All hotels in Scarborough, Maine, United States of America
700 Roundwood Dr, Scarborough, ME, 04074, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9485

We were very happy with our stay.
1 night trip Aug 23, 2014
Very nice stay. Rooms and hotel we're clean. Staff was pleasant. No shuttle service to Portland, but they work with 207 Taxi and you get a pretty good deal to get there and back.
1 night trip Aug 23, 2014
Zack
I don't usually rate hotels but I thought I should do this one....first they weren't sure our room was ready after 4:00 with an actual 3:00 check in time...not too bad. However, I noticed a couple towels were dirty ( like someone cleaned dust off their shoes or something and hung them back up) which made me wonder about the whole room. Furnishings were a little warn/ stained. It just wasn't what I expected for a Marriott property. Maybe I was just too critical after the towel thing. I guess they are also doing some remodeling so that may be why we had a little trouble finding the check in desk. They gentleman behind the desk was super nice! Most likely wont stay again even though the location is good.
1 night trip May 24, 2014
"Exterior is GOOD, Interior is OK, Staff are BAD"
I think the title of my review summarizes everything. The grounds are kept neat. The room is tolerable, but needs renovation. The staff particularly the evening/grave yard shift staff who watches TV and eat his meals at the front desk is beyond rude. Picture this, a grumpy bearded man with his legs up who can't be bothered for anything. FYI If you don't bring your own laptop you'll be using the one computer they have right by the entrance door where everyone can see your business. They have a small outdoor pool and fitness room that doesn't look too inviting. You'll have to settle for cold cereals and bananas for breakfast (don't expect anything else).
Other trip Oct 18, 2013
JazzieCakes
"Covenient and a bargain"
Overall the property was a great value. provided a clean room, some amenities (pool), and convenient to all roads, shopping and restaurants. Gat hotel for a stopping off point or a hub for travel to Portland.
2 night trip Aug 16, 2013
Sean
"nice hotel close enough to the beach"
spent three nights with my daughters in their hotel studio suite. It was always quiet and a friendly atmosphere. I would stay with them again
Other trip Jul 24, 2013
Ana
"very comfortable"
The room was great: clean, comfortable, great amenities. The hotel staff were friendly and very helpful too.
1 night family trip Jul 7, 2013
"recent stay"
My only complaint was there was no wifi in my room- access yes- but only local access and no internet. I complained about it twice- nothing changed. Since I was in Portland for business, this was a must. Good thing I had a broadband card with me or I would have checked out the first night.
Other trip May 18, 2013
Cheryl
"Very spacious and clean"
We arrived late to check in which was no problem. Found the room to be both very clean and spacious. Fiancee thought there wasn't enough sheets on the bed considering how cold it was outside but the room itself was kept very warm so no complaint there either. The one thing I did take a star off for was purely down to the breakfast. If you went in to grab some breakfast there was no one there to even point you in the right direction as to where you might find something to eat. A small complaint and really the only one I can make. As I said the room was spacious and very clean. Location would have been excellent for r shopping had we been there for that.
Other trip Jan 7, 2013
Room was clean and comfortable. Appliances were dated. TV was new.
Other trip Dec 27, 2012
"Thanksgiving visit"
Pleasant stay. Staff was courteous and the room was clean.
Other trip Nov 25, 2012

Very impressed with cleanliness and service. A quiet room with lots of amenities, close to all major shopping. Not impressed with the complimentary breakfast, but better than most.
2 night trip Nov 1, 2013
Rick Barlow
"Good for 2 local golf courses"
Suited us as we just playing golf in the area
7 night trip Aug 31, 2013
Georgina
Enjoyed our stay. Comfy bed, clean bathroom and fully equiped kitchen. Supermarket right across the street. Centrally located too which was great, about 40 minutes to Kittery, not even 10 minutes to Old Orchard Beach and only about 20 minutes to Freeport.
Other trip Aug 23, 2013

"Très déçu de Marriott."
En arrivant dans la chambre, il y avait une odeur désagréable. Il n'y avait qu'un seul miroir dans la salle de bain. De plus, quelques éléments disponibles dans la salle de bain avait déjà été utilisés (crème et shampoing). Enfin, le lit était tout simplement inutilisable. Il était tellement mou, que lorsque l'autre personne bougeait, l'autre risquait d'être projetté par terre. Vraiment pas à la hauteur de la chaîne Marriott.
1 night romance trip Jul 24, 2014
FR

TripAdvisor reviews for TownePlace Suites Portland Scarborough

"horrible night stay"
07/29/15 Arnie S Wallingford, Connecticut, United States
Got no sleep because the girls in room 107 on 7/27 were screaming all night! they allow dogs and when you walk out the door you smell dog crap because the rude people did not pick it up! the included breakfast was nice the bed not great. I don't believe I would ever stay here again or recommend this place to anyone
"Very nice hotel, clean"
07/27/15 rsskow Skowhegan
We stayed here so that we could catch the train to Boston. Was very clean, but not impressed with the first floor rooms. Could hear the people upstairs walking around at night so it was noisy. Other than that it was good.
"Don't stay here if you value your back."
07/18/15 JoAnn P
I tried to give it a chance here. I checked in as a Marriott Preferred member. The concierge gave me my key. The request for a low floor was honored. When I went in the room was nicely cleaned. The bathroom was clean too. It was a cheery little room. When in any hotel I always try the bed because of my bad back. OMG! It was like being on a sinking ship! Either many children have been jumping in the bed or there's been a lot of amazing sex in the 2 years since this hotel's beds were purchased. Either way, it was sinking in the middle, way too soft and bouncy. The concierges were very nice and helpful, gave a key to a different room, which had a worse bed! They admitted all the rooms would be the same thing so they suggested Residence Inn and called over for me. So I am now paying $150 more for my hotel stay than I planned. But at least I can sleep and my back doesn't hurt in the morning. Just save yourself the trouble and book Residence Inn.
"Not Bad, just average"
07/15/15 waxlady New York City, New York
Spent one night here at the start of our vacation. We had a one bedroom suite, which was a nice size, but it just smelled a bit musty to me. The mirror in the bedroom had streaks on it. I do like the large refrigerator. The staff is super friendly and we had a good rate which helped, but I'm not sure I would pay a lot for this hotel. The pool is a bit small considering it is like a residence inn. On the plus side it's close to 295 and downtown Portland. I'd probably stay on the beach next time. Seems like it would be great for families and longer term situations.
"Heavy Traffic and Showing It's Age"
07/13/15 DCA Springfield, Virginia
Location in theory is good, as it is 1 mile from the entrance to I-295 or I-95 (the Maine Turnpike). However, in that one mile there are SEVEN traffic signals. On average, I had to stop at four of those traffic lights every single time I went that direction from the hotel. Ugh! It added 4-7 minutes to our trip every time we went into Portland (yes, I timed it). We had a 2-bedroom suite which was roomy for our family. However, carpet was torn in some places and the sofa had plenty of stains. Pool is outdoor and quite small. The hotel is about 100 feet from a busy stretch of I-95 at the ramp to I-295. There is no escaping the sound of heavy traffic inside your room. Didn't bother us much, but if you don't like to hear heavy trucks engine braking all night long, you may not be happy here. Breakfast was low-rent. Bagels, yogurt, muffins, fruit, and hard boiled eggs. Often under-stocked, and the breakfast room had four tables so it was usually standing room only most mornings. Overall, this place is ok if the rate is decent. I would not stay here again unless I found an incredible deal.
"Good Location & Value For Money"
06/30/15 anjosjest Brighton, United Kingdom
We stopped here at both the beginning and end of our visit to Maine. It is very convenient for the airport (15min from car rental to hotel check-in) and for Portland (maybe 10min). It is also easy access to the main traffic routes. We did consider downtown Portland hotels but this was half to a third of the price and there were no parking fees. So given the short time to get into town it was (for us) a much better option. The staff at check-in were helpful and friendly as were the room service people. The rooms are a bit tired and in need of refurbishment, although they were clean and tidy. The first stay room had a dinning table and chairs which we preferred to the second stay room that had a business work station with pull out desk/table. This would have been OK if there had been two chairs! The first stay our bill was under the door (as usually the case with Marriott) but not the second stay which was inconvenient as we had an early flight and wanted to get away quickly rather than visit front des to get bill! Apart from minor points we will stay again on next visit.
"When do they change the beds?"
06/27/15 Steve S Jericho, Vermont
We stayed at TownePlace Suites because our go-to hotels were booked. The room was nice with a kitchenette, couch and flat screen tv. We were very glad to see they had the golf channel. Our only complaint was that it did not seem that the sheets had been changed. We found 3-4 hairs in the bed and makeup on the pillowcases.
06/01/15 Alan B Bangor, Maine
This place is a typical Townplace although if you have not visited one recently the quality of the breakfast has improved dramatically. The rooms are large although this Townplace is showing its age and really needs updating. That being said the place was meticulous, the staff was friendly and the hotel itself quiet. What more could you want? They do have a pool but it is outside and not covered. Also pets are welcome for the steep fee of $100.00 per stay and the free WiFi worked great. They have added a third TV to the two BR units which was much appreciated.
"Quiet location; place was packed"
05/22/15 2havtrav4 Marlborough, Massachusetts
It was clean and quiet. The location was off the main road and there was room to walk around without traffic worries. The hotel is pet-friendly and we did hear occasional barking. Pet owners will appreciate the grassy walking areas. There was a nice kitchen setup in the mini-suite. There was only a double bed in the room. The bathroom fan was unbelievably loud. A cold breakfast is included in the pricing. I'd stay again if the bed was a king (I'd even take two twins).
"Good location and your typical TownPlace"
05/14/15 GregTrav28 Orlando, Florida
Nothing special (good or bad) about this hotel. The location is close top the highway and in a good enough section of town. For those who stay at TownPlaces normal this is no different. It neighbors the Residence Inn. The evening staff was very helpful in getting my wife and I extra kitchen supplies we needed. I would recommend it.