All hotels in London, England, United Kingdom

Good internet service
    Great pool
    Food is all right
    Bad breakfast
Although the hotel was nice and the breakfast was not I would rate it as 5 star more like 3 or 4 star. Decor felt a bit dated and spa was nice but very hot - I have been to more lush hotels. For hat we paid for 1 night I wouldn't go there again.
1 night trip with friends Apr 1, 2016
Sema
"Bloomsbury luxury with expensive breakfast"
Very good room, though not all that spacious. Bathroom very small but well appointed, and a good shower. My only reservation is that breakfast is too expensive at £23, or £17 for continental.
1 night family trip Mar 18, 2016
Philip
"Great Hotel.....little bit of luxury at low price"
Excellent breakfast, £23 justified by the addition of special touches such as linen napkins, single serve condiment jars (Not fighting with sachets) plate warmer. Very nice hotel, great location for business.
1 night business trip Jan 24, 2016
Judith
"Ok"
Not great service. Had to phone reception twice with the same request. Very small shower room.
2 night business trip Jan 10, 2016
Christopher
"A Chill Out Stay"
Best thing about the Grange is the lovely warm and large swimming pool (and spa,sauna and fitness room) in basement. very calm atmosphere and open all over the Christmas Bank Holidays. Christmas lunch was average. Very convenient location to Theatreland and Covent Garden area.
4 night romance trip Dec 23, 2015
Marguerita
"Great 2 day break"
Had a 2 day break at the Grange Holborn for my girlfriends 40th. The hotel is very stylish and has very helpful staff who were always smiling. We paid extra for breakfast which was very plentiful and nice. The bar prices were quite reasonable for 5 star hotel. My only gripe was some of the decor needed some TLC as there were a few scratches on the walls around the place. However we had a very comfortable stay and the rooms were cleaned to a high standard on both days we were there. The hotel is very close to all the sights of London and only a 10 minute walk to Shaftsbury Ave where all the theatres are. Many thanks to all the staff at the Grange Holborn and we hope to come back again in the future.
2 night romance trip Dec 20, 2015
"This claims to be a 5* hotel - it isn't."
Rooms are tiny and 'tired'. It's a function hotel. Proper 5* hotels don't have anything to worry about. I wouldn't stay here again.
Other trip Dec 21, 2015
"Great convenient Holborn hotel"
Excellent hotel if you need to be central in the Holborn area. Helpful staff, lovely pool with steam room and sauna and free wifi and desk meant one can get a bit of work done too. Only issue is price of breakfast - why would one spend £28 to have a hotel breakfast when classic places like The Delauney are 10 mins walk away and half that for something special.
1 night business trip Nov 6, 2015
"Not a 5 star hotel"
The hotel location is very good and the hotel has an excellent swimming pool. Also the concierge staff were very friendly and helpful. Other than that it is really hard to see how it has a 5 star rating. Carpets are worn and stained, corridor and room decor is dreary, bathroom in our room was smallest I have ever seen in a hotel, no robes or slippers in room, buffet selection poor and some hot food undercooked. Also we are a family of 3 and stayed in a room with 2 queens beds yet we only ever got 2 bath towels and 2 hand towels. We arrived back to our room at 3:15pm one afternoon having left the hotel at 10am with the 'Please make up room' sign outside the door and at 3:15pm it had still not been made up.
3 night family trip Oct 29, 2015
"Half-Term"
I stayed at The Grange Holborn overnight with my 7 year old daughter. As it was half-term, we wanted a hotel which was central and had a pool. They upgraded us on arrival and the room was spacious, clean and comfortable. We would have liked a DVD player, but managed without one! The pool was was warm and they provided floats/toys for children: my only complaint was that children could only use the pool at set hours during the week. While I understand that this is to allow adults to swim laps in peace, it meant we didn't have time to use it in the morning before check out (children's session began at 10 & check-out was at 11). When I pointed this out to Reception, where we were dropping off our bags for the day, they told us we could come back for a swim when we collected our bags (despite having checked out), which we did. So, I was impressed with their customer service and would definitely return. Overall, great location and great hotel.
1 night family trip Oct 29, 2015
Very good hotel! Nice and helpful staff.
4 night business trip Oct 15, 2015
Sevil
"Good Location - but not 5 * standard"
I was disappointed with the hotel - It is not 5* as it is claimed to be. I was looking forward to the stay for 2 nights and spent more for the 5* experience. the bedroom was tired - old furniture - no window to open Bathroom was small and cramped. the ground floor / lobby area is a nice space to meet with friends and have a beverage, but that's about it - I didn't experience the restaurant - dined out each night. just disappointed with the room - definitely not a 5 star standard.
2 night trip Oct 10, 2015
Ciaran
"NOT a 5 star hotel."
Admittedly it is a good location and the staff were mostly friendly. However I travel extensively and this is not a 5 star hotel...the decor and facade are far from appealing. I thought I had stepped back into the 1970's
Other trip Oct 12, 2015
mark
"Theatre night stay"
15 minutes walk to most of the theatres. Amenities good. Will stay again.
1 night trip with friends Sep 25, 2015
CHARMAINE
"Grange Holborn"
Fridge didn't work, a/c was broken on arrival as was tv. Spa was ok but lacking jacuzzi and pool was a tad cold. Breakfast disappointing and poor for 5 star. The hotel itself has no atmosphere. I've stayed at a few grange hotels and this would probably be the last.
1 night romance trip Sep 27, 2015
Cameron
The position and service is very good, but it looks kind of old
1 night family trip Sep 27, 2015
"Great hotel for theatre district and sightseeing"
Great hotel in an excellent, central location. Whilst it is central, it's not too noisy. My only niggle is the cost of the breakfast if it's not included in your room rate - £23 each is way over the top. Not to worry though - there's a good cafe diagonally opposite, go there instead.
2 night romance trip Sep 19, 2015
"Bad timing"
i stayed for 2 nights to attend a photography course held in Hattan Gardens. After a long day of learning I came back to the hotel looking for s nice relaxing swim. Instead 3 children splashing and screaming in the pool gave me a headache. I was very disappointed as I love swimming. It is a very beautiful and tranquil pool area. Dimmed lights with loungers around the edge, not sure kids should be allowed to bang floats and basically take over the pool. I wanted to relax.
2 night business trip Sep 18, 2015
robert
"Weekend getaway"
Lovely large room although wrong side of hotel so views were restricted.
2 night family trip Sep 11, 2015
hilary
"Grange Holborn"
The Hotel was very convenient to the West End and to Theatreland, which suited us very well as we could walk everywhere.
3 night romance trip Sep 9, 2015
"great location in central London"
The location was great, about 10 minutes from covent garden and an easy walk or tube ride to everywhere we wanted to visit. British Museum just around the corner too.
2 night romance trip Aug 27, 2015
"Short stay London"
Two great days in London to catch some sights. Hotel well located for our needs.
2 night romance trip May 25, 2015
Bryce
NZ
"Great location 3mins walk to underground"
as expected you are paying for the location, the hotel is a little old but nevertheless the entire toilet was brand new, which is a great plus. lots of nice restaurants nearby as well, a little dear but still recommend it
2 night trip with friends Aug 16, 2015
"Grange Holborn week"
Good location close to my business venue and close to many restaurants and bars with public transport access to the rest of London. Will try to sleep stay there next time too
6 night business trip Aug 2, 2015
"Average London Hotel central location"
Nothing special. easy place to crash. I thought it was at least a 4 star when I booked. This was not a 4 star, by any stretch of the imagination.
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
Have read that hotel was dated !! I would say the decor was meant to be this way!! Pleasant staff, good location, My one gripe was that every time I paid for a drink they charged a service charge, on every round which came to about £10,seeing as we were sat at the bar,I thought this was over the top, as the drinks are not cheap in any hotel!! Unfortunately I never noticed until I looked at the receipts,the following day! My fault I suppose ! Overall a very pleasant stay
Other trip Jul 14, 2015
"Great location and lovely room"
Check in was a good, speedy experience. Unusually for London the twin bedded room had two queen/double beds. The view from the 5th floor was great - overlooking the junction of Southampton Row and Theobalds Road, nicer than it sounds. My only complaint is the toilet flushing button in the bathroom. It was nigh impossible to press with long nails. I would definitely stay again.
Other trip Jul 14, 2015
Maureen
"Nice hotel for family trip to the capital"
Staff very helpful, good location and nice size rooms. Good leisure facilities. Will definitely stay again.
1 night family trip Jul 5, 2015
Nick
"Pretty Average"
Ideal hotel for what i needed, but a bit shabby. Poor value for money, but great location.
1 night business trip Jun 18, 2015
Suzanne
We had a two night stay after our wedding. The staff were fantastic, the room probably the best we've stayed in and the location within walking distance of theatres and restaurant was ideal. Highly recommended.
Other trip May 27, 2015
Brian & Lynn
"Grange Hotel - great night's sleep just don't eat"
Food was very disappointing. Stale breakfast rolls & underwhelming function food
1 night business trip May 21, 2015
"Lovely stay"
Central London and didn't hear any noise , room was lovely and big and cosy , staff were so helpful . Will definately be staying again soon
1 night trip with friends Mar 27, 2015
It was a nice hotel, good location and what we needed it for. We were in London for a wedding and I had to go to another hotel to get ready with the Bride. My partner used the facilities to kill time before the wedding. For the most part the hotel was great. The cleanliness of the Spa facilities need to be addressed and maybe updated.
Other trip May 5, 2015
Excellent stay. Good gym. Great pool. Great location!
2 night trip Apr 30, 2015
Nathan
"Nice hotel near tube"
Decent hotel but we did have problems with the front desk answering the phone, both from room and outside line.
Other trip May 3, 2015
"fold away beds!!"
Spent very little time in the hotel so unable to appreciate the pool, soa etc. The bed was extremely disappointing appeared to be like a camp bed could fold up in unit. Bedroom itself very dated.
2 night romance trip Apr 17, 2015
"highly recommended for location, cleanliness and s"
We had a fabulous stay. All the staff were friendly and helpful. The location was perfect having purchased tickets to see Memphis which was on at the theatre just down the road. Covent garden and Leicester square was within walking distance. Would highly recommend hotel.
2 night trip with friends Mar 21, 2015
Helen
"Disappointing: Not a 5* Stay"
The location of this hotel is superb, close to tube stations, main stations, restaurants and supermarkets a stone's throw. However, this is not a 5* hotel. My room was cold and drafty because the windows didn't seal. Traffic noise came through with the cold air. I was not given a dressing gown so I couldn't wrap up warm. Also, there was no socket beside my bed so I had to get out of bed every time I received an email or text! The hotel restaurant was closed when I stayed but the hotel bar, although empty, was very nice. The good news is that the mini bar was fully stocked - rare these days.
1 night business trip Mar 22, 2015
"Holborn Grange - ok - not bad - not fantastic - ok"
despite asking, check in to bedroom not till three. restaurant Saturday lunch only for delegates but no signage as such. sunday breakfast - no replenishment of hot food despite 35 mins before close room service only replied via reception. sirens and horns all night but maybe we notice so much because of countryside where we live so all the below par stuff dealt with above. we enjoyed our time overall and well situated for theatre land - stay again ? maybe
2 night romance trip Mar 21, 2015
Martin
"Super stay"
Stayed with a friend in a superior twin room on the fourth floor overlooking the street.We had a very comfortable stay with super comfy beds/pillows.The road noise was not a bother to me and I live in the countryside so was expecting worse.Really quiet during the night too.There was a nice sofa and coffee table in the room, perfect for looking through the complementary magazines. Everything was very clean,nice bathroom (with magnifying mirror for those like me who need it) The room had coffee and tea making facilities, an iron and ironing board,my only complaint was that the hairdryer was a bit dodgy. Can't rate the breakfast as we felt it was overpriced and chose to eat at nearby cafes, there are plenty. The hotel is very close to the tube and therefore easy to get about London but it's location is great on foot too. Staff were very helpful, pleasant and polite.
2 night trip with friends Mar 13, 2015
good hotel in a great location the only thing that spoilt it was the cost of the breakfast £23 each per day NO THANKS!!! I know this is a reasonably good hotel in a good location, but should it be necessary to walk around to find a café to have a good breakfast at a reasonable cost. I think £15 would be a reasonable charge. It would have made our stay more complete.
2 night romance trip Feb 27, 2015
"Weekend break"
Hotel lovely and we did receive complimentary upgrade to a suite. However, we visited the bar on a couple of occasions and did not find the female manager to be friendly at all, whilst the more junior staff being trained, one young girl had only been there 2 weeks and was extremely friendly and provided service with a smile, yet the female Manager of the bar was quite abrupt and rude to my husband. A hotel stay is all about the overall experience and not just the room and as the EMEA Travel Operations Manager for HP, customer service by all staff is the absolute key to success of any hotel. Staff really must greet guests with a friendly smile and make them feel welcome/special at all times. Even when the Bar Manager apologized to my husband it was not sincere.
1 night trip with friends Mar 7, 2015
"Nice hotel, in need of a refurb though"
Stayed here before but really too dark and dated now. It's 5 star and needs to up its game to a 5 star hotel. Only feels 4 star now...
Other trip Mar 1, 2015
"PATHETIC EXCUSE FOR A 4/5 STAR HOTEL! AVOID!!!!"
Absolutely horrible. We chose this hotel because it was the only option for us that was 4/5 star and had a pool (for our 4 year old to play in for a couple hours for our stay) in a certain area. The room was extremely small. It's a silly thing, but I can't say that ever seen a English/British hotel to not have complementary biscuits in the room (with the coffee/tea) except for this one. The big issue for us (the pool) we couldn't even use at 8:30am in the morning on a Monday because they don't allow children in the pool except for only certain hours -- and yet there were was NOONE else in the pool. And another thing, I'm an American -- they couldn't understand English when I called their reception. One more thing -- the building is really old. We have (like probably a lot of other people) many computers/devices to charge overnight. There were only 2 available sockets to use in the whole room. Really, the big thing in all of this was the inability to use the pool. I wouldn't be on here griping if it wasn't for that. But the lady was so snotty and completely apathetic to our feelings as customers as we're standing there in our bathrobes walking down from the 5th floor with our excited 4 year old, it was a horrible feeling to have to tell our daughter -- while she's crying -- what can we do? This hotel sucks!
1 night family trip Feb 15, 2015
Zak
"Anniversary treat"
Wonderful hotel!! We booked booked a return visit to celebrate our wedding anniversary. When we arrived to check-in at Reception, our room had been up-graded(for free) to a delux suite - it was fantastic! Food was really delicious. Gym and spa facilities were great - the staff were very attentive too!!
1 night romance trip Feb 2, 2015
"Good central London location with a swimming pool"
Generally pleasant. Check in & out simple & hassle free. Room spacious & beds comfy. Decent sized swimming pool that we used twice. Comfy seating area in bar with quick service.
Other trip Jan 28, 2015
H
"Excellent staff and hotel"
Staff are extremely helpful, hotel is very clean, leisure facilities are very good - an advance breakfast rate at the time of booking or on check in would be a welcome addition
Other trip Jan 27, 2015
Gaz
"Night Out in London City"
Great Location,great hotel.
1 night romance trip Jan 23, 2015
"Excellent hotel, but fails on the details"
This is a marvelous hotel in an excellent location. the facilities are all top notch and the rooms are very comfortable. The spa and pool in the basement are also very well maintained. There are some problems with the staff however. I was disturbed from my mid-afternoon nap by someone who eanted to restock the mini-bar. This should have been done before I checked in, and certainly wasn't important enough to wake up a jet-lagged traveller. The reception also transferred me to a metered international call, for which I was charged, when I specifically requested that I be advised on how to make a reverse charge call instead. I am surprised that a hotel of this quality could fail to provide an excellent level of service.
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
"Grange Holborn"
Warm welcome, comfortable room, good location. Would recommend.
1 night trip with friends Jan 10, 2015