All hotels in Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States of America
40 Edwin H. Land Boulevard, Cambridge, MA, 02142, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"A nice Surprise"
this is a really nice hotel. The room is comfortable, clean and you will not be bothered by noisy neighbors. The bathroom is beautifully organized, the desk is a pleasure to work at. Really liked the Eco friendly touches. Would stay here again in a heartbeat.
1 night business trip Sep 3, 2015
gregg
"Nice stay while in Boston"
A short trip to Boston, so thankful for the upgrade to a river view room. Really appreciated the location, walking distance to green and red Ts. Loved having the bikes on site, though helmet and a lock are needed.
2 night family trip Sep 2, 2015
jenifer
"Only problem-far away from TRAIN STATION"
Recome d to have free shuttle to transport to the train station and pick up the hotel guest from the station to the hotel It is a must!
Other trip Sep 6, 2015
"Relaxing stay"
Best hotel stay I have had so far. Nice friendly staff, comfortable accommodation, lov those pillows. A view to die for, from my room location overlooking the Charles River. Looking forward to staying there again.
2 night business trip Aug 30, 2015
"Beautiful hotel, expensive parking"
Nice hotel with lots of options on site. Beautiful view of the river. The only real negative was that you have to still pay for parking even as a guest of the hotel. $38 a night seems like a lot for a paying custom at a hotel that is not cheap to stay at.
2 night family trip Aug 30, 2015
"Great Hotel!"
This is a great hotel in a great location. We stayed four days, and I found nothing but good. I loved the view of the river, the quality of the mattresses, the heated pool, the equipment in the gym, the free wine and cheese welcome,...
4 night family trip Aug 28, 2015
Edward
very good hotel. one of the best hotels i stayed in the states.
Other trip Sep 3, 2015
excellent hotel beautiful view great food. we would like to stay there next time when we visit Boston
Other trip Sep 1, 2015
Roman
"A new staple in Beantown"
Great time on the Charles. Both ArtBar and Dante's were upscale and family friendly. Pool was fun and clean. Easy to get all around Boston. Will stay there again and again.
2 night family trip Aug 28, 2015
"Expensive but not worth it"
Front desk staff were rude to my wife as she had asked about restaurants with her allergy. They said they wouldn't try to accommodate her gluten allergy and for us to find a different hotel.
Other trip Aug 30, 2015
"Great hotel and location!"
I wanted to stay outside Boston and this hotel was perfect! The room was the perfect size and with an amazing view. They had a complementary wine and cheese for all new members which I am now with absolutely no pressure from the staff! I was able to take my glass or wine and cheese outside on the patio to relax!. The staff was great, extremely friendly, and eager to help you. The Concierge, Samira, was very helpful and knowledgeable in helping me finding areas to visit with my kids. I loved that she spoke French (with me), but also Arabic and Spanish! They also offer have a pool, bar, coffee shop, and restaurant!
Other trip Aug 29, 2015
Eva
it was great
1 night family trip Aug 22, 2015
brendan
Family mini vacation- great trip! Love movie at pool on Saturday night.
Other trip Aug 28, 2015
"Unhappy traveler"
room we booked not available, had to share bed with my daughter. Room very small, next to elevator.
1 night family trip Aug 22, 2015
"Amazing Experience"
my stay was absolutely amazing and I plan to come back! I love how Saturday nights they play a video off the projector in the pool. My spouse and I floated around on the lilipads provided and watched the little mermaid and enjoyed some freshly popped popcorn all provided by The Royal Sonesta! I strongly recommend this hotel for couples definitely!
1 night romance trip Aug 22, 2015
Alethia
"Nice Hotel w WaterViews /Food and Beverage Lacking"
We have stayed there before. Nice staff, great check-in experience. Vallet guys spend more time with opening the driver's door with their hands out than making an effort to open female passengers door. Room service for breakfast was a rip off. $13 for yogurt and fruit, comes in plastic cup just like downstairs that they sell for $4. Overall the hotel is very nice. I would stay there again for business but eat elsewhere. The casual restaurant was very good last visit but has seemed to go down hill. Food quality just doesn't match pricing. Food was cold...etc.
Ann
"OK hotel near major sites in Boston"
The rooms are OK - we stayed in a double room suite. thermostat didn't seem to work that well as the AC never turned off - bathroom is pleasant but not 4 star quality at all. HOtel staff that greet you a great - cookies and water in the afternoon a plus. The problem I had were with the bartender in one of the hotel restaurants, who couldn't be bothered with our drink order, and a concierge, who when asked about great seafood restaurants in boston, recommended several chain restaurants which I can get in NY - seriously? either way, we went with YELP and tried Oceanaire - awesome restaurant and would recommend it to anyone. small pool and gym area.
Other trip Aug 25, 2015
I was a bit worried because my first stay was not so good but as soon as I walked in I felt so good They all went out of their way to make my stay a great one My thanks to all of the staff but a special thanks goes to Alisha at the front desk will never forget how friendly she was
maria
"Newer Hotel with Nice Cambridge Location"
The Royal Sonesta in Cambridge is a fairly new hotel with a modern decor and modern rooms. It is close enough to Harvard and MIT to be convenient to either location. The staff was friendly and helpful and the rate was very competitive. I would stay there again when I return to visit my daughter at college.
Hal
Came for a little family vacation! Hotel was awesome and staff was even better. Lennox at valet was by far the friendliest staff member. He made a point to remember us and our kids. He had great suggestions for restaurants and was over all just an awesome guy. Thank you Lennox! One problem we had was that there was someone smoking in the room next to ours and it made for a very unpleasant smell. I reported it upon check out because it was that morning that it started to smell. The hotel staff member I reported it too was very apologetic. this is not the hotels fault at all. The second problem was that there was a dirty washcloth over the shower curtain from a previous guest. This must have been an over site because the cleanliness was great. We will be back in Decemberr and plan on booking at this same hotel!
3 night family trip Aug 20, 2015
"Great Location - Great Hotel"
Great hotel - very attractive and clean, excellent location (request a river view room!). Staff is top notch, much attention placed on customer service.
3 night family trip Aug 20, 2015
"Better than expected in Boston for the price but.."
Room and view was better than I expected...bed sheets are bright white ...and has stains... the biggest down fall was being charged to park in the hotel where I am staying...Unacceptable in my opinion, it's like being dishonest... did they think I was going to walk there?
2 night family trip Aug 16, 2015
Raymond
"I'll never stay at a Royal Sonesta again"
Very poor price/performance. Four star price and one star performance. Poorly trained staff. Totally inadequate staff to handle arrival and check in. Very small room with no space for anything. Water ran under shower door onto bathroom floor.
Other trip Aug 24, 2015
Stan
Attentive staff,beautiful view of Charles river,very nice comfortable room with good amenities.Ate in ArtBar which was great. Loved everything.
2 night trip Aug 16, 2015
"great hotel in cambridge"
Friendly staff, got upgraded to the Porter Suite on the 9th floor; highly recommend. Excellent view of the Bay and there is a great running/biking trail just behind the hotel that runs along the water. It looked like they even have bikes you could rent!
Other trip Aug 21, 2015
laurel
"We enjoyed my stay"
I have stayed in other hotels and resorts and so far the Royal Sonesta has been the best. The staff gets a 10, they are all professional, courteous and friendly. They went out of their way to accommodate us. The food was amazing. The view of the river and the location perfect. I slept better than at home. My son loved the staff and one of the ladies even showed him how to whistle to call a taxi. My Mom was content and the lady is super picky. She even went out by herself; she was comfortable. Thanks to everyone for taking care of us. We will definitely return again.
Other trip Aug 16, 2015
Josey
Room was great, Pool area was dirty.
2 night romance trip Aug 7, 2015
"Great hotel in an ideal location"
Stayed here with my wife and son for a getaway family weekend. The hotel was conveniently located within walking distance to a T station for easy and quick access to all parts of Boston. it is also located along the Charles river where we enjoyed a nice morning run. The only negative was limited parking. We chose to save on the $38 a day and street park on the south side of the hotel which was tricky to get. They also charged us for the two bottles of water which they provide in the room which was a bit much. All in all a great hotel to stay in Boston. I would definitely stay here again.
Other trip Aug 10, 2015
"July stay"
Four night stay, expensive but problem with rate charged in error taken care of very quickly. Beautiful view. Very friendly staff, Used concierge several times, very helpful. Used Uber rather than taxis on all trips/very convenient. Loved hotel, had two rooms. Staff was very helpful on all requests. Fragrance in lobby was too strong. Did not eat here except snacks.
4 night family trip Jul 26, 2015
Robin
"Looking forward to my next stay"
Excellent service with the best hospitality
2 night business trip Jul 29, 2015
"Loved It!!!!"
I have already decided that whenever I'm in Boston, this will be my hotel of choice. Absolutely positve experience!
2 night trip with friends Jul 29, 2015
"Great visit"
The staff was super helpful. The hotel very nice. Rooms clean/ well maintained and chic decor. Our view was fabulous. All over great stay.
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
"Everything was excellent!"
Loved this place. Perfect location. Device and amenities were perfect. Highly recommend it. Thanks Arely for all your help, you were amazing!
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
yari
"location"
Great location in Cambatridge.Close to airport, but not so close that you hear planes. Hotel is right on the Charles River, which is great location. Running path is right on the water...beautiful!! We walked to Harvard Square, which took about an hour..two hours if you walk along the river, which we did. Also close to the city of Boston
Other trip Jul 30, 2015
Lisla
"Very convenient and comfortable"
Their bed is really comfortable. I stayed there for a week and don't feel anything bothering me---typically if I sleep for more than 3 days on a hotel bed, my back starts to hurt. Very good restaurants downstairs. Excellent view of Charles river. Next to a shopping mall where I can get food and many other things conveniently. Their staffs are very friendly. But I hope that the checkout procedure can be more efficient. I told the person repeatedly that I'm running late for my train and she still looks pretty relaxed and did everything not in a rush at all. I almost missed my train. I hope they can adopt automatic checkout procedure as in many other hotels, so that I don't need to pass by at front desk. The doorman who handled my luggage was careless and threw it up-side-down. As my laptop was on the top of the luggage I was somewhat mad at him. Other than these small things, it was a very pleasant stay.
Other trip Jul 29, 2015
The taxi rate is very fishy. I understand that taxi is operated by other companies. However, the hotel should establish necessary requirements for taxi.
Other trip Jul 28, 2015
"Great views!!!!"
We really enjoyed our stay. It was very family friendly and quiet
Other trip Jul 24, 2015
Steph
Stayed one night. Convenient to Museum of Science and Duck Tours leaving from the Museum of Science. Room was clean and nice. But not impressed with hotel restaurant ArtBar. Ate there for lunch one day and bkfst the next. Food is nothing special. And both times service was very poor. Long wait for initial water service. Long wa it for order taking. Even longer wait for food. At lunch ... my daughters chowder never came. Had to ask for it repeatedly. At bkfst ... the table behind us got their food first yet they arrived about 15 min after us. Kitchen must be elsewhere in the hotel b/c the food comes with metal room service covers which cause condensation to build and drip down on your food. Pool is not nearly as nice as the pics online. Only three chaise lounges and one small couch seating area for sunbathing. I guess there is suppose to be bar service at the pool ... but we never got any. Sat there for about 3 hours and no one came for a drink order. Probably wouldnt stay there again. Prefer the Omni Parker.
1 night family trip Jul 17, 2015
"Nice upscale hotel"
We really liked staying here. Staff was wonderful. The only strange thing in our room was the toilet was too close to the shower
Other trip Jul 18, 2015
JP
"Boston Gem!"
Knew nothing of Boston. This was the most reasonable hotel I could find close to downtown. We had 2 queen beds, an absolutely stunning view of the river and just a great experience. Would recommend this hotel to anyone!
2 night family trip Jul 10, 2015
Thekla
"Terrible"
I called the morning of our arrival to confirm our late arrival. When we arrived, they had given away our room with two beds. We had four people for one bed! We were very angry. They said they would give us two rollaway beds. Guy shows up with one rollaway bed only, clueless that we needed two. Finally second one shows up. Result was that we absolutely could not walk around our room, at all. Ridiculous. Next morning we go to checkout and they said we could have free parking from the parking garage. We try to exit parking garage and gate attendant has no idea why we say we should be getting free parking. I told him to call front desk, which he does. All in all, couldn't have been more disappointed with our stay here. How we did not get our entire stay comped here for our ridiculous rooming situation, I do not know. Avoid this hotel at all costs.
Other trip Jul 14, 2015
"Perfect!"
Wonderful staff wonderful hotel great location. No need to stay at the pricier ones that overbill themselves and guests.
Other trip Jul 13, 2015
girls weekend
"Great Hotel, not for fireworks"
The staff was wonderful and the room was clean and modern. It is conveniently located near the Museum of Science and a mall that was great for a quick cup of coffee. Unfortunately, we read on a Trip Adviser review that the hotel and specifically its restaurant was an ideal location to see the fireworks on the Fourth. This was absolutely FALSE. You had ZERO visibility. We had to go further down the boardwalk to see. Had we known this, we would have picked a hotel further down the road. This, of course, wasn't the hotel's fault.
3 night family trip Jul 2, 2015
"4th of July stay was great!!"
My family and I stayed during the Fourth of July weekend and the service was great! I would surely stay there again.
2 night family trip Jul 3, 2015
"Great Place"
first time staying here, great location, little tough getting around with Road/bridge construction but walking very commutable to the city.
2 night romance trip Jul 3, 2015
Janice
We enjoyed out stay at the Royal Sonesta, Boston. The hotel staff was very friendly and the rooms were a nice size and comfortable. The indoor pool was big and the weight room was great has it had weight machines and free weights, which is great if you work out regularly. The view from the bay side was great, you could see the bay, and Boston.
Other trip Jul 7, 2015
"A strong A-."
Wonderful level of service, a very comfortable bed, and excellent dining. The "disabled" room was perfect for someone with mobility issues, except for the lack of a comfy arm chair. If you want one, go to the lobby. A well-stocked gift shop (for newspapers, drugstore items, tourist souvenirs, etc.) would have been useful, too. If you can walk easily, there's a large shopping mall across the street. But if you can't, you're out of luck. All in all, a very strong A- experience. I've been to this hotel many times, and I'll be coming back.
1 night business trip Jun 21, 2015
Elliott
"The queen size room at the corner is too small."
They upgrade me to one Queen size bed room with the river view. The room size is too small and the room shape is very bad.
Other trip Jun 28, 2015
"Nice hotel. Good location."
Comfortable room with a great view. I liked the upgrades to light fixtures and the motion sensor lights for when you get up in the middle is the night. The staff was friendly and helpful.
Other trip Jun 27, 2015
"Almost perfect stay in Cambridge MA"
We stayed for two nights on a short visit to Boston. Great view of the river. Good location close to the main tourist attractions. Pleasant accommodations. We had a few issues with the bathroom upon checking in late at night, but the problems were satisfactorily resolved the next day.
Other trip Jun 24, 2015