All hotels in Portland, Oregon, United States of America
1231 North Anchor Way, Portland, OR, 97217, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9399

It's an OK hotel. It smelled like it may have been a smoking room in the past, unless that's the inevitable smell of mold that Portland is known to have. The view was nice over the water, but it's an older hotel. Room service isn't available on Sundays, which is a common day for people to fly in. The parking was good, and the service was good. I probably wouldn't stay there again, though.
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
"Great choice"
Fabulous! Great staff!! Great service!
2 night trip Sep 26, 2014
"BEAUTIFUL, GREAT LOCATION"
FABULOUS, GREAT STAFF, GREAT FACILITY
2 night trip Sep 26, 2014
"Hotel staff can be motivated!"
The motel afforded usual comforts and conveniences of a Courtyard hotel except... no refrigerator or m-wave. Also, the hotel housekeeping actually "forgot" to make up our room one day! Despite the lapses, it's a nice quiet location with a staff that listens to gripes and does their best to correct them. I'd rate them 3.5 out of 5.
4 night trip Aug 16, 2014
Ron S
"Nice hotel, close to freeway."
This was not the location I thought when I booked hotel. But turned out nice and it worked for our needs.
Other trip Aug 29, 2014
milton
"pelvic hair in bathtub"
Obviously a poor job of cleaning as pelvic area hair was in bath/shower. Hair dryer left out on counter plugged in. Top it off with vacuum cleaner going on outside my room just before 8 am on a Sunday. Reported the un cleanliness to desk manager upon checkout but no rate reduction.
1 night business trip Aug 23, 2014
jim
"Tired property."
Room was small and the bed was terrible. Must have been original from opening 15 years ago. Not what I expected from Marriott.
Other trip Aug 3, 2014
"Nice and clean"
Nice, clean and very friendly!
1 night trip Jul 12, 2014
"Convenient and quiet"
I attended the tri-annual antique expo which was right across the road. My hotel room was a nice corner room, quiet and clean. A wonderful alarm clock which you could select ocean waves or frog sounds to lull you to sleep was a nice extra. I think the hotel restaurant could really use some rethinking. I know they are difficult propositions to maintain because of the daily uncertainty of customer numbers, but the food and service both were at best mediocre. Better however than the "we deliver to your hotel room" pizza which truly appeared to have been cooked several days before and then reheated in a microwave, so best avoid that no matter how tired you are! The hotel staff were very friendly,and informative, the room was really great and the hotel appearance is pleasing. I would stay there again.
Other trip Jul 13, 2014
J
"Great hotel for viewing the fireworks"
Hotel was well positioned for viewing the fireworks and accessing the Light Rail station that took us all over Portland. Room was clean and very comfortable.
"Central location with access to PDX and downtown"
This hotel was clean, service was good. More expensive than I expected, but I guess that's because they're near the Expo Center. Overall a nice Courtyard experience.
Beth
Parking was limited and extremely tight - no large vehicles. Web page implied refrigerator in the room but our room did not have one. Entrance off of main road did not clearly indicate its location.
3 night trip Jun 26, 2014
"Hotel is showing its age"
Great location and views. The bath drain was blocked and we had to take our showers standing in 3-4 inches of dirty water. The mattresses must have been in use for too many years and needs replacement immediately.
1 night trip Jun 13, 2014
Seattlelite
"Nice hotel not far from downtown"
Stayed here for my nieces graduation from PSU. It was cheaper than staying right in downtown and only a 15min drive away. The plane noise wasn't bad at all the breakfast buffet was good, only $11 all you can eat. Free parking under the hotel just make sure not to get in to late it can get pretty packed. Overall definately plan on coming back next time I'm in Portland. Oh also it's close to the portland international raceway which had some sick drags.
Other trip Jun 13, 2014
sandra
"nice hotel with river view"
Hotel staff is very friendly and helpful. The river view is gorgeous. There is no microwave or fridge in the room but overall, it is a nice hotel with a convenient location. It is about 20 minutes to airport and 20 minutes to the Portland downtown.
Other trip Jun 11, 2014
SedA
"Inconvienent location"
I stay in many Courtyard Mariotts and I was pretty dissappointed in the service I received at this location. The staff was not very friendly, the room was not prepared with enough towels or extra bedding for the pull out sofa bed, and the breakfast buffet was not worth the cost. The location was also very inconvenient to get to and there were no restaurants close by. The hotel was clean and the kids liked the pool, but I would not stay there again.
1 night trip May 16, 2014
"Terrible attitude"
Tried to get front desk to call a Cab. He was to busy joking around with the staff.
Other trip May 21, 2014
This hotel is really nice and it's close proximity to the expo center was awesome. Howeve the road getting to the hotel was kind of narrow for a Dually. Hotel and staff were exceptional and when they get the elevator situation taken care of no complaints!
2 night business trip May 1, 2014
Capri
"Should package with Cirque de Soleil"
This hotel is less than a mile, could be walking distance, to the Expo Center where we went to see Cirque de Soleil. Very convenient and very nice for the money.
Other trip Apr 28, 2014
Becky
"Great stay in Portland"
Nothing like a warm chocolate chip cookie and water with fresh lemons greeting you upon arrival (and a fiery friendly receptionist ) to let one know the first night ever in Portland will be great! Room overlooked the river walkway. Beds comfortable.
Other trip Apr 22, 2014
Jeanne
"Quiet, conveniently located, family-friendly hotel"
Great staff - very responsive and helpful. Adequate rooms and facilities - large, spacious, clean, practical
Other trip Apr 21, 2014
"pretty good"
Good restaurant in hotel. I wish there was a better area for an after meeting group for private happy hour.
2 night trip Apr 11, 2014
Debbie
Friendly staff. Very clean, and comfortable. Just off Interstate-5, but rush-hour traffic is burdensome. Allow some extra travel time, if appropriate. Busy, confusing, exit off I-5.....difficult to find hotel, behind other buildings.
1 night trip Apr 8, 2014
"decent place to stay.."
nice and clean hotel... about 5-6 miles from Portland downtown, food options are available close by.. like subway etc
2 night trip Mar 28, 2014
surin
"Lipstick on cup"
Nice hotel, inside of coffee cup was clean but lipstick on the outside of cup.
1 night trip Mar 28, 2014
"Decent"
The Swimming pool was extremely Cold. We were told the heater went out a few days before. Kids were really looking forward to swimming on our weekend stay.
Other trip Mar 24, 2014
Brad
"A regular stop, when I travel to the Portland area"
Nice Marriott. Good location, outside of downtown Portland. Will stay here again.
1 night trip Mar 15, 2014
Fred
"Rip off!"
I have stayed at and facilitated events at other Marriott Courtyards and have always been pleased with them. I was stunned at what an awful stay this one was. First, the hotel charged a $60 deposit on top of the rate that I paid on this website just in case I wanted to use their room service that I had no intentions of using. Second, there was no fridge in the room as stated in my reservation that was part of the reason that I went with this hotel because of my son's medication.The night staff refused to do anything and when the day staff brought one to my room it was dirty and loud. It also froze everything. Third, the other reason I chose this place was because of the pool. The pool was broken. Even if the pool wasn't broken the water was so murky I wouldn't let my kid get into it. I feel really ripped off and what was supposed to be a relaxing weekend was ruined.
2 night trip Feb 28, 2014
KB
My kids and I ordered food and it took an hour and a half to get the food the chicken that they ordered was undercooked they did not realize that until later when they proceeded to get sick all night so other than that it was awesome
1 night business trip Feb 8, 2014
Stay was alight. No real complaints. Rather hard to find if you're not familiar with the area.
2 night trip Nov 13, 2013
"Horrible Hotel"
Myself and Dave & Marion Campbell arrived Friday evening at this hotel. When I got to my first assigned room, it had a toilet seat that was barely attached to the toilet ,and was a hazard. Most of the main TV stations on the set in the room would not work. I tried calling the front desk, but my room phone did not work. When I went to report the out-of-service array of stations on my TV, the clerk said they would have someone look into it the next day. Told her thanks, but I was only staying that night. She said other people had complained about the same thing, but she didn't seem motivated to have called in a repair tech earlier. At breakfast the next morning, the dishes were dirty. It was gross, and made me wonder about how clean the food was. The only thing that was acceptable was the bed. The rooms were ugly and plain, and while we were having breakfast, a staff member was running a loud carpet cleaner in the area joining the room we were eating in. Most places have a courtesy breakfast. Guess Marriott does not feel the need to be accommodating. I thought Marriott hotels were a quality choice. I discovered...OTHER WISE.. I will never choose Marriott again...
Other trip Nov 10, 2013
"close to expo center but a ways from downtown"
The staff was great. This hotel had a very comfortable family kind of vibe, and the overall staff seemed genuinely happy and well treated.
4 night trip Oct 10, 2013
Aaron
"Lovely riverside hotel"
Perfect location for my weekend biz trip. Beautiful location right on the river. Room was very comfortable - bed, pillows, good size desk, big towels and good shower head. Bathroom fixtures were a bit tired looking, but everything was perfectly functional. Secure underground parking, but fairly narrow spaces - don't bring your Hummer. Loved the "little" things like the hotel staff called our room about half an hour after checking in to make sure the room was satisfactory and nice, heavy glasses and ceramic coffee mugs. Overall, an excellent value and very pleased.
Other trip Oct 15, 2013
They charged top dollar for very few amenities.
2 night trip Oct 2, 2013
"Great place would come back"
Very good, clean, friendly staff, hours were great for the pool and spa. Very enjoyable.
1 night trip Sep 28, 2013
Great room and fantastic staff. Breakfast was horrible, stay clear of it. Thanks Courtyard and Hotels.com you guys are awesome.
1 night trip Sep 21, 2013
Rich
"Convenient to airport"
Only 15 minutes from airport. Get directions though or you can get lost.
Other trip Sep 27, 2013
"Nice hotel overlooking the Columbia river"
We stayed two nights and enjoyed the room very much - there was even a wedding reception on the pretty patio that ended promptly at 10:00 pm which was a relief to us who had an early flight the next morning!!
Other trip Aug 4, 2013
kaybird
"Hotel was nice near a port"
My experience overall was pleasing. I enjoyed the restaurant in the hotel the most.
Other trip Jul 31, 2013
"expectations not met for a courtyard"
I stay at courtyard by Marriott frequently and this was easily my worst experience. The front desk staff wasn't unfriendly but had no personality just very blah. The worst was the breakfast, Verrrrry slow and understaffed, food cooked improperly, and unclean dining and buffet area. And not the hotel's fault but our trip ended with a power outage at the hotel that made our morning getting ready to leave quite inconvenient.
2 night business trip Jul 26, 2013
Ryan
The hotel claimed that Expedia did not indicate we had purchased the optional breakfast package...glad I printed a copy of the reservation to show the front desk
1 night trip Jul 19, 2013
"Great!"
I have no complaints! This was a decent hotel, in a great location. The staff was friendly and I didn't have any problems. The parking garage was an added bonus.
1 night family trip Jul 5, 2013
"Great place!"
Great place to stay where you are close enough to the city but just far enough away not to pay the city rates.
2 night romance trip Jul 5, 2013
"Clean, friendly, great service!"
Got extra towels delivered to our room with no delay, clean room, great breakfast! Would stay here again!
2 night family trip Jun 28, 2013
"close to downtown and relatives"
There was only one problem.They offered room service on their web site and when we got there and called for room service they informed us that they didn't have it,but I must say they were very helpful and brought us a list of different places that would deliver to us.It was not the staffs fault that room service was advertised and if the had not been so helpful the rating above would have been a lot worse.
2 night trip Jun 25, 2013
kinsel
"Not what I expected of a Marriott"
I expected more from a Marriott. The room was small, double sized beds, very plain, the bathroom had very cheap toilet paper, soap, and shampoo. Only 3 towels for 4 people. We had to call down to the front desk 2 times to get an extra towel. The breakfast buffet was expensive for what was out, little fruit, cold eggs and meats. Not worth the $11.95 price tag.
2 night family trip Jun 15, 2013
"Good basic stay"
Was a perfectly nice place to stay
3 night trip Jun 9, 2013
"Great view of Columbia River"
I asked if I could get a view of the water, so they gave me a great view, a balcony and put me in the quietest area of the building. When I needed to stay an extra night, they were very accommodating in getting my same room and best rate.
1 night business trip May 31, 2013
Little hard to find for me but I got in at night so it was hard to see street signs my fault. Nice place and sucure.
Other trip Jun 6, 2013
Dennis
The night clerk gave us wrong directions to the hotel and the wrong exit. It would seem that they should know how to get to your location. It was nearly 11 p.m. when we arrived. We were tired. They then assigned us to a room on the ground floor where the drive to the hotel's main entrance was right outside the window. Why there is even a room there is beyond me as I'm sure the passing traffic would not be pleasant. I asked for a different room and was given a much nicer, third floor room that overlooked the courtyard and river on the backside. It was much more restful, inviting and quiet. The mattress was a little soft for my personal preferences but otherwise it was fine.
1 night trip May 31, 2013