All hotels in Gladstone, Oregon, United States of America
75 82nd Drive, Gladstone, OR, 97027, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9222

"Christmas 2014"
We had a good time. Grandkids got to SWIM!!!!
Response by Holiday Inn Express Portland SE- Clackamas Area
Any hotel stay is enjoyable when grandchildren get to come and visit and a plus when they are able to swim. I ma pleased to read that you grandchildren enjoyed our indoor pool and that you enjoyed your stay. Please come see us again.
2 night family trip Dec 25, 2014
"Great place to stay."
was greeted with a friendly smile, told us about all of the accommodations, room was clean and very quiet at night. will be back!
1 night family trip Dec 24, 2014
Coleen
"great view of river....hard as a rock bed"
The room is okay, the bed is hard. I asked the staff if they had softer beds in the hotel and was told that they had the same beds in each room. The free breakfast had only a few healthy options, fruit.....typical fare for continental breakfast.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Portland SE- Clackamas Area
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I apologize that you stay was not what you expected and you had discomfort with the mattress. Our breakfast standard had a recent to change it a couple months ago to accommodate a variety of dietary options. We do offer fresh fruit, an oatmeal station, hard boiled eggs, yogurt of different varieties as well as our signature pancakes. We offer daily turkey sausage and other meats and egg products as well as gluten free items. I do hope that you will give us another try the next time your travels bring you to the Clackamas Area.
Other trip Dec 26, 2014
"No hot water"
After we arrived, we wanted to take a warm shower, but there was no hot water. After calling down to the desk, we were informed it would be an hour before they could get a tech out to look into it. The desk informed us we would be discounted for our trouble, this was Friday night. On Sunday morning when we went to check out, the person at the desk would not issue us the discount promised, and even argued with me over if we really did not have hot water on Friday night!
Response by Holiday Inn Express Portland SE- Clackamas Area
I thank you for your review and apologize that your stay was not up to your expectations. I also want to apologize for the treatment that you received regarding your check out. Our staff did correct the hot water issue promptly after we were notified . I do hope that you will give us another try to make things right and show you the experience that you can come to expect from us.
2 night family trip Dec 19, 2014
Darlene
"Good business or less expensive family place to st"
Hotel staff was more than friendly and accommodating. The hotel conducts a simple wine and beer hour in the evening with light snacks. And the breakfast is nice with plenty of cold and hot foods. While this is on the river and has a view of it, beware it is close to I205 so there is road noise. Close the sliding door and it is blocked. Also, the HVAC unit tends to be a bit noisy but the rest of the features of the hotel offset that one smaller inconvenience.
1 night business trip Dec 17, 2014
HARRY
"Won't stay at again."
Came for medical treatments. Upon arrival we saw we did not receive the suite we had requested. Was told those were mainly for the Business people. What not impressed with check in at all! Everyone else was great and friendly.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Portland SE- Clackamas Area
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review regarding your stay and apologize that it was less than what you expected . I can assure you that all our rooms types are open for any quest to reserve at anytime. We have a variety of rooms types available from a king standard to a two bed deluxe room. I do apologize for your less than perfect stay and hope that you will come stay again next time your travels bring you to the area.
2 night business trip Dec 14, 2014
"Great Place to stay"
Our stay was great! The night desk was so helpful. would stay there again. The only down side was the breakfast, the warm food Eggs, Sausages, and the biscuits Gravy were cold.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Portland SE- Clackamas Area
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I do apologize that the warm breakfast items were not warm when you ate them ,I have discussed this with the breakfast staff to ensure that each items stays warm during breakfast hours. I also have shared your comments with the staff and pleased to read that they were helpful during your stay. I hope that you will come see us again! Safe travels.
2 night business trip Dec 12, 2014
Tom J
I had a short stay. Very nice staff at front desk. Room was clean and pleasant. Complimentary breakfast was nice in a very pleasant and clean dining area.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Portland SE- Clackamas Area
I thank you for your review and nice comments about the front desk staff and the room. We take great pride to be able to provide a room that is a home away from home and ensure that each guest has a pleasant stay. I do hope that the next time that you are in the area that you are able to stay a bit longer and hopefully enjoy the jacuzzi or the pool. Safe travels!
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
"Buying a Jeep close to Portland"
Went north to buy a Jeep at Town and Country Honda. We have stayed at this motel before and liked it. We asked for a certain type room and they didn't know of they would be able to provide it. When we checked in, they had done all we had asked for. Motel is right on the river, nice night, so we slept with the sliding door open to the balcony, nice sounds. Motel was also only a short distance to our destination. Great breakfast the next morning. All was great!
Response by Holiday Inn Express Portland SE- Clackamas Area
Thank you for your review. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to accommodate your needs. I do hope that you will continue to stay with us when you need to make a trip back to the Town and Country Honda dealership or any other time you are in the Portland area.
Other trip Dec 8, 2014
"Friendly"
Prompt service and great information. We arrived early and our room was ready comfortable and quiet. We would stay here again
Response by Holiday Inn Express Portland SE- Clackamas Area
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us, we really appreciate it. Our great location, friendly staff and nice amenities make us a warm, welcoming "home away from home". We do hope to see you again when you come back to the area. Safe travels.
Other trip Dec 2, 2014
"Very nice hotel right off of 205; very convenient!"
Was very pleased with the hotel, from the service to the room. It was very easy to find, and provided all the amenities we needed. A pleasant surprise was the evening wine & snack time in the breakfast room.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Portland SE- Clackamas Area
I greatly appreciate you taking the time to write a review regarding your stay and have proudly shared the review with all the staff. Our hotels location right off the the 205 highway exit makes it for an easy on /off access to allow for less confusion for all travels. I am pleased that you were able to enjoy the managers reception that we have a couple days during the week. it really is a great surprise for our guests and a relaxing way to unwind after a day or work or travel. I do hope that you will come stay with us again. See you soon!
Other trip Dec 2, 2014
Sylvia
"very friendly staff and great customer service"
we arrived around 8pm, we checked in and went up to our room which smelled like smoke, but not to bad. we mentioned it to the front desk clerk and she changed our room right away. they had a nice evening happy hour with snacks and drinks, it was nice to sit down and have a glass of wine after a long day of driving. very friendly staff and great customer service
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
Crystal
"Great stop for business trip"
Very easy access off of freeway. Room was quite clean and the complimentary breakfast had a great selection of food items. The staff was pleasant and gave me directions to various destinations locally. View of river from balcony, but the freeway noise was a bit loud to enjoy it.
1 night business trip Nov 16, 2014
Dawn
"Great location!"
We chose this hotel because Holiday Inn Express hotels are very reliable. This was an exceptionally nice one! Great breakfast each morning and hot coffee/tea and fruit and cookies available all day in a nice lobby sitting area with a TV and a cozy fireplace.
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
Shelley
"Nice hotel on the river."
Pleasantly surprised . Loved the breakfast and also the wine/beer social from 5:30 to 9:30 .
Response by Holiday Inn Express Portland SE- Clackamas Area
I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay and that we were able to surprise you with a pleasant stay. Our hotel does offer a managers reception a couple days during the week and its a nice unwind from the hussle and bussle of a busy travel day. The staff and myself hope that you will return again the next time your travels bring you to the clackamas area.
"Very pleased!"
Nice hotel, clean, good rates. Kids loved the pool. I loved looking out at the river with the trees in autumn color. Even though it was right by the freeway, you didn't notice the traffic.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Portland SE- Clackamas Area
One of the many things that people enjoy about this fall season is that we are able to look out anywhere and see the changing colors of the trees. It makes it even better when you are away from home and can look out a hotel window and see those comforting signs of fall. With our hotel along the banks of the Clackamas River it makes it a picture perfect view . Thank you for taking the time to write a review and sharing your comments about the hotel.
Terry
"Nothing special but hotel is close to freeway."
Front desk employee busy smoking outside in front of hotel so we had to wait for her to finish before we could check in. No towels at the pool had to make two calls to finally get some. Time to renovate hotel getting dated. Need a manager on duty to make sure employees are working. I would go elsewhere next time.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Portland SE- Clackamas Area
I sincerely apologize that you had a bad experience with check in and can assure you that this is something that does not normally happen and has been addressed with the staff. Our hotel was recently converted to a Holiday Inn Express and many changes were made in the hotel to make it more modern and accommodating to guest. I do hope that you will give us another try so that we can show you the experience that you can expect when you check in and a outstanding stay.
good place, between the portland and woodburn. just beside the highway 205. Free parking, free breakfast is good.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Portland SE- Clackamas Area
Thank you for taking the time to leave a a review regarding your stay. I do hope that if your travels bring you this way again that you will continue to stay with us.
Shi
"River view in Clackamas."
Wonderful place. I'd recommend this place to anyone.
2 night family trip Nov 3, 2014
"Great River Views"
Great balconies overlooking the river
2 night business trip Oct 22, 2014
"Best Holiday Inn"
Loved the service and the friendly staff. Beautiful view of the river from my room that had a balcony. Excellent location with Safeway right across parking lot, a restaurant easy access to the 205-freeway. They had hot breakfast in the morning and free snacks in the evening of chips and sala, party mix snacks, mini salad bar, and free drinks like soda, BEER&water...dining area charming with spread out seating and comfy chairs by the fireplace which I enjoyed:). My room was fairly clean. I'd go here again!
Response by Holiday Inn Express Portland SE- Clackamas Area
It is a pleasure to read the review that you took the time to write, I have shared it with the hotel staff and we all say thank you and hope that you do come back the next time that you travel to the Portland SE/Clackamas area. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and the amenities that we had to offer at the hotel.
2 night business trip Oct 20, 2014
"Overall, A Great Stay"
First, if you have kids and want a warm pool, this is the place. Second, breakfast is ok, but if you have dietary issues (dairy/lactose) be forewarned that the eggs do have cheese in them and your choices will be limited. I never understood why US Holiday Inns do not offer soy/milk alternative like some of their Canadian counterparts. Our room was clean, but did have some sticky candy residue on the floor next to the bed. Staff was courteous and welcoming. We will stay again.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Portland SE- Clackamas Area
Thank you for your review of our property, The staff and myself take each review as a learning tool so that we can better the service and quality of each guest stay. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the pool and able to use it during your stay. Our breakfast items are rotated so that we have a different egg product daily, some days we will have the cheese omelets other days we will have egg patties(good for egg sausage sandwiches) or scrambled eggs. I do apologize for not have a soy or other alternative milk item product. I know that people have many dietary needs and our new breakfast requirements tries to cater to the many different needs. I do apologize for the sticky residue on the floor next to the bed in the room and have since spoken to the housekeeping department . I look forward to your next stay with us!
1 night family trip Oct 18, 2014
"Great spot to spend the night"
Although not a recreation spot--and certainly not much to do in the immediate vicinity--this was a comfortable and quiet spot to spend the night. The little river outside the window was an enjoyable bonus. TIP: for those on a low carb diet, skip the free breakfast.
1 night business trip Oct 16, 2014
Dana
"Very Pleasantly Surprised!"
The room was very clean. Front desk very pleasant. Close to where we needed to go. Great breakfast for morning!
Response by Holiday Inn Express Portland SE- Clackamas Area
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about out property. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you will return the next time that you are in the Clackamas area.
Other trip Oct 19, 2014
"Comfortable stay"
Our room was small, but comfortable. The complimentary breakfast was a plus because it saved us time and money, AND it was pretty good. The only negative side of our stay was the freeway noise. We were on the river side, which is beautiful, but you can't go outside because the sound is deafening. We kept the fan on high all night long to reduce the noise.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Portland SE- Clackamas Area
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property. Each review is read by all staff members so its great to see that you enjoyed your stay. We are glad that you were able to enjoy the view of the river and apologize that the noise from the freeway was a trouble for you. I am pleased to read that you also enjoyed the breakfast, we recently made some changes to it to accommodate several dietary needs. I hope that you will stay with us the next time that you travel to the Portland SE/Clackamas area .
2 night family trip Oct 10, 2014
Heidi
Lobby and breakfast area very comfortable. Went to go swimming and there were no towels, had to call front desk twice for housekeeping to bring towels
Other trip Oct 12, 2014
"Nice to have one night there"
I had one night there and I really enjoyed with my buddies we were in road trip from San Diego To Seattle and we stopped there. Overall, it is an amazing and relax place especially, if you have balcony overlooking to the river .
Other trip Sep 21, 2014
malik
Wonderful staff!
2 night romance trip Sep 10, 2014
Shania
"Not in Southeast Portland!"
CAUTION, before you book this room, keep in mind that it is not located in Southeast Portland. This means that you will have quite a distance to travel if you need to conduct business in Southeast Portland.
Other trip Sep 14, 2014
Nice view of the river, close to the freeway, but you can't hear much noise which is a bonus. Staff was helpful and freindly. I would definately recommend this hotel.
2 night trip Sep 5, 2014
R.Taylor
"Solid HIX"
Good location and a great value.
1 night business trip Sep 4, 2014
Aaron K
"Good stay"
Room lacking some minor maintenance.
2 night trip Sep 6, 2014
Russell
"A decent night's sleep."
Breakfast was good & staff were very helpful and pleasant.
1 night trip with friends Aug 21, 2014
The hotel suited our purposes just fine. I would have liked room service but not a big deal. I had requested a quiet room on the top floor about 6 weeks prior to my stay and was given a room on the third floor that was medium quiet. Why bother making reservations early if no one pays attention??
3 night family trip Aug 15, 2014
"Easy to find from the highway"
Very good complementary breakfast!
3 night family trip Aug 12, 2014
Robert and Barbara
Excellent facilities and view of river. Very good breakfast bar. Obliging and helpful staff. Would definitely stay here again.
1 night family trip Aug 13, 2014
"wonderful stsy"
Everything was excellent, would recommend to any one,
1 night trip Aug 12, 2014
"Location, Location, Location"
The service leaves a lot to be desired as housekeeping is slow, the TV went out for four hours, and the hot water didn't work for one morning BUT...you're not going to beat the location. There is a swimming river with safe cliff jumping right behind the hotel, a Safeway grocery store in the parking lot, and an awesome bar/restaurant called High Rocks right behind the Safeway.
3 night trip Aug 9, 2014
Adam
"Nice, clean hotel right on the river"
We stayed for a wedding and the hotel was clean with nice decor. Our room was very large, with a view of the river (and the highway, but that's ok). Location was centrally located and easy to get on/off the highway. The free breakfast in the morning was great! We weren't able to take advantage of the evening reception they have Mondays-Thursdays, but that's a nice perk I didn't realize was included. All in all, would definitely stay again!
Other trip Aug 13, 2014
"No control of people"
Hotel was nice, but let kids run wild on all floors. No control said they had no control of kids, noises all night all around BAD experience .I like staying at holiday inn but not this one
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
bill
"Very comfortable and a neat location"
Our room was very comfortable. It looked right out over the river where kids were diving off the rocks. It was a great summer scene. The breakfast was delicious, considering the continental nature of it. There is a Safeway located across the parking lot, which was very convenient. My only complaint is that the hallways were very warm. We visited in early August, during a very warm week. Our room temperature was fine because it had its own air conditioner. But our room was located on the fourth floor and it felt like the heat was actually on in the hallways as the heat rose from lower floors. I would definitely stay here again but I would let the management know about the heat issue.
1 night family trip Aug 5, 2014
"Nice and close to a river"
The hotel was beautiful! The pool was not warm though:(
Other trip Aug 10, 2014
Letty
"Nice Hotel & Convenient Location."
A good place to stay if you like having a the convenience of grocery store with a renound coffee shop inside all located across from the parking lot. Great value.
Other trip Aug 8, 2014
JandV
"Comfortable and convenient"
Hotel room was comfortable and well appointed. Refrigerator and proximity to Safeway a plus. Appreciated the DVD player. Hallway and stairwell were very hot. Disappointed that whirlpool was closed for maintenance. Pool was nice and warm -- a rarity! - but small for hotel size and fairly crowded. Breakfast was so so. Apples, oranges, and bananas were mostly gone and there were limited choices for our vegan family. I would recommend sliced season fruit (watermelon, cantaloupe, strawberries, etc.), non dairy milk (like almond milk), veggie patties (we have stayed in hotels that have a sign offering them by request), etc.
1 night family trip Aug 3, 2014
Ken
"Nice hotel for the location"
Great hotel next to the river. Buffet breakfast was great and convenient. 2 queen beds room was nice and large. Only downsize is that the bathtub drains is very slow.
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
Julian
This is a comfortable, clean, centrally-located place to stay, with quick and easy access to 205 and nearby shopping. Our room had a view of the river, where lots of people were diving and enjoying the water. The freeway is also in plain view, but noise wasn't an issue. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, the AC worked great, and we liked the kitchen amenities. There was no tub in our unit, which would have been nice, but the large shower had a great adjustable head. Free parking and breakfast, always a plus. Breakfast menu was okay, but there was only one employee refilling things as quickly as she could so there was lots of waiting. We stayed three nights so the Safeway with deli just across the parking lot was very convenient. Service station only a block away. Overall, a great place to stay.
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
onlineshop
"Ok for a one-night stop on the road"
Found a few hairs in the bathroom which is a big NO for me. When you stumble on such a basic requirement, this is bad. Otherwise, it's a rather new property with all the amenities you would expect from a hotel of this category. The view on the river was pretty good. Kind of grumpy staff but they do their job.
2 night trip Jul 27, 2014
"073014 Visit"
We walked in the room it was clean however we found hair in the bathtub. The next day we went for breakfast and had coffee. My daughter got there at 9:20 crab some muffins. She started to figure out the pancake machine so I stood up to help her and a lady by the name of Adriana grab the door of the pancake machine and shut the door. So I told her excuse me but I am trying to make some pancake and replied it's 9:30 we are close. Also I noticed a gentleman was getting some yogurt and she did the same thing shut the door and locked it. So I just said this is the service we get here. Then she started to give the guy the yogart and comes back to us and tells us the pancake is all gone. So we were done spoke with the manager and just left the hotel and headed home even if we paid for 2 nights. Horrible experience never coming back. Fine lines should say no longer Holiday Inn owned.
Other trip Aug 3, 2014
dave
"Convenient location"
In town for a baseball tournament and the hotel was central to fields and has great freeway access. We travelled with our dog, so had a pet room that was great, didn't smell. Located right next to the river so the dog could swim and the kids could jump from the rocks. Food and service was good. The neighborhood seems a little iffy in the evenings. Didn't have concern for my safety, but wouldn't let my kids wander around outside by themselves in the evening.
4 night family trip Jul 24, 2014
"Excellent Value in a Greater Portland Hotel"
This is a well built hotel in near new condition. The rooms all have a lovely view and balcony facing the Clakamas River. Although there's a busy highway bridge beyond the river, making for a high background noise level, the doors all have sound proofing and the rooms are very quiet. The place is solidly built like a hotel should be, in other words. The bed was terrific, super comfortable, and the room was very pleasant. The staff was friendly, and they even supplied a complimentary evening salad and glass of wine. The breakfast was ample and had lots of hot and cold selections. There's a nice indoor pool on the lower level. We'd stay here again in a heartbeat!
Other trip Jul 31, 2014