All hotels in Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States of America
40 Edwin H. Land Boulevard, Cambridge, MA, 02142, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Great hotel in Cambridge."
I really enjoyed my stay. The accommodations were comfortable and clean. Nice view of the Charles River and Boston skyline. The shopping mall across the street was very nice. I took the subway to the Boston Convention Center each day, which was about three or four blocks away. This might not work for some people, but it was great for me. The hotel staff were very helpful and friendly. The pool and work-out facilities were very nice. I didn't eat at the restaurants at the hotel, so I can't comment on that. I would definitely stay here again when I travel to Boston.
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
Overall, this hotel was very good. It took us 10-15 minutes walk to nearest T station, though. Still it was very convenient. There are three stations near the hotel. The location was little bit far from downtown in Boston, but it took 10 minutes by car to get there. There are restaurants and a mall outside nearby. The stuff in the hotel was good. The room was clean. The parking cost us 38 dollars per night. Wifi was available, but limited for free. The lady at the check-in counter was so kind. She was very nice to my kids and gave the lobster dolls for them. Plus, she upgraded our room for free when I was worried that my kids would fall off from the beds. We had a great time in Boston thanks to Sonesta hotel!
"Nice hotel but very expensive"
Restaurants are limited Rooms seemed clean and quiet Bed was satisfactory but found it difficult to sleep charged an extra $75 for miscellaneous and never provided a final receipt charged $38 for parking
Other trip Mar 26, 2015
"Okay Hotel"
The hotel was okay. It's in a pretty good location with a mall across the street and a train within a 10 minute walk. The rooms overlook the river which is nice. The bathroom was a little small with a tiny commode and a tight walk-in shower. Water pressure wasn't great either. The room itself was spacious and clean and the lighting and amount of plugs were good. They have lights at the sides of the bed that are motion sensored so they turn on if you have to get up in the middle of the night which was very nice. The bed was comfortable but squeaky. The cable TV was a little old school. The pool is slightly heated but there isn't a hot tub which was a bummer, especially after walking all over the city the first day. Overall it was an okay hotel, a little too pricey for what you get in my opinion.
3 night romance trip Mar 20, 2015
"Distinctly average and over-priced"
We were assigned a closet-sized room (literally), which at about $300 daily rate was outrageous. After objecting, the staff moved to a spacious room. The hotel is ok, but distinctly average in terms of facilities and mediocre service. OK for a short stay. Excellent location but very expensive for its mediocrity, including the $38 daily garage fee. I would only recommend this hotel at the right price.
Other trip Mar 24, 2015
HK
Very nice hotel staff was nice room was very clean
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
"Not what i expected for the price"
The room that was given to me was a corner unit. Make sure you do not get that room. The bathroom is small and the toilet is about 2 inches from the shower glass door, not very confortable, the room is small and odd to walk around the bed ect. The tv takes about 30 seconds to change each chanel, there is no convenience store in the facilities and the foods is not that good.
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
bussiness trave
"shopping and restaurants across the street."
Great staff. You can get sight seeing tours across the street. In hotel restaurants were very good as well as room service. top of the line exercise facility as well as indoor pool.
Other trip Mar 22, 2015
lee
"These guys give the worse rooms to Expedia"
First they put me in a very loud room with elevator and staff rooms making lots of noise. Then they moved me to a super small room with a broken toilet. So much for VIP+
Other trip Mar 22, 2015
bob
"work and play."
It was good.
3 night business trip Mar 13, 2015
Robert m.
"Close to everything."
Mall and restaurants across the street. Boston tour bus stop and lake tour also across the street. Museum of Science and public transportation within walking distance.
Other trip Mar 17, 2015
"Lovely but loud"
The hotel was great. It was in a convienent location with decent restaurants and things to do nearby. Really the only thing that bothered me was the noise. I could hear everything going on in the hallway. When the cleaning staff began working (which seemed really early) and when my neighbor came home, brushed his teeth, flushed the toilet, and had a conversation with his wife. I heard it all. I'd stay there again if I go back to Boston, but I would ask for a quieter area of the hotel if possible.
5 night trip Mar 6, 2015
Belinda
"Sonesta Boston"
Very nice hotel.
6 night business trip Mar 7, 2015
"Wonderful Weekend"
Wonderful hotel, great coffee bar with great staff. We plan to return in May.
2 night family trip Mar 6, 2015
"Great guest rooms but VERY Noisy in the morning"
Awesome hotel and the rooms are great but listened to constant banging and slamming doors all morning when we were trying to sleep. Very thin walls it was by far the loudest hotel stay I have ever had.
1 night romance trip Mar 7, 2015
"Style, location, and professionalism"
Stylish design and comfortable, with professional, friendly staff throughout. Great lobby nooks, fireplaces, and modern art. The pool and solarium were an unexpected escape--spacious, very clean, and warm with relaxing sky views. Excellent room layout, firm beds, great pillows and modern tiled bath. Only drawbacks: room was cold and heat struggled to keep up in our corner room with a view (replacement windows needed); in-room coffee and tea was poor; art bar wine and food was mediocre, although the barman was friendly and knowledgeable; cocktails are good.Loved the location for walking, access to the T, and great Boston views. Would love to come back in better weather.
2 night family trip Mar 7, 2015
Gina
"Modern, clean, inexpensive, convenient"
Stayed here with 5 others (across 2 rooms) to attend a conference. Rooms are small and walls are thin, but the hotel bar provides a pretty good area for small groups. There's a mall literally across the street in case you forgot anything at home, and the science museum is around the corner. Doesn't take very long to get into Boston, very manageable with Uber. Staff were very helpful but never came off as intrusive or annoying. Our group got a noise complaint one night but the security guys were direct, succinct, and left us alone after we went downstairs.
Other trip Mar 10, 2015
We booked our hotel rooms (plural) from hotels.com and we called about a week or so in advance to make sure all rooms could be put together even though some were different bed types. We were assured that it was no problem and it could be done. But when we arrived from Philadelphia to Boston to check in 3 of the 4 rooms we booked were wrong. Two rooms were supposed to be king size beds and they were given queens. And the room with 2 double beds wasn't ready because it had an engineering problem. The fourth room was fine nothing went wrong. They solved the king bed room problem by putting us at opposite ends of the hall from one another (which is why we called a week in advance to be kept together) Then the room that wasn't ready was dealt with by giving us another room that was also not ready yet because it was being cleaned but at least there were no engineering problems. Check in was 3pm and we did not arrive in Boston and at the Sonesta until 4pm. There was no reason for our rooms to not be ready for us. They sent 2 rooms complimentary fruit to apologize for the inconvenience. This is my second time staying at a Sonesta in the last 2 months and I was very disappointed. First stay was in Philadelphia where I'm from and waited almost 2 hours to get my car back from valet. Meanwhile they charge you $40 a night to park in their garage but you wait that long to get your car back from them.
2 night trip with friends Mar 6, 2015
Megan
"Lovely hotel in convenient location"
Even though we arrived well before regular check-in time, we were able to get into a room right away (9:00 a.m.), which meant we could start our day, already settled in. Concierge and front-desk people were very helpful with directions, maps, and extra keys. Studio Cafe had delicious breakfast foods. Cambridgeside Galleria right across the street with CVS for forgotten necessities, food court for a quick bite, and exterior restaurants open late on weekend nights. Only a few blocks from Lechmere T stop. Taxis readily available. Wonderful, contemporary ambiance in the lobby and public areas. Comfortable beds, quiet halls. A few minor issues that didn't negatively affect our stay or willingness to return, but perhaps worth mentioning... even though the thermostat showed 65, it felt closer to 75 or 80 in the room - definitely ten degrees difference between the room and the hall. Tub drained slowly/standing water an inch or two deep when showering. (Told front desk upon check-out, and they comped a pastry and drink at the Studio in-house, for two of us.) Pieces of cereal from a previous guest under the end of the bed, so not a very thorough cleaning between guests. We were putting together a small puzzle - housekeeping pushed at it to dust, I guess, and knocked pieces behind the desk, which we had to shimmy away from the wall to retrieve the pieces.
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
Becky
"Great find!"
Had a wonderful time, room was comfortable and clean, great view of city and river. Very convenient location. Food was very good, had a wonderful visit.
1 night family trip Mar 6, 2015
"Weekend at Royal Sonesta."
Very friendly and courteous staff at the hotel. Overall an excellent experience except at the restaurante - Dante. Daytime service at Dante was very good but extremely rude bartender made our evening experience unpleasant. Will still consider another stay at the Sonesta.
3 night family trip Feb 26, 2015
"beautiful and very clean hotel close to the mall"
I had a really good experience, the rooms were very clean with beautiful views of the city. very spacious hotel in a great location. staff were very polite. It has many excellent restaurants selections in the hotel and near the hotel, It has many excellent restaurants near the hotel. Pool area its clean and very spacious.
Other trip Mar 5, 2015
Leyda
"warm, accommodating and a wonderful stay...."
We loved this hotel. They were so accommodating. I mentioned upon checking in that we had spent our honeymoon there 40 years ago and they gave us a great room with a beautiful view. Dawn who checked us in was warm, professional and thoughtful. From the front desk to the bell people to room service, everyone was great. Highly recommend and will return..
3 night romance trip Feb 28, 2015
Stephen
"RN"
I had a really good and relaxig stay. It was easy access to everywhere n the shopping access was awesome as well. I will most definately come back here when i am in Boston.
2 night business trip Feb 27, 2015
Temitope
"Awesome place"
My friends and I stayed here for the weekend while doing a Sam Adams beer tour. The hotel was great and was located across the street from a mall, which had several nice restaurants.
2 night trip with friends Feb 27, 2015
"Mediocre at best"
Average. Staff was great but I expected more from the hotel and will not return.
2 night trip with friends Feb 20, 2015
"Great staff!"
We took the children to Boston for the weekend. This was our first time back at Royal Sonesta since they finished the upgrade. The staff is friendly, genuine and helpful. The rooms are comfortable and clean. Great workout room and the pool was clean. This hotel is walking distance to the Science Museum (even in sub zero weather)! The breakfast restaurant needs more variety and should at a minimum have the food that they offer on their menu. This was our only disappointment. However, their new café was wonderful!
2 night family trip Feb 20, 2015
"Great stay at the Sonesta"
I was very pleased at the level of service for the price. My only suggestion for improvement is to keep the kitchen at the restaurant/bar open later than 10 PM.
4 night romance trip Feb 18, 2015
"Very nice"
Very nice hotel, near restaurants and shopping, short drive to Harvard and Boston. Two restaurants and a snack bar. Very nice large pool but no hot tub.
Other trip Feb 26, 2015
Lydia
"so-so"
We had a good time overall. fabulous pool. Our room was tawdry, broken fan in the bathroom, non-working TV.
1 night family trip Feb 14, 2015
"Great place to stay during the 2015 snowstorms"
We had relatives visiting during the worst week of the Boston area's winter form hell. They and we agree that the Royal Sonesta is a great place for staying during bad weather. Its location on the Charles River makes it really great during good weather. The hotel has many interior space that can help avoid getting cabin fever, there are attractions within walking distance so there are always something to do even when the T dies not run, and the variety of good nearby places to eat makes being housebound easier to bear.
Other trip Feb 25, 2015
CJS
"Second time staying"
My second time staying here, my son is looking at colleges in Boston. Close to the T, close to a mall (food court).
2 night family trip Feb 5, 2015
My stay was excellent. Room was clean and spacious and had a very comfortable feel
1 night trip with friends Feb 21, 2015
Nicole
"happy"
The food was very expensive but all in all, it was a very nice stay. We will return.
1 night family trip Feb 21, 2015
Adrienne
"great hotel!"
Great comfy beds... near T stop Good gym and pool
2 night trip Feb 18, 2015
Isabella
"My Boston getaway"
Although the room was small. It was cozy and very clean. Only problem I experienced was bathroom floor was freezing. I also would of liked a microwave in the room to heat up a late snack.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
"Would stay here again with my family"
We stayed here as a family of 4 (3 and 5 year old) since the hotel came up when I searched on this site for family-friendly. I was surprised, because the look of the hotel didn't appear to be the usual family-friendly style. When we got there, I was afraid we made a mistake, but soon after saw several other families with kids. Seemed like a very reason rate per night ~180. Parking was $36 a night. It was close enough to TD Garden where we were headed the next day. We did not have time for the pool.
2 night family trip Feb 18, 2015
Deborah
"Given the Royal treatment."
My whole experience was wonderful. The hotel interior is decked out with beautiful artwork and has a very modern look. Our room was spacious with a balcony overseeing the river. We end up reserving another night and will definitely be visiting again.
1 night romance trip Feb 20, 2015
Vaughn
"Feb Vac"
The hotel was very nice. Your staff was extremely helpful and kind to our children. One of your associates (Patrick)gave them a hat and stuffed animals, which made them very happy and a nice gesture. Our only concern, which may be more of a city issue is that there are no microwaves in the room. That did prevent a challenge to heat up some food for our younger child.
1 night family trip Feb 19, 2015
james
"Near Cambridge"
A very nice hotel especially for the price. Good size rooms with very nice amenities aka. Bar, Restaurant, pool gym. A little out of the way for downtown but close to Cambridge.
2 night family trip Feb 18, 2015
"Hotel"
Great I would go there again
4 night romance trip Feb 13, 2015
"Excellent hotel, location and staff"
Absolutely terrific hotel and location. Cant beat staying directly across from Galleria Mall with shops, restaurants, etc. Hotel staff were terrific and professional. Bartenders and staff at Dante were extremely friendly and fun. Wait staff at the breakfast restaurant were very pleasant, outgoing, friendly. Food was delicious. The room was small (King/deluxe) and bathroom was very small for 2 people. View from room of Charles River and Boston skyline was terrific. Overall, an incredibly positive, fun stay. I will stay there again in the summer.
3 night trip with friends Feb 13, 2015
"Very Convenient Hotel to Boston and Cambridge"
Small bed ,cramped bathroom but nice design, good coffee in cafe, spotty wifi, nice people and friendly staff. Other rooms we have had at the Sonesta were better.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
"Comfortable, modern hotel with good service"
Stayed here for 1 night during President's weekend. The hotel was fresh and modern, the bed was comfortable and the staff was helpful and courteous. This is a 4 star hotel in terms of quality, and within that category, I rate it a 5. Location is good in terms of views and access to a mall, but it would be better if it were closer to more restaurants and to the T.
2 night romance trip Feb 13, 2015
Lizabeth
"Nice view"
Hit Boston in the middle of a blizzard. Hotel staff was knowledge about area and helpful.
Red
"Clean and comfortable stay"
A great hotel experience for the money, the room was clean and very modern. The coffee was delicious downstairs in the coffee shop as well. My only complaints were that the bar has a private liquor license so you can't buy a drink and then bring it to your room, and room service gets pricey and takes too long. BYOB! and parking per night is pricey, $38 to self park, I personally think it's wrong when hotels charge guests that much to park per day, but I guess it's what you get in the city.
adrienne
Perfect location for walking to dinner in Cambridge and close enough to Boston to get around.
5 night business trip Feb 6, 2015
"Great place, great location"
The hotel staff was the greatest. You couldn't get better service
robert
"Incredible Stay"
Everything was incredible from the staff,service to the room! Very conveniently located directly across the Cambridge Galleria Mall;literally steps away. I would absolutely highly recommend anyone to stay at this hotel.
3 night trip Feb 6, 2015