3 night romance trip Jul 24, 2015
Fred
"Mediocre"
We were disappointed with the overall look of the hotel. The outside was rundown and just seemed as though it lacked class. The pool area was very small and not enough room to accommodate families and other guests. Chairs would have been nice to have outside each room for lounging at night. The breakfast area was crowded and the food wasn't good. I would not consider returning again.
5 night romance trip Jul 19, 2015
"Well...it was clean and comfortable at least."
A good value for the price if your goal is a clean comfortable room. Not fancy or classy but useful amenities. This is basically an old motel that has been renovated with an eye toward things you need like comfortable beds and large vanity, desk, lighting, a fridge, etc. For example, the cheapest hotel furniture possible with drawers that don't open all the way, but at least it was new. The breakfast was minimum acceptable but the coffee and juice were so watered down that were not acceptable at all. Something strange about their "reversible upon check out" form you sign when they take your CC for "incidentals" that you need to ask to be reversed when you checkout. Overall did the trick, but I would look elsewhere next time.
3 night romance trip Jul 24, 2015
Ralph
"Two thumbs up!"
Clean, comfortable room. Excellent service . Took advantage of complimentary breakfast. Would stay there again. Outside of being about a mild from the Newport town line, this Traveled was perfect. Good rate and everything.
4 night family trip Jul 20, 2015
Maria
"Looks better in pictures, musty"
As I mentioned in the title.. This hotel looks better in pictures than it does in person. The first room we were checked into had a musty smell which they attempted to cover with some air freshener. The whole carpet was moist, which was gross. We asked to switch rooms and the front desk gave us a hard time at first. He tried to pretend that he didn't feel the damp carpet. And later tried to blame it on a leaky iron. Now unless the iron sprinkled water across the entire room... I highly doubt this was the culprit. Finally they gave us a new room which was better. No smell but the carpet felt a little gross and old on my feet. The pool is much smaller than it looks in the pics and it was super cold even though they said it was heated. Breakfast was ok. They have a waffle maker and some pastries, bagels. Not a terrible stay but I wouldn't stay there again.
Other trip Jul 25, 2015
sheli525
"great value for the price"
Great place to stay while seeing Newport mansions. This hotel is clean and comfortable and the breakfast is an added bonus. Would recommend.
2 night family trip Jul 18, 2015
"Great place to stay when visiting Roger Williams"
Pleasantly pleased that room was clean. This was a great place for an overnight stay. Probably wouldn't choose as a vacation destination.
1 night family trip Jul 21, 2015
Debbie
The pool could definitely use an update ASAP there was a mouse that hung out by pool so we couldn't use pool... room was very clean bed comfortable
2 night family trip Jul 20, 2015
"Fine for a quick overnight"
This is not a high end hotel, but it is fine for a quick overnight when you will not be spending much time in your room. It was clean, had everything you need and was in a fairly good location. Price included a decent breakfast.
Other trip Jul 22, 2015
Cindy
"Location is good, cleanliness needs work"
We stayed for 2 nights in July. We read the previous comments about the musty smell and were prepared for what we got. You could tell they tried to clean as best they could- but the carpet still felt dirty. I think cleaners are doing the best they can with what they are given. Otherwise the location was good.
2 night romance trip Jul 16, 2015
"Excellent stay for the price!"
We had great service. The staff was courteous and helpful. Our room was spotless every day. The only down side to our stay was the wifi. It never worked for our phones. Granted-who goes to RI to play on their phones? Also- it could have been our phones and iPad. Anyway- our stay was great and we would definitely stay there again if the opportunity presented itself.
Other trip Jul 19, 2015
Mary Beth
We had a nice stay. The staff was very nice and polite.
Other trip Jul 18, 2015
Christine
"Travel Lodge in Middleton, RI"
Mattress was saggy. Drapes hard to adjust. Breakfast was fine with a selection of fruit, cereal,bread,ad batter to make waffles. Ok for a short stay.
3 night romance trip Jul 12, 2015
"Very close to all Newport sightseeing and beaches."
The front desk clerk was friendly and polite. The room was clean and comfortable.
Other trip Jul 16, 2015
"Nice place to stay!"
Very nice for the price!
3 night family trip Jul 7, 2015
Adam
"Convenient to where we needed to be"
Hotel staff was friendly. A/C was terrible, noisy and kept going on and off. Room felt damp all the time. Beds were comfortable and clean. Bathroom could have been cleaner.
Other trip Jul 14, 2015
The air conditioning in one of our rooms did not work. That was an issue
2 night family trip Jul 10, 2015
Regina
"Ict"
It was fine for two nights with family. Wasn't the best but wasn't worse. For the price we couldn't complain too much. Rooms were clean witch was important for us and front desk very helpful and friendly. If you aren't looking the place to hang out but just have a good night sleep , it's a right place to be. If u want hang out and and hAve nice entertainment you are in wrong place.
2 night family trip Jul 7, 2015
INETA
"Great Budget Option"
Travelodge Newport Area/Middletown was the most affordable option for us to visit the Newport area during the July 4th weekend. We found the rooms to be in good condition while being both spacious and clean. The location also was also a short drive to downtown Newport and the mansions. The only sore point was that the WiFi signal in our room was fairly week and the Internet speeds were slow.
2 night trip with friends Jul 3, 2015
"Convenian location , delicious waffel at breakfast"
Overall good experience just need better pillows for the beds! My neck still hurts....
Other trip Jul 11, 2015
Rita
Good gor fast overnight stay
1 night family trip Jul 1, 2015
"In Newport in 5 minutes! Very convenient."
Nice place for the very modest price. Our room had 2 queen beds, with microwave, refrig, etc. Beds were beautiful and so comfortable. Complimentary breakfast and newspaper. Wifi was very weak as was cell phone use unless you were at office area. Pool was not as pictured. Was smaller but nice. Most people went to the lovely local beaches.
Other trip Jul 10, 2015
The reason why we chose this hotel was for the pool and looking for a cheaper price around Newport. Very disappointed with the pool, it does not look like as in the picture, is an small one. Few chairs and just 2 umbrellas. On the other hand, hotel , room and comfort is ok x the price you pay. If i had to go back again i would might choose this hotel again, because it s located only 10 min far from downtown Newport Front desk and workers very friendly.
2 night family trip Jul 3, 2015
"sleepless night"
Kept up all night by noise and party outside our bedroom-till 3:30 AM. Room was clean, however it smelled musty and mouldy.
2 night romance trip Jul 2, 2015
"Moldy smell !!"
Room smelled moldy !!! Receptionists gave scented sticks to cover the mold ! Overpaid the room for a 4 th of July stay and there were no other rooms available. I will definitely not go back again !
1 night family trip Jul 4, 2015
"Good place when visiting Newport"
A great location if you are traveling to Newport RI but can't afford to stay IN Newport.
3 night family trip Jun 28, 2015
"Bad stay"
Room smelled, there were food crumbs in the foldout bed and a parade of ants into the bathroom. Bathroom was dirty, looks like it had been poorly cleaned for years so there was lots of built up debris on the tile.
1 night family trip Jun 28, 2015
"A good place to stay"
Nothing extra special about the room or the motel in general, but it was fine, a reasonable rate, an OK room, a clean room, no problems, staff was just fine. The motel was close to where we were visiting and there were restaurants and fast food places in the general vicinity. Rooms were clean, could use a little updating maybe, but for the price we would stay again.
1 night romance trip Jun 25, 2015
Erwin C
"Great choice!"
This is a simple but fine hotel. The price was great and the area is good too, right outside Newport but with lots of restaurants and stores around. A great choice for a great price.
2 night family trip Jun 17, 2015
Room was clean. The location of the room was good not a lot of noise.
2 night family trip Jun 19, 2015
Ruth
The room smelled musty. When I had issues with my room, they wanted to charge me to change my room. They eventually gave me another room.
3 night family trip Jun 18, 2015
Would not recommend. Next time I will Spend the extra $ and stay somewhere nicer. Room was dirty with a couple dead bugs on the bathroom floor on my second morning. Pretty gross :( Also the traffic in Newport is bad so while this hotel is only a few miles from the main area it often takes 20-30 minutes of driving to get there. Was really disappointed.
3 night trip with friends Jun 18, 2015
"Room for Graduation at War College"
We needed a one night stay in a hotel in Newport, RI to attend our son's graduation at the War college. we wanted close to base, clean, continental breakfast, non-smoking room and inexpensive ..We got all that we asked for...we would stay here again and highly recommend it to others... It was $ 63 a night and well within our budget.. No complaints here...
1 night family trip Jun 18, 2015
Rebecca
"Good for the price"
The room was clean and nice. I only needed it for a night and it served the purpose. I got a good deal on it so it served my needs well.
1 night family trip Jun 15, 2015
"This place needs to close down."
This place is the worst place I have ever stayed at. The front desk agent checking me in was annoyed and hurried. No welcome and no clue about customer service. Nothing in the room worked. The exterior face of the AC fell off, there was no cup container for coffee machine, the toilet overflowed, it was very dark in the room, no outlet to plug in the microwave, loud noise coming from the fridge, the alarm clock didn't work, and we found mice droppings. When I called the front desk to inform them about the condition of the room there was no apology or attempt to help. My reservation was made for 3 nights and there was no way I was going to stay. I was finally able to get a refund after going back and forth with the agent. And wait there is more.. the supervisor had the nerve to tell me to check out at 11pm if I was so unhappy about the condition of the room. I threatened to call the police on him because of his horrible attitude. I have NEVER experienced such HORRIFIC customer service. Unbelievable!! I absolutely 100% do NOT recommend this disgusting place. They shouldn't even be open for business.
3 night trip Jun 9, 2015
Miriam
Unfortunately I cannot say good things about this hotel. Although it looked nice on the outside the room we were in had a horrible mildew smell that seemed to attach itself to us. The smell was made worse by using the AC. We arrived so late and spent the day out sightseeing because we only had one day to spend there and I didn't ask to switch rooms. The hotel check in and check out staff were friendly and the location was very convienant but the odor was just too much. Also the bathroom fan was so loud it would wake the other person up with a late night trip to use the facilities.
Other trip Jun 18, 2015
tracie
"Good place to stay for this area"
Great place near Newport. Service was fantastic!
1 night trip with friends Jun 14, 2015
Christine N
"Nice, clean hotel in a good location."
Nice, clean hotel in a good location. Would definitely stay here again if I need to be in the area.
Other trip Jun 14, 2015
Hotel clean, great rates perfect for last minute weekend trip. Not sure why this hotel doesnt have better ratings. I will definitely be coming back.
Other trip Jun 8, 2015
jane
"Nice weekend stay"
Very friendly man at the front desk- had a minor issue with our window which was promptly taken care of.
1 night romance trip Jun 5, 2015
"Close to many tourist activities."
The room was very over priced by Hotels.com. We found out when we checked in the location price was much cheaper. We did have a very spacious room but it was on the second floor with no elevators.
2 night romance trip May 16, 2015
connie
"Very good. Better than expected."
We had very good luck while traveling using Hotels.com This hotel suited our needs very well.
1 night family trip May 27, 2015