All hotels in Falmouth, Massachusetts, United States of America

• Value
    Poor value for money
    Room is not nice
"No Heat in my room!"
I had no heat in my room!!!!! I was in town for a wake/funeral. My hotel room was freezing when I fist got to it. I had to rush out for the evening so I cranked up the heat and assumed it would warm up before I got back. I was back in my room very late, around 12:30 am. I The room was still freezing 59 degrees. I was so tired. I just wanted to go to sleep. I slept in my coat. When I was checking out I told the front desk about my heat situation. SHE SAID SHE COULD NOT DO ANYTHING OR GIVE ME A DISCOUNT BECAUSE I PAID FOR MY HOTEL THRU HOTELS.COM The hotel has been done over and it does look very nice. My check-in experience was great. Check out was with a different staff member.
1 night trip Jan 18, 2016
Dana
"Girls Weekend"
Great place to stay for a reasonable price
1 night trip with friends Oct 23, 2015
"Satisfied"
Enjoyed the stay. With the exception of smelling paint in hallway during renovations.
1 night romance trip Nov 26, 2015
Theresa
"Very nice hotel at a fair price."
Very nice hotel. Polite staff. Would stay there again.
1 night family trip Nov 24, 2015
We signed up for 1 king bed, received 2 full size beds. Room given to us was at the extreme far end in the lowest level, (felt like we were in a basement). The window view (note to keep windows-curtains closed because of outside painting) was nothing but wooded area within 8 ft out of window. Did not receive any room cleaning or towels. Not much to do there, We slept 3 nights & left each morning early.
Other trip Oct 14, 2015
"One night was enough"
Beds were low end. Room was not ready at check in time when we arrived. Unfriendly staff.
Other trip Oct 14, 2015
"Stale, badly maintained over priced"
Room was infested with spiders, corridor reeked of cigarette dmike. Staff was smoking out back constantly. Parking lot reeked of sewage smell coming from manhole covers. For over $200 a night this place is a horrible value, stay at one of the small local establishments. HokidY inn should be ashamed to have their name on this hotel.
Other trip Oct 12, 2015
"dump !!!!!!!!"
Wanted a king size bed but front desk would not change it. THE double beds in the room were too small.
Other trip Aug 29, 2015
"Needs overhaul."
Carpets were absolutely filthy. Numerous stains. Handicapped room. Shower needs to be gutted. Shower plumbing not attached securely to wall Toilet seat kept moving when you sat on i.t.
1 night romance trip Aug 20, 2015
"Dishonest"
We would not stay here again We had to change our plans due to a funeral. The front desk told us it would be no problem but manager was not available to. When Expedia contacted manager she denied relief.
Other trip Aug 26, 2015
funeral attende
"Just ok."
The hotel is ok. Clean, quiet, and close to Main Street and Surf Drive Beach. The downside was that I travelled with my 5 month old and the Hotel's elevator is inconveniently on their furthest building. I had to have my husband carry the stroller up and down the stairs. Also, on our second day at the hotel, maintenance decided to flush out their pipes and shut the water off from 10 am until 4 pm. We couldn't sleep in and had to be out of our room all day until the water was turned on. Overall, the hotel is decent.
Other trip Aug 19, 2015
Vivian
"Good for a night, but not for a nicer stay"
Stayed here for business and some add-on day of relaxation. I should have looked elsewhere. I know the Cape is overcrowded and expensive in August but still, $300/ night for a smelly room with dirty carpet should not be ok. One of the first Holiday Inns I have come across that don't include breakfast. One of the days the water was shut off for renovations (which are needed, but why do them during peak tourist season?). The gym's treadmill was our of order, weights were missing. Everything just seemed in a state of disrepair. The staff was a bit clueless, when I asked what time breakfast was I got the answer "Don't know"... Just a bit disappointing all around.
Other trip Aug 14, 2015
"Acceptable accommodations, close to Falmouth"
Attentive and friendly staff. Hotel undergoing upgrades in lobby. Across the street from pretty lake. Rooms are a little run down but serviceable. Within two miles of scenic and walkable Falmouth town center.
1 night family trip Aug 8, 2015
Samine
"Suited us just fine"
We needed one night to be close to MV ferry. The hotel is fine It's staff were friendly and helpful Room was clean and quiet.
Other trip Aug 11, 2015
The hotel needs some upkeep and is not as nice as most holiday inns. TV and air condidtioner problems were frustrating but they took care of them. Overall it was ok for an area that has few mid range hotel options.
1 night trip with friends Aug 6, 2015
"Unclean , HOT& smelly !!!!"
Unfortunately I had a third floor room that had all sorts of body hairs etc.. In the bathroom & bed area .Also the ac unit was set permanately on 75 which is like heat during the summer .The hallway corridors had a foul odor .Not a very pleasent stay at all !!!!!
1 night business trip Aug 2, 2015
"Nice location close to Main Street and Woods Hole"
Nice location. Rooms are OK and bathroom is too small for 4.
Other trip Aug 1, 2015
"Nice mini vacation!"
We stayed at the Falmouth Holiday Inn for two nights. The staff was friendly, foursome, and knowledgable. Breakfast was excellent and the service was superior. Whenever we are in Falmouth, MA again, this will be the only place to stay! Wonderful experience! Just what one would expect from Holiday Inn.
Other trip Jul 30, 2015
deborah
"One night was one too many"
I stayed here for a wedding and booked a King room through Expedia and paid in full. I called before booking to make sure I could check-in early as the wedding that I was in started at 2 pm and the after party at the hotel didn't start until around 10:30 pm. I was told it would not be a problem but to call a few hours ahead of check-in to make sure. When I called that day, the man on the phone was extremely rude and said to have my husband come early and "hope for the best." When he did this, he was told they couldn't accommodate him as there were no King rooms available yet. After the wedding we came back to the hotel to check in and were again told there were no King rooms available and that all they had was a double. When I told them it was confirmed twice and I paid in full I was offered complimentary breakfast (which was equally terrible). Our room was small, the bathroom was dirty and the shower drain was clogged. To make matters worse, they charged my card for a full night's stay after I already paid in full. Bottom line, don't stay here unless you have to.
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
Liz
"Old hotel. Smelly room"
Hotel needs update. Staff very accommodating and friendly. Cannot compensate for downsides of facility.
Other trip Jul 21, 2015
walter
"Nice hotel, close to the beach."
Pleasant and great service by front desk staff. And very nice bartender and good food.
Other trip Jul 13, 2015
"There was no room telephone service"
The front desk had no phone service also. Had to report bad stains on the carpet in the room. There is no toilet exhaust system. The welcome binder was not in site...later found it in a drawer. Control of the HVAC was not explained. only the control was determined by walking down to the front desk ...to be told the unit controls were only changed by the wall thermostat not by the controls on the unit.
Other trip Jun 30, 2015
Not recommended
"Old"
Never go back old place hard to get in and out of the hotel
Other trip Jun 27, 2015
"Poor"
Our room was located in the middle of a construction zone. It was unsafe, loud and we weren't given any warnings about the state of our surroundings. We requested an early check in, which they couldn't accommodate. I was double charged for the room, although, they did refund the 2nd charge. Positive: the room was clean.
1 night family trip May 16, 2015
"Good location, beds were comfortable."
Hotel is under construction, no food at night, otherwise it suited our needs.
Other trip May 27, 2015
"disaster zone"
I requested an early check in earlier that week and they were unable to accommodate us. Our room was in the middle of a construction zone, open ceiling panels, razor blades succinct sticking out of the walls, electrical wires hanging out, eTc. We could hear hammering from other rooms. Our room was very dark and the bathroom was so small I kept hitting my elbow on the door while trying to dry my hair. The room was clean - that was the only good thing. Also, they double charged me for the room. I had to call for a refund, which they did, but without any apology for the error or inconvenience.
"Less than impressed"
It was suggested we stay at this hotel for a wedding. I booked the reservation and requested an earlier check-in time than 3p because we were coming in from out of town and had to get ready. They couldn't promise an earlier check-in, but requested a 1pm check-in. The room wasn't ready until 3p. The hotel was under a lot of construction. I had to walk through multiple hallways to reach my room, which was confusing as the hallways were not clearly marked, and when I finally found my hallway it was under considerable construction. All the doors had paper numbers taped to them, the wiring for the electrical work was hanging out of the ceiling panels, there was a large razor blade sticking out of the walls, and there was constant hammering coming from upstairs. The room was clean, but very dark and a little outdated. The bathroom was considerably smaller than my sister's room - which was the next hallway over. I wouldn't have minded the construction or the dated room if I had been warned. I was disappointed that I was in the middle of a construction zone and my room was smaller and I paid MORE than my sister - who had none of these issues. I think a price reduction was appropriate given our surroundings, but we didn't even get a head's up that we were in the construction zone, never mind an apology or offer of compensation.
1 night family trip May 16, 2015
Rude and unwelcoming staff at check in. Mold in bathroom.
Other trip May 11, 2015
"Good satisfying stay"
This hotel is in a quiet location (for a good night's sleep) and yet close to Main street for shops and restaurants.
3 night family trip Mar 31, 2015
Veronica
"newly renovated"
they have renovated the rooms and it has been a great stay experience.
Response by Holiday Inn Cape Cod-Falmouth
Dear Tian J, Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Cape Cod-Falmouth! We loved hearing that you had a great experience during your stay. We hope that you are able to visit us again real soon! Holiday Inn Cape CoFalmouthth Management Team
1 night business trip Feb 19, 2015
Tian J
"overnight visit"
We enjoyed our stay . The staff was friendly and the room was spotless.
Response by Holiday Inn Cape Cod-Falmouth
Dear Kathleen, Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Cape Cod-Falmouth! We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to provide great hospitality by our great staff. We look forward to you visiting us again in the future! Holiday Inn Cape Cod-Falmouth Management Team
1 night business trip Mar 3, 2015
Kathleen
"Comfortable"
Very pleasant staff. Room was clean and comfortably large. We had trouble with the drain and they were very attentive and had it fixed quickly.
2 night family trip Nov 26, 2014
Martha
"Wish I had paid the extra $$ and stayed elsewhere"
Wasn't worth the money I paid. I wish I had spent the extra money for a bed & breakfast or nicer hotel. Front desk staff was unfriendly and unwelcoming.
1 night trip Sep 27, 2014
The room was not cleaned at check in. Toilet overflow almost. Elevator far and walkways dirty
2 night trip Sep 8, 2014
RW
"Good location and hotel"
Went oer on the long weekend of Labor Day. Everything worked well - including the breakfast. A good place to stay among all the Inns and Motels.
1 night trip Aug 28, 2014
"There is Room for improvement"
Was too cold due to central air conditioning.
1 night trip Aug 25, 2014
"Nice Hotel, Staff Needs to be Nicer"
The hotel was very nice and clean. The staff leaves a little to be desired. The waiter that we had for breakfast was not nice at all and very slow. The front desk personnel wasn't at the desk for a long time and was rude when she returned. I think this place needs some retraining.
1 night trip Aug 17, 2014
"Not what we hoped for"
I found the room to be cramped, Wi-Fi internet speed incredibly slow, no way to plug the drain in the bathroom sink, bathroom too dark, A/C unit too noisy, after several attempts at unlocking the door you may be able to enter your room, and once in the door, you'll find the room to have a musty smell. Proximity to anything was a problem, can't walk to anywhere - must drive. The hotel is in need of a big time renovation. The restaurant breakfast (the only meals I ate there - my wife wouldn't eat there again after the first meal) was always served with errors (I always ordered the same thing but when it came to me, each time it was different than what I'd ordered). The buffet breakfast that I ate one morning was the worst buffet breakfast I think I've ever eaten. Scrambled eggs were so well done they crumbled apart on your plate like sand. Slow service is defined by this restaurant.
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
"family get a way"
Holiday Inn met our expectations, nice pool, not near beach or within walking of tourist/beach type shopping, More of a business location. But all beach activities a short drive a way.
1 night family trip Jul 19, 2014
"Nice, clean hotel, but the service could improve"
We stayed at this hotel with our two young kids last weekend. The hotel is easily accessible, the rooms are clean and updated, but the service is extremely slow here. We checked in on a Saturday afternoon, and there was a line at check-in. The staff is in no hurry. The following morning, we went to have breakfast at the hotel restaurant, and the service was even slower. The waitress didn't bring us menus for about 15 minutes, she had no tolerance for young children, she was rude about such requests as 'no bacon' in an omelet. When we left, she actually ran after us to ask if we had remembered to sign the check. I recommend this hotel as a place to stay, but would keep interactions with staff to a minimum.
1 night family trip Jul 19, 2014
"Inconsistent"
It was a relatively routine stay, however, I was a bit dismayed by the "free" breakfast, which was not free on the first day. On our first monring, our bill cam to over $40! That seemed very high, given it was myself and two kids, and we did not order anything extravagant. We only got a $20 discount, and I tipped on the $40, so $8 tip. I spent nearly $30 on a "free" breakfast! The next day, we had a nearly identical breakfast, and the bill came to just over $20, and with the $20 discount, we paid just a few bucks for the extra plus tip. When you advertise a "free" breakfast, it should be FREE, and there should not be such a discrepancy from one day to another depending on the waitress! The 2nd waitress was obviously more in-tune to families needs. The first one should be fired.
2 night trip Jul 8, 2014
Cara
"Quiet area and great staff!"
The staff was very nice and helpful! The building was updated but halls were in need of vacuuming and outside of building needed repairs and painting. Pool looked a little unattended to. Our room was very nice and updated. Great night sleep and very quiet hotel the night we stayed. I would come back.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
missy
"Isn't really good"
The toilet moving The carpet smells bad The people at the restaurant don't give u lot attention when they see u have a cupons The parking is good Pool isn't too bad
Response by Holiday Inn Cape Cod-Falmouth
Dear Alex Thank you for your comments about your stay with us and we look forward to sharing your comment with our team members. We are sorry to hear you did have a positive stay with us and we continually strive to improve the property and our overall service. If you are ever back in the area, we would love to have to stay with us again!
3 night trip Jul 3, 2014
alex
"Never go here"
TV not working Treated so badly No extra beds although asked before booking Horrible experience ,,, rude receptionist
Response by Holiday Inn Cape Cod-Falmouth
Dear Parvez We are truly sorry you did not have a positive experience at our property during your stay with us. Sharing all comments from our online reviews with our staff are very improvement to us so we can improve in any areas we lacked in. We truly wish you would give the us opportunity in the future.
1 night business trip May 24, 2014
Parvez
"Been there 3 times and will be back"
I travel a bit to the Cape for work related reasons and after years of looking have decided to stick with this hotel going forward if logistics makes sense. The staff is great. Rooms are clean and beds comfortable. Nothing beats bringing my pillows from home, but if you are flying in - they are fine. You should pay the extra $5.00 a day and get the breakfast - it's at the restaurant onsite and while not the "best"; they give you a $20 voucher and it's perfect for getting your day started. OJ, Coffee, Fruit, Eggs, pancakes - a real breakfast. Very close to Woods Hole if you need the ferry
Response by Holiday Inn Cape Cod-Falmouth
Dear Guest Thank You for the positive review! We are happy to hear you enjoy our breakfast. Looking forward to seeing you in the future at your next stay with us.
3 night trip May 17, 2014
"Clean and comfortable stay"
The best part if the room was the very comfortable mattress and pillows. Loved having choice of firm or soft and the luxury of having four pillows on my bed. My room was spacious and clean and also well decorated. I did not try the restaurant because of the mixed reviews and limited choices. It would have been nice if breakfast was included.
Response by Holiday Inn Cape Cod-Falmouth
Dear Mary Thank you for your 4 star review! We love to hear the positive comments regarding our rooms - I will admit the pillows are great. The comments about the restaurant are greatly appreciated. We hope you will stay with us again in the future.
Other trip May 13, 2014
mary
"Perfect!"
I was very pleased with everything. Decor was so fresh and modern. Pillows and mattresses were to die for! I slept for 7.5 hours straight! I will definitely be back.
Response by Holiday Inn Cape Cod-Falmouth
Dear Kim Thank you for your 5 star review! We are excited that our room updates are completed and our rooms are fresh and modern. Our pillows were updated during the updates as well, I personally love our new pillows. We look forward to your next stay with us!
1 night trip May 10, 2014
"Comfortable stay"
In town for conference. Convenient location. Pretty good food at hotel restaurant.
Response by Holiday Inn Cape Cod-Falmouth
Thank you for your 4 star review!
Other trip Apr 30, 2014
"Nice hotel close to the beach"
It was really nice even though I just stay 1 night I like it because the room was very clean and the beds are very comfortable very nice
Other trip Apr 27, 2014
"Not bad, not great, just OK"
This is not a bad place to stay, but it isn't a great place either. The hotel is oddly laid out, with no elevators, and a strange downstairs and then upstairs trek to rooms. At the end of a travel day with luggage, the lack of convenience is noticeable. The location is also not bad, but it isn't immediately close to anything like restaurants or services either.
Response by Holiday Inn Cape Cod-Falmouth
Dear Traveller, Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. We are sorry that you did not like the layout or location of the hotel. We appreciate your feedback, as it helps the hotel improve.
2 night trip Apr 4, 2014