All hotels in Braddon, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
84 Northbourne Avenue, Braddon, ACT, 2612, Australia, ‏‎800-491-6126

Shame we had a fire evacuation due to false alarm at 4.30am
Other trip Mar 4, 2015
On arrival, the booking was confirmed as Twin Singles. I said 'absolutely not' believing I'd booked a Queen. The staff person checked the booking again & simply said: 'it's a mistake; I'll upgrade you to a 1 B/R apartment" & didn't charge extra - excellent no fuss service. Sorry, I don't know her name.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
"Canberra side trip"
Took a day and a half to visit Canberra and stayed at this property. The room was extremely generous in size and the staff at the hotel were fantastic and helpful at every turn for a first time Canberra visitor. The location of the hotel is on one of the main bus lines making it easy to get around, only a few blocks from the main shopping and entertainment area, the main city bus depot, and the Jollimont Centre if one is busing to/from Sydney. The only downside was the room was a bit cold and given the size of the room took a while to warm up.
Response by Mantra on Northbourne
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us.It was pleasing to hear that the location of the hotel suited and the staff were great!We hope to see you again!
1 night trip May 26, 2014
Anton
"Not bad"
A soft refurbishment will make a world of difference
Response by Mantra on Northbourne
Hi Sharon, Good news. We commenced a soft refurbishment of our living and dining areas in July last year. Hopefully we can welcome you back again soon to enjoy.
2 night business trip May 13, 2014
"Great staff, not quite 4*"
We had a lovely stay, for 3 nights at a special, mystery hotel, rate. We had friendly, helpful staff but have one complaint, and a minor annoyance: The complaint was that there was no power point on one side of the bed. A definite negative in the age of rechargeable e-readers, laptops, phones, etc. After 2 different attempts we were able to secure an extension cord. The other annoyance was the pool was also only about 10m long, so, no laps. Other than those things, the hotel is comfortable, great housekeeping, typical chain type hotel. We didn't use the restaurant or bar so I can't comment about that. There are some rough edges but overall a pleasant stay.
Response by Mantra on Northbourne
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay at Mantra on Northbourne. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your time with us and the location suited your requirements. I appreciate your honest comments relating to your stay as it is a great way to evaluate our product and performance.
Other trip Mar 10, 2014
Stu
"Good Deal in Expensive Canberra"
This is a nice hotel, especially for the price. I have been in Canberra for two weeks and this is by far the best quality for the price. I had a great sleep and the staff were friendly. It is a convenient walk to the dining spots in London Circuit, and about 20 minutes to ANU. Hotels in general are super expensive in Canberra and this hotel is quite nice and not far from the action. Highly recommended.
Response by Mantra on Northbourne
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us. It was pleasing to hear that the location of the hotel suited and the staff were great! We hope to see you again!
1 night business trip Feb 7, 2013
Jesse M.
"Faultless"
Great location, everything you'd expect from a good quality hotel.
Response by Mantra on Northbourne
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. I hope we can welcome you back in the near future.
Other trip Jan 28, 2013
Nigel

"Recommended"
Good location, with car parking under cover, great value.
3 night trip Aug 13, 2015
Ian
Good accommodation
Response by Mantra on Northbourne
Hi Barry. Thank you for the great review. I am pleased you enjoyed your time with us and I look forward to welcoming you back next time you visit the nations capital.
1 night business trip Aug 12, 2015
Barry
"5 star"
Very happy. Would stay again
Response by Mantra on Northbourne
Hi Michael. Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. I am pleased you enjoyed your time with us and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
1 night business trip Aug 11, 2015
Hotel is a little older, but rooms have been refurbished and they are large and comfortable. It was a convenient location for my business, also very close to a range of great restaurants and cafes.
Response by Mantra on Northbourne
Hi Helen, Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. I am glad that you enjoyed most aspects of your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
2 night business trip Jul 15, 2015
Helen
"Good. Needs some upgrading."
Nice first impressions. Very clean. Nicely renovated room. (You can tell it is not so new) Nice little kitchenette. The bathroom, however, appeared to be in its original condition. The toilet, and shower/bath combo along with the browny orange tiles were very old and outdated. Could do with a bit of a facelift. Overall, it was worth the price tag and is a suitable mid range hotel.
Response by Mantra on Northbourne
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. I am glad that most aspects of your stay. We have recently completed a light refurbishment of our living and dining areas and will be looking to complete one of our bathrooms soon. Kind Regards, Sam
1 night romance trip Jul 18, 2015
"I don't want to be unkind"
Hairs in the bath, on the floor, and in the sink. Exceptional traffic noise, and parking at $12 extra when only Self Parking appeared on the site (did I miss something, maybe, but I don't think so). Then that same parking appeared at $12.24 on my credit card statement - no mention of card charges at reception. Not my first time in a Mantra, Sunshine coast was awesome, Canberra, much less so. I'd have preferred to pay a higher rate for quality accommodation - it was cheap.
Response by Mantra on Northbourne
Hi Martin, Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. I'm sorry that the cleanliness of your room was not up to standard and I have bought that to the attention of our housekeeping team. It is true that car parking is $12 per night and if paying with a credit card there is a 2% surcharge ($12.24). I hope we can welcome you back next time you travel to Canberra.
1 night trip Jun 26, 2015
Martin
"?"
excellent hotel very clean ,bed comfortable, nice staff. Only minus was having to pay extra for parking
Response by Mantra on Northbourne
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay at Mantra on Northbourne. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your time with us and the location suited your requirements. I appreciate your honest comments relating to car parking.
2 night romance trip May 31, 2015
Eveline
Food at the hotel restaurant may needs more efforts
Response by Mantra on Northbourne
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay at Mantra on Northbourne. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your time with us.Thank you for your comments regarding the rooms - we have just completed a 'refresh' of our living room areas and will look to do the same for the bathrooms in the future. We hope to see you back here when next in Canberra.
Other trip May 31, 2015
It was a nice stay, they couldn't find my booking at first but were very friendly and helpful, and enjoyed the upgrade
Response by Mantra on Northbourne
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay at Mantra on Northbourne. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your time with us. We hope to see you back here in the future.
Other trip May 28, 2015
"Convenient"
Staff friendly room meet my expectations Tv signal poor
Response by Mantra on Northbourne
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. I am glad that you enjoyed your time with us and that the staff were friendly. I hope we can welcome you back again soon.
Other trip May 23, 2015
frequent travel
"Perfectly located"
The Mantra had everything I needed plus it was within easy walking distance from good cafes (and Civic).
Other trip May 23, 2015
Lynne
"Great location - good value for price"
This is really more am apartment than a hotel room Had a small kitchen and washing machine + dryer Very clean and comfortable Would highly recommend
Other trip May 19, 2015
Ayal
"Good value, convenient accommodation"
Had a lovely weekend in Canberra and Mantra was good value and convenient. We used to stay at budget places but for a few extra dollars you get a proper hotel room with a full sized kitchen and laundry facilities. Well worth the upgrade!
Response by Mantra on Northbourne
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us.It was pleasing to hear that the location of the hotel suited and the staff were great! We hope to see you again!
Other trip May 18, 2015
"Concrete bed"
Bed too hard. Trouble sleeping.
Response by Mantra on Northbourne
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your past stay at Mantra on Northbourne.I am sincerely sorry about the inconvenience the bed caused you but we look forward to welcoming you back into a comfy bed next time you visit Canberra.
1 night business trip May 11, 2015
gregory
"Disappointed with the meal in the restaurant."
Food was overly oily and not hot - temperature wise. Duck pancake was doused in oil. Oil that cooked the Mushroom Anacini was not hot enough and the whole Anancini Ball absorbed too much oil. Mussels had no sauce to dip the bread into that was provided. How were they cooked ??- in a sauce - where was it ??
Response by Mantra on Northbourne
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay at Mantra on Northbourne. I appreciate your honest comments relating to your food on this particular occasion and will pass your comments onto our head chef. I hope we can welcome you back next time you travel to Canberra.
Other trip May 17, 2015
"Excellent location, lovely staff, very comfortable"
Extremely comfortable stay. Large room, comfortable bed, separate sitting area.
Response by Mantra on Northbourne
Thank you for the great review. I'm happy that you enjoyed your stay and I hope we can welcome you back next time you visit the nations capital.
Other trip May 17, 2015
In a great spot. Braddon eateries and bars including Bent Spoke brewery right behind hotel. Only real gripe is bed too hard.
Other trip May 13, 2015
Jen
2 night stay in Central Canberra did not live up to expectations
Response by Mantra on Northbourne
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. I am sorry that the stay didn't live up to expectations but I hope we can welcome you back soon.
Other trip May 11, 2015
Great convenient place to stay. Lits if great places to eat in and around the area
Other trip May 2, 2015
"Noisy Nightclub Nearby Kept Us Awake til 4am, #509"
Noisy Nightclub Nearby Kept Us Awake til 4am, in room #509. Avoid this hotel on a Saturday night at all costs if you would like to sleep.
Response by Mantra on Northbourne
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay at Mantra on Northbourne. I am sorry to hear that some of the city noise was disturbing. I hope we can welcome you back again soon.
Other trip Apr 24, 2015
"3.5 Star at Best"
What a stay. Booked a 1 Bedroom premier suite in part for the balcony and the view. The balcony was unusable due to pigeon droppings which took 2 days following complaint to clean up. Then a pigeon comes back an lays an egg on the balcony! Another night the fire alarm goes off and we have to evacuate - this after reading sign that says if you cause it to go off you may be charged a $1250 call out fee!! Finally,planned to go to the restaurant for dinner which is prominently advertised in reception area only to find it shut for the night and then were advised we are not open tonight - next night the same yet no one bothered put up a sign to advise those staying at the establishment in advance. If your room faces Northbourne you will also get a fair amount of road noise but you get used to it. The rooms were generally quite good and clean inside and staff were very friendly. I have stayed at many Mantra establishments over the years and found them to be generally very good, but in my view, this was below that standard and is 3.5 star at best.
Response by Mantra on Northbourne
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. I am pleased to advise that we have evicted the pigeons from the hotel and I am also pleased to inform you that we have had the approval to upgrade our current fire system, and this will be completed in the coming months. I hope we can welcome you back to the Mantra on Northbourne next time you visit Canberra.
6 night romance trip Apr 3, 2015
Graham
"Bathroom needs renovation"
Decent location but the condition of the hotel....especially the bathrooms is appalling.
Response by Mantra on Northbourne
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay at Mantra on Northbourne. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your time with us. Thank you for your comments regarding the rooms - we have just completed a 'refresh' of our living room areas and will look to do the same for the bathrooms in the future. We hope to see you back here when next in Canberra.
2 night trip with friends Apr 17, 2015
Craig
"short quick stay"
###lovely central position , ###clean environment , ###family friendly ###parking available
Other trip Apr 14, 2015
kaz
"Clean and Tidy but not that modern."
I was relocated by Wotif on that day, so I was not that in good mood. The hotel itself was clean but they need to upgrade their facility such as old un-working TV. The room has a separate living room which is better than usual hotel room but that's it. Also the breakfast is not included so I had to purchase it separately.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
Ted
"Restaurant was terrible"
Had to send back my meal of prawns as it was not cooked properly and not was prepared properly. They took meal back and I ordered another different meal, took forever then not cooked to my specification for the beef tenderloins and were vey tiny served with dry leaf salad and no dressing! Very disappointed in the meals that were served. Otherwise the service by the waitresses was excellent and they looked after us and didn't charge for the meal. I do not make a habit of sending meals back but I had to!
Response by Mantra on Northbourne
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your past stay at Mantra on Northbourne. I am sincerely sorry about the quality of the restaurant and have flagged your issues with our head chef. It is pleasing to hear that the wait staff were able to provide some sort of resolution on the night. I hope next time we welcome you back the meal will be spot on.
Other trip Apr 12, 2015
Overall, we had a very pleasing experience (family of four with two small children).
Other trip Apr 12, 2015
"Nice place to stay"
Great hospitality, great staff. Thanks to house keeping
Response by Mantra on Northbourne
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us.It was pleasing to hear that the staff were great and i'm sure our housekeeping team will appreciate your kind words! We hope to see you again!
Other trip Apr 8, 2015
awesome
"Cheap & chearful"
Well priced and roomy twin. Beds not great & not enough parking but close to town & staff helpful
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
"Good hotel in convenient spot"
Evening meal was excellent - recommend the rib steak.
Response by Mantra on Northbourne
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I am glad that you enjoyed your steak and i'll be sure to let the chef know. I hope we can welcome you back again soon.
Other trip Mar 22, 2015
sus
"Had a great stay"
Lovely hotel, friendly staff, great rooms.
Response by Mantra on Northbourne
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us.It was pleasing to hear that the hotel suited and the staff were great! We hope to see you again!
1 night family trip Jan 1, 2015
"Very pleasant place to stay"
The room was very comfortable and quiet. The staff were very polite and helpful. Only complaint was that we were one towel short and the roll up bed hadn't been put in the room when we arrived.
Response by Mantra on Northbourne
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. I am glad you enjoyed your time with us but we are sorry for any inconvenience caused by the missing towell and bed but i'm pleased we could rectify.
1 night family trip Mar 7, 2015
"Great Location, Walking distant to the CBD."
Nice hotel, clean, walking distance to CBD, parking either in carpark (fairly cheap) or on street at back of hotel, which was nice to get a park. The room was a little bit hot, and stuffy, but I find all hotels are like that.
Other trip Mar 10, 2015
"Nice hotel close to the city shopping area"
The room wasn't always cleaned properly. Breakfast was a disappointment. One morning we had it in our room and it was cold. The next day we had it in the restaurant. There was on,y one egg and they ran out of bacon. I asked for more and the time it took to bring it out, I could have cooked it four times over. They said the they only had one cook and there were many room orders. Well, they should put on more staff then. Other than that, it was a nice stay and the staff were helpful.
Response by Mantra on Northbourne
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay at Mantra on Northbourne. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your time with us and the location suited your requirements. I appreciate your honest comments relating to breakfast as it helps us achieve better outcomes in the future.
Other trip Mar 8, 2015
peter
So close to Civic and eateries in Braddon. Walking distance to all
Response by Mantra on Northbourne
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us. It was pleasing to hear that the location of the hotel suited and I look forward to seeing you again next time you travel to Canberra.
Other trip Mar 4, 2015
"engagement party"
good
2 night family trip Feb 27, 2015
garry
"Week end stay."
We stayed for 2 nights.Room was spotless and very nice. Reception were very helpful and friendly. Room service for dinner on Friday night. Price was very reasonable and meals were delivered within 20 minutes, Meals were delicious.We were very impressed.Close to everything we needed. I had read some negative reviews after booking, so was very pleasantly surprised.
2 night romance trip Feb 26, 2015
Rhonda
"Great location but very tired looking."
This hotel was in a great location and the bed was very comfortable, but it definitely was not a 4.5 star hotel. The bathroom was old looking and really needed updating and was awkward with the shower over the bath tub. The parking lot was very tight and a bit of nightmare to park with a vehicle that was a little bigger than normal.
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
Tonetta
"good location"
overall the room was very neat and comfortable, undercover parking was a bonus
Response by Mantra on Northbourne
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay at Mantra on Northbourne. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your time with us and the rooms suited your requirements.
Other trip Feb 25, 2015
sue
"booking not received"
Unfortunately the hotel had not received the booking from hotels.com so there was some delay with check in but hotel staff were very good in finding a solution particularly given hotel was full.
Response by Mantra on Northbourne
Thank you for taking the time to review. I am sorry that there was some confusion at the time of check in but happy we could make alternative arrangements for you. I hope we can welcome you back next time you travel to Canberra.
1 night trip Feb 14, 2015
Megan
"Very convenient location"
Helpful and courteous staff.Hotel condition not quite the standard expected from 4.5 star hotel. Still not bad and was very,very good value for price.
Other trip Feb 6, 2015
"Nice hotel close to bus stop shops cafes"
Excellent rate for a spacious & light room including 3 single beds with a view of forest on either side.
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
Maria
"Good hotel in Inner North of Canberra"
Overall a well maintained property - significant road noise if you are at the front of the hotel (and both times I have stayed at this hotel I have been placed in the most forward room without a balcony - this hotel does tend to give website bookers their worst rooms) - but service was good - room cleaned daily and well maintained.
Response by Mantra on Northbourne
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay at Mantra on Northbourne. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your time with us. I wouldn't agree that there is a corolation between booking source and allocations but for future reference you can put in the notes that you would like a room at the rear of the hotel.
2 night business trip Jan 18, 2015
"Mantra Canberra"
small indoor pool was disappointing. Breakfast was great on first & last days but terrible on second day. Room was clean and comfy. Staff very friendly. No free parking, either $12/day under building (if available) or metered parking behind building. Overall a pleasant stay.
3 night trip with friends Jan 2, 2015