All hotels in Gladstone, Oregon, United States of America

"Very pleased!"
Nice hotel, clean, good rates. Kids loved the pool. I loved looking out at the river with the trees in autumn color. Even though it was right by the freeway, you didn't notice the traffic.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Portland SE- Clackamas Area
One of the many things that people enjoy about this fall season is that we are able to look out anywhere and see the changing colors of the trees. It makes it even better when you are away from home and can look out a hotel window and see those comforting signs of fall. With our hotel along the banks of the Clackamas River it makes it a picture perfect view . Thank you for taking the time to write a review and sharing your comments about the hotel.
Terry
"Nothing special but hotel is close to freeway."
Front desk employee busy smoking outside in front of hotel so we had to wait for her to finish before we could check in. No towels at the pool had to make two calls to finally get some. Time to renovate hotel getting dated. Need a manager on duty to make sure employees are working. I would go elsewhere next time.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Portland SE- Clackamas Area
I sincerely apologize that you had a bad experience with check in and can assure you that this is something that does not normally happen and has been addressed with the staff. Our hotel was recently converted to a Holiday Inn Express and many changes were made in the hotel to make it more modern and accommodating to guest. I do hope that you will give us another try so that we can show you the experience that you can expect when you check in and a outstanding stay.
good place, between the portland and woodburn. just beside the highway 205. Free parking, free breakfast is good.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Portland SE- Clackamas Area
Thank you for taking the time to leave a a review regarding your stay. I do hope that if your travels bring you this way again that you will continue to stay with us.
Shi
"River view in Clackamas."
Wonderful place. I'd recommend this place to anyone.
2 night family trip Nov 3, 2014
"Great River Views"
Great balconies overlooking the river
2 night business trip Oct 22, 2014
"Best Holiday Inn"
Loved the service and the friendly staff. Beautiful view of the river from my room that had a balcony. Excellent location with Safeway right across parking lot, a restaurant easy access to the 205-freeway. They had hot breakfast in the morning and free snacks in the evening of chips and sala, party mix snacks, mini salad bar, and free drinks like soda, BEER&water...dining area charming with spread out seating and comfy chairs by the fireplace which I enjoyed:). My room was fairly clean. I'd go here again!
Response by Holiday Inn Express Portland SE- Clackamas Area
It is a pleasure to read the review that you took the time to write, I have shared it with the hotel staff and we all say thank you and hope that you do come back the next time that you travel to the Portland SE/Clackamas area. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and the amenities that we had to offer at the hotel.
2 night business trip Oct 20, 2014
"Overall, A Great Stay"
First, if you have kids and want a warm pool, this is the place. Second, breakfast is ok, but if you have dietary issues (dairy/lactose) be forewarned that the eggs do have cheese in them and your choices will be limited. I never understood why US Holiday Inns do not offer soy/milk alternative like some of their Canadian counterparts. Our room was clean, but did have some sticky candy residue on the floor next to the bed. Staff was courteous and welcoming. We will stay again.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Portland SE- Clackamas Area
Thank you for your review of our property, The staff and myself take each review as a learning tool so that we can better the service and quality of each guest stay. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the pool and able to use it during your stay. Our breakfast items are rotated so that we have a different egg product daily, some days we will have the cheese omelets other days we will have egg patties(good for egg sausage sandwiches) or scrambled eggs. I do apologize for not have a soy or other alternative milk item product. I know that people have many dietary needs and our new breakfast requirements tries to cater to the many different needs. I do apologize for the sticky residue on the floor next to the bed in the room and have since spoken to the housekeeping department . I look forward to your next stay with us!
1 night family trip Oct 18, 2014
"Great spot to spend the night"
Although not a recreation spot--and certainly not much to do in the immediate vicinity--this was a comfortable and quiet spot to spend the night. The little river outside the window was an enjoyable bonus. TIP: for those on a low carb diet, skip the free breakfast.
1 night business trip Oct 16, 2014
Dana
"Very Pleasantly Surprised!"
The room was very clean. Front desk very pleasant. Close to where we needed to go. Great breakfast for morning!
Response by Holiday Inn Express Portland SE- Clackamas Area
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about out property. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you will return the next time that you are in the Clackamas area.
Other trip Oct 19, 2014
"Comfortable stay"
Our room was small, but comfortable. The complimentary breakfast was a plus because it saved us time and money, AND it was pretty good. The only negative side of our stay was the freeway noise. We were on the river side, which is beautiful, but you can't go outside because the sound is deafening. We kept the fan on high all night long to reduce the noise.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Portland SE- Clackamas Area
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property. Each review is read by all staff members so its great to see that you enjoyed your stay. We are glad that you were able to enjoy the view of the river and apologize that the noise from the freeway was a trouble for you. I am pleased to read that you also enjoyed the breakfast, we recently made some changes to it to accommodate several dietary needs. I hope that you will stay with us the next time that you travel to the Portland SE/Clackamas area .
2 night family trip Oct 10, 2014
Heidi
Lobby and breakfast area very comfortable. Went to go swimming and there were no towels, had to call front desk twice for housekeeping to bring towels
Other trip Oct 12, 2014
"Nice to have one night there"
I had one night there and I really enjoyed with my buddies we were in road trip from San Diego To Seattle and we stopped there. Overall, it is an amazing and relax place especially, if you have balcony overlooking to the river .
Other trip Sep 21, 2014
malik
Wonderful staff!
2 night romance trip Sep 10, 2014
Shania
"Not in Southeast Portland!"
CAUTION, before you book this room, keep in mind that it is not located in Southeast Portland. This means that you will have quite a distance to travel if you need to conduct business in Southeast Portland.
Other trip Sep 14, 2014
Nice view of the river, close to the freeway, but you can't hear much noise which is a bonus. Staff was helpful and freindly. I would definately recommend this hotel.
2 night trip Sep 5, 2014
R.Taylor
"Solid HIX"
Good location and a great value.
1 night business trip Sep 4, 2014
Aaron K
"Good stay"
Room lacking some minor maintenance.
2 night trip Sep 6, 2014
Russell
"A decent night's sleep."
Breakfast was good & staff were very helpful and pleasant.
1 night trip with friends Aug 21, 2014
The hotel suited our purposes just fine. I would have liked room service but not a big deal. I had requested a quiet room on the top floor about 6 weeks prior to my stay and was given a room on the third floor that was medium quiet. Why bother making reservations early if no one pays attention??
3 night family trip Aug 15, 2014
"Easy to find from the highway"
Very good complementary breakfast!
3 night family trip Aug 12, 2014
Robert and Barbara
Excellent facilities and view of river. Very good breakfast bar. Obliging and helpful staff. Would definitely stay here again.
1 night family trip Aug 13, 2014
"wonderful stsy"
Everything was excellent, would recommend to any one,
1 night trip Aug 12, 2014
"Location, Location, Location"
The service leaves a lot to be desired as housekeeping is slow, the TV went out for four hours, and the hot water didn't work for one morning BUT...you're not going to beat the location. There is a swimming river with safe cliff jumping right behind the hotel, a Safeway grocery store in the parking lot, and an awesome bar/restaurant called High Rocks right behind the Safeway.
3 night trip Aug 9, 2014
Adam
"Nice, clean hotel right on the river"
We stayed for a wedding and the hotel was clean with nice decor. Our room was very large, with a view of the river (and the highway, but that's ok). Location was centrally located and easy to get on/off the highway. The free breakfast in the morning was great! We weren't able to take advantage of the evening reception they have Mondays-Thursdays, but that's a nice perk I didn't realize was included. All in all, would definitely stay again!
Other trip Aug 13, 2014
"No control of people"
Hotel was nice, but let kids run wild on all floors. No control said they had no control of kids, noises all night all around BAD experience .I like staying at holiday inn but not this one
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
bill
"Very comfortable and a neat location"
Our room was very comfortable. It looked right out over the river where kids were diving off the rocks. It was a great summer scene. The breakfast was delicious, considering the continental nature of it. There is a Safeway located across the parking lot, which was very convenient. My only complaint is that the hallways were very warm. We visited in early August, during a very warm week. Our room temperature was fine because it had its own air conditioner. But our room was located on the fourth floor and it felt like the heat was actually on in the hallways as the heat rose from lower floors. I would definitely stay here again but I would let the management know about the heat issue.
1 night family trip Aug 5, 2014
"Nice and close to a river"
The hotel was beautiful! The pool was not warm though:(
Other trip Aug 10, 2014
Letty
"Nice Hotel & Convenient Location."
A good place to stay if you like having a the convenience of grocery store with a renound coffee shop inside all located across from the parking lot. Great value.
Other trip Aug 8, 2014
JandV
"Comfortable and convenient"
Hotel room was comfortable and well appointed. Refrigerator and proximity to Safeway a plus. Appreciated the DVD player. Hallway and stairwell were very hot. Disappointed that whirlpool was closed for maintenance. Pool was nice and warm -- a rarity! - but small for hotel size and fairly crowded. Breakfast was so so. Apples, oranges, and bananas were mostly gone and there were limited choices for our vegan family. I would recommend sliced season fruit (watermelon, cantaloupe, strawberries, etc.), non dairy milk (like almond milk), veggie patties (we have stayed in hotels that have a sign offering them by request), etc.
1 night family trip Aug 3, 2014
Ken
"Nice hotel for the location"
Great hotel next to the river. Buffet breakfast was great and convenient. 2 queen beds room was nice and large. Only downsize is that the bathtub drains is very slow.
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
Julian
This is a comfortable, clean, centrally-located place to stay, with quick and easy access to 205 and nearby shopping. Our room had a view of the river, where lots of people were diving and enjoying the water. The freeway is also in plain view, but noise wasn't an issue. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, the AC worked great, and we liked the kitchen amenities. There was no tub in our unit, which would have been nice, but the large shower had a great adjustable head. Free parking and breakfast, always a plus. Breakfast menu was okay, but there was only one employee refilling things as quickly as she could so there was lots of waiting. We stayed three nights so the Safeway with deli just across the parking lot was very convenient. Service station only a block away. Overall, a great place to stay.
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
onlineshop
"Ok for a one-night stop on the road"
Found a few hairs in the bathroom which is a big NO for me. When you stumble on such a basic requirement, this is bad. Otherwise, it's a rather new property with all the amenities you would expect from a hotel of this category. The view on the river was pretty good. Kind of grumpy staff but they do their job.
2 night trip Jul 27, 2014
"073014 Visit"
We walked in the room it was clean however we found hair in the bathtub. The next day we went for breakfast and had coffee. My daughter got there at 9:20 crab some muffins. She started to figure out the pancake machine so I stood up to help her and a lady by the name of Adriana grab the door of the pancake machine and shut the door. So I told her excuse me but I am trying to make some pancake and replied it's 9:30 we are close. Also I noticed a gentleman was getting some yogurt and she did the same thing shut the door and locked it. So I just said this is the service we get here. Then she started to give the guy the yogart and comes back to us and tells us the pancake is all gone. So we were done spoke with the manager and just left the hotel and headed home even if we paid for 2 nights. Horrible experience never coming back. Fine lines should say no longer Holiday Inn owned.
Other trip Aug 3, 2014
dave
"Convenient location"
In town for a baseball tournament and the hotel was central to fields and has great freeway access. We travelled with our dog, so had a pet room that was great, didn't smell. Located right next to the river so the dog could swim and the kids could jump from the rocks. Food and service was good. The neighborhood seems a little iffy in the evenings. Didn't have concern for my safety, but wouldn't let my kids wander around outside by themselves in the evening.
4 night family trip Jul 24, 2014
"Excellent Value in a Greater Portland Hotel"
This is a well built hotel in near new condition. The rooms all have a lovely view and balcony facing the Clakamas River. Although there's a busy highway bridge beyond the river, making for a high background noise level, the doors all have sound proofing and the rooms are very quiet. The place is solidly built like a hotel should be, in other words. The bed was terrific, super comfortable, and the room was very pleasant. The staff was friendly, and they even supplied a complimentary evening salad and glass of wine. The breakfast was ample and had lots of hot and cold selections. There's a nice indoor pool on the lower level. We'd stay here again in a heartbeat!
Other trip Jul 31, 2014
"nice stop over"
On our way from the beach to Seattle stopped over for the night.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Portland SE- Clackamas Area
We are glad that you enjoyed your stop here in Clackamas. All our guests enjoy the view from all our rooms of the Clackamas River. After a long day of travel its wonderful to be able to relax and enjoy the view. We do hope that you will come back soon the next time your travels bring you this way.
1 night trip Jul 23, 2014
"Pleasant stay"
Good place by 205 freeway
1 night trip Jul 17, 2014
"Exceptional room/suite"
Wonderful experience. I loved sitting on the deck and watching the water sorts on the river. A very special perk. The hotel and staff were wonderful. Sandy was so helpful when checked in & has inquires at the front desk. I will return anytime I am in the area.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Portland SE- Clackamas Area
Our goal is to make sure that every guest has an exceptional experience. its a wonderful little perk to be able to enjoy the Clackamas river view from the rooms. Our hotel staff strives to make sure that each one of our guest is treated like family and that we can answer any questions that they might have about the area. Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review , each review is shared with our staff and it makes them take great pride in their hotel and their work. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the area.
Other trip Jul 22, 2014
"Nice view from our balcony."
Clean comfortable user friendly hotel with a friendly helpful staff.
Other trip Jul 20, 2014
duke
"Hotel facility is mediocre, service poor"
Poor customer experience with the staff at the front desk, from check in to check out. Long wait time to find someone to come to the front desk to check in, to ask for font desk help to re-code key twice, & checking out and I was the only one checking in & out. Just couldn't find someone at the front desk. My room had a very noisy air conditioning unit, kept me up all night and this was summer with near 100 degrees temp. Called front desk from my room, to request room change. Front desk said couldn't move me because they are sold out, there was nothing they can do. They just didn't care.
Other trip Jul 19, 2014
Traveler
"Great hotel for a family stay"
We stayed in a king suite and only have a few tiny complaints about the place. CONS: The hot tub wasn't really "hot," the AC unit was in the second room and didn't circulate very well to the main area so my daughter got too cold at night while me and my husband were too warm. When the sliding door to the balcony was open we could hear trains but it was very faint once closed. PROS: Staff was very friendly and helpful. Grocery store within a minutes walk. Two TVs with DVD player that made for a relaxing night. Clean, big room with a wonderful view (once you get past the freeway). All in all, the updating, service, cleanliness, and proximity to grocery store and main Portland area was wonderful.
1 night trip Jul 3, 2014
"Very good"
I spent a wonderful night there
1 night business trip Jun 24, 2014
Munim
"8 day stay - business and pleasure"
Excellent staff. Clean, spacious room at a very reasonable rate. Complimentary drinks and salad bar at night and decent free breakfast.
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
bobF
"Convenient location"
Right next to 205, that makes the location convenient but also results in freeway noise in your room. The AC fan provided just enough white noise but if you are a light sleeper you will likely not sleep well. Right on the river, it is beautiful. Safeway in the same lot as the hotel, you can just walk there to get your snacks.
3 night trip Jun 20, 2014
"No HOT WATER"
We did not have any hot water to take our showers. When my husband went down to talk to them he was told by the maintenance man that this was common at this facility. Had requested a quiet room instead we were put in the closest room to the freeway. Felt the room and service was way to high for the service we received.
1 night trip Jun 20, 2014
Really surprised how nice this hotel was! Comfortable beds and great service from everyone we encountered. Decent breakfast and great-performing internet.
5 night family trip Jun 15, 2014
mrbigbri
"Fantastic service"
What a great hotel! The front desk was very accommodating and they even had free drinks at night!
3 night trip Jun 16, 2014
"Great amenities"
A one-night stay with my family. It was liveable for a one-night stay. The beds were comfy. The room also came with a small sofa. The bathroom was very small, with the sink area separate from the toilet and shower. The room came with a small refrigerator. On the lower level, there's a small fitness room and a swimming pool. Good for a short stay.
2 night family trip Jun 10, 2014
Jackie
"Getaway Weekend"
Nice surprise to be on river 5 th floor grateful for terrific breakfast one of our best stays in Ptld very restful
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
"Junkers"
"Helpful staff"
The front desk help was fantastic. Nice breakfast assortment. Big, comfy room.
1 night trip Jun 5, 2014