All hotels in New Columbia, Pennsylvania, United States of America
160 Commerce Park DriveNew ColumbiaPA17856United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9222

Clean
    Great room
    Bad pool
Easy access to and from the highway. The room was clean and spacious. Hallways could have been cleaner... I saw the same dead moth in the hall for the entire two night stay. Breakfast was good and had nice selection available. The pool was not open. We were told for two days in a row that someone was coming to clean it later in the day. It was still not done when we left. Beware of the major potholes on the access road.
1 night trip Sep 20, 2014
Phil
"close to world little league baseball"
Breakfast was very good, hot buffet style and many items to choose. The Indoor swimming pool was not heated.
1 night trip Aug 23, 2014
SN
"Great stay for the LLWS !"
I stayed here for two nights with my son for days 1&2 of the 2014 LLWS. The hotel is incredibly convenient to the park. Super clean and the staff was fantastic. For day 2 I ran to WalMart to buy chairs to sit on the hill at Lamade. The guy at the front desk offered to go home and get a saw (said he lived close) on his break to help me saw off the back legs. Turned out the maintenance guy had a circular saw and came up front to help me. The chairs saved this 45 year olds back and made me look like a hero to my son. The place was packed and you could still find food and a place to sit at breakfast. I would go back in a second. For what we needed, which was cleanliness, convenience and a smile, this place is 5 star.
2 night trip Aug 14, 2014
Jason B
"No extra charge for late check out"
We needed a late checkout and they were very accommodating with no extra fee
1 night business trip Aug 10, 2014
Kassie
"Great accommodations"
A great example of the Holiday Inn's consistent delivery of a quality hotel experience. The entire place was clean and well lit. The staff were all friendly and intent on delivering a great stay.
1 night trip Aug 7, 2014
"Nice & Quiet"
Great place for a stop over. Polite, friendly front desk folks, Clean room, what more could you ask for ?
1 night business trip Jul 31, 2014
Larry D
"Easy off and on."
We stayed here the night before we went to Knoebels Amusement Park. The drive the next morning to the park was about 35 minutes. Only place to eat at night without driving far is Bonaza up the street at Comfort Inn.
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
Veda
"Decent, but with rough entrance"
Chose this hotel because it was pet-friendly and fairly close to Bucknell. Decent place, clean, good-sized room, plenty of parking. Although wasn't a major factor it is notable that the entrance road leading up to the hotel looks like something out of a post-apocalypse movie. Full of potholes and overall in very poor shape (in fact there are several signs along the road stating that it is a private drive and to "use at your own risk"). Doesn't give you a very positive first impression.
2 night trip Jul 1, 2014
Stuart
It was a hotel. We didn't perish there. The tv worked, the a/c did too. We don't remember too much about this hotel, as we were just passing through. It was exactly what we expected.
Other trip Jun 18, 2014
"A stop along the way"
We stopped here after a late start to our final destination. The staff was very friendly to a tired traveler! Room was nice and very quiet. Close enough to the freeway but far enough to be quiet.
1 night trip Jun 9, 2014
"A little R&R"
The jacuzzi suite was very nice! The room sort of smelled like it was previously used as a smoking room, but wasnt too overwhelming. We also utilized our Hotels.com rewards program and only had to pay the taxes on the room ($13.22)! Overall the hotel was very nice. The breakfast was accommodating to a variety of tastes. The staff was okay. You could tell they didn't love their jobs. We would certainly return to the hotel again.
1 night romance trip May 31, 2014
Gallo
"Good clean hotel"
We stay here often when visiting the local University in the area. They allow pets on the first floor which is very nice. Breakfast area is good clean and comfortable. What is poor is the bathroom layout very small in relation to the room and the amount of peeling paint on the ceiling is very unattractive.
Other trip Apr 28, 2014
Sandra
"Close to route 80"
Very convenient because of being close to route 80.
1 night trip Mar 22, 2014
"convenient location for visiting family in area"
The hotel was very comfortable, although there was a slight cigarette smoke smell in the room even though it was a non-smoking room. Otherwise, the room was very nice and the staff friendly and helpful. The small road leading to the hotel was in really bad shape, full of potholes, with pieces of asphalt as obstacles! Unbelievable since two hotels, a restaurant, and two businesses were on that road. Should be addressed.
Other trip Apr 13, 2014
Sandy
Great value. Easy access to rte 80; clean, very friendly staff; facility shows its age in some areas but is well maintained. This was my 2nd stay here for Bucknell events and I plan to use it again in the future.
1 night trip Apr 5, 2014
"Nice new Hotel but lacking is services"
The rooms were very nice and new with flat screen TV's and HBO. The wireless internet was slow and difficult to connect to. Noise AC/Heating system that keeps you up all night unless you turn it off. Breakfast was limited. Pancake maker had an "out of order sign on it". There is nothing near this hotel except one Bonanza restaurant, otherwise 4 miles to the nearest alternative. Convenient to Rt. 80.
1 night business trip Mar 27, 2014
"This Hotel looks almost new."
I expected this hotel has two of special thing.But I could not get those.One of them is "Hot tab".It is located at same place as pool but now out of service.(No announcement was web).Another one is "Sofa-bed" for 2-queen room.I saw that the information of facility for this hotel at expedia shows it should be there at the room.But any queen bed room does not have it even though web shows max occupancy is ''3 adult and 2 children''.But facility is good and persons who is working for this hotel are kind.
Other trip Feb 25, 2014
h-wakaba
We enjoyed our stay very Much. The rooms were clean and the pool was well maintained. We also used the gym. They had a great variety for breakfast and the employees were very professional.
Other trip Feb 24, 2014
tppena
"Most Pleasing and Pleasurable Hotel and stay."
Room was very clean. Bed so comfortable. Breakfast very satisfying and extensive. Staff was courteous, smiling, friendly, helpful.
1 night trip Feb 16, 2014
G. & L. Williams
I've stayed here numerous times. The staff is always very friendly. The hotel is very clean. The breakfast buffet has many options. I recommend this hotel to everyone.
1 night trip Jan 25, 2014
"Great Stay!"
This hotel was a great deal for what all we got. The free breakfast was nice, and I loved the hot tub inside the pool area. Friendly staff, and just a great stay here. The only negative thing is that I wish there were more and better restaurants in the area, but that's not a negative on the hotel at all.
1 night trip Oct 26, 2013
Katie K
I was very disappointed that the management of this hotel seemed to be more interested in accommodating its staff then the guests who are staying there. I asked for a late check out because I had an appointment later in the day and my daughter and grandson who were traveling with me would be most comfortable at the hotel rather than with me. The staff would not allow us to check out just 2 hours later. Hospitality should be just that.
1 night trip Oct 11, 2013
Misha De.
"for business"
Very clean and quiet. Good breakfast. All staff were very friendly. I would recommend this hotel.
2 night business trip Aug 21, 2013
the hotel was good . shower would not drain we had 5 people onely I was able to take shower. clerk could not get it fixed
1 night trip Aug 9, 2013
bob
"worth the exit"
Very nice and new, clean and squared away. Friendly staff
1 night trip Aug 10, 2013
"Perfect pit stop"
While not a destination, this was a Perfect pit stop. A consideration should be made for price but not a major issue.
1 night trip Aug 7, 2013
"Fine hotel, woefully understaffed"
We arrived at the hotel after a long day of driving, only to find there was no hand soap in our room. Called housekeeping. No answer. Called front desk. No answer. Walked down to find the poor young woman at the desk dealing with a long line of people checking in. I got her attention after a few moments, and she told me she was the only one working! Hard to believe. To her credit, she got the soap to us within about 30 minutes. Other than this, the hotel was fine. The older ladies who maintained the breakfast room were especially nice, and helpful
Other trip Aug 12, 2013
Drivin' Dad
A very clean hotel with a small problem. The breakfast area is just too small. The pool area was clean and perhaps a little too much Chlorine but no issues, Parking was adequate, location was good, room was good. Excluding the breakfast area this is a 4 or 5 but as it is the total package is a three.
Other trip Aug 3, 2013
Archer0915
"Nice hotel with WAY too many kids."
The room was nicely decorated and clean. The breakfast was okay. The only problem was that the whole place was absolutely mobbed with kids who were there for a softball tournament and their younger siblings. The oldest kids were around 10 and the rest were younger, and there were LOTS of them. I couldn't even think about getting near the pool or the breakfast food in the morning. I have 3 older kids of my own and used to work with kids, so I like them and am used to them. These kids weren't behaving particularly badly or anything, but there were just SO MANY of them that all the public areas of the hotel were over run.
Other trip Jul 16, 2013
"out of the way from attractions so cheaper"
We stayed at this location before and were very happy, however it seems to be "going down". We will not stay there again. We had ants and other bugs in our room and because we booked through Hotels.com, they wouldn't do anything for us. The supply truck didn't show up, so the free breakfast was not stocked. The pancake maker kept breaking. Some of the staff were not professional, complaining in front of guests. Pillows felt like they were 5 years old. However, ac was great and staff did do their jobs, but they all seemed unhappy.
2 night family trip Jul 4, 2013
"quiet convienance"
Me and my family did like the Hotel , the staff was helpful when needed to change our room. As well as the Hotel was very quiet, for being located right next to Rt 15, you could not hear to sound of the traffic and trucks riding by, my kids slept like babies all night! Though the location is convenient, there was not to much around that could be found on our own without using a GPS device. The Hotel is also a pet friendly Hotel for being as nice as it was. I would recommend people to stay here, as well as myself come back again.
1 night trip Jun 10, 2013
"Bucknell Reunion Weekend"
The Holiday Inn Express was clean, quiet and the two night stay was excellent.
2 night trip May 31, 2013
"This was the only hotel we could find for PSU"
Hotel was very noisy, could here people in the other rooms.
1 night trip May 3, 2013

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"Nice place to stay if in the area"
Room was great, skip the breakfast and go somewhere else for breakfast!
very nice
2 night family trip Mar 14, 2014

The following reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"長距離ドライブの疲れに"
ロビーから綺麗で、すこしオシャレなホテル、清潔感もあります。スタッフも気さくで、夜遅いチェックインでしたが笑顔で対応くださいました。ピッツバーグまで車で3時間半、ニューヨークまで4時間、といった立地です。長距離ドライブの休憩にちょうどいいホテルだと思います。
1 night family trip Dec 29, 2014
WATARU
JP
"Angenehme Unterkunft bei verkehrsguenstiger Lage"
Das Hotel liegt in unmittelbarer Naehe an der Interstate 80 und ist doch sehr ruhig. Der Service war sehr freundlich und zuvorkommend. Das Zimmer war sehr sauber und wohl aufgrund einer gerade abgeschlossenen Renovation mit neuen Betten und Moebeln ausgestattet. Das Fruehstueck war sehr gut und frisch. DIe Tische wurden regelmaessig von Servicekraeften gereinigt und das Bueffet wurde regelmaessig aufgefuellt. Das einzige Manko hier war der Pool, der etwas aelter und nicht ganz auf dem neuesten Stand war.
1 night trip Jun 5, 2014