All hotels in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America
3600 Sansom St, Philadelphia, PA, 19104, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9397

• Wellness
    Bar is not good
"Great hotel."
Great hotel!
Response by The Inn at Penn, A Hilton Hotel
We appreciate this five-star rating! Please return soon.
1 night family trip May 9, 2015
"Modern Hotel"
The Inn at Penn offers comfortable, spacious and modern rooms with all the necessary amenities. It is situated on Penn's campus and convenient if that is your destination.
Response by The Inn at Penn, A Hilton Hotel
Dear Kimberly, Thank you for your review, and please return to stay with us again soon.
1 night romance trip May 9, 2015
Kimberly
"Very pleased!"
Hotel was beautiful. Staff was friendly and helpful. Would stay here again in a heartbeat.
Response by The Inn at Penn, A Hilton Hotel
Dear IRIS, We appreciate your recommendation, please return soon!
1 night family trip May 2, 2015
IRIS
"Great overnight stay for the Broad Street Run!"
We were in town for the Broad Street Run and the inn had a great last minute rate. SO happy we cancelled our other room and stayed here. Valet was wonderful. $39 was a little steep but you can take your car in and out as much as you'd like. Staff was excellent and room was beautiful especially the brand new sparkling bathroom! My husband wants to put the same bathroom in our house :) Bed is very comfortable and hotel was nice and quiet even though I'm sure they were booked solid with the run. Can't wait to come back and stay here again!
Response by The Inn at Penn, A Hilton Hotel
I'm pleased that you found value in your stay with us. Be sure to stay with us the next time you #VisitPhilly!
1 night romance trip May 2, 2015
Catherine
"Chic and Modern in University City"
The Inn at Penn was well worth the Hotels.com deal I booked for. The hotel was beautiful and clean, all of the staff I interacted with was very friendly and helpful, and I enjoyed my stay immensely. The in-room amenities were great - I love the Peter Thomas Roth brand toiletries provided, especially the Mega Rich Body Cleanser: it smelled like a Creamsicle and was so luxurious. The water pressure in the shower was great, the lighting in the bathroom was excellent, and I love how the room is all digital: iPads have replaced paper. A chic, modern hotel that I would recommend and stay at again.
Response by The Inn at Penn, A Hilton Hotel
Dear Jessica, Thank you for the comments and recommendation, we appreciate both!
1 night romance trip May 2, 2015
"Nice Hotel near city centre"
We enjoyed our stay and generally felt very welcome and relaxed.
Other trip May 4, 2015
Sherlock
Other than a broken mini-fridge and the loudest fire alarm I've ever heard, an ideal and really lovely visit. Very comfortable room, with a great AV setup (stream your iPad directly to the TV), and right next to the university.
Response by The Inn at Penn, A Hilton Hotel
Thank you for staying with us! Please return soon.
1 night trip with friends Apr 25, 2015
"Overall very nice with one unfortunate caveat"
The hotel is very comfortable and the staff very helpful with one notable exception. We especially liked the buffet breakfast and easy access to public transportation. The exception noted above was the bartender in the Wine Bar at about 4 pm on Saturday. We went to the bar as the door was open but no one was in the room but us. We asked the bartender if he was open and he ignored us. When we asked again he said "the door was open wasn't it". When my husband said he thought maybe he was just setting up he said, looking at me, "she knows we are open". I said that was not clear. He was incredibly rude to us. We left and will not go to the restaurant or bar again (too bad because they have a great wine list). As I said the hotel was fine and this interaction contrasted with all our other interactions with staff.
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
Rose
"Top notch"
Great spot in Philly, clean, comfortable and quiet rooms, friendly staff.
Response by The Inn at Penn, A Hilton Hotel
Thank you for the comments and five-star rating, Anthony. Please stay with us again soon.
3 night business trip Apr 19, 2015
Anthony
"Excellent Hotel Experience!!!!"
One of the best hotel stays, I have experienced so far!!! The staff was great, amazingly clean rooms.Highly recommended. I have found my second home!!!!
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
Spicee
"Visiting upenn"
Wonderful - relaxing and luxurious - perfect night
Other trip Apr 12, 2015
allison
Excellent across the board. Highly reccommended but overpriced
Other trip Mar 24, 2015
"We loved Inn at Penn!"
We loved Inn at Penn! Every single staff member we encountered was very nice and courteous. The room was nice and clean. The bed was super comfy, with plenty of pillows. Breakfast was also very good! A great value all in all. We won't hesitate to stay there again next time.
Response by The Inn at Penn, A Hilton Hotel
Dear Josephine, Thank you for this glowing recommendation! We hope to see you again soon.
1 night family trip Mar 21, 2015
Josephine
"Great Hotel, Expensive Breakfast"
Everything from check-in to breakfast to check-out was fabulous!! Every single one of the staff I interacted with was extremely friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. The room was spectacular. The location was perfect for me as it was down the street from the USMLE test centre. The only criticism I have is that maybe breakfast should be free if you're spending 150$/night. Then again the breakfast was really amazing and it was neat that they try to source ingredients locally (local honey, goat cheese, etc). And there are plenty of awesome breakfast options nearby that don't cost 22$.
2 night business trip Mar 14, 2015
Samantha
"Convenient to U of Penn"
Good service, great location. Rooms are very recently renovated and well maintained. Breakfast buffet was good and typical of most of these buffets..
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
Gasser
"Beautiful boutique hotel"
Great, friendly, service. My wife and I couldn't have been more pleased.
Response by The Inn at Penn, A Hilton Hotel
We hope that you and your wife will return to see us soon! Safe travels.
1 night family trip Feb 15, 2015
Jonathan
"Wonderful hotel near Penn."
I've stayed here a number of times - always a good experience. There are a couple of restaurants - both are good. There's a business center with computers and printers. The rooms are comfortably sized with comfortable beds and the bath is good sized. The staff is always very friendly and helpful.
Response by The Inn at Penn, A Hilton Hotel
We appreciate your continued patronage! Thank you!
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
Vonnie
"Excellent place to stay near U Penn"
I was here for business 2x this year and booked it that second time because i knew that it would provide me with a comfortable sleep, elegant and convenient place to stay the night before interviews and a big test. It was excellent.
Other trip Feb 15, 2015
"Only one complaint..."
Parking ($40/day) was a little too expensive, especially for a holiday weekend when there would have been plenty of street parking available. Everything else was fantastic, the rooms were clean and the hotel employees were great. The new "green" technologies (key card required to operate any/all electronics in your room, different lights in the bathroom to conserve energy, etc) were all nice touches.
Response by The Inn at Penn, A Hilton Hotel
Thank you for staying with us! There is metered street parking available in the area, as you mentioned, as well as several parking garages in a several block radius. Please visit again soon-
2 night romance trip Dec 26, 2014
Christopher
"Good Hotel"
Ir is a great hotel. The services is so good. The parking is with valet, you don't have other alternative. I would like to come back.
Response by The Inn at Penn, A Hilton Hotel
Thank you for the five-star rating!
1 night family trip Nov 28, 2014
Gonzalo
"Nice hotel, right on the Penn campus"
Right on the Penn Campus. Nice hotel and facilities. Bed and pillows not as comfortable as you would expect. Parking very pricy. But, otherwise, a nice stay and worth paying for the location if you need to be on the Penn campus.
Response by The Inn at Penn, A Hilton Hotel
Thank you staying with us, we appreciate the review!
1 night family trip Jan 23, 2015
Nice room in the heart of the U PENN campus. The only negative was that the front desk staff was NOT very nice or accommodating.
Other trip Jan 23, 2015
"awesome hotel"
We chose this hotel based on online reviews and were not disappointed! The room was great! Everyone we encountered was exceptionally nice. All four of us commented on that. The only complaint we had was the design of the bathroom door- it slides and does not give a lot of privacy- but this is a very minor complaint. Theyre also about a 2 min walk from a 24 hour Wawa. Very convenient!
Response by The Inn at Penn, A Hilton Hotel
Thank you for staying with us, Abigail!
1 night trip with friends Jan 10, 2015
Abigail
"For University City, there's really only one choic"
Obviously the top spot for visits to Penn or Drexel, this is a clean, updated Hilton with a better than expected gym, clean rooms and an efficient feel. There is no confusing the rooms with a Four Seasons but theyre very fine as they are and make for a good stay. The weakest links for the hotel are lack of bar, though there are several 1 block away and the breakfast service. The room is nice, omelette station is okay but the service is not on par with the rest of the hotel and the buffet is nowhere near as good as it should be. I have stayed here several times, I keep going back...
Response by The Inn at Penn, A Hilton Hotel
We appreciate your continued patronage. The University Club is undergoing major renovations to be completed late this month and will provide guests with an updated breakfast experience. Our bar in Penne Restaurant & Wine Bar and in our Living Room (which is also being refreshed at the time of the writing of this response) are perfect spots to unwind for a cocktail or meet friends. Thank you for this feedback!
1 night family trip Jan 11, 2015
"Wonderful."
We loved our stay. The hotel is beautiful, clean, and the service is excellent. It's also a good value for a city hotel. The only suggestion I would make would be to have something to eat available, for late night or early morning, such as apples. It usually takes a while to get out in the morning and it would be great to have something so I don't have to drink coffee on an empty stomach.
Response by The Inn at Penn, A Hilton Hotel
Thank you for the feedback, Margo. We'll be sure to take your suggestion into consideration. Please visit again soon!
1 night family trip Jan 10, 2015
Margo
"Excellent Hotel"
I stayed here because I was taking the USMLE Step 2 exam, the location of which is conveniently located a few blocks from the hotel. My experience here was excellent and I would definitely stay here again. There is a restaurant located in the hotel which serves a delicious buffet breakfast (you can purchase breakfast when you book your hotel with Expedia--just be sure to let the person checking you in that you purchased the breakfast coupons). There are also many places to eat that are within walking distance from the hotel. There are several pizza places, a sushi restaurant and a convenience store called Wawa where you can buy water, fresh salads, fruit and prepared foods. There are also places to go shopping nearby. The hotel itself was very luxurious and the full-service gym had everything I needed to enjoy my workout. The hotel is located about a mile from the 30th Street station and getting to and from the station via taxi is very convenient. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is planning to visit Philadelphia.
Other trip Jan 11, 2015
"Great hotel if you have any business at U Penn"
The hotel was conveniently located to the campus, and the facility seemed to be maintained with high standards
Response by The Inn at Penn, A Hilton Hotel
We pride ourselves on our high standards, I glad you took notice! Please return soon.
Other trip Jan 9, 2015
A very nice hotel.Friendly and accommodating staff. Conveniently located.
Response by The Inn at Penn, A Hilton Hotel
Thank you for the five-star rating!
Other trip Jan 7, 2015
"Perfect location for Penn or Center City visit"
We stayed for 4 days over new years. The location is great and the hotel itself is fabulous. The staff is really great. The breakfast is down at the Penne hotel, and the food was great. They have have a chef on hand to make omelettes and waffles. We got free b'fast coupons so make sure you check if that's part of the hotels.com deal. Rooms are in great condition and 36th st is central to West Philly with plenty of public transportation options to center city. The only thing that pinches is the parking fees. $20 daily or $39 overnight. Ouch! You can self park but its a pain. The small detractions were that the bathroom was not cleaned when we got the room but they fixed that right away. I'd definitely recommend the Inn at Penn and will be staying there again on future visits
4 night family trip Dec 29, 2014
Branavan
"Nice Hotel Close to City & PublicTransportation"
Overall the experience was great, like the hotel room and the staff was really nice. I wish they had a better information system available in the hotel.
Response by The Inn at Penn, A Hilton Hotel
Thank you for your comments. I'm sorry to hear that the information presented on our in-room iPads was not sufficient. Our concierge and front desk agents are also happy to answer questions and provide information. Please stay with us again soon.
Other trip Jan 6, 2015
"good location"
good location to stay when at the University
2 night business trip Dec 28, 2014
Very nice hotel. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Staff friendly and helpful.
Response by The Inn at Penn, A Hilton Hotel
Thank you for the five-star review!
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
"A Penn Gem"
An absolute gem in University City. Amazing staff and service, fantastic hotel in every regard!!!!
Response by The Inn at Penn, A Hilton Hotel
Thank you for staying with us! Please consider us your home away from home in University City, Philadelphia.
3 night family trip Dec 27, 2014
"perfect"
Very spacious. Was very luxurious :)
1 night romance trip Dec 31, 2014
"Great hotel!"
This is the nicest hotel in University City. If you are visiting friends and family at UPenn, you're not going to find a better place. You'll be right on campus and near shopping---just a few feet away from your room.
1 night family trip Dec 28, 2014
I was here for business at the Penn, so this was a very convenient hotel option. It is in a great location in University City with very nice service and comfortable rooms (and the prices were very affordable). I would definitely recommend staying here!
1 night business trip Dec 18, 2014
"Can't beat it for West Philly"
I thoroughly enjoyed my stay
2 night business trip Dec 29, 2014
Adam
"I think this hotel should be five star hotel ."
Honestly really nice really good .super nice check in quikly .
Response by The Inn at Penn, A Hilton Hotel
Thank you for your comments, please return soon!
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
JJ
"December 2014."
Great stay. A couple dusty spots in the room (powerstrip)
1 night family trip Dec 27, 2014
Kimberly
"Great affordable stay for a quick night in town."
Very nice hotel (seemed newly renovated) and the staff was VERY kind and accommodating. Bed / comforter was very comfy but the highlight were the pillows (I'm all about the pillow). The only thing I wasn't too thrilled about was the $40 overnight valet but the low cost for the room itself made up for it. Location was great (within UPenn campus) and check-in and check-out was a breeze. 10/10 would recommend and return.
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
Chris Pillow
"Very nice room"
Very clean and updated.. Very comfortable bed.. We slept like babies..
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
travel ninja
"Great stay in Philadelphia"
The hotel was fairly empty so breakfast service had to be adjusted. The staff was exceptionally responsive working with a very difficult circumstance.
1 night family trip Dec 26, 2014
"Penn Restaurant"
Had purchased breakfast prior to my arrival. I guess you was short staffed because after being seated I did not get a menu for over 30 minutes. Food took forever and people arriving after I did received food before me. I was so annoyed. If it wasn't for me purchasing breakfast prior to my trip I would've left and went to Cosi right next door.
Other trip Dec 28, 2014
"Excellent hotel"
We chose to stay here because a family member had surgery at HUP, and this hotel is located on the campus. Everything about this hotel was nearly perfect: 1) The front desk staff were friendly and efficient. Our check-in experience was quick, which was a relief because after a long and stressful drive into the city, we just wanted to get into the room ASAP. 2) The hotel has valet parking that is a bit pricey, but so convenient. There is a self-parking garage nearby (it's probably a lot cheaper), but I was not in the mood to explore the area in order to find it. The valets were particularly nice gentleman, one of whom went out of his way to answer a few questions we had about the surrounding neighborhood. Also, if you need a cab, there are always a few waiting in the valet area. If there is not one, a valet will call one for you. 3) The room itself was fantastic. Nice decor, clean bathroom, comfy beds, plenty of space. This is a rare scenario in which the room actually looks like it does in the pictures on the website! Just one tiny aspect that was not absolutely fabulous: the in-room iPad is kind of useless. So what? Most of us have our own tech gadgets. We travel to the area 3-4 times a year, and will definitely stay here again. My only regret is that in the past, we chose a cheaper hotel that was less conveniently located...glad we found a superior option!
1 night family trip Dec 18, 2014
Caterina
"nice pl to stay if u ever come to Penn"
visiting a friend in UPenn, right inside the campus area, very clean room and well updated facilities, very worth it.
Other trip Dec 23, 2014
Tony
"Beautiful room, great service and price"
The only minor complaint is that it took finesse to get the room cool enough to be comfortable to sleep, with the room key being required for a/c to run. It also took a long time to get hot water. Having said that, this was one of the nicest hotel rooms I've stayed in, even for far more money. Service was also the best!
2 night romance trip Dec 19, 2014
"Great hotel close to Penn and CHOP."
Stayed there during an interview at CHOP. I loved the convenience.
Other trip Dec 22, 2014
Hotel location, safe area, friendly staff, reason able daily room charges.
Other trip Dec 21, 2014
Raja
"Outstanding!"
Excellent service! Outstanding room! Loved the breakfast. Very convinient location.
Other trip Dec 19, 2014
Hotel staff were extremely helpful and friendly. The public rooms are nicely decorated and the accommodations are comfortable.
Other trip Dec 19, 2014