All hotels in Gladstone, Oregon, United States of America

• Value
    Good internet service
    Great amenities
"Family Vacation"
This trip was a family vacation in the Portland Area. We enjoyed our stay very much. The hotel room was clean an comfortable. The beds were especially comfortable. My kids loved the breakfast each morning with its wide variety of foods. My wife and I liked the evening wine & beer (limit 2) and small salad bar. I think all rooms have a view of the river. The staff are friendly and accommodating. We enjoyed our stay and had no complaints.
Other trip Mar 1, 2015
"Very nice!!"
Had a lovely view of the river, room was clean, comfortable and super quiet! I normally have a hard time sleeping in hotels, but I feel right asleep this time. Would absolutely stay again/recommend to a friend :)
Other trip Feb 27, 2015
Rachel
"Close to Clackamas and Willamette Rivers"
We had a very nice room with view of Clackamas River. There are walking paths nearby that take you to Gladstone or to Oregon City by Willamette River. The continental breakfast was more than enough. Staff was very friendly and helpful.
Other trip Feb 25, 2015
"Great thank you your morning breakfast is excellen"
Great service Dorin the morning person very professional person AAA+++
1 night romance trip Feb 17, 2015
Maria
Had to reserve at the last minute, great value and the evening reception was great, after a long day we could stay in the hotel for dinner. Dori also checked to make sure everything was good .
Response by Holiday Inn Express Portland SE- Clackamas Area
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay. I have passed along the review to Dorie and was pleased to know that she was very helpful to you during your stay. We do hope that you will come see us again next time your travels bring you to the Portland/Clackamas area.
1 night family trip Feb 19, 2015
Candace
"Happy customer!"
Great! This is now our go to place when we are in Portland.
2 night family trip Feb 13, 2015
"Decent hotel, NOT close to Portland."
Holiday Inn Expresses are always pretty good hotels. This one was pretty nice but the staff wasn't. We were awakened early on Sunday morning because they were either shampooing the carpets or drilling something. There was some weird, high pitched noise in the hallway ALL MORNING. When we told the front desk about it, they totally didn't care. Not a sincere apology or anything. One front desk clerk pretty much looked at us as if we were the nuisances and then put her head back down to tend to whatever work she was doing.
Other trip Feb 18, 2015
Jeannie
Staff was very nice and helpful. Was disappointed in the backdoor operations as twice I had to walk around to the front of the hotel because of the door misdirection.
1 night trip Feb 12, 2015
Christina
"Very nice hotel"
I had a very nice experience here. My room was clean and the pillows I absolutely loved. The staff was super friendly and accommodating. I would recommend this hotel to all.
Other trip Feb 13, 2015
"Wonderful stay"
We were return customers, and even got the same exact room. Hotel staff is always friendly, and the breakfast and evening social is always welcome.
2 night family trip Feb 2, 2015
"No peace and quiet here."
This hotel is a nice place with clean, updated rooms and good facilities, but it is right next to a busy highway. The noise is unbearable. Also, the room shakes from the truck traffic going by. So even though the furniture in the room was new and the room was clean, I would never stay here again.
Other trip Feb 6, 2015
Joanna
"Great overnight destination"
Very clean and serves a great breakfast spread. Front desk is helpful and friendly.
Other trip Feb 4, 2015
Wolf
"Nice room and amenities. Convenient to freeway."
The room was nice. I had some work to do and the desk, sofa and high speed internet made for a good work environment. The dog friendly room was perfect for my two medium sized dogs -- there was a good potty place outside. There is a large grocery store (Safeway) right next door. There were, however, no other major attractions of any significant note nearby -- thus, you would probably only be staying here if you need a nice room next to a freeway.
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
"Typical hotel on a freeway"
we thought we had booked a 2 queen w/balcony, as I even talked with a rep at Hotels.com when we booked. When we got there, we were told it was not with a balcony. The desk clerk, called her boss and got us the balcony room, always keeping calm. Hotels.com misrepresented the room we were to receive. I am happy with how Holiday Inn took care of us, but very disappointed in Hotels.com, their picture showed the queen room with balcony. The Holiday Inn Express is right on the freeway as many people have indicated, very noisy, and the noise from the other rooms is terrible, when they build these places they should include some insulation. The breakfast is typical, good cinnamon rolls though.
2 night family trip Jan 24, 2015
Hazel
"Great view overlooking river in SE Portland, OR."
Best Holiday Inn I've ever stayed in. Well situated, great staff, scrumptious breakfast.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Portland SE- Clackamas Area
Thank you for the kind words, and taking the time to write a review regarding your experience. I am glad that you were able to enjoy our breakfast as we strive to have a variety of items for all dietary needs. We hope that you will stay with us again the next time your travels bring you to the Clackamas area.
Other trip Jan 28, 2015
daKurf
"Dance Central"
We stayed after traveling 5 hours and enjoyed a nice night's sleep, delicious breakfast, and arrived at our dance program on time, a very comfortable experience.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Portland SE- Clackamas Area
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and be your home away from home for the night. We take great pride in our guests and in our many groups that come to stay with us and nothing could make me happier than to know that you had a enjoyable night and started the day off with a healthy breakfast. I hope that the dance competition went well and we will see you again soon!
Other trip Jan 25, 2015
Grandpa
We went with our dog. No rugs, but it was comfortable.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Portland SE- Clackamas Area
Thank you for taking the time to to write a review and share your thoughts on your stay. We do have a limited number of pet rooms and those rooms were designed with no rugs in them. All our non pet rooms do have carpets in them. We do encourage you to travel with your pet each time and welcome them to the hotel, I hope that you were able to take a stroll down the walking path near the hotel with your dog. Looking forward to your next stay with us!
Other trip Jan 25, 2015
This is a great hotel but it is a bit noisy next to freeway. I used the gym and indoor pool and jacuzzi. It has a free breakfast available. Its also next to a grocery store which has a Starbucks in it. Convenient to Clackamas and Oregon City. Will stay again!
4 night family trip Nov 18, 2014
Tracie
"Nice view next to the river"
Love the size and layout of the room. Staff were friendly and helpful.
Other trip Jan 15, 2015
"Right on the river"
Overall it was very good. The evening snacks including salad was a real bonus. The room was clean and the staff was friendly and efficient. The only downside was that it was right across from the freeway, but the soundproofing was pretty good, so it sounded like a river (which was also right there) and did not interfere with sleeping. Will probably stay there again.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Portland SE- Clackamas Area
Thank you for your review and the kind words about your stay. WE take great pride in being able to give a guest a room that is sparkling clean and an enjoyable stay. Everyone here hopes that you will come stay with us again the next time your travels bring you to the Portland/Clackamas Area
Other trip Jan 6, 2015
"Clean nice hotel"
This is a holiday inn express, not a Grand Hyatt. It was clean, The people were helpful, the pool was clean with plenty of towels, breakfast was yummy and kid friendly. It it's right next to I205 it can be noisy, The river is nice though. It worked perfectly for us.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Portland SE- Clackamas Area
Thank you for taking the time in your busy schedule to write a review regarding your stay. I am pleased that you enjoyed your time with us and do hope that you will return.
1 night family trip Dec 29, 2014
"Great place to stay with family and pet."
Lost our belonging but they got it back for us. Thank you!!
Response by Holiday Inn Express Portland SE- Clackamas Area
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay with us. We know that from time to time people can leave behind items and we do our very best to ensure that each item is returned to their owner. Safe travels and see you again real soon!
1 night family trip Dec 26, 2014
"I want to go back"
We had a great view of the Clackamas River from our room. The staff was very accommodating. We were there on Christmas Eve and they went out of their way to be gracious when all our adult children came to stay the night with us in the room. They had biscuits and gravy in the breakfast room each morning and it was good. I've never seen that in any other hotel. We were there for three days and it was very nice each day.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Portland SE- Clackamas Area
Thank you for spending the Christmas holiday with us , I am pleased that we were able to make your stay a great home away from home. We understand the importance of the holidays and want each of our guests to feel like they are home. I am glad that you were able to enjoy our breakfast that does include the biscuits and gravy and the other items in our breakfast. I do hope that you will come back and spend some more time with us in the near future.
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
"Exceeded expectations."
Kindra was so kind and helpful. The buffet exceeded our expectations. Close to a nice walking trail. We will be back.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Portland SE- Clackamas Area
Thank you for your king words regarding our staff member Kindra, I have shared your review with her as well. I am also pleased to read that you enjoyed our buffet and its many selections that are able to fit several dietary needs. We look forward to your next stay!
2 night family trip Dec 26, 2014
Dawn
"Christmas 2014"
We had a good time. Grandkids got to SWIM!!!!
Response by Holiday Inn Express Portland SE- Clackamas Area
Any hotel stay is enjoyable when grandchildren get to come and visit and a plus when they are able to swim. I ma pleased to read that you grandchildren enjoyed our indoor pool and that you enjoyed your stay. Please come see us again.
2 night family trip Dec 25, 2014
"Great place to stay."
was greeted with a friendly smile, told us about all of the accommodations, room was clean and very quiet at night. will be back!
1 night family trip Dec 24, 2014
Coleen
"great view of river....hard as a rock bed"
The room is okay, the bed is hard. I asked the staff if they had softer beds in the hotel and was told that they had the same beds in each room. The free breakfast had only a few healthy options, fruit.....typical fare for continental breakfast.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Portland SE- Clackamas Area
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I apologize that you stay was not what you expected and you had discomfort with the mattress. Our breakfast standard had a recent to change it a couple months ago to accommodate a variety of dietary options. We do offer fresh fruit, an oatmeal station, hard boiled eggs, yogurt of different varieties as well as our signature pancakes. We offer daily turkey sausage and other meats and egg products as well as gluten free items. I do hope that you will give us another try the next time your travels bring you to the Clackamas Area.
Other trip Dec 26, 2014
"No hot water"
After we arrived, we wanted to take a warm shower, but there was no hot water. After calling down to the desk, we were informed it would be an hour before they could get a tech out to look into it. The desk informed us we would be discounted for our trouble, this was Friday night. On Sunday morning when we went to check out, the person at the desk would not issue us the discount promised, and even argued with me over if we really did not have hot water on Friday night!
Response by Holiday Inn Express Portland SE- Clackamas Area
I thank you for your review and apologize that your stay was not up to your expectations. I also want to apologize for the treatment that you received regarding your check out. Our staff did correct the hot water issue promptly after we were notified . I do hope that you will give us another try to make things right and show you the experience that you can come to expect from us.
2 night family trip Dec 19, 2014
Darlene
"Good business or less expensive family place to st"
Hotel staff was more than friendly and accommodating. The hotel conducts a simple wine and beer hour in the evening with light snacks. And the breakfast is nice with plenty of cold and hot foods. While this is on the river and has a view of it, beware it is close to I205 so there is road noise. Close the sliding door and it is blocked. Also, the HVAC unit tends to be a bit noisy but the rest of the features of the hotel offset that one smaller inconvenience.
1 night business trip Dec 17, 2014
HARRY
"Won't stay at again."
Came for medical treatments. Upon arrival we saw we did not receive the suite we had requested. Was told those were mainly for the Business people. What not impressed with check in at all! Everyone else was great and friendly.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Portland SE- Clackamas Area
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review regarding your stay and apologize that it was less than what you expected . I can assure you that all our rooms types are open for any quest to reserve at anytime. We have a variety of rooms types available from a king standard to a two bed deluxe room. I do apologize for your less than perfect stay and hope that you will come stay again next time your travels bring you to the area.
2 night business trip Dec 14, 2014
"Great Place to stay"
Our stay was great! The night desk was so helpful. would stay there again. The only down side was the breakfast, the warm food Eggs, Sausages, and the biscuits Gravy were cold.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Portland SE- Clackamas Area
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I do apologize that the warm breakfast items were not warm when you ate them ,I have discussed this with the breakfast staff to ensure that each items stays warm during breakfast hours. I also have shared your comments with the staff and pleased to read that they were helpful during your stay. I hope that you will come see us again! Safe travels.
2 night business trip Dec 12, 2014
Tom J
I had a short stay. Very nice staff at front desk. Room was clean and pleasant. Complimentary breakfast was nice in a very pleasant and clean dining area.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Portland SE- Clackamas Area
I thank you for your review and nice comments about the front desk staff and the room. We take great pride to be able to provide a room that is a home away from home and ensure that each guest has a pleasant stay. I do hope that the next time that you are in the area that you are able to stay a bit longer and hopefully enjoy the jacuzzi or the pool. Safe travels!
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
"Buying a Jeep close to Portland"
Went north to buy a Jeep at Town and Country Honda. We have stayed at this motel before and liked it. We asked for a certain type room and they didn't know of they would be able to provide it. When we checked in, they had done all we had asked for. Motel is right on the river, nice night, so we slept with the sliding door open to the balcony, nice sounds. Motel was also only a short distance to our destination. Great breakfast the next morning. All was great!
Response by Holiday Inn Express Portland SE- Clackamas Area
Thank you for your review. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to accommodate your needs. I do hope that you will continue to stay with us when you need to make a trip back to the Town and Country Honda dealership or any other time you are in the Portland area.
Other trip Dec 8, 2014
"Friendly"
Prompt service and great information. We arrived early and our room was ready comfortable and quiet. We would stay here again
Response by Holiday Inn Express Portland SE- Clackamas Area
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us, we really appreciate it. Our great location, friendly staff and nice amenities make us a warm, welcoming "home away from home". We do hope to see you again when you come back to the area. Safe travels.
Other trip Dec 2, 2014
"Very nice hotel right off of 205; very convenient!"
Was very pleased with the hotel, from the service to the room. It was very easy to find, and provided all the amenities we needed. A pleasant surprise was the evening wine & snack time in the breakfast room.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Portland SE- Clackamas Area
I greatly appreciate you taking the time to write a review regarding your stay and have proudly shared the review with all the staff. Our hotels location right off the the 205 highway exit makes it for an easy on /off access to allow for less confusion for all travels. I am pleased that you were able to enjoy the managers reception that we have a couple days during the week. it really is a great surprise for our guests and a relaxing way to unwind after a day or work or travel. I do hope that you will come stay with us again. See you soon!
Other trip Dec 2, 2014
Sylvia
"very friendly staff and great customer service"
we arrived around 8pm, we checked in and went up to our room which smelled like smoke, but not to bad. we mentioned it to the front desk clerk and she changed our room right away. they had a nice evening happy hour with snacks and drinks, it was nice to sit down and have a glass of wine after a long day of driving. very friendly staff and great customer service
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
Crystal
"Great stop for business trip"
Very easy access off of freeway. Room was quite clean and the complimentary breakfast had a great selection of food items. The staff was pleasant and gave me directions to various destinations locally. View of river from balcony, but the freeway noise was a bit loud to enjoy it.
1 night business trip Nov 16, 2014
Dawn
"Great location!"
We chose this hotel because Holiday Inn Express hotels are very reliable. This was an exceptionally nice one! Great breakfast each morning and hot coffee/tea and fruit and cookies available all day in a nice lobby sitting area with a TV and a cozy fireplace.
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
Shelley
"Nice hotel on the river."
Pleasantly surprised . Loved the breakfast and also the wine/beer social from 5:30 to 9:30 .
Response by Holiday Inn Express Portland SE- Clackamas Area
I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay and that we were able to surprise you with a pleasant stay. Our hotel does offer a managers reception a couple days during the week and its a nice unwind from the hussle and bussle of a busy travel day. The staff and myself hope that you will return again the next time your travels bring you to the clackamas area.
"Very pleased!"
Nice hotel, clean, good rates. Kids loved the pool. I loved looking out at the river with the trees in autumn color. Even though it was right by the freeway, you didn't notice the traffic.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Portland SE- Clackamas Area
One of the many things that people enjoy about this fall season is that we are able to look out anywhere and see the changing colors of the trees. It makes it even better when you are away from home and can look out a hotel window and see those comforting signs of fall. With our hotel along the banks of the Clackamas River it makes it a picture perfect view . Thank you for taking the time to write a review and sharing your comments about the hotel.
Terry
"Nothing special but hotel is close to freeway."
Front desk employee busy smoking outside in front of hotel so we had to wait for her to finish before we could check in. No towels at the pool had to make two calls to finally get some. Time to renovate hotel getting dated. Need a manager on duty to make sure employees are working. I would go elsewhere next time.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Portland SE- Clackamas Area
I sincerely apologize that you had a bad experience with check in and can assure you that this is something that does not normally happen and has been addressed with the staff. Our hotel was recently converted to a Holiday Inn Express and many changes were made in the hotel to make it more modern and accommodating to guest. I do hope that you will give us another try so that we can show you the experience that you can expect when you check in and a outstanding stay.
good place, between the portland and woodburn. just beside the highway 205. Free parking, free breakfast is good.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Portland SE- Clackamas Area
Thank you for taking the time to leave a a review regarding your stay. I do hope that if your travels bring you this way again that you will continue to stay with us.
Shi
"River view in Clackamas."
Wonderful place. I'd recommend this place to anyone.
2 night family trip Nov 3, 2014
"Great River Views"
Great balconies overlooking the river
2 night business trip Oct 22, 2014
"Best Holiday Inn"
Loved the service and the friendly staff. Beautiful view of the river from my room that had a balcony. Excellent location with Safeway right across parking lot, a restaurant easy access to the 205-freeway. They had hot breakfast in the morning and free snacks in the evening of chips and sala, party mix snacks, mini salad bar, and free drinks like soda, BEER&water...dining area charming with spread out seating and comfy chairs by the fireplace which I enjoyed:). My room was fairly clean. I'd go here again!
Response by Holiday Inn Express Portland SE- Clackamas Area
It is a pleasure to read the review that you took the time to write, I have shared it with the hotel staff and we all say thank you and hope that you do come back the next time that you travel to the Portland SE/Clackamas area. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and the amenities that we had to offer at the hotel.
2 night business trip Oct 20, 2014
"Overall, A Great Stay"
First, if you have kids and want a warm pool, this is the place. Second, breakfast is ok, but if you have dietary issues (dairy/lactose) be forewarned that the eggs do have cheese in them and your choices will be limited. I never understood why US Holiday Inns do not offer soy/milk alternative like some of their Canadian counterparts. Our room was clean, but did have some sticky candy residue on the floor next to the bed. Staff was courteous and welcoming. We will stay again.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Portland SE- Clackamas Area
Thank you for your review of our property, The staff and myself take each review as a learning tool so that we can better the service and quality of each guest stay. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the pool and able to use it during your stay. Our breakfast items are rotated so that we have a different egg product daily, some days we will have the cheese omelets other days we will have egg patties(good for egg sausage sandwiches) or scrambled eggs. I do apologize for not have a soy or other alternative milk item product. I know that people have many dietary needs and our new breakfast requirements tries to cater to the many different needs. I do apologize for the sticky residue on the floor next to the bed in the room and have since spoken to the housekeeping department . I look forward to your next stay with us!
1 night family trip Oct 18, 2014
"Great spot to spend the night"
Although not a recreation spot--and certainly not much to do in the immediate vicinity--this was a comfortable and quiet spot to spend the night. The little river outside the window was an enjoyable bonus. TIP: for those on a low carb diet, skip the free breakfast.
1 night business trip Oct 16, 2014
Dana
"Very Pleasantly Surprised!"
The room was very clean. Front desk very pleasant. Close to where we needed to go. Great breakfast for morning!
Response by Holiday Inn Express Portland SE- Clackamas Area
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about out property. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you will return the next time that you are in the Clackamas area.
Other trip Oct 19, 2014
"Comfortable stay"
Our room was small, but comfortable. The complimentary breakfast was a plus because it saved us time and money, AND it was pretty good. The only negative side of our stay was the freeway noise. We were on the river side, which is beautiful, but you can't go outside because the sound is deafening. We kept the fan on high all night long to reduce the noise.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Portland SE- Clackamas Area
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property. Each review is read by all staff members so its great to see that you enjoyed your stay. We are glad that you were able to enjoy the view of the river and apologize that the noise from the freeway was a trouble for you. I am pleased to read that you also enjoyed the breakfast, we recently made some changes to it to accommodate several dietary needs. I hope that you will stay with us the next time that you travel to the Portland SE/Clackamas area .
2 night family trip Oct 10, 2014
Heidi
Lobby and breakfast area very comfortable. Went to go swimming and there were no towels, had to call front desk twice for housekeeping to bring towels
Other trip Oct 12, 2014