All hotels in Poughkeepsie, New York, United States of America
2750 South Road, Poughkeepsie, NY, 12601, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9222

"Very close to Marist"
Very nicely priced and comfortable!! Convenient to Marist College!!
1 night trip Apr 24, 2014
Judy
"Ok hotel close to the Cuilinary Institute."
Check in was quick and easy. Room was totally acceptable, but w/o any luxury goodies. Heat and AC was available thru an in-room unit that worked well and quietly. Hot breakfast was available, but strictly DIY, with a machine that shook and ejected pancakes. If I have reason to stay in the area again, I will probably choose this hotel.
Other trip Apr 28, 2014
Janie
Great place and will be even nicer when renovation is done:)
2 night trip Apr 4, 2014
Trish
"AWESOME!!"
My experience was Awesome!! I have had terrible experiences at 2 other places that I stayed at while visiting Poughkeepsie..... My experience @ Holiday Inn Express Poughkeepsie was really really great.....
2 night trip Apr 4, 2014
Kim Ford
"Good location, easy access"
Very pleasant and helpful staff. Rooms clean and comfortable. Breakfast better than expected. Youth sports team a little rambunctious in the evening. Good location to activities in and around Poughkeepsie.
Other trip Apr 1, 2014
Chachi
"great location, service"
Love staying here due to proximity to train station. staff is always very accommodating to any needs I have.
3 night trip with friends Mar 13, 2014
Jamie
"A step above Motel 6"
Nothing extraordinary. A comfy bed, inattentive front desk, non smoking areas that smell like smokers.
Other trip Feb 13, 2014
"Very pleasant!!"
Very clean nice room. Breakfast was great and staff was very friendly will definitely stay here again if we travel to Poughkeepsie..
Other trip Feb 6, 2014
"Okay hotel for last minute business trip."
The bathroom had a whole in the ceiling that they tried to cover and failed. Bathroom could have been cleaned better.
Other trip Feb 2, 2014
Vincent
"Reliable basic hotel"
I've stayed here before, the amenities and service are consistent...very good for the price.
4 night trip Jan 9, 2014
"A nice place to stay!"
A nice place to stay! Stayed here before,always a good experience.
1 night trip Jan 4, 2014
"Fantastic Stay!"
Easy and speedy check in and out. Great customer service! Both men I encountered at the front desk were very pleasant, friendly and had a warm welcoming smile! To my surprise I was given a little goodie bag upon check in which contained a water bottle, a Twix candy bar and a bag of smart food popcorn! I thought this was wonderful, I always get a little hungry during the night and it was just so great that I didn't have to take a trip out once I was already settled in!!
1 night business trip Dec 12, 2013
Sara
"Convenient to the sights"
Good except for the big mistake that they made. I wanted to give them a reminder note that our daughter who would show up at 1-2 am, that said we were leaving food, etc at the front desk. It wasn't accepted because he told me he would put the info into the computer and when she came in it would be there for the desk people to see. Well, they didn't !!!!!!
6 night trip Nov 26, 2013
Burton A
"Reliable"
We are in Poughkeepsie often and usually stay here. Nothing special about the hotel, but it is dependable.
Other trip Nov 14, 2013
Paco
"Thin walls"
The hotel was very clean, and the staff was very nice, but the walls have no insulation, I could hear the guess next door, every time they used the restroom, used the drier, or took a shower.
1 night trip Nov 7, 2013
"Nice stop in Poughkeepsie"
Good value and location for event in area.
1 night trip Oct 26, 2013
"Suprising"
Our stay at the Holiday Inn Express was surprisingly good. We were not expecting much from a small town hotel but found the place to be very quiet, very comfortable, very clean, easy to access and close to the CIA which was our reason to be there in the first place. We will definitely recommend and come back during future visits. Well done!!
2 night trip Oct 16, 2013
VVV
"Exactly what we expected"
We went to Poughkeepsie to tour Marist College and this was a perfectly serviceable hotel. It was clean and the beds were comfortable. We were in the rear of the hotel and didn't hear any street noise. There were no tables free when we went to breakfast, but we were able to gather up some muffins, yogurt, fruit and coffee and head back to the room. I wouldn't spend my honeymoon here, but it was fine for us.
Other trip Oct 18, 2013
Meredith
"Convenient to Vassar, Marist College and the CIA"
The Holiday Inn Express Poughkeepsie is a nice hotel with a convenient location. The hotel is starting to become worn out. The mattress and pillows were lumpy. The bathroom was yellowed and moldy. The carpet dirty. I was disappointed in the price gouging in the Poughkeepsie area at all of the local hotels. I was in Poughkeepsie for Parent's Day weekend. The price range for the room ranged from $239.00 one night to as low as $102.00, which is truly what the hotel room is worth. The staff was great, but they did FORGET to give me a Federal Express package that had arrived the day I checked in. I had to call the hotel after my departure (realizing that it had in fact been sent to the HI) to have the package sent to me a week later (as I live internationally). I did not eat breakfast at the hotel, so I cannot comment on the complimentary breakfast. The complimentary washer/dryer on each floor is quite a convenience.
Other trip Oct 3, 2013
"Graduation"
I was very pleased with our accommodations. I was touched that the person at the front desk when checking out remembered me telling him the previous day we were there for a graduation.
1 night trip Sep 26, 2013
JK
"good stay"
the holiday inn express is a very clean and quiet place to stay.it has a good casual breakfast offering and it is free.it is not far from hyde park and all that it has to offer.i would highly recommend this holiday inn to anybody.
2 night romance trip Sep 14, 2013
Donald
"Nice place to stay"
I thought the room was well-appointed, clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly, and the overall atmosphere of the hotel was very nice. This building has been around for a long time, first as a regular Holiday Inn and now as a Holiday Inn Express. This is the first time I've been inside since it became a HIE. It's been updated and modernized and is very well maintained. I'm glad to see they kept the outdoor pool, even though an indoor pool could be used year-round. The pool was clean and there were plenty of chaise lounge chairs on the deck, and one table/chairs setup. Can't comment on the breakfast since I didn't try it, but the dining area looked clean and inviting (coffee/tea are available all day).
1 night trip with friends Aug 28, 2013
"Close to Vassar."
We stayed here for two nights. Great hotel. Near all kinds of stores and restaurants. We flew from California so we we needed to buy most of the supplies for my granddaughter's dorm room. Target, Bed Bath and Beyond, Kohl's , just about any store is within a few minutes. Many good restaurants too. The rooms were clean and very nice. I was lost once and could not find the ice machine. One of the cleaning staff was kind enough to show me the way! The front staff lady is a gem.
Other trip Aug 29, 2013
Janet
"Comfy and convenient"
Overall, it was a great hotel which met our needs for our six-day stay. Room was VERY comfortable and clean. Staff was EXTREMELY friendly and helpful. It's also located in a central part of town so running errands and going shopping were so easy. We received a lot value for what we paid. Only minor negatives -- room decor was a little dated, breakfast needed more variety and the dryer for the guest laundry didn't dry our clothes well. But, I'd stay here again if the price were right like it was this time. Kudos to the management and staff.
Other trip Aug 27, 2013
Satisfied Guest
"Clean, comfortable, close to Hyde Park"
Nice room, comfortable beds, good breakfast selection (included) and exceptionally friendly and helpful person at the front desk. About 5-6 miles from FDR site and Culinary Institute and close to Walkway Across the Hudson. Hotel is on a main road but was quiet.
1 night trip Aug 13, 2013
LeonardoJ
THE ROOM, SERVICE @ BREAKFAST WERE GREAT.
1 night trip Aug 12, 2013
ELY
"Nicely located, clean, efficient"
Needed to stay a night in Poughkeepsie and chose this hotel based on closeness to an event we were attending, pricing, and reviews. It was a fabulous experience - check-in was quick - the room was large with a king bed, loveseat sofa, easy access to outlets, and clean, large bathroom. The bed and pillows were very comfortable, there were extra towels(!), a refrigerator and microwave. There was no road noise from busy Route 9 right outside the hotel either to disturb us. Breakfast was included although the breakfast bar was a little disorganized and confusing. But overall, it was well worth staying there and extremely comfortable. Check-out was a breeze as well! I'd definitely stay there again. (A bonus for me was looking across the street at the former home of my grandparents and feeling nostalgic!)
1 night trip Aug 10, 2013
BillyC
"Great Time"
The staff were great -- even late at night when we checked in. The Hotel was well-lit and felt very safe. We stayed for two nights and both nights there was not a single problem. We didn't have time to check out the pool though, so I don't know about that. Breakfast was delicious and well stocked. Overall great time!
2 night romance trip Aug 9, 2013
Maria
"Would definitely return"
Staff were very friendly and helpful. Room was bigger than we expected. Nice view of the pool (request a "view" and a higher floor). Very clean. Spacious bathroom. Hot & cold breakfast is included. Not gourmet stuff, but a good selection and enough to fill up. Fresh fruit, muffins, too. About 30 minutes from New Paltz and the Mohonk Preserve. Walking distance from the Coyote Grill. Great martinis & dinner. Overall, good value.
1 night romance trip Aug 3, 2013
Great stay.
1 night trip Aug 2, 2013
Rita
"good stay"
Older hotel but well kept. Friendly and helpful staff. Great breakfast. .
1 night trip Jul 26, 2013
We spent along weekend . Air conditioning was good it was extremely hot out! Good location easy to find.
Other trip Jul 24, 2013
perri
"Always a great stay!"
We stay here each year for an annual soccer tournament we attend and are never disappointed. Would recommend to anyone.
2 night trip Jul 19, 2013
Tony D
"clean and comfortable"
Just south of the city across from cemetery (quiet neighbors) Nice large room with big sofa. Excellent free hot breakfast. Convenience store. Restaurant (Coyote Grill) 1/4 mile across Route 9 was also excellent.
1 night trip Jul 14, 2013
Ed
"Needs an update"
Also stayed one night at the Hampton Inn up the road and it is nicer and not run down. For some reason the hallways are really hot.
2 night trip Jul 8, 2013
"Horrible dumpy hotel!"
It was very bad. Wallpaper falling off. Dirty carpets. Hot elevator. We had two rooms the first rooms ac didn't work. The seconds shower head was broken. The staff were OK but didn't understand our frustration. It was also very expensive for what u get. I would rather stay at a motel. Sorry have nothing good to say.
Other trip Jul 5, 2013
amy
comfortable
2 night trip Jun 21, 2013
"Underwhelmed"
Overall it was fine, very nice customer service. But sheets were extremely scratchy. Pool was dirty. The tables at the complimentary breakfast were never wiped down as far as I could see, so you are eating on top of crumbs, etc. One elevator so even with the hotel not too crowded you often had to wait. Ice not on my floor, no vending machines so you have to go downstairs to get water. Don't like the lack of thermostat in the room; hard to get a comfortable temperature. Nice to have the mini fridge.
2 night trip Jun 20, 2013
"Recent Poughkeepsie visit"
The hotel was nice and clean and the staff was very pleasant and helpful. The breakfast was also very nice. One little nit is that the room where people were sitting for the breakfast got a little messy and cluttered with trash as the morning wore on. Might be worthwhile to give the tables a quick wipe down and run a carpet sweeper or vaccum at some point diuring the morning.
Other trip Jun 18, 2013
"Fine hotel"
Good stay.
1 night trip Jun 7, 2013
Stan
"Fantastic"
The hotel was clean, affordable, helpful staff, good breakfast, nice pool and an excellent location-what more could you ask for????
Other trip Jun 9, 2013
Jerry
"minor fixes would make it perfect"
Very comfortable. Older tub/shower. I had a couple issues in my one night stay. I needed to plug in the lamp-awkward. The power to the TV went out unexpectedly--electrical needs update. These were unexpected because the hotel was very expensive.
Other trip May 27, 2013
"Great place"
Comfortable, clean, centrally located, great breakfast.
1 night family trip May 12, 2013
"NICE!!!"
Wonderful!!!
2 night trip Apr 26, 2013
Jack
Easy access, friendly & helpful staff, comfortable room and breakfast. What more could you ask for????
1 night trip Apr 27, 2013
Cammie
"Perfect for an "Express""
Staff was very helpful in a problem I had with Expedia and made sure I was satisfied. Breakfast is an excellent low key with good hours. I wish they would stay open a little later on weekends, but still excellent. Great coffee 24/7. Good price and I will be returning.
Other trip Apr 22, 2013
"Great hotel for individuals or families!"
This only minor disappointment was the quality of the mattresses. They felt like older type of mattresses--the kind that lets you feel every move the person sleeping next to you makes. Everything else was better than I expected, in particular a beautiful breakfast room and, for the summer, a spacious patio.
Other trip Apr 16, 2013
Martine
"The Truth!!!"
I booked this hotel because it was close to "Walkway Over The Hudson". I'm not a very picky person, however, cleanliness is important to me. The hotel is a bit overly priced but I'm still glad I stayed here. The staff was nice (freshly baked cookies was a nice touch) , breakfast was decent and they offer 24 hour coffee and tea, plenty of parking spaces (although it seemed the hotel wasn't full), and free internet. Our room was clean with the exception of a strand of hair that I found on my bed, nice size with a sofa bed and coffee table. The bathroom was a good size and the view would have been awesome had we stayed during the summer as it was on the first floor, room 104 and faced the outdoor pool. Overall it was worth the visit and I would stay here again.
1 night romance trip Mar 30, 2013
M. Rodriguez
"Holiday Inn Poughkeepsie"
We stopped in Poughkeepsie to visit Vassar college in town and Colombia and NYU in the city. The location is great. Train station is literally 5 minutes away. So, we took the train to Grand Central ($22 peak time and $17 return) which worked for us as I did not want to deal with finding parking in Manhattan. Service at the hotel was A plus. Front desk was excellent. Breakfast is included, the standard Holiday Inn fare. I recommend this place
3 night trip Mar 25, 2013
"Decent"
The room was pretty nice and comfortable. The shower head was terrible and the drain plug was broken. Does not result in a very pleasant showering experience. Other than that it was a decent place for an overnight stay.
1 night trip Mar 26, 2013