All hotels in Portland, Oregon, United States of America

Delicious food
  • Wellness Area
    Great wellness & sports facilities
"Clean, comfortable,affordable!"
We arrived too late to take advantage of the free shuttle, which was a minus. Everything else was great. The breakfast had a large variety of items, including 3 fresh fruits. The staff was pleasant and very helpful. The room was large and very clean. Our room was very near the front lobby and breakfast room and it was very quiet.
4 night trip Sep 3, 2014
Joanna
The hotel provided breakfast early enough for the 4:30 a.m. shuttle. All of the staff was courteous and helpful. The hotel and room were clean. The sounds of the airport were not evident in the room.
1 night trip Aug 29, 2014
Would recommend, friendly staff close to the Airport
Other trip Sep 7, 2014
Nice location near airport and freeway access. Clean, nice staff, comfortable room.
Other trip Sep 5, 2014
Deb
Fantastic hotel. Great customer service. Great airport shuttle. Great breakfast.
3 night trip Aug 21, 2014
Lorri
"Think twice"
I was extremely disappointed to discover that there was no airport shuttle service when we arrived in Portland. It was advertised on the website when I made my reservation & this was an important component to my decision of where to stay. Apparently the shuttle stops at 12:30 a.m. & resumes at 4 a.m. and we arrived at 1:30 a.m. It was most inconvenient, cost more that we had not planned on, and the staff seemed unphased by our dismay. Moreover we were in a double room, not a room with 2 beds which is what I requested. I never, ever stay in a hotel without having 2 beds so this was an extreme inconvenience. The hotel staff could not provide a cot so we had extra blankets to make up for a second bed - not good at all. Breakfast was good & staff members were courteous on the positive side of things and we were able to stow our luggage in an office after we checked out, until we were able to travel further. I would not stay at this location again. I was actually advised that part of the reason I did not get the correct transportation info or bed info was because I made my reservation on hotels.com, not on the Holiday Inn site. However I have since checked the sites again & the info is erroneous - a customer should never be inconvenienced to this extent. Not good PR.
1 night family trip Aug 1, 2014
Kate
"An older HIE, but satisfactory"
This HIE is older, but rooms are comfortable and furnished in customary HIE fashion. Staff was very helpful. Close and convenient to the airport and surrounding area.
1 night family trip Aug 1, 2014
Richard M Kurshan
"Clean, affordable airport hotel"
This hotel was an affordable spot right by the airport which made it perfect for a quick overnight before driving to our destination the following morning. The room was clean and spacious, the service was quick, and the continental breakfast was much bigger than I expected and available really early (cold breakfast at 4 a.m. and hot breakfast at 6 a.m.). The only warning I would offer is that there are TWO hotels with the words "Holiday Inn" and "Portland Airport" very near to each other. Both have shuttles to/from the airport that look nearly identical. This is the Holiday Inn EXPRESS & SUITES Portland Airport. Double check that shuttle. Apparently it happens all the time that people get on the wrong one. ;)
1 night trip Aug 1, 2014
"WATCH YOUR CREDIT CARD"
I've stayed at some high end hotels and motels around the country and abroad, and NEVER has a Hotel or Motel withdrawn money from my credit card or bank account. These folks did just that, and it take up to four days to get the money back in your account, that cost me money on my interest baring account (not much, but it's my money not theirs). I wasn't informed of this policy and when I asked for a receipt when I checked out I was told that since I paid in advance no receipt was available. If I took money from some ones account without permission I'd hide it too, but I'm not a thief. I do not recommend this Hotel to anyone...
1 night business trip Jul 26, 2014
Doc Meyer
"Close to the airport"
Very pleased with our room. The room was spacious. We heard a few planes and then didn't really notice them. The breakfast was great!. I was just going to have oatmeal, then noticed the omelet. We weren't in the area very long so have no comment on the area. The one confusing thing was the freeway sign. It said North Airport Way, but the map had west and east. We picked west, and ended up having to loop around.
Other trip Jul 26, 2014
Betsy
"Great place to stay for an overnight visit"
Close to the airport, convenient and comfortable with a free full breakfast menu to boot.
Other trip Jul 24, 2014
JVT
I was very pleased by how helpful the concierges and shuttle drivers were about getting us to and from a public transit station. That really made our stay at the airport hotel very pleasant.
3 night family trip Jul 12, 2014
"We'll located to the airport. Excellent choices fo"
Wonderful friendly staff! Angela was fantastic, helpful and friendly. Access to business center for airline coordination was great! Room was perfect!
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
"Clean, renovated, close to airport"
We used this hotel for 2 nights a a lay over between our flight landing in Portland and our vacation in Bend. Rooms were clean, breakfast excellent, service nice. With a rental car, was 20 mins to most Portland neighborhoods. Overall great value
2 night family trip Jun 28, 2014
Dana
"Nice hotel & very friendly/helpful staff."
We needed a hotel room at the last minute & found the Holiday Inn Express in Portland, OR on-line. The staff at the front desk were very friendly. We enjoyed our stay in a beautiful room.
Other trip Jul 1, 2014
"Close to airport and pretty clean."
Comfortable and clean hotel, but housekeeping staff was over zealous. They knocked on our door before 8 a.m. Wanting to clean the room. An hour later, a housekeeping employee knocked and came in the room while I was getting dressed. She saw my husband leave our room with a suitcase and thought we were checking out.
Other trip Jun 28, 2014
Gwendolyn
"Great price, easy access to airport and highway."
I can't say enough about how amazing the staff was. Answered all my questions and helped me find places to eat and sightsee while I was in town. The complimentary breakfast had awesome options from hot food to the standard cold cereal. The workout room was great with free weights and machine weights and cardio machines. You can hear the planes landing and taking off somewhat but I only really noticed it like twice. Housekeeping was very good as well.
Other trip Jun 10, 2014
tomi
"Close to the Airport"
Room was clean and cozy. Staff were helpful. Love the complimentary breakfast :)
Other trip Jun 2, 2014
Joice
Everything was good except the fact that the front desk clerk at night didnt want to give my wife a glass of orange juice. I know that the oj was for the morning free breakfast but my wife never eats breakfast so she would ask the clerk for a glass of oj when we returned at night. All went out of their way to accommodate my wife except one who made a big deal out of it. We went back to our room and there is the hotel cover letter saying if we needed anything to just ask. We asked but was suprised to be brushed off like that. Other than that the hotel stay met my expectations.
4 night family trip May 15, 2014
GaryO
"Not Worth The Extra Money"
My wife and I, who regularly travel to Portland, decided to try Holiday Inn Express Suites instead of various other motels around PDX that cost, on average, 30 percent less. We were disappointed. There was no difference whatsoever, and in comparison to some it was not as good. We won't pay the extra to stay there again. Even the Shuttle wasn't theirs. We had to wait for it to come from other motels to take us to the airport in the morning.
1 night trip May 11, 2014
"nice and clean"
everything was good except the breakfast food. the scrambled eggs tasted like they were made from powdered eggs, but I could be wrong none the less the main thing to change is get better coffee and sausage-it was soaked in grease
1 night trip Apr 27, 2014
"Comfortable. Good breakfast."
The woman who checked me in was a little short, but room clean and comfortable.
Other trip Apr 20, 2014
"Close to airport. Convenient location"
Very nice hotel. Rooms are clean. The free breakfast was good. Hotel facilities above standard. Staff very nice. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.
4 night trip Apr 10, 2014
Gary O
"could be good stay"
general mediocra stay but needs upgraded. room 118 , opened door and knew the smell was a coverup smell. found toilet was leaking water from the bottom of toilet . basic room..
1 night trip Apr 11, 2014
greg
"Nice!"
Clean comfortable and cozy. Lots of great food choices around. Out of the city but not to far.
1 night business trip Apr 5, 2014
"Needed to be close to the airport."
Overall it was a good experience however the staff member working at night was not pleasant. I had to ask question after question to get simple information such as what time is breakfast. She simply asked me for my name, gave me the card to my room and just stared at me.
Other trip Apr 4, 2014
Tami
"Holiday Inn Express at Portland Airport"
We had a great stay, clean, comfortable, with everything we needed. Two things I would say need to be considered; breakfast closing at 9:30 and noisy hallway at 2 AM (early Saturday morning). Breakfast should be offered through 10 am at a minimum. This was not only frustrating to us, but I saw two other very irritated guests. We were awakened by noise in the hallway at 2 AM on Saturday morning. It was annoying and went on for sometime. Other than that, it was a good stay.
Other trip Mar 30, 2014
"On the way home from a business convention"
One of the main attractions was the full breakfast in the ad,but after checking in to our rooms I was impressed with the size of the room and bathroom. The beds were very comfy, had lovely bedding. The only complaint was not enough condiments for the coffee for the in room coffee. I had to move the coffee maker to another location because the cord wasn't long enough to plug in where it was placed.
1 night business trip Mar 22, 2014
Shari
"Great value for the money."
Great breakfast provided and a very nice staff that took care of the food and tables. The beds and pillows were great and had a great nights sleep. The weird thing about the hotel room was that the bathroom seemed to have been built for shorter people. Great value for the money.
Other trip Mar 20, 2014
mike
"No smoking???"
Room was ok. Small hole in wall back of shower. Woke up to cigarette smoke coming through bathroom vent. No smoking hotel means no smoking people. Yuck!
Other trip Mar 1, 2014
"close to the airport"
I needed a hotel close to the Portland airport. This hotel was close, nice lobby and clean room. It's not fancy, but worked well for 1 night. I travel every week for business.
1 night business trip Jan 29, 2014
"Nice hotel near the airport"
Good value for the money. Quiet, clean, comfortable
Other trip Feb 2, 2014
"sports event in town"
Everything was great! Food was delicious and great variety.
Other trip Feb 1, 2014
Joel
"Horrible customer service"
I have never had worse customer service at a hotel in my life. My flight was a little delayed but only by 30 minutes so I got to the hotel at around 11:00 at night. When I arrived they stated that they had double booked my room so there was no rooms available but to not worry because they had booked a room for me all I had to do was walk down the street 3 blocks to a hotel that cost $50 a night less and was not up to par. They said don't worry we will cover the cost. Well I hope so because I had already paid for my entire stay. I can't believe customers are treated this way. Never book at this hotel.
3 night business trip Jan 22, 2014
Jake
"Comfortable bed"
Overall good value. Bed was really comfy and breakfast was good.
2 night trip Dec 20, 2013
"Close to Airport"
It was a nice stay. Breakfast was good. Had issues with expedia while booking. Expedia did not send my booking details to hotel and I have to wait for 1 hour on the hotel counter. Except the issue rest all was good
Other trip Dec 6, 2013
Anand
"Friendliest staff ever!"
Great location, close to airport. We got in late & the airport shuttle picked us up... everyone from the airport shuttle driver to front desk attendents were super friendly & helpful... would definitely stay here again!
Other trip Oct 20, 2013
Anne
"Convenience to Airport"
Comfortable and Convenient. Staff was very helpful and friendly. Probably will stay here again. Only real drawback was mold on ceiling in tub area.
1 night trip Oct 14, 2013
lovely
"Quiet Fall Get Away"
Hotel staff had driving directions for us waiting at the desk for our local trip the next day. Hotel had a shuttle service to local restaurants and shopping malls. Staff were very helpful and informative. Rooms were clean and comfortable.
Other trip Oct 9, 2013
Joyce
"easy access"
Although it was a one night stay for us, plus a 3-month old, we enjoyed the hotel. It was close to freeways for easy access to where we needed to go. The staff was accommodating when we asked for a 1st floor room at check-in. The breakfast in the AM was good with variety. Would stay here again.
1 night trip Sep 7, 2013
Grapevine
"GOOD CHOICE"
JENNY CHECKED US IN EARLY AT OUR REQUEST, EVEN ON A HOLIDAY WEEKEND. NICE!
Other trip Sep 4, 2013
PHIL
"It was ok"
The hotel room felt a little bit old, but very comfortable. I wish the bathroom had been a little bit cleaner; the sink had a couple of hairs from the previous guests.
1 night trip Sep 1, 2013
Art
"Holiday Inn Express"
The hotel served our needs and we will return the next time we our in the area visiting family.
Other trip Sep 1, 2013
"Great for an early arrival"
The staff were courteous and responsive. The room was clean and the bathroom was spotless. We came in early to confirm, came back quite later, and left very early. The hotel staff supported our odd hours with professionalism,
Response by Holiday Inn Express & Suites Portland Airport
Dear Guest, Thank you for sharing your wonderful comments. It does mean a lot coming from our guest. Kind Regards,
1 night trip Jul 27, 2013
Great value. Housekeeping was a bit sloppy; there were several pieces of rubbish under one of the chairs in the room. Didn't discover it until I moved the chair. Guess the staff should do the same.
Response by Holiday Inn Express & Suites Portland Airport
Dear Ed, Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We value all comments and look for ways to improve. It sounds as if I need to bring these issues to my Housekeeping's attention to ensure that these little things are not overlooked. We do hope that we will get the opportunity to have you again in the future. Kind Regards,
2 night trip Jul 26, 2013
Ed
"Somewhat close to swim venue"
Hotel was perfect. Staff is very good at what they do and friendly.
5 night trip Jul 16, 2013
"Good value, great breakfast!"
We loved the free breakfast and the price was just right - free shuttle to and from hotel. Very happy!
Other trip Jul 9, 2013
"Convenient to airport"
Hotel is close to the airport so its easy to get to and from flights or rental car locations. I stayed in a king room and it had a nice bed, desk and lounge chair. The bathroom was also larger than what you usually find at a hotel.
Other trip Jul 7, 2013
"Airport convenience"
Room was fine. Breakfast was excellent. Staff very friendly and helpful. Card lock for door was iffy, at best. It worked sometimes. A little bit of a hassle, but it was ok for one night. When I checked out, I reported this problem. The front desk was going to notify maintenance to check/ change the battery.
1 night trip Jun 21, 2013
"clean, friendly staff, close to airport, just all"
one night, good wake up nice shuttle to airport, would reccomend highly
Other trip May 29, 2013