All hotels in Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States of America

Comfortable
  • Wellness Area
    Poor wellness & sports facilities
"good spot in Ann Arbor"
Its a nice spot, seems pretty new and well run. Only issue is proximity to the highway and the truck/car noise.
3 night trip with friends Sep 12, 2013
"Nice hotel, easy access to U Michigan"
This was a Holiday Inn Express. Staff was very friendly. Room was spacious. Only complaint; no fridge or microwave in the room, in contrast to other Holiday Inn Express sites in which I have stayed.
Other trip Sep 17, 2013
"Close to U of M"
Vanessa at the front desk is the best. Anything we needed - she was there for us. Nice shuttle to and from the university for the game. Good restaurants and mall within walking distance.
3 night family trip Sep 12, 2013
"Annoying Noise from Nearby Highway"
The sink was leaking in my room. It was being fixed, but it is a nuisance and noisy when it was being fixed. My room is very close to the I-94 highway. The traffic noise from the highway is very annoying during the night. For the room rate (~$150 per night), I will not stay here next time when I go to Ann Arbor, MI.
Response by Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ann Arbor
I am very disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I would like to apologize for your bad experience at our property. We do have rooms that are on the mall side so the noise isn't so annyoying. Requests can be made and we do everything we can to accommodate them. I have taken your service responses back to my team as a coaching tool. Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. We rely on you , our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I have taken note and wish to thank you for your valuable comment. These are of great importnce to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.
Other trip Sep 4, 2013
Very convenient to UMIch
1 night trip Aug 27, 2013
"Great hotel for Ann Arbor art festival trip"
Nice place close to bus for Art Fair getaway
1 night trip Jul 18, 2013
"Ok stay"
Poor lighting in bathroom . Floor near bedroom needed to be vacuumed. Ok for a one night stay. Complimentary breakfast was good with lots of food and beverage options.
1 night trip Jul 19, 2013
KAT
"Small rooms but clean"
I use Holiday Inn Express and Suites in different areas for business, and this one seemed to have the smallest room space of any of them. It was clean, and people were nice, but the linens seemed "less than" other ones in the brand. Most Ann Arbor rooms are small compared to other areas, so its probably just the real estate prices in the area.
1 night trip May 15, 2013

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"Ross Case Competition"
Hotel is easy to get to the airport using the AirRide - just get off at the Kensington and drag your bag to the next building. The problem with the hotel is that it is quite a walk to the Route 6 bus stop (which isn't sheltered). Not usually a problem unless is either raining or Winter (which is when we went). Room was big (awesome). Had an anteroom with a roll-out sofa where the 3rd teammate slept in addition to the 2 double beds.
3 night business trip Dec 2, 2015
SG
"Highly recommend"
Great layout for family of 5. Comfortable, clean and great location.
Response by Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ann Arbor
Dear Tina, Thank you for sharing your thoughts and comments regarding your recent stay with us. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed the room layout for your family of 5. I’m glad you and your family were comfortable during your stay, that is great news! It was an absolute pleasure having you here, we hope you choose us for your future overnight needs next time you are in Ann Arbor. Have a wonderful day!
1 night family trip Jul 22, 2015
Tina
"Good business stop over"
Good business stop over. Hotels is as rated.
Response by Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ann Arbor
Dear David, Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. If you’re in Ann Arbor again we hope you will come stay with us again. We hope you have a fantastic day!
1 night business trip Jun 16, 2015
"Clean & comfortable, great pricing!"
The hotel was clean & comfortable. Staff was courteous and professional! Price was good. I would stay here again for sure!
1 night romance trip May 27, 2015
sharon
"Decent hotel, dissapointing customer care"
Unfortunately upon arrival we found that the room we had booked was unsuitable for an additional rollaway bed contrary to the information on expedia. This resulted in the additional cost of an upgrade to a king suite. We had clearly requested a rollaway bed when booking and the hotel failed to warn us it before arrival that it would be unavailable or provide a complimentary upgrade. Dissapointing!
Other trip May 11, 2015
We were really impressed with our stay here. We checked in around midnight and the custoemr service was excellent. The hotel decor was beautiful, parking and a delicious breakfast were included, and our room was clean, spacious and comfy.
1 night romance trip Oct 1, 2014
Larissa

The following reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"空港シャトルに乗りやすい"
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
Hiroshi
JP
"미시건 대학교 출장"
미시건 대학에 출장을 가신다면 추천합니다. 일단 위치가 고속도로 인접해있고, 바로 앞에 쇼핑몰도 있고 근처에 햄버거집, 한식당이 있습니다.조용하고 학교까지 거리는 조금 있지만 어짜피 차가 있을것이니 별 문제는 없을것입니다. 무선인터넷, 아침식사, 무료 주차입니다. 근처 다른 호텔과 비교해서 딱 튀어난것은 없을 수 있습니다만, 전체적으로 충분히 만족합니다. 휴양지가 아니니 휴가로 당연 의미가 없는것 같습니다.
Response by Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ann Arbor
리뷰 주셔서 감사 합니다. 난 당신의 체류를 즐길 듣고 행복 해요. 미래의 숙박 당신을 보고 싶습니다.
2 night business trip Dec 15, 2013
4 night trip Aug 24, 2014
Maggie
2 night trip Apr 4, 2014
1 night trip Feb 21, 2014
"Suitable for business and pleasure"
Other trip Nov 19, 2013
Janine

TripAdvisor reviews for Holiday Inn Express Ann Arbor

"Great Crew!"
05/01/16 Snokamo Madison, Wisconsin
Shirley and her crew know how to make the guests feel welcome and breakfast was great! Little Leo fell in love with Shirley and we are excited to stay there again! When we needed help with our room, or extra space for a family gathering, they did not hesitate and they made it happen! Thank you guys!
"Wonderful Experience !!!!"
04/25/16 ColleenLynne2 Tampa, Florida
This hotel was by far one of the best stays I've ever experienced ! The front desk employees , Cherese, Chris, Kenneth were so very helpful, polite, and always had a huge smile on their faces :) Silvia,who put breakfast together for all of us in the mornings, went over and above by getting set up a little earlier because I had to check out early to catch my flight ! Wow !!! They all exceeded any of my expectations and truly made my stay a wonderful experience ! Oh and by the way , My bed and pillows were extremely comfy and my room was spotless - very clean !!! When I come back ,this is my go to hotel without a doubt ! Thank you all for such a pleasant stay !!! Wish I could rate you all more stars !!!!
"Why stay any where else?"
04/18/16 MInone4 Traverse City, MI
Holiday Inn is the way to stay! Anytime we travel, I am sure to have the great beds, friendly service & hot and well stocked breakfast, No matter which Holiday Inn we have stayed at in any state, you can expect the same great stay! This location did have an extremely friendly front desk staff along with all the employees we encountered. When the breakfast room got busy, they immediately opened another room for the guests to sit at. Darla at the front desk was a jem,
"Friendly, helpful staff"
04/16/16 RoadTripJones
This HIE is not as updated as some others, but it's still very nice and clean with most of the amenities expected: newer TV, nice beds and bedding, and the usual good breakfast we've come to expect at a Holiday Inn Express. A few more outlets for cell phone/computer charging would be nice. We were surprised to find no fridge in the room, but when I mentioned this in passing to the front desk person she was more than happy to get us one right away...and it was already cold! The staff could not have been nicer or more helpful. The AC unit in our room wasn't quite doing the job, but they sent someone up immediately to fix it. Unfortunately it was a more involved fix, so we were given another room right away. And they sent the fridge with us! The hotel is conveniently located near a mall and several restaurants. It's also just a short drive to downtown and the UM campus. I must give a little shout out to Chris and Cherise (front desk) and Brian (maintenance) who, along with the rest of the staff, were all so friendly and accommodating. We would be happy to stay here again.
"Great Place to Stay"
04/03/16 MaryLee8 Medina, Ohio
Although we usually stay at a different hotel in town (because of accumulated hotel points), we booked the Holiday Inn Express for our most recent trip. The hotel is conveniently located near campus, the staff is very friendly and helpful and the rooms are clean and updated. To our pleasant surprise, they do not allow pets! I like animals, I just happen to think pets do not belong in hotels. Thank you Holiday Inn Express for your No Pets Policy. We definitely will be repeat customers.
"Fantastic Breakfast and Staff"
04/01/16 myeazel70 Ann Arbor, Michigan
I just had the most pleasant experience with breakfast this morning. Cherilyn and Brianna were just fantastic and so nice. It made the start of my day fantastic!!!! This is something so important since I had to give a presentation today.
"Great overnight hotel"
03/09/16 tennisoanther09 Toledo, Ohio
Wonderful hotel. Staff was very professional and friendly. Room was very comfortable and clean. Only complaint was that someone near by keep playing the same song over and over again, which we could hear. The breakfast was probably the best we have had in a hotel. It wasn't amazing but it was better then any other hotel we have stayed in.
"Hospitality, Conviviality, Kindness"
02/08/16 Ora J Detroit, Michigan
The hotel staff was demonstrated a great deal of hospitality, conviviality, and kindness. DeAnna who serve as the breakfast cook and at the front desk clerk was extremely kind, warm and welcoming to all guess.
"it's exactly what you think it is"
02/02/16 westchester2015 New York City, New York
This is a newer (about five years old?) Holiday Inn Express, just like all of them (elevators on the right for this one). It's on the mall ring road and part of the cluster of hotels that serve U of M. (There are two "downtown," but very hard to book for event weekends). Rates are literally quadrupled for those times.
"Very modern, great vibe, great staff"
01/30/16 wayfarers43 Minneapolis
Highly recommended. This hotel, along I-94, just west of Detroit, is new, extremely quiet, and clean. Most noticeable was modern/retro decor and spaciousness in lobby, rooms, and breakfast area. The staff was excellent--I made two mistakes while booking ( date ; then, type of room) and when I had to call to fix they were so accommodating--I was so impressed with the assistance! As we got a late start driving, we were going to have a very late 2 am check-in. The front desk person was there immediately and helped us with check-in and organization. The breakfast area was very modern as well, with a high table and bar -chairs to sit in, facing the big screen tv (CNN). Sorry to have to go so quickly in am. Thank you for the great visit.