All hotels in Braddon, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
84 Northbourne Avenue, Braddon, ACT, 2612, Australia, ‏‎800-491-6126

Breakfast is average
  • Value
    Fairly good value for money
    Room is all right
    Poor vibe
It was the weekend so not much going on in Canberra. The staff was fantastic, helpful, friendly. Breakfast was great. Easy walk from bus station. I would stay there again.
2 night trip Jan 30, 2016
room not made up until late, wake up at 2 am false fire alarm
Other trip Jun 12, 2015
Shame we had a fire evacuation due to false alarm at 4.30am
Other trip Mar 4, 2015
On arrival, the booking was confirmed as Twin Singles. I said 'absolutely not' believing I'd booked a Queen. The staff person checked the booking again & simply said: 'it's a mistake; I'll upgrade you to a 1 B/R apartment" & didn't charge extra - excellent no fuss service. Sorry, I don't know her name.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
"Canberra side trip"
Took a day and a half to visit Canberra and stayed at this property. The room was extremely generous in size and the staff at the hotel were fantastic and helpful at every turn for a first time Canberra visitor. The location of the hotel is on one of the main bus lines making it easy to get around, only a few blocks from the main shopping and entertainment area, the main city bus depot, and the Jollimont Centre if one is busing to/from Sydney. The only downside was the room was a bit cold and given the size of the room took a while to warm up.
Response by Mantra on Northbourne
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us.It was pleasing to hear that the location of the hotel suited and the staff were great!We hope to see you again!
1 night trip May 26, 2014
Anton
"Not bad"
A soft refurbishment will make a world of difference
Response by Mantra on Northbourne
Hi Sharon, Good news. We commenced a soft refurbishment of our living and dining areas in July last year. Hopefully we can welcome you back again soon to enjoy.
2 night business trip May 13, 2014
"Great staff, not quite 4*"
We had a lovely stay, for 3 nights at a special, mystery hotel, rate. We had friendly, helpful staff but have one complaint, and a minor annoyance: The complaint was that there was no power point on one side of the bed. A definite negative in the age of rechargeable e-readers, laptops, phones, etc. After 2 different attempts we were able to secure an extension cord. The other annoyance was the pool was also only about 10m long, so, no laps. Other than those things, the hotel is comfortable, great housekeeping, typical chain type hotel. We didn't use the restaurant or bar so I can't comment about that. There are some rough edges but overall a pleasant stay.
Response by Mantra on Northbourne
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay at Mantra on Northbourne. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your time with us and the location suited your requirements. I appreciate your honest comments relating to your stay as it is a great way to evaluate our product and performance.
Other trip Mar 10, 2014
Stu
"Good Deal in Expensive Canberra"
This is a nice hotel, especially for the price. I have been in Canberra for two weeks and this is by far the best quality for the price. I had a great sleep and the staff were friendly. It is a convenient walk to the dining spots in London Circuit, and about 20 minutes to ANU. Hotels in general are super expensive in Canberra and this hotel is quite nice and not far from the action. Highly recommended.
Response by Mantra on Northbourne
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us. It was pleasing to hear that the location of the hotel suited and the staff were great! We hope to see you again!
1 night business trip Feb 7, 2013
Jesse M.

"ideal location for a short break."
great location .walk to many restaurants.
Response by Mantra on Northbourne
Dear Brian, Thanks for sharing your recent experience about your stay with us. We love to see you were able to enjoy our great location & we are lucky to have so many great eating options around us. We hope to see you for your next visit to Canberra. Kind Regards, Alana
1 night romance trip Jan 6, 2016
brian
"Great place"
Great place to stay for the Sumernats .. Only downside was not enough parking ..
Response by Mantra on Northbourne
Dear Pamela, Thank you for the review about your recent stay with us. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay & hope you had a great weekend in Canberra. We hope to see you again next year. Kind Regards, Alana
2 night family trip Jan 8, 2016
Pamela
Hotel location close to local shops public transport staff was helpful
Response by Mantra on Northbourne
Dear Peter, Thank you for sharing your experience of Mantra on Northbroune. It is great to see you loved our central location. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Kind Regards, Alana
2 night trip with friends Jan 7, 2016
peter
"too old not 4.5 star"
dissapointed, spent up to have a taste of good accommodation, entrance is presented well, room on appearance was ok,in detail the bathroom was old everything,paint peeling on bottom of door, old bath with shower in ,chrome around bath had signs of rust, airconditioner original old noisy unit, restaurant was closed on a Saturday night! All in all about 3 stars,oh parking $12, internet $25
Response by Mantra on Northbourne
Dear Ian, Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent stay with us. We are disappointed to read that there were aspects of your stay which didn't meet expectations. We are undergoing maintenance in our rooms and in the process of replacing our air-conditioning units. We apologise for your disappointment. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again. Kind Regards, Alana
1 night trip Jan 2, 2016
lan
I only stayed for a night where my room was upgraded which was a really nice gesture from the staff. The Lady at reception desk was really kind and helpful.
Response by Mantra on Northbourne
Thank you for writing about your recent experience with us. We are so happy to see you enjoyed an upgrade to one of our apartments and that our team was helpful throughout your stay. We hope to welcome you back in the future. Kind Regards, Alana
1 night trip with friends Dec 27, 2015
"Good family rooms"
Great Hitel. Stayed in s 2 bedroom apartment. Plenty of room, good friendly staff. Room a bit dated but everything clean and working. Very comfy bed.
1 night family trip Dec 24, 2015
Kerry
"Great weekend away with friends"
Great hotel, huge rooms, very friendly staff. Good price and great location for us as we came to Canberra for Bentspoke.
2 night trip with friends Dec 4, 2015
"very good with minor annoyances"
Apart from extremely expensive mini bar, and the fact that they charge for Internet, this hotel is excellent for the category.
Response by Mantra on Northbourne
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay at Mantra on Northbourne. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your time with us and I appreciate your honest comments relating to the mini bar and internet.
3 night business trip Dec 3, 2015
Gerhard
"golf weekend"
great service from all the front desk staff
Response by Mantra on Northbourne
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay at Mantra on Northbourne. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your time with us. We hope to see you back here in the future.
2 night trip with friends Oct 30, 2015
Brendon
"A base while moving house."
Mantra was all I expected it to be. Staff were helpful and friendly. It is an easy walk to shopping and restaurants at Civic and Dickson.
Response by Mantra on Northbourne
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us.It was pleasing to hear that the location of the hotel suited and the staff were helpful and friendly! We hope to see you again!
1 night family trip Oct 30, 2015
Car parking fee was a rip off
1 night family trip Nov 2, 2015
Zeeshan
"Golf trip"
The reception team were awesome, great service all round
Response by Mantra on Northbourne
Hi Brendon, Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. I am glad that you enjoyed your time with us and hope you played well whilst here. I look forward to welcoming you back next time you visit the nations capitol.
2 night trip with friends Oct 30, 2015
Brendon
Great place to stay. Staff were great. Room was very clean with nil issues Recomended to all Price for room was reasonsble.................... ..................................... .
Other trip Nov 2, 2015
peter
"Keep clear terrible beds"
By far the worst bed i have ever slept in. Felt like i was sleeping on a concrete slab and pillows were so soft they were useless. If a hotel can do only 1 thing right it is making sure the beds are comfortable. Not impressed, expect more gor the price.
Response by Mantra on Northbourne
Hi, Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. I am sorry to hear that the bed in the room was uncomfortable and please accept my apologies. I hope we can welcome you back next time you travel to Canberra.
Other trip Oct 31, 2015
Excellent service, Excellent location
Response by Mantra on Northbourne
Hi Terry, Thank you for the great review. I look forward to welcoming you back next time you travel to Canberra.
1 night business trip Oct 23, 2015
Terry
This hotel offers excellent service and clean rooms in a reasonably good location. Only negative, the rooms were quite dark.
Response by Mantra on Northbourne
Hi Vic, Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. I am pleased that you enjoyed most aspects of your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Other trip Oct 29, 2015
Vic
"Dirty , dated and disappointing"
Room was dirty and decor dated.Kitchen floor dirty with what looked like old food stains, fridge dirty, freezer door broken. Bed uncomfortable and in all my years travelling the world have never had to pay a charge to park my car at a hotel. Will never stay at a Mantra again, and will tell my friends not to as well
Response by Mantra on Northbourne
Hi Colleen. Thank you for your honest review. I'm sorry for the shortfalls in the quality of our product and service on this occasion. I have passed your comments onto our housekeeping department. Your comments regarding the car parking fees are noted however the $12 fee is in my experience very reasonable particularly for a CBD hotel. We hope to welcome you back soon.
Other trip Oct 25, 2015
colleen
"Well priced for the position close to the CBD."
Good size quiet rooms, close to amenities, and within walking distance to town center. Friendly, easy todo business with staff. Breakfast is a bit expensive, being $27 for a full breakfast. Get the same thing 5 minutes down the road for much less.
Response by Mantra on Northbourne
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay at Mantra on Northbourne. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your time with us and the location suited your requirements. I appreciate your honest comments relating to the breakfast.
Other trip Oct 25, 2015
"Room too small. Wanted to charge $12 for WiFi."
Room area too small. TV too big for size of room. Not enough visible poer points. No free biscuits.
Response by Mantra on Northbourne
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us. It was pleasing to hear that the location of the hotel suited and the staff were great! We also appreciate your honest comments regarding wifi.
Other trip Oct 24, 2015
"Convenient location"
One night stopover in Canberra to meet up with friends, the hotel was in a convenient position. Staff were welcoming and helpful. Room service was efficient although the phone in our room wasn't working so I went to reception to order meal, disappointing but food was delicious.
1 night family trip Oct 18, 2015
Judith
Very comfortable rooms and so close to the city. I would stay there again
Response by Mantra on Northbourne
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us. It was pleasing to hear that the location of the hotel suited. We hope to see you again!
Other trip Oct 19, 2015
"So close to the city"
I picked this hotel to stay as it is walking distance to the city, spacious rooms and reasonably priced. After a wedding after party we were able to easily walk/stumble home in 5 mins from the North Quarter of Civic. They provided us late check out at 12 pm with no extra cost. I would stay again.
Other trip Oct 18, 2015
Alice
"Not a great place to stay but good staff."
Very uncomfortable beds.
Response by Mantra on Northbourne
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay at Mantra on Northbourne. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your time with us and the location suited your requirements. I appreciate your honest comments relating to bedding.
5 night business trip Oct 1, 2015
"Very unfriendly staff"
Implied they had internet then argued that they did not
Response by Mantra on Northbourne
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. I am disappointed with the staff issue you experienced as it certainly isn't a complaint that we receive. I'm sure next time you travel to Canberra we will be able to provide you a friendly and comfortable stay.
Other trip Oct 6, 2015
"Wedding stay"
Rooms were fantastic, highly recommend staying at this motel
Other trip Oct 5, 2015
Leone
NOT VALUE FOR MONEY ,2 NIGHT STAY , NO MILK AND BEDS NOT MADE , NO NEW TOWELS AFTER 1ST NIGHT
Response by Mantra on Northbourne
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. I am glad that you enjoyed our location but sorry some other aspects of your stay were not to your liking. I hope we can welcome you back next time you travel to Canberra.
Other trip Oct 5, 2015
Wow! Brilliant place to stay. Lot of thought has gone into the space. We had two room due to family size. But the way they interconnect was great. Everything we needed was there, including washer and dryer and dish washer. Bed was huge! Loved that. View was stunning over mountain and city. Balcony railing very low though and I wouldnt let the kids out because of worry that they would fall over! They gave us courtesy call beforehand to ask which bed configuration we wanted, which I thought was good. Was quite expensive though, and breakfast was super expensive! Pool was cold. I was unhappy about that as we booked this place because kids wanted to swim. Also long walk to pool via drafty fire escape. Was nice having pool to ourselves though. But kids lasted 5 min before it was too cold! Parking was $12 extra. And parking spaces need an extra driving qualification to manoeuvre into!
Response by Mantra on Northbourne
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay at Mantra on Northbourne. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your time with us and the location suited your requirements. I appreciate your honest comments relating to car parking. We look forward to welcoming you back next time you visit the nations capital.
1 night family trip Sep 27, 2015
"Good size room. Close to the city."
Good room, parking and convenience to tourist destinations.
Other trip Sep 30, 2015
"Close to CBD"
Apart from false fire alarm on 1st night, recommend hotel and restaurant, staff very helpful friendly courteous Food very good both quality and quantity with price affordable
Response by Mantra on Northbourne
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Mantra on Northbourne. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your time with us however I am sincerely sorry about the inconvenience the fire alarm caused you. We hope to welcome you back here when next travelling to Canberra.
Other trip Sep 28, 2015
brian
"Good location, close to Floriade."
Pretty good. Staff very helpful. Had to evacuate due to fire alarm. Getting my 92 year old mum down 6 flights of stairs with the rest of the guests was a challenge but staff handled the evacuation well-good to know that system works with clear directions and no panic! Very clean facilities. Shower in bath difficult for elderly mum. Bathroom and amenities very basic but clean and neat. Staff helpful when asking for extra blanket etc. Restaurant in house reasonable but menu a little odd.
Response by Mantra on Northbourne
Hi Virginia, Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. I am pleased that most aspects of your stay were enjoyable and we look forward to welcoming you back next time you visit Canberra.
Other trip Sep 28, 2015
Virginia
"Stop over"
We stayed at the Mantra on the way back from the snow and the opportunity to show the kids some of the sights of Canberra. The room was god for a family of 4 and the secure parking was handing.
Response by Mantra on Northbourne
Hi, Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I am pleased you enjoyed your time with us and I look forward to welcoming you back next time you travel to Canberra.
Other trip Sep 27, 2015
"Nice motel close to city centre"
Great motel with in house dining or 24 room service
Other trip Sep 23, 2015
Ross
"Central location, easy walk to restaurants & pubs"
I was aware of the extra $12 parking per day, however, the unhappy fellow travelers checking in before me were not which delayed check in time quite a bit. Suggest to make it more clear when booking. Reviews had warned about the fire alarm going of, and right, Saturday morning, 8:30 (false) alarm for evacuation. The long list of dos and don'ts together with the threat of a $1,000 plus call out fee for the fire department prevented us from cooking anything in the room after that. Apparently they are overhauling the fire alarm system at present. Until that's done, I do not recommend to extensively use the well equipped kitchenette. Bad timing, restaurant is currently closed for renovations. Conference rooms used at the moment are dark and dull. Much more fun to walk 5 minutes to Lonsdale Street around the corner.
Response by Mantra on Northbourne
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay at Mantra on Northbourne. I am pleased to hear the location of the property and the size were to your liking, however I am sincerely sorry about the inconvenience the fire alarm caused you.
"Noise"
The room was great but the noise from Northbourne was very very bad. We know that's hard to fix.
Response by Mantra on Northbourne
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay and your honesty regarding the noise from Northbourne Avenue. Please contact us directly to request a room away from Northbourne and every efforrt will be made to meet your request.
mardi
"great location, good facilities, very professional"
very friendly staff big rooms upgrading restaurant warm in Canberra winter
"great proximity to cbd"
although a short term stay, the hotel was extremely close to my work and the room was extremely spacious and comfortable.
Other trip Sep 13, 2015
"very hsndy to shops and bus terminal"
very good and pleasant time and am going back soon.
Response by Mantra on Northbourne
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay at Mantra on Northbourne.I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your time with us. We look forward to welcoming you back next time you visit Canberra.
Other trip Sep 7, 2015
over 70
"Comfortable, easy accommodation in the city centre"
Very satisfied with my stay at Mantra. Booked a standard room and ended up with a beautiful apartment. Great facilities and service but best part was proximity to city centre - was able to walk everywhere during my stay.
Response by Mantra on Northbourne
Hi Alison, Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. It's great to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back next time you visit the nations capital.
Other trip Aug 29, 2015
Alison
"Nice hotel location"
Lovely room, great location. New fire system failed 0800 am Sunday morning producing an evacuation onto nature strip. Hotel staff very apologetic and did not charge for parking. Nice to see a proactive response to this event but disappointing that a new system being installed failed.
Response by Mantra on Northbourne
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay at Mantra on Northbourne.I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your time with us however I am sincerely sorry about the inconvenience the fire alarm caused you.We hope to welcome you back here when next travelling to Canberra.
Other trip Aug 26, 2015
"Excellent hotel. Near to the shops"
Excellent hotel, friendly staff. Clean rooms. Secure parking
Other trip Aug 23, 2015
Riz
"Fire alarm"
It was unfortunate that the fire alarm went off at 8.30 on Sunday morning (in error) and my elderly mother had to walk down the fire stairs (from the 3rd floor) which she managed with difficulty. The hotel apologised but it made a difficult start to the morning. While the room was very spacious and comfortable, the food in the restaurant was a bit ordinary.
Response by Mantra on Northbourne
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay at Mantra on Northbourne. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your time with us however I am sincerely sorry about the inconvenience the fire alarm caused you. We hope to welcome you back here when next travelling to Canberra.
Other trip Aug 22, 2015
Jane
"Recommended"
Good location, with car parking under cover, great value.
3 night trip Aug 13, 2015